Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Librarian's Love(PM to join...all races welcome except Sauron spawn)
on: January 23, 2005 09:50
This is the story of Elendur Narmielion of Imladris, read this please http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=4496 there is a pic to go with it but it won't load so if anybody wants to see it let me know and I'll send it to you.

Pretty much anything goes, it's about the trials and tribulations of Elendur and his 'journey' in his search of love. The reason I ask for PM's is because I don't want any homophobs in here. Elendur happens to be gay( I know that tolkien might not have had things like that but all other rules are strictly to this forum) Please make sure you read his bio before PMing me please. And one thing: someone will need to play Erestor otherwise all others welcome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a bright sunny day, Elendur strongly disliked those types of days. He prefered the quiet of night when one could be alone with their thoughts. Oh well... sighing Elendur arose out of bed and dressed in his black leggings and today a deep blue shirt as today was special; it was Erestor's begetting day. Feeling a little better at the thought of the quiet advisor the Noldo brushed his hair until it shone and walked toward the dining hall to break his fast.

[Edited on 24/1/2005 by Tindomewen]

[Edited on 30/1/2005 by Tindomewen]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Librarian's Love(PM to join...all races welcome except Sauron spawn)
on: January 24, 2005 11:05
Elana walked down the hall, not paying attention to where she was going. She was to busy reading to notice. She accidentally walked into someone walking the oppisite direction."Sorry, sir."She said, looking up only to see if it was a sir or a miss.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 07:15
Elendur was taken aback that someone had called him sir, he didn't know hot to react. "Um...no, I...it...don't" Realizing he was stumbling over his words Erestor's assistant flushed and for the fifth time that day tucked his hair behind his ears. "I am terribly sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going. Do you happen to be traveling to the same place?"

At a shake of the head Elendur realized not everyone knew of Erestor's begetting day celebration, not even said elf as it was a surprise."I am sorry, I wouls stop and talk but I will be late. Come on, follow me." A few seconds later Elendur mentally smacked himself for his manners. "I am treeibly sorry again. I am Elndur, assistant to Master Erestor. Who might you be? I have never seen anyone such as you around the grounds!"
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 08:39
"Neither have I," Lissiriel said. She had come out of a doorway directly behind the young elf. "At least I don't think I have," she added. "Unless you moved here in the past year, though that doesn't really happen these days... I know you though."

Lissiriel looked up at the Noldo with the gold and glass medalion. She had certainly never been this close to him before, he was so much older than she was, well, not like her dad's age or anything, but Lissiriel had seen him often enough in the library to never forget that rose petal. She wondered what it meant. She smoothed down her dark moss colored dress and smiled, first at Elendur, then at the girl with the book in between them. Without waiting for either to speak, Lissiriel blurted out a question. "Are you two hungry? Because I heard that Erestor requested something suptuous for the morning meal." She grinned hard, partly to cover for the fact that she just blurted out such a familiar phrase to one, an elf she should probably respect, and two, a complete stranger. Her hungry stomach sunk. Im acting like my horse, she thought and grinned some more.

[Edited on 31/1/2005 by Lissiriel]
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 04:44
(Hi everyone. My character Lothuialon is in the DB- although he has no history so far. I'll also play Erestor, but I think he will come in later when everybody has arrived in the hall. So for now I just introduce Lothuialon.)

Lothuialon had arrived yesterday in the afternoon. It had been a long journey through the mountains, and he had looked forward to a bath and a decent meal. However before he went to get either he had gone to meet Glorfindel. As they both had lived in Gondolin ages ago it had been a relaxed and merry meeting of old friends. They had not the chance to meet as often as they would like. A smile appeared on his lips as he remembered their meeting.
It had been late when Lothuialon had finally bathed, eaten and gone to bed in the guest quarters that had been prepared for him. Nevertheless he was up early as Glorfindel had invited him to join in on the celebration that had been planned for Erestor's begetting day.
In a splendid mood, Lothuialon started a song as he did so often, bound back his raven curls to a tight braid that left no strands dangling loosely, and picked a simple robe in a bright green that suited his eyes splendidly.

Together with Glofindel he had made his way to the dining hall. Both were engaged in conversation and every once in a while Lothuialon's warm and rolling laughter could he heard in the hallways. Once in the dining hall they took their places at the side of the group of Elves that had already assembled there. Lothuialon looked around curiously. He had been in Imladris before but as a result of the frequent balconies and open spaces of it's architecture the valley refuge had a slightly different flair whenever he visited it. Another smile curved his lips and made the fine lines around his eyes visible as he wondered how visitors to Lothlorien might feel as most of it's buildings were entirely set in the branches of the forest and thus changed quite frquently as well.
Then suddenly for a split second his smile faded, as a small group entered the hall. It were two Elf maidens, led by a male Elf. The she- Elves were chatting lively with one another while the dark haired Elf in front walked silently. Lothuialon tilted his head to the left and narrowed his eyes slightly. His smile returning he watched the group take their places as well.

[Edited on 29/1/2005 by ~A_Lasgalen~]
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 07:39
((Lissiriel...you mistakenly put Eldarion for my character. Just thought I should let you know. It's Elendur)

Elendur had noticed Lissiriel looking at his pendant and would have told her what it meant but the morning meal chimes were sounding so he found himself walking in front of two lively she-elves as fast as possible but without losing sight of them.

The Noldo walked past the others seated and for a minute another elf caught his eye, all he noticed though was brilliant green eyes. He would ask Glorfindel about him or Erestor too. Right now he sat next to his secret beloved and smiled as Melpomaen as usual came in late and then turned his attention to his Lord Elrond as the half-elf stood to give a short speech.

"My friends, family, inhabitants of Imladris....today is my chief advisor Erestor's begetting day. In honor of this day he has requested a special meal and later for invited people there will be a special get-together. So enjoy and be merry, just remember to be responsible in your consumption of alcohol."

Elendur smiled slightly and shook his head as the serving girls went by to pour wine. He never drank, never saw the need. Instead he sat there looking at everyone, wondering who the elf sitting next to Glorfindel was, he pushed it back though and prepared himself for the day. Erestor had the day off so Elendur would be acting in his place, since there were delagates from Mirkwood Elrond would be holding council with them for most of the day. He almost laughed at the food that was brought out. He never in all his life thought Erestor would eat something like that!
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 02:25
Erestor walked into the hall with a smile on his face. This did not happen all too often, as usually his thoughts were at his desk already when he ate his morning meal. Not so today of cause. This was a good day. A day of merriment and- yes, a bit laziness.
He took his seat, friendly bowing his head and smiling at everyone he met. He was dressed slightly more casual then usually, his wide robe of dark red flowing freely and not restricted by any sort of belt as was Erestor's wont at work days.There had been a time when he had been nervous about the load of work that had to be done in his absence. Not so however since Elendur had become his assistant. He was totally confident that everything would run smooth, so he could just lean back and relax. Elendur was a remarkable joung Elf. As quiet as he was as effectively and correctly he would fulfil every task set for him. His smile widened somewhat more as he thought of Elendur.
As he was sitting there waiting for the chime, Elendur entered the room, followed by two beautiful Elf-maidens. The one of them - Lissiriel - he knew, the second one walking at her side Erestor had not seen before. As Elendur walked across to him the two she-Elves still following, Erestor got up. "Good morning Elendur. Sit by my side." He said offering a seat. Then he turned to the maidens. "Good morning Lissiriel. Introduce me to your friend."
Together they sat down talking, until Elrond stood up to say a few words. Then the meal was served and with a content smile Erestor picked up his fork. A stew with bread and cheese to go along! One of Bilbo's favorites...

~~~~~

(Advadedin means "silent retreat". As Lothuialon does not know Elendurs real name so far, that's how he's going to call him for now.)

Glorfindel had followed Lothuialon's gaze and drawn up his eyebrows as Lothuialon looked back at him. Not comenting on it though, the two started talking once more, provoking Lothuialon's laughter from time to time. Silence fell as the Lord of Imladris held a short speech, during which Lothuialon could not resist his urge to look at the silent strager once more.
As the serving girls went around to pour the wine, Lothuialon was far from declining. He let her fill his goblet up. Slowly he lifted it to his nose, then lowering the goblet close to his lips he gazed over the edge of it, across the table at the beatiful and silent Elf that had struck him with his grace upon entering. Willing him to look up, Lothuialon held his gaze for a few seconds. When finally their eyes met Lothuialon hid his excitement behind his most charming smile, toasted his mysterious stranger, bowed his head slightly and took his first draught of wine. Holding his silent one's eyes until he placed his goblet back on the table he thought: I hope you have a wonderful day, my Advadedin.
Then he turned to Glorfindel and to pick up their conversation where they had stopped.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 08:11
Elana hadn't said anthing, she didn't know what to say, of course the she-elf didn't know her, maybe her parents but not her. The other elf had asked her something but the she-elf had startled her making her forget. Now she was at a cerimony that she didn't totally understand what it was for. She hoped someone would explain. she looked positivly perplexed."I am Elana of Gondor. I don't know any of you. Though my mom is widly known anywhere Elrond is." Elana said smiling at last. Deciding she didn't want to know. Though Elana was only half an elf and half a woman she had the air of an elf and the look of her father, mostly.
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 09:55
((Using a different character. Elmirien isn't in the DB but I can add her if you want me to...))

Elmirien was gazing at the bright sunshine glimmering off the morning dew when suddenly a ripple in her senses caused a shiver to go up her spine.

Elmirien shivered as another ripple, followed by extreme vibrations, coursed through her mind-vision.

Loud voices screamed in words Elmirien couldn't understand as great land masses rushed passed.

Colors and patterns spun and whirled, making her dizzy.

Faces with looks of longing in thier eyes gazed at her. Elmirien recognized some, others she didn't.

Voices wailed and begged for delieverance.

Suddenly Elmirien saw her own form, but strange patterns covered her.

Her hair was snow-wite, her eyes ice blue. Mountains and streams covered her, and at her feet great golden rays sprang.

Elmirien realized she had taken on the form of Endor and its surrounding seas.

"You have the power of freedom, Elmirien, use it!" voices whispered.

Elmirien awoke from her trance then.

"I wish my foresight was more distict" Elmirien complained, her joy that she had felt because of the bright day fading, "It is always in riddles and clues"

Elmirien sighed and turned away from the window. She had to get dressed and ready, then make sure her soon-to-be-husband, Elrohir, hadn't put on mismatched clothing. He was so careless sometimes.

Elmirien quickly brushed her long, amber-brown hair, then pinned it up.

She quickly put on a forest-green gown that, as Elrohir said, "draws attention to your eyes of the exact same color"

The gold embroidery glittered in the sunlight as Elmirien pulled on shoes.

"Well," she said, looking in her mirror, "I think I'm presentable enough"

In truth, Elmirien was one of the most beautiful elves in Middle-Earth, but she never believed that.

Elmirien began her search for Elrohir to examine his choice of clothing.

Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 01:17
((That's fine. Use whatever character you want and you don't have to put her in the database unless it's easier for you.))

Elendur was startled by Erestor's invitation to sit next to him. He was shaking inperceptibly and couldn't really pay attention to anything, except the other elf sitting next to Glorfindel.

He began eating and waved off the wine, prefering water instead. He never drank anything that would make him intoxicated as he feared it would interfere with his work. He took small glances at the elf across him; though this time he met the other's eyes and was captivated momentarily. It was broken though when the other toasted him and began talking with Glorfindel again. This elf had Elendur's thoughts in turmoil, he didn't want to betray his feelings for Erestor but at the same time wanted to know more about the other elf; for some reason he was intrigued. Nothing had intrigued him since his 2000th year.

He resolved to sit and stay though for at least awhile as it was Erestor's day. He enjoyed the food, it was pleasantly different and when everyone adjourned to the Hall of Fire Elendur quietly went up to Erestor and gave him a gift of a new black robe embroidered with silver vines around the edges and a book in which to write his thoughts. "I am sorry to leave the festivities my Lord but there is work to be done and since it is your day off, I'll go finish it." He nodded to Elrond also and began the walk back to his office, maybe if he finished early he could go up to the top of the falls.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 11:01
Elana decided to go up and see Elrond. As she aproached she relized she hadn't met him. She knew her mom had told him of her but, they had never met face to face. She put a smile on and resloved to be a little tricky about it. She wouldn't at first tell him who she was."Hi Elrond." She started.
((is someone acctually being Elrond?))
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 01:08
(ooc: sorry Tindomewen, I fixed your character's name. But could people please stop refering to female elves as "she-elves?" It's rather derogatory, so unless your characters are sexist-or orcs- I don't see why another elf would use this term. Sorry for the intrusion, but its been bugging me.)

Lissiriel had been chatting with the the new young elf, but she realized she really didnt know her name yet. She tried to explain while still being couteous to Erestor when the young elf herself blurted I am Elana of Gondor. I don't know any of you. Though my mom is widly known anywhere Elrond is."

Lissiriel watched as the maiden strode up to Elrond to intorduce herself. She was rather shocked by the behavior of this girl, whoever she was. Her name sounded familiar, but that could mean anything really. Lissiriel felt confused and went to take a seat across from her own father, the old general, who had already began eating. From where she was on one side of Erestor, she could just lean over and see Elendur. And she could also see someone else was gazing at Elendur too... Lissiriel stifled a little giggle into her wine goblet and decided she must find an excuse to talk to Erestor's aide later, maybe get him to take a break for once.

When they had begun to disperse, Lissiriel told her father that she would be in the Hall of Fire in a moment and lingered back for a while to catch sight of the new girl. Lissiriel wondered who Elana really was, why she didn't say her name at first when they were outside the hall. As the room cleared she saw Elana was still with Elrond. Lissiriel looked around on the table and found a tasty cake that Erestor hadn't found in his hunger for favorite foods. She grabbed it from the table and walked over to the two.

She bowed her head slightly to Elrond. "Excuse me for interupting, Lord Elrond, but I believe Elana here has not eaten any breakfast yet, and thought she might want the last of these." She held out the cake to Elana and smiled.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 01:10
Erestor had greatly enjoyed this first part of the day, and even though Elendur did not speak much during the meal, he had still enjoyed the other's presence a lot. They had worked together long enough to know that Elendur had a good heart, and the advisor had learned to apreciate the Elf's quiet demeanor.
After the meal most of the company were continuing the celebrations at the Hall of Fire. At this moment Elendur stepped up to him. With no word he gave presents to Erestor, who received them with a slight nod of his head. His eyebrows rose a bit and his breath was drawn in when he saw a wonderful robe, skillfuly embroided at the edges and an elegant, leather bound book, with pages ready to be filled.
Lifting his eyes Erestor looked straight into those of his opposite. A warm smile appeared on the advisor's face, and he took another step towards Elendur. "Hannon le." he said, still looking into his aide's eyes. "There was no need but- these are wonderful." With these words he reached out to grasp Elendur's upper arm, and bowed his head slightly.
Upon being released from Erestor's grasp, Elendur uttered his apologies and left to start his daíly load of work. Watching Elendur retreat Erestor wondered if he had shown his apreciation enough to this exeptional Elf.

~~~~~~

Lothuialon was in a great mood. The picture of his beautiful Advadedin still occupied a major part of his mind when he followed Glorfindel and many other Elves to the Hall of Fire. The song that was on his lips however died apruptly when he saw his mysterious Elf with the advisor Erestor. Stopping in his tracks Lothuialon stood back to watch the scene without interfering. There was something about Advadedin's demeanor towards Erestor that Lothuialon did not like. Was it the look in his eyes, or the slightest shiver that seemed to run through the silent one's body when the advisor reached out to touch him?
He was shaken out of his thoughts by hand that was placed on his back. Glorfindel had followed his gaze and now looked at his friend with an unspoken question in his eyes. Choosing to ignore this question Lothuialon put a smile back on his face and with a last fast glance to the two Elves he went to the Hall of Fire.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 07:53
((No Stridlas, Elrond is not taken by anoyone here. Make him say whatever you want. He'll be a universal character...we all can play him whenever contact is made. ~A_Lasgalen~, I love Lothuialon's nickname for Elendur. It's very fitting and a bit amusing.))

Elendur could hear the singing and merriment from the Hall of Fire and was a bit saddened that he was here in his office doing work. But he reminded himself that he chose to be in the library on his beloved's special day. He sighed and finished signing his name to the last parchment from Mirkwood.

Blowing out the candles and straightening the desks Elendur yawned a little from stiffness of joints before walking to his special spot. Last minute the Noldo realized he would have to pass by the Hall of Fire, thinking quickly Elendur dashed out of the library, careful to lock the door and took a secret path to the Falls.

Upon reaching them he gazed momentarily at the wonderful moonlight reflecting off the spray of the water before walking his path to the top. He sat down in the secluded tree he had carved himself and gazed out over the whole of his beautiful home. The moonlight really does bring out the serene beauty of the land. Just as does the sun... Elendur reflected until an image of green eyes was before him countered with sable-colored eyes in the back. Elendur yelled out softly in protest at the images. His mind was playing tricks on him and he knew whose eyes both were. Erestor's and the mysterious friend of Glorfindel. Right, Glorfindel...had to ask Glorfindel tomorrow about the elf. Elendur laid down in his nook and fell asleep, so tired that he daren't move from his spot for fear of falling down the path. Tis alright, he thought before falling into slumber, I have slept here on many other occasions.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 02:20
((Sorry if I sounded snobby about the spelling, Tindomewen. But thanks for changing it, it was bugging me. By the way, Tolkien was the one who decided that female elves were she-elves or elf-maidens, and male elves just elves. If it disturbs you, call she-elves elleth and elves ellon))

Elmirien's mind was not on the festivities that day.

Her vision was troubling her, and she could not stop thinking about it.

"Miri, something is wrong. Tell me" Elrohir whispered.

Elmirien put a hand up to silence him. "Later" she whispered back.

Something about the "air" in the room was wrong. Like a presence that was not meant to be there was.

A flash of silver caught Elmiriens eye, but when she turned, it was gone.

"How strange" thought Elmirien.

Later that night, Elmirien told Elrohir of her vision.

"I know not what it means" she said.

Elrohir looked worried. "My father would kn..."

He stopped and looked up. "I thought I saw someone"

"Anyone around wouldn't be able to hear with the roaring of the Falls" Elmirien pointed out.

"True. But I don't want anyone listening. This sounds serious, Miri"

Elmirien nodded, biting her lip.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 07:27
((You didn't sound snobby at all. I hadn't realized I misspelled it until your mentioning it...Thanks a bunch. By the way...Celebrian has sailed for Valinor already, felt that worth mentioning. Carry on...))

Elendur woke the next morning feeling achy all over from sleeping in his nook. It was not meant to be slept in, but if needs pressed it would suffice, as it had this past night. Looking at the horizon the library assistant knew the sun would rise in a couple hours so hurried down to change and on the way almost ran into Elrohir and his wife... Elmirien. He stopped at both worried expressions and without a word went to rouse Elrond from his half-awoke state.

He knocked and entered to find his Lord already in his robes of office. "My Lord, forgive the intrusion but the Lord Elrohir and his wife are headed this way looking serious. I thought to warn you so you would not be startled. Excuse me now i must go change quickly and prepare for the day."

Before his Lord could speak the melancholy elf had gone and was rushing back to his rooms. He entered them and quickly stripping of his clothing bathed hastily. He wrapped a towel around his hair and opening his closet doors pulled out his customary black leggings but today he chose a shirt of deep maroon and his worn balck sude boots. As he dressed the Noldo made a note to get new foot wear. He brushed his hair dry and made his way to meet Glorfindel, Elendur had to ask about the green-eyed elf that had invaded his pleasant dreams of Erestor and pushed the beautiful advisor out. What he didn't expect was for the other elf to be there too with the blonde Elda.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 05:11
Lothuialon had gone to bed early. He had spend the day with Glorfindel and the other Elves at the celebrations, attempting to look merrier then he felt. Again and again his eyes were drawn to the slender figure of the advisor, and he had to acknowledge the other's beauty. He sighed. There truly was something about the earnest yet soft and on this occasion lively demeanor of Erestor. Yet the silent presence of Advadedin to Lothuialon was much more captivating.
When the stars appeared through the broad windows Lothuialon excused himself and made his way to his chambers, this time singing a melancholy melody he remembered from his childhood days. Sleep however did not come easy that night. So after trying to find sleep in vain for some hours, Lothuialon got up again. Walking through the gardens he watched the stars. He loved them and usually found peace of mind in their light. Soon he decided to not give up his beautiful stranger so soon and that he would try to find out more about him the next morning.
Thus it was that Lothuialon was awake early, getting ready for the day. Again he bound his hair back as not to be disturbed by even a single strand during the day. The robes he picked this day- though simply cut- were of the darkest green, nearly black in hue and emroided sparingly with silver, bringing to mind a nightly forest. Checking his appearence in the mirror Lothuialon nodded contendedly and made his way to see Glorfindel. He was just about to ask the questions that burned on his tongue when Advadedin entered. Forgetting for the moment that his mouth was still open, Lothuialon stood looking at Advadedin, not quite knowing what to do.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 09:07
((Elrohir and Elmirien aren't married yet. Just so you know for future reference))

Elrond listened patiently as Elmirien explained her dream.

"I think it has something to do with the fact that you are the Queen of the Noldo" said Elrond when she finished.

"What?" gasped Elmirien.

Elrond sighed. "You should have been told of this long ago.Your father was Finrod Felegund, you are his youngest, and his only surviving, child. As Galadriel has forsaken the title of High Lady of the Noldo, and her daughter has sailed to the Blessed Ream, the title falls to you. You have more right to it then Arwen, who would be next in line."

Elmirien was speechless. What could this mean? "I-I-I can't!" she stuttered "What must I do? I can never be queen! The Noldo wouldn't accept me as queen! I'm so unlearned! I-I don't know what to do!"

Elmirien started crying, and Elrohir put his arm around her and glared at his father.

"You don't have to accept the title, Miri. There are others in that line" Elrohir said comfortingly.

"Let me just think about this" Elmirien whispered.

Elrohir led his love outside, where he tried in vain to soothe her.

"What if I could do it? I'd never know because I never tried. But what if I can't?" fresh tears coursed down Elmirien's cheeks.

Elrohir held her tightly. "We could do it, Miri, we could do it together"

Elmirien sniffed and nodded, then started crying again. "But we can't do it together! We're cousins, really. Marriage between close relatives is wicked!"

"We aren't that closely related, Miri" Elrohir pointed out.

"True" admitted Elmirien. "How close exactly?"

Elrohir shrugged.

Elmirien sighed. "Perhaps both of our lineages is written down. They likely are. Come, we are going to the library"

Elrohir followed her unhappily. He disliked the library. Something about its forced, and rather strained and uncomfortable, quiet gave Elrohir the chills.

Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 10:17
((I refer to them as she-elfs but,wouldn't my charcter be a she-elf(read her profile))
Elana thanked the she-elf kindly.She figured unless she told people who her mother was, they don't ussually recignize her.Her name however, she told anyone who asked."So, grandfather, how are things in Rivendell?" Elana talked with elrond of a while but, she grew restless so, as kindly as she could she said,"I am going to go for a walk, it was nice to finally meet you face to face." She then departed. She decided to try the library. When she walked she didn't encounter anyone, which was strange but, she walked on none-the-less. As she entered the library she decided to look for a book on rivendell but, it was so vast that she didn't know where to start, so she just stood in the entrance way.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 10:07
((thanks for the heads-up Irel..to save some time...if any you like this idea-if your character does something minor then you could answer for another, such as I am doing with Elana and the books...however it is not mandatory and only an idea))

Elendur stood speechless for a minute while Glorfindel just waited with an amused smirk on his face at the scene before him. Soon recovering the Noldo realized he could not talk with the Elda now as he would be busy with 'green-eyes.' "I am sorry Lord Glorfindel but I thought to talk with you in private. I knew not of your guest, I will find another time to speak with you."

Elendur quiclky ran out of the warrior's bunkers and straight to the library. He saw a woman standing there in the middle of the hallway looking confused and became upset that no one had helped her. He walked forward and tapped the woman on the shoulder. "Excuse me miss but do you look for something in particular? I can help you find it, only Lord Erestor knows this library better than I."

"Yes actually i am looking for a book on Rivendell!"

"Well you'll have to be more specifi than that as there are many books on this beautiful land. Such as histories, people, clothing, etc. So miss-"

"Elana."

"Miss Elana -"

"Just Elana."

"Alright, Elana. What will you be interested in? If you do not know I have a few interesting ideas that can help you?"

"Yes actually
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 10:09
(ooc: 'she-elf' was used in the movies in an obviously derogatory fashion to insult Arwen, but not in the books themselves as far as I (andy many others) can tell. Thats my point, Im sorry for any other consternation. If you actually see it written by all means pm me with a page number, I'm curious as to where it is; I do not think it is Tolkien's and yet its used everywhere in fanfic!)

Lissiriel woke up in an unusually foul mood. She had given the tasty cake to Elana, but Elrond seemed so preoccupied that Lissiriel felt that she was supposed to leave the elder elf's presence. She left rather glum at not having her question, no suspicion rather, of Elana's parentage verified, trying to content herself with what was left of the day's festivities.

Later, she had tried to locate Elendur, but again couldn't find him. Lissiriel wondered where he might've gone off to, but didn't dare to go to Erestor's chambers to take a look there or even ask. Instead she had gone to bed with a stomach that was overstuffed and the annoyance of not having her questions answered.

Even the bright morning sun streaming into her bedroom became an annoyance to which she grumpily splashed water on her face to blot out. She dressed in a pale grey-blue to match her mood and quickly became frustrated at the few tiny snarls in her auburn hair. She put her comb down with a heavy hand and after grunting a greeting to her father left for the library. Perhaps its musty familiarity would be a comfort or some text would offer some insight and guidance for the day.

Lissiriel enjoyed the fresh air outside and breathed it in, already feeling comforted. She opted to take an outdoor route to the library rather than its main entrance. As she entered she accidentally bumped into a table and knocked off a few books in the process. As she knelt to pick them up she gazed absentmindedly accross the floor, catching sight of the hem of a dress. Looking up she saw that it was Elana.

"Oh!" Lissiriel gathered the books in her arms and stood up. She quickly attempted to regain some composure. "Good morning," she said. "Is this your first time in the library? If youre looking for something, I'll gladly point the way." Lissiriel waved a hand around gesturing to the expanse of the library's main room. As she did she couldn't help but wonder about Elendur. She let out a sigh to ignore that and bade Elana enter.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 01:01
Elana, speaking to Elendur, said,"Yes, acctually, I would like to take your suggestion sir, I am unsure of what I am looking for other then a book on Rivendell."Elana smiled. They were inturupted by Lisseriel knockinh books off a table and then picking them up and talking to her."Thank you miss, but, he was just going to help me. What is your name?" Elana asked not directing her question at one of them but, at both of them.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 11:21
Elendur? Lissiriel thought. Where was he? She watched as Elana entered the library with Elendur right behind her. Who would've known she'd find the two she was looking for at the same time and place? Lissiriel realized that she now lacked any tactful plan so she smiled and nodded a greeting to Elendur.

"Thank you miss, but, he was just going to help me. What is your name?" Elana asked. Lissiriel saw that she was asking both of them. She realized it must feel odd to have someone know you name but not know thiers. "I am Lissiriel, daughter of the general Durdhuin." she said. She paused and glanced at Elendur.

"I am Elendur," he said as introduction, "assistant to Lord Erestor."

Lissiriel put the books she was holding down on the table. "I'm sorry if I was interrupting you, I was just going to look for something nice to read. But if you want an extra idea, I'll gladly help."

She stepped off to one of the many shelves and pulled out the first book she saw. It was a record of the lives of Beren and Luthien. Why this? she wondered, trying to cast her thoughts aside. "He probably doesn't care about me anyway,"* she muttered under her breath and shoved the book back into its slot, hoping that the other two didn't think she was acting out of the ordinary. Some morning this was turning into.

*see last line in the character profile.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 07:30
Elendur ignored the muttered sentence in lieu of the top shelf of the forefront bookcase. "I belive a brief history on the Noldor will be of use, especially here in Imladris where most of the inhabitiants are Noldorian or of that descent. This volume is the shortest of our histories being only 200 pages. When you are done retuyrn it to myself or Lord Erestor. If you wish another one at that time let either of us know. I bid you both good day, Elana, Lissiriel."

Elendur had not missed the need to ask questions in Lissiriel's eyes and fearing the question went to his office. It was like his second home, strewn with parchments-some rolled neatly into stacks and others unrolled and lying on top of the other. There was a hardwood floor with a huge rug with the picture of the overthrowing of Morgoth sewn into it. There were three bookshelves, all littered with books and place-keepers to save pages.

Erestor's assistant sat down and began looking over the half-rolled parchments laying over his desk that obviously Erestor wanted a second opinion on or signed by a second hand as a precaution. He busily set to work diligently, straight through the mid-meal chime and was startled when a shadow came over his work. Looking was pleasantly surprised at who was standing there.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 11:21
Have I really been gone so long as to loose all social skills?Lissiriel thought this as she sat down, finally deciding to leaf through a book on the Balrogs. She sat down and absentmindedly flipped though the slaying of Fëanor by Gothmog, keeping an eye on Elendur and Elana as he helped her pull out a history on the Noldor. Well, that would make sense, if Elana was who Lissiriel thought she was. Lissiriel remembered the feeling of being young and wondering where she came from. She toussled her auburn hair, remembering a youthful fantasy of being related to one of the red-haired sons of Fëanor. But why would she want to hide who she is? Lisiriel wondered, realizing finally that the secrecy of the young elf maiden was what bothered her.

She looked up just in time to catch the eye of Elendur as he left the room. "I bid you both good day, Elana, Lissiriel." Lissiriel noted an odd look in his eyes as he quickly left the room. She wondered if he could tell she had things on her mind. No, that was obvious. But I wonder what he thinks my questions are- when I don't even know what I want to ask him! Lissiriel shook her head and looked at a sketching of the War of Wrath and the destruction of the Balrogs of Morgoth. Lissiriel saw something in the destruction of those beings of evil that gave her a little courage.

Remaining where she was she raised her head to see Elana pouring over the history she was given. She took in a breath and decided the only way she'd find out for sure was if she asked her straight out. "Elana," she said, trying to remain polite, "Why is it you hide part of yourself? All are welcome in Imladris. What is it that worries you?"

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by Lissiriel]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 02:03
A while after Elendur had left the room Lothuialon finally turned back to Glorfindel, whose amusement was clearly visible in his eyes. Frowning at him to stop the blonde Elf from grinning, he walked a few steps through the chamber. The bright light of the morning formed elaborate patterns where it was broken by the shadows of the leaves of the trees outside the window.
As he thought about it, Lothuialon realised he had two choices. He could either leave the subject of Advadedin be, as not to stoop the nose of his friend on the subject again, or he could forget his pride and ask. A sigh found is way to Lothuialons lips as he turned to face Glorfindel. The later had watched Lothuialon's back the whole time, waiting for him to summon enough courage to say why he had come to see him this morning.
"Where can I find him?" The question finally came.
"Who?" Glorfindel asked back innocently.
"That, too, I hoped to learn from you my friend, as you well know." But Glorfindel only raised his brows in answer, leaving Lothuialon no chance but to be more specific about what he wanted to know.
Rolling his eyes he gave in and in an exasperated tone started to explain: "Advadedin. That is my name for him. He sat across from us yesterday. The beautiful and silent one who wears his wonderful dark hair flowing freely, who was just in here, asking you for some words in private! And all this you knew very well before I even opened my mouth!" With these last words he pointed his finger accusingly at his friend's nose who had settled on the desk smiling at Lothuialon's embaresment.
"Ah, I see. You mean Elendur. As he is Lord Erestor's assistent, you might find him either in the library or in his office, that happens to be in the west wing, down the corridor, the last door on the right."
Breathing in and straightening his back Lothuialon shot another stern look at Glorfindel. "Thank you."
With that he turned and left the room heading for the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Erestor had worked in his office for some time after he had returned from lunch. He now got up to see how Elendur was coming along with the reports he had laid on his assistent's desk. He entered the room silently and did not at first disturb Elendur who was leaning over some papers. A smile came to Erestor's lips as he watched his assistent, who in his concentration only noticed his presence when he blocked out the light that fell on the desk from the windows.
"I only wanted to see if you got all the papers worked through yet. As I see, you worked quite fast. Did you have any meal since the morning? Would you care to join me for the evening meal?"
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 09:13
"I only wanted to see if you got all the papers worked through yet. As I see, you worked quite fast. Did you have any meal since the morning? Would you care to join me for the evening meal?"

Elendur smiled slightly and felt a tingle go up his spine, there were other things he wished Erestor would ask for him to join in but...shaking his head to clear it. "Actually I have finished all the reports you laid out and I must say that King Thrandul is getting pushier every passing year. And no I have not had anything to eat since morning but I have a few other things to finish up first." *Like dusting the shelves again...* he thought wryly. In truth he did not want to see the green-eyed elf again, Glorfindel's friend had disrupted his daily 'routine.' At the look from his Lord Elendur quickly covered with a lie. "I will eat something before bed...do not worry my Lord!"

"I know you Elendur, you will not eat anything until morning..."

The Noldo smiled again, "That was only once and i have not done so since. Go eat my Lord, I will get something later. And you know I don't much care for crowds anyway." The assistant waited until Erestor's footsteps could no longer be hear and blowing out his candle went to the library. He actually wanted to finish his book.

The elf stoked the fire and with a blanket and spot on the floor picked up The Fall of Gondolin and began from his spot about Glorfindel. He unwisely was faced away from the doorway and would be susceptible to anyone who walked in to frighten him, especially with his friendly blonde Elda fighting the Balrog.

About three hours later one would find the book laid on the stool, marker carefully placed in it's appropriate spot and a tiny elf curled up in his warm blanket alseep, the slumber making him seem no more than an elfing well-away from majority; however that was not the case. So Elendur slept, encased in his fantasy dreams of Erestor... but tonight he was dreaming of a certain pair of green eyes attatched to a well-toned body dressed in the grren outfit Elendur had first seen the elf in.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 05:04
Erestor accepted Elendur's excuses and made his way to the dining hall by himself. He still at times could not help but wonder about his assistant's long working hours. He was at times even slightly worried about his well being. He knew very well that quite a few people thought the same thing about himself too, but they usually did not know the enormous amount of help Elendur was to him. In fact he had become irreplacable for him over the time, and often during the day his thoughts would wander to Elendur.

~~~~~~

Lothialon could not find Elendur when he reached the library. He could see the two maidens of the day before however, both reading. One of them seemed not all that concentrated though. She read something about Balrogs. Lothuialon shivered thinking of these creatures and saw before his inner eyes the terrible death of his friend Glorfindel once more. He was pulled from his thoughts however when he heard the maiden adress the other girl.
"Elana," she said, trying to remain polite, "Why is it you hide part of yourself? All are welcome in Imladris. What is it that worries you?"
This remark made Lothuialon notice the volume about the history of the Noldor the other maiden had read attentively. He did not want to eavesdrop on them and so he silently made his way out of the library, over the tarrace and into the gardens.
For a moment he played with the thought of looking for Advadedin -Elendur, he sighed out audiably- in his office but thought better of it, as he did not want to disturb. He found a wonderful place near a waterfall that filled a small lake before the water found it's way to a sidearm of the river. It was an idyllic spot, slightly shielded from view by some bushes and trees, underneath which Lothuialon made himself comfortable and was soon sung asleep by the sounds of the wind in the trees and the water.
When he woke it was quite late in the afternoon already. He streched his muscles and rubbed his eyes. With a smile he looked over the lake again and decided he would attempt to find Advadedin once more. The library was nearly empty when he returned, so he made his way towards Elendur's office, still indecisive if he should really intrude that place. But before he came to a decision he saw the advisor enter the office. The office that Glorfindel had spoken about. For a moment he stood watching the closed door from where he stood. Then with a sigh he turned and went to the hall to have his evening meal, hoping to see Elendur there.
His hopes were not fulfilled however. Short after him Erestor arrived in the hall. Alone. And though he waited for quite some time Elendur did not come. It was late already when Lothuialon finally left the hall and went to the library one last time this day. Against all logic he hoped to finally have another glipse of his beautiful Advadedin.
He walked through the room that was only sparsely lit. When he neared the fireplace Lothuialon stood rooted to the spot for a moment. There he was. Fast asleep, curled up under a blanket. How young and fragile he looked. The sight warmed his heart and he took a seat close by. He watched Elendur's face- or rather studied it, wondering by even the slightest movement on the face before him what Advadedin might dream of. A few times he had to stop himself from reaching over to touch the soft cheeks of brush through the open hair. He tried to make out the other Elf's form onderneath the blanket and wondered if it was comfortable to be sleeping in this position. He leaned back a little not averting his eyes from Elendur. And there Lothuialon stayed the whole night, not closing an eye, watching over Elendur's sleep, until the Elf woke in the morning.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 10:32
Elana looked at Lissiriel."I do not hide it out of want. I really only do it out of habit. My dad says if you are going to be a ranger, you shouldn't tell people you don't know if you can trust, who you are."This was all she had to say, she was unsure of the type of answer Lissiriel wanted. She sat and started to read the book. It would only take her a couple hours or so to read it.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 08:17
((Since Glorfindel's not officially taken ...I am going to answer for him... at least this time. Hope it doesn't irk you ~A_Lasgalen~))

Elendur peeked open an eye only to be greeted by the site of 'green-eyes' sleeping against a chair. It appeared that the elf had been watching over him during the night and against all judgement had fallen asleep. He was at first afraid but then worried, that sitting position could not be comfortable but for fear the slender elf covered the other with his blanket rather than wake the sleeping stranger. He quietly turned to go put the book back and practically ran to Glorfindel's office, relieved to find him there. "My Lord, I wondered if i might have a word with you?"

"Elendur, how many times...what is it my young mellon?"

"That elf, the one you have been seen with. I wondered if I could have his name. He has been looking at me and I would ask why but do not-"

"Lothuialon."

"What?"

"His name is Lothuialon and he is in the library. He wanted to speak with you about something!" The Golden Lord smiled a bit to himself as he observed the slight blush on Elendur's cheeks. The assistant was so pale it showed like a rose against the snow.

"Thank you my L- Glorfindel." Elendur raced back to his rooms and changed into a new pair of black leggings and a midnight blue shirt that nicely contrasted with his dark, flowing hair. He turned and found a new pair of boots on the floor and a note that said. Noticed your's were wearing. As a present foryour services helping my advisor. ~Elrond.

After brushing his hair until it shone and was static free the Noldo proceeded with caution back to the library where he noticed green-ey...no, Lothuialon still sleeping against the chair. He feared waking the elf so keeping his door open sat down at his desk to begin another day's work signing and amending treaties and such by none other than King Thranduil. As before a shadow appeared over his work and upon looking up Elendur was extremely suprised at who stood there.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 08:30
"I do not hide it out of want. I really only do it out of habit. My dad says if you are going to be a ranger, you shouldn't tell people you don't know if you can trust, who you are."

Lissiriel watched Elana carefully, noting some uncertainty in her answer. Lissiriel nodded slightly, realizing that that would be the only answer she would get. It answered her questions, anyways. She wathed the young maiden turn back to her book. Lissiriel gently rose and placed the book of Balrogs back on the shelf and began to look for another. After a few moments looking she found it and pulled it off the shelf. It was a beautiful blue-bound text, and by far not as old as the rest. She walked over to Elana and placed it on her table. Elana looked up to see the book. Its title in gold lettering read "A History of Aragorn and Arwen."

"It's an unfinished love story,"Lissiriel said. "Do not forget that this was also your father's home. I remember him as a child. I hope in time you will not need to hide here, in the home of family. But if you wish, I will not tell the others." Lissiriel smiled. Elana did resemble her father, only time would tell how much.

Lissiriel left the girl to her reading and spent the rest of the evening by herself, pondering Elendur. Why did he intrigue her now? After all this time? She wasn't sure but in the morning she decided to find out. Knowing it was early, she swiped some breakfast from the kitchen on her way to find the Noldo. She found him in the library, odly with another elf sleeping in a chair nearby. She tiptoed in so as not to wake him and found herself looking over Elendurs shoulder. He noticed her shadow and turned, apparently surprised.

"Shh," she said, "Your friend is still asleep. I brought you some breakfast." She handed Elendur the plate of food. He took it, still rather surprised. "I'm sorry to disturb your work. I don't really know why I'm here, but please, I would like to talk.Or at least have breakfast," she said as she took a seat next to Elendur's table. She saw his pendant as he leaned over to put the plate down. "Ive always wondered about that, she said, nodding to the pendant."Could you tell me about it?"
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 09:04
He had always seen Lissiriel around but never really knew her as he was always in the library or helping Erestor in some way. However he was a bit taken back when the maiden asked about his pendant. Elendur didn't know how to start, "Um..."*real elowuent Elendur*..."I thank you for the food. I did not eat last night and find myself hungry this morning."

While he thought of how best to approach the subject of his pendant The slender elf ate and thanked Lissiriel once more. Laying aside the papers he'd been working on so as not to dirty them Elendur told her simply,"It was given to me by my mother on the day of my majority. It's not really a pendant, just a maroon red rose petal encased in glass. See my mother loved roses and on the night of my birth her rose garden had on last petal on it the exact color maroon. I know ont how long she kept it but on my 'coming-of-age' day she said it had some of her essence in it and it woul help guide me through my life and that when I was lonely I could think of her and know a part of her was still there. The only time i take it off is in sleep. My father did the glass and gold work himself, it was a hobby of his. I was close to my family. Being and only child and all...i still miss them."

Elendur sighed and let a slow smile pass his lips. Looking up,"So how is it that I have seen you often enough around Imladris but have never spoken with you until now?" Elendur asked hopeful to get away from talking about himself, it made him extremely uncomfortable and he didn't like others knowing about his past, except Erestor and Glorfindel...*and Lothuialon* a small voice answered but was quickly silenced.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 10:01
With a slight sigh Lothuialon woke in the morning, hearing soft voices not far away. As he opened his eyes he found himself to his surprise in the library. Then the memories of the last night came back to him and he smiled. He shook his head so I did fall asleep after all. Streching his stiff muscles he realised that he could not have had more then a few hours of sleep, as otherwise he'd probably feel much worse. Only then did he notice the blanket that someone must have wrapped around him in his sleep, and his smile grew wider when he recognised the blanket. He had given it to him. Lothuialon felt the butterflies in his stomach once more at the thought.
The blanket carefully draped over his arm he stood up the leave the library, but hesitated hin the doorway. From here he could see into Elendur's office, and his Advadedin had already strated his work, but was now talking to a maiden. The Elf sat at his desk eating, while the maiden sat with her back turned towards him. As he stood there he heard Elendur talk about the pendant he wore around his neck. The maiden had most probably asked him about it, as it seemed unlikely to Lothuialon that the Elf would have started talking about it of his own. Again he smiled as he saw the slightest sign of emarresment on Elendur's face and heared the following change of subject. He did not know how long he had been standing there, when to his surprise Elendur's eyes rose from the table and met his.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 11:44
Lissiriel smiled as Elendur told her the story of the rose petal. She too missed her mother deeply, remembering the gentle touch of her comforting hands and the silent tears that lingered in her eyes in the days before she departed for good. Still, she was no only child, but worried about being the only one left if her father and brother chose to leave as well.

"So how is it that I have seen you often enough around Imladris but have never spoken with you until now?"

Lissiriel was a little taken aback by the question. She half expected it, after asking a personal question herself, but did not know how to reply. "I was once very shy, even if I do not appear that way today. I was quiet and rarely even played with others near my age before my majority; though I believe I taught Elladan how to lace his boots when I was older. Or was it Elrohir?" Lissiriel paused and smiled.

"After my mother left for Valinor I began to travel, part in hope of seeing Middle Earth before its ruin, part in case my father wished me to rejoin my mother and sister across the sea. I think it forced me to be more outgoing." Lissiriel wondered why she was telling Elendur this. Something in his eyes said that she could trust him, maybe it was to make up for what he had told her. In either case she took a deep breath, deciding to turn away from the past. "I believe I once thought of asking you how to find something, but I think Erestor came in and I got nervous!"

Lissiriel and Elendur shared a little laugh, but then Lissiriel noticed something catch Elendur's eye. She turned and saw that the other elf had risen from his sleep and was standing rather close behind her. She jumped in her chair and her eyes darted between the two. Something was going on between them, but she didn't know what it was.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 07:42
Elendur lowered his head and blushed profusely behind his hair. When he looked up however all embarassment had gone away and Erestor's assistant was in full gear. "Suiliad sir, it seems you fell asleep waiting to ask me something last night. You are awake, can I help you now? If you look for any books the I will be able to help right away. If you look for E-Erestor"...Valar I just stumbled on my Lord's name!

Then seeming to catch himself he noticed the hungry look in the other's eyes and mistook it for the elf having an empty stomach. He motioned to his other rool, "Here take this. You must be extremely hungry." Then remembering where he was Elendur introduced the two elves. "This is Lissiriel, Lissiriel this is-" he then realized he could not say his name or be at risk with questions from Lissiriel. "I supose I should introduce myself first. I am Elendur Narmielion, personal assistant to Lord Erestor. And who might you be?"

The Noldo silently berated himself, usually he was not so talkative. Always prefering to listen but around 'green-eyes' his mouth never shut. It made him look like a complete dolt and not anywhere near intelligent. Sighing in resignation, Elendur plastered a rare smiled on his face and shut the little nagging berating voice up.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email