Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Hobbits' Tale
on: January 11, 2005 01:43
(This rpg is all about hobbits and a great adventure they take on. Elves, dwarves, and Men could join in if they like though )

A fairly young hobbit lass at the age of 17 was riding down the streets of hobbiton. She sighs as she sees hobbits shopping, socializing, and doing many more things. Her name was Lithoniel, Lithoniel Burrows. She was a hobbit who was interested in going on adventures like the great Frodo Baggins. The young hobbit was tired of life in the shire, and wanted to explore the world. Her mother and father would talk about stories and tales about the elves, and about the adventures of Frodo and Samwise. As she thought about these thoughts, she came upon the Green Dragon. " Hmm probably I could just grab a drink.....nah. I'll just keep on going ". She kept on going untill she reached the place where the hobbits hold parties. A smile came on her face as she rides around the area, remembering when she last celebrated her brother's birthday in the month of July. It was now November and close to her birthday, November 15th. The hobbit dismounted her pony, but fell in the process. She got up quickly, hoping that nobody noticed and began to lie next to the Party Tree, humming to herself a little hobbit tune.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbits' Tale
on: January 11, 2005 05:42
(Mind if I join? My character's name is Celuien. She's an elf. Hope that's ok. We'll here goes.)

Celuien was walking peacefully through a green country. She looked around and to her surprise found hobbit holes. She had wandered into the famous land of the Shire. The home of Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin. Where the Ring had hidden for 60 years. Here it was at last in all its splendor. She decided to go see the Great Mallorn. The only one to grow outside the now fading realm of Lothlorien. A hobbit atop a pony caught her eye. The four famous hobbits were known for riding horses, but even now the hobbits did not like to ride them unless they needed to. The poor hobbit girl tried to dismount and she fell. Celuien couldn't hep but laugh as she rushed from behind the bushes to help the Halfling.

"Forgive me for laughing, but I couldn't help it." The Hobbit looked shocked at the sight of an Elf. They seldom passed through the Shire now that most had departed from Middle-Earth.

"I did not mean to startle you, but I wandered into your land and my heart yearned to see the Great Mallorn tree that the Fair Galadriel gave to Samwise in Lothlorien. I am Celuien. May I have your name Halfling?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 05:58
Brannon roughly shook his head as he rode upon the route nearest to the Party Tree. His pony trotted at a quick pace, allowing his curly, chesnut hair to sway stiffly about while his cloak waved behind him in streaks of leaf green. It was quite a bore, being back in the Shire where he was placed as an odd fellow and labeled as an outcasted hobbit. Always he would leave the Shire to travel to other lands and somehow he'd reappear back on the quiet paths of Hobbiton.

With a deep exhale, he slowed his pony of a rough grey colouring to a halt and climbed off so he was back on the ground. With a small chuckle, he took the reigns into his hand and guided the creature along with him, over to the Party Tree where he quickly took a seat underneath its cooling shade.

His eyes squinted as the bright rays of sun seared at his eye lids and eventually traveled over to watch Hir, his pony, munch on the fresh grasses. With another chuckle, he leaned his head back against the trunk and slowly bgean to recite a poem:

O! Wanderers in the shadowed land
Despair not! For though dark they stand,
All woods there must end at last,
And see the open sun go past:
The setting sun, the rising sun,
The day’s end, or the day begun.
For east or west all woods must fail…

his voice trailed off and he resumed sitting in silence, eyes staring off towards the horizon longing to travel again.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 12:04
The hobbit thanked the elf for helping her back up. Then, she heard her ask for her name. " My name is Lithoniel, Lithoniel Burrows. It's nice to meet you, Celuien ". Suddenly, she heard somebody recite a poem. She wondered where the sound had come from. " Do you hear that? ", she asked Celuien.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 04:10
His head perked quickly, the sound of nearby voicesmaking his ears twitch. Fantastic. He thought gloomily, his eyes traveling to search about, but only at the sites before him. Yech! Well, better get a'going before anything comes along... He slowly stands up, adjusting his cloak until it once again fitted with a firm grip. "That's better." he smirked with a smile before walking to Hir and placing a hand on the pony's long nose. "Ready to set out, eh boy?"
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 11:01
The hobbit lass suddenly saw another hobbit. He was a male, and looked older than her. He was wearing a cloak and riding a chestnut colored pony. Curiously, Lithoniel walked over to Brannon. She looked back to see if Celuin was coming. When she got towards the other hobbit, she replied. " Hello. I am Lithoniel. What's your name? ".

[Edited on 14/1/2005 by Lithoniel_Burrows]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 06:41
With a startled jump, he whirled around to see who the voice was coming from. "Who do you think you are?! Sneaking up on people-..." His tone softened until it was nothing more then a thought. He remained silent for what seemed like hours, his eyes staring at the hobbit lass with some curiosity. "Brannon am I."
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 04:27
(I'm new to this, but my characters called Nahald, and he's a stoorish hobbit from buckland)

Nahald left the smoke filled confines of the Green Dragon. He hefted his small travelling pack, now much lighter, and decided to continue on the road back to Buckland.
Nahald had come to Hobbiton looking for adventure and excitement; what he found was an area of the Shire even more layed back than his home in Buckland.
"Perhaps I shpuld have headed into the Old Forest" he mused.
Then, Nahald saw something he had never seen before, or had beleived he would see.
An Elf
and in the company of two Hobbits, one much likehimself, but a maid, the other had the wild look of an adventurer about him; it was as if Peregrin or Meriadoc had stepped forth from the Red Book!
"Pray sir," he called, "might I know your name?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 05:50
His attention diverted from Lithoniel to Nahald, his brow quirked in question. "I, sir?" He called aloud. "If it is I of who you speak to, I am Brannon the hecilë, the outcasted halfling of odd tales that none have heard nor care for. May I ask you of your name? Or like many oters will you turn away and keep your silence? Please speak swiftly if at all, for I must be continuing on my way."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 07:02
(The ~ means that my character is thinking to herself.)

Celuien heard the soft poem being uttered by some male. The last lines were echoing in her head.

For east or west all woods must fail…

~"All woods indeed must fail."~ Celuien had lived in Lothlorien when it was at the height of its glory, but when she felt the forest was slowly disappearing, she went to Mirkwood. She dwelt there until her heart could no longer be departed from her beloved Golden Wood and she returned once more as the Lady Galadriel was about to depart. She then took to traveling throughout the realms of Middle-Earth until she happened upon the Shire. She paid very little attention to the Hobbits' conversation. She was captivated by the beauty of the Mallorn. She desired above anything else to climb its branches. There was one branch low enough to reach and she jumped and landed gracefully on top of the branch. The Hobbits looked in wonder as the Elf looked at her surroundings.

"Come Hobbits I would never let you miss this. Lithoniel, give me your hand."
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 10:17
Nahald looked up in awe at the Hobit who had named himself Brannon. He seemed the very embodiment of all that Nahald wished to be himself, "I am Nahald of Buckland," and, remembering his manners,"At your service!"
Nahald next turned to Hobbit Lass besidde him, and made an awkward bow, "What may your name be, for although I have been in Hobbiton for nigh on a week, I have yet to have the pleasure of making your acquaintance?"
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 03:21
OOC: does anyone know how a Man(Ranger) could fit in this story?
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 04:31
" It is a pleasure to meet you Brannon ". Her attention suddenly turned to the other hobbit named Nahald. " I'm Lithoniel and it is a pleasure to meet you too, Nahald ", said the hobbit lass.

OOC: Hmm, how about he wanted to go see the hobbits or the hobbits started on their adventure and they meet the ranger?

[Edited on 18/1/2005 by Lithoniel_Burrows]
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 04:41
Aldor was walking in the Shire and he was looking for the great Mallorn which had been planted. On his way there, he saw three hobbits and an elf. It was the first time he had seen an elf with hobbits. So he walked to the spot where they were standing and said "Hello, my name is Aldor. What are your names?," turning to the elf,"Suilad, it is the first time I see an elf in these parts!".
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 05:12
Brannon whirled about again only to see Aldor. Oh Fantastic! Now all we need is a dwarf and a wizard if any or still about of which I doubt. he thought angrily but managed to keep his emotionless gaze. After a small moment, he lightly scratched his head and glanced over to Hir. He never liked large groups and he soon began to slowly back away until he was on the further side of Hir and began tightening the saddle, adjusting the reigns, and checking his near empty pack. "We will get out of here soon enough, jus one more quick stop." he murmered quietly to the pony before patting its neck.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 01:32
She looked at the man, and answered, " I am Lithoniel, m' lord Aldor ". Her little pony loooked at the rather large group, then spotted the other pony.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 03:32
Celuien was looking down at the Hobbits from the branch of the tree. They looked reluctant to climb up with her so she continued on upward. Then a man came and announced himself as Aldor.

Turning to the elf,"Suliad, it is the first time I see an elf in these parts!". Celuien ignored the remark. Her eyes looked away to the East. Smoke was rising not far off. There had never been a burning in the Shire, at least not since Saruman came to the Shire. Celuien dropped down and landed gracefully on the ground.

"Forgive me but is there always smoke coming from that direction? I have never traveled these lands, and being its inhabitants you should know better than I would."
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 01:36
She looked to where Celuien was pointing. " No......at least I don't think so. Maybe we should all check it out ".
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 11:05
A man of 6 foot appears suddenly and steps between the circle of figures, leather covers his body as well as a rusted iron chainmail vest. At his belt two iron swords hang to mid calf. Stubble covers most of his face and jet black hair hangs from his crown to collar length, he constantly keeps flicking his hair out of his eyes has because of his hair he has difficulty in seeing.

"Good Morning"

he says to all in turn nodding in approval. At interaction with Nahald he dips to one knee and says,

"I came here for you Nahald, it has been a long time since we last met i am Thronduil from the north, you met me two years ago in Bree, i was on my way to your residence but it looks like i have found you in travelling"

He gets back up and turns to the elf,

"So what are you doing? leading these hobbits somewhere? promising them adventure? i have never trusted you folk but as i have travelled so far i will remain here as my job is protector of Nahald, a good friend and a fast drinker of ales!"

He points to the elf menacingly, flicks his hair out of his eyes then brings his spare hand to the hilt of one of the swords,

"Im warning you!"

He then walks and stands behind Nahald,

"Don't worry Hobbits! I am a kind man at heart, just not when faced with them sorts!"

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by Thronduil]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 03:32
Brannon smiled slightly, placing two hands on the tree. He wished to see the smoke but soon recoiled as a voice thundered behind them. With a light whirl, he turned only to look up high at a rather tall man of rough.

"Good morning" the man had told them but Brannon gave no response, not even a small nod as the others did. A mistrusting light peeked out from the glare in his eye. This individual, there was something about him that jerked Brannon's chain, the mistrust growing.

He watched as Thronduil converse to the elf, his tone seeming menacing and awkward. The man soon made talk to the hobbits, but not too much did he listen.

"Well Thranduil," he growled in a soft mannor. "If you are against the elf, I suggest you watch your back. Or you might just find an arrow sticking out of your back..." Trying not to be as short, he raised up to his tip toes and raised his chin stealthily. "So if you find a problem with their kind, I suggest you leave these parts, and the Shire in general... We don't like you kind much at all either." He finished with a small growl and walked back to his Pony where he stopped and looked back to the man.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 05:59
"So what are you doing? leading these hobbits somewhere? promising them adventure? i have never trusted you folk but as i have travelled so far i will remain here as my job is protector of Nahald, a good friend and a fast drinker of ales!"

"I care not whether my people are to your liking or not. I will not end my life because one man dislikes my people. As to my business here, it is mine and I only reveal such matters to those I consider friends. You hate me though you know nothing about me. I bare you no ill will, but only time shall tell whether you are my friend or foe."

He points to the elf menacingly, flicks his hair out of his eyes then brings his spare hand to the hilt of one of the swords,

"I'm warning you!"

Celuien ignored the man. She had done nothing except stand on the branch of the Mallorn and watch the smoke rising from afar. The small hobbit who introduced himself as Brannon stood up for Celuien. She couldn't help but smile as she looked down upon her small defender.

"Come Brannon, give me your hand so you can see what I see and tell me what land burns"
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 05:34
Nahlad was concerned that his new compnions did not seem to take to the Ranger, Thranduil, who he had met when making a deliver of Old Toby to Bree with his father; when he was in his early Tweens. 'Years had passed and we've had no news, now out of the blue he arrives!' Nahald thought.
But there were more pressing matters.
"Pray, my Lady, from did the smoke come/ for if it was the East, then surely that was Buckland you saw burning! and I must ride in haste to the aid of my kin, which of you will aid me?"
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 09:06
He looks to Celuien,

"Listen here elf, why are you still here, shouldn't you be in the undying lands with the rest of your...kind?"

He whistles loudly and from the distance a wolf hound, of 4/5 foot high (hobbit size) appears and jumps up excitedly at him. The hobbits look on in a state of shock and horror, if they can't trust a simple ranger surely they shouldn't trust his pet! However Nahald looks on with a smile on his face, for the wolf hound he possesses is a well trained loyal being with the name Beorn He strokes his black mane lovingly and then it settles down beside his ankles, curled up like a harmless mouse. He flicks his hair out of his once again and looks up at Celuien, dazzled by her beautiful female figure.

"Thinking about it elf, i have change my mind, i shouldn't judge you wongly, elves are graceful creatures, i just don't want to become too friendly, as elves have the tendancy t...to...dissappear without a trace and leave with no...no, i will say no more but now elf, i see you as a friend if you are willing to accept my request and apology. You must tell me your name, as a name is a better way to communicate with someone; calling you just simply 'elf' is wrong on second thoughts"

He bows down low in her direction, so low that his head reaches a hobbit height away from the ground. He then turns to Brannon.

"Hobbit, your name?"

Brannon replies his name proudly but with clentched teeth, mistrust still glowing in his eyes.

"Ah! I have noticed the fact that you are quite connected with this fair lady, and i see your reason, an elven maiden is a marvelous sight, one you'll never forget"

He makes a quick look to Celuien and then turns back to Brannon, continuing,

"You are not wrong in supporting an elf over a man, a man is usually a source of lies, and problems, but im just reminding you, all elves are not perfect...even...Lady M...no, i'll not say anymore about that!"

He then clicks a finger and his wolfhound raises slowly into a steady position, its eyes droopy in want of sleep.

"I have to go to the City of Kings in the East to pay homage to the king soon, but i have promised myself to be there by the end of the coming summer and as november still continues i have some time on my hands (as long as a loyal friend in Bree i know supplies me with a good horse). At first however we must go to Buckland, then if you decide to go elsewhere, no matter, for then i will pass eastwood in aim for Minas Tirith anyway, even without companions. Now to Buckland!"

He stamps his foot gently and then passes around the group, Beorn following as well as a reluctant Nahald, wondering whether the others will follow at his command and not of Celuien's because of Celuien's respect from all of the others. He walks at a small pace (hobbit mangeable), waiting for the others to follow.

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by Thronduil]
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 10:51
Lithoniel looked at the ranger, wondering if she should trust him or not. The young lass then decided that since Nahald trusted him, she would trust him. She then heard Nahald ask them a question. " Aye, sir Nahald. I will join you on the ride to buckland! ". She mounted on her pony, Morning Star and followed them at a good pace. She then looked back to see if Celuin and Brannon would join.

" Celuien, Brannon. Will you join us? ", she asked them kindly.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 02:56
Hanna Baggins had been watching these strange Big Folk with Lithoniel for a while, wondering if she should aproach, or run in the opposite dirction to tell the mayor that there were strangers in the Shire.

But, then, deciding that if Lithoniel found them trustworthy, then she should trust them as well. Besides, wherever there was an elf, there was bound to be adventure. She quickly came down from her hiding spot behind a hill and came to Lithoniel.

"Where are you going? May I come along?" She asked, trying to sound proper, but barely able to keep the excitement from her voice.

[Edited on 6/2/2005 by NellasTaralom]
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 04:04
Lithoniel tunred and saw her good friend Hannah Baggins. " Hello Hannah! It's good to see you again. We're going to Buckland because we all saw some smoke rising from there. Of course you could come along. Do you have a pony to ride along with us? ".
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 04:41
Brannon kept an angry gaze towards the man then eventually glanced back up at the tree, wishing to at least have a small look of what the elf saw. But with a small sigh, he turned towards Hir, deciding to go along with the rest of the group. "Fine then. I will come along..."

He lightly patted his pony then glanced at the group before climbing aboard his mount, a sigh being released during the process. Small angry mutters scratching at his cheeks.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 05:07
"Indeed the smoke rises from the East. Near a small forest. Buckland it is that burns. But who is burning what?"

Celuien slowly turns to the Ranger and ignores his comment about the Undying Lands. "I do accept your apology Ranger. My name is Celuien and I wish to say that we Elves 'disappear' only when need drives us to do so."

Celuien jumped gracefully to the ground, landing right in front of the Ranger. Celuien could hear not too far off the sound of another hobbit lying in the bushes. She emerged just as the small company was setting off. She was permitted to join them. They began their trek to Buckland. The Ranger was a few paces ahead of the group, so Celuien decided to approach the newcomer.

"You mentioned a Lady. Who was this imperfect elf maiden?"
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 12:23
Nahald, some paces behind his friend, the ranger, heard Celiuan's question, and hastened to to catch up with her. It was no mean feet for the Hobbits's small steps to meet the Elf's graceful and flowing stride, and he arrived, panting beside her.
"Lady, I wish that I may talk to you!"

Celuian turned and smiled at the Hobbit (OCC; Hope you don't mind me controling your character, but everyone seems to be doing it, so I guess its Ok!) "What is it you wish, master Hobbit?"

"We were not properly introduced, and in all the fuss I have quite forgotten my manners!" then in an undertone, he added "let us step aside for a moment, lest we offendia man of high pride and harsh actions..."
Louder he said "Elen sila lumen omentielvo!, may the stars shine on the hour of our meeting. I'm afraid that is almost all the Elvish lore I know, except for the true names of Pipe Weds!"
Nahald tried to whisper conspiratorly to the elf, but as she was over twice his heigt (A good 4 foot and 3/4 inches!), it required the elf to kneel and Nahald to stand on Tip toes.
"I beg, my Lady, that you enquire no further into this matter, my folk are known for being hasty, but you are, as we say in Buckland; treading on thin ice."
Nahald hung his head, "I hope I have not offened you. I do not mean to give council to one so wise and..." He blushed, "beautiful. But is the manner of my folk to talk so."
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 08:40
He turns his head around finiding only Lithoniel, Hannah and Brannon following, Celuien and Nahald a slight way back.

"Nahald, i need to talk to you!"

Nahald gets back in distance, Celluien following.

"Anyone know where that ranger went?"

All stop again, to look around,

"Oh well maybe he'll catch up with us later!"

They began to walk again but in the process he stepped beside Nahald and picked him up by the waist and slung him under his arm, head and torso still visible on one side, and hair feet on the other. All looked on in a confused worried fashion but Nahald smiled, he knew it was the only way he could keep up and talk to him one to one. they then began to walk again, Thronduil now at the back, Lithoniel at the front.

"Nahald,"

He whispered to him, and only Celliuen as well heard, in her sharp hearing

"Don't worry young one, it is about time i give up on my mislike for elves, its ancient history now after all! She has gone, and she'll never return, i should look to the future, pay homage to the king and start afresh!"

Nahald nodded in aggreement and he puts him down on the ground, where he runs to the other hobbits who form the front line of the group. He then qucikens his pace so he walks beside Celiuen.

"My lady, the maiden, was my lover, my foundation in where i was once strong"

Celiuen turns to face him,

"You are strong!"

He looks up at the hobbits and then back to Celiuen, her eyes opened, warm and full of much care,

"Yes but only due to a strength in hatred of elves, how they persuaded her to leave like that! i can never forgive them!"
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 11:50
Nahald paced thoughtfully between Brannon and Lithoniel, who were both riding there ponies. Hannah, the new Hobbit, rode behind her friend.
"From the look of you, I'd say you were a Baggins! are perhaps a relation to Frodo of the Nine fingers, who's tale is told in the Red Book? If that would be so, we must be related! for I am kin to Meriadoc, Holdwyn of the Mark!"
Nahald swelled with joy, and a little pride, for it is well known that Hobbits are very interested in family history, especially if it is their own.
"You see, Meriadoc is the Brother of my father's cousin's aunt's daughter's nephew's cousin thrice removed on my mother's side."
Pausing for breath, Nahald turned back to Brannon, "I am much concerned for my kinsfolk, all this talk of my relations has made me dreadfully worried of what we may meet in Buckland. The Old Forest has not burned since Sharkey came! do you think that something of that sort could ever happen again?" Nahald thought of the green rolling hills of his homeland, and the cool, spacious Smials and delving below, of the wind in the trees and the smell of fresh mown grass; the taste of strawberries and cream.
Some smoke blew across the path, and choked Nahald with its acrid stench; and he thought of the Rolling trees blackened, and the swaying trees burning, the grass replaced with iron and wheels, the Hobbit holes with gravel pits.
Nahald shed a single tear, wiping it away hurriedly.
His simple Hobbit courage rose to the surface, and mingled with his love of growing things, and fresh tilled earth, and music and laughter and song.

"I may not be a warrior, or a wizard; but I will defend my home, from whomever or what ever assails it; be they white Wargs and goblins, or ruffians with club and whip, I will not see the woods of Tuckborough burn, nor all of this good and green land, not while I have strength in me. I may not have a sword, but I can shy a stone as good as any Hobbit, better than some. I would hasten to Buckland, and sound the Horn Call FEAR! FIRE! FOES!" Nahald turned his face to the setting sun, and the fire of its glow caught in his curly, light brown hair, and blazed off the yellows and reds of waistcoat and breeches.

"I fear that If we stop for the night, we shall not make Buckland in time, but if we ride through the night, we will reach Buckland at Dawn. Brannon, I know it is much to ask, but may I ride with you?"
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 12:06
Lithoniel listened to Nahald's family history, and how he was related to Merry. She suddenly saw him shed a single tear, probably a tear of sorrow. When he said his speach about defending his homeland, she agreed with him, and said, " You have courage, Master Nahald. You kind of remind me of your relation, Meriadoc. Did you read the Red Book? ".
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 03:39
"Yes but only due to a strength in hatred of elves, how they persuaded her to leave like that! i can never forgive them!"

"I do not believe that hatred can be a strength. It has only the power to hinder and weaken. One becomes venerable when blinded by hate, but I see that your hate is just, but I am glad to be the first of the Elves to win your friendship. You are very wise to forgive those who tore you away from your love for hate can lead only to pain and suffering. Let us look ahead and hope that the hobbits face no danger. I agree with Master Nahald. We will not reach Buckland in less than a day and a half if we travel on foot. We need horses."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 03:42
Brannon perked his head slightly and slowly looked to Nahald, listening as he told of his family history and of his courage. A small chuckle pierced his lip, the first in many a day. "I have no relations with the Baggins', bless their tombs."

He went silent for the moment, eyes squinting as he peered over to the sun, it's rays echoeing a plentiful red in his eye. "I am sure you will do much when your time comes. Truth be it, I once was like you, very doubtful of myself but you have to get past that. You must draw up your courage and then, only then will you have trust towards yourself... It's a hard lesson to have."

A slow turn and his head was was focused back towards Nahald. "And as for riding along with me," he pulled Hir to a halt. "Climb aboard."He thoughtfully watched as Nahald climbed aboard and once again sent Hir off.

"I assure you... No fire nor harm of any kind will come to Buckland or any other part of the Shire." He silenced himself, his mind now contemplating if he even believed his own words.
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 08:02
Beorn the wolf hound who trotted beside Thronduil then began to yelp in a pathetic cry. He looked down at him who he saw panicing madly, running around in circles sniffing at the air.

"Halflings come back to us! Form up! Something is near! If you have weapons wield them!"

He drew both swords and unlike their rusted hilts, the blades were hinning silver, one had dwarfish runes inscribed.

"Whoever burnt your village is coming!"

He like his wolf hound sniffed in a certain direction and then he confirmed the situation,

"Yes, from there!

He said pointing (in overall direction of Buckland i.e where they were going)

The hobbits gllopped back as fast as their ponies could and stood still behinf Celliuen and Thronduil. Some of the hobbits drew tiny faggers (swords to them) and slid off of their ponies but Thronduil answered back with a hand and commanding,

"Keep your ground! There is no need you losing your lives before me!"
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email