Register

Author Topic:
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
Post RE: Weird Habits
on: May 21, 2005 12:06
My weird habits? Weeeellll....
When I'm having a test at school I always mess up my hair when I'm thinking. I run my fingers through it, again and again and again. Afterwards I usually look like I've been running around in a snowstorm or something *lol* :rolleyes:

And I eat frozen vegetables. They're yummy, so nice and crunchy We hardly ever buy them though, we use fresh vegetables, except when we're having wok for dinner. And then I always eat half of the vegetables before I fry them. My mum always says we need to buy more, because it's there's so little left when it's finished. I don't think she knows why *giggles*
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 02:30

And I eat frozen vegetables. They're yummy, so nice and crunchy We hardly ever buy them though, we use fresh vegetables, except when we're having wok for dinner. And then I always eat half of the vegetables before I fry them. My mum always says we need to buy more, because it's there's so little left when it's finished. I don't think she knows why *giggles*

Awesomeness!!! I do the same thing!! At least....I used to. Heh. My mom doesn't like it either. :cry: *lol* But they taste deeeelicious!!! Have you ever tasted frozen blueberries before? Oh my gosh. It's better than CAKE.....
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 03:56
Woohoo! Never thought I'd find someone who did the same thing:love: I haven't tasted frozen blueberries though (yet!). I'll have to pick some this autumn and put 'em in the freezer
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 09:48
Oooo...fresh picked blueberries!! Do you live back east?

Ok...I'll name ONE of my many weird habits:

When I was about....mmm...five or six, I always admired animals (especially dogs and cats) for their ability to eat, run, play, jump, and live the way they did. I soon started eating like a dog, jumping up on the counter/table like a cat, and running on all fours as fast as a cheetah. To this day, I'm still able to win every race I've ever been in by running on all fours, and I can jump over 4-5' tall object in the same manner. It's kinda scary actually, but it works! Hehe....I scare people...
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 10:49
Have you ever tasted frozen blueberries before? Oh my gosh. It's better than CAKE.....

Better than cake? I don't know about that lol. I love that kind of stuff my favorite is frozen grapes!! It's like candy!

My family and I use to pick blueberries every year, but we stopped because everyone was busy all the time.

foolofatook I use to pretend I was a dog and stuff too. Every once and a while I'll catch myself meowing lol. But I didn't get anything out of it like u did! Wow jumping over 4'5 tall things?? Thats crazy! (in a good way lol).
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 08:19
foolofatook: I had a friend who could jump over logs and stuff back in elementary school on all fours. I could never do that. I'm only 5'5, but I inherited some long legs. I found that out in horseback riding. Never could get those stirrups right. Anyhow...
I pretended to be a kitty too. I even used to eat the dry cat food.
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 09:28
Oooo...fresh picked blueberries!! Do you live back east?
I live in Norway Kind of in the middle (north-south-middle if you know what I mean). There's a forest with lots of blueberries not so far from my house (there are mooses there too! *giggles*)

Ok...I'll name ONE of my many weird habits:

When I was about....mmm...five or six, I always admired animals (especially dogs and cats) for their ability to eat, run, play, jump, and live the way they did. I soon started eating like a dog, jumping up on the counter/table like a cat, and running on all fours as fast as a cheetah. To this day, I'm still able to win every race I've ever been in by running on all fours, and I can jump over 4-5' tall object in the same manner. It's kinda scary actually, but it works! Hehe....I scare people...

Coolness! I'm not much of a runner and I can't jump very well either, but I having meowing and purring conversations with my cat (she even answers *lol*). I :love: animals!
Angel_Of_Athens
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2005 10:04
I bite my lips all the time. They bleed a lot but I can't stop. And I crack every bone. Fingers, wrists, neck, back, hip, ankles, toes, shoulders and elbows but I can't stop
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 06:49
Ewww! I hate it when people crack their fingers in my face! lol!

I am obessed with everything I do. I can't have a nomal I like this... It has to be I LOVE this :blush:
I also bite my nails (baaaad habit)
Oh Yeah! I also always have to write in my diary before I go to bed.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
eowyn4u
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 04:41
When i run out of conversation with someone I usually start singing a little song or start doing a stupid little dance on my feet LOL.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 03:26
All that stuff they tell you about your knuckles getting big and arthritis is BS. I've been cracking my knuckles for well over a decade, my fingers are just fine

Not such BS - three of my friends who crack their knuckles have got arthritis....one got it when she was only 15 (O_o) So yeah. You mightn't have it yet, but in a few years time...

Anyway, as for me, when I'm bored or nervous, I pick the skin on my lips until I'm a bloody mess.
eowyn4u
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 07:51
When i'm bored and sitting or laying in my bed and cant sleep i crack my toe joints- dont ask me how i can do it, but my big toe can do it, and once at one point i was able to do the mexican-wave type of thing with one of my feet and the little pinky would crack. LOL->that was funny.
punk_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2005 01:09
Ok, here goes...
I crack every joint I can, the popping relaxes me or something
I eat frozen french fries and pizza rolls
I bite my nails, and yell at everyone who tells me to stop
Conversations with me have no topic, because I can't stay on one for more than a few sentences
I can't sleep without my pillow. At all. I once spent a whole weekend up because my pillow was dirty.
I've been known to randomly change accents when I talk.
I also quote movies without even knowing it.

wow, that's more than I thought ti would be. :blush:
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 07:35
punk_angel, I have many of the same habits as you! Lol but I also have a few more:
I always tend to play with my earlobes. (This has just recently developed, its quite relaxing)
I always have to move. If im sitting like a good little girl (which isn't often) with my legs crossed, I have to move my top foot. I just sit and shake it back and forth. Very odd.
I LOVE frozen grapes, soooo good. I also love, (i know this sounds disgusting) grapes with mustard. I've been eating them like that since I was little, and I just never grew out of it. Lol, I'm an odd one, I know!!!
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: January 12, 2006 11:39
I managed to kick one of my bad habits (chewing fingernails) within the last couple weeks. If I have an urge to chew, I just run my teeth under the nail. For some reason it works.
Anyways, I also meow at my cats all the time, especially when Lucy (the "top cat", so to speak) meows REALLY LOUD AND ANNOYINGLY. I just meow REALLY loud back at her, and she shuts up. For about 30 seconds.
I also chew on my hand when I surf the web.
I my neck in the morning, preferably when someone can hear, and I pop my knuckles throughout the day. My knees pop whenever I crouch (can't help it), and my hip pops whenever I get up. It makes me limp. I can't pop my back 'cause my little bro really hurt it. I could barely walk for two days (I landed on his knees when we were playing trust. NEVER AGAIN!)
Whenever I get a hangnail, especially on my toes, I can't stop playing with it until I get a nail clippers. Usually by then I have twisted it off and my toe/finger hurts like crazy.
That's all I can think of now.
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: January 12, 2006 07:16
I meow too! But not at cats. I meow at my cat-loving friend And she meows right back.

And Ladylegolas, I do that moving thing too! I always have to move something... usually my foot, else just my toe. But ALWAYS!

And I need at least three pillows on my bed. And some teddybears, but that's optional

And I poke people :rolling:

Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 06:45

I always have to move. If im sitting like a good little girl (which isn't often) with my legs crossed, I have to move my top foot. I just sit and shake it back and forth. Very odd.
I do that too, all the time I'm shaking my right foot as I'm typing

And I poke people:rolling:
*lol* Me too! My friends now have reflexes faster that the speed of light If I so much as move my hand within 30 cm of them they jump backwards or grab my wrists to prevent me from poking them :rolleyes:

[Edited on 13/1/2006 by Celedë_Anthaas]
Alatariel1013
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2006 04:15
Hmm....lots of 'crackers' in here....I'm in the habit of cracking my knuckles too, even when they don't need it.
Another weird habit of mine is that if I don't have something to do with my hands while I watch TV, I won't watch it. I have to be eating or crotcheting or something. I can't just lay there and watch it, even when I'm sick.
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2006 01:21
Cracking my knuckles scare me. No really! I feel like I'm going to break my bones or something. I cringe whenever I see (or hear) someone do it. You guys are brave
I have a habit of making funny faces at kids when I'm at the store and stuff. It's hallarious seeing the looks on their faces. Sometimes they smile and make faces back. It's adorable:love:
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2006 12:04
Hm.... I have this habit of running my tongue across my top teeth. I also am told I have this bad habit of tapping my foot. Like in the middle of class and disturbing people. hehe
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2010 05:41
I have a bad habit of biting my lips. I guess it's my way of biting my nails.
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2010 04:01
Let me think...

- I always have to have my book right next to me. Even if I'm only moving a few feet, the book comes with me.

- I love stress/sensory toys, I'm always using them. Koosh balls, squishy mesh balls (rubber ball full of goo, encased in a small net - you squeeze and these little "pustules" pop out... sounds a bit yuck, but they are really cool), "flour faces" (I don't know what they're actually called... small balloons filled with flour with a smiley face painted on and rubber "hair" hiding where the balloon is tied)... all those sorts of things.

- When I put a bookmark in a book, it always has to be in the same way - with about 1cm sticking out of the top.

- I occasionally "pull" my lips into a sort of grimace, until a little crack or cut opens up in my top lip. I never leave the poor thing enough time to heal before I do it again.

- I pick at the skin around my nails all the time. A lot of the time I end up causing myself pain but I can't stop. I also sometimes stick the corner of one nail underneath the edge of another, again sometimes a bit painful but it feels good in a strange way. I used to tear the nails themselves (often taking off the entire white part), but I've managed to stop that.

- I sing/hum a lot, usually in a "da-da-da-da-da" way.

- Whenever I wash my hands I use a fresh hand towel. My mother hates it, but I can't use a towel twice, it feels unclean almost.

- I talk myself through things. Like if I'm painting for example I'm constantly muttering to myself "A bit of green there, bit of purple there, that doesn't look right, I'll fix that..." in a droning monotone.

- I play with the pages of a book as I'm reading. I flick the edge of the page I'm currently on or run my thumb up the bottom corner of the block of pages yet to be read. The noise it makes is nice.

- I occasionally puff air into one of my cheeks and then move it from one cheek to the other. Feels odd.

I'm pretty sure that's not all of them, but I can't think of any more at the moment. Still, that's enough to be going on with. I usually attribute most of them to autism, except for the nail thing, that's just me being weird.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2010 10:46
I bite my nails, and my bite my lips :rolleyes:
I have lots of nervous mannerisms, cracking my fingers, playing around with my thumbs and tapping my fingers and my feet.

LOTR_obsessed_loony, I also talk to myself everyone else in my family thinks it's strange...and I hum and occasionally sing (if you've ever watched the Three Stooges, and heard the original Curly sing, that's what I sould like)
NeurielAdonneniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2010 08:51

And evertime Im done with drinking a pop and I have a straw I'll always chew on the straw and even like bend it in my mouth to make that zig zag style.

Same here!! except i don't drink pop much anymore...usually it's lemonade lol.

another crazy thing i do is that i can get really hyper at random intervals for no particular reason (my friends are still trying to figure that one out haha)
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: July 16, 2010 10:35
I chew on straws!!!
I sleep with a book under my pillow and a flashlight somewhere nearby or I can't.
I am never farther than 2 mins away from a book
I bite my nails
and my lips (which is actually pretty incredible since I have braces)
I have a whole ton of candles - everywhere!
If something is in my mouth (braces, retainer, etc.) I poke it a lot with my tongue - the dentist hates it when I do that, I mess up everything for the X-ray or whatever
I poke people!! A lot!! It's fun!!

Wow that's more than I thought...
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 22, 2010 09:32
- I occasionally "pull" my lips into a sort of grimace, until a little crack or cut opens up in my top lip. I never leave the poor thing enough time to heal before I do it again.

- I pick at the skin around my nails all the time. A lot of the time I end up causing myself pain but I can't stop. I also sometimes stick the corner of one nail underneath the edge of another, again sometimes a bit painful but it feels good in a strange way. I used to tear the nails themselves (often taking off the entire white part), but I've managed to stop that.

As for the first one, I used to do that, sort of. Mine was on my earlobe. I got a mosquito bite there once, and I itched it until it bled, a cos it itched. And I ended up picking off the scab for months. I ended up accidentally getting the wrong ear a few times, until that one had a scab, too...I broke the habit after a few months, though.

As for the nails, I still haven't broken that habit. I'm working on it, though. My hands are so tiny that it really doesn't look good at all.

Now, for my own weird habits.

1. I walk weird. My feet point straight forward, perfectly parallel, and I don't move my hips, just my legs. I don't know why I do that, I just do, and I can't figure out how to walk normally. This is a bit of a problem, as it gives me blisters on the tops of my pinkie toes.

2. I also pop joints obsessively. Fingers (every joint in my fingers that will pop, I pop it half a dozen times a day) and toes. There is actually a reason for the toes - if I don't, they get purple and swollen. They're just so small, there's no room for blood *and* the gas build up, I guess. Tis weird.

3. I draw on myself with Sharpies. I love the way it feels. I'll have a huge, intricate, gothic-swirl type thing that turns out to be a turtle or something random like that on my leg. Like, always. I'm working on breaking that one, too - bad for the "perfect pastor's kid" image I've got going.
ManveruMapalon
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2010 05:30
3. I draw on myself with Sharpies. I love the way it feels. I'll have a huge, intricate, gothic-swirl type thing that turns out to be a turtle or something random like that on my leg.

Sharpie tattoos!
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 02:10
I pick my lip a lot and often in my sleep. I also make weird little noises through my nose sometimes. My sister says its every seven seconds.
I also whistle though my teeth a lot but mostly when I'm in the car, I don't know why though.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Weird Habits
on: April 27, 2012 05:08
I sing... a lot. I mean, I sing without even realizing it and people have to point it out to me. My close friends even say i sing more that speak lol
And whenever i'm walking down stairs, i skip the last step. don't ask why, because i dont have an answer.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2012 10:16
I was just looking at an old post of mine and I realized, I don't do any of those things any more.

• If I'm wearing long sleeves, I'll tug on them if I'm nervous. If not, I have to hold something with my hands.
  • If I'm scared/nervous about something I'm saying to someone, I laugh. A lot. I did this when I got my first speeding ticket. My mom was super upset with me for laughing. She thought I thought it was funny. I was just scared. The worst one though, was when I had to tell a guy I wasn't interested in him after he professed his "undying love."
  • The room door and the closet always has to be closed before I can sleep.
  • My sheets have to be tucked in before I can sleep.
  • I carry my car keys on the middle finger of my left hand instead of putting htem in my bag when I get out of the car.

Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2012 08:52
I sometimes like to do sharpie tattoos as well lol. though i don't think there's anything wrong with it cause its just marker
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2012 11:36
Sometimes when I think of an idea for a book or movie I will go into my room and act it out (swords and all!).

I hit a few things sometimes
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
JMBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2012 09:21
Lol Beren, I do that too! Only I pretend I have a sword, as I don't own one (although I do have a lightsaber). I also do it whenever I read books. I whisper and act out whatever the characters say.
And GotPrecious, I've picked up the singing habit lately as well, though not as much as you.
I also play with my hair a lot. I always have a hairband around my wrist and put my hair up (and down) several times a day.
Image"Our God is a Lord of angels and of men... and of elves." -J.R.R. Tolkien
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 05:25
I draw on myself a lot. I always pick scabs too. I have many scars because of it. I also bight my nails alot and I literally CANT STOP! Any suggestions? PLEEEAASSSEE!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 05:06
Um, lets see....I bite my lip, pop my fingers, I'm always writing my name, like almost whenever there is a piece of paper and pen/pencil handy. Drives me crazy...and...more that I can't think right now, but I might think of later.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email