Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Journeys in the Snow-The Misty Mountains
on: July 07, 2004 09:10
Alisteal was shoked when Arthion touched her. She blushed deeply and her eyes unfocussed in thought. She thought of the past and a look of horror passed over her eyes.
"I understand, more then you can ever know I can understand."
She smiled biterly, she also knew she had no right to give him a hug and wouldn't do so again. "I will not leave." She left the yet hanging in the air. She would eventually have to leave. She couldn't stay and allow her feelings for the elf to show.
She smiled at the two elves. Not realizing her smiled was twinged with pain, horror, and echoes from the past. Along with hurt and pain from the present.

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 04:18
Arthion still had his palm on Alisteal’s not realizing that. He was very deeply moved hearing the words of understanding from both maidens. The elf’s proud clear blue eyes welled up with tears. But he was not ashamed of them for he knew that they understood. Sometimes tears were necessary to clear one’s soul when it was hurting so much that the pain was hard to bear. Yet he did not allow these tears to fall down his cheeks. He did not have to.

Arthion in this moment was so moved that when he spoke his voice was shaking with strong emotions:”You do not even know how much does that mean to me..to have both of you with me”. The elf looked at them and continued:”Sometimes the battles of past are the hardest ones to win, memories so terrible that even the bravest heart dreads to speak of them. And yet there is still hope left. Because you know that there is someone who understands your suffering even if they do not know what was the cause of it. They are ready to give their support. And for that I do thank you. I am in your debt..” Arthion’s voice faltered and the elf stood up while a tear escaped from his eye. He was shaking slightly because of great emotional force of what he just said and looking to the both maidens he could see that they were lost deep in thoughts. He knew that his words had imprinted themselves in their hearts as well as in his…
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:33
Alisteal flinched, "Don't say that." She said hoarsly. Her voice slightly harsh, "Take it back! Please take it back! Don't say you are in my debt! Take it back!" She backed into the wall, and slumped to the ground. Looking up, tears in her eyes she whispered softly, "Please take it back....don't say it agian! Please?" She whispered, voice choked in sobs.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:53
Aerhíril smiled at Arthion, and now she couldn't help but cry too. His words were touching, and filled with such emotion, that she couldn't help but feel the same way. She was lost in her thoughts, thinking about his words, when she was suddenly cut off from them.

"Take it back! Please take it back! Don't say you are in my debt! Take it back!" Alisteal crwaled into a corner and began to sob hopelessly. Aerhíril did not understand why his words had upset her so, and she did not know what to do about it. Arthion looked just as startled as she felt.

eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:54
Arthion was terrified and felt so helpless not knowing what to do. Pain shone clearly in his eyes. For the first time he opened so much in front of someone and got so terribly hurt in return.

Moving slowly towards Alisteal the elf said quietly his voice soft as gentle breeze:”I am so sorry I take it back. I really did not want to hurt you!’. The elf knelt down in front of the maiden careful to keep the distance between them and with slightly shaking voice he said:”What I meant was that you both helped me a lot and I will never forget what you did and offered to do for me. I am truly honoured to be considered worth of it and I would do anything to help you if I only could. Anything..”. Arthion felt his tears streaming down his face and got silent. “Why can’t she see it?” the elf thought desperately as memories were rushing through his head. He did not want to look at them yet they returned..Arthion looked at Aerhíril silently begging her for help. He desperately wanted someone to help Alisteal. He could fight his pain off alone but could not stand another hurting so much and being so unable to help.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 07:01
Aerhíril caught the pleading look that Arthion gave her, and responded as best she could. She knelt down besides Alisteal, and took out of her pocket some beautiful white flowers that she had carried with her since lothlorien. They were still fresh, and the gleamed in the fire light.

"Alisteal," She said calmly as she held out the flowers for her. "It's ok, don't worry. Arthion did not mean it. Calm down my friend."
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 07:30
Alisteal took the flowers staring at them through her tears and handed one to Arthion. "My mom had a ring with these flowers on it. She loved that ring, wore it all the time." She made Arthion take one of the flowers, "It's not you Arthion, you didn't hurt me....it's just.....my mother...." She sighed and gently touched her face with one of the white flowers, tears still streaming down her face.
"It's my fault my mother died...or was killed really..."She broke off with a sob. Motioning for Arthion and Aerhíril to sit next to her. She wiped her tears with her hand.
"My mother was very beautiful, unearthly so, I used to dream that she was one of the elves she told me in her stories, her ears were even not quite human. When I was 15 I got into a fight with some boys my age in the village, they were saying my mother was an evil witch. When I went home, I had 2 black eyes and a bloody nose." Alisteal sniffled again, pain welling up inside her, she struggled to finish,"s-she called me her hero and said she was in my debt.......that n-night the boys from the village and their father's set fire to our house.......I was the only one to get out. My mother died because of me!!" She exclaimed and began to sob harshly, clutching the flowers that reminded her so much of her mother to her chest.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 07:40
"Alisteal..." Aerhíril said quitely, not sure of what to do, so she just spoke from her heart and from what she had learned from her past experiences.
"It was not your fault, nothing like that could ever be. It was those boys doing, it was their intentional fault. stop punishing yourself for it-It is those boys who should be punished...for their sins." She wanted to say more, and to try to convince her more, but she did not know how to do so without hurting her further.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 08:47
When Arthion listened to Alisteal’s story he felt tears streaming down his cheeks. His heart weeped so badly. His own pain that story awoke as well as Alisteal’s were engulfing him becoming just too much to bear. He knew how she felt, he really knew. Every night he heard the man’s screams...when she finished and began to sob he knew what he should do. “But how? How can I?” Arthion’s heart told him what to do but his own consciousness screamed at him that he shouldn’t. “What to do?” he thought frantically seeing that Aerhíril didn’t know what to do.

“Arthion, you can help and you should. SHE IS NOT GOING TO HURT YOU! SHE NEEDS HELP!” the elf’s heart screamed. Hesitantly Arthion got closer to Alisteal and took her in embrace. He wanted to take her pain away, to soothe her. He used all his calming energy to calm both her and himself. And so they were locked in embrace both sharing the same kind of pain and guilt. Tears were streaming down their faces yet they were stronger now feeling the presence of another. Each of them fought they own memories but they just felt stronger together. And Arthion realised that there was now trust between him and Alisteal, trust that couldn’t be destroyed by any comment given in pain..and so they sat for a while rocking back and forth together dulling their pain until their sobs ceased and there were no more tears left. The first rays of morning sun lit the cave bringing new hope to live with..

((This was written by Alisteal herself ))

Alisteal was shocked when Arthion's arms wrapped around her. It had been so long since she had been held, but she felt so safe. Her arms went around Arthion and she sobbing into his shoulder. The pain was overwhelming. She could feel not only her pain but Arthion's.
She felt so connected to Arthion, like he could understand and see her very soul. Even after their sobs slowed and their tears dried up. She couldn't bring herself to let go. She needed to feel cared about and understood for as long as she could. She giggled as his hair teased her nose and sneezed and then sneezed again and mumbled, "Arthion your hair is attacking me!"
The elf finally let go and said softly:" I am so sorry. But it is you who destroyed the braids that were holding it". He grinned. Arthion was tired but felt better. Much better. And for the first time in many years.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 09:53
Alisteal giggled slightly and gently tugged on Arthion's loose hair. "It's all over the place Arthion!" She said with a little laugh. She felt much better then she had in ages, she knew she wasn't through it thoug and knew she'd have problems but for now she was happy. "Would you like me to fix your hair?" She asked, knowing that Arthion's hand was most likely bruised and still in pain from earlier when he hit it. At his nod she stood and went behind where he sat and pulled out her comb, she began to gently untagle his hair and work out a few knots that she found in it. She couldn't help marvel at how soft his hair was and with expert fingers began to braid his hair and unknown to him but with a wink in Aerhíril's direction she braided a couple of white flowers into his hair. With a sly grin in Aerhíril's direction she said, "There you go all done, I think Aerhíril's jealous cause your hair is so beautiful." She exclaimed trying not to laugh. But she had to admit, he did look good, even with flowers in his hair.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 10:10
Aerhíril grinned. She was glad that they had both cheered up, and got their problems off their minds. She caught the sly grin that Alisteal gave her, and she could not help but smile back. She hadn't ever seen Alisteal this happy before.
Although Aerhíril's sorrows lingered with her, she did not mention it. She usually kept herself to herself, and it was often hard to tell what she was really feeling because she was always able to hide it so well. She usually just supressed her woes, and did her best to fill herself with happiness whenever possible. Alisteal Was still fiddling with Arthion's hair, and the sun was coming up. The warm light filled the cave, and illuminated their faces.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 10:21
As the sun rose and brightened the dim interior of the cave Zie stood up. Her head scarf was firmly back in place again. Taking off her heavy cloak she hefted her pack to her shoulders again and looked back at the folk behind her.

"I hate to interupt, but I wished to say thank you for allowing me to share your shelter for the night. I head back for the mountain passes. Perhaps at some point during your travels, we may meet again."

With that she gave them all a small bow, touching her fingers to her forehead in a guesture of respect and walked out of the small cave into the dripping trees.

(There doesn't really seem to be a place for Zie to fit into your tale here. But that's ok. I appreciate your allowing me to join for a short while. I'll keep my eyes on your thread as I've rather enjoyed it thus far. )
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 10:28
Aerhíril Looked at Zie, and gave her the traditional farwell of the elves. "It was a plesure to meet you Zie. I hope that we may meet again."
And with that, Zie left the cave.
Aerhíril looked onto the others.
"Well," She said "I think that we should leave soon, while the day is still new."
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 11:22
As Zie prepared to leave, bidding her farewell Liliandra spoke, "I am honored to meet another of your kind after all these long years, my heart is joyfull that at least one still has the courage to walk this path." With that she bowed deeply to Zie, then turned to the others. "I ask your leave to travel with you, my return to Rivendell is long overdue and your journey will undoubtedly have more to tell before the end." She stood awaiting an answer, spending so much time in Lorien of late it had been long since she was with such young ones. Emotions she might otherwise forget flowed freely through the room, it would be good to travel once again with such...lively ones. Only one seemed to still reserve, hold back what she so obviously, at least to her, felt. She could only hope that they would allow her to join them.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 11:29
Arthion gratefully accepted Alisteal’s offer to braid his hair. It was totally dishevelled and the elf did not believe he could rebraid it himself. His hand still hurt and it has an ugly blackish bruise on it. The elf knew it would start to heal soon but all the same now even he had to admit that his hand was useless. He decided to agree, because there was another reason as well. He just started to feel something awakening in his heart. It was a feeling foreign to him, but very nice all the same. Arthion had to admit that he actually wanted to feel Alisteal’s touch on his hair. When she started to comb it and then untangle he couldn’t help but smile. It was so pleasant. Of course he did not know that she placed some flowers in his hair. When she finished he thanked her but his eyes narrowed slightly as he noticed both maidens grinning. But then he just went to pack his herbs and other things before leaving. He was still moving cautiously as not to harm his wounded leg but was sure that he would manage to keep up with the maidens. When he was ready he looked at both Alisteal and Aerhíril and seeing that they were prepared to leave as well he said:”So where shall we go now?”
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 11:50
Alisteal grinned and giggled lightly. Shetucked a flower behind Aerhíril's pointed ear and smiled. She clutched the last flower to her. And pulled a ring out of her pocket and looked at it, it really did match the flowers exactly. Sencing Aerhíril's sadness she handed her the ring, "Wear it, it always makes me feel better. My mother used to say it was enchanted to make the wearer feel better." She said kindly. She grinned and giggled as she caught sight of Arthion's hair once more. She smiled, "I don't know where to go now, that is what you elves are for." She said with a wink and grinned brightly at Arthion. She wasn't sure what she felt for Arthion but whatever it was made her heart feel lighter.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 11:58
Aerhíril accepted the ring and held it in her hand. I will wear it, Thankyou Alisteal. Aerhíril gave Alsiteal a hug, and she then slipped the ring on one of her fingers.
Aerhíril smiled. "Well, shall we continue on the same path towards the Misty Mountains?"
The others nodded in agreement. Aerhíril turned to Liliandra.
"I would be hounoured for you to travel with us to Rivendell." She said happily. She gestured to Arthion and Alisteal, and they walked out of the cave.
The air was crisp and clean. Aerhíril took a deep breath of the refreshing air, and set off down the path, with Alisteal, Artion and Liliandra just behind her.

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by Aerhíril]
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 07:12
Alisteal smiled slightly, she couldn't help it. It appeared Arthion hadn't realized there were flowers in his hair yet. They continued slowly but steadily, untill about midday when Alisteal realized Arthion was slowing.
"Perhaps we should rest," She said softly, motioning to Arthion. "What do you two think? I could do with a sit down, didn't get much rest last night at all."
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 07:27
Aerhíril stopped. Although she still had the energy to keep going, she relized the fact that Arthion was still injured, and needed rest.
"Ok then," She said as she sat on a near by rock. "We will have a break" She took some Lembas out of her bag, and handed it round.
"We are making progress, the mountains are nearing." She added lost in thought. Soon they were all talking, and sharing ideas about their upcoming travels together,
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 10:25
They were talking about their path when Arthion finally could not stop himself anymore. Interrupting Aerhíril who was speaking he told:”I have just had enough! Could you please tell me what is wrong with me? Do I have some dirt on my face? Or is something wrong with my hair?” he asked with his eyes narrowing suspiciously looking at Alisteal. “Better do tell me now, because if I find out on my own, next time when you will almost bump into a bear I will ask it to chase you both! Do not fake innocence! All the way here you were looking at me and grinning when you thought that I did not see. But I saw! Tell me now!”. Both maidens could see that Arthion was slowly getting irritated.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 10:45
Aerhíril looked at him, suprized at his outburst. She had actually forgotten about the flowers Alisteal had put in his hair.
"Erm," She started, hoping that he wouldn't shout at her. "You, erm... kind of have flowers in your hair..." She looked away, and her words went off into a fray of mumbling.
She caught a glimpse of Alisteal who was pulling the most arkward face that Aerhíril had ever seen.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 11:15
Alisteal held her breath, would he really be mad? He was already acting angry and had sent her suspicious look. She tugged on her own hair, waiting for his reaction and whispered, "I'm sorry, don't be angry. I'll take them out if you want."
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 11:44
For the moment Arthion just looked stunned from Aerhíril to Alisteal. After he got over his initial shock he had to try very hard not to laugh seeing that both maidens were sorry and slightly afraid of his reaction. Then he said surprisingly calmly:”I have what?” as his hands moved quickly to his hair. He smiled:”No I am not really angry but I had to act a little bit to make you tell what it was..honestly flowers in hair..”. the elf could not help but add grinning:”In case you did not notice, Alisteal, I am a male elf and we usually do not use flowers to decorate our hair, we just braid them..and no, thank you very much, but this time I will braid it myself. It is safer this way, you know”. The elf took his comb out of his pack and his fingers skillfully unbraided his hair. Then the elf pulled the flowers out of hair and placed them in front of Alisteal:”you may keep them if you want, I do not think I will need them”. A few minutes afterwards the elf’s hair was neatly braided and he said:”So are we going further? Or do you want to rest a little longer?”
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 03:59
Alisteal shook her head and motioned to Arthion's leg, "I want to check and rebandage your wound while we are stopped and it's light out. If it's ok?" She asked, she really wanted to maked sure the wound was clean and redressed as often as possible.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 11:42
Arthion smiled and said:”the wounds are healing really fast now, it is all thanks to Lady Liliandra’s healing ability for she is well trained in the art of ancient healing” the elf bowed his head slightly. The elf Lady and her brother were always intimidating slightly the young elf who never ceased to title them “Lord” and “Lady”.

Then looking at Alisteal he answered:”But we may check on them if you wish. However I forewarn you that my eyes will never leave your fingers. One has to be very cautious as life teaches us” the elf said grinning and saw that Aerhíril smiled at the comment as well. Then he sat down on the ground so that they could have easier access to the wounds.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 02:09
Alisteal nodded and looked slightly sheepish, "It would make me feel better to see for myself." When he sat down she quickly and carefully unwound the bandages. With soft and carefull touches she checked to wound and poked around near it checking for signs of infection. Seeing none she once more wrapped the bandaging around it. Seeing the wound in such great shape got rid of some of her worries. Looking up her eyes met his and she blushed deeply and looked away, "I didn't hurt you did I? I tried to be as careful as I could be."
She didn't know what was between them but it was growing and it was scaring her and making her happy at the same time and that terrified her too.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 07:01
Aerhíril looked at Alisteal and Arthion. There seemed to be some kind of chemistry between the two. She knew that Alisteal had feelings for Arthion, but she wasn't sure wether He had feelings for her in return. He seemed to like her.
Once his wound was checked, they got ready to leave again. Aerhíril was re-attaching her bag and weapons rather quietly, while the others were involved in a conversation. The wind picked up, and a few small flakes of snow began to drift in the air.
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 07:11
Liliandra was content for the most part to listen to the conversations going on, putting in the rare word here and there. Alisteal wanted to check on Arthion's wound, which he allowed saying, "the wounds are healing really fast now, it is all thanks to Lady Liliandra’s healing ability for she is well trained in the art of ancient healing" It caused her pause, she spoke while Alisteal unwrapped the wound, "We travel together now Arthion, such formality has always made me uncomfortable. Although neccissary in full public it is only us few here, please, call me Lili." She stood to assist Aerhíril with the packing.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 07:23
Aerhíril was grateful towards Liliandra helping her pack. All together they had alot of stuff to remember. After a joined effort, they were all ready to set off again into the sheets of snow that sprinkeld down before them.
"Shall we get going then?" Aerhíril finally said.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 09:46
Alisteal went over to Aerhíril and Lili while they were talking and started to ask them what she wanted then stopped. Sighing she asked them, "I-Is it possible for an elf to love a human" she whispered softly and pulled on her earlobe, as was one of her many nervous habbits. "Please tell me if I do not have a chance with him, I need to know before I fall completely."
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 10:08
Aerhíril could have seen this question coming. But she did not truley know the answer.
"An elf can love who ever their heart tells them to love. And that could very well be a human." She answered quietly.
"But I do not know what Arthion would feel about the situation."
Aerhiril only answered Alisteal's question because she was her friend. If she had been anyone else, then she probably would have given a different answer altogether.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 11:47
Alisteal tried to smile, but she could almost tell what Aerhíril was thinking. Her heart dropped out, she had no chance. She knew Aerhíril liked Arthion too. She smiled sadly, "I understand." She turned and grinned sadly at Arthion, trying to still act happy, but her heart wasn't in it. She shouldn't have gotten her hopes up. She picked up her pack and said quietly, "We should go." She whispered and began to walk out into the falling snow, knowing the others would follow. Her heart was heavy and she began to sing very softly a song her mother had sung once, she tried to sing too low for anyone else to hear. She needed to express her pain in some way.
"Hearts call, Hearts fall. Swallowed in the rain. Who knows
Life grows. so Hollow and so vain. Wandering in the winter light
The wicked and the sane. Bear witness to salvation And that life starts over again. Now the clear sky is all around you Love's shadow will surround you....All through the night. Star glowing in the twilight Tell me true. Hope whispers and I will follow 'Till you love me too . Now the clear sky is all around you. Love's shadow will surround you, All through the night. Star glowing in the twilight. Tell me true. Hope whispers and I will follow
'Till you love me too." She broke off as a tear fell down her face, she wiped it away before it made her cheek colder then it already was now her happiness gone she noticed the cold much easier. She jumped as a hand fell on her shoulder, she turned to see Lili standing there next to her.

[Edited on 10/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 02:23
Liliandra could see the pain plain in her eyes as Alisteal walked past. Sensitive ears picked up the song she sung, filled with the pain of her past. As the song drew to a close Liliandra walked up and placed a hand upon her shoulder, "Come with me a moment, I feel there is something I should tell you." She looked back to the others, "We will catch you up in a few moments." She turned and led Alisteal down a small path into the woods.

"You ask if an elf can love a human, but you did not believe Aerhíril's response, I do not blame you. Her heart is troubled, masking her truth, plain on her face to those who may look, but, so is yours. I can see your growing love for the elfling Arthion, and the bond growing between the two of you. It is true, what she said, an elf can love any that his or her heart chooses. It is not mearly out of a wish to comfort you I say this, for I know it for fact. My mother is elf kind, my father human, they loved each other deeply." She turned and took Alisteal's hand, "A bond of love is stronger, deeper than all the folds of time. A human may not live forever, they may not live a long time at all, but they can live a full life. A life that is full has love in it, the love of another, wether mortal or immortal is the most fulfilling thing in life."

She looked at Alisteal, looking deeper than the human face staring back at her, "Tell me Alisteal, what do you know of your past, who is your family. Something about you reminds me deeply of someone, would you share this with me?"
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 05:07
Alisteal frowned at the question. "My family?" She asked puzzled. "I only knew my mother and father and they never spoke about friends or relatives. I do not have any family that I am aware of. My mother though...."Alisteal got lost in memories, "She was beautiful, so unearthly, almost like a fairy princess from a storybook. Why do you ask? Whom do I remind you of?" She sighed and looked back at the main path to see the other two waiting for them, she sighed sadly once more.

[Edited on 11/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 06:40
"It is an interesting thought, perhaps I will speak more of it later, after more thought on the matter. But now is not the time, nor the place. The snow has picked up and it is time to rejoin the others so that we might make our resting place this evening." She looked at Alisteal once more, remembering, thinking. Then turned to face the main path once more and walked to join the others. She would have much to think of, so much was at risk, she could not be wrong.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email