Register

Author Topic:
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Cost of Love
on: February 08, 2005 08:02
(nope. )

Kahlan saw Liadan come up to the assasin. Her eyes narrowed. What was happening now?
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 08:12
(( I'm not a bad guy.. wait. ok, this might work ))

Bronn raised an eye brow when Kahlan started into her death threats. He knew someone was in the tree behind them but he didn't care. He continued to stare at Kahlan after she walked away. He had a feeling the time was coming to explain some things if He wanted to keep his life.
He felt a small tap on his shoulder and he turned. Liadan stood there, she asked him "Why do you stay?" He kept a smile on his face as He thought about this a moment, then answered. "walk with me." He turned and headed east. He walked till he was out of site of the others then turned back to her. His smile was gone, but no other expression had taken its place.
"Because I may have been the one who killed Niola. I can not remember the name of the woman I killed. I would like to help Hallen, but.." He shook his head. "also, the others think me scum. I plan on changing their mindset. I only kill when the price is right. I don't go around knocking people off for fun. I do not plan on making friends with these people but I will not let them keep stareing at me"
He looked at the girl in front of him. A small smile slipped back on his face. She looked so young, but He knew she was hundreds of years older then him "I hope I have answered your question. please do not change your thinking of me, I feel I may need a friend soon." He turned and started to walk back, He looked over his shoulder to make sure she was following. He may not go around killing people but he had an acquaintance in these woods that did. He was starting to like this friendly girl, He didn't want her to fall.

[Edited on 8/2/2005 by veneaquende]
reisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 10:08
Liadan followed Bronn slowly, she wasn't sure why they couldn't just trust each other, she wasn't even sure why she stayed. She was not used to this game of picking and choosing your friends. She had never had to look past the surface of anyone, she had always been able to take people at face value. Now she did not know what to think.
Liadan looked up at the sky, and let out a small sigh of pleasure at the sight. She had written many songs about the night sky and the heroes immortalized in the stars. She wondered if anyone would ever have any use for them.
She wished to tarry out here, away from the others, and thought that Bronn shouldn't be so eager to please this group of people so much as just leave and forget about them. She was tempted to leave for completely different reasons than the ones she supposed would push him to leave, but she wanted to depart just the same...
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 10:13
"Um, no, thanks, Tristain. I was eating just before Hour started going crazy. There was something strange in the air. It felt like someone was watching us." She shrugged the feeling away and smiled again. "I am glad we found some company. Hour and me have been wondering around this woods for nearly two weeks without seeing anyone else." No need to mention that she was purposefully staying away from any major towns hoping that HE wouldn't find her.
She noticed that some of the people in the group had drifted off into the forest. Figuring that she wouldn't need to fight anyone any time soon she took her long sword off and set it by her pack. She looked to Tristian. He certainly seemed to be the friendliest in the group. She usually considered herself quite friendly but years of traveling and a shy nature made her uncomfortable when surrounded by a group of strange people. So why was she staying here?
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 05:36
(waiting for Lysse...lol )
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 05:49

"Ok." Tristain pulled out a lof of bread, a flask of water and some cheese and berries. "I've been following my sister for the last while, It gets boring sometimes, back in Rivendell." He took a bite of the cheese on the bread and looked around. "I heard this forest's cursed. I havn't the slightest clue if it is, but sometimes it seems that way. I don't even know if it has a name. But better out here than in a big city."

Methven leaned farther forward when he saw Liadan enter the scene. From her rocky point, everything was visible. The stars especially. Liadan followed Bronn out of the clearing, and Methven felt sudenly worried for her. But why was she worried? She just shrugged and walked back to camp, and as she passed by, she snatched some of the bread that Tristain was eating. "Hey!"
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 08:30
Bronn walked back into their little camp and sat down, putting a bit of space between him and the others. He unstrapped his his sword from his back and took out a whet stone. He unsheathed his blade and started to hone the edges.
When He was finished he put his sword away as well as the whet stone, then He looked about the group. putting names to the faces, He saw Methven take the bread from Tristain. It reminded him of his friends at home. There were a few names he couldn't remember, So He got up, grabbed his sword and walked over to where Tristain and Alassë were talking.
He sat down near the fire and waited for them to notice him. He didn't really care if they did or not. but, He could always use conversation. He set down his sword and pulled out his knife, fingering the edges. it wasn't sharp enough. So he took out his whet stone again and sharpened his knife. The steal had the light of the fire dancing on it, as well as moon light. He stopped for a moment and watched it. then he resumed his work.

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by veneaquende]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 12:40
((Sorry, Silver. ))

Bláithín wiped away a tear as she spoke in reply to Hallen. "Yes...I visited Nucumna to see where you had gone...The poor dear. I wish I could..."

Eyes full of tears of joy and sadness at the same time, Bláithín suddenly noticed the many strangers that surrounded them. "Hallen," she said quietly, "who are these people?" She hesitantly moved toward the fire, also newly aware of the chill of the night, keeping a curious eye on the strangers.
reisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 01:22
Liadan watched everyone for a few moments before wandering away. There wasn't much there that interested her. The only reason she stayed was that she did not want the others to jump to any more conclusions about Bronn.
The forest was beautiful, and Liadan appreciated the moonlight that filtered through the trees. Her harp was still strapped to her back, she would not part with it for anything.
After wandering away far enough not to disturb anyone she pulled her harp from its strappings and sat down on a large flat rock. She plucked a few strings, then tuned her beautiful instrument.
She thought for a moment before deciding on a song. She remembered a song that she learned from an old scop in one of the mortal villages. It was a sad song, about love, and death.
She sang the first few lines as she plucked chords and counter-melodies on her harp. She hoped that she wasn't singing too loudly for she did not want to draw any attention from the others at camp.
She knew this song well, and enjoyed singing it. The song was about two lovers, they were parted brutally. The woman died to protect her lover, who only died once he learned of her death. Such a sad tale that she couldn't comprehend it, that and the fact that she did not know what love felt like..

(ok...Liadan...is none too bright..she randomly goes off alone..and she's just not too quick...but I think the song goes well...even if it doesn't fit in too well with ME...which is why I didn't put in any of the verses...but it's called 'the highwayman' and it's by Alfred Noyes...I'm done..)
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 02:57
Myrrima stood, staring after Bronn for a time. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't get herself to trust him. And it wasn't just the fact that he was an assiasin. SHe had a gut feeling about him. One she didn't like. It was the kind of feeling she got when she needed to pay attention, do something important, or go somewhere, like the one she had gotten that brought her here. TO Hallen. She didn't know where the feelings came from, they just were there. Then she heard music. She checked on Bronn, from a distance of course, and then folllowed the sound. She came upon Liadan playing her harp again. She stood off to the side listening for a while, nodding in time with the music. "That is so beautiful....and so sad." said Myrrima. She felt tears running down her face at the music. So beautiful, she thought. Just so beautiful.

[Edited on 10/2/2005 by Kahlan]
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 03:26
Alassë couldn't help the giggle that escaped her at Tristain's exclamation. "You and your sister seem to be very close, that is good. So, Rivendell, it is a beautiful place but much too peaceful for wondering souls. Ah but the library, I wouldn't mind spending a couple of months in there. Few other places have such a wide variety of books." She finished with a dreamy sigh remembering the last time she had been there. Coming out of the memory of a particularly good book she yawned lightly and noticed for the first time how late it was. It was then when she heard the sound of stone striking metal. She turned to see that Bronn had taken a sit nearby. She smiled at him when he looked up from his sword. She liked this man, he hadn't been angry about Hour for tackling him and that by it self earned her respect and friendship. "Tell me, Bronn, what place do you call home? In return I will tell you that if pressed I call Ithilien my home though I haven't been there in quite a while." As she waited for his answer she looked for Hour who had walked into the forest a few moments ago. She finally spotted him walking the perimeter of their camp. A smile came to her face. He was making sure there wasn't any danger close by.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 04:51
Bronn sat his knife on his lap and looked at Alassë. He took a deep breath and looked into the fire. then said "Home. My home is far away from here. But, like you I have not been there in many years."
He paused for a moment and smiled, remembering people long gone. "its a small town, not even on the maps last I looked. they called it Tarth, but I don't think thats the true name. MY mother worked in the ale house, so I would sit there at one of the tables and just talk to people. But that was at least ten years ago. Its near the mountain Carn Dûm."
His smile brightened as he thought about his old friends. Chiggin, Osha, Jannos. He missed them. He picked his knife back up and ran his finger over the blade. It started to draw blood so He wiped the blade and put it back in its sheath. He tucked his whet stone away and looked back to Alassë. "Ithilien you say? do you have family there?"
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 07:48

Tristain turned his eyes to Bronn. He wasn't sure about this character, he had witnessed his sister's outburst, but he hadn't really decided on the man. "A wanderer. At least you can't get too home sick. I like to travel." He threw the bread to Methven, which she took greatfully. After, he pulled out his bedroll. Once laying it on the earth, he sat down, and pulled out a blanket. "Night all."
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 08:34
She returned her attention to Bronn as he started to speak. She closed her eyes as she listened to what he told her. The way his voice raised and dropped as he talked was soothing to her ears. She heard Tristain lying down for the night but still couldn't pull away from the magic that Bronn's words were weaving. She smiled widely, his voice reminded her of her ada's. Which was probably the reason why she answered his question with the full truth.
"Not anymore. My mother died soon after my birth and she had no family left save for my father. After a couple of years my father felt himself starting to fade and decided to go out and travel Middle Earth. Since then I have never been in any one place for more than a year or two. My father is now in Minas Tirith where he has probably taken over and banned entrance to the library. That's just the way he is. Of course he will charm the king into thinking nothing of it."
She let out a small laugh. It had been a long time since she had been able to remember her father with anything but anger. "And he should stay there and mind his own business." She stopped herself before she started ranting. She forced a smile for Bronn before turning to stare into the dancing flames of the fire.
Remembering what Bronn had said before a question rose in her mind. She knew she was being nosey but she was curious about the type of life he had lived. "If you grew up in a small town you must have had a lot of friends. Will you tell me about them?"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 12:42
Hallen looked about him and said to her, "I was alone for a while...but then one after another they came to me. I don't even know half of their names." He laughed at this and followed her to the edge of the fire.
He sat down and looked at everyone and then whispered said again, "I find it strange that we meet here tonight, perhaps we are closer in our fates than one will think."
He noticed that everyone seemed to ponder this.
He looked at his hands and began to scrap the blood off of him. He hadn't the energy to get up and wash himself after haveing no sleep for some time. He stretched and decsied to lay awhile. He wasn't sure if he could even fall asleep.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 02:01
Bronn looked up once again at Alasse. "well, I did have many. I did. not anymore. all I have left are Osha, Chiggin and Jannos. Osha is a girl from the coast. She has short brown hair and bright blue eye. I think, I miss her the most. Chiggin is my brother so I don't have much to say about him." Bronn smiled then continued.
"Jannos.. He has black hair and black eyes, He was always getting into trouble. He couldn't fight worth dirt so I was always the one to get him out." He shook his head and said" I used to duel with him. I think He may be gone now though. last I saw of him He was getting taken to some city to work. I'm not sure where. I imagine if I ever went back the only one there would be Osha. my mom died when I was 'round eight and chiggin is always off on another adventure. Thats why I haven't taken the time to go back. I don't think she would remember me."
A sad look came over Bronns face as He stared into the flames. "Thats why I'm an assassin you know." He continued to look at the fire. "My mom was killed. so I went after the person responsible. I took his sword and his name after I killed him. He was a mercenary, and I had a strange ability to kill. so I became him." He shrugged and stayed silent. a while later he said "My real name is Jory.. Jory Cassel. but, that name is of no use anymore... you should go to sleep. Its late." He stood then, sword in hand, and walked off into the darkness. He sat down against a tree and leaned his head back to sleep. To face what would come in the morning.
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 03:15
She watched Bronn walk away. His was a sad tale. For a moment he had had the look of a lost little boy. On the other hand she envied him. He had known what friendship is. She enjoyed traveling but for the same reason she had never had a lasting friendship.
While it was late she suddenly found herself full of energy. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to sleep now she walked around the camp noticing that most of the people where now sleeping. Patting a hand to her thigh, Hour quickly went to her side.
She didn't know if the rest of the people had food with them but even if they did they would appreciate fresh meat and whatever else she could find. Taking her long sword with her, she left the camp with Hour at her side. She would have the meal ready before those who were resting awakened.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 04:33
Bronn woke about an hour before dawn. He stood and built the fire back up. Then He picked up his longsword and strapped it on his back. Alasse had gotten him thinking about home, and now He couldn't stop thinking about Osha. He missed that girl. Her smiles and her jokes. Ah, that could be fixed later.He looked around the camp for Alasse. When He didn't see her he headed into the woods, hoping to find her Then He remembered his horse. He had left the animal in the woods when He had spotted the elves. "Greywind!" He yelled. Then He stood and listened. He could hear hoof beats, but He couldn't see the horse. He turned around and saw the grey stallion, coming to him. As the horse galloped by Bronn caught the horses mane and swung himself up. He suddenly remembered how many times He had fallen just to get that right. He rode through the woods for awhile then He rode back to the camp. it was starting to get light. As He rode up He saw Alasse and the others. He dismounted and walked over to the fire to warm his hands.

[Edited on 11/2/2005 by veneaquende]
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 05:10
"Bronn, you are right on time. I caught a deer and the meat is just about ready. I also found some berries. They are a little sour still but they are good." She smiled as the man warmed his hands by the fire. Suddenly she felt Hour nuzzling her leg. "No, Hour, you have already had your share. The others need to eat some too, you mustn’t be so selfish." Though she tried being stern she ended up taking a little bit of the meat and giving it to the wolf. Kissing Hour's nose she stood up again to check on the meat. "I hope you enjoyed your ride. Your horse is very handsome." She walked over to the horse but turned to Bronn before she actually touched it. "Can I touch him?" And though the question seemed stupid she had meet her fair share of riders who got quite upset when their mount was touched by other people.
reisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 06:15
Liadan blinked and looked up at the sky, it wasn't quite morning yet, not in the dawning sense... she felt a sharp pain in her back, she then realized that she must have fallen asleep after she played her harp...away from the camp. She wondered if the others had wandered off then. She must have laid back on a small rock or something....
Liadan sat up, then searched the ground for her harp, she never went very far without it...after she found her harp she blinked for a moment, she wasn't sure whether she wanted to go back to the camp or not.
Liadan closed her eyes and decided that if the world wasn't awake, she wasn't either. After a few moments she was sound asleep, dreaming of songs and dance.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 07:50
Methven was up already, she sat on a rock by the stream and held a note book of parchment, which was held together by strings of leather. She drew with a peice of charcol, tracing the water and the trees, the way the grass swyed, it was times like these when she really appreciated the beauty of Middle earth. It was a particularly dry automn day, and the brittle leaves of the trees fell rapidly with every sharp gust of wind. Methven tried to flatten the parchment out as the wind persisted to blow it upwards, but the act was in vain, for the wind is quite stubborn. "Fine fine." She closed the book and tucked it inside her pack.

Tristain sat by the warm fire, for the day was rather cold. The smell of venisson was wonderfull, and something other than cheese and bread would be worth the waiting for. "Quite a Jack of all trades aren't you?" He told Allasse in a joking manner. "That smells great." He leaned over the dear and looked up at her with pouting eyes. "You don't think you could spare some for a hungry elf could you?"
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 05:34
Myrrima jerked awake, noticing that everyone had gone back to the camp site. She must have fallen asleep, listening to the music Liaden was playing. It was just so beautiful. Soft music and beautiful and sad. She walked back to everyone else with the smell of cooking venison coming at her. Her stomach grumbled and she smiled. IT was a new day and everything was alright. ANd she felt alright about Bronn now. She didn't know what it was, but the feeling of hatred and dread she had had yesterday of him had gone away and was replaced with sympathy for some reason. She was puzzled but decided to leave it alone for a while.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 05:46
Hallen awoke to see everyone doing something or other of the morning choirs. Alasse was cooking deer meat and the others waited happily for its tender yumminess.
Hallen stretched and got up, he felt as if no one really noticed him. He looked at his side and their was Blaithin(spelling). She was sound asleep and would soon smell the breakfast.
Hallen moved away from her carefully and went to find a stream to wash himself in, and maybe change his clothing.

He found a stream and proceeded to take off his cloths, suddenly he realized that someone was there. He quickly threw on his cloak and looked down a bit away. It was one of the elves, Methven, one of the first strangers to come upon him in the forest. He smiled and walked a bit away before he actually cleaned himself and changed his clothing.
He flet different today and much cleaner. He headed down the stream way until he found Methven again.
"Hello," he said, "Do you like to draw? It used to be my passion...until." He stopped short and desided not to say much about the past.
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 05:50
Hmmmm. thought Myrrima. I wonder what Hallen is doing. She often noticed things others didn't, though many didn't know this. She watched him walk away for a time and then decided that he probably wanted to just be by himself for a while. She turned back to the roasting deer meat and waited, hungrily.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 09:46
Bronn looked over at his horse and said "go ahead. He might shy though. He's not all as brave as he looks." Bronn watched as the elf came closer to his horse, and, as he had said the horse started to shy away. He started to whisper words to the horse, in a different language. The animal quieted down so he turned back to the fire. He looked around at the others. some still sleeping, some waiting for the venison. He lay down on the ground and looked up at the sky. He couldn't believe He had openly told Alasse about his past. He had never done that before. And his name... How could He have let that slip.. oh well, what was done was done. Besides, nothing would happen anyways. He got up and walked over to his horse. He started to brush the animal down. While he was working he said "His name is Greywind."
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 10:30
Stroking Greywind Alassë spoke to Tristain who stood by the fire. "You can go ahead and cut the meat. It should be about ready. There are some berries in the small leather bag next to my pack. Just make sure not to let Hour smell them or he will eat them all." Turning to Bronn she smiled. She looked down at Hour who was sniffing around the horse's legs suspiciously before wondering away. If he wasn't going to get stroked too then he would go find something more interesting to do. She laughed lightly and turned back to petting the horse. Her father had often said that Hour and Alassë were identical, if they didn't find something interesting they would leave it and find something that was. Then again her father had said a lot of other things. She frowned at the thought. Though she still loved her father greatly at the moment she couldn't quite forgive him yet. Some more time and distance were necessary. She sighed; she did not want to think about that. Better to focus on the strange group she found herself in. A question popped up in the back of her mind and left her lips before she could stop it.
"When the horse shied away you spoke to him in a different language, what was it? It sounded... unusual I guess."
Oh, yeah, she was being nosey, definitely nosey. Shoot, her father was right, she was too curious for her own good.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 12:06
Bronn laughed at her question then said "ya, it just. something me n' my friends made up a long time ago.nothing special." He smiled and layed one of his hands on the horses neck. He swung his leg up and over till He was on the horse, being careful not to kick Alasse in the process. "do you ever practice? With a sword I mean. I haven't used mine in a while and I was wondering if..." He fell quiet. Why was he even asking?
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 12:40
Alassë smiled brightly.
"I am really not that good with it. My ada taught me how to defend myself with it but I mostly carry it around with me for show. People are less likely to attack you if you are armed yourself. I guess I wouldn't really mind some practice with someone that knows more than I do." She looked up at Bronn and grinned. "You sure look tall up there. Be careful not to fall." Few people knew but she was scared of horses, well, not of horses but of falling off of one. It had happened when she had been little and her ada had been walking their horse. He had let go of the rains for a second to pick up a flower for his daughter when the horse had been frightened by a loud noise. Alassë had ended up in the ground. Ever since then she had never mounted a horse.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 01:56

Methven was so entranced by the flowing sound of water, and her peice of charcol which moved up and down the parchment, she did not notice Hallen, a distance away. Only when he came forward and spoke, did she look up. "Oh...you should never let anything take that away. For you loose more than just a hobbie when you loose art. Yes, I love to draw, it is like a friend in the wilderness, my peice of charcol and parchment." She laughed. "But there are plenty of people here..." Methven stood up. "Would you like to head back to camp? I smell something good." She smiled and picked up her pack.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 02:38
Bronn listened as Alasse spoke. "Well, I could show you I guess. I'm no expert, but I have my own way of fighting." He laughed again and said "Osha used to call it water dancing. besides, I have the time. As for me falling. I fallen to many times to care anymore. why don't you join me up here?" He held down his hand for her to get up. If she wanted that is. He doubted she would.

((yes, short I know. sorry.))
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 02:45
((Yeesh, I miss one day and I'm thirty posts behind! ))

For a moment after she awoke, Bláithín felt panic as she tried to remember where she was. Soon she recollected the night before, and the previous day's hard ride. She realized she must have fallen asleep at Hallen's side, exhausted from her journey, yet after a full night's sleep she felt no better. Reminded of Hallen, she looked around for him, but saw nothing; he had cleaned up his things and gone, no doubt to wash himself up.

Bláithín yawned, and a wonderful smell drifted to her nose, reminding her how hungry she was. She had barely eaten in the last three days, so determined was she to reach Hallen. But now that she had, she hardly knew what to do with herself.

The horse that had carried her so far she spotted grazing lazily, away from the wolf and other horses. Bláithín made her way over to the horse and stroked its neck, feeling the quiver of sore muscles beneath her hand. The horse looked up at her briefly, and she smiled gratefully. "You have carried me farther than I ever could have myself. Thank you," she whispered to the horse. "Do you have a name, I wonder?" The horse, of course, did not answer, but Bláithín took its silence for a no. "Well then." She smiled again as she continued to stroke its neck. "I shall call you Gúrvel, strong of heart."

She suddenly caught sight of Hallen and one of the maidens returning to camp. Bláithín made her way over to them, smiling at the two elves. "Suilad," she said to the maiden. "I don't believe we've been introduced. I am Bláithín." She joined them as they walked back to the fire for breakfast.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 03:25
(Hehe that's the way I guess...)

"Aye, my name is Methven, it is a pleasure to meet you." Her grey-brown eyes sparkled and she smiled. "I believe I have not eaten." Methven made her way to the fire, where her brother was cutting the deer. "That's not how you do it!" "Oh yes it is, to me." Tristain looked up at her and continued to cut. "Fine fine, just as long as I don't get it dirty and mangled." She laughed and waited as he handed out the meat, served with berries on tin plates. "There, in all of Middle Earth, I have never met anyone who complained as much as you Ven." Methven smiled contentedly and gave him a light jab in the ribs. "Save yourself of course." Methven added with a smirk. "Oh be quiet." Tristain ate the meat hungrily, but looked up to see a she-elf. "Hello, I don't think we've met. I'm Tristain." (he's talking to Blaithin)
StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 04:25
((No prob, I think I am the one writing too much I have been hyper all day :rolling: ))

She looked at his offered hand. Oh, why had he offered a ride! How was she supposed to tell him about her silly fear. She bit her lip trying to find a way out of this one. Looking around she noticed that most of the people were awake or had returned. She looked up at Bronn. For some reason she trusted him and well she could hear her father's voice telling her how silly she was being. Sighing she took Bronn's hand but spoke before he could help her up.
"Promise me you won't let me fall or else I will..." Trying to think up a dangerous enough threat but coming up blank she shrugged. "Just promise you won't let me fall, please?" She watched Bronn waiting for him to speak. Her hands were trembling and getting cold but she kept her hand in his.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 07:52
Bronn closed his hand around hers and held it tight to keep it from trembling. "I promise you Alasse, you won't fall." He lifted her up in front of him onto the horse. He put his arms around her to keep her from swaying. He held the horses mane and gripped with his knees.
Using his legs to pressure the horse He wheeled greywind and shot of into the forest. He leaned down so his head was close to hers, He then said "How far?" He looked ahead and looked around the trees as they raced by. He felt her start to go left so He tightened his hold on her waist and told Greywind to go left.
The horse cut left and jumped over a log. Bronn leaned forward and gripped tighter with his legs, being careful not to use his heels. But when the animal hit the ground He jerked backward, throwing Bronn off balance. "Woa" He nearly fell off. but not quite. The horse came to a stop, And thats what saved Bronn from getting a meet 'n greet with the dirt.
He looked around for the reason of his horses unexpected stop. He saw Alasse's wolf standing in the forest ahead of them. The horses ears were pricked backwards and his head was low. Bronn started talking to his horse again in the language him and his friends had made up. but, it didn't seem to work this time.

StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:14
Being on the horse wasn't nearly as scary as she remembered. A little stressing when Greywind just shot off but she was starting to relax when she heard Bronn asker how far they should go. When they jumped over the log she felt Bronn slide back and a small whimper left he lips, she was sure they were going to fall. Her hands had gotten a hold of Bronn's arms and her eyes were tightly scrunched. She heard him talk to Greywind in that strange language again. Opening her eyes but not letting go of Bronn's arms she was surprised to see Hour standing in front of their path. What was wrong with that wolf? He knew better than to stand in the path of a horse. She felt Greywind move restlessly behind them and she started shaking again, maybe this hadn't been such a good idea after all.
"Hour, get out of the way." But the hound had no intention of stepping out of the way. Fine, be stubborn you, stupid wolf. Two high-pitched, slightly shaky, whistles left her lips. Hour threw her a disgruntled look before dashing back into the forest.
She sighed and turned slightly to look up at Bronn.
"Sorry about that, I don't know what is wrong with him he has been acting strange since we entered the forest." She attempted a smile but she was still too shaken.

[Edited on 12/2/2005 by StardustAngel]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email