<< First56789
Author Topic:
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbits' Tale
on: April 16, 2005 10:39
'I have some Lembas, Is that hearty enough?'

"Hearty indeed. It is good to see that our customs are still alive despite the fact that most of my kin has crossed the Great Sea."

Her eyes filled with tears at the thought of those she loved so far away. She looked down at Hobbits, who's faces showed concern. She wiped away the tears and tried to put on a brave face.

"But I stayed for you and the many other people who are still preyed upon by evil. I was at the Grey Havens and my heart yearned to remain and help those I could until finally I tired of the sword and the bow and longed only for a harp and the stars. It's different here. You can't trully enjoy the beauty of the stars when you are constantly on guard for those who look to hurt you, but one day young Hobbits, you will see the splendor of the night. A night without the howls of Wargs or the destructive fires of the east or the battle cries."

" Forgive me I have trailed off once again. I welcome you Luna and I believe your name is Ruby. I advise you to gather your belongings. The day is growing short. I wonder what's keeping Nahald and the others"
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 11:54
(Sorry, Ive been away, sorry to keep you waiting!)
Nahald had awakened early, the grey light of dawn shining through the small round window. He dressed, then went to check on his father. The Old Hobbit lay sleeping, a contented smile on his face. Nahald was sadened at leaving him agaain, but new his responsibilities.
He paused outside the guestroom door, but decided against checking within, hurriedly he left the hole by aa side dor.
Purposefully he strode to the Old Forest. It seemed Dark and Ominous in the grey light. The trees creaked and groaned, "They are talking to each other," Nahald jumped, startled. Morwen stood behind him, a soft light seemed to come from her, but perhaps that was just a trick of the eye in this shadowy time. She turned to face towards the trees, and NAhald could tell she wished for no futher conversation. His stomach growled, and he headed for home.
"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'VE BEEN?" was not the greeting Naahald would have wished, but it is nonetheless what he received when he entered his living room.
"Erm, out?" he replied pitifully
"Out, OUT! Iv'e been waiting here for you since dawn! NOw make yourself useful and fetch us some breakfast, we have a long journy ahead"
Without a word, Nahald scuttled to the safety of the kitchen, away from Lithoniel, who had obviously been waiting for some time. "This is worse than having my mother back, he grumbled while making fourteen slices of toast.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 11:37
In the morning, Reginard and Holman awoke. They had slept near the river where they had had dinner the night before. Frodo was still asleep.

Holman: *whisper* Should we?

Reginard: *whisper* Absolutely.

Holman and Reginard slowly lifted their little brother, careful not to wake him, carried him over to the river, and tossed him in. Frodo thrashed around in the water and then stood up and glared at his brothers who were rolling in laughter.

Holman: We thought maybe you could catch us some breakfast!
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 03:17
Brannon roughly shook his head and watched as Holman and Reginard shoved the youngest, Frodo into the river then jested at him. Smirking, he stood up and crept behind the two. Snickering, he gave a loud whistle and the two hobbits both jumped and yelped, startled. He then shoved the two into the water and stood in smiling domination on the river shore.

'Keep an eye on your back,' he adviced before helping Frodo from the waters and leaving the other two. 'It is good advice, I suggest you remember it.'
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 05:30
Reginard and Holman glared at Brannon for a moment, then started laughing. They had to admit, Brannon got them good. They climbed out of the water and started a fire to dry off.

Holman: So, when do we head out?
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 04:23
Oh, I am Luna Baggins, my brothers and I were on a trip to Bree, and we came back to see all this. So I don't want to stay anymore, I will be going with you if that sn't a problem."

"Ah, so you're a Baggins too?" Hanna said happily. "That makes two of us on this journey, Luna! I'd be glad to have you with us."

As Nahald scurried out of the kitchen with a platter of taost, she took one and thanked him. "We should probably leave now," she said. "I have everything I need, so I'm ready to go!"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 06:49
Luna smiled at Hanna. "Yes, I'm a Baggins. And I'm very glad to meet another one! It's very nice to meet you...uh.." she said.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:44
ooc: sorry ive bin weighed down with school work. role play is goin very well tho!!!! yey 4 us guyz!!

Morwen walked ip behind Nahald and watched him making his food. She tipped her head to one side and she cudnt have eaten if she wanted to.

"Nahald " she said, causing the hobbit to jump" i am sorry, Thronduil asked me to protect you but i have hardly spoken i word to you. The group grows, safety in numbers you may say, but many of these hobbits are still children and have never held a blade. i do not wish to offend them but you must understand the burden on my shoulders, to get so many, in excess of 12 through the old forest! in such places it is better to go swiftly in small groups for there are things in that old wood that even i do not understand."

She paused and started putting on her black armour, buckling her sword to her waist, her axe on hr back and deadly knives strapped to her thighs.

Morwen caught a reflection of herself in the mirror as she did this.
" Why am i such a vision of darkness Nahald? why must i be plagued with black hair when a common wood elf who is with us gets gold! Ahhhhh..... now i speak as if i am evil, i lose my temper so quickly Nahald. i would never speak ill of my kin, especially one such as Celuien who has fought beside me. I long for thronduil to be back with us. i have not been able to speak for the torment inside me at his leaving. i love him but i am in turmoil as i anger when he leaves me. Promise me one thing Nahald, do not let me be silent anymore, do not let this suffering build up to the point where i insult my friends and kin. Talk to me and never leave me alone for i fear myself and my rage can show my..... well my more powerful but slightly less pretty side"

with that she reached forward and stole a piece of his toast, munching on it she said to him with a note of laughter in her voice,

" theres no time for eating!! YOU got up to late, out of that door NOW!!!

Morwen laughed as it remided her of the start of a certain bilbo bagginses first adventure!
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 08:18
Nhald hurried out of his house, wihtout even so much as a pocket handkerchief, and arrived (out of breath) where his companions had gathered.
Facing the Old Forest.
Nahald haad entered inot its depths once in his life, as a dare; but had found he rather felt he liked the place; at least when the sun shined on it. But it was frightfully...treeish.
"Well my friends, off we go!" was the best he could manage as an inspirational speech.
Young Frodo looked to him "Off, where to?"
A grin spread across Nhalds guileless face. "Why master HObbit, There and BAck again!"
And so he walked into the Forest, and the trees closed above him, blocking out the outside world.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 11:24
(ok way to many hobbit references just kidding )

The Greenhands gathered with the others at the edge of the old forest.

Nahald: Well my friends, off we go!

Frodo: Off, where to?

Nahald: Why master hobbit, there and back again.

Frodo gave Nahald an odd look.

Holman: I dont know about that, I have heard stories of the Old forest and if any of them are true, we may not even get "there."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 02:54
I dont know about that, I have heard stories of the Old forest and if any of them are true, we may not even get "there."

"If you only knew the full tale. This trees, like many trees in Middle Earth, have been wronged, much like you have these last days. People come to the homes of these ancient trees and take what they can, never caring about the harm they cause. You must understand their anger. I know all of you were outraged because those Ruffians came and attacked you. The Hobbits and the Trees have many things in common, but the trees have had to deal with these attacks for centuries and with time their anger and hate grew. Now they are feared instead of loved. It will be a perilous journey through, but hopefully they will let us pass."

The Hobbits looked around, as if afraid the trees would swallow them whole.

"If it makes you feel any better, I am just as scared as you."
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 03:50
Luna shivered. "I don't want to go in there, we might never come out!" she said, getting up. Then she walked over to Ruby. "Do we really have to go in there?" she asked, pulling her hair out of her face.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 04:37
Brannon napped back into the present, eyes wandering about in weary ways. Where did everyone go? His brain scram. But then, near the Old Forest, voices echoed and he quickly stumbled over. "I don't want to go in there, we might never come out! Do we really have to go in there?"
He gave a small smile then walked beside Luna. 'Yes, of course you do. You did say you wanted to prove your brothers wrong, didn't you?' He smiled even wider and gave a light nod towards the trees. 'Everyone else is just as scared. Don't worry, we won't ley nothin' happen to you.'
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 04:59
Luna swallowed and started shaking as she lookied at the dark forest. "Yes...I did. But I don't want to go in there," she said. Luna watched everyone start to walk towards it slowly. She edged her way forwards. It was dark, and made strange noises. Luna walked between Brannon and Ruby, holding to Ruby's hand. "Ruby, how deep does this forest go?" she asked in a frightened voice.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 05:59
"If it makes you feel any better, I am just as scared as you."

Holman: No, it doesnt make me feel any better. Frankly it makes me feel worse. And I dont care who wronged who first, it doesnt make the journey any less dangerous.

Reginard: I'm with you, just the thought of going in there makes my blood curdle.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 07:12
'Brannon is right, Luna.' Ruby said and she smiled at him. "Ruby, how deep does this forest go?" Luna asked frightened. The girl grabbed Ruby's hand. Ruby squeezed it softly for a second, to make Luna sure she was in safe hands. 'It will probably take half a day, maybe a whole if we dont get lucky. But we'll get out safely. Just keep all the weapons sheathed and we wont get hurt. And if something does goes wrong, always keep Tom Bombadil's song in mind.'
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 04:03
Brannon watched the two hobbit lasses walk ahead and he slumped off behind him. The trees whispered silently, their wise conversations only to be heard in weary creaks and moans of heavy burdenious years. The hobbit drew himself to a slowed halt and his eyes danced upwards towards an old tree. It's branches dangled in a limp fashion over its heavy gray trunk bent with age. It released long hollow groans whispering of the good days when no one breed would interfere with their beautiful homely forests; save the elves of course.

Longer and longer he stared until, many minutes later, he snapped to the present. Where had everyone gone? His eyes darted about madly, fear making them shine in broad strokes. 'Luna?' he called aloud. 'Ruby?' The tree groaned again behind him and rose a large stringy branch. The creaking of the branch was far more frightening then the tree's voice itself.

He shivered frightfully and whimpered the other's names under his breath. The branch creaked slung itself backwards then lurched forward, striking the hobbit in a sharp whipping motion across the back. Brannon gave a mighty loud yell and ran forward, tears streaming in pain down his cheeks. Eventually he caught up to the others and slowed himself, his breath heavy and choked. 'I want out of here... now. Right now.' His back ached, stinging with the heavy leathery branches hit.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 11:55
Hanna reluctanly stepped into the dark, stifling Old Forest. Brannon, Luna, and Ruby had gone in first. She tried to stay close to Nahald, Frodo, Reginard, and Holman so as not to get separated in the dark forest.

As she entered, the air became tighter and denser. It was so quiet Hanna could hear herself breathing. She tried to say something cheerful, but it died on her lips. She couldn't bring herself to say anything; it was as if the trees forbade it. She glanced around at the angry-looking trees. Please don't be angry at me! She felt like saying. I haven't done anything wrong!

Hanna realized she had fallen a bit behind the others, so she hurried to catch up. Hopefully, if they hurried, they would not be in the forest for more than a day's journey.
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 11:57
Despite everything, Nahald felt quite cheerful. This was not his first time in the forest; he had often entered on dares as a child and had each time come ot unscathed.
Nahald did not know why the trees seemed more comfortable with his presence than that of the others. He did not trip as much as Frodo and Holmon, he was not struck like Brannon had been, he did not losehis way as Ruby and some of the others did.
It was not he felt safe, he had deep respect for the forest and the power there; but it was not oppressive. Just frightfully treeish.
He noticed that Celuin and Morwen were also not afffected as the Hobbits were; and often they would stop, as if listening. Nahald loved plants,not just pipeweed but all growing things; and he wished he could talk with the trees as the elves did. Maybe one day he would learn.

Nahald looked around, was that just the wind, or was it a voice

Nahald took a few seps in the direction of the voice, mesmerised

Slowly, Nahald led his small party of followers along the stream, following the song.
Into the Withywindle.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 07:50
[Ruby lost her way? how? what? What did I miss?]

Ruby grabbed Luna's hand tightly and ran back to Brannon's voice. 'Get away from there, stay with the others.' She said quietly, not to disturb the trees. They went back to the others.
Ruby looked at everyone, to make sure they were all allright and had not been attacked like Brannon had been. Just then she noticed Nahald looking around and started to walk away silently.
Nobody else noticed, they were all impressed by the trees, and the elves were having a cheerful conversation.
'Luna, stay with Brannon, I'll be right back.' She walked towards Brannon and whispered in his ear: 'There's something with Nahald. I'm going to follow him. If I don't return in ten minutes, warn the others and come after me.'
Brannon nodded and Ruby rushed off in the direction Nahald had gone.
She saw his figure walking on a log that lay across a stream. She followed him and caught up with him slowly. Suddenly there was a rustle in the trees, not an ordinary one, and the trees were creaking. Ruby looked at the trees around her. Something was happening. When she looked back at Nahald, he was gone...

She ran to where she saw him the last and looked around again. Where was he? 'Nahald! Where are you!' Ruby yelled. she heard a faint voice shout something in the distance, and Ruby ran in that direction. 'NAHALD?!' and again a shout, but again from a distance away. She kept running and shouting. She grew tired but kept running, until she fell over a treeroot and scrambeled to her feet. Again she looked around. She was lost and scared, searching for her friend. She began to run again and she shouted. From somewhere close she heard Nahald call: 'HERE!' but she fell again and lost her concious.

[she is LOST longer than ten minutes, just so you know Brannon?]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 11:32
[ Gotcha Ruby!]

Brannon watched Ruby run off after Nahald. The stinging on his back was starting to lessen into a light tickle. Silently he gazed towards Luna and gave a nervious smile. How was he supposed to tell ten minutes apart from the minutes? Every minute felt as if hours long. Ooh boy, what a mess this was. So, to stay as close to ten minutes as he could, he counted under his breath. "One-onethousand...two-onethousand..." The minutes soon counted up to ten minutes. Ten long devastating minutes and still no sign of Ruby! Where was she?
He gave no warning as instructed; save to Luna. 'Stay close to the others, you hear me? Yes? Don't worry, I'll find her.' He smiled in a frightened little way then took into the tres wher Ruby had gone. 'Ruby?!' His voice seemed to do nothing but ounce off the trees. "Ruby, where are you?" It seemed like hours that he was stumbling around the forest floor, eyes wide with a new found fright, hands trembling at every crinkle and sound.
"Ruby?!" He gave a loud yell this time then PLOP! He fell over then quickly picked himself back up again. His eyes pondered thoughtlessly then slowly drifted down to what he had tripped over. Ruby. Ruby! 'Ruby?...' He knelt down next to her then carefully rolled the unconsious victim over so he could at least see her face. He shook her softly at first but then allowed it to roughen harshly. With still no stir, he scrambled to snatch his partially empty flask from his side. Clumsily, he pulled the top off and poured its contents all over the poor hobbits girl.
Success! Ruby flickered her eyes for a moment, trying to find her own thought and place of lying. Brannon couldn't help but release a soft laugh of relief. "Ruby? Are you a'right? What hap'nd? Did you trip o'er some'ing?" Question after question spilt from his lips, it was a tthing most anyone would do if they had stumbled over her, Right?
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 05:01
Luna nodded and watched as Ruby ran off into the woods. She shivered and moved closer to Brannon. "Do you know where she's going?" she asked him, but he was too busy counting to hear her.

Ten minutes later Brannon finally stopped counting.
'Stay close to the others, you hear me? Yes? Don't worry, I'll find her.' he said then took to the trees. Luna walked closer to the group, frightened. She put her knuckles in her mouth and looked at the ground as she walked, not wanting to look into the trees. "Where have they gone?" she thought.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 07:09
Slowly, Nahald led his small party of followers along the stream, following the song.
Into the Withywindle.

Nahald suddenly stopped, causing Hanna to bump into him. "Whoa! Warn me next time you randomly stop on the path, will you Nahald?"

"Why have we stopped?" Came a question from Frodo in the rear. Nahald appeared to not have hear them, turning his head left to right as if listening to something.

"Do you hear that?" He whispered. Hanna raised an eyebrow. "Here what?" But he did not answer.

"Okay then..." Hanna turned around to see if everyone else were still with them. They were, and obviously no one else had heard the mysterious voice that called Nahald. Not even the elves. In fact, the elves were talking about the wonder of the trees and how beutiful everything was. "Elvish nonsense," thought Hanna. "I love trees, but these particular ones are anything but lovely..."

Nevertheless, Hanna was captivated by what the elves said. She figured she could use this time as a rest from the tiring journey, so she sat on the ground and listened. After a while, she looked around and noticed Nahald and Ruby had both disappeared. Luna stood looking anxious on the edge of their camp, while Brannon strode away into the trees.

She stood up and went to Luna. "Where is Brannon going? And where are Ruby and Nahald?" When Luna explained how Nahald had left and Ruby had gone to look for him, then Brannon had gone to look for her, Hanna shook her head.

"We shoudn't have individual search parties like this! One by one we'll all get lost! We have to tell the elves, then we can all go out together to look for the missing ones."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 11:44
(hey all, I will not be able to post for quite a long time, so could you please take care of the Greenhands while I am gone? I will try to get a post in when I am able. Thanks )
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 01:29
Brannon stared miserably at Ruby then at the sorrounding trees. Where had he gotten himself? He had no bloody idea where he was! Nor Ruby! He cursed mindlessly and slumped heavily on his knees.
"I know I came from that way,' he blurted aloud then clumsily stood, eyes alight with a pondering look while Ruby sat in a hard silence. "Do you know where to go?"
Ruby heaved her shoulders and took a sharp intake of breath before shaking her head and replying a soft, sorrowful no. Ooh, his stupidity would surely be trouble this time. Running off alone for an independant search. Stupid. Very stupid. He then cursed at himself and slumped back onto the ground.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 01:45
Morwen walked amongst the trees humming to her self
she guessed that the rest of the group was ahead with Celuien.
she hummed as she walked then a crack ahead of her made her stop.
she stood still and listened. Noises were coming from different directions. the hobbits had split up, Morwen groaned then through her head back shouting.
" Foolish hobbits!!! if you hear me come towards the sound of my voice"
Morwen sighed and waited, trust hobbits to get lost in their own part of middle earth!!
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 02:33
" Foolish hobbits!!! if you hear me come towards the sound of my voice"

"They have split up? Tis' the song. The Withywindle has ensnared them with her song. It is likely that they will not hear you. We must go to the River. Her song has probably led them to her banks, but we must hurry before she drowns them." They ran through the dense forest in search of any Hobbits yells or the gurgling of the river. The canopy of the branches made it difficult for any , save the Elves, to see ahead of them. Morwen l"ed the small band and Celuien was in the rear, trying to herd the Hobbits down the right path.

"This is stupid." She stopped and rummaged through her bag. " Here" She handed one of the Hobbits a phial filled with a liquid.

"This is the last of the Light of Earendil. You must say the incantation. I cannot remember it at the top of my head, but it won't work unless you say it."
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 03:06
Morwen heard Celuien and saw her pul out the phial.
She smiled and called" My knowledge is not so good as it was but the incantation you look for i believe is:

'A Elbereth Gilthoniel
o menel palan-diriel,
le nallon si di'nguruthos!
A tiro nin, Fanuilos!'

correct me if i am wrong though. languages and history have always been one of my weaker points'

Morwen turned and carried on walking, she bowed her head and stared at the ground searching for tracks of hobbits.

" keep strong in heart, we must go deeper into the forest towards the river inorder to find the others"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 12:02
He grumbled underneath the light whisps of his breath. They couldn't just stay here and wait for help to come to them! They would probably have to meet them halfway or perhaps, if possible, all the way.
Grunting, he stood then helped Ruby up to his side. Her stabability was still rather wobbily so he held tightly onto her. "Now, I came from... that way..." A very educated guess but who knows. He lead her through the trees, being sure to help her over the boulders and various outstretching roots until they finally stumbled over the river. It's sound drowned all out, it seemed. He released her for the slightest moment, knelt, scooped a drink, drank, then stood back up to hold onto Ruby.
"Um... that way, I think." He followed his own invisible path but aong the way stopped. There was a light sound of voices ahead. They sounded awefully familiar. Perhaps it was them. He hatened his pace but was sure to keep a firm grasp on Ruby to keep her from falling over. They emerged through an entanglement of trees and success! There stood the group!

He smiled in relief then helped lower Ruby onto the ground. "See, I told you I could find it." He laughed and looked up only to have athat smile harshly wiped off by an encore of angry faces.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 09:49
Brannon's cheeky grinning face appeared through the bushes and he walked into the clearing with Ruby looking extremely satisfied with himself.
Morwen swooped forward and slapped him on the back of his head,
" You are a fool Brannon and a disgrace to your family, not only do you wonder from the path without telling anyone but you drag poor Ruby with you! Let the pain you feel be a lesson to you!"

Morwen turned away and nodded to the others to indicate that they should continue. Then she felt sorry for Brannon, her temper was not in her own control. turning back to him she picked him up and carried him on her back.

" forgive me Brannon, but there is still Nahald to find and i grow anxious, if only Thronduil were here! he is the best tracker of all of us!"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 01:02
The slap to the back of his stung and he sadly looked up to Morwen as she spoke." You are a fool Brannon and a disgrace to your family, not only do you wonder from the path without telling anyone but you drag poor Ruby with you! Let the pain you feel be a lesson to you!"

The words hurt much worse than the slap. Disgrace to his family?... He stifled back the tears and sent towards the ground a hard stare. He hadn't dragged Ruby along with him! He went to find her! Unfair. Why was he being blammed for it? Curse her. Not not just her. Curse them all.

Before he knew Morwen was reapproaching him. Great, probably just going to scold me some more. Maybe another good smack... But she didn't. Morwen merely lifted him onto her back and continued along the path. " forgive me Brannon, but there is still Nahald to find and i grow anxious, if only Thronduil were here! he is the best tracker of all of us!"

He remained silent, eyes still concentrated on the ground but after a while he murmered. "Yes, sure. I forgive you." A total lie. Truth was, he had lost all trust in the group from that moment. It would take a while.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 01:43
[sorry, had no connection to internet for a few days.]

Ruby could say nothing but 'no', and 'that way'. Luckily Brannon still had his wits with him and guided her back to the river. 'But what about Nahald?' She muttered quietly.
While Brannon was talking she turned back with that thought. There was something pulling her back towards that spot where she had heard Nahald for the last time.
Her pace quickened. It took her a long time to notice she was actually running. She called Nahald again. There was a sound but it could aswell be an animal. Nonetheless she went that way.
She called Nahald again. She yawned and slowed down. She was beginning to feel quite tired, while she had a good nights sleep. It was probably just the thick air. She called Nahald again. Sudeny he sounded very close. She walked to him. She could see him. He was lying onthe ground. She sat down beside him. She yawned again and fell asleep, just like Nahald was... Asleep.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 03:33
Morwen felt Brannon's anger, she could sense the group falling apart. Approaching the river she noticed two small sleeping bulges on the far bank. She peered through the gloom at them. The realisation hit her,
" Look on the bank, Ruby and Nahald slumbering. We must cross the river and wake them"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 02:16
[owww, poor brannon... but ruby did tell him to warn the others. But still...]

Ruby felt something on her face. It was not comfortable.
Let me sleep! I deserve sleep afterall... We all deserve sleep. Especially after yesterday's battle.
But it wasnt going away and Ruby woke up slowly. She wiped the thing off her face. She closed her eyes but then she felt something on her cheek again. She wiped it away but it tickled her cheek again. She opened her eyes and sat up. Stupid twig.
She looked beside her but she couldnt see Nahald. 'What the?... Nahald?' A sudden creaking of the tree behind her back made her look up. Two feet were dangling not far above her. She yelled and began climbing the tree. 'Let go of him!' She yelled at the tree and she climbed on the branch wich held Nahald. She grabbed Nahald and moved closer to the end of the branch. She knew that it could break more easily on the end. She jumped on it and a terrifying creaking made her shiver. The branch let go of Nahald, wich caused Ruby to lose her balance and she fell down with him.
She groaned and stood up as quick as possible. She dragged Nahald out of range of the tree and 'carried' him closer and closer to the black dots that were their friends. It didnt feel good to be in the forest anymore.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 05:44
Morwen put Brannon down and peered through the trees. "Look, Ruby has found Nahald", she said runnind forward to lift Nahald up, she offered him a drink saying

" lets give him time to wake up, now, who wants to turn back and get out of this place and travel by roads, and who wants to carry on, but further away from the river banks?"
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email