Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbits' Tale
on: March 16, 2005 09:01
((I hope it's not too late for me to join...but I just liked the look of the thread and hoped I could join even so late into the story! Ellie's in the DB!))

Ellie Took had her long knife in hand, and sat upon her jet black pony, Black (or Blackie). She defended herself against the Ruffians and glared down from Black's back.

"Ye shall not take down my kin, ya bunch o' maggots and worms!!!!!!" she shouted at one of them, stabbing him as she rode up. The hobbit lass was only of 16, but was well rounded in fighting techniques. Black reared and took off with the hobbit on his back, charging through the Ruffians and taking down several as the small yet agile pony trampled over them.

Ellie looked up and stopped her pony, looking for anyone she knew...
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 01:21
As the last of the ruffians were cut down, Brannon glanced down at the blood stained battle ground and exhaled at the massive compilments of bodies. Not only ruffians, there were a few hobbits as well. Eruwest crept to his side and they both peered all about as the injured wobbled triumphantly searching for others and the uninjured slurred around in thought. 'This has to be the worst,' Brannon spoke quietly. 'of all the battles I have seen... The worst.' Eru gave a saddened nod of agreement and they split apart to help look for others in need. Once helping the injured from the field, the hard part approached and slowly they pulled the slain hobbits away from the foul corpses of the ruffian's. One hobbit after another was pulled from the wreckage and laid aside peacefully. Amongst the slain Eruwest gave a small cry and Brannon looked over before finally approaching her. 'What is...' His voice quickly silenced and his head bowed. 'He promised he wouldn't go to any battle, he p[romised.' Brannon murmered angrily to himself before looking down at the pale face of Arahm, his brother. His face remained sterm, wishing to hide all the other emotions that crashed into him. 'I made him promise he wouldn't. The liar...' Eruwest clamped a gently hand to his shoulder but he pushed away and swept the body into his arms. He shoved past Eruwest, knocking her around a bit and to where the others were being laid. The three brothers were there and Brannon gave an angry grunt towards them followed by a hard look to send them scattering away. As they left he laid Arahm down then took a seat, knees drawn up to his chest and arms wrapped around his knees.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 07:32
"Finally...." Hanna cast herself on the ground, too tired to say more. After a few minutes, the sheer exhaustion had ebbed away a little, and she sat up.

For the first time, she noticed that several hobbits were lying on the ground among the ruffians. Seeing this brought tears to she eyes, and she cried as she helped carry them away from the dead ruffians.

When Brannon saw his brother dead, Hanna was about to rush over to him. But seeing that not even Eru could console him, she stayed away. Brannon would need to be alone for a while.

After all the slain hobbits were laid gently away from the battlefield, she looked about the battlefield for her companions. The elves seemed to be taking council with eachother, and she did not wish to disturb them. But she needed someone....anyone. Someone familiar to be with. Where were Nahald, and Lithoniel?

Hanna wiped her eyes and glanced around. Seeing Lithoniel with the other hobbit, Ruby, she ran over to them. "I'm glad you're alright, Lithoniel. And you too, Ruby." She gestured over to Brannon. "He has lost someone, I'm afraid." She said quietly. "Its his brother." She wiped away new tears that trickled down. "The brother looked so young, too."
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 08:13
Thronduil looked around at the bloodied mess of the battlefield. He paced around the area looking grim, his swords still clasped in his both hands. Then from the distance came a human, in leather, riding on a brown horse....Thronduil looked up andsquinted to recognise the figure, then he knew who it was, it was one of his comrade rangers of the north carrying a scroll. Thronduil waited for the horse to stop ancd the ranger to jump down, when he did Thgronduil asked,

"Yes? A message, form who?"

"Its from Karimor, he is in Bree, he needs you, he says its urgent!"

"What? I need to stay here to help exterminate ruffian attacks!"

"You must go now, say your goodbyes and go alone!"

"So be it!"

The ranger then rode off in aim of Bree. Thronduil looked around and saw that everyone was looking up at him confused.

"You heard the man, and im no good at goodbyes so i'll see you around!"

Thronduil turned to walk off then turned around again,

"Morwen, dearest, you have replaced my duty to protect Nahald, i'll see you, not long now!"

Thronduil turned once more but found him turning around again and running to Morwen, his arms embracing her, his eyes looking deeps into hers. Thronduil then nodded forward into a short kiss.

Thronduil then turned and ran off in aim of Bree, his wolfhound Beorn following at a dittoed speed.

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by Thronduil]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:55
Ruby smiled. 'I hope you are allright too miss.' She looked at Brannon. Then she realised he was feeling the same as she had done a few years ago, when her mother had died. She got her small bag of her back and searched for something inside. 'Would any of you care for a bite of foreign food?' She pulled out some Lembas. 'One bite could fill the stumach of a full grown man, so why dont we take a few bites?' She smiled warmly.
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 10:30
Nhalad beheld the bloddy mess that was his homeland, and inspite if himself smiled. Already some h=Hobbits had started a fire and were cooking, others were smoking aand some had brought out instuments, a few murmured songs and snatches from the red book. Laughter had returned to Buckland.
But not to all of the Hobbits who dwelt there. Branon, whom Nahlad had deemed the bravests of their company, was stricken with greif, crouched over the corpse of a fallen comrade.
Nahald walked silently behind him, making no sound, for he did not wish to disturb the warrior in his grief.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 03:02
Ellie stood with her pony, devastation crossing her face at the sight of the fallen hobbits on the battlefield. She hadn't actually seen anything like this before, as she was so young afterall...

She tried to think of something happier as she looked away from the battlefield. Then came the thoughts of Peregrin Took, and his journey with the Fellowship. She smiled at the thought of her relative, and walked over to hear a tale that one hobbit was speaking of from the red book. It was part of "The Lord of the Rings" by Frodo Baggins...she had read that story so many times in her life. Ellie could never seem to put it down.

She tucked her light blue shirt into her dark blue pants and adjusted the black vest she had on. Black stood behind her, nickering curiously and seemed also to want to hear the story as the gathering of hobbits told it.

((i know...a bit o' a pointless post, isn't it?))
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 11:54
Nhald stood silently behind Brannon, lost for words. Nahald had much respect for the adventuring HObbit, and it felt strange ot see him like this, especially with all the rest of the company making merry about camp fires.
The Tooks and Brandybucks had piled the ruffians up onto a pyre, and set fire to the corpses, whereas the bodies of the Halflings had been laid peacfully in a line. There wer not many, but far more than should have been. Nahald choked at bthe sight of faces he had known since childhood, but ried to remain strong, he was Oldbuck now, and it was his duty.
He wished to console Brannon, but could not think what to do. If the situation had been reversed, with Nahald being the one struck by grief, then Brannoon would have known what to do; but Nahlad did not, untill this day, he had never seen a real battle; and he had never dreramt it would be so close to home, on his very doorstep.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 05:51
Ruby handed over a few bits of Lembas, and started to tell about the lord of the rings, though very short.
She had inherited the original book from her grandfather, but he had made a few copies, and others made copies of that, now a few families had one copy of 'The Lord Of The Rings' that was being passed on from hobbit to hobbit.
'And then Gollum bit of Frodo's finger. Frodo threw Gollum of the ledge and then realised his task was done. Sam and Frodo rushed from Mount Doom and were caught on a ledge. The Gwaihir came and picked them up. Sauron was defeated.'
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 11:22
Nahald sighed, tentaively placing a hand on Branons Shoulder.
"Much grief has been seen this day"
Branon di not reply, but keptgazing at the Hobbit in his arms. Nahald looked fro the first time and noted the similarties between the pair.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 01:25
[] -ooc- sorry haven't posted in a while, been very busy and barely been able to get on[]

Brannon sighed silently. The other hobbits were already merry making and celebrating their victory. He placed a light hand on Arahm's arm then shook his head slowly to Nahald's voice behind him. "I wish to be alone, Master Nahald. I will join the others near the fire when I am at rest.'
His lips pierced, releasing a large bundle of air and he gently laid the body down then quickly stood and shoved away from Nahald and the long line of bodies.
Brannon tossed his back against a tree trunk and slid down until he was sitting on the groound. His knees drew up to his chest and his head drooped with closed eyes. His ears closed out all the merry sounds around him, allowing him to fall away frpm the present and off to the better times.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 05:23
Lithoniel listened to the story of Frodo. She has heard it many times before, and has been fasinated by it everytime. The hobbit was eating the delicious lembas that Ruby gave her. When the story ended she said, " I'm always amazed and fasinated on what Frodo had to go through. He had to go through a lot ".
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 03:00
'Yes, he had to go through a lot, luckily Sam was there to help him. Mum still tells about him a lot, Telling me the things I can't remember about him. He was my grandfather.' She smiled and remembered the games she had played with him, the swing he made for her and the tales he had told her. 'I sure do miss him.'
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 03:17
"He left the Shire when Mistress Rose died, didn't he?" Hanna spoke up. "Did you ever find out where he went? They say he went to the Grey Havens, and took a ship into the West. It's just a rumour, but I've always fancied it was true."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 06:03
Morwen remained quiet.

"Don't worry. Thronduil will be fine. He knows how to take care of himself." Eager to change the subject, Celuien looked around what was once the fertile land of Buckland. Many Hobbit families were emerging from their hiding places and they began to look through the bodies of the dead in search of their kin. The Ruffian bodies were piled far away where they would be burned. Celuien placed her hand over her heart.

"Hiro hyn hîdh ab 'wanath." (May they find peace after death.)

Hours passed and the field was empty. All that remained were weapons and blood. Celuien was atop a tree looking at the stars. The Hobbits were on the ground dancing and singing around the fire. Their laughter and joy was contagious. Celuien just had to get down and sing with them. The song they were singing had come to an end and the Hobbits began to argue about what song to sing. Celuien decided to help them decide.

"Oh you can search far and wide,
You can drink the whole town dry,"

All eyes were on her. No elf had ever sang the Green Dragon song. She stopped. No one seemed to join in, but then an old Hobbit (Nahald's dad) picked up the next line and Celuien and the others joined in.

"But you'll never find a beer so brown,
As the one we drink in our hometown.
You can keep your fancy ales,
You can drink them by the flagon,
But the only brew for the brave and true,
Comes from the Green Dragon!"

The laughter seemed to last forever. Many Hobbits were beaming with pride because their songs had reached the lands of the Elves. Celuien rose and sat next to the older Hobbit.

"I am Celuien. What is your name?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 07:56
Brannon twitched around, fidgeting in his grassy seat before finally picking himself up again and joining with the other hobbits; but he remained silent. Eyes tilted in curiousity towards the fire while his ears remained alert on the songs.
As argueing among his folk developed, he began chuckling and shook his head stiffly. 'Just sing a bloody song!'
Just as the argueing grew louder, a song broke out and he turned sharply to find Celuien. An elf singing the Green Dragon song!
He couldn't help but laugh at it then slowly turned back to his thoughts. As others joined in the new merrymaking Brannon stood and made his way through the many crowds of hobbits until he broke free and the singing seemed far. His hands seemed sticky, blood was packed.
Brannon sat at the edge oif the river and slowly sank his hands into the cold running waters. His hands twitched at the temperature and clung together for warmth but eventually they pried themselves apart and were disposed of any trace of blood.
He slowly stood back up again, hands rubbing to dry on his trousers and he looked over his shoulder abck to the large 'camp' and smiled before setting himself against a tree watching small forms dance and sing as loud as they could.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 01:47
Ellie laughed as an elf began to sing the Green Dragon song, and joined in for the first verse, laughing as the song ended.
She then looked down and found there was blood on her black vest, and sighed.

"Lovely..." she said, a disgusted tone in her voice. She made her way over to the river and removed her vest, rinsing the bloody spot clean. She layed it out in a patch of sun and sat by the river, smiling and watching the merry-making as it continued...

((sorry it's so short! moms kicking me off.... *grumblegrumble*))
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 04:34
" Yes, that's true Hannah. It's says in the Red Book that he went to The Gray Havens I believe ", spoke up Lithoniel to Hannah. Her hobbit ears suddenly heard somebody singing. She looked and saw that it was Celuin! And elf singing a Green Dragon song? That would be kind of rare for an elf to know it. She sighed in content. The hobbit continued to watch as the hobbits danced and socialized.

She suddenly noticed that the three brothers weren't here. " I wonder where they went ", she thought. The hobbit lass also noticed that Nahald was by himself. She got up and went over to him. He seemed depressed. " Is something wrong, Nahald? ", she asked softly.
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 09:17
Nahald loked up at Lithoniel's question. He had been lost in his own thoughts.
"What? Oh sorry Miss Lithoniel, I was worlds away!"
He made an elegant bow, "And is it you require from Master Nahald, Oldbuck oof the House of Oldbucks? If it is lodgings you need, then the great smial of the Oldbucks has plenty of room, for my father Trahald is especially fond of visitors. He is the Old Hobbit talking with our elven friend, no doubt the old fellow is singing foolish songs or reciting poetry, or perhaps boastingo of his lineage, silly old fool," he said with affection.
The Hobbit lass stiffled a chuckle, as Nahald hjad been guilty of this several times on their short journy.
"No doubt in the morning Thronduil will wish to be setting of the Bree, and needless to say we shall all be accompanying him. Our own little fellowship!" He faltered for a moment, seeing Lithomiels expression, and he knew what see knew.
The Hobbits old friend had already left, without telling Nahald.
"Oh no not again."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 11:37
[Whats the nephew of your grandpa called?]
'Yes, he left for the Grey Havens. He was tired and wanted to see his old friends.' She suddenly heard the musical voice of an elf singing the Green Dragon song. Runby happily sang along with her. "But the only brew for the brave and true,
Comes from the Green Dragon!" She laughed along with the others.
'Sir Merry and Sir Pippin used to sing that all the time, I love the song!'
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 01:34
(can I play? My charactors name is Assyla)
A Hobbit girl walked over to Lithoniel and Nahald.She had brown hair and large blue eyes. When she reached them she looked at the ground. "Hullo," she said shyly to them. "I'm Assyla, and I saw you talking," Then she heard another Hobbit call her name and ran back to the group. (this is my first time to do this so I'm not sure if I'm any good, sorry)
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 02:09
She couldn't believe that they were going on another adventure to Bree. She was excited and kind of scared at the same time. " Hmmm. I've never been to Bree before. I'm sure it would be kind of exciting ", she thought. Suddenly, Lithoniel saw a young hobbit lass approaching them. " Hello. I am Lithoniel ", she replied with a smile. She saw her leave. A sigh escaped from her mouth.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 06:03
Ellie stood as soon as her vest was dry and slipped it back on. She saw Lithoniel and Nahald talking and decided she would see what the plan of action was, if there was one.

As she strode over she shoved her waved dark hair from her eyes and stepped up to them, adjusting her swordbelt.
"Hullo," she began, "I'm Ellie...Ellie Took. I...well...what happens now?"

She knew the question sounded random, but to her it didnt'...she really wanted to know what they were going to do now that the ruffians were taken care of.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 06:28
"An excellent question, Ellie." Holman said approaching the group. "What does happen now?"

"Has anyone heard news of other attacks in the Shire?" Frodo asked. "Or was that all that there was?"
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 01:59
Assyla walked back over to Lithoniel and Nahald. "I...."she trailed off. "I was wandering.....if you could tell me what's going on,"she stopped when she realized she was knotting her hair. "Well you see, my brothers and I just got back here from a trip to Bree, and we saw that our home was just ashes," she turned around so that they would not see her cry. "Could someone please tell me what happened? My brothers are talking right now, but they said they'll tell me about it later, I'm afraid they think that they are ages older than me so they should know now, but I am actually 24, so I am only 9 years younger," she looked at Lithoniel.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 04:31
Morwen sighed,she stood apart from them and watched as they sang.
she heard vaguely their questions to one another and observed the joining of the new hobbits to the group. She took in a deep breath.
"what you have to understand is that not all evil can be destroyed at once, when the ring was destroyed not every creation nof evil went with it. It will be a long difficult process to bring the Shire and any part of this land back to peace. during the wars the shire was bought to light as a land and the hobbits as an individual race. You are, unfortunately weaker then men, dwarves and elves. It is only natural that it is you who are chosen by any ruffians or orcs left as a target for them. And what happens next you ask? Is the answer not simple? the powers of evil are waning, this is the last place they now attack, and it is down to us to end their race and prevent any future evil rising again. why do you think i am dressed for war and not in the usual robes of elves."

Morwen smiled hoping that she had answered their question so they could understand. she turned away from them suddenly and a tear rolled down her cheek. she missed Thronduil dearly. "Perhaps we should head for bree?" she suggested.

ooc- SORRY!!! my computer has a major virus so i havent been able to post. Im doing this in my graphics lesson at school lol!!!
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 01:13
Brannon peeked from his spot near the tree and realized all the others were already gathered together so he quickly leapt up and rushed over in time to hear Morwen speak.
'Bree?' he whispered to himself before glancing behind him towards Eru. She was sitting near the fire, hands busy in striping the bark from a large stick.
Slowly he walked over, hands hiding in his trouser pockets before he squated down next to her. 'So, um, we are heading to Bree next and uh... you want to come with us?'
Eru lifted her head, eyes drooped wearily yet kept their warmth. 'I can't, you know that. My mum doesn't like you much as it is and if I went with you,' she sighed.' Who knows what would happen.' Brannon nodded slowly, as if he understood then slowly rose back onto his feet. 'Fine, I guess. That's great, I mean, of course you can't come. Have things to do, I understand, yes. Have fun, Eru.'
Brannon roughly shook his head then traced his steps back over to the group where he stood a stand behind the other hobbits.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 06:32
Celuien was enjoying the older Hobbit talk about his long family lineage. Everyone around her became quiet. They were all staring to a small group gathering a short distance away. The older Hobbit, who was obviously respected by all, stood up and spoke to the group.

"Do not worry my friends. They are just trying to figure out what to do about the mess those fowl ruffians did to our fair Buckland. Many of us are without homes and they are just trying to decide where you can all stay. Do not stop the music. Keep the drinks coming. We have to celebrate our victory."

Celuien excused herself and approached the group.

"Nahald, your father said we can go to your house and take council there. It is empty and we won't be bothered. This small gathering you are holding is making the Hobbits nervous. I have no idea where your home lies so lead the way."
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 02:11
Assyla walked back over to Lithoniel and Nahald. "I...."she trailed off. "I was wandering.....if you could tell me what's going on,"she stopped when she realized she was knotting her hair. "Well you see, my brothers and I just got back here from a trip to Bree, and we saw that our home was just ashes," she turned around so that they would not see her cry. "Could someone please tell me what happened? My brothers are talking right now, but they said they'll tell me about it later, I'm afraid they think that they are ages older than me so they should know now, but I am actually 24, so I am only 9 years younger," she looked at Lithoniel.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 01:25
" I'll tell you ", offered Lihoniel. " You see, some ruffians attacked Buckland and we also saw the town destroyed. " So me, Nahald, Brannon, Morwen, Celuin, and many others fought the ruffians. A lot of couragous hobbit helped us in battle ", replied Lithoniel, explaining all that happened.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 07:47
"Oh," said Assyla sadly. "I see. I was hoping it was somehow a joke, but I see that is not true," she heald her hands to her face and fell to the ground shaking with sobs. "I....I-I w-w-wasssss... g-g-g-goiiinng to-o-o-o go on aaaaaa picnic t-t-t-t-t-oday," she tried to say, but it was barely understandable. "Oh I wish I'd have stayed in Bree!" Assyla got up and ran to the river.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:40
Ruby stood up. 'If you will exuse me, I need to do something.' She was on her way to the group who helped her in the earliest of the battle, but then saw a Hobbitgirl run away, sobbing. Feeling as if she should help, Ruby followed her.
The girl was sitting on the riverbank, crying. Ruby approached slowly. She stood next to the girl, Following the river with her gaze. Then she layed a hand on the girls shoulder. 'Are you okay? Can I do anything for you?'
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:50
Assyla looked up. "I want to die," she sobbed. After a while, she stopped crying as hard. "We worked so hard on ourhouse, now it's gone, and we have nowhere to live, I don't know what to do," she looked into the water. "I wish this never happened," she looked up at Ruby and tried to smile. "Thanks for caring for me," said Assyla. "No one really ever does, especially my brothers," she looked over her shoulder at her brothers. They were talking with a friend of theirs.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 02:34
Brannon watched as Ruby comforted another hobbit near the river bed. The poor lass seemed very upset about something. Perhaps it is all that was happening. Or perhaps it was something else. His shoulders haunched with a heavy shrug and he slowly made his way over to the two, a curious glint in his eye. 'Is everything alright over here?' He murmered quietly, hands slinking into his trouser pockets- a normal nervious reaction.
He felt eyes on him and slowly looked over his shoulder to Eru. Her sharp eyes pierced through him as if knives. He could tell they were saddened, but angry. It was over. Everything they had overcome was now one large shadow. Everything they created was lost. With a heavy exhale, he turned back to the two and forced a crooked smile.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 02:55
Assyla looked up at Brannon. "Yes, I'm fine," she said, wipingnher eyes. "I've never known anyone so nice," she said to Brannon and Ruby. "Thank you," Assyla looked at the water again and heaved a big sigh. She started humming to herself and thoughts raced through her mind. "Why did we lieve? Why does this have to happen? Not after all we've been through already! What's going to happen now? Where will we stay? Will my brothers go on with their plan?" Assyla was thinking all these thoughts, but then without knowing it said them outloud. She ran her fingers through her hair and scratched her knee, she does that when in deep thought.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email