Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbits' Tale
on: April 03, 2005 12:15
Thronduil had now ran quite a distance, it was impossible for even a elf so determined to catch him up. Thronduil's spontaneous speed was only reserved for his work, because it was his work as a ranger that he loved more than any other thing or person, and he knew he would meet Morwen again.

As he ran he unrolled the scroll to read it, it said:

Thronduil,

You may not be aware, but ruffians have again started to invade the Shire, they are coming from the south lands, led by the men of the Haradrim. This attack is also supported by the remaining Corsairs. The links between the ruffians, haradrim and corsairs are not of money but of actual friendships, after the same losses of their ancestors at the battle of pleanor fields. They fight in revenge.

Rumours tell they take alot of slaves, who work for them to build more corsair ships, battle engines, weponary and armour. They are planning to take over the shire in a tactifical move so they can later attack the greater empires such as Rohan, and even of Aragorn's kingdom in a pincer attack.

Their leader still is unknown but they fight under a banner of midnight blue with a yellow gibbous moon.

I have told you lots, Thronduil, but i still have more to tell you in Bree, so i will see you soon.

Karimor

Ps: Dispose of this scroll in the usual fashion of men of the north.

Thronduil took from his side the bottle of alcohol, took a sip, rolled the scroll tightly and poked it into the bottle, leaving a little reamining piece of the partchement showing. He then stopped and with haste rubbed flint to flint over the dry grass. The grass set alight, so Thronduil quickly stamped around the fire, just so one blade of grass glowed yellow, he then lit the partchment and threw it high above a small ditch, it exploded, it's ashes and glass fragments falling into the murky water. Thronduil then stamped out the glowing grass, checked that no readable pieces of the scroll were visible and ran on, Beorn again following.

Thronduil thought to himself, 'exploding missiles.....why weren't they used in past battles? It's a waste of alcohol, but does give a Gandalf amount of punch!'
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 05:36
Ruby smiled and sqeezed the shoulder of the girl tightly. 'I am sure we'll figure something out. Houses can be rebuilt, friendships renewed. Though many are dead you wont be without friends. I am sure this will bring people together and make strong bonds. Not all houses are gone and those who still have theirs probably won't be so mean to keep those who dont out of their house.' She looked at Brannon and smiled. At least he did care.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 07:59
Assyla smiled at Ruby. "Thanks," she said. But what she really wanted to do was travel, to get away from the Shire. "Are you going to go somewhere other than the Shire soon?" she asked. "I just don't think I could stay here any more, I need to get away," she looked at Brannon. "Are you going to stay here?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 08:14
"Are you going to stay here?" Alyssa asked of himand without even a thought or a blink of an eye, he shook his head. 'No. I plan on leaving ths place as soon as we are all finally ready and refreshed.' It must have seemed strange. Most hobbits would never even think of leaving the Shire, none usually like to venture out to where they don't know but Brannon liked it. There was no reason to stay in the Shire. Not anymore.
'Why don't you come along, Alyssa. I'm sure you would enjoy it.' He outreached his arm and offered her a hand.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 08:31
Assyla took took his hand. "Yes, I do want to come with you, I want to get away from here, I want to froget about the Shire," Brannon pulled her up and she stared at him. "I want to forget about all that's happened," she whispered. Assyla looked at Ruby. "Can I come with you?" she asked. "I'll go anywhere you go, I can help carry things, and I can cook," she said. "I won't be a problem, please let me go," Assyla said as she walked towards her borthers. "I'll go tell my brothers, they will be glad to get rid of me," she looked down sadly and walked over. "I'm going with Ruby and Brannon and the others, away from the Shire forever," she told them. "I want to go, don't try to stop me. Her brothers just shrugged, thinking it was a joke. "Sure, go ahead Assyla, we won't stop you," said the eldest. Shocked, and sad, Assyla walked back over to Ruby and Brannon. "Ok, I'm going with you," she said quietly. "When do we go?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 02:14
Brannon gave a grim nod. 'No one will object with your coming as long as you are aware of some of the dangers ahead.' He then watched as she went off and informed her brothers of her desicion. Expecting them to beg her to stay, he was shocked to find them not even give her a pleading or worried glance. His eyes lowered as she returned."Ok, I'm going with you," she said quietly. "When do we go?"
'As soon as the others are prepared to leave,' another glance was given away to the brothers, all standing and laughing amongst themselves. Then a look back to Alyssa. The pained look in her eyes glinted in the sunlight and he could not contain himself. With a huff of breath, he turned from the two and walked to the brothers who stopped their laughing just so they could give a warning look to Brannon.
'You are aware of your sister leaving the Shire?'
'Of course,' the eldest laughed. 'But she will come back. She never has enough to go past the boundaries of the Shire.'
'She's not kissing this time. There is no coming back for her save if there is a real emergency.'
The eldest just scoffed and nudged the one to his left. 'Okay, whatever you day but just watch; sh will get too scared and you will have to guide her ALL the way back here and it will just be a burden to you.'
'She wouldn't turn back. She wouldn't be a burden.'
'How's that exactly?'
Just to make them even angrier Brannon replied with a broad smile. 'Because she's will me and she knows I will take care of her always.' Of course he was lying but the redness in the brother's faces noted that they didn't know. 'Have a lovely rest of the day... gentleman...' he smirked at them then slipped back over to Alyssa and Ruby.
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 03:24
Lithoniel sighed, and wondered when they were all going to leave for Bree. She looked at Nahald and asked, " So when are we leaving for Bree? ". The hobbit waited for an answer. They will all probably have to take a night or two's rest.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 10:32
Assyla smiled widely at Brannon. "Thanks," she said. "But they'lle never care if I come back or not, they never liked me. They were always jealouse of me because mom and dad liked me best. Then they died, and they" she cocked her head towards her brothers,"had to take care of me, but they never got over their jealousy. Basically I've had to take care of myself all these years," she sighed. "Oh well, we better get some rest, if we're going tomorrow," Luna layed herself on the soft grass and shut her eyes. "Goodnight," she whispered.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 11:01
'Goodnight,' Brannon whispered limply, watching Alyssa's closed eyes for a moment then took a bothered gl;ance to Ruby. 'You had better get some rest too.' His head bowed to her and he turned and walked back to where he had placed all of his things, including Hir who was lazily lying on the ground, his large nose nuzzled into the grass.
Brannon sat and leaned back against Hir's large stomach and mentally began to hum an old song.
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 10:59
Nahald considered Lithoniels question for some time, then looked as the members of the party began to lay down to rest. Morwen had removed her many weapons, and sat in the trance which Elves can use to replace sleep. Celuin stood nearby, also waiting for an answer. Nhald wished he could leave immediately, he was sure that answers would be found in Bree, and did not wish to delay. He looked at Lithoniel. She was bloodied and tired from the battle, as was he. Perhaps they should rest, just one night.
"Very well. We sahll all stay and rest this night, and rise before dawn to head for Bree. Perhaps it would be quickest if we passed under the eaves of The Old Forest?" He could tell Lithoniel did not like this idea, so he turned to Celuin, "Perhaps the forest will be to your liking? It is very old, perhaps as old as Fangorn. I suspect that they are in fact one and the same, merely the remainders of a once great wood which covered the world. But you would know beter me, Lady."
Hesitantly, he took Lithoniel's arm "Come, we shall eat and drink and clean the worries of batle from us!" Nahald raised his voice so all could here, "Tonight you are my guests, but in nthe morrow I will leave you all. Rory will take charge, and I'm sure he will do a much a better job than I would!" the assembled Hobbits laughed, and called 'three cheers for Rory' all obliged willingly.
"Come," Nahlad said, leading Lithoniel away, "I will show you to my home, where you can rest this night so tht we are fresh for the morning, and the start of a new adventure!"
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 11:56
Lithoniel listened to him. True, she did not like his idea of going into the Old Forest. There were many tales from other hobbits that the forest was haunted. " Oh well. We are taking that way anyway. At least we get a day's rest though ". The hobbit once again heard Nahald's voice. He was making a sppech to all of the other hobbits, a very good speech. After the speech was done, Nahald began to talk to her.

Come. I will show you to my home, where you can rest this night so that we are fresh for the morning, and the start of a new adventure!. She nodded and followed Nahald to his house. The hobbit began thinking about their journey towards Bree.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 09:39
Assyla woke late in the night. She sat up and looked around her. She saw the sleeping Brannon and smiled. "He's so nice to me,"she thought. Assyla then looked over at Ruby. "She's just as nice,"she thought again. Assyla looked at the slow moving river and laid back down. She turned her head towards the stars and sighed. "This is my last night here in the shire," she said aloud, not realizing how loud her voice was. She heard someone move and looked at Brannon. She saw him turn over then snore loudly. It was all she could do to keep from laughing. Finally, Assyla fell back to sleep.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 11:01
Brannon rolled over in his sleep, hands clutching underneath at the grass. His eyes squinted a bit and he gave a rather loud, embarassing snort. In what seemed hours later, he jolted upright; heart pounding and sweat drizzling. A quick and cautious glance was given back to the camp area and he slowly relaxed as the loud breathing of Hir echoed in the silent air.
He strambled onto his feet, heart finally calm again and began to walk. Just walk. No where in particuliar. It didn't matter much.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 04:00
Luna woke to the sound of movement in the grass. She looked where Brannon had been and saw no one. Curious, she started following him. She hid behind a bush sometimes, and sometimes a tree, keeping out of sight. She didn't know what he was up to, but she was determined to find out.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 12:08
[Just are reply to the girls questions before:]

'Offcourse you can join. I do not wish to linger here aswell. I want to get away from here. This was just a bit too much for me.' The girl smiled happily and thanked both Brannon and Ruby.

An hour later Ruby was sleeping close to Assyla. She felt like she had to protect the younger hobbit. It was probably because she had a younger sister. A few years back she still cared for her but then she got married and moved out. Now Ruby was living all by herself in that big house.
(i have no idear what happens with brannon so i wont jump to the next morning just yet.)
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 10:38
Brannon walked a little ways then back to Hir and went to sleep. Assyla walked back to Ruby and fell beside her. Finally, she fell asleep. (Ok we can go to the next day now lol)
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 11:16
The next day, Lithoniel woke up bright and early. She rested at Nahald's house in a guest bed. She yawned and stretched her arms. " That was a long night last night ". She got off the bed and walked around the house. She wondered where Nahald was. " I guess I'll wait in the living room for him ", she thought. The hobbit walked to the living room and sat on a chair, waiting for Nahald.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 12:26
A yawn broke Brannon away from sleep and he quickly sat up and took a long look around. Hir looked up, a grumpy glint in the pony's eye. 'Ah, go back to bed if yer going to be grumpy this morning,' Brannon grunted, staggering onto his feet, being sure to to step on any of the sleeping forms gathered everywhere.
Another yawn shook him and he crept over to a nearby river and took a weary seat on the shore. His eyes seemed to be staring far off at a distant nothing while his fingers clung stupidly to the earth. The rays of the sun stung his eyes and he quickly clenched them until they felt ready enough for such a light. Once again, his eyes opened and once again they looked down at the rushing water and yet seemd so far away. 'Man agorech?' the hobbit silently murmered to himself then stifled another yawn.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 02:41
Luna woke, sat up, and stretched. The sun was just peeking over the clouds and there were a few bird singing. Luna's cheeks were pink from sleep and her eyes shimmered. She looked over at Brannon when she heard him speak. "What did you say?" she asked. She walked towards him and sat beside him. cupping her hands, she dipped them into the water and took and drink, then spitting it out again. "It's nasty!" she said as she made a bitter face. Luna pulled her hair back and tied it with a piece of cloth she had taken from her pocket. "I'll go get us something to eat," Luna got up and walked away.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 05:25
Brannon jumped and quickly whirled around to see Luna. 'Nothing.' He hesitantly watched as the hobbit lass took a seat next to himand began to dip her cupped hands into the river and draw the water up to her lips. Quickly he raised a hand in warning to her of the water but it was too late. She'd already gulped it into her mouth and was already spitting it out. 'Nasty, isn't it?' he chuckled quietly before silencing himself. "I'll go get us something to eat," Luna aid then got up and walked away.
Brannon's eyes followed her for a moment and then glanced down at the now calm waters. His reflection was gurgled, deformed. He roughly shook his head and stood up and began following behind Luna.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 09:03
(ok sorry I'm used to being Luna, so she'll be Luna lol sorry again) Luna got some food, turned around, and nearly dropped the food she was holding as she bumped into Brannon. "Oops!" she yelled, juggling the food. She finally caught it and let out her breath. "Ok, you'll have to eat this, ther's nothing else," she said as she handed him a moldy slice of bread. Luna walked back to the river bank and sat down. She tried to eat a slice of bread, but choked on it. "I can't eat this," she said with tears in her eyes. She threw the bread in the river and watched as it floated away. Luna walked toRuby and sat down beside her. She looked over at her brothers who were laughing with their friends. "Are we leaving today?" asked Luna sadly.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 11:34
"Well what are we to do now?" Holman asked his brothers.

Frodo: Find some food. I'm starving.

The three of them saw Luna throw a piece of bread into the river and their jaws dropped. The three of then scrambled to the river and waded in, dunking eachother in the process. Just before they reached the bread a large fish ate it. The three sadly trudged out of the water. Suddenly Frodo started shaking violently.

Holman: What is it?! What's wrong?

Just then a fish flopped out of Frodo's pant leg and wriggled around on the ground. Reginard and Holman burst into laughter and scrambled to grab the fish before it made it to the water. It was Frodo who finally caught it by stabbing it with his dagger. "Who's laughing now boys? I'll let you have a bite if you guys start the fire." Holman and Reginard shook their heads and started collecting wood.
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 01:45
Brannon jumped as Luna turned back around. It was not suspected to happen, or to him it wasn't and he nerviously fiddled with the piece of bread she gave him. The mold snatched onto his fingers but he was quick to wipe it off on the sides of his trousers. 'Nasty buggers.'
Slowly he began munching on the stiff piece of bread, trying to ignore the sour taste and eventually had the whole thing devoured. Not the best thing to eat but it was something. He made a sour face and brought himself farther down the river away from the rowdyness of the tree brothers; Frodo, Holman, and Reginard. 'Loud bunch of yappers,' he cursed quietly before taking another seat on the river bank, eyes fixed intently on his feet being swuashed about by the water.

'Man le carel sí?' he murmered in an almost silent tone. 'Am man harthach?' Quickly and roughly he shook his head, ignoring the many thoughts inside his head. His head bowed and remained that way for many count of minutes. Then finally the smell of burning fish caught his senses and he slowly stood back up. 'What do they think they are doing? Can't even cook a fish.'
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 02:22
((Burning fish?!?! I am offended! The Greenhands are good cooks and would never burn anything! Sorry if I sound angry, its just that I based the brothers on myself and my brothers and sometimes take this personally. ))
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 02:29
Luna laughed as she saw them all try to catch the fish. Then she saw Brannon walk away again. "Why does he keep doing that?" she asked herself. Luna followed him again. Then she barely heard him say something in a strange language. "What did you say? Tell the truth," she said, sitting beside him. She put her feet in the water and watched the current carry away some leaves.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 05:18
Celuien was walking by herself on the banks of the river. She could hear the yells of the three brothers as they were fighting for a scrap of bread. They failed in their attempt, but Frodo was able to catch a fish. They began to gather wood. Celuien ran off. She went to Nahald's home and kindly asked for some vegetables and some ale. Celuien then walked quickly to the brothers, hoping that they hadn't been overcome by hunger and eaten the fish raw. She came upon them barely starting the fire.

"What is a niece piece of fish without some potatoes, carrots and a good drink. I know Hobbits can rarely eat anything without a mug of beer or ale in their hands. May I ?" The brothers nodded and she sat on the trunk of a fallen tree where the brothers had decided to cook their fish. She handed the bag of veggies and the bottle to the brothers who were obviously well skilled in the art of cooking.

"I have come to tell you Nahald's plan. Today we are to set off for Bree, after Thronduil. He decided that the road isn't safe so we are going to go through the Old Forest. Are you to join us or stay here and help Rory, who is to take over while Nahald is away?"

Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 06:16
The hobbits cut up the vegitables and put them in a small pot with some water. When the fish was cooked they cut it up and put it in the pot as well. They also added a few herbs to the pot.

Reginard: Well, we have no further business here. We may as well make ourselves of use.

Holman: Let's rid ourselves of these ruffians once and for all.

Frodo: But first, lets eat. Would you like some, my lady?
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 09:32
'Nothing important,' Brannon whispered quietly, finally looking at Luna with a slight smile. 'Just talking to myself.' His glance returned back to the river where it was intent on the shadows of swimming fish. A few minutes of silence had passed and he finally began speaking again. 'I take it you are coming with us? Right? I mean, you have stuck around for a while and so.' Merely cuts himself from his sentence with a roughly heaved shrug.

[]-ooc- lol, sorry if I insulted ya, didn't mean to.[]
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 09:38
Luna smiled back at Brannon. "Yes, I'm going with you, are we leaving today?" she heard a loud laugh and saw it was her older brother. "And she said she'll never come back!" he laughed. Luna sighed. "I want to go as soon as possible," she angrily threw a rock in the water.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 12:32
'Yes, or leastways, I think we are leaving today. But I am not too sure.' His eyes quietly rumaged along the rough surface of water then eventually drifted to Luna with a light smile. 'Are you ready to prove to your brothers that you could do this? And remember, if ever you want to return back, I'll help you, okay? So...' His fingers tapped nerviously against the river's shore then slowly landed in his lap.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 12:40
"I'll prove it to them!" Luna said with more force then she meant to. "I mean, yes," she said more gently, giggling a litte. "Let's go ask the others if their ready."
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 04:29
"But first, lets eat. Would you like some, my lady?"

"I am afraid that I will have to decline this time. I have to tell the others that we are to depart soon, but you must invite me to eat some other time. The food looks delicious."

Celuien left the brothers happily sitting down to eat their stew. She walked for a few minutes and found Brannon and a Hobbit girl sitting together.

"I'll prove it to them!"

"Forgive me for interrupting your conversation, but I have come to tell you that we are to leave shortly. I would advise you to eat something hearty. We will be going through the Old Forest and to light a fire would anger the trees further, so I doubt that we can cook much in there. Forgive me, but I do not recall meeting you. What is your name and are you to accompany us?"
Lithoniel_Burrows
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 12:35
Lithoniel still waited for Nahald to get out of bed. She sighed and paced around the living room. " When is he getting out? Should I go leave and find the others? ", thought the hobbit. " No. I'll just wait ".
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 01:59
Luna looked up. "Oh, I am Luna Baggins, my brothers and I were on a trip to Bree, and we came back to see all this. So I don't want to stay anymore, I will be going with you if that sn't a problem."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 12:08
'Good.' Ruby said when she sat down beside Luna. 'I can't stay here any longer.' She smiled at the Elf and admired her beauty. 'I have some Lembas, Is that hearty enough?'
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email