Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
Post From Gondor To Everywhere Else...
on: March 02, 2005 03:49
((I know, kinda stupid title, but hey, i'm new at this kind of... lol. Okay, so the basic theme here: Kael, a new character i'm trying out, has lost all his family, and ran away from Gondor, his birthplace. (*tear* ) Now he just travels around in hopes of finding a place where he believes he belongs... anyone can join, just have fun!!!! okay, so here we go! Enjoy! -Elle- P.S: Kael's in the DB, if y'all would like to read about him!!))

"Not NOW, Drizzet!" said a young man of about 27 as he tucked his excitable pet ferret back into his pack. Kael was his name, he had shoulder-length dark blond hair and bright green eyes. he wore a leather jerkin with black pants and black boots, with a black cloak to keep him warm on colder days.

He was now hiking to Rohan, and now wishing he had a horse. His feet were killing him after walking for so many days and nights.

Kael wondered if there were any others out in the plains of Rohan, and where he should make camp. He found a nice clearing of shrubbery and trees and started gathering wood and sticks for a fire, as well as stones to make a ring around it.

It was getting dark... he knew he had to work fast if he wanted to be able to see what he was doing. He froze as he heard a twig crack in the woods, and he glanced around sharply, hand ready to whip out his blade...

((hope that's a good enough start, heh this is my second thread, so i hope i do okay at this one too!!!! Have fun, everyone!!!! -Elle-)
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: From Gondor To Everywhere Else...
on: March 02, 2005 04:44
(May I Join This Thred?)

Durninad, Captain of Dale, wandered away from his camp, allowing his hourse to graze. "There is nothing better than wandering in the wilderness." he said aloud. As he walked through the brush on the ground, he decided that he might next ride west to Edoras, and as that happened a twig snapped under his foot and he noticed something moving a short distance away. Durninad drew his sword, preparing himself for the worst. "Who is there?" he asked.
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 05:49
OOC: Before I join what time period is this. Before the war of the rings, during, or After?
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 07:44
((Welcome, all! And of course y'all can join! Uiallin: I set it after the War of the Rings.))

Kael drew his sword slowly, his green eyes narrowing on the spot where he heard a voice call out, "Who is there?"

"I was just about to ask you the same, stranger..." answered Kael, sword ready. Drizzet stirred in his spot inside Kael's pack and popped his head out, squeaking.

"Go back in there, Drizz..." Kael said to the ferret, who reluctantly crawled back into his spot.

Kael called out again.
"Who are you? I was just making camp here... if you'll show yourself I can decide whether I'll let you stay or not," he said, eyeing the shadows warily, resting his sword tip on the ground, waiting for whoever it was to come out...

((I am leaving for Utah tomorrow for the weekend, so i won't be able to post. Decide what you all want to do, and if you continue while i'm gone, lol i'll prolly have to have someone explain whats happened! Namarie and thank you for joining!
-Elle-))
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 12:13
Durninad steped out of the showdows and sheathed his sword. "I am Durninad," he said, "Captain of Dale, I am riding west to meet King Eomer of the Golden Hall. I made my camp not far from here. I went for a walk and met you. Now I would like to know your name."

At that moment erie howls came from over the plaine. "What rotten luck," Durninad said to the stranger, "to meet wolves in this place." Durninad drew his sword again and picked up a burning branch from the fire. "You," he said to the man, "Get a torch and get ready to defend yourself!"

[Edited on 5/3/2005 by East_Emnet]
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 03:49
Several miles down the road a great procession was nearing Kael, and Durninad. Noone in the procession had seen the two yet because they were still a ways off, and the night sky was making it harder to see. Several rows of Rohirrim began the procession, they were followed by a special gaurd, then several waiting ladies, and gentlemen. Behind them were more gaurds and more Rohirrim in the back. In the center was Lady Emeldir Princess of Rohan. She had married the prince of Rohan, Eomer's heir. She was born in Gondor, and had been visiting family there for the past month, but now she was travelling back to her country and her husband. The procesion stopped as they neared Kael, and Durninad. "Why have we stopped?" She asked her head of secuirty. "Travellers my lady stay here with the others." The head of the gaurd, and two rohirrim rode out to Kael, and Durninad. "Who are you and why are you here?"
SapphireLily
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 02:31
((ooc: Hello, all! Trying out a new character, Faralin - she's in the database if you'd like to take a gander. Psst, Uiallin... do you mind if our characters already know each other pretty well? If not, I can edit.))]

The sudden halt of their procession jolted Faralin from her riding-for-far-too-long daze. She peered eagerly around Emeldir to see what the trouble was. Of course, it was Princess Emeldir these days, but Faralin had difficulty remembering that, and her old friend never bothered to correct her.

In the distance, a handful of their guards were questioning some travellers in the roadway. "I do not see why we must travel with all these precautions," she sighed to Emeldir. "It's not as if we cannot defend ourselves - you, especially."

Emeldir had lived in Rohan for years, and was no weak skill when it came to fighting on horseback. For her part, Faralin had grown up in the woods near Osgiliath with her Retired Thief of a Commoner Father. When his health began to fail, he sent his daughter to live with friends of her mother, who had been a noblewoman before her marriage, and had died when Faralin was a child. One of those friends was Emeldir's late mother. They met while Emeldir was on a brief visit to Gondor. The two girls had gravitated towards each other from the start, and had continued their friendship through letters. Years later, here they both were, Princess and Lady-in-Waiting. Who could have known...

Faralin's little daydream was suddenly cut off as the men ahead of them drew their swords, travellers and guards alike. At first she thought a fight had broken out, but then one young guard dashed back into earshot, his face white with fear. "Wolves!" He cried. "Wolves are upon us!"

"Well!" She said to Emeldir, reaching for the knife she kept within her dress. "A chance to prove ourselves. Fancy that!"

((sorry it's long!))

[Edited on 5/3/2005 by SapphireLily]

[Edited on 5/3/2005 by SapphireLily]
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 02:55
Durninad strained his eyes into the darkness. He saw that the stranger had done what he had told him holding his sword and a torch. Then, Durninad saw the outline of three riders moving towards him. The front rider said, "Who are you and why are you here?" Almost that same moment the man's horse fell over, crushing him. Soon after the other two riders were dead.

Durninad saw in the distance a large numer of riders and he could just make out the shapes of wolves moving towards that group. Then he saw the shapes of five wolves moving towards them. "You," he said to the stranger, "just follow me and do whatever I do. We have to get to those riders!" As he said that, Durninad ran towards the wolves.
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 03:59
OOC:It's alright. A small thing though Emeldir only lived in Gondor for one year, then married the prince of Rohan. The rest of her life was spent in Rohan in her sister Hareth's house.

Emeldir gasped as her commander dropped dead, and the two that went with him. Tears welled up in her eyes. That was a best friend of her husband. A man who promised to protect her on her journey. She had no time to mourn because warg riders were running striaght towards them. "Protect the Princess." The highest ranking officer yelled. "A chance to prove ourselves. Fancy that!" her old friend Faralin said. "You mean you. " Emeldir corrected her. "I'm not allowed to remember." With no weapon all Emeldir could do is stand back and watch.
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 05:11
Despite the fact they possesed torches, the five wolves attacked. The first wolf that attacked Duninad who imobilized it by by cutting off two of its legs. Another wolf came towards him and Durninad cut its neck.

Durninad saw the stranger had slain two wolves but seemed to be stuggleing against a third. Acting fast, Durninad stuck the wolf in the side with his torch and the wolf yelped in pain. Then the stranger decapitated the wolf.

"Are you unhurt?" Durninad asked noticeing he had been extreamly rude for the last few minutes. The man nodded. "Then lets get to those riders." Durninad said, running as fast as he could to the large group on horseback.
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 07:40
((OOC: Hope you all don't mind me joining. My character is an elf named Náriël Ciryatan. She and her animals are all in the DB. If you don't understand some of the things in my post you may want to check out my chars n it might make more sense.))

Nariel rode leisurely, atop Feanaro. She had seen no one for nearly 3 days, but sometimes she enjoyed the peace of being to herself. She looked to the sky, her hawk Naveho had disappeared. A sound in the distance caught her attention. Wolves... She looked down to her own wolf, Malikye, whose ears where perked in the direction. She winced as she heard whimpers.

Nudging her horse gently she rode in the direction of the chaos. Malikye ran ahead of her, stopping just at the peak of the hill. An eerie feeling washed over her. She hated it when he did that, even though he was unlike other wolves, stranged where likely to not know and shoot at him.

Speeding up a little she rose to the top of the hill beside him. She looked at the scene, 5 wolves layed dead on the ground, a group of people nearby now looking up at her. Many where aiming arrows at the wolf. But stopped as they watched her place herself beside him, taking notice of how he stood, only looking over the scene.

Nariel surveyed the group, and sighed as she saw no familiar faces, friend nor foe. They all looked harmless enough, to her anyway, she didn't seem to have anything to worry about. Reaching up she pulled the hood of her black cloak away from her face.

Her long black hair suddenly blew around her face, her elvish features astonishing. She raised a hand. "Please lower you arrows, he is no danger to you." Slowly she started to ride towards them, Malikye trotted a couple feet behind her.
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 09:23
Her soldiers followed the strangers orders. Her gentlemen and ladies stood by ready to protect her. Everyone who grew-up in Rohan reseived basic battle training, and they all had weapons. No more of her warriors died in this battle. Wargs were falling everywhere. After a while the Wargs turned and ran away. Emeldir looked around. "Lutenient. Who is still alive?' She asked the now highest ranking officer. "Everyone save the captian my lady." Emeldir nodded. "I see. Pick up the bodies. We will return to Edoras and give them a proper burial." She turned to the stranger. "I thank you good sir. You fought valiently to protect us. My father in law King Eomer shall
reward you for your deeds. I am Princess Em....." She stopped because several people around her gasped. Up on a hill not far away was a wolf. Several archers aimed for it, but Emeldir yelled to them. "Lower you weapons it is a wolf not a Warg." Just as she said that she heard a voice. "Please lower you arrows, he is no danger to you." A girl started riding twoards them. The wolf followed her and a hawk circled the sky above her head. "This is a day for meetings." Emeldir said softly as the girl neared. Her highest ranking officer stepped in front of her. He was now growing suspious of so many strangers.
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 06:03
Durninad saw the remaining wolves running form the distant group. Once he and the other traveler could see the group clearly, the man said, "It does not look like they need any help."

Durninad turned toward the man, "Do you know why we were all attacked?" the stranger shook his head, "I have come to the conclusion that this place is a gathering place for a pack of wolves. Didn't you see that a few of the wolves ran away? They are going to get the rest of the pack!" at that the other man's eyes widened.

"Come on," Durninad said, "lets get to them." Then Duninad sprinted over to the group. When he got there, he shouted, gasping for breath, "You can't stay here!" the whole group turned towards him, "The wolves will come back!"
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 06:38
"NO!" Nariel shouted, and then slowly bit her lip. "No... do not worry. They should do you no harm as long as Malikye rides along side you. There is no reason to shed any blood when it isn't nessecary. I am Nariel Ciryatan... I ask for your names, none of you faces seem familiar."

((OOC: Sorry for the short post but writer's block.. blah))
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 07:01
Durninad was astonished at what the elf had said, looking supiciously at the large wolf by the elf's side. He stuck his torch in the ground and sheathed his sword, knowing that this elf was no enemy. "I am Durninad," he said, "Captain of Dale, and this man's name is..." pionting towards the complete stranger he had fought anainst wolves with, "I am sorry, I never got a name out of you. What is your name?"

"My name is Kael." the man said.

Durninad contiued, "I was riding west toward Edoras, made camp and ran into Kael when the wolves attacked, and I fear the wolves got my horse."

Changing the subject, he said to the crowd, "Who is in comand of this group?"

"I am." he heard a womans voice say as she steped out of the crowd.
SapphireLily
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 11:12
((Roger that, Uiallin. *edits away*))

Faralin stowed away her small blade, with just a touch of dissapointment. She wasn't overeager for battle, but weeks of travelling with the same group of people wears on one, after a while. Only Emeldir was still bearable.

She turned her thoughts from fighting, and focused on the strangers before her. She wondered what their stories were, and what turns of fate had brought them all together in such a strange way. When the scruffy, black-haired newcomer introduced himself as Durninad, she blinked in surprise. The Durninad? She had heard quite a few tales of this wandering Captain of Dale, and she had expected him to look a bit more... Captainlike, all things considered. Well, no matter. It just made her want to learn the truth about him all the more.

Faralin's musings were interrupted once again as Emeldir dismounted and stepped towards the others, welcoming them graciously. She then made introductions for the nobles among the party. When her name was announced, Faralin smiled at each in turn. This was turning into an interesting journey, after all.
My_Orcish_Lover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 11:21
Grumtik the Dwarf strolled along through Middle Earth, once again without any purpose, when in the distance he noticed a large group of people. Men, Elves, Rohirrim, and what appeared to be wolves.

This was certainly interesting.

Being silent, he walked forward and placed his hand on his war-hammer, ready to swing it out of the leather cradle on his back. Closer and closer he came. He stopped and listened, finding that he still could not make out the words these people exchanged. One more step he took and listened, still unable to understand the words. Another step forward when he heard a horribly loud crunch and looked down to find that he had stepped on a piece of dead bark. All heads turned to him and he sqeezed his war-hammer tightly
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 05:50
Emeldir turned at the sound of the cracking bark. "Come forward stranger. If you mean well." Her entire gaurd stood by ready to shoot him if he didn't. That was one of the good things about being a Princess. you were always protected. She turned back to the other strangers, as she waited for this new one to join them. "As I have said I am Princess Emeldir of Rohan. My husband is the future King. My father in law King Eomer will welcome you graciously at our home of Edoras. I ask you not to chase the Wargs. It is dark, and the attack might have been a decoy to lure us into a trap."
My_Orcish_Lover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 11:18
A bit reluctant, Grumtik came forward. While he was hesitant, he relished the thought of wargs and traps and all these weary people. He loosened his grip on his weapon, but did not let go of it completely.

"I am Grumtik, m'lady," he said, "I mean no trouble, and I come simply because this procession looks very...interesting. May I ask what all of you are doing?"

Once Grumtik had finished speaking, he noticed a ferret squirming in one of the men's packs. The Rohirrim let go of their weapons, obviously accepting his presence, so Grumtik released his hammer.
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 11:34
(OCC:Uiallin, the son of Eomer is named Elfwine, if you wanted to know.)

Durninad, after Grumtik had had introduced himself, turned to Lady Emeldir and said, "Everyone is exasted milady, and since it is safe to make camp, I say we should camp now so we can dicuss the road we take to Edoras and rest."

(sorry for the short post, I can't think of anything else to wright)
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 02:41
OOC: I know :rolling:

Emeldir's lutenient stepped forward. "Your Majesty I must protest. We know nothing of these wanderers we should not risk them in camp." Emeldir shook her head. "No Eodred. These men fought with us against the Wargs, and I do not suspect the others of trickry. " "But your majesty...." "No Eodred. I will not turn them away. Give the order to make camp. All will be fine." She turned to the elf, dwarf, and two men. "I welcome you all to join us for dinner." She almost curtsied, but stopped herself just in time (future queens only bow to diginatarys, at least that's what her mother in law tells her). She turned and walked back to her friend Faralin. "We're making camp. No eating in the main hall tonight I'm afarid."
My_Orcish_Lover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 02:50
"Grand!" Grumtik cried. He hadn't eaten for two days and was expecting a great feast due to Emeldir's status. He slapped one of the men on the back and excitedly thanked the lady,
"I cannot thank ye enough for the hospitality." He could tell his nature surprised her, because most Dwarves were not so friendly. As he stepped forward to kiss her hand and surprise her further, her Rohirrim guards moved in his way.

"You shall not touch the lady, Dwarf," one of them said bluntly.

"Very well! She disgusts me anyway!" Grumtik cried. He liked to keep people guessing. Turning to the two men and the Elf, he asked, "And who be ye?" Again, the ferret squirmed.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 10:11
((SORRY! I was in Utah for like five days. Okay I'm back and ready!!! I just have to find Kael... lol. Oh! One thing I'm adding into Kael's profile: He has a true bond with horses and they trust him fully. And that's about to show in a lil while...))

Kael nodded towards the group and bowed, his brilliant green gaze drifting over them.
"I am Kael, of Gondor, at your service..." he said softly. Drizzet suddenly shoved his way out of the pack he was stuffed in and sat upon Kael's shoulder, standing on his hind legs and gazing at the group with beady eyes.

"Drizz!" muttered Kael, "Must you do that?" Drizzet just squeaked at his master and friend, and sat down on Kael's broad shoulder, a seeming smirk crossing the rodent's furred face...

Kael looked back at the new group apoligetically, a faint smile on his face.
"Sorry about him..." he said, motioning towards the ferret, "...he's always been kind of... obvnoxious."

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by Lady_Elbereth]
SapphireLily
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 02:47
Faralin strode to and fro, currying horses, unpacking food - anything, really, to speed up the tedious business of making a camp. She couldn't wait to learn more of these strangers.

At last she'd done all she cared to, and went to sit by Emeldir on a fallen log. She plunked herself down by her serene friend, and sighed. "I had hoped to have a proper bed at last," she moaned, "but I suppose one more night in the wilds won't ki- AUGH!"

As if determined to prove her wrong, Drizzet leapt from Kael's shoulder towards her, landing in her dark hair with a satisfying thunk. Faralin shreiked and tried to distangle the little creature, which only wrapped itself about her neck in something between a cuddle and a choke hold. Emeldir nearly fell off the log with laughter.

"Oh, it's a great laugh for you," Faralin cried, though she was unable to keep the smile from her face. Turning to Kael she said, "Tell me... is he trained to do this, or did you bring him from the wilderness just to vex me?"

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by SapphireLily]
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 09:19
"Tell me... is he trained to do this, or did you bring him from the wilderness just to vex me?" said the woman that Drizzet had climbed onto.

Kael smiled and pushed off his hood, gazing at the playful young ferret amusedly.

"Drizzet. Enough. C'mon, boy." he said lovingly to his pet, chuckling softly as Drizzet hopped up his leg and onto his shoulder, squeaking happily at Faralin.

Kael smiled wider and looked at Faralin as he stroked Drizzet's fur.
"He normally only does that when he likes someone a lot!" Kael said, grinning, "And I wonder, milords and miladies, may I stay here? For I have not the heart to travel any longer..."

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by Lady_Elbereth]
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 04:52
Emeldir did enjoy the ferret's surprise. She laughed even harder at Faralin's attitude about it. The boy who owned the ferret asked to stay. "Of course you can." She said standing up. "Rohan will not turn you away. I am Princess Emeldir of Rohan. I welcome you here." This was the millionth time she's said that, but Emeldir had gotten used to repeating her messages, and her titles since she married prince Elfwine a year ago.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 11:32
Kael bowed low to Emeldir in great respect, and Drizzet gazed at her with his black beady eyes.

"I thank you, Your Highness," said Kael as he came up from the bow, "Let me know if there is anything I can do."

Kael wandered amongst the horses, speaking a soft word kindly to them, stroking them gently. He sat down, leaning back against a tree as the horses grazed near him, and he began to sing a quiet song to them.
It was one his mother had taught him long ago, an elvish lulliby. His mother had been a talented languist, and was fluent in the elvish languages, and had taught her son a few words of it.

The horses pricked their ears up as they grazed on the few blades of grass, calming at the soft melody.
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 12:04
Emeldir smiled as the boy left. "I'll never get used to this." She said quietly as she sat back down next to Faralin. "All this stuff that comes with royality. People bowing, making all the decsions, suddenly being the most imporant person everywhere you go." She shook her head. The lutenient rushed up to her. "My lady your tent has been put up, your too Faralin." Emeldir nodded. "Very good. In an hour I want the strangers we meet today to come to my tent so I can talk to them." Eodred stood quiet for a moment. "My lady I don't think that is a good idea. We know nothing about them and...." "And." she interupted "And we will learn nothing about them untill we talk to them. If it makes you feel better you can post gaurds outside the tent doors, and you yourself can attend. Eodred took a deep breath. So much he wanted to say against this, but he couldn't. He couldn't disobey a direct order from the princess. Just yeterday he was only a lutentent, now with his supior officers died he was incharge of the princesses security. He never knew how stubborn the woman was. "As you wish your Majesty." He bowed to her and went off to tell the two men, the elf, and the dwarf they were invited to the lady's tent in an hour. Emeldir looked to Faralin. "Well time to go to the tents."
My_Orcish_Lover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 02:58
Grumtik was still waiting for the food to come when one of the Rohirrim guards came and told him to be in the lady's tent in an hour. How was he going to make an hour pass? Instead of just trying to kill time, Grumtik strolled out of the camp in search of some animal he could kill. Some of the others were suspicous as to where he was going, but he didn't feel the need to explain himself.

Walking about again in Middle-Earth, looking for a deer or a boar, Grumtik hummed to himself and took out his war-hammer. It felt good to have somewhere to go to once he had done this, as opposed to before when once he had killed something he would sit alone and eat it. At last, he came to a deer. It was asleep! Being as quiet as possible, Grumtik crept closer to the creature and readied himself to bring the hammer down on its head.

He came closer and closer when suddenly, a whoosh sounded. The deer leapt up, alert and awake and fled Grumtik. Frustrated, the Dwarf scolded himself for not going quicker. Then, he looked to his side and quickly realized that someone was shooting at him, for there was an arrow buried in the ground next to his feet. Looking around, he heard another whoosh, and an arrow fell just a few feet in front of him and buried its head in the ground. Now he saw his attacker. It was an Orc!

Grumtik fled back to camp to warn the others, and found it quickly.

"Orcs! Ready yourselves! Orcs come this way" The Rohirrim scurried about and readied themselves and they waited for the Orcs. Fortunately, they never came. But unfortunately, everyone was upset with Grumtik for causing an uproar. Now he feared they would throw him out of the camp. By then, an hour had passed and Emeldir called them all into the tent. Grumtik entered and crossed his fingers, hoping she would let him stay after he had caused such a panic. Suddenly, he realized something and smiled to himself.

This was all very interesting.
SapphireLily
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 03:33
It had been at least half an hour since Grumtik's panicked return, but Faralin's heart was still hammering. "Some false alarm, eh?" She whispered to Emeldir, taking a seat beside her as the others filed into the tent. "I know I wanted excitement on this journey, but there is a limit..." She shot the dwarf a look of dislike, though she was privately amused.

Emeldir didn't seem to share her friend's feelings. She was pale, and sat rigidly on a carven stool, which made a handy throne when travelling. How awful for her, Faralin thought. She knew Emeldir had doubts about her abilities as a princess, though to give up her title would be to give up her beloved husband, which was something she would never do. Still, it must be hard, dealing with all these strangers...

She leaned over to Emeldir. "You're doing fine." she muttered. Drizzet the ferret scurried about on Kael's shoulders, looking like he was trying to eavesdrop. Faralin shot the tiniest of grins at the pair of them, and the impromptu council began.
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 03:50
Durninad had finished making a small fire on the edge of camp when Kael's ferret had jumped on Faralin. He had gotten a small chuckle out of out of it. One of the Rohirrim guards had told him that he was to go to the Princesses tent in an hour. "An hour," Durninad thought, " I have time to do something." He looked south in the moonlight and saw a high mountain range, "The White Mountains," he thought, then he said aloud, "The mountain road, of course, we shall go that way." He got up and walked out of camp with a torch.

He walked a short distance from the camp and in the moonlight and he saw the standing stone that marked the beginning of the road. "Yes, we shall go this way." he said to himself again. He got back to camp 20 minutes after he had left it and found it in an uproar. Apparently, Grumtik had spotted an orc and the Rohirrim were preparing for an attack. 40 minutes of the hour had gone and there was no orc attack.

Durninad went back to his small fire circle, restocked it, and sat back on the rock he used as a chair earlier, soon he was sleeping.

Durninad then had a common dream form his past:Young Durninad was hiding in the corner with his sisters, crying. His step-father had barricaded the door, and his mother and step-father were leaning against the door. they soon fell back when the Easterlings had busted through it. The armored men ran through, killing the two with their halbreds. His sisters ran forwards to their parents and they too were cut down. Durninad grabbed his fathers old sword from its hidding place. One of the Easterlings ran towards him...

The man named Eodred had woken him from his dream, "The Lady wants you at her tent." Durninad nodded and walked to the center of camp.
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 05:28
Nariel set a little ways away from the camp. She had thought a moment about leaving, setting back on her track to wherever she was going. But something was off, something wasn't right about this group. She could see Feanaro's silhouette in the distance. As she sat down Malikye crawled up to her, putting his head in her lap and closing his eyes. She knew something was off. She took off her cloak and wrapped it around Malikye. She sighed, hearing footsteps behind her, but not turning around.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 06:56
Kael sighed as Drizzet began scurrying around on his shoulders, squeaking and watching the crowd of people in the tent.

"Drizz... enough! Quiet down, fella..." Kael whispered, holding the ferret still gently with one hand. But Drizzet had other ideas... he wriggled out of the man's grip and continued to squeak and scuttle about.

Kael shook his head and attempted to ignore the constant fidgeting of the creature, trying to listen to what the Princess had to say.
"How do I put up with you, eh?" he asked Drizzet quietly, chuckling to himself. He then turned his attention back to the council, arms folded, standing off to the side.
Uiallin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 09:07
Emeldir shook her head at Faralin's comment. "I'm glad you think so." She wispered out of the corner of her mouth. She had to stop talking to her now. This was the problem of Faralin being her lady in waiting. When it came time for offical business she had to treat her differently. She couldn't look at Faralin, she couldn't talk to her, she had to order her around. Emeldir hated it, but that was royality. She noticed the elf wasn't here. She turned to one of the soliders nearby. "Find the elven maid." She said gracefully. The solider bowed and left the tent. Eodred entered the tent and sat down in a chair to her right. Now the council had to begin. Emeldir stood up, and began her speech. "Dear friends. Fellow warriors Rohan welcomes you. I have called you here before the travel feast so we might know who you are and what your journey is. You have already told us some of your tales, but we would like to know more about you. So for all in attendance I would like to start the introductions. I am Princess Emeldir of Rohan. Daughter of Turin, and Emeldir of Gondor. My husband is Elfwine son of Eomer King of Rohan. It is his realm that you all are in. I have been travelling back to Rohan after visiting my brother in Gondor for the past two months. " She sat down closing her speech. She looked at Kael signaling she wanted him to go next.

[Edited on 24/3/2005 by Uiallin]
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 12:48
Kael swallowed as the whole room turned to him, waiting for him to speak. He wasn't too fond of public speaking.

"I am Kael, son of Halrandir and Morwen of Gondor. I've no destination at the moment...but if you let me travel with you I swear it that I'll do anything I can to help." he said, ending his speech with Drizzet sitting on his shoulder, the ferret gazing around at everyone inquisitively.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email