Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post Before the Moon lit up the Sky (See OOC)
on: September 23, 2004 03:35
((This may be confusing. OOC explains a bit, but those unfamiliar with The Silmarillion and the Unfinished Tales will be lost))

Celaireth dipped her hand into the lake, which reflected the light of the stars above. The grass was soft and the air was warm. Though she looked calm, Celaireth was troubled. Many of her people were missing, and shadows often hid the shining of the stars. Elwen, an elf-child, lay on the grass nearby, gazing upward. Celaireth smiled at the innocence in the girls eyes. Not so long ago they all had that innocence, not even knowing speech. "But those are days past" Amdir said sitting down beside Celaireth. "Must you always know my thoughts?" Celaireth asked. Amdir merely smiled. "The West-Messenger comes again!" several voices cried. Celaireth and Amdir stood up and hurried to where everyone else was headed.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Before the Moon lit up the Sky (See OOC)
on: September 25, 2004 11:56
Eruanna was lying on the banks of Cuivienen, gazing at the stars. She loved them more than anything else she had encountered on earth, more than the wind, the soft grass, and even more than the sound water.

She was composing a new song in her mind about them, and every now and then she would softly wing a verse as if to test how it sounded.

Suddenly the sound of a great horn brought her out of her reverie. "The Messenger! The Messenger of the West has come!" Came cries from the Quendi. She leaped to her feet and ran towards the sound. Eruanna quickly caught up with her friends Celaireth and Amdir.

"He came back! I'm so glad!" She said happily to Celaireth.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 01:59
Oronharyon ran to noise of the Great Horn of the West Messenger. He had seem him before, hut he loved him. He saw his close kin next to him, Celaireth. "So he finally came again," he said to her.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 09:50
"He would never abandon us" Amdir said to Oronharyon. Celaireth smiled at Eruanna, who stood beside Amdir. "The stars shine more beautifully when he comes" Eruanna said.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 04:11
Lastamo hurried to join the quickly growing crowd of elves, anxious to hear the West-Mesenger. She scanned the faces of those gathered, until her gaze finally rested on some familiar faces. She hurried over to where Celaireth, Eruanna, Admir, and Oronaharyon were standing. "Did I miss anything?" she asked anxiously.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 08:52
Aquilla sat by the falls mesmerized by the falling of the water over and over again until it ran into the great sea of Helcar. He wondered what other great things there might be waiting for them to discover beyond the horizon. He longed to see what wonders this land held but his desire was tempered because of the unseen things that wondered the forests. Several of his friends planned to wander deeper into the forest than any other had yet done, even though they were commanded not to. Aquilla was torn when they left and was teased by them for obeying their leaders warnings, they thought the leadership were too cautious because of what the Messenger had said. He wondered often what had befallen them for they were never seen or heard of again.

He reached out to the rapidly falling water and just as he did he heard the Great Horn of the Western Messenger, Oromë. Aquilla along with others hurried to the meeting place wanting to hear what news he brought. Everyone was there or so it seemed, there were those who did not trust the great hunter on his white steed, they feared disappearing into the darkness if they heeded his words. Aquilla trusted him though and always longed for his return. He scrambled up onto the same rocky out crop as he always did when the messenger came to them, he looked around and saw several of his friends there also. Their leaders came forth and the crowd grew quiet
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 01:27
"No, he just came. You didn't miss anything," answered Oron. Suddenly, the crowd grew quiet. Their lords were coming. Olwe, Elwe, Ingwe, and Finwe.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 08:17

Celaireth smiled at Aquilla, for he shared he love of water. The crowd quieted as the leaders stepped forward. Celaireth frowned as Ingwë came out. "There will be darkness btween us" Celaireth thought "But I do not know why".
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 01:10
"Good," Lastamo replied, but then snapped her mouth shut quickly, as she saw Olwe, Elwe, Ingwe, and Finwe enter into her vision. Eagerly, she listened for what they would say.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 09:13
OOC I have update Aquilla's bio.

Aquilla quickly looked over the crowd and spots Celaireth very near to Oromë and the leadership. She looks up at him and smiles, he returns her kind gesture but is distracted by a young girl who considers him to be her brother. "Aquilla, Aquilla" She called excitedly. "Siriël be quiet, we won't hear a thing" He scolds her as he reaches down and helps her up. He quickly settles her down and leans forward listening intently. The crowd becomes quiet as Oromë looks at all those gathered. His voice booms across the lands as he addresses all those gathered to see him. He brings blessing from Manwë and his fellow Valar to the first born of the Ilúvatar and tells them again of the bliss in of Valinor and the blessed days there that only waned as the two blessed trees flower each in their own time in their own light. He tells them of the joy in Valinor and that he comes to have council with them

Oromë has come to them often and taught them many wonderful things and it was thought that he would come and stay with them once again, to teach them even more for great was their desire to learn all they could. There was a collective gasp when he told them of the desire of the Valar that they should all return with him to Valinor. There was near silence and Aquilla was shocked by what was said. There were those who spoke aloud and said they would not leave and others said it was trickery and evil things would befall them. Aquilla didn't know what to think, he looked to Celaireth and saw the surprise on her face and those with her. There was no cheering at this news but quite the opposite. Finwë, Ingwë, Elwë and Elwë's brother Olwë bade that Oromë come and have private council with them and discuss what is meant by this that they might understand fully the desire of the Valar.

Aquilla stepped down off the rock and nearly left his sister there because he was in such deep thought. He looked around and many of those gathered were openly against leaving. He wanted to talk to Celaireth and the others but they were somewhere in the crowd and he could not see them. "Siriël, go find mother and stay with her" He tells his sister. He makes for the falls but he walks slowly and stops frequently to watch the stars. He arrives at the falls and allows the sound of the falling water to push aside all his thoughts and concerns. The mist of the water falls on him cooling his warm skin but the thoughts of what the leadership would say to Oromë kept coming back to the forefront.

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by Barahir1]
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 06:27
Mîrion watched Aquilla. His innocent blue eyes watched the water splash and tumble. Like all the others, he too was surprised at the news Oromë had come to give. If the Valar bade him to go, Mîrion would go. Even though he had no idea what this journey would bring. He pushed his brown hair out of his face.

"You don't know what to think either, my friend?" Mîrion asked Aquilla softly. He shook his head and turned it slightly to look at Mîrion. "If the Valar bids you to travel to Valinor, will you?
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 07:58
Eruanna could feel an air of excitment grow within the crowd of elves. Go to Valinor? A few seemed eager, but most looked doubtful and afraid. The lords spent a long while with Orome, speaking in eager amd excited tones. While they discussed what was to be done, Eruanna and her group sat on the cool grass and held their own unofficial counsel together, with Aquilla and Mirion lingering by the water nearby. Everyone was wondering who would go and who would stay.

"I think that we should all stay together," said Eruanna to Celaireth, Oron, Amdir, and Lastamo. "I mean, Valinor is a long ways away. I wouldn't wish for any of us, or our families, to be seperated from eachother." She hugged her knees and gazed fondly at her companions with her dark, starry blue eyes.

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by NellasTaralom]
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 11:08
Lastamo's eyebrows furrowed as she heard Orome's message. Leave? she wondered.

Later as she sat with the others, she bit her lip as Eruanna said, "I wouldn't wish for any of us, or our families, to be seperated from each other."

"But what are we going to do then?" she found herself asking.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 06:13
Aquilla turned back to face the waterfall not really expecting Mîrion to answer because there was just too much they didn't know. Aquilla had not ever felt the way he did now, he was unsure of himself.

"We have always trusted Oromë Mîrion, and he has always given us good council but asking us to leave and journey through far lands we know nothing of." He pauses and stands facing Mîrion.

"What of the dark ones in the forest he warned us of, how can we journey so far and still be safe from them? There is still much that we don't know, and I don't want to just leave. Eruanna is right we must all try to stay together. Celaireth my friend you have been quiet what do…" Aquilla's question was cut short by wild panicked shouting coming from up stream.

Mîrion and Aquilla who were standing turned and began to run up along the riverbank. They ran as they never had before, stumbling over roots and stones shouting "Á Tulë sinomenna, á Tulë sinomenna." (Come here) They come across an ellon half walking half-crawling shouting as he tried to keep going. They find him and as they try to grab hold of him he fights them off trying to hit them yelling at them. The ellon is crazed and does not recognise them. They finally overpower him and the ellon goes limp. They pick him up under his arms on either side, Aquilla looks around and realises how far they are from the shores of Helcar.

"We are not alone my friend,…… run!" Creatures come out of the forest and give chase, they gain on the three of them quickly. "Oromë,Oromë!" they shout as they run dragging the ellon. At the sound of Oromë's name the creatures fall back just as some of the others from the camp meet them. They take the limp ellon from Mîrion and Aquilla and make there way as quickly as possible to the camp being ever watchful behind them.

They make there way down the embankment by the falls and lay the ellon on the soft grass. They look at him and are horrified by what they see. The ellon's face is cut and swollen, it's clear that he has been badly beaten and tormented. His clothes are torn to shreds and his hands are misshape and swollen. They cannot recognise who he might be for he barely resembles one of their own. Others have now gathered and some of them sob quietly some of them gasp for they have never seen such a thing.

"The creatures that came after us were like wild animals, they were foul and smelt, I have never beheld such things as that before." Aquilla tells them still shaking from the ordeal.

"His life he had has passed on." Another ellon says that kneels by him. "Cover him" He tells one of the ellon.

"No!" Says Aquilla. "You will not hide the star light from his eyes passed on or living. Our people have a right to know what awaits them in the dark forests; Oromë could not protect one ellon from them so how will he protect all of us when we march through lands we know nothing of. We will die just as this ellon has if we leave here! I have seen the creatures that hunt us and I will not walk into their traps, the Valar must protect us! Fetch Oromë and the Elders, let them see this, ask them then how they will keep this from happening to us, ask them what the Valar will do for us!" He shouts at the one who gave the orders.

Furious Aquilla storms off toward the shore where the river meets the waters of the Helcar. He sits himself down on the riverbank at the waters edge and weeps quietly. Aquilla has found the anger that laid dormant within his soul, he now knows how to lash out and fight against a foe who would try to take his or someone else's life energy, their fëa.

[Edited on 4/10/2004 by Barahir1]
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 03:52
Lastamo sat in silence. No one knew how to answer her question. She didn't know how to answer her question. This was all just a big mess. As she sat, feeling sorry for herself, she heard shouts coming from over by the waterfall. It was Aquilla and Mirion. They were telling someone to come over by them. Then they started running. Lastamo, her curiosity piqued, began to chase them.

Shortly after she began, she saw strange creatures pouring out of the woods after them. She screamed, and began running even faster back to the safety of the camp.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 08:44
(OOC-Sorry for controlling things a tad, but I want to have just a bit more about Cuvienen in this thread)

"Celaireth, come with us, as one of the Eldest of the females, you must join our council" Olwë called. Celaireth nodded, and followed them. "I say we should go to Valinor" Ingwë said immediately. He was answered by agrrement. "No" Celaireth whispered. The males looked at her with shock. "Cuvienen was bliss, but it is darkening. We haven't much time in our own paradise, created just for us. Must we leave before we are through? I feel that someday some of us will have to return, and it will not be this way. Give us more time in our home. Let us all remain for a while longer, while it still is light" Celaireth explained. "Yes, Celaireth is right" Finwë stated. Soon all but Ingwë agreed. "Ingwë?" Olwë asked. Ingwë said nothing. Suddenly, they heard terrified shouts.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 05:53
Aquilla felt very strange, his hands had shaken and he was angered beyond his belief, and he did not like it. "Mîrion." He said to himself quietly. "Oh Eru forgive my selfishness I had forgotten about Mîrion." Aquilla stands and notices his shouting has brought a number of elleth and ellon to the riverside to find out what the shouting was about. He needed time to try and understand what had happened and where did the creatures come from that hid in the forest, surely Eru did not place them there to harm us he thought. He was confused and ashamed of his actions, he wanted time to try and sort out his feelings but he needed to find Mîrion first.

He walked around those that had gathered staying far enough away hoping to not be noticed and headed to the falls where Mîrion had come to speak with him. He looked about and found him sitting by the falls. Aquilla sat across from him and closed his eyes allowing the sounds of the water to take his emotions and soothe them. He finally opened his eyes and looked at his friend. "Mîrion my friend, I have acted shamefully and not considered my friend. I am confused, I do not yet understand what happened but I should not have left you as I did. Can you forgive me my friend, can we go together and seek the answers from Oromë and the elders.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 08:34
(OOC-Sorry for controlling your character for a little while, Barahir1)

Wild things that may have once been kin jumped out of the woods, shrieking savagely and throwing sharpened stones. One grabbed Celaireth and cruelly slashed her shoulder his (hers? it's?) talon-like fingernails. Celaireth cried out in pain as the caked filth from the creatures hands touched the fresh wound. The creature quickly overpowered Celaireth in her weakened state, and deeply cut her cheek and leg before forcing her over the side of the outcropping, sending her to the rocky falls below. Thankfully the fall was not far, and instead of landing on the falls themselves, Celaireth fell into the river. "Thanks be to the Valar for protecting me from further harm" Celaireth whispered as she clung to a rock. "Celaireth!" cried Aquilla, who had been sitting near the falls. Aquilla just managed to reach Celaireth's hand, and pulled her out of the current. "Thank you, Aquilla" Celaireth gasped, still holding tightly to his hand. "How have they done this?" Aquilla questioned, gently touching Celaireth's wounds. "Sharpened stones, do not worry, they are not deep" Celaireth answered. "Deep they are, and fouled by those creatures filth" Aquilla said gravely "Lie still on the grass". Celaireth obeyed as Aquilla used the river water to wash her wounds. "The Vala have strong powers, Oromë may be able to heal you" Aquilla said, and picked Celaireth up gently. "I can walk" Celaireth said. "You cannot" Aquilla told her sternly "You would only injure yourself more trying to do so". Celaireth sighed, and stopped trying to resist.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 12:40
Mîrion sat with his eyes closed. Only enveloping the rhythmic splashing of the water as it soothed his soul. He heard light footsteps and opened his eyes to see Aquilla.

"Mîrion my friend, I have acted shamefully and not considered my friend. I am confused, I do not yet understand what happened but I should not have left you as I did. Can you forgive me my friend, can we go together and seek the answers from Oromë and the elders." He says. Mîrion smiled.

"Think nothing of it friend. We cannot live in a world without opposing forces. Where there is light there will be darkness. Just as there is good and evil in our lives. Let us find Oromë and our leaders."

((This fits in wherever it does.))
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2004 04:08
Aquilla laid her down on a soft bed in her home which was next to his. "You need to lay still until the gash is seen to." He takes a piece of cloth folds it and places it over the wound. "Hold this over the gash it will help to stop the bleeding." He tells her. She looks up at him with an expression on her face he knows all to well. Don't look at me like that, you know I'm right." He looks into her sapphire eyes and smiles taking a strand of her black hair away from her face. "I'll see if Oromë can come." He covers her with a light blanket and leaves to find help. He walks quickly to the Elwe's home and sees that no one is there and the door stands open. He looks around but it seems that most everyone has gone to the river, he pauses for a second and then knows what needs to be done.

He runs to his home and takes some of herbs he gathered with a group several days prior and returns to Celaireth. He walks in by himself. "Where is Oromë?" She asks him.

"They have all gone to the river,….. and that's my fault,… as are your wounds." He replies as he works with the herbs he brought. "I have brought all that is needed to heal the cuts, I have watched as Oromë as he instructed us and the time has come for me to step out and help you and our people." He take the herbs he ground and adds water forming them into a paste and folds the mixture into dressings and take them to Celaireth's bedside. "I can do this,… you have told said as much and I think we will need more healers before our time here is done." He dresses the two wounds and carefully binds them. "You need to rest for a while,…I need to find Mîrion and talk with Oromë and the elders. I need some answers… I need to know what is happening and what it is they want us to do. I can't just leave here because they tell us to go to the west, no one knows what the west holds for us and this is the land that was made for us and now we are told to leave. I cannot do that, this is our home and I need to know more, and I need to know what those things were that came to take us and why they are here. He smiles and kisses her on her forehead. "I'll come as quickly as I can. I'm sure that I am not the only one who will be asking these questions" Aquilla holds her hand in his, he kisses it and lays it down then leaving to try and find Oromë.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2004 08:10
Celaireth sighed longingly as Aquilla left; she wished he could stay. Waeriness sank into Celaireth, in both her body and mind. She yawned, and soon fell asleep, and dreamed of dancing on green hills and through lands filled with a brighter light than she had ever imagined. The dream-land, once so bright, darkened suddenly, and cries of anguish filled the air. Celaireth awoke quickly, still hearing the eerie lamentations. The voices of her kin outside were low, layered with uncertainty. Celaireth also was now in doubt; she argued with yourself, wondering whether her input in the present matter had been correct.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 15, 2004 02:33
Eruanna brushed tears from her eyes as she sang a song of lament, her airy, flute-like voice mingling with the voices of the other elves. They were mourning the passing of the young elf, who had been taken like so many others by the evil creatures. Sadly, she reflected that many of the songs of the Quendi were now laments instead of joyful songs like they had been in the Beginning, when they first learned to sing. Beside her stood Lastamo.
The family of the ellon had taken his body; the burial would probably be held later on.
Presently, she lifted her bowed head as she saw Aquilla coming. When he reached her, she saw his eyes filled with tears. "I might have saved him," he said in a faint, far-away voice.
"There is nothing you could have done. His mind was already far gone when you met him," she replied, trying her best to console him, though she knew it was not enough. Aquilla said nothing, just stood with his head bowed in grief. Then Eruanna asked, "Where is Celaireth?" Then Aquilla told her his story. "The reason I came here is to find Orome. For Celaireth, and for answers."
"Go and do what you must; He and the lords have been taking counsel for a long while. It seems that Ingwe is most eager to go to the west; and I believe Orome will let him. Maybe that is the best thing to do," she sighed. "I have had enough of this, I am going home, and I will stop to visit Celaireth on my way and watch her for a while. I hope you can get some answers from the Wise ones. If they make any important decisions, you will come and tell us, won't you?" He nodded. She watched him go, then turned and went swiftly to Celaireth.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 01:17
Aquilla was not sure what he would say to them or even if they would allow him to talk, who was he that they should hear him out. Aquilla was uncertain of himself, he had listened to Oromë and trusted him but something had changed for them all, something had changed in him. He thought of Celaireth and her wound and the sight of the dead ellon, he drew strength from the anger that still burned in him and was determined to get answers from them. Maybe because of his anger and harsh words they may let him speak.

He quickly walked to the home of Olwë, which was closest of all the leaders to the Helcar and the river. Many had gathered outside the home waiting for some answers, some were speaking of leaving now while others said they should stay because this was the land that was created for them. Aquilla waited to see if someone would come out to speak with them but no one did, and this brought out his new found frustration.

"We will not be ignored" He muttered quietly to himself and then promptly walked up to the home. He was about to knock on the door when someone in the crowd called out. "Aquilla it not for us to question Oromë, he is of the Valar and they are our friends." He turned around to face this one who called out but no one would step out of the crowd to face him. "If they are our friends why do they do nothing when our kinsmen disappear?" He shouts out. But no one says anything. Behind him the door opens and he turns to face Olwë. "Aquilla,… come in.

Aquilla enters the home and fumbles in his mind for words to say as everything he thought of saying has left him.

"We understand your anger Aquilla, and as you we too were troubled by what we saw." Elwë comments.

"You did not see the things I saw come out of the forest. You did not have to bind the wound of a loved one caused by one of those creatures!" He turns and faces Oromë. You know what they are Oromë and our people perish and you do nothing!" He said coldly.

"I have come to lead you all to safety in Aman that you may dwell with us in the light of Telperion and Laurelin, to live in bliss with us freely. Manwë himself instructed me to deliver you from this land." Oromë replies.

"I have no understanding of your trees of light and those that dwell here don't know of what you speak. We awoke under the stars and delight in them, why do we need to be delivered from this land, it is our land, given to us. Should we run from those creatures that hide in the forest, you could teach us the skills we need to overcome them, show us how to make the tools we need to keep them away. That is what we need right now, not a long journey to your land in which many might die. We know nothing of your land and what it holds for us, you may deliver us into the hands of Manwë and then what, will we be those who do your bidding. Some say if we go we will die, and others say that we will die here if we stay, we look to all of you to council us, to help us understand." Aquilla feels drained and has no more to say to them. He thanks them for listening and leaves Olwë's home.

Outside he feels the eyes of the others on him and all he wants now is to be with Celaireth. He walks past everyone with out saying a word and walks quickly away almost running into Mîrion along the way. He is quickly at Celaireth's home and knock lightly at her door. The door is open by Eruanna who steps aside to let him in. He goes straight to Celaireth's bedside and sits with her, he runs his hand through her raven coloured hair and drawers her close to him and kisses her. "Did you see them?" She asks him quietly. "Yes,… yes I saw them." He replies. "What did you say to them?" she asks. "Everything that was on my heart to say, words came out of me and I did not even know what I was saying to them, they might think that I am nothing more than a fool." He tells her softly. "Your no fool Aquilla." Celaireth tells him. She kisses him and holds his head and looks into his eyes. "Your no fool." She says again softy. "You did what you needed to Aquilla and there is no shame in that." Eruanna tells him. "Now we will shall wait and see what comes of all this."
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 01:22
Lastamo sighed, as Aquilla came to stand by her and Eruanna, and said sorrowfully, "I might have saved him." She knew that he would have been unable to, and even if somehow, miraculously, the ellon had recovered, he would have been better off dead.

She hoped that Eruanna's words with calm Aquilla's soul, though her subconcious told her that it wouldn't. After Aquilla and Eruanna left, turned to return to her home. Later, she would go to check on Celaireth.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 01:16
Mîrion glanced at Aquilla as he walked passed him. He had heard the yells coming from Olwë's home, no doubt they had come from Aquilla. As Aquilla brushed passed him, Mîrion caught a look from him. His hazel eyes burning with anger, Mîrion would've stopped him but decided against it.

He took a glance around Olwë's home and took a seat across from Olwë. Clearly, the Elf Lord was frustrated. With a sigh he asked, "Would you go to Valinor and see the light of the Two Trees, Mîrion?"

"Yes I would. Despite the fact the journey there will long, hard, dangerous and laborous, I would go. I know of the dangers we face, and the evils that threaten our journey. Many will be lost, but..." Mîrion began to trail. Olwë nodded and spoke, knowing what Mîrion was feeling.

"And what would your reasons be for following us to the Blessed Realm?" Olwë inquired.

"My heart bids me to go. It's will is strong, though I know there is a chance I could perish. I know that the evil that threatens us is new, but I do not believe that light can exist without darkness, good cannot be without evil, nor can there be love without hate." He spoke softly, "And I have dreamed of Valinor. I could not have imagined that such a paradise exists."

"You are lucky then Mîrion, and strong. For not many are blessed by the Valar with visions of Valinor. Do not doubt your heart. I can say that you will live for many ages for you are wise and have a good heart." Oromë spoke for the first time. Mîrion noticed him in the dark corner of Olwë's home, but had paid no heed to him. Oromë's words had stunned him and he stumbled to reply the compliment.

"Thank you sir," was all he could manage to say. Mîrion bowed slightly and left Olwë's home. He paused after walking a few yards, shifted his head to look back at Olwë's home and continued walking.

Without bothering to knock, Mîrion entered Calaireth's house. Pulling up a chair, he took a seat beside her.

"You fare well enough, I presume?" He asked first.

"Well enough." She replied softly.

"You really love him don't you?"

"Aquilla? Yes, I do." Mîrion looked hard into Calaireth's sapphire eyes and nodded.

"I don't think I shall ever fall in love." He stated simply, but kindly and chuckled.

"Love can be a predictable, but surprising thing. You never know Mîrion, maybe one day you will meet a radiant woman who will make your heart skip and before you know it, you will fall in love with her."

Mîrion smiled, "Now that doesn't sound too bad. Perhaps I will fall in love one day. But I do hope you and Aquilla will be happy with each other."
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 10:00
Oronharyon entered Finwe's house. "My lord may I come with you to Valinor?" Finwe looked up and smiled. "Oronharyon, you have always been true to me. Yes you may go as long as you won't be a burden." "Thank you my lord. When shall we depart?" "Soon you'll see......"
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 02:12
"Mîrion, do you want to go West?" Celaireth asked.
"Yes, I have seen it in my dreams! The light is beautiful, brighter than the brightest stars. The land is green all the forests fair, the light leaves no shadows. And we will be safe there. It is quiet and peaceful" Mîrion replied.
"We could be safe here! If only we knew how to fight these creatures that attack us, we could remain here for a little longer! The light of the stars is bright enough for me" Celaireth argued.
"You sound like Aquilla!" Mîrion exclaimed.
Celaireth smiled. "But we may not be right. Wisdom could be gained from such a journey. I am not saying that I do not want to go west at all, only that I wish for more time here, in our home"

Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 01:39
Aquilla had left Celaireth's home and returned to the falls. The area was quiet and no one had lingered there. He stopped for a moment and looked at the spot where they had laid the ellon and thought of all that had occurred in such a short time. He sat by the falls and let the cool refreshing mist that was carried by the breeze to settle on him and soothe his mood. He looked up at stars and watched as clouds drifted by hiding the stars for a moment and then slowly drift away. He loves it here by the falls and no matter what his concerns were he knew that coming here would help to clear his mind and refresh him.

Slowly the clouds began to build and soon there after they shielded all the stars and their light. It was now very dark and instead of feeling at total ease there was something that urged him to leave and move closer to the camp. The noise of rustling grass and odd the crack of the twig breaking came to him, something was moving in the forest close by.

"Who's there?" He called in a strong voice as he stood but there was no reply and the sound of something moving faster became louder as he stood there and listened. Without thinking he turned and ran looking over his shoulder only once as he got closer to camp and what he saw shocked him to the core of his being. Several figures moved about where he had seconds before sat but with the star less sky he was not able to make out who or what they were. Inside he knew what had almost happened and the creatures had become bolder and ventured closer to the camp than anytime before.

He ran to home of Olwë where Oromë still sat with the leaders. Without knocking he opens the door and those at the table turn with a start. "The creatures are at the falls!" He tells them. "There are several of them." Oromë boltes out of the door past Aquilla and blow his might horn, Nahar was there in an instant. With great speed they were off and Oromë continued to blow Valaróma as he rode toward the falls as the others watched.

Olwë approaches Aquilla. "Where will you be in the next little while?" He asks him. "I had planned to go to see Celaireth." Aquilla replies. "Wait for me there then." Olwë instructs him.

Aquilla makes his way to Celaireth's home and knocks lightly on the door and hears Celaireth call to come in. As he opens the door and walks in he is pleased to see that Mîrion is there. He walks over to Celaireth's bedside and sits, he then kisses her and hugs her. "I love you Celaireth" He tells her as he looks into her eyes. He smiles but she sees something in him.

"Aquilla" she says in a questioning tone. "Something has happened, we heard Oromë blowing Valaróma ,…what is it my love?" Aquilla recounts the events that had just taken place at the falls and that Olwë has asked him to wait here. Celaireth and Mîrion are shocked. "Is there then no place that we may find our rest which is not threatened by those creatures?" Celaireth comments. "It would appear not." Mîrion comments.

"They seem to grow ever bolder, how long will it be before we are not safe in our homes?" Aquilla muses.

"There are a number of our kinsmen who say they will stay in spite of everything because this is our homeland, it was given to us by the Ilúvatar. They say they will drive these creatures from our land but I don't know how." Mîrion comments.

"How long will it be before we can no longer stay here. The creatures numbers seem to grow or they may have become bolder but either way I don't think we can remain here, homeland or not." Aquilla says.

Both Celaireth and Mîrion are surprised by Aquilla's comment. "You would think of leaving, of going to Aman and the Valar?" Celaireth asks. Before Aquilla can say anything there is a knock at the door.

Aquilla goes to the door and opens it and ask Olwë to come in. "I was sorry to hear of your wound Celaireth." Olwë comments as he enters. "Does it still trouble you?" He asks. "Thank you for asking but it will be fine, Aquilla has tended it." "You have learnt much in the time you have spent with Oromë Aquilla. I am sorry your talent with the herbs and mending of wounds was needed by one so dear to you." Olwë comments. "Oromë and the leadership have come to a decision regarding the desire of the Valar to have us leave here and go to Aman. You know many of our people fear such a journey into lands unknown to us and some say we should remain here. We will not ask our people to leave here without knowing what the journey before us is and what Aman holds for us. It has been decided that Ingwë, Finwë and Elwë will return will Oromë to the home of the Valar in Valinor and see what awaits us there. They will then return to us and tell us all what journey will entail and what Valinor holds for us. You Aquilla have spoken what lays on your heart and I'm sure you're not the only one with the same questions. I'm truly sorry for what happened to the three of you and before Oromë leaves he has said he will drive the creatures far from us that we might have days of peace until he returns again. I thought the three of you should know this before it is told to all of our people. I hope this will bring you some rest from you concerns." Olwë says as he finishes.

"Thank you my friend, what you have told us restores my hope and in that hope I will rest. Aquilla replies.

Olwë leaves and the three of them are jubilant with what they have been told. Aquilla is pleased to see the bright cheery smile that he has come to love so much radiate from Celaireth's face.

"Aquilla you still need to answer my question" Celaireth reminds him. "Are you thinking of leaving to go to Valinor?" Aquilla smiles at her and doesn't answer right away. "Well" she says in a teasing manner. He sits and looks her in the eyes and says "Yes"

[Edited on 22/10/2004 by Barahir1]

[Edited on 22/10/2004 by Barahir1]
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 04:23
Lastamo hurried to Celaireth's dwelling later that evening. She looked around nervously in the growing darkness. She knew that her fear was irrational, but after the attack earlier today, she had been on edge.

Lastamo knew that the borders were well protected, and that it was not very likely that any unfriendly being would be able to make it very close to her, but that thought did little to allay her fears.

With her heart in her throat, Lastamo stepped up to the entrance of Celaireth's home. She knocked timidly, calling out, "Hello? Are you there?" She then looked around nervously, waiting for a reply.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 07:22
"Come in, Lastamo" Celaireth answered. Lastamo's voice was laced with fear.
"Maybe I would be scared too, if I was alone" Celaireth thought. But Aquilla had her tight in his arms.
Lastamo looked less scared inside the dwelling, seeing Aquilla and Mirion also there.
"There is a place to sit over there, Lastamo" Celaireth said, pointing to a chair.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 10:30
Lastamo smiled gratefully at Celaireth. She walked quickly over to the chair Celaireth had pointed out. "Thank-you," she said as she sat down.

"What did I miss?"
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 12:40
OOC: Right after Barahir's post

~~~~~
Mîrion was about to respond, but there was a soft at the door. Calaireth called out quietly, allowing the knocker entrance into her home. Aquilla strode in, took a seat beside Calaireth and kissed her softly. Mîrion smiled softly and waited for Aquilla to say something; he knew something had happened. As Aquilla recounted the details, Mîrion listened intently. The new threat had seemed to grow more perilous in a short period of time. How soon would it be when Elves would no longer be safe at Cuiviénen? I fear it will be too soon, Mîrion thought to himself.

"I am glad that you are considering going to Aman. For I have seen in a dream, and I could not sum up the beauty and light that dwells there - untouched by evil."

~~~~

Mîrion flashed a tiny smile as Lastamo took a seat. She seemed relieved that he and Aquilla were present.

"What did I miss?" She asked.

"Olwë came to inform us that our leaders, Elwë, Ingwë and Finwë are to leave for Valinor with Oromë. They are to see Valinor with their own eyes and bring back news of it to us. And then we may decide if we still want to dwell here, in our birthplace or journey to Aman." Mîrion informed.

"Oromë will drive back the horrid creatures that jeopardize our safety. They will be far from us and leave us in peace until he returns again." Aquilla added, "For that I am grateful for we can sleep in rest, now having to wonder if anymore of our kin will perish."
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 04:50
Eruanna sat by the fire, heating up a soothing drink for Celaireth.This was one of the first forms of drink the Quendi had learned to make, and Eruanna was a master at it. Once she had heated a pot of water, she dropped in a handful of tiny, soft fruits with a sweet flavor that instatly dissolved into the hot water. After adding some sweet herbs and stirring them in, She poured it into a cup and went over to Celaireth.
"Here, drink this, mellon."
"Thank-you," said Celaireth.
"I have to leave now. I'm going back to my home to my family. I haven't seen them since Orome came, and I wish to speak to my parents about what they wish to do. I'll be all right-I do not fear the darkness outside. I will see you all soon!" Eruanna said. With that, she left and vanished into the night.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 05:28

Celaireth sipped the tea Eruanna had made. The door opened, and Amdir walked in. "I am sorry, Celaireth, I woukd have coome sooner, but I went on a search for Elwen, Berianireth, and Eruant" Amdir explained "They dissappeared when the creatures came". "Your mission was far more important" Celaireth told him "Are they all right?". Amdir nodded "Elwen has some scratches on her legs were she walked through some thorny bushes, but nothing worse". Celaireth sighed in relief, she loved the young ones as if they were her own. Amdir sat next to Lastamo. Celaireth yawned, and looked out the window. The bright gold light that came from the west had faded, replaced by light of a pale silver. Amdir yawned also, and Lastamo giggled. "Perhaps we all should go home and sleep" she said "There are two here that seem very sleepy". Amdir and Celaireth smiled. "Good night, Celaireth" Amdir said as he left. Mîrion and Lastamo followed. "Sleep well, my dearest" Aquilla said, kissing Celaireth. "I love you" Celaireth whispered. Aquilla smiled and left. Celaireth's dreams were pleasant, full of starlight and grass and sweet scents. She awoke in a good mood. Celaireth attempted to stand. Being Quendi, her wounds healed quickly, and Aquilla was a good healer. "A little sore and stiff, but not too terrible painful" Celaireth said to herself. The cut on her cheek still stung, but nothing worse. Celaireth slipped away to her favorite spot in the wood. The clearing was full of pools and streams and waterfalls that ran from the stone hills that bordered the forest. None knew of this place save her, so she could bathe without worry of some one watching. Celaireth washed happily, using the scented oils and such she had made. After drying off with a soft blanket, Celaireth put on the simple tunic worn by most of the Quendi. Mostly without sleeves, it reached to the knees and was belted at the waist with a strip of cloth. Celaireth had experimented with plants and dyes, so serveral of hers were colored. Today she put on a tunic of pale blue, tied at the waist with a cloth of a darker shade. Celaireth sat on the grass, brushing her hair with a wooden comb that Amdir had carved. His joy was in wood and stone, and Oromë had taught him how to carve things out of both. Celaireth sighed happily. Here, at her secret place, she could forget the troubles that the Quendi were facing.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2004 04:23
After leaving Celaireth's home that evening, Lastamo wandered over to her house, with the company of Mîrion. She felt much safer, having someone else out in the darkness with her. "Thank-you for walking with me," she said gratefully to Mîrion before she went inside. "Are you nervous at all about this whole attack thingy?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email