Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Librarian's Love(PM to join...all races welcome except Sauron spawn)
on: February 11, 2005 11:57
Lothuialon saw the maiden turn only in the corner of his eyes, as he kept them fixed on Elendur, even though, to his disapointment his shy Advadedin broke the eye contact all to soon, hiding his blushing cheeks behind his hair. He had seen this red color on Elendur's face before, even though not this strong. The smile that had come across his lips faded only the slightest bit when Elendur looked up again and adressed him in a very formal manner. Sighing inwardly the warmth returned to his eyes as Lothuialon knew better then to take this formal behavior personal. At least he hoped he was right, assuming other reasons behind this demeanor.
If Lothuialon had wanted to ask him anything, Elendur inquired. Blushing a little in return Lothuialon was just about to answer- in fact he was about to tell his Advadedin the truth- when the later continued. Not knowing if he should be relieved or disapointed to have missed this chance, Lothuialon knew not what to do but to smile a little wider, hoping he would not look all too foolish. The whole time, he realized, he had not once taken his eyes off Elendur, and was still not intending to do so.
As his Advadedin started introductions he nodded to the maiden respectfully and when Elendur introduced himself, Lothuialon could not help but say: "I know." At these words he looked deep into Advaadedin's eyes, without a smile, and only after a short pause he made his introduction.
"I am Lothuialon, from the Golden Wood. I came to visit a friend." Again he bowed, this time in Elendur's direction, and stayed in this position for a short moment before standing up straight again. Another smile came to his lips, as with a slight nod of his head he accepted Elendur'S offer.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 09:14
Lissiriel wanted to giggle, but she bit her tongue and snak back into her chair watching Elendur go on and on. The blush on his cheeks never seemed to fully fade as he introduced himself, Lissiriel, and offer the elf breakfast. The only time this new elf took his eyes away from Elendur was to give a respectful nod to Lissiriel. She didn't know how this one- Lothuialon- felt about Elendur, but it was becoming quite obvious how Elendur felt about him. Lissiriel started to worry she should have slipped out of her chair earlier when she had the chance.

But, as Lothuialon accepted Elendur's offer of his food, Lissiriel felt even more awkward. At least she had a chance now to let the two be on thier own. She pushed back her chair and rose, offering her seat to the green eyed elf.

"Here, you may take my place," she said, realizing as she rose how close Lothuialon actually was behind her. "I must go and uh... tend to... uh...tend to my horse." Lissiriel slapped herself mentally. Great, now two out of three elves in the room look like bumbling idiots!Nice first impression. Lissiriel wondered if she was this charismatic around the person she had crushed on.

Ducking out from between them, she made her way to the doorway. She looked at the two behind her as she went through the doorway, watching as Lothuialon took her seat. She was about to step all the way out when someone from the hallway collided straight into her, knocking her off balance and into the doorjamb. Lissiriel winced slightly but was surprised to see just who it was that had ran into her.

Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 11:59
"I am Lothuialon, from the Golden Wood. I came to visit a friend."

Elendur nodded seeming to say he already knew. The Noldo was so engrossed in staring at Lothuialon that he didn't see or hear Lissiriel leave. His eyes watched the Green Wood elf sit and take up his offer of breakfast. His mind seemed to stop working and could only concentrate on every movement the elf made.

Elendur then realized he was staring and dropping his head blushed even more profusely. Thankfully his hair covered the blush, but it couldn't hide the feelings in his heart and mind, the ones that told him he was betraying Erestor. Without warning the assistant stood up and made some pitiful excuse before bolting past Lissiriel and the other person up to the top of the Bruinen Falls. Worse yet he hoped that Lothuialon would follow him but at the same time hoped he wouldn't. And Elendur hoped that the elf didn't ask Erestor or Glorfindel where he was since they two alone knew where his favorite hiding spot was, but then again he did want that. He didn't know which was more in tumoil: his heart or his mind.

Weary from running Elendur sat in his bole in the tree crying nonstop. He hurt inside; the conflict between his feelings for Erestor and something blooming for Lothuialon waging war inside him. He climbed out of his tree and sat, feet dangling over the edge, of the Bruinen falls. It was so beautiful, the sun hitting the water just right and creating the most magnificent rainbow. It seemed to call to Elendur, tempting him to find all its mysterious secrets. The elf followed the call and dived into the water, oblvious to the temperature or the fact he needed to breathe. He wanted to find the secrets of the river and travel into the world of the rainbow.

He felt his mind slowing down and his heart becoming sluggish but was too enthralled in the whisper calling him to feel strong pairs of hands pulling him out of the river. He gratefully slipped into unconsciousness where his waging feelings were no more.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 11:05
Lissiriel bent to help the other up when someone from behind rushed past her, nearly spinning her off her balance again. She looked up to see Elendur bolting down the hallway. Stopping in her tracks, she looked back at Lothuialon with confusion. He stared back at her blankly, just as in shock as she was. Lissiriel did not know what he would do but her instinct told her to follow him. With a stern look at Lothuialon, and an apology to the person at her feet, she bolted down the hall after him.

Breathless she found herself out in the open air again, with Elendur nowhere to be seen. He's quiet, she thought to herself, and he goes off alone, but he's never run away. He didn't run away from me this morning- something happened. Her mind raced, just trying to think. She would not want to impose his time alone, but this was not normal. She could feel it in her gut.

Muttering curses under her breath, she took the path down to the river. She could'nt help but think that this was her fault- just another hopeful day gone awry, ruining someone's life that she tried to help in her travels. Maybe I should leave this place, she thought, glancing up at the beautiful valley sides, the leaves falling gracefully from the trees, the majestic falls ahead of her.

The music of the river made her stop to listen. Slowly she put her feet in, feeling the chilly water dance over her toes. For a moment she forgot Elendur, the visitor Lothuialon, Elana, and how hungry her father must be since she stole his breakfast. She forgot it all untill she opened her eyes to see a figure falling with the water down the Bruinen. Lissiriel screamed.

Moving quickly, she hitched up her dress and ran down the bank of the river towards the falls, dreading the worst.

[Edited on 13/2/2005 by Lissiriel]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 04:11
Lothuialon did not understand what had just happened. He wracked his mind to find a reason for Elendur's sudden flight but couls find none. But there must be something wrong he thought. He stood up and turned to see where Elendur had been going and when he met Lissiriel's eyes her look seemed near accusing to him.
Obviously worried the maiden followed Elendur outside. Lothuialon hesitated for a moment. If it had been his fault, then maybe he should let Elendur be, but in the end a nagging fear won out over the reserve, and he too went outside to try and find Elendur. But it seemed all he could find was Lissiriel. The maiden stood in the river, eyes closed and did not notice his quiet aproach. Suddenly a scream escaped her and she started running towards the falls. And then Lothuialon saw it as well. Though his breath caught in his lungs he reacted imediately. Both Elves reached the at best semi-conscious figure at the same time and together they pulled Elendur out of the water. "Advadedin" Lothuialon whispered, kneeling beside the unconscious drenched with water. "My dear Advadedin. Please wake up. Please." It took Lothuialon a while to notice the small crowd that had assembled in the meantime in a reaction to Lissiriel's scream. Tears appeared in his eyes as he felt hands grabbing his shoulders and pulling him up and away from his beautiful Advadedin. Still in a state of shock he finally found to himself enough to see the accusing gazes of some of the others- most of all the stone cold glances of Erestor, who had taken Lothuialon's place at Elendur's side. And he heared murmers. He's been funny since he arrived. and I wonder what he did to Elendur.
Swallowing his tears Lothuialon cast his eyes down to the ground. Breathing in heavily to steady his dizzy self he straightened up and left towards his chambers. If there was only the slightest truth about the rumors it would be best if he left Imladris as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~

Erestor had jumped up fom his desk as soon as he heared the scream fom outside. Heart racing he ran down to the river where a few people had already assembled around- ´his heart skipped a few beats when he saw who it was unconscious on the ground. "Elendur!" He exclaimed and knelt down at his assistant's side, just as someone pulled that visitor from Lorien away. That Elf again. Since Erestor's birthday this stranger had appeared around his young assistent again and again. Always making Elendur feel uncomfortable. Not wanting to intrude Elendu's privacy Erestor had remained silent, but now something had happened, and he had no doubt that the Lorien Elf had something to do with it. Not even trying to hide his anger the advisor glared at the stranger until the later left. Then he concentrated on Elendur beneath him once more, and stayed by his side while Elendur was carried to the houses of healing.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 08:41
((Elrond's a universal character as is Glorfindel...hope you don't mind ~A_ but I took a liberty with Erestor and made him wed to Glorfindel))

Elendur vaguely felt himself being pulled to consciousness by his Lord Elrond's commanding tone. He tried to fight it but the pull to life was too strong. He felt himself shoved back into life and bolted up coughing and sputtering. "Wh-what happened?"

Elrond spoke up, "You tell me Elendur!" His tone obviously more than tinted with anger and disappointment. "What were you doing up there in the first place and..." The peredhil lord stopped as he saw painful emotion cover his charge's face. He grew more calm and brought the slender elf into his arms. "Tell me my dark star what happened for one so bright as you to succumb to the power of the Bruinen."

Sobbing slightly Elendur began his tale. "Well, see...I love Erestor, have since I was young. But when Lothuialon came he changed my 'routine' and intrigued me. I felt something for him but was afraid of betraying my feelings for my lord Erestor. I have always gone up to the top of the Bruinen, there is a tree up there where I carved a bole into it so I could sit or sleep if need be. Earlier today i was talking to Lothuialon and got mixed feelings of Erestor and 'green-eyes.' Feelings I've never had for anyone but Erestor. I got frightened and ran to my usual spot, I sat on the edge and looking at the rainbow I felt as if something was calling me and I naturally followed it. I'm sorry my Lord..."

Elrond nodded in understanding. "Does either know of your feelings?"

"N-no... I have always lacked the grace and speech possible to approach Lord Erestor about it. And 'green-eyes'-Lothuialon, is new and these feelings i have for him are different from Erestor's."

"Well, to make your decision easier I will tell you that Erestor is faithfully wed to Lord Glorfindel, has been for some time now."

As this information sunk in Elendur's pale face went even paler. His feelings toward Erestor were nothing but infatuation and were now in vain. That only left Lothuialon... "My Lord I must go to him. I must keep him here."

"You still need to rest my youn assistant. Stay in this bed for at least another day."

Elendur nodded and felt the inexorable pull toward the healing sleep that his body needed. The last thing he heard was Elrond saying that Lothuialon would be there when he awoke next. He hoped so, but probably not. It would most likely be Erestor, he wasn't sure why but had that feel-
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:49
Lothuialon had wasted no time after he had come to his decision. He would leave this place. Quickly changing into the first pair of leggins and short tunic he could find he made himself ready for the long ride home. Not even taking the time to say his farewells to Glorfindel he had then packed and was now on his way towards the stables. He would write to his friend and he was sure that Glorfindel would understand.
His heart did not want to leave and with every heavy step he took his eyes filled more and more with tears. Suddenly aware of this, Lothuialon averted his steps and instead went to the lake where he had spend some time yesterday, as he did not want to be seen in this state. He sat down on the edge of the lake for some time letting the tears stream down his face, but he made no sound. After a while he washed the tears away with the water of the river. Although he had whitnessed it's brutal strength only a bit earlier, he could not help but acknowledge it's beauty. The lake lay calmly before him, the surface only disturbed on the far end where the water splashed over a few rocks and downwards a few feet. Again he deeply inhaled the fresh and fragrent air of the valley, then he got up to leave this beautiful realm behind.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 08:33
Lissiriel waited patiently outside what she now knew as Elendur's room. She had followed Lord Elrond as he and Erestor carried Elendur's body inside. Someone had given her a towel to dry off with and she clutched it tightly while she stood there waiting for a word of Elendur's condition. She knew, of course that the elf would live, but... Lissiriel still felt responsible.

She watched as Erestor left the room, closing the door gently behind him, looking concerned but no doubt relieved. He looked upset though, ever since he saw Lothuialon at the river. She stood in the hall, still damp, for quite sometime before Elrond emerged.

Lissiriel bowed her head. "My lord, I-"

"Shh," Elrond said, interupting her. Lissiriel looked up into his dark eyes confused. "Elendur will be alright. But tell me, did you see where the visitor Lothuialon went?" Lissiriel nodded, but her brow was knit. She couldn't tell Lord Elrond what had happened. She musn't say a word unless asked. What what Elrond did next suprised her. "Go find him, bring him to me."

"Ye...Yes, my lord... Is he..?" Lissiriel couldnt ask whether he was in favor or in trouble with the elven lord- or Elendur for that matter. Elrond turned to go down the hall. "Just go, and go quickly," Elrond said over his shoulder. Lissiriel stood there watching him walk off towards Erestor's office. "Go!"

Suddenly feeling Elrond's words, she dropped her towel on a chair and went out of the house. She had seen Lothuialon head off to the lake near the stables. She hurried, hoping to catch the elf before he left for good.

She arrived just before him, and ducked into the stalls, talking to her horse Yavirandir. She leaned on one of the carved posts and held out her hand to rub her horse's forehead. He gave a little snort as a shadow entered the stables. Looking out of the corner of her eye, Lissiriel caught a glimpse of Lothuialon's robes.

"I thought I was the only one who wanted to leave today," she whispered. She turned to look deep into Lothuialon's green eyes. "My Lord Elrond bade me tell you that he wishes to see you. I do not know what you intentions are, sir, but I would recommend going to him."

As Lissiriel spoke she realized that she did not know exactly which elf she had in mind for him to go to...
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 09:18
Elendur would be resting peacefull but for his drems. He would drema off and on of greens and blacks and his cutomary colors all jumlbed together. Often the images were violent as well in color patterns, he had told his Lord Elrond about why he fell of the cliff and felt a bit better.

His mind drifted again and the combination of his medicine and stress produced sleepiness in Elendur again causing him fall into a light fitful sleep. He was awakend again though by the light from the doorway coming in...he knew someone had come in to visit poor, helpless, Elendur. He didn't want there pity or sympathy. He wanted to be up and working in his office again, but that wasn't happening anytime soon.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 01:59
Lothuialon entered into the stable, still utterly confused. Many thoughts were passing through his mind, the only thing that kept him going was the decision he had come to earlier. Only when he was spoken to did he notice the presence of another in the stable. Lissiriel, the maiden from this morning stood before him, looking him into the eyes. Her gaze was earnest but as far as he could tell not accusing.
He stood a while in silence when she had finished, as the words seemed to need a while to reach his conscious mind. When he opened his mouth to speak his voice was not smooth and melodic as usually but somewhat husky. "How is he?"
"He will live." The maiden spoke quietly.
Lothuialon released the breath he had been holding, then looked up into Lissiriel's eyes once more. "Will you grant me the favor of- of your support when I go?" He asked his voice still shaky. Though he knew Lissiriel very little, there was something about her that seemed to steady him in his confusion a little. He was not sure what she thought of him, and if she blamed him partially for what had happened, but he knew he would for some reason feel more able to face what was to come. Whatever it was. He was relieved when she inclined her head slightly in acceptance, and slowly Lothuialon turned to make his way back to the houses.
Shortly after he stood before the heavy door of the Lord's office and knocked tentatively. He was called in and with a last look into Lissiriel's eyes he entered in. The office seemed, though it was a quite large room, somewhat crowded with all the books and scrolls that were ladden on its tables and boards, and although it was clearly a functional room it did not miss to offer some basic comforts. Standing before that great Lord, Lothuialon felt a little like an elfling again, not knowing if to expect mercy or punishment.
"Lothuialon," Lord Elrond began to speak and he was compelled to look into the Lord's eyes, "I promised Elendur that you would be there when he awakes. As I don't want to break my word, I ask you not to take your leave in the next days." The Lord paused for a few moments to give Lothuialon the chance to speak, but the later remained silent.
Elrond sighed slightly, then continued. "I will not ask you what exactly befell between the two of you. What Elendur let me know shall be enough for now." Seeing the questioning look in Lothuialon's eyes, Elrond smiled slightly. " I will not tell you. But if you decide to prolong your stay I believe you will find it out yourself. Now you can go to see him, only try not to wake him."
Bowing his head to Lord Elrond, Lothuialon took his leave. As he stepped out of the office he smiled slightly to Lissiriel. "I thank you. You can not know how you helped me. I will go to him now. I hope I will see you later on?" Smiling at the kind maiden once more he turned to make his way to Elendur's bedside.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 04:39
((I'm sorry but, i am alittle confused, whats going on?))
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 11:21
(yeah, a short post, but Im feeling uncreative today. Sorry. Stridlas, last time we saw your character she was reading in the library, a lot of time has passed since then, but you probably have heard of Elendur's... "accident" at the Bruinen by now but Elrond wouldnt publicize the hows or whys.)

Lissiriel wanted to support Lothuialon. She didn't know his intentions, but he looked so shaken, that she felt that if he stayed she would too. Now though she knew that the worried elf was not in trouble, though again she had the feeling that Erestor might see that differently.

"I thank you. You can not know how you helped me. I will go to him now. I hope I will see you later on?" Lissiriel looked up at Lothuialon's kind smile and nodded. "Yes. I will be here," she said meaning it in more ways then one. Lissiriel watched Lothuialon make his way to Elendur's bed and sit gracefully in a chair near the head of the bed. She offered him a smile as Elendur stirred. Was he waking? Lothuialon seemed somewhat nervous but happy, so Lissiriel ducked out of the room and closed the door quietl behind her. She paused for a second to hear someone's voice begin to speak. Down the hall she saw Lord Elrond telling a group of concerned Elves that Elendur had just had an accident but would be okay. She didn't stay to hear elrond's explaination of the 'accident,' and went out to get some fresh air. She would come back to visit later, maybe near dinnertime which was fast approaching.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 12:07
Elendur slowly opened his eyes to reveal Lothuialon sitting beside him. His mind raced through the past day's events and was shocked that the elf was still here. "Y-You are s-still here?"

"Try not to talk so much. Your throat is still sore. And yes, I'm still here."

Elendur didn't heed the words of 'green-eyes', all he heard wasYes i'm still here. For some reason that made the librarian's heart fill with joy and he completely forgot about his crush on Erestor. Now that he knew Erestor wasn't free Elendur no longer needed to worry and now Elendur realized it was just an infatuation because he respected the other, wiser elf. "W-W-Why did you stay? I was v-very rude to you! I am sorry for my terrible manners. I'm not used to having these feelings inside." The stress of the other day caught up with Elendur again and he fluttered his eyes in weariness but stayed awake; he wanted to hear the Lothlorien elf's answer.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 07:40
((Thanks alot ))
Elana had finished in the Library. She had learned alot from her readings. She had read the book suggested by Lisseril after the one she had started before lisseril left. She wandered aimlessly down the hall thinking about all she had read, hoping she wouldn't run into anyone.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 09:56
It was not long after Lothuialon had sat down beside Elendur's bed, when the librarian awoke. Smiling Lothuuialon leaned in a bit closer.
"Y-You are s-still here?" Elendur's voice was shaking slightly, he realised and calmed himself with the thought that this would only be natural after what had happened.
Trying to ease the worry he believed to hear in Elendur's voice he assured him that he was not going to leave, but instead of relaxing Elendur continued.
A short silence fell. Why had he stayed? Lothuialon was not sure what to say. "I... Well, I ment to leave. I came to the conclusion that what happened... I thought I might have been the reason. I never wanted any harm to come upon you, so..." Again he fell silent for a moment, not quite knowing how to continue. "Lord Elrond told me I should be here when you awoke, and I hoped that there might have been another reason. I hoped everything might turn out alright in the end.... I'm here because I have hope."
Lothuialon had looked at Elendur while he had been talking but now averted his eyes and fell silent, waiting for, yet dreading Elendur's reaction.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 08:48
"I... Well, I ment to leave. I came to the conclusion that what happened... I thought I might have been the reason. I never wanted any harm to come upon you, so..."

Elendur spoke up fervently, "NO, NO, NO!! It wasn't our fault, it was my...stupidity! I have though recently learned some things from Lord Elrond and, well..." For the first time in his 5000 year life the assistant didn't know what to say. His words just failed him so he did the only think that came to mind. He pulled Lothuialon down towards him and kissed him before letting him go and turning his head away in shame. He silently chided himself, Valar Elendur you had to do something stupid!!! Everything's ruined now!!!

He sighed loudly and beast his head against the pillow, he had just lost all chances of anything now, he was absolutely sure the Golden Wood elf would get up and walk away. When, after a few seconds, the other didn't leave Elendur looked toward the other elf. "Why aren't you leaving? I'm sorry for that...I don't kn-" Elendur was the interupted.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 07:58
Lothuialon's heart raced when he was so passionately interrupted. For a moment he did not know what to do or say, but indulge in this wonderful feeling. Only when Elendur spoke again he realised in how much doubt he had left the other. Before Elendur could finish his sentence Lothuialon leaned down to kiss his Advadedin's lips. Pulling away only inches he said: "Don't be sorry. There is no reason for it, my Advadedin." Closing his eyes once more he kissed Elendur again, more passionate this time, but not letting himself go comepletely as he was still aware of the other's weakness.
As they finally pulled apart, Lothuialon did not take his eyes off Elendur and softly placed his hand upon his beloved one's.
Remembering the book he had seen Elendur with before in the library he got up. Walking over to the door he whispered "I'll be right back." And indeed he returned but a little later with the leatherbound volume in his hands. Taking his place once more beside Elendur's bed he opened the book and began reading out lound from it's pages, forgetting the time in his bliss.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 10:04
A ranger generaly enters a town missing one of three things: Food, Equipment, or Blood. Wolf entered Imladris missing two of the above, and it had been a while sense he had a fight.
Wolf smelled he had entered at just the right time, and moved towards the food, remembering partly though that he should anounce his arival to the lord, before proceeding to dinner.
Walking though the court yard, his eye was drawn to a wandering elvish woman, and soon recognized her as Lisserial. He found himself waving for her attention before he considered if it was a good idea.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 11:12
(ooc: where did you come from! )

Lissiriel let herself wander, enjoying the fresh air. She smiled at the thought of Elendur and Lothuialon. I hope they work things out, she thought, as she leaned on a balcony rail.

She sighed part out of contentment and part out of relief, but something caught her eye as she did so. Lissiriel turned to see the figure of a ranger waving fanatically at her. Lissiriel blushed, recognizing Wolf. She glanced downward and shuffled her foot. Great, just what I needed, she thought with a little gasp. I didn't ask to deal with this now too..

When she looked back up she saw Wolf bound up the stairs to the balcony and promptly voiced what was on her mind. "What in Eru's name are you doing here?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 11:26
(occ: Just surfing the forums for a thread that was a little more active.)

"Well, hello to you too."
Wolf stoped a little closer then he intended, and droped back a step, trying not uncomfortable, like he felt. He quickly moved his mind to the subject at hand,
"Aragorn sent me, well, more acuratly, Arwen got Aragorn to send me. She's woried about her little daughter. I heard she was here."
After a pause, Wolf's stomach growled. "Is dinner ready? Its been... a while sense I've eaten."
Ask her if she'd join you for dinner Wolf! he thought to himself
"Perhaps we could ..uh.. catch up over somthing to eat."
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 12:05
Lissiriel had a puzzled look on her face. Elana? Lissiriel certainly did not know the worry a mother could posess, but she understood from meeting the girl why a ranger would be sent to check on her. But why this one?

"Is dinner ready? Its been... a while sense I've eaten. Perhaps we could ..uh.. catch up over somthing to eat."

"Dinner?!" Lissiriel said, suddenly remembering her mental promise to bring the two elves dinner. "Yes, yes," she said calming down. Lissiriel suddenly realized that the ranger had asked to dine with her. She suddenly felt giddy but did not understand why. "Yes, Dinner should be ready. But there is something i must do, if you dont mind. Come," she said as she began to walk towards the kitchens, stopping only to pluck a sprig of blue flowers from a nearby bush.

Wolf followed her close behind. Lissiriel couldn't help noticing how close, but for some reason it didn't bother her either. When the reached the kitchens she asked one of the cooks for a sick bed tray for Elendur, still feeling disoriented, you understand, but grabbed an extra plate and put twice as much food on it. She wondered what Wolf was thinking as she placed the flowers on the tray and walked down the hallway to Elendur's room, humming under her breath and shooting smiles at the ranger by her side. When she reached his door, she placed the tray down on the floor and rapped loudly on the door. Feeling rather playful, she turned grabbed Wolf's arm and began to sprint down the corridor back towards the main entrance and Elrond's hall where dinner would be served.

Laughing, she collapsed on the wall near the entrance to the hall. She saw Wolf's puzzled looks and laughed a little more. She felt like a child again, but in a good way. Taking a moment to calm down, she tried to explain. "Two of my friends," she began, have had a difficult day. I just decided to suprise them with a quaint dinner for two." After saying this she realized that that didnt explain the running away, or running through the whole house for that matter, but she didn't want to tell Wolf the thrill she felt at touching his arm. She wouldve run for miles.

Lissiriel blushed and turned away. "Elana may come to the hall to dine as well. We should go in now." Lissiriel turned away further feeling embarrassed, and stepped through the door into the hall.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 10:27
Elana started to fell hungry when she remembered she had not eaten all day. Even though she had been in the dining hall for breakfast, she did not eat anything. She decided that she would head for the dining hall."I think I should like to run, I have not done so in a couple of years." Elana said to herself. She ran down the hall all the way to the dining hall. As she reached the door she skidded to a stop."I forgot what a thrill it was to run."Elana said, not a bit out of breath, as she opened the door to dining hall. She noticed a couple of other people already here. She walked over to them after she got her food. "Mind if I sit here Lissiriel and friend.I'm sorry I don't know your name, would mind telling me. I am-"Elana felt like she could not trust him but, she told him her name anyway,"-Elana."
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 09:33
Elendur did'nt know what to say or do as Lothuialon kissed him again. An unknown feeling sparked within him and it made him feel happy. He had never known this strange feeling before, but the Noldo thought he would probably come to enjoy it. As the other pulled away he sighed, "That felt so wonderful." He felt that a little disheartening to experience his first kiss in a sick bed, but it was wonderful.

I'll be right back.

Elendur wondered where the other could have gone when he came back with the book he was reading the other night. This thoughtfulness caused his face to light up in a smile and the it grew wider when the other elf resumed his seat and began reading out of the tome. The way Lothuialon read hte words, he made them sound so sensual and passionate. He became lost to time, mesmerized as he was by Lothuialon's voice.

The assistant was startled out of it however by a knock on the door and then feet quickly scuttling away. He pointed the sound out to Lothuialon who then stood up and opened the door to find two plates of food sitting on the ground. Elendur peeked up from behind the Golden Wood elf and laughed softly. "It is from Lissiriel. Only she would leave the flowers."
Elendur led the elf back in and they sat down to eat the food in a comfortable silence until Elendur asked a question that was preying on his mind. "Lothuialon, why do you call me your 'silent retreat'? And what about me intrigues you so? I am but a simple librarian with no friends and no family."
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 05:11
Before they had started to eat Lothuialon had lit some candles in exchange for the slowly fading light that came in through the windows. Now their warm light spread through the room, touching everything with it's gold.
While eating Lothuialon admired the flowers, that had found a spot on the table along with the candles and the food, and for a moment his mind drifted to Lissiriel. She was indeed someone special, and though not much had yet passed between them he felt like he had found a friend. He hoped sincerely that he would in time be able to show her how thankful he was.
"Lothuialon, why do you call me your 'silent retreat'? And what about me intrigues you so? I am but a simple librarian with no friends and no family."
"But you are the most beautiful librarian I've ever seen!" Lothialon said with a smile looking up to Elendur. Seeing the seriousness that the words had been uttered with, his smile faded slightly, but not completely from his face.
"You are wrong. You have friends. Seldom have I seen so many worried faces, as when you were pulled out of the river. And quite a few were even angry with whom they thought responsible for your pain, I can assure you." Looking deep into Elendur's eyes he continued: "And what can family tell about you even if they're alive? Precious little at times. Even less so when they're dead. Mine has passed into Mando's halls long ago."
Another moment of silence fell between them. The smile returning to Lothuialon's face, accompanied by a soft blush of his cheeks he did his best to explain the mane he had given his love. "It's not really like I have chosen this name for you. It came from my heart. I did not know for some time how else to call you and... I...." Breathing in again to try and clear his thoughts, Lothuialon let his eyes wander through the room. When they came back to rest on Elendur, who had been sitting quietly, waiting for him to answer, he found the curage to continue. "It seemed not only to fit what I could see of your character, but also what I felt for you from the start. Even only looking at you, my heart can be at rest."
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 09:09
"It seemed not only to fit what I could see of your character, but also what I felt for you from the start. Even only looking at you, my heart can be at rest."

Elendur blushed and dropped his gaze. "That is very kind of you. I have no such name for you other than 'green-eyes'. Your eyes are what drew me first, they are my favorite color and green brings me peace." He brought his gaze back up and locked it on to Lothuialon's. "I feel all flustered around you and my heart beats so fast. I've never felt like this before, my heart beats so fast now! You're so beautiful..."

Elendur quit talking, he didn't know how to continue and felt like he was making a fool of himself. He blushed again and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear, stifling a yawn as he did so. "I'm sorry, everything's been so stressful lately. I'd like to sleep now, would yo- ummmm....I was wonde-" the Noldo calmed himself and took a deep breath, "Lothuialon, would you spend the night with me here. I don't want to be alone and I like your company!" There he said it, now all there was was to wait for a hopefully positive answer.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 04:18
Listening to Elendur's confession, Lothuialon's heart started racing. "Green-eyes". That was not such a bad name for him. His own family had made their remarks about the strong green color of his eyes often enough. He was absolutely contend, and would not have needed anything else but stay in this moment.
But then Lothuialon was once again surprised by Elendur.
"Lothuialon, would you spend the night with me here. I don't want to be alone and I like your company!"
Though seeming so shy, at times Elendur summoned enough courage to frankly ask for or do things that Lothuialon would not have adressed so soon. It did not make him feel uncomfortable at all though. In the contrary, he very much liked the butterflies no other then his Advadedin could make him feel. Smiling broadly he agreed.
Happily he continued eating, and tearing a bit of bread off the loaf he held it out to feed Elendur.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 12:48
She wondered what Wolf was thinking as she placed the flowers on the tray and walked down the hallway to Elendur's room, humming under her breath and shooting smiles at the ranger by her side.

At first he was admiring her grace, though when she placed the flowers on the tray, he though she might be bringing dinner to a love of hers. A thought which made Wolf sad, though he refused to admit it to himself. Upon seeing how much food she piled on the plates, though, his worry failed, for ether she was feeding a hobbit, or she was providing dinner for a couple. The sidelong glances also reassured him, at least, until they started to embarrass him. All of the thoughts were occasionally interrupted by a growling stomach reminding him how long it had been sense he had eaten. Then she dropped the food at someones door, knocked, and grabbed Wolf's arm, running away, dragging him with her. By the time they stopped, he was throughly confused, but happy. He was also happy when they got in to the dinning room, and began eating. Soon after sitting down, a young lady came over;

"I'm sorry I don't know your name, would mind telling me. I am Elana."

"And I am Dindraug, though I mostly go by its Westron translation." Wolf answered. "We've met before, when you when you were much younger, and I stopped to see your father."
Wolf paused to take a bite from the hobbit-sized portion on his plate;
"I'm glad I caught you while you were here, I was afraid I was going to have to track you down in the wild somewhere."
Wolf returned to eating, then realized that he had yet to explain why he was looking for her;
"In case your wondering, you father sent me; at request from your mother, she's worried about you."
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 02:36
Lissiriel watched wide eyed as Wolf piled food upon his plate. "You look like you haven't eaten in days," she said, in between a bite of food. "I haven't," replied Wolf. She watched as he took a bite of bread from one hand while reaching with his other for a piece of meat. Lissiriel smiled and continued to watch the ranger take his fill, admiring how he would gently pull his hair back when it fell in his face. He was gentle, rough, bumbling and wonderful.

Lissiriel's daydreaming was ended when Elana showed up. Lissiriel pointed her to a seat on the other side of the table, welcoming her. She found the young elf an extra plate and set of silverware, and wondered what Wolf would do now that he had found who he was looking for.

"I'm glad I caught you while you were here, I was afraid I was going to have to track you down in the wild somewhere."

Lissiriel swallowed her food with a big gulp and looked up at both Wolf and Elana, realizing that she would probably not know that someone was sent to check up on her. I would not like it if my father did that to me, she thought, watching Elana stare at Wolf, who once again resumed eating. She was glad when he put the qualifier on the statement by mentioning Arwen's involvement.

"Your mother is a very caring person, Elana." She said. "You are lucky to have such a large family of cousins who would come to aid you if you so needed." And who are just as caring and sweet... she thought to herself before quickly filling her mouth with food again.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 06:48
Elendur accepted the piece of bread, but did not eat it. At the look from lothuialon he sighed, "I am no longer hungry. I am but tired from the past days." The assistant stifled another yawn and gently pushed his tray away then somewhat shakily stood up to make up a bed for his Lothuialon. He pulled a spare bed close as he cold to his and drew back the covers on it. "You can sleep here."

Elendur yawned again amd laid down shyly kissing Lothuialon again. "Good night." Soon his eyes were glazed in reverie and his mind in the land of dreams.

((we should have some sort of conflict with Lothuialon, Erestor, and Elendur.))
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 03:45
(( I thought we might spend some time on the other story lines in the thread before we jump into another conflict with these chars. What do you think? I might prepare the basis for the conflict in some Erestor posts in the meantime though.))

Lothuialon quietly cleaned off the table while Elendur prepared a bed for him. Placing the dishes on the tray he carried it over to a small table with some drawers close to the door. He would bring everything to the kichens in the morning, on his way to get the breakfast for the two of them. The flowers he placed on the window sill near the bed, where they would catch the soft lights of the night.
He then went out onto the balcony for a moment to give Elendur the chance to wash and slip into some new clothes for the night. When he returned he opened the braids that always kept his hair back during the day, humming a melogy he knew from his childhood, then undressed until he only wore his under tunic, and then slipped onto the bed with a contended sigh.
Before he blew out the last candle that still illuminated the room, he looked into Elendur's eyes, then softly took his hand into his, pulled it over and kissed it.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 09:26
((Sounds dandy...I'll try and help when I can))

Morning broke and with it a very well-rested Noldorin elf. Elendur stretched his body, stiff from lack of use. He did not want to wake his dear Calenglin(green eyes) but neither did he want the other to miss breakfast. Going to stand up the male found his hand in Lothuialon's and he blushed. Kneeling back down the assistant kissed the warm and and the gently the cheek. At a sight of clearing eyes Elendur spoke softly, "I am tired of being immobile. I though we could break our fast in the dining hall this beautiful morning." The elf paused for minute before speaking again, "I have thought of a name for you. Since I am your Advadedin you will be my Calenglin. My mind was confused and could not produce the words in Elvish to tell you."

For the thousandth time it seemed Elendur ducked his head and blushed a healthy shade of red, only barely masked by his cascade of hair.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 03:52
Being gently kissed awake and upon opening his eyes looking in the eyes of his beloved Advadedin, Lothuialon still felt like in a wonderful dream. Knowing that this was real made his feeling of bliss nearly overwhelming.
Still smiling about the words his love had uttered, he slowly sat up on his bed, placed two fingers underneath Elendur's chin, lifted his head gently and bade his love good morning with a long loving kiss.
Soon both were up and washed and Celebûrion hurried to his chambers to get himself new clothes for the day. The ones he wore from the day before were nothing for this day, as it was merely functional traveling attire. Putting on a heavy black robe with green embroidery on the hem and matching lining and belt he was quite satisfied with the result. Braiding all of his hair back into it's usual style he turned and headed back to Elendur's chamber, where they would meet to go the hall for breakfast together.

~~~~~~

Erestor had been up long last night. In the chamber he shared with Glorfindel he had been pacing up and down ceaselessly. Finally he had spoken up: "And I'm sure all of this happened only because of this friend of yours!"
"And why would he be to blame?" Glorfindel answered patiently.
"He's been around Elendur eversince he arrieved. And I've not ever seen Elendur so confused. Your friend should have left."
"Lothuialon." Glorfindel put in once more but was ignored by Erestor.
"He should have left even before any of this happened. And why is he still here? Doesn't he know what the people say about him?!"
"Well, those are roumors greatly fed by yourself, my dear Erestor, if I'm not mistaken. You do not know why it happened. You should calm yourself until you find out." Glorfindel replied and went over to the bed.

The next morning had not brought nuch improvement to Erestors mood, but as he was going to the hall for breakfast he was determined to ignore the Lorien Elf if he should turn up there.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 07:24
Elendur wore something different today; he wore his emerald green robe with Lorien leaves on it(a present from Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel), but changed into his customary black leggings and boots, brushing his hair until it shone. He would take a bath later; then there was a knock on the door. He opened it and found it was Lothuialon. He happily took The elf's hand and walked proudly toward the dining hall.

He ignored the stares and murmurs about his Calenglin, instead leading the male to sit next to him;his own chair being right next to Lord Erestor's. Elendur nodded to Glorfindel and Erestor as they walked in careful to observe how either Lord reacted to Lothuialon sitting with them at the head table. It seemed his Lord Erestor was not taking it so well probably having a dislike of Lothuialon now but the bonde Elda smiled at them both and whispered something to his love before sitting down.

Elendur looked to his love and shyly kissed his cheek, blushing again as a few stared at him.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 11:07
"Yes, isn't my mom just the greatest,"Elana said, not caring to hide the sarcasm in her voice."Now, why exactly did she send you, I haven't done anything stupid...Recently." Elana couldn't help but add the last part, she half laughed when she said it.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 03:48
((I have problems with my computer at the time (I'm at my mom's now), so I don't know how often I can post in the newt time. I'll do what I can.))

Entering the hall Lothuialon felt the many curious and at times even unfriendy eyes on him. Only Elendur's surprisingly firm grip on his hand was enough support for him to ignore the stares. When Glorfindel and Erestor entered Lothuialon at first caught his friends well-meaning eyes, then looked to Erestor. The advisors eyes were hard and a bit of anger showed in them. Erestor's lips were a thin line but he said nothing.
Lothuialon lowered his gaze to avoid further conflict, and looked up in surprise when Erestor bent over and kissed his cheek. Looking over into his Advadedin's eyes the first smile came across his face since he had entered the hall.
And not everybody here believed in the rumors. Again he thought he should express his thanks to Lissiriel.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email