Register

Author Topic:
chreotha
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Nicknames
on: September 03, 2005 04:49
mine's not cool but I call my baby daughter Pippin,
she was a preemie and only 4 lbs when we brought her home and the only noise she made was a little squeek so she started out as my pip squeek and eventually it migrated to my happy little pippin
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 02:04
My nick names come from long ago (when I was a child) in the deep south of the US

My uncle called me "Moon pie" because I had a round face.(and I ate a moon pie or two).
My aunt called me "Butterbean" and "Bep" (don't know the why of that one)
I am now know as the Middle earth refugee. I wear a ring I've named Calennaur. My cousin says that she's going to hold an intervention on my LOTR obsession.

My brother was know as "the chocolate mess" or mullet (the fish, because he was always jumping around in the bay , not the hair cut).
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 10:38
Poppy (I've always had that nickname), Maneth (my elvish name, hehe), Pointy Ears (my friends calls me that) that's bout it, lol
Yunathesummoner
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 12:53
Okay, I have:

Hannieh
Hannie
Hannypooh
LadyLuck
LadyFelicis
Yuna
YTS
Oi, you over there!
Oi, girl with purple hair!
or just: "Oi!" on it's own.
Mrs_Boyd
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 12:58
oooooooooohhhhhhhhh boy...this is gonna take a while. I have so many nicknames...its quite entertaining to try to remember all of them at once!

Snortz: If I start laughing really hard, I snort.

Sqeaks: When I lost my voice a couple weeks ago, i squeaked a lot. plus, it is another name generated from my laughter. lol

Drunk Monkey: Some times after gym i woudn't be able to walks a straight line...no idea where the monkey part came from...

Mrs. Piggy: again, the snorting...

Chicken Fatty Patty: everyday at lunch i get a chicken sandwich...its the only thing i trust...

Banana Split: this ones a few years old...people called my that because, to quote, i "have a split personality". *shrug* oh well...

Pippin: Well...relativly self explainable...i'm a very pippin-ish person sometimes! lol

Haushinka: Well, we called my sis Kill for a while then she decided to call me Haushinka since i love chinese/japanese stuff so much...least i think thats it lol

thats all i can remember for now...when i think of the rest i'll edit this...

[Edited on 3/6/2006 by Mrs_Boyd]
Fallen_Valor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 12:53
Lumpy-I don't know where that came from.

The Almighty Cody-Sarcasm

You Idiot-My friend Rian

Froggy-I can leap like the grasshopper
Aralkariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 08:10
My best friend always calls me Annie (short for Anneke, which is my real name)
My dad used to call me Elfje (something like "little elf" in dutch) but he doesn't do that anymore.. so now I'm just Anneke/Annie :angel:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 08:29
Ok mine's a bit of a list:
Angel Face, Annie, Bonny One, Cat, Cathy, Catregh, Elf Queene, Fae Kitty, Fairy Cat, Here Kitty Kitty, Lady, Lady Cat, Leddy Mine, Little Big Chief, Ishtar [because I'm a book worm], Kitty Cat, Kitty Hawk, Little Mother, Miss Kitty, Mom [by some street kids], Mother Theresa [street kids], Rev, Saint Anne, Saint Catherine [street kids], Saint Theresa [street kids], Sarafina, Sis, Sissy Cat, Sis Kitty, The Spotted Cat, Vicar, Vicar Cat... Oh when I'm being really snotty the Brass B**ch Kitten or BBK for short.

I generaly answer to any form of Cat if I'm not daydreaming or focused on a project.

Lady_Atalanta
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2006 04:59
i dont understand how could you remember all of those nicknames

well....my nicknames....emmm....do i have any?....a lot of my friends call me Snake, Snaky or Serpent, cuz: 1. i LOVE snakes 2. my last name in my language means 'snake' in english....
my best friend calls me 'sister' cuz we really are like sisters then i got some friends who call me Atalanta (and one of them who keep calling me Atlantis, just cuz he likes me being angry with him ) and there i have another friend, who hates LOTR and sometimes (if she wants me to shut up) calls me Frodo, Legolas or Aragorn (she knows just these 3 characters).
my brother calls me (but in my language sounds much much better): A little suspicious metal chick. i really dont know why this 'suspicious'
kingofnoldor
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 04:31
I'm called "She-elf" (no reason) or "Elf-head" (Don't ask!!) My mum calls me "Mr Gibbs" sometimes because I keep on saying "Aye" (Yes I'm a PotC addict as well as LotR. ) My mum also calls me "The human SatNav system" because when we're going out someweare I can get us there and back with out getting lost! :cheers: :rolling:

At camp my mates called me PotC related names e.g Captian Jack Sparrow, Captian Jack Turner and Will Sparrow :love: :heart:

[Edited on 26/7/2006 by kingofnoldor]

[Edited on 6/8/2006 by kingofnoldor]
Lord_Elurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 03:17
Miklagard: its the viking name for Constantinople (also Byzantium and Istanbul" my fav city on earth

Aion: From me.
FrodoCrazy624
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 07:47
I don't have any LotR related nicknames sadly:cry: but here are a few that my sisters used to call me when I was younger: Super, Superfresh, Big T, Little T, turbo, Turbo T...i can't think of anymore...

I'm not sure why they call me that lol, but I do know the T is for my name, because my name is Tiffany

Just figured I would share with all of you because you are all great people
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 03:25
My daughter Luthien (Luthy Lou) calls me Melly moo.
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2008 07:39
I get called Banana sometimes... my dad used to call me that and because he turned out being a complete muppet (and other things my decency won't let me say) I HATE being called that now. Asked people to call me Lol when I first posted in the newbie introduction forum or whatever it's called. I like the nickname Lol for some reason even though it sounds a bit too chirpy for me.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email