<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbits' Tale
on: March 02, 2005 09:03
((wow, I missed a lot))

Lithoniel saw the hobbits come with their pitch forks in hand and their knives all ready. She charged and began to fight the orcs anf ruffians, helping her friends out. Suddenly, she saw somebody lying on the ground......a hobbit. It was Brannon! She quickly ran over to his aid, and kneeled down. " Brannon, your hurt! We need to get you help! ".

She took off her cloak and put it on Brannon. They had to save him. Lithoniel stayed with Brannon, and looked with her hazel green eyes for any of her friends. The hobbit suddenly saw Morwen, who was fighting. " Morwen! Morwen! We need your help! ", she shouted to the elf.

[Edited on 2/3/2005 by Lithoniel_Burrows]
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 04:54
Morwen looked up from the fight, she heard Lithoniels cry and turned to her, using her long silver blade to clear a path.
Morwen knelt next to Brannon and looked at the wound.
she smiled, "Lithoniel your worries are uneeded, his wound has been bound and dressed with leaves buy Celuien, he will heal soon but the pain will not just disappear. Celuien has great skill with medicene, you need not fear for your friend"

With a smile she turned and slay two ruffians that had come up behind the hobbits, she put her hand on Lithoniels shoulder and said to her, " you must protecty Brannon he is wounded, though he can still fight, will you help him for me whilst i go back to help Thronduil my beloved one"

Morwen then turned and ran back to aid the rest of her companions.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 03:57
Frodo fought his way to Brannon with Celuien. Holman and Reginard came close behind, beating ruffians as they went. After the wounds were dressed, Lithoniel and Morwen were examining Brannon and Morwen told Lithoniel to keep him safe.

Holman: Well lads, we may as well help protect our fallen comrade too. *cracks his neck* It will be just like "defend the stump" back home.

Reginard: Yeah, except Fred's allowed to kill people this time.
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 05:25
Brannon grumbled lightly under his breath as a few of the others examined his wound and dressed it temperarily. 'I'm fine,' he would murmer over and over until he finally broke away. 'I don't need any protection. I'm not lame, not yet.' His nose scrunched a bit and he made a pained charge back towrads the battl along with the others and the new arrivals of Brandybucks and Tooks. He recognized many but one stood out especially. 'Eru!' he called loudly over the many other yells of battle. Another hobbit turned her head slightly, her brown locks coiled up to remain away from the darkness of her eyes. Eru was not her name, it was a nickname. Her real name was Eruwest, Eruwest Brandybuck and Brannon's own love.
He smiled a bit but not enough to make the ruffian's smirk at his weakness. Brannon then fought his way until he was firmly fighting at her side. 'It's been a while,' he said through clenched teeth.
'Yes, I know.' she replied with a slight grunt and a push forward.
'After this we can talk more, eh?'
'Aye, it's a deal.'
The two broke away then each disappeared through the thick blankets of ruffians who numbers seemed to diminish quicker than ever now. The deed was almost complete.
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 08:26
Thronduil saw Brannon who ran to his lover's side and set a smile in direction of Morwen who returned the smile and then strode over to Morwen standing at her side shouting,

"Ruffians! Who led you under this campaign?"

The ruffians turned to face Thronduil shouting in return,

"Baggort!"

"And who is Baggort?"

"A human thief, his brother passed into your direction yesterday. Baggort however is still alive..."

"...And is here!"

shouted Baggort, a well dressed and armoured short man wielding a great axe and holding a hobbit lass hostage, who appeared from the ranks of the ruffians.

Morwen strode toward him but Thronduil dragged her back continuing his shouting,

"You are outnumbered by 50 to 30 and we have better fighters, and you are tired, what must we do to end this time of tyranny?"

"At my death my warband will vanish! However i am very hard to kill!"

"What about the halfling lass?"

"She will die when you advance any further!"

Thronduil looked to Celiuen who had already drawn her bow back far. Baggort saw the elf maiden and shouted,

"Drop the bow or she get's it!"

shouted Baggart whilst drawing a knife and placing it at the hobbit girl's neck.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 10:15
The Greenhands watched as Thronduil and Baggort exchanged words. Baggort threatened to kill a hobbit lass if Celiuen didn't dropp her bow.

Frodo: Stick an arrow in him! He'll be dead before he can twitch a finger.

Reginard: We can't take that risk, Frodo.

Frodo: What risk? Elves can hit a needle eye from 200 paces and she already has the arrow drawn.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 01:14
Lithoniel smiiled when Brannon went with his love. She then got up, unsheathed her sword, and continued fighting. Suddenly, the hobbit lass stopped when she heard Baggort say that he will kill a hobbit lass that he held hostage if Celiun didn't drop her bow to Thronduil. She wondered what Thronduil will do. The hobbit lass then heard the brothers. She went over to them, and said after Frodo, " But He will kill he quickly if the elf shot him ".

[Edited on 4/3/2005 by Lithoniel_Burrows]
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 11:57
The ruffians now had big grins on their faces and began to mock the good peoples. Thronduil had a sign on his face of unknowing what to do, sweat trailed down the creases which had formed at his forehead in thought. He looked at Morwen then Celiuen, and hoped that Celieun would show some smile at the whispered comments of the brothers. Thronduil then repeated lithoniels comment obout risk and turned away, still in deep thought.

"Baggort, what can i give you to spare the hobbit lass' life?"

The man smiled an evil evil smile and replied even more evilly,

"Ermmmmmmmmm......let me think...............save halfling's life for waht in return? Let me think............"

Thronduil interupted him saying,

"Can we talk amongst ourselves first?"

"Not until i have set my demands!"

Thronduil looked at Morwen, showing obvious signs of not knowing what to do, and even fear of the consequences, he didn't want to let Nahald and the other hobbits down, so he had to think of something and something quick. Thronduil then asked,

"Can i ask a bit about YOUR family Baggort?"

the man laughed to himself and then replied,

"You cannot say you will kill my family in return because i hve no family, i murdered them to get my father's wealth!"

"You are disgusting!"

"I know!"

Thronduil looked at the hobbit lass and saw her face of worry, her hazel eyes were deeply looking into Thronduil's stare, Thronduil truned away, he didn't not like the hobbit's stare to pressure him, it distracted him too much. He then looked back to the hobbit to see if there were anyways of herself to release herself from the clutches of Baggort he then smiled a slight smile, the hobbit lass was held in front of Baggort, a little to his left side, so his right arm reached over to the hobbit's neck. The hobbit wore riding boots and at the heel was a short stump of metal which are called spurs, luckily the hobbit's legs lined up so one of the hobbit's legs were lined up between Baggorts. If the hobbit just kicked backward and grabbed the knife at impact she might survive. Thronduil would be able to do it in her situation and he hoped that she would be able to too. The problem as how to tell her his idea.

(ooc: i have included a picture to help explain the situation, so click on the link http://img232.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img232&image=axe2np.png)

[Edited on 5/3/2005 by Thronduil]
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 12:23
Thronduil caught the hobbit's gaze and rose his eyebrows suddenly to try to give a signal that he wanted to start a speachless conversation. He did it a couple of times but the hobbit seemed not to notice, Thronduil then made an obvious signal (nodding his head) and hoped none of the ruffians would notice, espically Baggort. The hobbit finally understood and rose her eyebrows suddenly in reply.

Thronduil made a sign of 'watch', he brought his hand to his brow, (sort of in an american style salute) and appeared to scratch his brow in this way. Luckily the hobbit understood and rose her eyebrows suddenly.

"My demands are....."

started Baggort,

"The elf's life for the hobbit's"

pointing in direction of Morwen.

"What! Never!"

Morwen looked to him.

"Let me think actually!"

Morwen looked intently in disbelief.

Thronduil continued conversing with the hobbit and turned sideward, brought his hands to his neck and mimiced the hobbit grabbing the knife and kicking backward into betwen Baggort's legs, but made it look like he was stamping his foot and re-arranging his small cape for safety of being seen.

Morwen looked on with a strange look on her face, in a state of confusion.

Thronduil turned to face the hobbit once more and saw the hobbit nodding slightly.

"I have decided......i will give my own life for the hobbit, and if you don't accept that i will force Morwen, my love to instead sacrafice herself."

All friendly characters looked at Thronduil in a state of shock and disgust, especially Brannon who was with his lover.

Then Baggort smiled and replied,

"To give me this elf i will give you back the hobbit, and that is all i will accept!"

At the word 'accept' the hobbit grrabbed the arm of Baggort which held the knife, pulled it down and kicked backward. She hit her target and Baggort's face immediately changed to a sign of pain, his lips opened perfectly circular making the letter 'o'. Baggort then dropped the knife and the hobbit ran towards Thronduil who was already running towards her, but in aim for Baggort, who was falling, but not an inch close to death.

The ruffians then flew into action and got back into 'fighting mode'

[ooc: sorry for writing so much and controlling some minor actions of other players - it won't happen again - i just wanted to create this image which i have had in my head, you can still all now take the honour of finishing off Baggort (if i don't get there first - heehee)]
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 02:33
(sorry I haven't posted in forever....)

Hanna was tired, and breathing heavily. The battle seemed so long. She had found that rocks were not such a good weapon if you had to scurry around during the battle, trying to find more. So she had picked up one dead ruffian's knife, which was like a longsword to the 3"6 hobbit lass, and wielding it was difficult.

She had grown weary with the battle, and so had decided to stay close to the elves, who fought like their own army, especially the black-armored Morwen. (Hanna made a mental note to ask Morwen if she was in fact a relative of Feanor.)

When Baggort came out to negotiate, she sighed with relief. "Good. Thronduil will fix him." She thought loyally. The two talked for a while, but she couldn't hear much of what was said. Finally Thronduil announced-

"I have decided......I will give my own life for the hobbit, and if you don't accept that I will force Morwen, my love to instead sacrafice herself."
Hanna stood there, rather shocked. So....Thronduil would even sacrifce Morwen. Had Thronduil shown his true colors?? She was to tired to understand...then suddenly every flew into action at once. She saw Baggort fall...Thronduil was on their side after all! He'd had her worried for a minute. As the ruffian's became angry, she wondered how much longer she would survive in the battle if she didn't have the strength to wield her knife.

"Oh dear...well I musn't disgrace the name of Baggins by leaving the battle. If anything, I should die an honorable death." She gripped the knife harder.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 08:11
Brannon quickly rushed to Eru and clasped onto her hand. 'Come on.' he urged before she finally ran with him to rejoin his companions. But their run soon slowed into a walk and then a halt. There stood Thronduil making angry conversation with one of the ruffians! Brannon strayed ahead a bit only to have Eru follow a few feet behind. 'What's he doing?' only then did it become clear. In the hands of the ruffian stood a hobbit lass; a captive to such ugly creatures.

He and Eru joined the small consisting of Lithoniel, Frodo, and the other two brothers. 'Why don't he just shoot him? He has good enough aim to miss the lass by a few...' Brannon spoke in a light whisper, his neck slightly cranned to keep a good view on the happenings even though he was addressing Lithoniel. 'He could kill her still.' Eruwest found herself saying quietly. 'Either he could land on her, kill her as he falls, or if he dies quick enough, have the others kill her. Think before you talk aloud.' Brannon smiled a bit glancing at her then shook his head. 'All right, I'll remember that.' Just as he finished, he heard Thronduil speak again. "I have decided......i will give my own life for the hobbit, and if you don't accept that i will force Morwen, my love to instead sacrafice herself."

As soon as the sentence was spoken, Brannon whirled angrily and took a single step forward but Eru quickly snatched his shoulder and pulled him back. 'Stay.' Brannon exhaled heavily and slumped his shoulder. Soon everyone jolted in slight suprise as the hobbit lass made attack on Boggart and fell him. Excitement swept through his body but stopped as the ruffians began to clammer their weapons and growl in their violent languages. 'Here goes again.' he whispered, his arm unsheathing his blade fully. The band of ruffians made a charge for the group, weapons held upright and glinting in the clouded sunlight.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 12:52
Morwen screamed in rage, partly at Thronduils bargain and partly at the cheek of this Boggart man.

As the hobbit lass scrambled free of his clutch she spun forward, swung her sword and stabbed him repeatedly in the chest.

"NO ONE BARGAINS WITH MY LIFE!" she screamed at the top of her voice as a fire blazed in her eyes, her elven voice sounding louder than all other noise of the battle around her.
repeatedly she stabbed him, slicing through his clothes and destroying his body.
then she rose away from him and looked at his corpse and laughed, louder and louder, celuien looked at her shocked as if morwen was crazy.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 05:14
Lithoniel looked at Morwen as she screamed over the sounds of battle. It looked like she was really mad when Baggort and Thronduil were bargining with her life. She saw the elf repeatidly stabing the ruffian. Suddenly, she saw the other ruffians get there weapons. She took out her sword and readied herself to fight. " Well, here goes nothing ". The hobbit lass closed her eyes when the ruffians were charging after them.

Suddenly, she opened them when they were near, and started to attack them with her little sword, trying to slash at them. She luckily killed two, but then suddenly got a large cut on her arm. She fell, held her arm, and closed her eyes tight. The pain was bad, very bad.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 05:18
The brothers watched the events unfold and saw the hobbit kick Baggort with her spurs.

Holman: What!? Who ever heard of a hobbit wearing boots much less spurs!

Reginard: Well whether it makes sense or not, it's a good thing she was wearing them.

Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 10:21
Thronduil then stepped backward rapidly at the sight of Morwen charging. The hobbit lass continued to run toward Thronduil and stopped in front of him,

"Thank you kind sir!"

"No problem, but why you, a hobbit, do you wear boots?"

"I am a stoorish hobbit traveller, stoors wear boots so they can walk through mud on river banks where they live, and the spurs well, i ride ponies alot, for my travelling."

"Stoors?"

"You should do some research sir, there are three types of hobbit!"

"Ooh, right!"

Then three ruffians ran towards Thronduil and the hobbit lass, Thronduil stepped aside and advanced forward and sliced out at two of the advancing ruffians, giving the fianl one a good placed kick in the head. As all ruffinas fell Thronduil took a few more final slashes out of his blades to confirm their deaths.

"Finished sir?"

"Quite!"
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 10:32
"Now i have some business to attend to, young one!"

"Okay sir!"

Thronduil turned to see Morwen slashed violently at Baggort, her sword stabbing right through hardend steel armour in her craziness. Thronduil flicked his hair out of his eyes and looked around at the battle that had began once more and saw Lithoniel looking at her arm, not seeing ruffians advancing toward her. Thronduil ran quickly to Lithoneil's aid by meeting one of his blades to the blade of a ruffian and kicking him to the ground.

"Can i have some help here?"

Thronduil asked with a friendly smile on his face,

"We will sort out that scratch after a few ruffians are slain!"
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 11:30
Nahalds battle with the Ruffiaaans on the path had been short. One had been felled with an elven arrow, another with Nahalds Noldorin blade. He pushed past the few remaining, sprinting up the path to his home.
He halted when he noted the smoke blackend door and smashed windows, the disturbed turf above his hole, broken pots and scattered farming tools.
incredibly, one small plot of Old Toby still stood, and Nahald wandered towards this, his hand straying throught the tall plants (OOC: Yes, I stole that bit from Gladiator, sue me..). Nahald entered his home, the round walls and many pegs for coats strangely comforting aaand harrowing at the same time. The permenant smell of Pipeweed still filled the Smial, and brought tears to his eyes. He saw the door of his fathers study, slightly ajar. Their was a lamp lighted within. Nahald gripped his sword and entered.
An old HObbit lay on the bed, grasping a walking stick. A battered top hat lay by his side. His hhair was silver, but he had not yet lost any, and in its wild curlyness much resembeld Nahalds. The shared the same broad, guiless face, plump cheeks and heavy brow set with the same, bushy eyebrows. But beneah these brows were not Nahalds Hazel-brown eyes; merely closed lids. The Old Hobbit was blind.
"What? Who goes there! I'll fight the lot o' ye just come a step nearer, I'll 'ave you longshanks, I'll have ye indeed!" The HObbit rapsed in a strong accent, flaing his stick.
Nahald's eyes filled with teares of relief. He dropped the sword unheeding and ran to his father's side
"Dad, Dad its me! I'm back, I've come to help, I've brought friends. I'm back, Thronduil's with me; remember him, from Bree? and Morwen and Brannon and m back and your alive!"
"What do ye think yer doing yer great ninnyhammer, get off me! why ye couldn't anounce yeself like a decent Hobbit, stead of skulking about like a goblin in the night, away withye!"
"but, I'm back dad! and I've been on an adventure, an adventure dad with ruffians and elves. Elves dad! I'd right a song of it if I could!"
"An adventure? I suppose you'll be wanting a feeding then? Help me up, Nahald son of Trahald and I'll see what I can get ye. It'll be precious little mind you," said Old Trahald as he leant on his sons's arm on the way to the pantry, "Yer not the only one to be haavin' adventures and the like. WEve had one all of our own up here in Buckland. Too close to the Boarder as your poor mother Celandine used to say. There, now I dont have much; only some bread, cheese, cold meats, pickles, some eggs, perhaps some cake; seed cake I think a few pastries and pies, Taters and the like, perhaps enough for supper? Thats if the rats havent eaten it yet!"
Nahald and his father sat down to their frughal six course supper, Nahlad leaned back complacently "ahh, I might just take a bite of cheese to fill in the corners, any for you dad?"
"No corners left son, no corners left! Ahh i does my heart gld to haave compn'y agin, it does me old heart glad. Oh I wish I could se yis, goin off advenyutrin with elves like Old Merry the magnificant!" Trahald sighed, and feel silent. Nahald moved round the samll table and sat by his father, holding the old h=Hobbits wrinkled hand. Trahald smiled wanly, "It was them ruffians as did this t'me, cus I stood t'fight em, like a proper Oldbuck! and Rory McBrandybuck, that ole fella came out tae see em, and godwyn Took, and Eru, they all stood to fight them. Godwyn and Eru left three days hence to fetch a band o'fighting Tooks; but alls not been well in Tookland neither, so I can only guess as wheter they come to help us; but I manages weel enough, they dont bother me now that..now that...that they burnt all the crop" the old hobbit hung his head once again. Nahald also came close to dispare, but remember ed the field he had passed through,
"One field remains Dads, not all is dark, not while one field is left, I can help and we can start again! Its not spoiled Dad, all your work, its still there, and I can help. Theres no Old Toby, or Longbottom Leaf, and the Southern Star's a gravel pit, but weve still got Oldbuck's Gold, and thats the one that matters!"
Traahald smiled at his sons enthusiasm, "do ye rememer the first shoot o' Oldbuck? twas as green as Longbottom but smokes like Old Toby? fresh, thats what it was. Its not often a new starin works, but we did son, we did..."
Nahald smiled, but it soon faded "I'll miss the Old Toby though, it always smelt so...so Hobbity, in a way. It was what old Bilbo smoked. Even Gandalf smoked it, if he weren't just an Old Hobbit-wife's tale!" Nahald sighed "I smoked the last of mine weeks ago, and I wont taste another in yeaars, sept that stinking Bree vedrsion, if we ever get there. It just don't grow right in Bree, too wet, not the right soil. not the right..." Nahald mumbled on, slipping further into his native Brandybuck accent. Trahald smiled and reached into his pocket, producing a small leather pouch.
"Son, I have a gift for you...no...no take it, its yours"
Nahald opened the pouch, "The last of the LOng Bottom Leaf!, I'll keep it safe"
Trahald smote his son on the skull with his stick, "You Ninnyhammer! I don't want you to keep it, I want you to smoke it! Smoke it with your friends and think of me when your advenyturing! Now, ifn I'm not misstook, your friends are in the middle of a grand old fight, and as an Oldbuck, you should take up your bow and go and join 'em"
Trahald pointed to the Hobbit bow on the wall, hung with a quiver next to it. The bow was yellow in colour, with silver scrollworrk of pipe weed arpund ti, as on the lip and base of the quiver. Each arrow tip was crafed in the shape of a leaf of OLd Toby.
"Thats your bow, the bow of the Old Buck, not mine.."
Trahald rose unsteadily
"From this day, Nahald Oldbuck, son of Trahlad Oldbuck, Son of Rorimac Oldbuck; from this day you are The Oldbuck, and so must uphold the honour of your family and its name. I will not say live in peace, as I'm meant to, as we know that isnt possible, but I will say may your fields be green; though I wont be able tae see it"
Nahald son of Trahahld, now The Oldbuck of the house of Oldbuck strode out of his Hobbit Hole, the quiver buckled to his side, his bow stung and the Horn of the Oldbucks to his lips he blew a great call, and roarad at the top of his voice
"I AM NAHALD OLDBUCK OF THE HOUSE OF OLDBUCK, RALLY TO ME MY KIN, AND LET US WIPE THIS FOE FROM OUR GREEN FIELDS. LET US FIGHT!"

(OOC: In case you thought otherwise from this, I in no way advocate smoking, unless your a Hobbit or a wizard)

Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 11:38
Morwens fury left her at the sight of Lithoniel in pain, she had a soft spot for that hobbit lass, her heart was in the right place, she showed a compassion and bravery that even some high elves did not have.
Morwen was tired, mentally weak, she had endured a journey over the sees, ridden like a crazed spirit to be here, she had run on foot leading the rest of the group, and now she fought. Desperately she was signalling to Thronduil to come aid her, to kiss her and take her away from these ruffians who made her angry. She needed to rest, even dream with her eyes open.

She slashed her sword round to behead a ruffian and sheated it, then she pulled out what looked like a small, light battle axe from behind a quiver of arrows. She spun it in the manner of an elegant dwarf it was lighter and easier to use than a sword. Now surely Thronduil would notice, she had changed weapon, which was something she only did to signal she was tiring.

ooc:subtle hint here that the battle has dragged on a bit as even the elf is tiring! lol SORRY
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 11:47
"I AM NAHALD OLDBUCK OF THE HOUSE OF OLDBUCK, RALLY TO ME MY KIN, AND LET US WIPE THIS FOE FROM OUR GREEN FIELDS. LET US FIGHT!"
Morwen sighed,as she heard Nahalds cry,she called to him above the battle.

"I am Morwen, Bride of Thronduril the Ranger from the North of the ancient house of numenor and Noldor Elf from accross the sea. My kin are no longer in this fair land so i shall follow you as my new kin in this new age"

and raising her axe in the air she ran through the crowd and stood behind Nahald staring menacingly at all Ruffians who would dare oppose them.

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by Tar_Telperien]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 12:31
Brannon Shoved his body forward, allowing his sword to be engulfed in the thickness of a ruffian's gut. He then recoiled and swung sharply; the ruffian gave a great howl then fell.
A quick eye was sent to Eru who continued her fierce fighting. She returned his look with a snickering smile then dodged her way over and to his side. 'One last charge?' he muttered, chuckling.
'Maybe two.'
'Oh well. It doesn't matter.' He tipped his head jokingly then immidiately whirled around, his sword immidiately endented into the creature's leg and stuck. His hands clasped onto the hilt and he pulled harder and harder each time but it wouldn't even budge. Soon a menacing laugh echoed above him and Brannon glanced up, right into the dark eyes of his own kill. 'Well, stuck, eh?' The craeture's voice was rumbled with growls and gurgles, his large arms lowered to his leg and immidiately yanked the sword out. 'pathetic.' he hissed. 'Perhaps I should show ya the proper meanings to get a sword out of ya's gut!'
The ruffian swung quickly and Brannon immidiatly ducked lower than even his normal height. 'Coward!' the voice growled again with a menacing laugh; Obviously taking pleasure in his game. 'You're a coward!' Brannon clasped his eyes shut for a moment then reopened them to find himself sinking down onto his knees. His lips would part in soft murmerings of song. Finally he heard a swish above him and he quickly crawled between the craetures legs until he was behind him. His eyes made a sharp travel and landed heavily on Eru who stood not far away, she stood still and watching but the message was still clear.
As the ruffian turned to face Brannon, she leapt as much on his back as she could and dug her blade deep into the fat rolled neck. As the ruffian growled in both pain and anger, he dropped Brannon's sword and it droped to the ground. Quick as possible the hobbit clasped onto the blade, gave a loud cry and bashed it against its mark. Another howl was set free from the ruffian and he finally collapsed forward. Eru peeked an eye open, pulled her blade form the neck and stumbled from the large corpse, her whole body shuddering in slight fright.
Brannon gave a soft smile, his hand landing on her shoulder then pulling her in for a soft embrace. 'It's alright now, you're fine, see?' Eru smiled slightly, pulling herself away. 'That was fun though. As scary as it was.' They bother laughed to themselves then immidiately turned back to the battle.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 01:42
(O_O It seems you people like to write more than I like to read. lol)

Holman: A Stoor, eh? Don't hear much about them in Greenfields.

Frodo: I still don't understand how one can tolerate wearing those things on their feet.

Reginard: I'm sure she's used to it. She probably grew up wearing boots.

The brothers watched and listened to all that happened.

Holman: My, such drama.

Reginard: Oh, lets just spare the speaches and get back to the fight.

With that the three hobbits ran into the fray swinging their weapons this way and that.
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 11:47
Nahald's Bow sung. Each of his keen Hobbit arrows found its mark. swiftly, he moved to where the Hobbit archers stood, safely behind a cart, taking pot-shots at the foe; who now appeared to be wavering.
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 12:19
One of the archers was taking his ease against the cart, a wide brimmed straw hat over his eyes and a pipe in his mouth. Nahald recognised him immediately
"Great Oliphants! If it isn't Rory, Rory McBrandybuck! My Dad said you were off to fetch the Tooks, but I never thought to see you here! Good Old Rory! Look how tall you are, at least 3 foot 7! I can't believe I havent seen you since we used to hunt mushrooms in Farmer Maaaggots field in our Tweens. How are you?"
Nahald continued in this manner for some time, then Rory looked up and returned the greeting
"Good to see you too Nahald Oldbuck." Then he added, "THE Oldbuck as I should say by the looks of it." Rory mused for a moment, "Strange company you keep nowdays, Master Oldbuck; but you always was the adventurin' type. Though I speak as I shouldn't you may think" At this he laughted heartily, as did Nahald, who had not laughed for some time.
"Mayhhap I should introduce you, the battle seems almost to be won"
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 01:26
Lithoniel opened her eyes back up, watching as her friends fought with the ruffians. " I really wish I could help ", she thought. Suddenly, a ruffian was coming from behind her. She looked and her eyes widened. " Oh no, oh no, oh no! ", thought Lithoniel. She scooted back using her left arm, trying to get away from the ruffian. The ruffian grabbed her and put a knife to her neck...........
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 03:50
Brannon backed himself alongside with Eru into a clearing where no ruffian had set foot. Their eyes traveled doown at the battle and watched eagerly as the enemy seemed to recoil. But as they looked at the devouring crowd, something terrible caught sight and Eru gave a small cry. Down in the midst of the retreating battle stood a large ruffian and down at the edge of a knife stood poor Lithoniel.

''Lithoniel," Brannon murmered quietly, eyes now wide. He glanced to Eru who lightly bowed her head then glanced back up. 'The choice is obvious,' she whispered loudly. 'She is young, has much more to live for than this.' Brannon returned with a nod and they both took their weapons into their hands and charged. They drew themselves to a halt as the ruffian gurgled at them, drawing the knife closer to Lithoniel, knicking the delicate skin lightly. 'Let her go,' Eru hissed, even with the knowledge of talk being useless with such a creature. 'She's not any use to you so let her be or by this sword I'll skin you alive!'
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 12:57
'AND I AM RUBY GAMGEE! WHO JUST KICKED HERSELF FREE!' Ruby yelled and she continued killing again. 'Though I keep calling humans Sir... Got to stop that really...' She thought and she smiled broadly.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 04:26
The ruffian laughed evily and put the knife closer to her neck, touching her skin. " Try to skin me and I'll kill her instantly! ", he said to the hobbits. " This little one will prove good use to me.......as a slave! ". He laughed eviliy again.

Lithoniel tried to struggule, but it didn't looked. " If I continue to struggle, he will probably kill me! The pig! ", she thought.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:55
Hanna saw Lithoniel, her childhood friend, grabbed by the ruffian, who held her there with the knife at her throat. "No!" She cried, fearful of what might happen in the next few moments.

She tried racing through the hoard of enemies and comrades, but a large ruffian leapt in front of her, barring her way. He swung a sword over her head, and she ducked just in time. "Help!" She cried out, even though no one could hear her small voice in the chaos.

She scrambled out of the way as the ruffian's sword came down again. There was no way she could fight him. On the ground, she instinctively felt for a rock to throw. She found one!

As the ruffian stood gloating over her, she flung it at him in desparation. It hit him right in the nose, causing blood to spurt in all directions. He howled in pain, dropping his sword and clutching his wound. But by that time Hanna was already gone, scrambling to find Lithoniel.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 10:39
Holman saw Lithoniel being held captive by the ruffian and pointed it out to his brothers.

Frodo: What is up with all the other hobbits being held hostage?

As he was speaking. Three ruffians crept up behind them and were about to grabb them. The brothers quickly swung around and dispatched their would be captors.

Holman: Maybe they're not listening close enough.
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 02:21
Nahald and his compaions walked casually down to the battle, laughing and singing as is the want of Hobbits. Nahald stayed close to Rory, his old friend, and they talked together happily, believing the battle to be won.
"Rory, I really cant berlieve I've finally been on andventure! not all of it was to my liking, but I did meet some elves! that was certainly entertaining! and Thranduil, who I met in Bree, he came and a Bagginns! I real life Baggins!" Nahald stood to his full height (Not much) and said prodly "Of course Rory, we can trace our aancestors all the way back to the original OLdbucks that first came to the Shire, and of course to the Meriadoc the magnificent"
Rory waas distraacted. Her had been in more battles than Nahald, and tell something was wrong
"Look yonder, master Oldbuck, and tell me if you see what I do.."
Nahald looked in the direction his friend pointed, and saw in Horror Lithoniel held captive by one of the few remaining ruffians.
"Lithoniel" he said softly. Had he come this far to she his friends captured?
Nahald nocked an arrow to his bow.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 08:50
'You maggot!' Brannon growled angrily, hand leaving the hilt of his sword for the moment. 'You play evil tricks.' He slyly looked to Eru who was stiffling a slight smirk and slinking from view behind the ruffian. Brannon gave a soft nod and Eru broke into a sprint then leapt up as high as she could. A perfect target!' She landed on the thick rolled neck and immidiately drew her sword. The ruffian pushed Lithoniel away and the poor hobbit lass toppled to the ground. His arms flaired every which way; at Brannon, to Lithoniel, and up towards Eru. Eru held tightly with one hand, and with the other unvieled her sword. 'Maggot!' he cried aloud then plunged the entire blade into the ruffian's neck.
It gave a loud cry, it's dark eyes widening in pain, but only for less than a second. Soon afterwards, it fell forwards and with a THUD! was limp in the bloody soil of battle.
After a minute, Eru popped her head over the ruffian and gave a slight smile before leaping away, wiping the blood on her sword away with a piece of cloth. 'That was fun,' she chirped quietly but remained silent to watch Brannon help Lithoniel back onto her feet.
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 07:32
Thronduil sighed in boredom, he was tired and his muscles were aching,

"When was this battle going to end?" Thronduil mumbled to himself.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 04:50
Ruby joined the group of hobbits wich were going down the hill. Then she charged at the remaining ruffians. It were not more that fifty, and they would soon be dead when the thirty more hobbits with her would join the ones who were fighting below.
More hobbits joined to attack, and after tens of minutes there was no ruffian left breathing.
Ruby sighed heavily and sheathed her sword. Then she fell on her knees because of the tiredness. She stood up and went to the group of people who came to aid her in the beginning of battle.
There she sat on the ground, head buried in her hands. She sighed again. She was allright, exept for a few scratches and a cut on her arm.
'Is everyone allright here?'
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 08:31
Lithoniel got back up to her feet with Brannon's help. She said, " Thank you Eru and Brannon ". She smiled, then continued battling with the ruffians. Suddenly, she saw a hobbit lass attacking the ruffians with an army of other hobbits at her aid. When the battle was over, Lithoniel thanked the hobbit for coming. " Yes, I think we are all alright, except for some scrracthes, bruises, and cuts ".
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 03:45
Celuien was sitting on a tree stump with her head in her lap. Nahald and his friend came over to inquire.

"Oh little Hobbits. I congratulate you on this glorious victory, but I believe this is only the beginning. The leader was slaughtered. We have no way of finding out who their master was or why they attacked Buckland. Not to mention that some escaped and are probably going to bring reinforcements and renew the attack. The people of Buckland fought bravely, but I do not think they will hold of they are attacked. Come. We should help the injured and then we shall find someplace to take council."

Celuien walked up to Morwen. "I hate to be the one who had to dampen their spirits. Morwen, who do you think is behind all this? Who now has great enough power to wield this army?"
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email