Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbits' Tale
on: June 06, 2005 12:59
" lets give him time to wake up, now, who wants to turn back and get out of this place and travel by roads, and who wants to carry on, but further away from the river banks?"

"It would be impossible to go back now." Celuien came up from behind, followed by Lithoniel, Hanna and the rest of the group. "The forest will never let us go back. We have no choice but to continue forward. But I agree we should move as fast away from the Withywindle as soon as Nahald awakes from his slumber."

Suddenly the air was filled with a beautiful melody and was perfumed with the sweet scent of lilies. There was a woman sitting on the banks of the River.

Her long yellow hair rippled down her shoulders;her gown was green, green as young reeds, shot with silver like the beads of dew; and her belt was of gold, shaped like a chain of flag-lilies set with pale-blue eyes of forget-me-nots. About her feet in wide vessels of green and brown earthenware, white water-lilies were floating, so that she seemed to be enthroned in the midst of a pool. It was Goldberry, the River-Daughter.

(Nice description. I got it from the book. I found it hard to describe her so I went with the book. This is starting to sound alot like Frodo's adventure. Is that what we're going for?)
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 08:19
ooc: i have no idea what we are heading for in this RP, the problem is that hobbits are so secluded and dont no much about the rest of Arda this means we are kinda restricted. We only have 2 adventures to look at concerning hobbits! that's not much to go on. I think we need some "hobbity" (pardon the expression) ideas!! lol

Morwen jumped down the bank and bowed low
" Hail Goldberry, fair lady of the river, we are travellers in this strange would and are wondering if you could help us have safe passage. Many of this party are hobbits which is a face i expect you know well"
( somebody needs to control Goldberry an i dont really have the imagination lol)
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 08:47
((O_O!!!!! I AM SOOOO sorry I haven't posted here in like......a long long LONG time!! I read back, so I mostly know what's going on...I'll try to get back in, if you'll allow it!))

'Where are the others?' Ellie thought as she trudged cautiously through the dark forest, leading Ivory behind her. It was so dark in this part of the woods. The little hobbit could barely see her own hand infront of her face. Ivory gave out a small snort and nudged Ellie hard in the back with her velvety nose.

"Oy! Ivo--!"

She stumbled forwards over a large tree root in midsentence. She struggled to her feet and turned to look at the small pony, fighting the laughs in her tone as she spoke.

"That wasn't very nice, Ivory." the hobbit said to her steed. Upon hearing many voices, she froze and then turned to look off behind her.

"It's the others!!!" she said, relieved, as she swung up onto Ivory's back and sent the pony into a gallop. She raced into the clearing where the others stood and looked around at them all, extremely happy to be with her companions again, and not alone in the large forest.

"Here you all are! I got split from the group...Ivory took off so I went to find her. My apoligies for not being around to help much." Ellie said, a very slight smile inching across her face.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 02:53
[]Sorry I haven't posted in a bit; took a trip from the country and had no access to the internet nor even a computer![]

bic-

Brannon stared stupidly at the woman who came to be introduced as Goldberry. His eyes mainly danced on her hair; the beautiful yellow which seemed to sparkle with the light of the sun. So beautiful.

His hands slunk into the pockets of his trousers and he swooned fairly over Goldberry's appearance. But in the midst of this admiration, another voice snuck up on the group. He whirled quickly about and smiled to the fact that the voice belonged to Ellie.

"Ah, don't worry yourself; not much happened actually save some of us hobbits lost ourselves in the trees and we have... stumbled across fair Goldberry, lady of the river. Actually, your disappearance went unnoticed, I think. All were caught up in... other disappearances that we had forgotten about you... my apologies."
Thronduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 09:48
Thronduil neared Bree and slowed his pace as he passed the gate and into the streets. It was pitch black and Thronduil couldn't even see his hand in front of his eyes, he couldn't see Beorn but he knew he was close as he could hear him almost silently panting.

Thronduil knew the streets of Bree like the back of his hand but even for a ranger of his expertise Bree's streets in darkness and knowledge of them years old made him easily lost.

He met another dead end and tunred to go back on his route. Then he was stopped by a figure holding a latern.

"I am Thronduil, ranger of the north, are you friend or foe?"

The figure was silent, this made the wolfhound growl, awaiting attack. Thronduil noticed the wolfhound's sense of possible attack so he drew his swords in his ordinary fashion, again asking,

"who are you....friend or foe?"

The figure was dressed in black robes, robes that hang high over its face, creating even more shadows. The figure then suddenly moved with a flash of silvery light as a blade became exposed. The figure sprinted to Thronduil in attack, the blade aiming for his heart. Thronduil changed his stance to a defensive one, awaiting the first attack. The attack came and it came faster than expected, so fast even for Thronduil and Beron working together. The blade slashed against Thronduil's chest. Thronduil fell to the ground in pain, trying to fight back as the attacker began to attack again. Beorn leapt onto the back of the attacker to try to stop the attack but the attacker swept the wolfhound away and into a wall, knocking it unconcious. Thronduil looked to Beorn, and at at this silly mistake the attacker stabbed violently at Thrionduil's neck and chest. Blood violently poured from his wounds as his head went dizzy and his sight went black...then light. The attacker then ran off into the shadows, throwing the latern to the floor as he ran.
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 11:32
Morwen spun round staring to the East,

[/i]Pain, Danger, Fear![i]

She looked at the group,
" We must get to Bree, soon i fear it will be to late. Now we must make a choice, i wish to be out of this forest and on my horse, that is the fastest way for me to get to Bree. Please we must travel faster than this, we are going to slow, and i sense such a great danger that i must go ahead, follow me if you wish but i can stay no longer in this accursed forest"

Morwen turned peered through the bushes and found a path, looking back at the group she said,

"Please, i do not wish to go alone"

[Edited on 13/6/2005 by Tar_Telperien]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 07:33
Brannon dumbfoundedly watched Morwen; watched her lips as they spoke, watched the expression in her eyes, watched her walk away. Was no one going to help?

He took a small glance around him, at the others then with a deep exhale he hurried forward and landed with a forced smile at her side. "I will go."
Tar_Telperien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 10:16
Morwen smiled at brannon,
" Thank-you hobbit and friend, this is an unfamiliar path for me and i can not bear to go alone. I sense something, as if Thronduil is in terrible danger i can not tell any more but i wish to get to him soon are you prepared to travel swiftly?" She said

Turning to the others, " Will any of you join us, Thronduil needs our help but i know there are those among you who wish to stay with Goldberry and visit Tom Bombadil and so on. i would wish to stay but my heart is in Bree and there i must go".
Nahald
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 09:38
(Thanks for everyone being patient with 'disappearing Nahald', I did vanish for a bit, I've been doing my GCSE's! Thanks as well for rescuing me!)
Nahald sat up wretchedly, for some reason he felt stiff and wooden all over and for some reason, 'green'. He looked about at the others in stupid wonder. His eyes met goldberry, who smiled.
"Ah," he said suddenly, "I'm dreaming, that explains everything," and he setled back to sleep.
Holman kicked him in the small of the back. Nahald grunted, and rolled over. Holman kicked him again, and Frodo joined in, laughing.
Nahald sat up "Hoi, leave off!" he yelled, then, more sedately, "That is no way to treat the master of the Oldbucks"
Holmon sighed, "I think its time to buy mr Nahald a new hat Fred"
Frodo looked at his brother stupidly, "Huh?"
"Because his heads far to big for the ones hes got, thats why!"
Goldberry chuckled, and the sound of it was like a mountain stream.
Nahald looked at the River-daughter again, and realised he was not dreaming. Shocked, but not forgetting his manners, he bowed low.

Goldberry addressed the group, and he voice was musical and pleasant.
"Elf maid, daughter of Elbereth, starqueen. I would not wish for you to go alone! what you wish to find beyond this forest I do not know, for I cannot see past its borders, but sometimes the stream brings me news." And here the wind stirred and leaves rustled, the stream shimmered in the dappled sunlight and Nahald saw it was now noon, despite the darkness of the forest.
"Great things are afoot halflings! an they concern not just you, but all free folk, even the elves as they leave for Valinor in the West," at this point she addressed Morwen, "though some may choose to stay. The great evil may no longer cast its shadow, and their may be kings in Gondor, but nt all is well in North, and not all fall under the kings rule. Angmar once had a king." A this the wind roe in a great susseration, and the hobbits were struck cold. Goldberry smiled comfortingly at them.
"Fear no nightly noises, Tom is Master Here! If you wish to help your friens, then I will see it done. But promise me this, once you have met him, look to the North. Tom cares little for what is beyond his borders and I have little power outside his realm; but you, the smallest of folk have a great strength. Look to the North, and perhaps you will find the answers to many questions in your own land. Now, to help you on your way; Old Tom will give you a Path!"
Around the forest came the sound of singing, and Nahald glanced around, trying to catch a glimps of the enigmatic Maia; but to no avail.
There was a great creaking and to his suprise and slight horror Nahald saw the trees move! leaving a path leaing due east, straight to the road leading to bree, skirting the danger of the Barrow Downs.
"Thank you!" Nahald called, but Goldberry had gone, and just the ripple of her voice, "Look to the North!"
Morwen looked to the path, then at the others. Unanimously they deciced to follow.

ooc: sorry about the length of this and all te controlling of other characters, sorry to Celuin for getting rid of Goldberry so quickly, but this RP was moving about as quick as an ent in slow motion! Sorry for that comment too, as alot of the slowing down has been due to me! Hopefuly we can keep this RP alive, as I think its got a good mix of hobbityness and adventure and a bunch of very good characters! well thats my confession out the way, now lets get on to Bree!

Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 11:38
[SORRY!!!]

Ruby smiled as the hobbit girl arrived back with the group. "Morwen? I will join... If you want me to..." She smiled at the elf lady and took the hand of the hobbit girl. "Are you coming too?"
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email