Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Lefaye
Council Member
Send Message
Post What is your religion?
on: December 31, 2004 01:20
I know this topic has probably been posted a lot, but i just wanted to get a general idea of what my fellow tolkein-geeks believe.

thanks!

-rodwen lefaye
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What is your religion?
on: December 31, 2004 07:49
Well... I wouldn't mind being a Jedi.

[Edited on 1/1/2005 by luthienkenobi]

[Edited on 2/1/2005 by luthienkenobi]
Lefaye
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 08:19
ahhaha. seriously.
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 05:05
I think Luthienkenobi was serious.

However, there's already a thread in Facts about us: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=13459
Precious!
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 10:53
No no...I was just kidding. Did you really think I was serious?
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 11:17
I did. Some people put Jedi on the census form when they ask about religion.
Precious!
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 09:03
I heard about that in Australia so many people put Jedi on their census...the government had to list that as a real religion.
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 04:23
I heard about that in Australia so many people put Jedi on their census...the government had to list that as a real religion.

There was an article in the paper that there was a group ini Austrialia that actually believed in the Force.

I'm a Catholic
Zumao
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 10:14
thats cool a jedi religion.

I am Pagan.
Feanorblingblingissues
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 08:41

Truely disturbing... I'm a christain.
Cailyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 08:45
I'm Wiccan.

I read somewhere that putting Jedi on a census will get you fined and the census would be discarded. I think it was on a site about urban legends.
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 01:10
I read somewhere that putting Jedi on a census will get you fined and the census would be discarded. I think it was on a site about urban legends.

That is also interesting .

I'm a Christian :love:

Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 05:06
I know a few people who put Jedi as there Religion on there census forms, as word has gotten out that there were threats of fines. But no-one I knew did.

My faith is Asatru Heathenism

[Edited on 5/1/2005 by Lillith_Phoenix]
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 05:17
I am a Unitarian Universalist. We believe that there is not a single correct path to the Divine. Instead, we honour the freedom of each individual to seek truth in his/her own way. We honour the interdependant web of existence and the sacredness of life, while working to bring about social justice.

Within that framework I am a neo-Pagan (Slavic, North American Native and Wiccan influences), who also practices some aspects of Buddhism and Taosim, along with some remnants of my former Christian life.
You could say I am a work in progress.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Legolasofmirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 06:05
I am a Reform Jew! This means i can (as a female) do everthing that a male can! Whereas in orthodox synagogue i would not be able to,i love my religion and i teach the kids at our synagogue on a sunday.
Neenime, your religion sounds amazing. Very acepting, i think in the end every religion, no matter what they belive should be about love and aceptance.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 10:55
Legolasofmirkwood I was so glad to find the UU's. I couldn't believe that a religion like this could exist. I thought I would have to try and decide which one I would follow as an alternative to Chrisitanity, and yet I didn't think that any one would be best.

In case anyone is curious, there is an American web site at www.uua.org and a Canadian one at- www.cuc.ca

I am happy for you that you have found a place within your cultural and ethnic group. Roots are so important. And change from within, though slow and frustrating at times, is often more effective than "storming the Bastille".

Mazeltov! (or something like that)
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 01:58
hah-hah-hah. That's funny about the whole Jedi thing. Sad, but funny.

I'm a Christian. Bible believing--only way to heaven is accepting Jesus as Savior and believing in Him. (Not trying to offend anyone here--kay?)

T2UL!
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 08:47
I am a Christian. Nothing specific, just a Christian.
Miriel81589
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 12:46
This is a cool topic! GO STAR WARS FANS WOO!!

Ahem.

I am Greek Orthodox Christian (the oldest sect of Christianity).
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 01:45

No, the ABS (Australian Bureau of Statistics) wouldn't list Jedi as a religion just because lots of people put it down. In my understanding, many people put it down jokingly (apologies to those who really are Jedi ), though it's a rather expensive joke -- I'm not sure if the ABS fined anybody, but putting down misleading info usually means a $1 000 fine.

Anyway, not to go off-topic... I'm nominally Buddhist, in reality deist or agnostic.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 05:23
Miriel81589 - cool. My background is Greek Catholic also known as Byzantine Catholic, although the language spoken was one of the Slavic group. I love the eastern customs and the meldies. The church I grew up in still uses some Greek words in the Easter and Christmas liturgies. Awesome melodies.
IloveEowyn1
Realm Leader of Nessa
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 08:41
That's awesome Neenime! I'm a Roman Catholic, and although I've never been to an Orthodox or Greek Catholic Mass before, I think that would be cool!
I love being a Catholic!
:love::love::love:
Lorely
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 06:35
I'm Russian Orthodox Christian
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 09:23
I am a Christian
QueenOfTheDead
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 06:18
I'm a Pentecostal Christian! And very Happy!
Ortherion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 11:40
Hi,I'm a Muslim and opened a topic about the truthful side of Islam in prancing pony
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 09:05
Lorely what does Gizn' prekrasna,ved' pravda. mean? I think I recognize words for beauty, seeing or vision and truth, but I don't get the gist of it.
Ninjoo
Craziness' Spiritual Caretaker
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 12:27
Well, let's see...

I was raised a Christian, but i've never enjoyed going to church. Since i was about 16 i started reading more and more about other religions and i discovered other views and started realising that the Christian church isn't all that perfect. (Have you read 'The Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown? Then you'll know)

Nowadays i don't go to church anymore, i only go around Christmas (because the church has got a huge tree :love: ). Come to think about it, i'm still listed at the church... hmmm.
I do believe there is someone watching over us, but i don't care if you call it God, Allah, Jahwe or Shiva for that matter. It's all the same, anyway.
Lorely
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 07:52
Neenime,it's mean: life is beautiful,isn't it? or life is beautiful,is it true? (first version have the same meaning as second,I think)
I surprised,that you recognized words
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 08:06
Christian here ^_^ hardcore believer in God and His power.
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 09:30
I have no religion but I'm not an ateist, I think of myself to be an agnost. I think I believe that there is something out there, but not in the form of a god, more in some kind of force. I have seen so much pain and sadness that I cannot believe that there's a god who allows that.
I do not know what I do believe, I just know I don't believe in an almighty god
Batânraktûk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 10:44
I'm an agnostic..... guess we'll see when the final hour is up
Errhos
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 06:17
I am A Christian and vary happy.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 03:52
Christian, and wouldn't change it for anything
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 06:08
I'm an agnostic. It's a long, long story.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email