Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans Over Forty RPG ~ OoC Discussion
on: February 27, 2005 02:31
First of all, I want to thank all of you for a wonderful RP today. I had such a good time! The only thing that could make it better would to have all of us in the same room at the same time. Now what a party that would be!!

Anyway, down to business. Next RP date? Sunday March 6th was a good possibility that came out. What do you think of that. It would entail that we get the RP up soon, which means we have to keep on the stick with it, but it's do-able. So, what say you?
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 03:19
Any takers for Sunday besides Elfstan and Belle? BTW, how's the editing coming along?

:disco: :disco: :rolling: :cheers: Whoo Hoo! It's almost Friday. I am soooo ready for the weekend.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 07:08
Just to let all of you know that I will be there on Sunday. :wave:

Your right scots56, Friday is almost here for me. Two days of work then I'm off for Sunday.

RP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :disco: :cheers: :wave:

I can't wait. I live for Sundays.
Lothien_Vilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 05:55
Were else would I be on Sunday afternoon! Besides, It is supposed to rain.

shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 06:11
I reckon I'll be there. Last night the computer popped off again. Going to see what heppens tonight. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Hugs.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 02:33
Hello Fellow Travelers!

One keen-eyed elf and short-of-stature-but-long-of-courage Hobbit searching for A.W.O.L. RPs. Anyone know where they are?

And, does the group have an idea of when we want to meet next? Maybe some planning of the basic storyline from here until it concludes would be helpful. I know it would be for me. Input would be most appreciated.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 01:21
A.W.O.L. RP's were with Tanzy for awhile. She combined the two and separted them by squiggly lines. She sent them on to me, Gabby, and I in turn sent them back to the top of the order to have the second story edited because I didn't know who had edited or in what order it had been edited. Unfortunaltely I was thinking in character names and sent it to Bellemaine first as Janell was further down the list. Only after sending did I remember that we were going by Council screen names and Balrog comes before Bellemaine, alphabetically speaking so would everyone please be sure that Balrog a.k.a. Janell gets the edit too. Tanzy and I have edited both posts. the last person (if I know my alpahbet) should then be Scots56. Sorry for the delay, Tanzy's computer hasn't been working well and we both had parent/teacher conferences til 8:00 p.m. on March 16 and 17. Two twelve hour days in a row. But it's spring break now *Yahoo*!

As for meeting: I am still in shock over the announcement by our beloved dwarf:cry:. I think that the group should meet together to discuss strategy, story line, where we are going, etc. and make a plan. I am pretty sure I will not be around on March 20 ( we are planning to go to the Grand Canyon ) But I did tell my hubby I wanted to be home on March 27 so I could look over my lesson plans before I have to go back to work on Monday.

So I will probably be around then. We don't have to do it on a Sunday though, if there is a better day for everyone.

Waiting anxiously to hear from everyone...Gabs
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 09:31
I don't know about anyone else but I was here for over an hour and no one showed up to do an RP today, (Mar 20).:cry:

It has been almost 3 weeks since we did one. Is anyone wanting to do this RP? WE have to get on with the storyline because we do have avid readers out there that want to read the rest of the story.

So, will anyone please leave a note here about when we will do the next one? Thanks

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 02:41
I didn't know that there was an RP planned for yesterday. Did I miss something? Being Easter, I spent the day with family. Next week would work for me if it would work for others.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 04:36
I guess that tomorrow (Sunday the 3rd) is a no-go as no one has said they'll be there. Any days that will work for others? Catch you all on the flip-side.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 05:29
Hello Everyone,
It's been so long since I have seen any of you online or heard from any of you in any way.
What are we up to?
When are we going to get together again for an RP or a discussion about the RP or just to say hello?
I'm with you Mary, tomorrow the third of April would work for me. I may still be there even though it appears none of the rest of you will be.
For any of you who are Catholic, I am sorry about the Pope. He was an amazing man and graced the history of the world with his presence. I am saddened at your loss and ours.
Hope to see all of you soon!!!
Gabs
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 10:44
Hey everyone.

Sil, Janell, Belle and I were online, Mary came on later, but there was no RP. I have the last RP and am editing it and sending it to Mary. She is going to edit and post.

If anyone has any ideas for the next RP date, please say.

I'm fine for next Sunday, the 10th.

Káin is staying, btw. I thought I had told everyone. Apologies if I didn't. Hope everyone is ok with the Dwarf still being around.

And Gabby, yes it is sad about the Pope. I am Catholic, although a slightly lapsed one, but was always impressed with John Paul. He was a great man and will be sorely missed.
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 09:01
Hi everybody! :heart:

Kain, I am soooooooooooooooooo glad you are staying!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:It just wouldn't have been right without you! I think I'm okay for the 10th. Still checking a few things out. Or trying too!

I was saddened by Pope John's passing also. He was a truly, uniquely exceptional Pope. He did a lot of things that had needed to be done for a long time. I have always admired his courage and faithfulness.

Thanks for the card Rose! :heart::love: Did you rig it so the music would never stop? 'Cause it's still playing!:love:!

Hope to see you all soon! Shireling
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 04:50
Hi everyone. :wave:

Just thought I would poke my head in and yes I will be there for an RP on Sunday. I can't wait to see everyone again. I miss you gals.:cry::cry:

I hope everyone will be there.

I too am sorry about Pope John Paul. He was a great man and when he came to Canada I missed seeing him. I have great respect for the man who paid homage to everyone.

My prayers go out to everyone.

Hope to see you all on Sunday.
Lothien_Vilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 06:00
The Popes passing is a sadness to all the world. He was a great man. I will tell you from first hand experience that it was a blessing for him. My dad was in a nursing home for 8 years with Parkinsons Disease. He was healthy as a horse otherwise. But the disease took his mind and his body and thankfully finally took his life. I know they are both better off where they are now - in God's loving care.

As for Sunday, I plan to be on-line Sunday for an RP. Would be nice to have an RP with everyone. I will look forward to seeing all of you.

And for those of you who I told - Den's surgery (maniscus tear left knee) went well. She is fine and doing much better than I had expected. She's got Vicadin, so she is goooooood!
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 12:23
Kass,

I am glad to hear that Den's surgery went well.

I plan to be online Sunday for an RP. Hope everyone can make it!

Regards,

Belle
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 01:59
Yay! The RP is up and we're up-to-date. If I may interject an editiorial opinon--GREAT!!!! I was so impressed with us! *pats all of the members on their backs. Oh, what the heck... gives everyone great big hugs!*

Anyway, I'll be there on the 10th with bells on. Both Elfstan and that elusive Elf will be there looking forward to fun. Eeek! I am so late for work. Gotta go!
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 08:31
I'll be at the Rp if I have to leave the family to cook there own Sunday dinner and work at the school. The home computer is on the fritz, though it seems to be working at the moment. It's going to the Doctor tomorrow to see if it will live or needs to be put out of it's misery. (and mine)
But I'll be there.
Later,
Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 12:46
Good times Sunday, Ladies! Good times. Even if, as Janell said, we were blinking on and off like light switches. Anyway, some business items:
1. The RP going around for edit will be posted as soon as possible.

2. After that, then each of us will do individual posts on our characters' reactions to Theoden's funeral. :cry: We'll have that individual postings until our next group RP.

3. The next joint RP will be on May 8th, cyber orceses notwithstanding. The times will be as usual.
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 03:58
Hello, All!

I will be out of town on business Sunday 17 April and returning Wednesday 20 April in the afternoon or evening. Huge hugs, and I will catch up to you later!

Belle
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 10:20
Hi. How's it going?

I just wanted to drop a note on the RP that we did on Apr. 10.

The person who has the RP, could they mention that they heard the sound of drums beating in the hills in the Grey Wood under Amon Din? It's on page 954 in Chapter 7 of Many Partings.

I don't know about you gals, but I like a reference from the book once in a while. It makes the person who is reading the thread to maybe look it up in the book and maybe make that person re-read the books again.

It ties the RP with being Totally Tolkien.

This is my opinion but it is a suggestion. Hope the RP is doing great.

Don't forget that we have to write our posts for the funeral of Théoden King.

Just started to learn how to type the letters to Middle Earth names. Nice to see it has not died.

Bye for now.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 11:27
I like the references to the book too. It ties in everything nicely I think.

How goes the editing? I'm assuming I'm last because I posted the last RP.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 03:07
Hi all!
I just finished editing and sent it along to Tanzy. She'll finish it and post it for us. IMHO....marvelous! This was at the end of it, but I wasn't sure what it was as I didn't see the * anywhere in the RP. Someone enlighten me please. Thanks.
Elfstan/Rían
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 08:25
I thought it was good too, Elfstan.

Not quite sure what you are asking in your last comment. :twitch:

This was at the end of it, but I wasn't sure what it was as I didn't see the * anywhere in the RP. Someone enlighten me please. Thanks.
Elfstan/Rían
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 11:23
* faen nestad = Sindarin for ‘radiant white healing’

Sorry, I had a brain drain and forgot to put it into the message. I didn't see the * anywhere and didn't know what it was for. Just curious.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 06:01
Just a short note here.

Sorry about the double posting. Didn't see it when I did it.

Also have great news. I now have a better works program: MSWorks 7.0. Now it takes half the time to post something than it did before. It is great.

Again I'm sorry about the double post.:love:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 12:51
So ladies,
How are all of you? When exactly do we RP again, I forgot. Have had so much on my mind lately. Someone please enlighten me.
Gabby
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 03:42
Hi everyone.

Well Gabby, I think we decided to RP on May 8.

I know it's Mother's Day but some of you said it would be ok.

If I'm wrong someone tell me.

See you all next Sunday.

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 04:14
:wave: Hi All!!
I'm planning on being there on Sunday...looking forward to being with all of you. :disco:

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 01:12
Ooooooooooh, Belle! I really like your post. It gives a good slide into further adventures for our merry little band of folk. Well done, well done! :cheers:
Lothien_Vilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 11:55
Ladies,

I am not sure if I will be present for Sundays RP. My daughter is a last minute kind of gal and I haven't been informed of her plans yet. Typically, she has us and his mother for mid-day dinner.

If i'm not on, go ahead with out me and if appropriate, leave me a space.

Hugs
Siladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 06:00
I'll be there.

*bounces around the room* Wonderful posts, Elfstan and Belle both. I looooove the intrigue Belle. Go girl. :love:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 08:33
Belle, I really like your post. I think it's time we had some intrigue in our story again.

I'll be there on Sunday.

See you there.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 03:32
Good times in the RP department! We missed you Siladan and Tanzy though. We left lots of spots that you can insert yourselves into.

Our next RP will be on May 22nd. Times will be the same. Tanzy, you'll put the post up on the thread after you're done editing it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the edits to the already great RP. Yippee!!! *skipping around the room in anticipation*
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 08:41
Hello, Hllo,
Haven't been on for so long been busy with school and llife stuff. I just noticed we have a post scheduled for Sunday May 22. I'm putting Tanzy on my computer system this weekend, so she should be running better. I'll tell her about the post too. Hope to see you all. Printing pictures at 12:40 a.m. of the cub scout pack meetin. So if the typing's bad, that's why. It's late and I'm pooped.!!!! Lov to all. I'll try to revisit when I can actually struck the correct keys.

Brandywine
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email