Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
Post RE: Before the Moon lit up the Sky (See OOC)
on: October 25, 2004 12:39
((OOC: Thingy? Heh what a great word. Thinger is even better. Lol.))

Mîrion walked with Lastamo to her home. There was little verbal communication between the two but Mîrion sensed that Lastamo didn't really want to talk.

"Thank-you for walking with me," she said gratefully to Mîrion before she went inside. "Are you nervous at all about this whole attack thingy?"

"Not particularly," he replied softly. "Oromë said he would drive back the creatures to allow the Quendi to live in safety until his return and I trust that he will do so."

"You have great faith in the Valar and their promises," Lastamo noted.

"Aye," Mîrion replied. "I do. I can't say why exactly, but it's a feeling I get in my heart. I am inclined to trust them - I know what some of their promises can make us skeptical, especially for us with the dangers that surround us. But I do truly trust them." He paused, took a short breath and continued, "It is growing late Lastamo. Good night and sleep well."

After Lastamo was safe enough within her home, Mîrion left for his own home. Which was likely growing chilly without a fire lit. He walked slowly, without any hurry towards his home. Frequently he would gaze up to look at the stars and watch the clouds leisurely pass over his head. To have the carefree ways of those clouds, he whispered quietly and almost hopelessly.

Something was troubling Mîrion, despite his wonderful dreams of Valinor, he would dream quite often of a maiden. Without a doubt she was from the Blessed Realm. With golden hair as bright as the pastures in Valinor, and emerald eyes containing a deep, and passionate understanding. Always, she would appear to be clad in a white dress. Who was she? One of the Valar? No, she couldn't possibly be. He dismissed the thoughts of the maiden from his mind; a sudden spurt of chill ran down his spine.

[Edited on 26/10/2004 by Lady~Eowyn]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2004 07:01
Aquilla was at peace with the decision that he had made regarding Valinor and the land in the dreams Mîrion described sounded wonderful. He had been through a lot this day and it left him yearning for a place where there was no threat to them what so ever. He was not ready to go home so he went to the shore of Helcar and slowly strode through the water walking and wondering. He had quite some way before he noticed that the fires of the village behind were now small and distant. He didn't feel comfortable with the idea of going further along the shoreline and that caused him to wonder if there might be such a body of water as this in Valinor, there he and Celaireth could wander for days along the shore line if they chose.

He came across a small rock out cropping that came down to the edge of the water, and out several paces into the sea there was a low mound that rose out of the water and it edges had been worn smooth by the waves. Aquilla rolled up his tunic and waded out into the water until it was just over waist deep and managed to find the footing to get up onto his little island. The lake was nearly calm and the flames of the fires seemed to jump up from the water and dance about. He looked as far as his eye could see and still there was water. He lay back and listens to the songs as they came over the water to him from the village and closed his eyes and doses off.

The singing had stopped and the fires were low so he had been there for sometime. He removed his tunic and dove into the water swam out quite someway before returning to his island to retrieve his tunic and walk back to shore. He shook his head to remove what water he could from his hair that hung in locks rather than the straight neat hair of nearly all of the other ellon's. He slowly walked back to the village and along the way he gathered sweet smelling herbs and grasses along with some berries that only grew close to the water. He went to Celaireth's home and knocked lightly on the door and as he did it swung open a little. "Celaireth" He called softly but there was no reply. He swung the door open and peered in calling her again but still there was no reply. He went in and bundled the herbs and grasses he found into a fragrant display for her and lay the berries around it.

Outside again he looked across the still waters to the west and wondered how long it would take them to reach Valinor on foot from here, and how long it would be until they were told to ready themselves to go. The elders had not yet left with Oromë so it was anyone's guess when that would be. Though the air was calm a cold chill swept through him, he looked around but though no more of it and went home.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 04:35
Lastamo sat near her window, eating a small breakfast. She didn't know what to do, so she decided to walk around town. Maybe she'd go by the lake for a while.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 12:57
He couldn't find rest. Mîrion lay on his bed staring up at the blank roof. His blue eyes staring into nowhere. No thoughts. As much as he wanted to sleep he couldn't find a comfortable position. He wavered his gaze out the window. There didn't appear to be any movements, just the faint sounds of the crisp breeze weaving its way between the trees. How ironic that, on such a peaceful night that I cannot find sleep.

With an agitated sigh, Mîrion got up and walked over to the window. He removed his tunic and leaned propped his against the window. He didn't think about...anything. Just stared out at the surroundings and tried to find some sense of serenity within him. Mîrion peered hard, gazing intently at a vague figure making it's way slowly across the landscape. There was a certain familiarity to the figure. Why do I care what that figure is? He asked himself softly, but he knew the answer. There was something appealing about the maiden in his dreams and he couldn't stop thinking about her - no matter how hard he tried to push her out of his thoughts.

Mîrion decided that he needed to take a walk, or simply sit outside and clear his thoughts. After pulling on his tunic, he reached for the brass doorknob and opened the door to feel a tiny blast of cool currents. He found an insignificant, empty field and sat down, gazing up at the stars. Letting his thoughts pour freely through his mind, Mîrion closed his eyes and envisioned Valinor.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 07:39
Aquilla was restless and found himself thinking of those things he learnt of the arts of healing. He finally rose and dressed lightly then going into to a room where he had placed the many herbs he found and dried into vessels of clay fired in the furnaces of the potters. He thought back to Celaireth and the wounds she had received and wondered if there was more that he could have done. He went through many of the writings he had taken while Oromë told them of the many herbs that healed most all wounds one would expect to see. Celaireth's wound was different and he had never seen anything the like in all the days he helped those who came to him. He looked and read much during the time everyone slept until he was satisfied that what he had done for Celaireth was all that could be done. Though there was one thing he did that troubled him and that was leaving her to speak with the leadership, he should have stayed and made sure all was well with her.

He dressed properly and went outside to sit and watch as the stars moved through the heavens on this cloudless night and daydreamed of the journey to come and what they might see. He heard a far off peculiar sound and put it down to one of the animals that wandered in the wood. Again a chill went through him as before and without thinking he sat up and looked around though not quite sure what he was looking for. There seemed to be nothing and no strange sounds so he put it down to his imagination because of what had happened several hours earlier. Aquilla put it out of his mind and lay back looking up at the stars once again but again a cold chill passed through him and as it did something went over head and blotted out the stars for an instant.

He was on his feet in a instantly combing the sky around all around looking for what it might be. He saw it block the stars again and ran to an open meadow where it seemed to fly over and then turn. He ran on and watched the sky as he did and had Mîrion not shouted out he would have ran right over him. "Hey watch where your going" Mîrion said sounding annoyed. Aquilla jumped back being startled by Mîrion. "Mîrion!, Mîrion look up there is something there that flies above us and is big enough to hide the stars! See there it is!" The creature swooped low over them causing both ellon to lay flat on the ground. "What is it" Mîrion gasps. "I don't know but I felt a cold chill as it passed over me. I felt that chill three times today and a fourth time just as it flew over now, it's not of the Valar that much I know." Aquilla says. "I had the same chill come over me just before I went in. So we have a new beast that prays on us, one that Oromë cannot so easily chase away." Mîrion remarks.

[Edited on 29/10/2004 by Barahir1]
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 01:41
Mîrion gazed up to following Aquilla’s directing gaze to focus his eyes upon the creature flying over them. Indeed, it was vast in size and terror. He felt a terrifying aura being radiated from the creature so unknown. Mîrion felt a sudden, stabbing chill run down his back and he winced slightly and gritted his teeth quietly. His blue eyes scanned the starlit sky, but the creature was gone. He had been quite miffed at the time when Aquilla nearly ran him over but his annoyance had disappeared and was replaced by a sense of wonder and small fraction of worry.

“What creature could possibly be enormous enough to devour the stars?” Mîrion asked. The question itself was directed more to himself than Aquilla, but he had said it loud it enough for him to hear. Aquilla didn’t respond and Mîrion had not expected him to. “Should we tell the others about this creature?”

“I am sure the others will spot it sooner or later. Who wouldn’t notice something as significant and vast as the covering of the stars for a brief period of time?” Aquilla responded and ran a hand through his golden hair. There was something Mîrion noted in his hazel eyes - some thought he wished to keep to himself. Or at least think about before he would speak about it.

“You are right,” Mîrion sighed quietly, “but I cannot help but ponder. Who would send such a creature? One that exhibits such a feel of bitterness...” Mîrion and Aquilla were left alone with silence, once again, and their thoughts.

[Edited on 29/10/2004 by Lady~Eowyn]
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 09:18
Oron ran out of bed. He had felt a chill. He looked up at the sky. He was a strong believer that if the stars went out, something terrible happened. To uttermost fear, the stars were out. His mind froze. He knew only one thing. Melkor! Orome had told him of him of his evilness, but had only thought it of a myth. He ran to find the others....
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 11:57
Lastamo wandered over the lake, where she sat on the bank, staring into the clear water. Suddenly, she felt a chill run through her. She looked around her, searching for something that would explain her sudden feeling, but could find nothing. Then, she realized that her trepidition came not from any physical force, but mentally. She got up and hurried back towards the villiage, her haven of safety.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 07:02
As he stood and watched the sky looking for stars that would vanish as the creature flew by Aquilla suddenly thought of Celaireth for he had no idea where she was. "Mîrion, Celaireth, I don't know where she is, she wasn't home when I went there earlier. She has a place she goes to but I have never asked her where it is, it is her place of solace. I need to see her, I need to know she is alright. Aquilla and Mîrion return to the village and head straight to Celaireth's home.

Aquilla opens the door and calls her. "Celaireth, Celaireth are you here?" He calls but there is no answer and the bouquet and fruit he left for had not been moved nor had anything since he had been there last. He shakes his head as he comes out. "Nothing has been touched or moved" He tells Mîrion. I don't even know where to start looking for her, she could be anywhere." In spite of his concern Aquilla feels a strong sensation that she is fine and very content wherever she is. "She is fine, I don't know how but I have a peace with it and I know she will be back, I can feel it within me."

I'VE LEFT AND IDEA IN THE OOC PLEASE CHECK IT OUT. THX

[Edited on 4/11/2004 by Barahir1]
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 10:41
"You do? That is a relief. I wouldn't anything unfortunate to happen to Calaireth." Mîrion said. "I suppose she needs some solitude and time to think to herself."

"Neither would I." Aquilla responded.

Mîrion ran a troubled hand through his hair with frustration and nodded. He shot a quick glance across the sky. He could see the stars faintly begin to glitter against the bleakness of the now tainted sky. The flying creature appeared to be gone for now, but who was to guess how soon it would come back again? Clearly, Mîrion was still a bit shaken by the whole ordeal and needed to be by himself for a period of time.

"I'm going to take off Aquilla. I, I need some time to think to myself and clear my head. It's been a long and trying day."
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 10:48
As Celaireth was walking back to the villiage, a creature of great size hid the light of the stars. A second followed, but, unlike the first, which sent fear through her being, gave off reausuurance and calm. The second creature followed the first, and Celaireth guessed that the peaceful on was pursuing the dark one to attack it. "We have no names for these winged things" Celaireth said aloud to herself. The word 'eagle', though unkown and never used, rolloed off Celaireth's toungue. It seemed a fine description of the peaceful creature. The second she could think of nothing. "What ever it is, it is fell". Celaireth shuddered and continued on, pushing the chill away.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 09:14
Aquilla wakled along the shore looking at the distant shoreline, he then sat on log that had been washed ashore and then paced the shoreline again wondering where she was. Even though he knows within himself that she was fine he couldn't wait for her to return. Time passed slowly and he had no idea from which direction she would return so he remained for sometime at the shoreline by their village. As he waited he thought of the shock he first felt when he saw the object hide the stars behind its mass and then the concern and fear for her which was greater than he had ever felt it before. What could it all mean he asked himself.

It was as he waited and pondered things that he first saw her in the distance walking along the shoreline. He stood and began to walk towards her his pace ever going faster until he was finally in a dead run. He ran up to her and grabbed her around the waist swinging her around. "Oh Celaireth I'm so gad to see you, I feared at first but somehow I knew you were fine." He holds her close. "I love you Celaireth." He says as he looks into her eyes. Before he can say anymore she tells him of the creature that she saw and how it drove off the fell beast.

"I shall call it an Eagle" she said triumphantly as they walked hand in hand. "I have not heard the word before but it just came to me."

"Then since it has not been seen or named before the name eagle is how it shall be known, We will tell the others later on and then those who name the creatures we see. Celaireth's eagles, it sounds good to me." Aquilla tells her.

They reach Celaireth's home and Aquilla turns to her. "Celaireth I love you dearly and when I first saw the foul beast in the air I could think of nothing else but you. You have become a part of my life, woven into it fibre by fibre one thread at a time. Celaireth, I love you and I ask if you would become my wife when we reach Valinor?" He puts his finger to her lips so that she says nothing yet. "I know I am not a great ellon but I do enjoy and have some skills in the healing of our people and in the days to come I feel our people will need me and others with like skills. I feel as you do and desire to leave for Valinor. I want to see the great sea's Oromë has told us of and walk with you under the light of the trees in the gardens he described and bring forth new life as we have seen here in the children of our kinsmen. You would do me no greater honour than to accept but I insist you think upon it and search your heart. If there be any doubt I would rather you say so." He opens her door for her. "Be at peace my love with what ever you decide." He gently kisses her and strokes her hair then he turns to leave her with her thoughts.

[Edited on 13/11/2004 by Barahir1]
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 08:33
Celaireth could not move. She could barely breathe. As Aquilla turned to leave she was realeased from her spell.

"Aquilla" she called with trembling lips. He stopped and turned back to face her. Celaireth searched for words in her mind that was spinning with elation.

"If I tried being poetic now, I would just sound silly and confused" she said finally "So this is all I will say: Yes, I will be honored to be your wife"
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 02:16
Aquilla was at peace when he had asked for Celaireth's hand but now he felt as though his legs might buckle. With his hands quivering he reached out and took Celaireth's hand in his and kissed it. He was at a total loss for words at that moment so he drew Celaireth close and wrapped his arms around her and held her. He closed his eyes so that what he felt at this moment would be engraved in his heart and mind forever. He rested his head on her shoulder and she did the same. "Thank you" He whispers in her ear. "I love you Celaireth, you are more dear to me than life it self."

The little girl Siriël who looked to Aquilla as though he were a big brother came around the corner of Celaireth's home and stopped right beside them.

"Hello Aquilla and Celaireth… are you two sad? She asked looking up at them in a puzzled manner. Aquilla bent down and picked her up.

"No were not sad Siriël why do you ask, did we look sad"?

"You were hugging and your eye's are red. Sometimes that means you're sad." She said in grown up way.

"I see" Aquilla comments. We are very happy Siriël and soon we'll tell you and everyone why were so happy." He tells her. She is satisfied with his answer but makes another comment in a voice that has a touch of fear in it.

"I heard Mîrion talking to ada and he spoke of a beast that was in the sky and it hid the stars as it flew by. That scared me. "She said. "Do you think it will come again?" she asked. This time Celaireth spoke to her and told her of the other flying creature that drove away the fearful one away and that she had named it eagle and that soon the others will be told of it. With that Aquilla put Siriël down but as he did a low distant rumble went through the village as it had done before. Siriël stood by Aquilla.

"I hope those things go away to, they scare me." Siriël said.

Aquilla crouches down beside her "Those rumbles bring no harm to us Siriël and come from far away just like the thunder we hear." He tries to comfort her. Her concern passes in a minute and she happily walks away to her home. Aquilla smiles as he watches her walk away. "You will become her big sister you know." He comments. "And you'll be a very good one at that."
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 11:23
As Lastamo walked past Celaireth's house, she saw Celaireth and Aquilla embracing each other. Lastamo smirked, rolling her eyes slightly. "It sure took you two long enough!" She called out in jest to the two.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 02:15
OOC - Well here is the time jump and we're close to leaving Helcar. I hope it works for everyone and I hope that we will be able to continue on and actually arrive at Valinor. Thanks for waiting and staying on board.

Several months passed by and only few of the elves had disappeared but for the most part they were found in the dark forests. In the village where Aquilla, Celaireth and the other lived there seemed to be a time of bliss and growth. The elves fashioned their first weapons out of hardwood and prepared themselves to fight if they must, but the evil creatures that hid in the woods were not seen. One day the horn of Oromë could be heard trumpeting his return and with him were Elwë, Ingwë, and Finwë.

The news they returned with was unbelievable. They spoke of things that one could not even try to envision for such things as they described had never been seen by any other. They spoke of two trees that brought forth light and other trees upon which grew a bounty of fruit and gardens in which one could loose themselves in their beauty. There were vast plains of soft green grass and waters so pure which gathered into small streams. They heard of the Valar and of the homes in which they dwelt and they were told of the Valars' joy when Oromë had returned and told them or the first born. They spoke of many more things and they spoke of the distance that the first born must march to arrive at the sea so that they may be drawn over to Valinor.

There were those who refused to believe all the stories for how could such things be true. Others said that the three eldars had been deceived and that the Valars true intentions were to make slaves of them. Some said that Eru had placed them here and they should not leave this land for fear of offending him. Divisions grew amongst them but a large part of the first born believed and said they would depart from this land and go to Valinor.

Aquilla took only a few small possessions, the club he had fashioned out of wood and stone and a staff he had made. He helped other prepare to leave but as the day approached his heart was pierced for his close friends and parents of Siriël had chosen to remain on the shores of Helcar. He had tried to convince them to leave and come to Valinor where Siriël could grow free from worry and fear, but they felt that this land had been created for them and they should stay no matter what. The day drew near and for many who were parting it became a painful time.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 06:45
Lastamo felt great sorrow at the news Orome brought, for she knew that this would cause a great division amongst many of the first born. She knew that this was not an extremely difficult decision for her, for she had no family to tie her down here, and her greatest desire was to be with Valar. But she knew that for many of the other First Born this was not the case.

As the date for departure grew nearer, Lastamo felt growing excitement. Soon, so soon, she would be able to dwell in Valinor, the place she had always longed to belong to for as long as she was able to remember.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 04:31
Celaireth was happy that thier leaders had returned, but still felt a slight desire to remain in the only home she had ever known.

"You will return" a voice chimed in her head.

"I know!" Celaireth said angrily to herself. "But it won't be the same..."

"Days of glory are ahead. Of great battles and heroic deeds. The elves will be great and mighty!" her mind-voice proclaimed.

Celaireth sighed. "And then we will be swept away like vapor in the wind, mist in the sunrise. Our days of glory are but a breath. Then we will fade, forgetfullness of our mighty days slowly falling upon the New Ones. Memories and ancient possesions will remain, nothing more. For some, not even that. Death is a portal away from sadness and pain. It is a forgetting. The New Ones will be blessed with that gift. The Small Ones also. But we, the greatest, fairest, and wisest, are cursed with forevers"

"Celaireth...?" a troubled voice called.

Celaireth looked up to see Aquilla standing nearby.

"Are you speaking to yourself?" he asked, looking worried.

"More like lamenting. Visions have come to me of the days that have not yet come. Troubling things have passed before my eyes, and I fear I will live, or stay, to see them out"

Aquilla frowned. "Are you well, Celaireth?"

Celaireth laughed. "My body yes, I fear it is not so for my mind"

Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 10:54
Mîrion waited for the return of their leaders for many seasons and he was very relieved when Oromë's horn blew across the air. He eagerly waited for the stories the Eldars had come to tell and Mîrion could help but felt some excitement and fear simultaneously.

The re-telling of Valinor seemed even more visually spectacular than the visions he had in his dreams and he could not begin to imagine the day when he would see the Blessed Realm for himself but that day would not come soon and Mîrion imagined the journey there would likely be long and arduous. Would it be worth it? Yes.

Mîrion decided to take a few things with him. His poorly fashioned sword. No, not the most skillful made of crafts but perhaps, he would improve in time. It wouldn't be easy leaving this place after the many years he'd spent here but farewell would inevitable.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 08:48
Aquilla took Celaireth in his strong arms and held her tightly. "I know not what you see in your visions Celaireth and I know not what we must endure on our journey, but this much I do know. I will be there for you and to comfort and protect you from what ever we come against. We shall see Valinor and all its wonders. We will wander it meadows and eat the fruit of its trees and see the trees of light. We shall have days of bliss, peace and joy. No more will we have to fear what the forests might hide or what creatures might hide the stars. I am ready to go and if I must battle the creatures that we know are out in the forests so be it. We have long to travel and many new things will we see. So now lets not have any more of these troubling visions. He hugs and kisses her.

When you have your things ready I will take them for you. Oh I almost forgot." Aquilla walks to the door and picks up something from outside. "I fashioned this for you." He hands her a walking stick carved from the wood of one of the many nut trees that are in the area. The staff had a spiral twist and in two places there were carved handgrips, the top of the staff had a knob fashioned with two faces, one looking forward and the other back. "It is very light but very strong. If you hold it this way you can use both ends as weapons. Let's hope you need never use it as such…." He kisses her. "Now remember I'll be carrying your things. I need to see Mîrion so I'll be back later on" Aquilla leaves Celaireth home.

Aquilla walks the roadways and sees many who prepare to go and others who make no preparations what so ever. "Aquilla" someone calls from behind. He turns and is surprised to see Diriel, mother of Siriël. "Diriel" Aquilla says surprised to see her. She hands him a large pouch made of animal hide. Aquilla looks at it not quite sure what to make of and then at her. "They are herbs I gathered and dried. You will need them on your journey should someone be injured, you will have no time to gather any let alone dry them." She tries to smile but tears well up in her eyes. I will miss you Aquilla and Siriël's heart is broken, but you must do as you feel lead to." Aquilla steps up to her and hugs her. "Thank you Siriël, I will miss you all so very much. I'm sorry Diriel and I'm sorry you're not coming but I do understand. May the Ilúvatar keep you in peace and fulfill your hopes and dreams. We may meet again someday should it be fated. Good bye and thank you Diriel. Diriel turns and walks away quickly weeping.

Aquilla watches her leave and has a heavy heart. "Aquilla." Aquilla turns and sees Mîrion. "Mîrion I have been looking for you. I'm wondering if you could help me fashion a blade such as yours?" he asks his friend." "What's this, the healer seeks a sword?" Mîrion says teasingly "The healer would be more at ease with a sword at my side my friend." Aquilla replies in the same manner. "Yes of course Aquilla, you shall have a sword, come with me." Mîrion replies. The two ellyn leave together.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 02:46
"Daughter, we are going to Valinor."
Eruanna made a feeble attempt to smile, for the sake of her father's beaming face, but it wouldn't come. She cleared her throat awkwardly. "When did you decide this?" She asked.
"Your mother and I have been thinking about it for some time, and we think it would be best to leave. Elwe has told us many wonderful tales of life there; it will be better for us. And safer! In Valinor we need fear no darkness." Her father put his arm around her mothers shoulders, and they smiled at eachother. They were all standing in the open-air room of their house; Eruanna's two little brothers sat on stools nearby, listening intently.
"Well, what do you think, Eruanna?" Her mother's happy expression clouded at Eruanna's hesitation. "I have already started packing our things..and what we will need on the road."

"I...I thought we would be staying here. I...need some time to think about it." Eruanna's sinking feeling grew worse every moment. Leave Cuivienen? Her home? The stars she loved...the lake...Eruanna wanted to rush out of the house and cry away the hurt inside, but she wouldn't. She turned slowely around and walked out of the house and into the forrest.

She knew she could never let herself be seperated from her family...but she couldn't leave, either. There really was no choice. Unconciously she made her way towards the lake. Celaireth, Lastamo or Aquilla might be around...someone she could talk to. And she felt she needed to spend some time by the lake, to listen to the calming sound of the water.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 04:14
Mîrion wiped the sweat from his brow and grinned at Aquilla who was holding his new sword. Mîrion was exhausted from the labour he'd experienced this day.

"Well, what do you think? Will it serve a healer well in hard times?" He asked Aquilla. Mîrion, did not express his concern for Aquilla's safety if, or when he encountered one of Morgoth's foul mockeries. Not that he doubted Aquilla's courage or heart, but orcs were stronger than one might guess.

Mîrion had ventured out of the village on several occasion and at the time couldn't remember why he'd done it but he would remember later that he was pursuing someone. Who? He wasn't sure. But he had encountered a fair number of orcs and escaped unscathed; it was not an easy task, especially since he had very little experience handling a sword, but it had been done. Since then he practiced his swordsmanship everyday for at least an hour.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 09:08
"Oh yes Mîrion, it will serve this healer well and not only in bad times. I can't thank you enough for helping me with this my friend." Aquilla swings the sword in the air and very nearly drops it. "It's not quite as easy as you make it look Mîrion. I'll need to do some work with it to strengthen my arm and grip but there is little time before we leave." Aquilla looks at Mîrion and his dark soot covered clothing face and hands and then at himself. "Aren't we a site to behold, we look more like two of the orcs than kinsman." The term "orc" was a new one in the village. The three Elders that had returned from Valinor and had used the word when speaking of the creatures. "The orcs are full of malice and hatred and seek to kill you or enslave you. You can never trust an orc no matter what they say. Their fëa is dark and corrupt and no truth can come from them, only torment or death do they bring. Oromë will protect us fore they fear him and his might, many have fallen under his sword." These were the words of Elwë as closely as Aquilla could recall. Those words brought back painful memories and it was then that Aquilla considered for the first time to carry a weapon made in the fashion of Oromë's.

The two elleth bathed in the lake's cool waters and soon they were clean but their clothing was soaked. Aquilla thanked his friend again and returned to his home. He changed and sat down in his chair along side the table. He picked up the sword from the table and held tightly the leather bound hilt. The blade was sharp and polished and the thought of driving it into a living flesh caused a shiver to go through him. What a gruesome painful death it would inflict but it was the only weapon of choice if it came to close combat. Using the bow was easier because you would not hear the sounds or stare in the face of death as your foe fell to the ground. He shook himself and pushed the thoughts away knowing all to well if it came to it he would have no choice, and there was Celaireth to think of too. He wrapped the blade in a cloth so he didn't cut himself and began to work the mussels in his arm and wrist holding the blade for the weight. In the days to come and while they traveled he vowed to himself that he would be fit and have the skill needed to protect his people. He would use what ever was at hand be it wood, rock or baggage to strengthen his arms and chest that his swing might be strong and swift.

Aquilla's belongings were packed and on the table he had his bow and arrows enough to fill two quivers and his dagger. Strange things for a healer to bear he thought, though the best way to make sure his healing skills were used to treat his peoples minor cuts and scraps was to prevent harm from coming to them. He was ready to go but he knew it would still be few days before they left, still enough time to be with those who had chosen to stay.
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 10:23
With hands that shook, Celaireth packed her belongings. The shining sword in its jeweled sheath felt heavy at her waist.

"Should I tell Aquilla?" Celaireth debated with herself, "It was my vision, meant for me alone, but there should be absolute trust between us... And how do I explain the sword? But the message was for my ears alone... What shall I do? I know, if he asks about the sword, I tell were it came from, but the message I'll keep to myself. But what if he can explain it? Oh, well, I'll just wait to have it deciphered. She will tell me when I get to Valinor."

Celaireth grabbed her few bags and hurried outside. "I know I should feel sad, but I don't" she thought, "Perhaps my mind has formed me a new idea of 'home'"

Celaireth closed her eyes, trying to picture "home". What she saw was Aquilla. Celaireth smiled. Wherever there was love, that would be home.

Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 04:58
Mîrion looked at his home...well, barely. Although the house had its plainness and rather bland look it still was his home. His prized possession and beloved belongings (which were not many) were already packed. It had been a tiresome day and Mîrion's muscles were beginning to ache from helping Aquilla to forge a sword, but he paid no heed to aches in shoulders.

Mîrion walked over to the window and pressed his forehead lightly against the cold, clear glass. His fingers trailed up and down its smoothness in a sense of longing. Would he ever lay eyes upon this sight again? Would he ever feel the serenity of Cuivienen again? Now that the time to depart drew closer it was difficult to let go of the birthplace of his kin. But thinking about Valinor and all its wonders brought a smile to his face. Could it truly be that wonderful? Mîrion was content to wait; he would know soon enough.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 02:34
OOC Sorry I should have posted sooner but I got side track for several days.

Aquilla had spent a wonderful afternoon with Celaireth. They had walked together along the shoreline hand in hand and sat together on a small spit of land that reached out into Helcar giving them the sensation of sitting on an island all alone. They were not hurried but rather carefree thinking of nothing but the moment. They slowly made their way home and rested by the falls they both loved so much. There for a while Celaireth slept resting her head on Aquilla's chest. While Celaireth slept he gently fingering her hair and thinking of the days to come.

"What are you thinking of Aquilla" She whispered softly then kissing him on the cheek.

"Our future together." Aquilla replied after kissing her. "I look forward to the day we are wed, and I pray that that day will come soon." It was time to go but they both found it hard to leave the falls for each time they did it may be their last. Slowly the sounds of the falls faded behind them as they returned to the village. They each took leave of each other and returned to their own homes. Aquilla returned to his home and realised for the first time that it would soon sit empty, barren. He thought of it but wasn't really troubled by the thought and hoped a family that was to remain would make use it. Aquilla lay across his bed and stretched out and yawned, it had been a good day, he closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

The sound of a horn startled Aquilla. He sat up not sure of what he had heard until the second blast of the horn. Oromë had returned and the second blast of the horn confirmed it. Aquilla ran out of the house and straight to Celaireth's home finding her waiting for him. He grabbed her by the hand and both ran to area where they always met Oromë. There was a third blast of Oromë's horn and then they waited as everyone gathered. The four elders joined Oromë and it now seemed certain that the time had finally come.

Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 08:46
Celaireth felt tears sting her cheeks as she and Aquilla hurried to where everyone gathered.

"It is finally time" she whispered sadly.

Aquilla hugged her tightly.

"But" Celaireth smiled "Many things that are good are to come. We shall soon wed, and happiness eternal shall follow"

A shadow passed over Aquilla's face as he thought of the dangers of the journey. There was a chance that one of them might not survive.

"Do not think on such dark things" Celaireth said to him.

"It is hard not to. Darkness has encroached upon our minds ever since the coming of Morgoth"

Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 10:48
(Sorry ya'll--the last several weeks have been really busy--would have posted sooner, but...you know. life.:cry: lol)

Lastamo looked up from the table where she had been stitching her traveling dress. What had she heard? she listened intently, but heard nothing. Reluctantly she returned to her work, but then she heard it again. It was a trumpet--the horn of Oromë! He had returned! Her heart in her throat, she jumped up from her seat and ran to the door, then dashed back and blew out the lantern. A fire would do her no good.

She ran back to the door and hurried towards the meeting spot, a third blast aiding her adrenaline rush. Shortly she arrived with everybody else. Eager looks graced the faces of many gathered there, yet there were also many anxious looks, and not a few disgruntled ones as well.

Lastamo looked around, hoping to see some of her companions. She saw Celaireth and Aquilla standing near the front of the crowd and she elbowed her way over to them. "Is it time?" she asked softly when she reached them.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 02:38
Mîrion was sitting like a lump of coal when he heard the horn of Oromë travel through the air. It was the day they had all watied for, anticipated greatly. But he was in no hurry; he disliked large crowds. Mîrion saw, as he suspected, many of his kin already gathering in a dense circle, awaiting the words of Oromë.

Because of his height, it was not difficult for Mîrion to see through the crowd and spot his fellow friends. Aquilla and Calaireth were near the front. He tried to make his way through the growing throng of people, but to no avail. Mîrion sighed and decided to listen intently for Oromë and the elders were about to speak.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 08:52
The anticipation of the crowd could almost be felt in the air as they waited for the first words. Aquilla was as anxious as everyone else as looked around for Mîrion and others but the crowd had become such a crush that to get through them would have been impossible. He held Celaireth close as they waited but the wait wasn't long. The murmur in the crowd hushed as Olwë stood, taller than any had seen before. Olwë smiled broadly as he looked down on the crowd passing his eyes over those assembled.

"I bring you all greetings from Manwë and the Valar who all have eagerly awaited this day." Olwë's voice boomed out across village and to the hills beyond. "The First Born of Eru now begin a journey that will take them through distant lands and the mountains beyond them. We shall cross great rivers and vast plains covered in a sea of grass and then we will arrive at the shores of Great Sea. From there I will draw you across the sea to the land of Aman and it's white shores and the green hills of Valinor. The journey will be a long and at times a difficult one but none of those who have chosen to take this journey to Valinor shall regret their choice. We travel to a land of bliss where you shall live by the light of Laurelin and Telperion. You shall walk upon soft grasses in the vast meadows, and eat of the fruit of the trees and drink their nectar. No longer will you need toil or live in fear of anything, for no dark thing dwells in Valinor. The tales of Valinor you have heard from Elwë, Inwe, and Finwë; are truthful and not exaggerated in any way. Great will the reward be for those who this day take up their mantle and journey with us. I would again urge those of you who have chosen not to journey with us to place your trust in me and the Valar and journey with us, that none may be asunder from their kinsmen. It is the desire of the Valar for you all to join with us but we shall not demand it of you, the choice is yours to freely make."

Elwë who stood beside Olwë now addresses the crowd. "Kinsmen I ask you now to take what possessions you have chosen to bear with you and break into the four columns we have set. We shall depart at the sound of Olwë's horn. May Eru and the Valar watch over us and bless our journey "

Aquilla turns to face Celaireth. "Well the time has finally come my love." He says as he hugs her. "I have peace with my choice and you beside me, what more could I possibly want." They stay together until the crowd thinned and then they go to gather their belongings. Aquilla's home was closest so they first stopped there. "I shall miss this place." He says looking at his home. "Altarin his wife and Siriël will live here now being larger and closer to the lake. The other home will be used for winter stores. I'm glad they are using it,.. it makes it easier to go. Come, let's get your bag and join the others." Aquilla takes one last look at his home then walks away without looking back.

They arrive a minute or two later outside of Celaireth's home. Her bag is packed and Aquilla takes it from just inside the door and waits for her outside. "Hey Aquilla." The familiar voice of Mîrion calls. "I looked for you in the crowd." Aquilla says.

"I couldn't get through the crowd from the back." Mîrion comments. Are you all set?

"Yes we're all set. Celaireth's inside, it can be to easy for her, or any of us I imagine." Aquilla replies. The two ellyn wait outside for Celaireth and quietly discussing the journey.

[Edited on 26/1/2005 by Barahir1]
nelenata
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 08:42
((Hello all. Thanks for the invite, Barahir1! Hope this is OK. Calassë is in the database.))

Calassë stood in her one-time home, glancing around thoughtfully. Her bag was packed. It had been for a while now. There was nothing she could think of that she had forgotten, or at least cared overly about. Much that Calassë cared for resided in her own head, and was thus not easily taken from her.

The elf picked up her bag and slipped outside, gazing out over the lake, bright points of silver light shimmering in the dark water reflected from the sky above. A slight breeze ruffled the water, touching Calassë's face with cool fingers and tugging gently at her dark hair. She inhaled the clean, pure air deeply before turning away to join the rest of the departing Quendi. Calassë would remember this place, always. Though it might change, she knew that her memories would remain unstained, fresh and unsullied as if of yesterday. Such was the way of her thoughts and imaginings.

Calassë slung her bag over her shoulder without difficulty; she had decided to travel light rather than burden herself unnecessarily. She glanced upwards at the dark, starry sky, the clear light glittering in her bright grey eyes, and an unconscious smile tugged at her lips. She was ready.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 11:45
Lastamo hurried to her home, her heart pounding. She had been looking forward to this day for so long, but now that it had come, she wasn't sure that she wanted to leave. Everything she knew was here! She had been born here, and grown up here, had laughed, had cried, had slept, had eaten, had partied...everything she'd ever done had been done here. How could she just say goodbye to something like that?

She sank down on the chair at her table and buried her head in her hands. How was it that this was the most difficult decision she'd ever had to make? She'd be going to Valinor. She'd always wanted to be there, to see rhe place that every heart longs for, whether or not they acknowledge the longing.

Heaving a deep, yet shaky sigh, she stood up and grabbed the bag she'd packed earlier in the week, in preperation for this day. She grabbed the bread that she had just baked this morning and stuffed it into her pack as well. Grabbing her cloak from the hook, she opened the door and steped across the threshold. She turned as she shut the door, straining her eyes for one last glimpse of her home, and then turned to go meet everyone else.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 02:29
Mîrion looked at up at the stars. Ah, how soothing it was to see them sprinkle their calming light. Would he still be able to gaze up at the stars and find some comfort in them in Valinor? He smiled to himself and then to Aquilla; he could wait to find out the answer.

"Yes we're all set. Celaireth's inside, it can be to easy for her, or any of us I imagine."

"No. I can't imagine how it would be." Mîrion replied softly. He looked at his feet for a moment and then led his eyes back to his belongings a few feet away from him. He hadn't packed many possessions, just his sword, garments, a healthy food supply, jewels he'd crafted and some other items he couldn't account for at the moment. The journey would be long and he didn't want to burden himself with any inessential items, especially since there was a threat to his, and his friend's safety.

"Calaireth is certainly taking quite a bit of time," Mîrion noted. "Is she alright? If you feel like you need to check on her... I would have no problem with that."
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 08:26
"Celaireth is certainly taking quite a bit of time," Mîrion noted. "Is she alright? If you feel like you need to check on her... I would have no problem with that."

Aquilla looked in the front door but Celaireth was no where to be seen. "I thought she might like this time to herself, this has been home for some time." Aquilla walks onto the step and looks in but can't see her. He looks at Mîrion and shrugs.

"Go on in she might need you right now" Mîrion whispers loudly. Aquilla looks at him not sure what to do. "Go on" Mîrion says more loudly.

"All right I'll go." Aquilla replies. Slowly he makes his way into the home and checks the few rooms there are. "Celaireth." Aquilla says as he finds her in the bedroom. He goes to her and puts his arms around her. "My love are you alright?" She turns and cries on his shoulder for a few minutes.

"It's hard to leave. I want to go, I've dreamt of going and so looked forward to it and now it's so hard Aquilla."

Aquilla holds her close. "I know it hard, this is all we have ever known. We have never left these shores or explored the lands beyond our village and meadow. Just think of what we will see, and then even more and after we have been amazed by all we've seen Valinor will still be before us. Then together will sail over the great sea and then we will see the light that shines forth from the two trees. Then by the light of Laurelin and Telperion we shall marry and live our lives together in bliss, and for that alone I would walk to Valinor." They spend a few minutes more in the house and then slowly Aquilla and Celaireth walk out of the house and join Mîrion.

The horn of Olwë sounds signalling the time to depart has come. Aquilla picks up his pack and that of Celaireth. They fall into the group lead by Finwë and join the mass of people that move west. Many of those who have chosen to forsake the journey have come to watch. Some wish their friends well while others say little and turn away.

The first days travel hugs the shoreline of Helcar and is an easy day without any incidents. There were some who at the end of the first days journey who could go no further. They could not find peace within themselves and chose to return to Cuivénen.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 09:27
The first few days went smoothly.

"This is almost too easy" thought Celaireth.

Then something caught her eye.

"Orcs!" she screamed as the horrid creatures emerged from the shadows.

Those who had weapons scrambled for them, while those that did not ran to hide behind those that did.

Celaireth drew the shining sword that the Lady of the West had given to her.

It felt so right in her hand. The blade shone as Celaireth cut down as many orcs as she could. Every movement was perfect, as if someone else carried the sword and controlled what she did.

Once they were all dead, Celaireth realized what she had done.

The sword fell from her hand as she turned dead white.

"How?" she whispered "I couldn't... it was heavy before. I never learned... how did I do it?"

Celaireth swayed and fell, barely missing hitting the ground as Aquilla gently caught her.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email