Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
Post RE: What is your religion?
on: November 28, 2007 02:27
wow those are great sites!!!! thank you so much!!!!!
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 10:26
ok i dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but i need help on choosing a religion!!!!!!! theres so many choices!!!!! i know i probobly shouldnt make a life changing decision from what people on the internet say but all my friends hate thier relgion so i dont know who else to ask! i know most of you will say that your own religion is the best so can you tell me what your religion belives in? (you can copy/paste this to your resonse

Religion:
A form of:
What the religion is based upon (God, Jesus, Nature, etc.):
What we belive about different races other than ours:
What we think about gays and lesbians:
Where we worship:
What/Who we worship:
Anything else important to the religion:

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!
Huorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2007 06:54
I am what is called Messianic, though I attend a Baptist church because there is no synagogue in my area.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 18, 2007 05:00
ok i dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but i need help on choosing a religion!!!!!!!

I think that when you find something that rings true for you, then you've found your religion. No one should pick for you. It's not like going out and picking a pair of new shoes. You sound like you have a time limit. Just trust your instincts.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2007 05:06
:wave: I say this in all respect and love, but I must speak the truth in love. Aowyn, she does have a time limit, and truth is not based on the individual (I.E. - Gravity. You step off something you're gonna fall, no matter how much you believe there is no such thing as gravity). Not to offend anyone, but you only get one life. Also, Neenime, the Bible has been proven 100% historically accurate and 100% scientifically accurate (please tell me one time it's been 'proven' untrue). We can talk more over PM if anyone wants to.
I don't want to upset anyone, but I feel I have to say this. Mods, if you delete this it's fine with me. (That's what you are here for, to make sure I don't make anyone angry! :hug I respect you all but there is only so much I can tolerate. I don't mean to be offensive, but again, I feel I have to say this. Your friend,
Eyowen

[Edited on 20/12/2007 by eyowen_the_queen]
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: December 20, 2007 04:17
I won't delete your post and you are welcome to your opinion, but that is what faith is about. Believing in your path. However, that said, your path is not for everyone. Please do not let this thread degenerate into "Mine is better than yours." Thank you.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2007 09:34
I promise I won't let it happen, and I am not better than any one. (In fact there are much smarted and stronger and 'better' people here than me - meaning the mods among others.) Thank you for understanding. God bless!
Eyowen
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2007 02:09
I am messianic, the kind that doesn't mix rabbis with priests - I don't listen to either of them - I just follow the Bible - both parts of it. More like the Karaites, but believing in Yeshua as well, actually.

BlueEyedPheonix
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 11:38
Personaly, I find truth in all religions, so realy I have loyaties to more than one. I feel that any line of faith that goes out to try and do somthing possitive the world can only be a good thing.
The main religions I follow are Hinduism, Christainity and Viking belifs. I know it seems strange, but I've found that there're more similarites than differences in all the stories and teachings.
rivendell19
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 08:51
'For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God'
Have you ever lied? Sure you have, if you say you haven't...you just lied.
Have you ever stolen. Doesn't have to be major....it's still stealing.
Have you ever looked at another person with lust? I'm sure we all have at one time, some more than others. The Bible says that if you have, it is the same as committing adultry.
You're a sinner...whether you like it or not.
However: "God so loved the world that He gave his only Son that whoever believes on Him shall have everlasting life" Jn 3:16
You can be saved by God's Grace alone....pierod.
That's what I believe....

[Edited on 2/1/2008 by rivendell19]
BlueEyedPheonix
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 04:02
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor I, nor anyone else" Sorry I can't rember the Hindu book this quote comes from.
Basicaly everyone's soul is eturnal.
"The soul can not be cut with the sword, nor burned by fire, nor dampened by water nor withered by the wind"
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 06:11
Interesting, BlueEyedPheonix. Celtic beliefs (Druidic and Wiccan) also feel that the soul is unending, born to live and learn, to age, to die, and return to Annwyn, the "primodial soup" of souls. From there, the soul can choose to return to live again or remain in that place. Seems like reincarnation beliefs are held by more than one group. (Actually, there are many paths that have this in them.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 06:55
I'm proud to be a Christian!:love:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
lanelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 01:52
Follower of Christ.
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 09:00
I was Christian but now I've opened my eyes and I'm now Jewish, not by blood, but by practice.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 07:46
I don't really have a 'religion', I have a relationship with Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 05:14
I don't really have a 'religion', I have a relationship with Jesus Christ the Son of God.

I used to have a veiw point like you did. I diecided that it wasn't a religion, it was a relationship. I figured a religion was to much of a 'works' type thing, like it's all about what we do (and I didn't like that). And I always figured that since it wasn't by works we shouldn't call it a religion. But I've opened my eyes that it IS by what we do!!! I call it a religion because that I believe that there is a way we need to act, and that is it much my works, AND I call it a relationship with a God of everything who has much power and is worthy of my praise.

I have a religious relationship.
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 08:33
'Ello. I believe that Jesus Christ in the son of God, and is the only way, the only truth, and the only life. I believe the Bible is the holy and infallible word of God. I believe that I am saved by grace, washed in the blood of the lamb.

Pardon all the religious buzz words, I'll put it in plain English: Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. I'm a little one, and to Him I belong. I am weak. He is strong. :love:

[Edited on 1/20/2008 by tookishgirl]
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 11:57
I'm curious, Davidlgs. What made you change from Christianity to Judaism? I don't want to be judgemental, but I am curious. If you don't want to share, that's all right.

He is strong. Stronger than i'll ever be.
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 09:22
I am a Catholic, though by no means does this always make sense to me. I am not ashamed of it, or of my failings in this regard, I simply wish to better understand how I came to be this way.
GothicGandalf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 09:37
I'm Wiccan.

I read somewhere that putting Jedi on a census will get you fined and the census would be discarded. I think it was on a site about urban legends.
No way!!!! I am Wiccan too!!! I am just starting out though. My Mum is going to sign me up for lessons in crystal healing!:evil:
FollowerOfGandalf25
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 11:55
I'm a catholic.
Elegia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2008 07:43
I am a pagan. Still looking my way in the world. But I know the church isn't for me.

I believe in doing what you want, just as long as you don't hurt anyone and carry the consequences your actions might cause.
merryadicbrandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 07:52
I am a Traditional Roman Catholic, and proud of it!

[Edited on 19/9/2008 by merryadicbrandybuck]
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2008 04:57
I am a Muslim. I attend the Mosque every day during Ramadam, but other than that, once a week. I have to learn Arabic for my reading of the Qu'ran. Does anyone else have to learn a language for their religion?
(Hebrew, Arabic...)
Starliner
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2008 05:04
i guess the problem with me isn't the belief in god... but lets look at it... God mis treats so many of the people who follow him with utter devotion. i didn't ask him for anthing, and he gave me nothing. and the one time i was happy, truely happy, he took it away in a flash...

i guess i cant believe that there is some mystical force out ther who guides and watches over us, no matter what it is... we truely are alone. So its not that i dont believe in a god, or gods, or whatever it may be... its that i cant put my faith into something that let me down so much. does that make any sense?
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2008 03:21
HaldirofLorien13 welcome! When I attended teh church that I grew up in, I leanrned Ukrainian inorder to read the services and other texts.

BTW - I love the sound of Arabic. It is very musical and flowing !

Starliner So sorry that you have a rough time with your belief in God. Many of us have this concept that God is supposed to protect us and give us what we need. There is no evidence that God is actually like that - it's just our idea or preference. Regardless, it hurts lots when our expectations are not met.

I hope you find something else that fills your heart and gives you strength. :love:

Me - my quarrel was never with God, it was with Christianity and Catholicism as organizations. I am a Unitarian Universalist with strong pagan leanings. This path, which I chose after much reading and heart-searching, has been more satisfying and brought me closer to God than the religion I grew up in. Who knew?
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
MerryTomBombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2008 01:45
I'm a life long Methodist
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2008 04:24
NEENIME: It was the same for me,GOD is not the problem, it's what surround him, the organizations and sometimes false ideas about God.People tend to confound God and religions.To me it's simply not the same.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2008 12:17
I"m a slightly newbie Wiccan. I'm still learning.
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2008 10:49
I'm Pagan. That's probably the best way to describe it.... A kind of smoothie Pagan is a way of describing it... I've taken something from some the Pagan paths and mixed it all up into my own unique path...
popcultureelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2008 03:56
I'm a Jew.
Oy, sometimes Hebrew is a PAIN.
Beriandanwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2008 05:10
Gee, there are a lot of interesting points of view here! I've been fortunate to study several cultures up close and how that often defines the belief system of a people. It's truly fascinating and comforting that, for the most part, we have more in common than many would imagine. No matter our beliefs, most everyone holds in common some basic human values, which truly unite us. I believe, as the Dalai Lama once said, that it's more important to be a good person than a religious one, though I respect and try to learn from all. Though I don't practice any specific religion, I do believe in God. I believe that we should respect life, and treat others as we should like to be treated, and I believe in making the world a better place, by using the unique gifts He gave to each of us. Blessings, friends.
Zechs007
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2008 02:37
Awww, it does my heart good to hear about other Wiccans and pagans..........it is a sort of rare site in the middle of Wisconsin.......

I pray to the God and Goddess and respect every little bit of everything that they have given me.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2008 04:38
Hravan - I like it "Smoothie Pagan" ! That's what I am, too I suppose if you wanted to sound all cultured and edumacated you could call it "Eclectic Pagan". . Welcome.

Beriandanwen Your view is very interesting. More and more people are leaving behind specific religions and trying to find what is essential to our spirituality as a species. Interesting sociological development. Religion used to be inherited or imposed (by conquest or conversion). More and more these days, it is deliberately chosen.

"Fascinating", as my Vulcan friend would say.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email