Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
Post Weird Habits
on: May 09, 2004 04:27
I was wondering what kind of weird habits the people on CoE have, I'll list mine here and then you guys post yours, okay?!

1. I sing right after someone/something/I wakes me/Iwake up.
usually 'Motivate me...I wanna get myself out of this bed...Captivate me...I want good thoughts inside of my head' my favorite lyrics they're in my siggy.

2. internet slang. You know the stuff like - lol - lmho - rofl - nmhe - etc...that type stuff? Can't stop using it...lol. AAAH! There it was again!!!!!

I have a few more that I can't remember...I'll post them later...if I remember them...lol.

~Mar
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Weird Habits
on: May 10, 2004 10:24
As I've already said meowing at my little sister, but now that's really confusing
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 04:35
ooh this sounds like fun

lets see

Whenever I eat poptarts I leave crumbs behind! I dont know how i do it but i do

if my hair has like a lil bump in it i will stick my finger in it and see if it is all brushed the same way in there if it isnt then i almost die!

I chew on anything that is in my hands!! lol
Diva
Viggo Vixen, Supplanter of Arwen & Anti-Hugging Harpy
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 04:58
Everytime I eat a lollypop, I also consume the entire stick.

There are many others, but it is too much to get into.
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 03:58
- I pout all the time without thinking about it. But my brother does it when he's concentrating so it must be something in the genes lol.

- I never - ever! - touch anything in a public toilet except tissue. I use tissue to flush the chain, open the doors, etc, I just can't touch anything because it freaks me out knowing it's probably all covered in disease lol. I've been doing it for so long I just do it without thinking now.

I have more but I can't think of them!
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 04:45
Weird habits...I feel that`s all I do sometimes! Just a few off the top off my head:

-I`m obsessed with the number 4 and I do every (and I mean every) possible thing four times: whether it be drinking four glasses of water at a time, clapping four times, pulling out four paper towels in public toilets...

-I brush my hair all the time...sometimes I`ll just yank out my brush in the middle of the street and start brushin`...

-I love chewing paper and sellotape, and even though I`ve tried a zillion times, can`t get rid of that stupid habit...

-When I walk along the street, I sometimes start laughing loudly for no apparent reason

That`s it from me

[Edited on 19/5/2004 by Este]
arvandor
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 10:17
hi.

mmm bad habits I have a lot of them. But my worst is that when something good happened too my I'm telling everyone the whole day what I did orsaw. I can't stop talking about it.
And I also talk about everything the first minute i see someone and the rest of the day when I'm with him/her i talk about the subject. And i alsways make sentences in a weird confusing way.
I'm also very irretating when I'm happy.

AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 11:25
I smell everything before I eat or drink it - weird I know but it's just something I do. I have to close every door when I go into a room and i also sing to myself constantly.
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 06:46
I don't know if this is a habit or what, but when I haven't cleaned the house in two weeks or so, and it's just kinda cluttered, I have to go through the ENTIRE house and clean every little spot of dirt. One of my pet peeves though is making sure that the pillows are always in the right spot on the sofa, and that the throw blankets are always folded. It just bugs me if they're not! Also, one I picked up from my dad, I hit myself on the top of my chest with my open hand when I have to [size=1]burp[/size] or cough. It's an annoying habit and I'm sure that it looks super stupid.

One of the habits that I have to say about is one on "Everybody Loves Raymond". Ray's brother Robert always touches his drink or his food to his chin before he eats or drinks it. Every bite. Silly people. *hides under cushion*
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 05:29
-I am obsessed with the number 11.
-Everytime I turn on my laptop, I have to change my wallpaper. I don't know why.
That's it, but I am sure there is more.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 11:29
-i always say hello when i come from school after getting the bus home, even through i know that nobody's home.

-come home from school, go on the internet and the order is always:
emails
fanfiction.net
KTL
Council of elrond (the i go between them all)

that's all i can think of at the moment. last one isn't really a habit i guess.
Silversnow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 04:56
OoO! Weird habbits:

Well, the weirdest I know, and the one I do all the time it what I call pinching my neck. Ever since I was a baby I always did this thing when I pinch some skin from my neck lightly inbeteween my fingers and then kinda caress it with my pointer finger. It's soo comfortable.

I also for no aparant reason sort of just tap out tunes on anything like I was playing a piano, even though I don't.

Hmm. . . can't think of any others now!
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 05:47
I forgot to post it before...my weirdest habit is rolling up my gum before I eat it. Then, I bite it in half...start chewing it...then, I start chewing the rest.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 03:45
Wow...that takes a lot of time....

My habit might not be weird but it could be to others...when someone talks to me I don't look at their faces or their eyes. I look somewhere else but I am listening. hehehe

I have more but I can't think of them right now..
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 02:58
My habit is to use lip balm on my nose if I have a cold. It stops the skin cracking and getting dry. Lip balm or a moisturiser works well for some reason.
augureysyu
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 03:40
My weird/funny habits are...

Before I go to sleep or do anything that envolves sitting for long periods of time like watching tv or doing hw. I HAVE to make sure all my dolls, teddy bears or anything that has eyes on it are not looking at me. I get freaked out by that

When I sleep I make sure that my pillow is not totally backed up againts the bed. There needs to be some space between the bed and the pillow at least an inch. I can't sleep if it doesn't.

I like putting alot of pillows and fluffy things on my bed. But when I sleep I just throw them all of and sleep with just one pillow a bolster and a blanket.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 11:17
My other habit is that I sleep with a book. You know when a child sleeps with a teddy bear, well tha's me.

[Edited on 19/12/2004 by sairina_star]
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 04:27
- When I'm listening to music, I always sing along, and when there are no vocals, or the vocal stop, I sing along with the music, and imitate guitar or violin etc. melodies. Then half way through I realise how silly I sound, and I start laughing.
- I can't go to sleep without reading, even if I only read a page or two.
- Whenever anyone's talking, I fiddle with things, usually just stuff like pens, whatever's nearby. It looks really rude, though, like I'm not listening.
- Every second word I say is "like". I know everyone complains about people who do this, and I've been trying to stop, but its so hard.
- I always listen to music. If I'm in the kitchen, for example, everyone else in the room has to put up with my music.
-Whenever I go away, even if its just for a weekend, I have to take at least 3 books. I once took seven to a Surival Weekend!

[Edited on 28/1/2006 by Anoria_Miriel]
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 01:54
Ohhhhh man....you DON'T want my list.
keylei_of_mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 11:28
i poke people when im bored.

i sometimes talk in acronyms like im from some government bureau.

ya know link from zelda? well... whenever im hurt i always sound kinda like that... (eh! yah!... etc.)

i talk very very fast sometimes. (135 bpm...?)

im random, its hard for some people to follow my train of thought.

i twist my fingers in weird shapes when im bored.

i have my own sign language.

i have my own words for many things.

im sort of a contortionist... i sleep under my pillow. (yeah, whole body.) i sort of kicked the habit though after i slept on my arm and dreamt someone shot my arm off with an arrow. this was a year ago. it hurt. bad.

~keylei
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 01:08
This topic is fun!

Mine arn't going to sound odd unless you know that I'm 25 years old. That said, let's get this train wreak a-rollin'.

I still sleep with my teddy-bear and can't fall asleep without him. I've gotten so used to having something to wrap my arms around that I can't relax any other way (Morna needs a husband lol). When I am in a hotel or something I fold up a pillow into a ball about the same size as my teddy-bear and sleep with that.

I go to parks with my portable CD player, get on the swings, and sing at the top of my lungs even if there are lots of other people there. I know I don't sound great when I can't hear myself, but I don't care. It's fun.

I name all my important possessions, such as car and computer, except for those that I break often (such as the affore-mentioned CD player).

Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 09:07
Just to name a couple...

I put the dishes up the same way everytime I empty the dishwasher, and if anyone else does it 'wrong' i will resituate everything in its proper place.

If i ever suspect that someone has used the washcloth that I use in the shower, I will get a clean one.

I will post more as I think of them. They are habbits so it's hard to think of them.
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 05:10
This is so hard, since these are normal for me.
Keep in mind that I'm 21.

1. I put on hand lotion every 15 minutes. I put it on at least twice per class. I even keep some in the passenger seat for trips home.

2. I hock up a hairball when I'm on the phone with my best friend. I can't help it, I sound like Gollum, lol.

3. My cooking projects. I can't follow a recipe to save my life. My worst disaster... instant potatoes and strawberry yoohoo.

4. I almost always have headphones on.

5. When I'm home and other people are there too. I cannot let people see me wake up. I'll wait till they're all in the living room before getting up. I'll even sneak into the kitchen and grab something small like a pack of crackers and sneak back to my room. I just can't stand to be seen. Until I'm all awake, or I've had my shower.

6. I love to run, but I won't run if people can see me.

7. Falling asleep at random. On instant messenger with my friend, in front of the tv, in my computer chair...

8. I have to take a book of some sort with me when I go potty at home....

9. I don't use a pillow. I sleep on my tummy and end up on my back sometimes. I can NOT sleep on my back. If I do use a "pillow" it's my arms folded up.

10. I can't dance and my bedroom doesn't have much space. So when a really good song is on, I'll jump up and down like a rabid kangaroo.

[Edited on 7/5/2005 by Elistariel]
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 08:49
I have a habit of tearing off those stickers on like glue bottles, nail polish, or body wash, that have like directions or ingredients on them, I just like pulling them off.

And evertime Im done with drinking a pop and I have a straw I'll always chew on the straw and even like bend it in my mouth to make that zig zag style.

I have like the same lunch at school everyday, and I eat it in the same order too, my friends don't like it when I do that lol!

And when I talk (this runs in the family) my hands have a mind of their own. It's like I'm doing sign language lol.

Ohhhhh man....you DON'T want my list.

LOL!! That bad huh?

foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 01:18
LadyPunk: *lol* Yep.

Hey, I do that straw thingy, too! And then I try and get the hole in the straw to stick in my teeth.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 03:27
My mom keeps telling me to stop. She says, you're going to choke on it! And I'm like... it's a straw! It's kind of hard to choke on something as long as a straw. I never try to stick it in my teeth, but I do treat it like a lollypop. lol!!
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 06:35
*lol* Stickin' a straw in your mouth isn't as scary as doing it with a toothpick. Dude, everytime I see someone chewing one of those........ugh...it gives me the creeps.

My mom keeps telling me to stop cracking my knuckles, too.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 12:57
Thats my friend!! She's always cracking her knuckles! During the worst times too! Like a serious pause happens and then you'll hear... *crack..pop crack* ugh!! Just want to hit her!
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 01:20
I pop my knuckles too. And my toes, writs, back, neck, knees, etc. lol.
All that stuff they tell you about your knuckles getting big and arthritis is BS. I've been cracking my knuckles for well over a decade, my fingers are just fine. Plus it feels good.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 02:48
*lol* Same with me. I haven't had one touch of arthritis/blah blah blah since I started doing it about....whut.....five years ago?
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 05:05
yeah. the only ones you need to worry anything about are back and neck. Oh and never crack your fingers from the very bottom knuckle by pressing down towards your palms. If that makes any sense.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 07:17
*lol* Yeah, it makes sense. And no, I never to that. It hurts!
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 07:09
I think, along with what Elistariel said, when you pop your knuckles for a long time like when you turn 50 or 60 years old or something then you'll start to get arthritsis... I'm not sure.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 07:34
Nah, not really. What the popping comes from is the ligaments that hold the bones together stretching (the reason why you shouldn't pop them toward your palm). I'm almost 53 and don't have any problems with them. The only arthritis I have is in my neck (from too many years of overstretching in ballet in my youth) and some in my knees (from the same and being in the Navy). I still pop my fingers, but try to avoid the over stretching in my neck.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 09:50
Ooo...ouch! Take care of yourself BelleBayard.

Yeah, I'm pretty careful with how I "crack myself up". I don't crack my neck or back, because I can't...and now I don't want to after hearing you guys' stories. When I do crack my knuckles, I'll either crack them regularly (just by pressing down on my fingers) or by popping them out (taking the finger and pulling out). It sounds "creepy", but it doesn't really hurt, and I've never had any problem with it.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email