Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, thats what I thought it was called! I will have to go dig it out, though.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I have decided (even though I am Christian), it doesn't matter so much whether or not God exists. Apart from life after death and all that. 'Miracles' such as people coming back from being almost dead, could just be balance. Someone dies and someone does not. Someone has a really bad day and someone else has the best day of their life.
I think what matters is that we believe God exists, and we should try to please God. Because people who want to reach a Heaven and obey commandments tend to be better people, apart from some people who use religion as an excuse, and inter-religious wars and stuff like that.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
That's a really interesting perspective, Wolfie! There are definitely some people who use their religion as an excuse and a point of contention when they actually aren't adhering to their religion's beliefs and/or don't really care to. It's too bad. So many people have labeled Muslims and their religion (as an obvious example) as bad, period, just because there are extremists who use their religion as an excuse for terrorism. Mum said that she knew a sweet girl who had been Muslim, and the girl told her that terrorists are actually going against their religious beliefs. (Which makes total sense!)

Anyways, I'm a Latter-day Saint (Mormon). (I'm glad I'm not the only one, too, Katetari!) So if I start talking about seminary, and missions, and youth conference, and BYU; just know that I forget myself and am using Mormon lingo. You can smack me (virtually!); I'll translate it for you and try not to use unknown terms again! (Like "jello salad". What IS this?!)

[Edited on 03/17/2014 by Lady Miriel Gelliam]
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
^^ lol Lady Miriel!

I agree with a lot of your viewpoints! There is a girl in my class in college who is Muslim, and she is so nice! She knows I am a Christian, and she is such a positive example of how to be an achiever and how to be respectful. I think Muslims must hate how the extremists are making their religion so distasteful to those who are looking at it from outside their culture. I would feel the same way.

As for me, I am a non-denominational Christian. Which is a fancy way of saying that we don't identify with any one denomination. As a church, we feel that there are too many denominations that are so concerned with the labels that they forget that we are on one mission to spread the Gospel so that every man, woman, and child has the chance to hear about God. "Well, you're not Baptist, or Episcopal, so we can't partner with you," that sort of rubbish. They are too busy bickering over doctrinal issues, so they are distracted from our goal. By establishing that we do not identify with one label or another, it removes that distraction so we can concentrate on the more important things. I hope that makes sense
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My parents define themselves as Wesleyan, but that doesn't seem right to me. If God wantd denominations, he would have said it. There are enough divisions in this world, and religion shouldn;t be split denomination within denomination, in my opinion. Otherwise, I am with Ele.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
It does make sense, lotrelessar! (Wait, what am I supposed to call you again? ) It makes me sad, too, when people who say they are Christians don't act like it. I don't think they understand that true Christianity means following and trying to emulate our Savior; a huge part of that is being loving. What you said totally made me think of this talk: https://www.lds.org/ensign/1987/01/love-thy-neighbor?lang=eng

Maxie, I've never heard of Wesleyanism. What is that? I hope you don't mind me asking, I just love learning new things!
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
(Ele)

To be honest, I can't even define it for you. It's mostly formed around the Great Commission.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I don't have a religion. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
Ele...Ele...I like that, Maxie! Btw, I looked Wesleyanism up and it was pretty interesting. I just love learning, I'm weird that way.

[Edited on 03/20/2014 by Lady Miriel Gelliam]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Loving to learn is nice! It's hard for me to define it because Im getting mixed messeges about it, but I am glad Google could tell you for me!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
I'm Roman Catholic.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm Christian. Oh I like your quote gotprecious lol.

[Edited on 06/02/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Durin-The-Deathless
Council Member
Send Message
agnostic. i think the truth is out there and i have to find it
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email