Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Who do you think has the best eyes?
on: February 09, 2005 06:10
Hehehoho, phrase from my Live Journal. You remembered that

LOL! Yeah - I thought it sounded really cool

Yeah, the fake eye! The mystery of all mysteries! I mean, it's just one of those things that nags on at you, wondering what it is, but in interviews and things it's never mentioned O_o Perhaps it's just a question we shall have to keep in mind if we ever get the chance to ask them
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 08:01
I THINK (someone correct me if I dreamed this) that in the cast commentary for TTT Brad mentions that they created a "cataract-opaque" contact lens for him....I think the it was part of trying to make Grima a little more disturbing (as if the lack of eyebrows, the runny nose and eyes, and grimy hair wasn't enough, right?)
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 09:51
You dreamed it Only joking - no, he didn't say it on the commentary...at least, I don't think he did, unless he did and I've just missed that part every time.
FatalBeauty
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 04:04
Yeah, I just can't remember that kind of thing. Maybe it was on crew commentary...? :rolleyes:
~hobbitgirl~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 02:36
Frodo. No question about it.:love:
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 02:11
Hummmm, let me think here for a sec. Who do I think has the Best EYES . *taps finger to chin...thinking* OK, I'm done....ELIJAH WOOD, of course, there's no other :drool:. His eyes are Mysteries . Every time I watch him in a movie or see a picture of him, My eyes focus onto his eyes........There Beautiful :drool: :drool: :drool:.

I adore your avatar. His eyes look so pretty.
Elentaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 05:34
They all have great eyes! Frodo's eyes are so blue, it's unbeliveble! They are also very searching, if you know what I mean. Both Legolas' and Aragorn's eyes seem very wise and knowing and makes you wonder what is going on inside their head.
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 05:32
Really all of their eyes are amazing, with so much expression.

First there's the obvious. As Billy Boyd put it "He's got the biggest eyes you've ever seen, but they don't work." Yes it's Frodo. Such compelling eyes, you just wanna sit and stare for hours at the deep blue expanse of those eyes...

Also Legolas (Not Orli in this case). When he's looking around after Moria, his eyes show so much. His confusion at the complexity that is death - it feels as though we're seeing right into his soul.

Sam - "My dear Sam"... those eyes are so tender and kind. Teddy bear, puppy dog, whatever you want to call it. You can't help but feel comfort in seeing them.

Aragorn's eyes are perfect. They show all of his emotion with such intensity. They are in so many ways the eyes of a king.

Faramir. His eyes show so much sadness, yet sympathy when he looks at Frodo in Osgiliath, and when he sees Eowyn they show compassion and hope.

Pippin - His eyes portray who he is exactly. They are so pleasant and youthful. All of his emotion can be captured through looking in his eyes. Like ocean water on a calm day, you can see down to the very bottom of his soul through his eyes. (I think someone else had the quote comparing his eyes to an eclipse)

Merry's eyes are similar to Pip's in that they show so much of who he is. When he's happy you can see it in his eyes, yet amongst all that there is still something a little more mysterious and mischevious just below the surface. Also, they compell so much. At the gates of Mordor when Mount Doom erupts, his whole expression shows so much grief.

Eomer has beautiful eyes. Nothing more needs to be said.

Gollum/Smeagol. His eyes (although CGI) tell such a story. They are the compelling blue of Frodo, the mystery of Merry, the love of Sam, and the all-around goodness of Pip. He makes me feel sympathetic and I percieve him as pitiful. And yet mingled in with the hobbit spirit is a strain of pure evil. Mezmerizing, really.

Grima's eyes also tell so much. He seem's so divided - which he is. One side is the man of Rohan, and the other a tortured, pitiful creature who is no more than a tool of Saruman.

Gimli's eyes were so difficult to see that its hard to describe them, but then they are really the only real thing about him. I'll leave him up to someone else to describe.

Theoden's eyes too show a lot of character. From the filmy white one's seen during his "vegetative state" to the clear calmness just before he dies, they tell so much.

The twinkle in Gandalf's eyes seems so wizard-like, I don't know why.

Eowyn and Arwen... There eyes were also beautiful and expressive. It's too bad that a fair amount of the time they were welling up with tears...

"The Best" - though for the most part I feel there is none - I will give my vote to Sauron. Although technically it is only One eye (and I feel the "searchlight effect" used in ROTK was a tad over-the-top) I feel it is the best eye in this case. Evil and all that it entails can be seen in just one single eye.

But then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

[Edited on 18/3/2005 by Bealocwealm]
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 07:48
Wow. Great analogy Bealocwealm. But you left out Galadriel's eyes!
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 06:45
Aww! im sorry, LotrLuva... i really didnt mean to.
I can fix that tho.
Galadriel's eyes are pretty. They suit so perfectly in that they are so powerful that it's hard to look at them for long because it almost seems uncouth. Kind of like when you're young and and an authority figure talks to you and you get all shy.
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 07:24
Aww! im sorry, LotrLuva... i really didnt mean to.
I can fix that tho.
Galadriel's eyes are pretty. They suit so perfectly in that they are so powerful that it's hard to look at them for long because it almost seems uncouth. Kind of like when you're young and and an authority figure talks to you and you get all shy.

Cool.
Faramir_Eowoyn_always
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 11:53
I'd have to Faramir... cause Dave Wenham has such pretty blue eyes.... Hee..
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 07:24
Elijah- though not because of thier size or color (both of which are very attractive), but because of how expressive they are.

More than any other character, Frodo's eyes show what's going on behind them. You can almost read his mind. Kudos to Elijah for being a great actor!
BregoLover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 08:33
Sorry, I'd have to say Brego's are the best...LOL. :heart:
Who doesn't love a horse's big brown beautiful eyes, especially when they save one of the main characters in the movie. Hehe...
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 04:21
Who doesn't love a horse's big brown beautiful eyes, especially when they save one of the main characters in the movie. Hehe...

Well, it's nice to see a horse lover.
BregoLover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 05:33

Well, it's nice to see a horse lover.

Thanks, they are just better than guys aren't they? LOL :rolling:
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 07:31
I'd say Orlando OR Legolas because Legolas' eyes are so, like, guarded but when he is feeling a strong emotion you can totally tell. And, as someone else said, they do look wise and mysterious. :love: Orlando :love: (without contacts) has beautiful brown eyes... -melts-
elflover14
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 11:17
Hands down Orlando/Legolas! It doesn't matter if they're blue or brown they're still gorgeous!!! *swoons, yes I am an obsessed fangirl....what can I say?*
Twylight_Aelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 01:21
First place goes to the black-eyed orc from "In Orcs Company". Now those were a pair of eyes . Really beautiful eyes, not to mention mesmerizing. I think that was the only pair of eyes any of us mentioned after the movie ended.

Before I saw RotK-EE I had to say Faramir or Galadriel.

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Twylight_Aelf]

[Edited on 12/8/2005 by Twylight_Aelf]
AniDarling
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 05:47
I think that Liv Tyler has very lovely eyes. Bit Cate Blanchett has lovely eyes too!
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 07:16
However, Viggo's eyes are sooo... like a cloudy day, when the sun begins to shine through. Or like the reflection off a lake in the shade... A greenish plant plucked from the bottom, floating across a blue wave...
Okay, shutting up now...

I was gonna say something like that...........

Me too!! LOL! His eyes are sooo beautiful..

You know that bridge scene with Arwen and Aragorn, the camera cuts between his eyes, and her's and I think that after Viggo, Liv has gorgeous eyes!
batsara
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 10:52
viggo's eyes definetly.
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 03:00
My sister says the only eyes that are worth while are see through blue eyes ( cause her bf has them) but know one has them on lotr!! i liked faramir's though they seemed honest and kind:love:
Kaur
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 01:57
I think Galadriel and Frodo have the best eyes in the movie. Legolas's are gorgeous as well.

[Edited on 11/6/2005 by Kaur]
Rilaisseth_of_Mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 02:50
Legolas!!!! His eyes are so............pretty. I won't say more or I won't be able to stop.
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 05:38
Legolas has beautiful eyes too. They look so elven.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 03:10
I agree, fbc. It seems like it fashionable to bash the Prince of Mirkwood lately, but I think Legolas was fabulous. Speaking strictly of eyes, though, the look of fear in his eyes when Gandalf tells them they are facing a Balrog; and the looks of bewildered pity when facing the deaths of Gandalf and Boromir speak well of the skills of Mr. Bloom.
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 10:49
I think Frodo and Legolas both have beautiful eyes. Legolas' is my favorite though, especially just before the appearance of Gandalf in TTT.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 11:09
Oh dear, this is a tough one. Yes, I liked Legolas' (even though they *were* contact lenses), but Frodo's, Galadriel's, Aragorn's, Arwen's... And um, Elrond's. I adore Hugo Weaving's eyes... Mmm... But truly, I think PJ's casting director picked some awesome folks for the parts.
jen_banwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2005 07:01
hi guys I a new member I so gld to be here in this fantastic site.
well, I think that frodo has the most beautiful eyes I've never seen.that blue eyes are unique!,overall in the scenes when he expreses fear,his eyes seem to be shinning.
however I want to say that sauron's eye is a wonderful one because of that combination of colors between red and yellow...wow!:heart::love:
Denethorsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 12:32
There are two people who have pretty eyes. Brad Dourif as Grima and Elijah Wood. Although I go more for Grima.
~LadyofMirkwood~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 06:46
Frodo's eyes are sooooooo blue and I really love those, but Legolas' aren't too bad either. Pretty close toss up.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email