Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Journeys in the Snow-The Misty Mountains
on: July 14, 2004 01:03
Arthion nodded and moved back deeper into the cave. Then he sat next to Alisteal telling her that there was nothing to fear now and told her that they had to rest while they still could. Alisteal could notice great weariness creeping upon Arthion’s face and the elf assured by Lili that the nightmare would not come decided to sleep. He leaned his back against the wall cave and unable to stay awake any longer his eyes unfocused. His bow, quiver and twin knives were laying close by his side and in his sleep he subconsciously moved closer towards Alisteal..
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 04:46
Alisteal sighed and rubbed her eyes. She drifted off to sleep and sighed, leaning on Arthion. She was woken five minutes later for no reason. She sighed, she wasn't going to be getting anysleep that night. So she watched Arthion sleep and gently brushed some hair out of his face. She sighed, she couldn't believe he could actually care for her. She sighed and rested her eyes and began to hum softly. Very aware of something going on outside in the dark and cold, she wondered if that was what was keeping her up. She sighed and hoped Lili was alright.

[Edited on 15/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]

[Edited on 15/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 05:02
Liliandra crouched in the doorway, still as the stone around her. She had sensed the orcs closing in, three count heading in the direction of the cave, but she could sense their thoughts, they had no intention of working more than needed, they would not enter the cave. She felt Alisteal stir in the back, sending silently to her, "Be still young one, they will pass in a moment. Heed no fear, they will not enter." She paused a moment as they passed, their disgusting smell disturbing the night air. They moved on, passing the cave without even a glance inside. "They have passed, now, sleep, you will need your rest for tomorrow."
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 07:18
Alisteal sighed and stirred, she heard someone, she recognized as Lili moving about. Opening her eyes she saw that first rays of dawn beginning to creep towards them. Sighing she cuddled closer to Arthion for a moment before sighing and sitting all the way up. She took her hair out of it's plait. Sighing she began the tedious job of untangling the knots in the long strands. Very gently she finished her hair and left it down for the moment looking up as Lili came in. She glanced back at Arthion and as he frowned in his sleep, she gently smoothed out the crease between his eyebrows. She smiled lightly, waiting for him to wake.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 03:32
Arthion felt somebody touching him and panicked slightly blinking hastily to return his vision. He calmed down when he saw Alisteal looking at him and smiled at her. Some of loose strands of his hair fell on his face when he sat up. Arthion pushed them back deciding that his hair could wait a minute. Moving closer to Alisteal he kissed her gently on her cheek and asked softly:”Have you slept well, melleth nin?”. Then he sighed exasperated as his hair started to fell on his face once again demanding his attention..
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 03:55
Alisteal giggled softly at Arthion's face when his hair fell into his face once more. She playfull glared at him, "Don't you dare complain about hair, look at mine." She said and smiled, "I did sleep well. Did you?" She ginned as she saw Aerhíril getting up also. "How about you Aerhíril did you sleep well?" Touching Arthion's face gently she went and stood at the mouth of the cave and looked out the snow was rather deep now.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 05:52
Aerhíril awoke slowly. She felt refreshed and renewed.
"Yes, I slept very well thankyou." She answered. Aerhíril put her things on, including her cloak which was now dry. The snow had stopped,but a couple of feet lay freshly upon the ground.
Aerhíril literly jumped out of the cave and straight into the white sea. She loved fresh snow, and had only ever seen it once. "The snow!" She exclaimed with delight as she made a snowball and threw it at the rock face. She looked just like a young elfling as she sat on the snow and waited for the others to come out of the cave.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 10:04
Alisteal grinned and giggled and scooped up a snowball and tossed it at Aerhíril. She giggled and laughed as Aerhíril tossed one back. She went and flopped into the snow and moved her arms and legs to make an angel like she and h er brother had done. Carefully standing up she laughed again
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 11:54
When Alisteal and Aerhíril left the cave Arthion quickly rebraided his hair and then packed his things sighing heavily. He was still tired because he had not sleep long at night. Stifling a yawn he went to join both maidens and managed to dodge the snow balls they threw at him. “Honestly you’re behaving like little elflings!” he grinned at them and then had to move really fast to avoid being hit for his words. But he was glad to see that at that moment both maidens were really having fun, their troubles momentarily forgotten..
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 12:15
Alisteal giggled and motioning for Aerhíril to distract Arthion she snuck up behind him and smooshed snow in his hair. She grinned at him and kissed his nose. Then in apology she helped him get the snow out of his hair. She grinned, "Besides! I am an elfling! I'm only 20!" She said with a giggle and did a little spin in the snow. She giggled though, "But Aerhíril isn't an elfling she just hasn't seen snow often, right?" She asked her friend. Turning back to Arthion she grabbed his hand and turned to Lili. "You can lead the way Lili. Arthion has to walk with me." She said with a wink at Lili.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 12:15
They set off. Aerhíril walked with Lili, while Arthion and Alisteal walked together.

[Edited on 15/7/2004 by Aerhíril]
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 12:41
"Hrmph, you're one to talk Arthion, all little elflings if you ask me." At the same time she pulled the snowball from it's hiding place, and threw it at Alisteal, whom happened to be staring at Arthion at the moment. She laughed as the snow covered them both and picked up the packs. Choosing the path that was most likely the actual path, although one could hardly tell through all the snow, they set out. Slowly at first, as Alisteal was trying to trudge thru the snow. "Arthion!" Lili called back, then walking back across the snow, "We have a few spare moments, how bout you teach the elfling to walk proper?" She laughed lightly, her mood was good in the early morning sun, and the snow brought a new glow to the world that she was enjoying.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 12:53
Arthion nodded at Lili’s proposition and turning to Alisteal he started to explain how to move atop the snow instead of sinking in. Jumping onto the snow Arthion reached out his hand to support Alisteal and then allowing her to lean on him he instructed her how to move. It was quite easy once Alisteal began to believe she actually could do that. When she became slightly more confidant she let go off Arthion’s hand and started walking herself. The three elves looked with amusement at Alisteal’s joy when she started to walk faster then ran still without sinking. “Very good!” Arthion smiled and went closer to his melleth. But just then Alisteal lost her balance and bumped into Arthion making him lose his balance and second after they both landed deep in snow. Lili and Aerhíril could hear a very musical and amused laughter as Arthion jumped up onto the snow once again and helped Alisteal up. “Do not worry it happens at the beginning” he smiled warmly at her and then the group waited for Lili to take lead once again.

[Edited on 15/7/2004 by eireen]
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 01:06
Alisteal nodded and began to brush the snow off of her. She wasn't too sure of the walking on snow thing, but with Arthion's help she knew she'd be able to. She stuck her tongue out at Lili, muttering about being called an elfling. With a sly grin at Lili she asked, "If we're elflings does that mean we can call you ancient one?" She asked with a snicker and hid behind Arthion weary of another snowball. She peeked out from behind him and said, "Arthion will protect me from the snow balls! He's my shield." Her mouth dropped open in mock horror as Arthion stepped to the side and Lili threw another snowball at her. She pouted as they began to head out. Before smirking and grabbing Arthion's hand again.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 05:29
Arthion said smiling when Alisteal took his hand:”Come my sweet elfling” and before she could react he took her pack from her placing it on his shoulders. Seeing the look that this action earned him he said with a bewitching smile:”You have to pay attention to the way of your walking so let me carry that for you, it’s not so heavy..” the elf lied as his footprints became visibly deeper in the snow. "Let's follow the ancient one"
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 06:15
Alisteal giggled,"Melda, your foot prints are deeper. I thought you said it wasn't that heavy." Alisteal said softly and then froze, how had she known that Melda meant beloved. She blushed brightly as Lili grinned at her and said something about making an elf out of her yet. She giggled and clung to ARthion's hand adn whispered to Aerhíril. "Pssst!Aerhíril! come here." She said with a giggle and pulled the elf maiden off to chat secretly. She grinned when she felt Lili and Arthion's suspicious glances at them.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 07:51
Aerhíril followed Alisteal to where she lead her.
"What is it?" She asked while adjusting her pack. The others continued to walk on.
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 08:02
Liliandra watched as Alisteal drug Aerhíril off, walking up to Arthion, "It looks like your youngling is up to no good, best watch your back, I know I will......Elflings." She laughed lightly, remembering her days as an elfling, she could tell Alisteal had something in mind that was to say the least, mischievious.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 08:06
With a giggle Alisteal said to Aerhíril, "Lili said we are elflings, so why don't we act like it. What do you say? We can either hide and bombard her with snow balls, make a snow elf and name it Lili. OR!" Here Alisteal's smile turned mischevious, "We get Arthion in on it and have him distract her and you hold her down and I tickle her!" She giggled.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 08:27
Arthion looked at Lili when he heard her advice and said:"I think that I will heed your council my Lady.." the elf smiled "first flowers in my hair, then the snow..I dread to think what can follow. Even guarding the borders does not require one to pay so much attention to his surrounding". Then the elf sighed heavily "pity that my ada would not understand that I am still so young.." and got lost in his thoughts again, his eyes mirroring the sadness of his soul.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 08:35
Aerhíril giggled. Something that she had not done in a long time.
"No, I say that first we bombard them with snowballs, and then tickle them 'till there blue in the face!" She said with an evil glint in her eye.
"Come on then!" She motioned to a huge snow dune a few feet infront of their friends.
"We will hide behind there. It should give us five minutes to make snowballs!" Aerhíril ran silently across the snow, under the cover of the trees. So that even if the others had tried, they would not have been able to see her. She hid behind the snow, and peeked over to the top.
"Come on!" She mouthed as she began to roll up snow in her palms.

[Edited on 16/7/2004 by Aerhíril]
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 11:45
Alisteal smiled and hid across the path from Aerhíril and started making snowballs herself. When she and Aerhíril had a little pile. Alisteal make a motion and she and Aerhíril began launching snowballs at Lili and Arthion.
She snuck across to where Aerhíril was hiding and with a grin she tackled her into the snow and began tickling her mecilessly.
"I GOT YOU!" She exclaimed with triumph, but that turned to shock when she found herself getting tickled.
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 02:12
"You might be surprised, your ada was young once as well, my head still hurts from it." She laughed again, "I remember still when he did the same things as you and the girls do now. Snow balls, throwing stuff at the border guards, he was a terror. He grew up in his own time, but I'm sure that he remembers those days still. I remember, he still pulled these antics, even well into his two thousanth year." She paused, sensitive hearing picking up a noise on the wind. She siddled to the left just in time to miss the first snow ball, dancing wildly to dodge the rest, then watching as Alisteal snuck up on, then pounced upon Aerhíril. She laughed heartedly, watching the two roll in the snow.

While watching the others, she spoke to Arthion once more, "Remember this day, no matter the age, no elf must grow up, even your ada has his moments, though he may choose not to show them. Let it not shame you, feeling, being young is not wrong." She smiled once more, then threw the snowball she had been holding at the pair of girls.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 05:04
Alisteal grinned and then looked up, sencing sorrow. "Arthion?" She asked, brushign the snow out of her hair that was left over from Lili's snowball. She helped Aerhíril up. And dragged her with her to Arthion, she was determined to show the female elf that she thought of her as one of her best friends. Reaching Arthion Alisteal gently tapped his nose and poked his forehead. "Arthion? Don't be sad!" Alisteal wrapped her arms around Arthion and then with a wink in Aerhíril's direction she began to tickle Arthion. And giggled at the look of surprise on his face.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 01:35
Aerhiril couldn't help but laugh at the suprized look on Arthion's face when Alisteal started to tickle him. Lili was tring her best to contain laughter too. Just then the wind picked up, almost sending them all flying. Aerhiril was caught off guard- and she fell over into the snow still giggling madley.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 08:41
Arthion looked bewildered when he heard Lili's revelations concerning his ada and then said:"And he gets angry at me when I behave like a young one with my 1250 years? Why does he hate me so much then?" the elf said without thinking and then realizing what he had said he moved faster hoping that Lili did not catch the last sentence. He knew very well that his Ada was a trusted and close friend to Elrond and that Lili knew him very well.

But then Alisteal caught up with him and Artion was so lost in his thoughts that it took him a while to realize that she was tickling him. He was surprised and did not find it very funny that everybody was laughing at him now. In one fluid motion extremely careful as not to hurt Alisteal he freed himself from her grip. Seeing her surprise he said:"I had enough of this, sorry" and moved ahead of the group walking slowly so that they could catch up with him easily.

[Edited on 17/7/2004 by eireen]
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 08:53
Aerhíril stopped laughing, and she had just relised that she was sitting deep down in the snow.
"Have we hurt his feelings?" She wispered to Alisteal, still sat in the snow.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 10:07
Alisteal sat down in the snow near Aerhíril with a hurt and sad look on her face, "It's my fault." She said almost inaudibley. "Everything's my fault.....It would have been best if you hadn't met me." Without another word she stood and took off at a run into the woods on her left.Trying to get as far from her new friends as she could, all she did was hurt people and get those she loved killed. She ran as fast as she could and found a very tall tree to climb and climbed to the top of it and began to sob.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 10:42
Arthion turned his head when he heard Alisteal running away and guilt overwhelmed his heart. "What have you done?!" the elf rebuked himself not very gently and unfastening his and Alisteal's packs that he was carrying he ran after her. Being more experienced in running on snow he appeared in the same tree where Alisteal was sitting sobbing only a few seconds after her.

He looked at her and spoke softly:"Alisteal I am so sorry..I did not mean to be so harsh on you, it is just that I was angry with myself for I spoke one sentence too much and then you just appeared. I did not want to vent my anger on you..forgive me, please? Alisteal.." he was pleading her softly with his eyes as he raised his hand to wipe her tears away..
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 10:49
Alisteal sniffled and choked back another sob, "I-it's just I hurt everyone I love and they all leave me. And then I hurt you too!" Very carefully Alisteal sighed and looked at the ground and she and Arthion began to climb out of the tree. ON the ground she flung herself into his arms, "Don't be mad at me for running! Please don't leave!" She clung to him, would he go like everyone else in her life did. Got killed and left her alone. She buried her face in ihis neck and let her tears dry up but still was afraid.
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 11:31
Arthion embraced Alisteal tightly when she clung to him and kissing her on her forehead gently he said quietly yet earnestly:"My sweet elfling how could I be mad at you? Or how could I leave you? We are bonded now and our paths are joined in one. I will go whenever you will go Alisteal, I promise you that" and he hugged her even more tightly allowing his calming energy to soothe her. Then grinning at her he said:"Come melleth nin, we should go back before Lili and Aerhíril will think that we got lost in this woods". And so they went to join both elf maidens but inside of his mind Arthion hoped that Lili did not hear his last sentence or if she did that she had forgotten it..
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 12:57
Aerhíril stood up.
"I don't think I can take much more of this-" She said under her breath. But she new that Lili had heard her.
"I'm beginning to lose track of who is upset and why. But I supose I never knew why in any case..."
"We all have our troubles. And we all must deal with them in our own way. But do not forget that everybody needs support from others when ever they feel that they need it."
Lili stopped walking after she said this, so that Aerhíril could catch up with her. "You have your problems too you know."
"I know." Aerhíril replied quietly. "You seem to be the only one out to us who has no troubles at all-I hope the others don't get lost in the woods." She then added. She was worried about them. She was beginning to feel down too.
Gelmir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 05:20
Liliandra stood and watched as Alisteal ran off, Arthion quick on her heals, then took to walking a short distance. She was unused to being with so young a company, the dramatics might get to her shortly. She could not understand how the child could get so upset over such a small comment, and then to run so, it was illogical, and dangerous.

Listening to Aerhíril, she seemed to mirror her own thoughts, such a turbulent mind the young one had, so quick to jump from joy to anger. She sighed as she responded to Aerhíril, "I wonder myself now a days, it has been long since I have travelled with so young a company. I have been in Lorien too long, watched and learned from those that could stay calm in the worst of situations." She stopped, turning to look at Aerhíril, "You have your problems too you know, I watch your torment daily, though I must say you handle yourself well. You are young yet, have every excuse to act as they, and yet you do not. Why is this, what is it in your heart that holds you to reserve, why will you not speak of what torments you? I mean not to push, as I can see that you have been through much in your short life, but you must understand that I am not without my troubles either."

She thought for a moment, contemplating if it would help any, if speaking her own past troubles would comfort the child into speaking her own, then she spoke. "I had my share of torment when I was yet young, not much older than young Alisteal actually. My father and I were leaving Lorien after a visit, my heart was heavy that day, I had begged him not to leave, but he insisted, there were things to be done and we could not delay. We rode out, just before sunset there was an attack, a large orc horde came upon us. We had been travelling well, several guards, but they were no match for all of them. We were quickly scattered and my father called to me saying to run for the woods nearby. The path looked clear, so I rode quickly, but as I reached the wood an orc jumped infront of my horse and drug her down. I had tried to defend myself, but not to much use. They carried me off as I listened to the battle finally end. Our company had managed to fight off the orcs, but my father would not find me that day." She paused, thinking back, remembering the elves calling for her, "They carried me off, many days until we reached their camp. It was in a strange area, far from a place we had ever seen one before, and well hidden. There I stayed, one hundred and fifty seven years were counted before I was found."

"It was hard for me at first, being reunited with my people after such a long time. I spent most of the early days, hiding in dark rooms, trying to hide from the eyes of my people. I felt so wrong, I felt as though it was not possible to be an elf anylonger, that I must be a different, corrupted creature. It took many people and hundreds of years to learn otherwise." She looked down and sighed, "I still have the nightmares you know, if I let sleep come too deeply my mind remembers the nights that I spent there, the days spent in their spoilt land. Though I try to hide them, and succeed for the most part, the scars that they laid upon me still burn, still seize at my heart from time to time. Only my brother truely knows what happened those days, and perhaps that is what finally brought me about. My brother knows what happened, and is there for me, understanding my fears, and his help allows me to conquer them, even today, all those years later." She sighed once more, looking out across the snow, "The company you travel with has troubles also, each here has there own torment. Perhaps, there is a reason we came together, perhaps, so that each of us may be a support for the other, as my brother is for me."
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 05:53
Alisteal and Arthion stood off to the side and listened to Lili's story. Alisteal's heart went out to Liliandra. Alisteal sighed and clung to Arthion's hand. She knew somehow her running had brought this on. Shd didn't know how to explain to them, she had been alone for so long, even when her family had been alive she'd felt alone. She'd been beaten by other humans, made fun of, assaulted in other ways. Her family murdered and then she was on her own. Running from her past, running from her guilt, staying away from humans. And now she found out she was half elf. She didn't feel like she belonged anywhere.
She was a dirty, unliked, stupid, ugly human and that was it. Yes, she may have her memories back but that didn't mean she felt like she belonged. She had been alone for so long and now she was faces with new emotions, new faces, AND new old memories. She felt wretched and like she was being pulled in a thousand directions. She didn't know how to cope, she had so many emotions she'd blocked off long ago or never felt. She felt as though her world were crashing down. As they talked among themself and finally started heading off again, she was silent, lost in thought but still holding onto Arthion's hand.

[Edited on 18/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]
eireen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 09:55
((my poor elfling..Lili's story brought his worst nightmare to surface..and he feels so ashamed seeing how brave she was..:sob: ))

Arthion stood silent, with Alisteal clinging to his hand and listened to the story Liliandra was telling. Her story. When she spoke of her capture and then of the time spent in the orcs camp Arthion’s heart began to weep for the other elf. Weep forcefully because of what he heard and of the images of his own captivity that could easily fill some of the missing scenes in Lili’s story. Arthion did not even notice the tears that were slowly making their way down his cheeks. When Lili finished the young elf quickly wiped his tears away with his free hand hoping that all were lost in their thoughts and did not notice his weakness.

And then they began moving again, each lost in their own thoughts. “157 years..157 years..how did she survive that long?” the elf thought. “157 years without stars, trees, solace and with only orcs as a company..how could she survive that long?”. Arthion looked at Lili with admiration in his eyes. He never knew that something like that had happened to Lord Elrond’s sister, he had never been told. “157 years..she survived 157 years and is now strong and powerful elf Lady..and look at yourself Arthion..”the elf thought with grief and shame filling up his heart ”..barely 4 weeks, 4 short weeks as a captive of orcs and what was left off you? A pathetic creature on his knees, broken and sobbing with body damaged almost beyond repair..in four weeks they brought you down on your knees, sobbing, broken and begging for mercy..and you think that you are strong or proud? You are a pathetic excuse for an elf and even more for a warrior..almost 26 years have passed and you still weep in your dreams, have nightmares..no wonder your father hates you! He is a great, proud and strong elf Lord, he is ashamed of having such a weakling for his son”. By now Arthion had to bite his lower lip to prevent himself from crying as his heart was painfully hit every time a new thought entered his mind. “He hates you, he is ashamed of you..look at Lady Liliandra and what she survived, then look at yourself..you should better sail to Valinor..no one will miss you here”.

Arthion’s eyes welled up with tears as his heart wailed in pain. “I have to go tonight somewhere, hide and weep because otherwise my heart will break” the elf thought when the other voice in his mind said ironically:”Yes go and weep you are good only for that! What for an elven warrior goes and weeps?! What for an male elf goes and weeps?! You are pathetic Arthion”. The elf inhaled slowly to calm himself down and then thought as a tiny light of hope appeared in his heart:”Lady Lili was captured, they had her..she would understand me better than anyone else.. maybe she could help..Yes” the same ironic voice added:”she could..maybe..but then you would have to tell her of your shame..of your weakness..she would be roaring with laughter when she heard, you pathetic weakling..”. Arthion closed his eyes then opened them and thought:”But after what she got through and as she says she is still fighting with the demons of her own past, would you really had the heart to tell her, to bring back her memories she was trying so hard to forget? You have no right to do that Arthion..maybe really you should sail..”.

Arthion looked at Aerhíril and could not help but wonder whether his new friend felt the desire to sail as well, to leave the Middle Earth and her problems behind. He could feel that she carried much pain in her heart. Maybe one day he would be brave enough to ask her, he somehow longed to talk about the Havens with somebody. In the end he had seen them, he had seen the ship but did not sail. And maybe that was a mistake..

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email