Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Renegades (Free for all, Men, Elves, Sauron Spawn, whoever!)
on: November 11, 2005 03:35
((Scream if there are any problems))

Galenfea brushed her hair back from her face, at the same time dashing the tears from her eyes.
"Do you speak Elvish?" she asked Den, deciding that it would make life easier if they had a common language which, what was more, could not be understood by their foes.
"Only a little."
She grimaced. Oh well, she'd just have to repeat everything for Finnár's benefit; he spoke no Westron.
"Well," she said softly, "To an extent this disguise should help, but it would make life easier if there were two 'guards'. The best idea that I can think of is that we all go out and I tell anyone we meet that I have orders to take you up to the room you mentioned, Denother. The problems are: it will look suspicious for one guard to be in charge of three captives; There's no way Finnár's going to be able to walk, so he'll have to be carried by someone; and I don't speak any Haradic, though I can - sort of - make my voice sound like a young man's. The mask will help."
She glanced from Ainu to Den, wondering if the idea was even workable. It was the best she had.
Finnár squeezed her hand and she glanced at him.
"I think someone's coming," he said softly.
She glanced up. It was hard to hear over the roar of the waterfalls in the distance, echoing in the tunnels, but she thought he was right. He was, of course, used to the sound and so had heard the newcomer’s approach sooner than she had.
"He's right," she said softly. "I think I hear footsteps too."
She looked around again in alarm. If they were discovered, there went any chance of escape. As it was, it was almost certainly too late to just bolt, and their flight would soon be discovered. And was this a regular patrol, or had the deaths of the two men, and Ainu’s disappearance, been discovered?
She stood quickly and put on her helmet and mask again.
"If anyone asks, I'm a guard. Ainu, make yourself scarce." She gestured to the spot behind the door. As an afterthought, she pulled out her own dagger. "Get him in the neck as he comes in."
She shot him an encouraging smile, though he couldn’t see her expression, then turned back to bend over Finnár.
"And if anyone asks, you’re dying," she said softly. “I want him to think I’ve a reason to be here."
He nodded fearfully.
"What if they find out?"
She didn’t answer that one.
The door opened and she heard the man come in. He asked her something and she pretended not to hear, instead reaching out to feel Finnár's pulse. It was weak anyway, but she kept her eyes unconcerned.
"Didn't you hear me? I asked, what are you doing here?" he asked again.
"This one's not got much time left," she replied, still faking a total lack of concern. Finnar moaned faintly. It was all she could do not to try to comfort him a little.
'Come on, Ainu!' she thought. 'If I draw the sword, he'll see!'
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 11, 2005 07:33
Ainu agreed with Den's plan- since they didn't have anything else in mind- and was about to start suggesting some poor ideas of his own, but their time was suddenly cut much shorter than they had expected.

He's right," she said softly. "I think I hear footsteps too."
She looked around again in alarm. If they were discovered, there went any chance of escape. As it was, it was almost certainly too late to just bolt, and their flight would soon be discovered. And was this a regular patrol, or had the deaths of the two men, and Ainu’s disappearance, been discovered?
She stood quickly and put on her helmet and mask again.
"If anyone asks, I'm a guard. Ainu, make yourself scarce." She gestured to the spot behind the door. As an afterthought, she pulled out her own dagger. "Get him in the neck as he comes in."
She shot him an encouraging smile, though he couldn’t see her expression, then turned back to bend over Finnár.
"And if anyone asks, you’re dying," she said softly. “I want him to think I’ve a reason to be here."
He nodded fearfully.
"What if they find out?"
She didn’t answer that one.
The door opened and she heard the man come in. He asked her something and she pretended not to hear, instead reaching out to feel Finnár's pulse. It was weak anyway, but she kept her eyes unconcerned.
"Didn't you hear me? I asked, what are you doing here?" he asked again.
"This one's not got much time left," she replied, still faking a total lack of concern

Ainu stood in the shadows with the dagger, feeling suddenly daunted by what he'd been asked to so- but there was no time for fear. Without making a sound he lunged forward and shoved Galenfae's dagger into the guard's neck. As he was attacked the guard swung his arms out and the elf was knocked back against the wall, but he quickly regained his feet and shut the door again as the guard fell to the ground. If the cell had been crowded before, it was becoming suffocating now. He watched the man as he died, then turned to Den.
"It has to be one of us," he said, "and I think I have more strength than you-- and I don't need to be seen, anyway, so I'll put on the guise of another soldier."

After some doing he managed to get the amor on, and luckily the man had been near his own height- otherwise it would have looked ridiculous- but he found that the garb was heavier than he'd expected it would be in his weariness.

"Alright," he said at last, "We should go on as soon as the way is clear- this is the last gasp. If we get discovered this time, that's it."

His thoughts went to Thon and Menel, and the others out there waiting. He wondered if they had been discovered yet, or if they were planning anything....

(hope this is alright... I'm not much inspired ><)
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 02:13
Thon sighed, still cursing himself, "No Menel, I would have you with us. you are a warrior of admirable skill." He looked at Gilar, "Bind and gag our friend here, we wouldn't want him making our presence known now would we?"
quickly preparations were made for a small rear guard to remain behind while the main band, in small groups, made their way up to the gate below the waterfall where they would attempt to get inside in a leapfrog manner, one group holding the gate while the others went through then the first group moving infront of the second group and so forth. This spared fighters from being in the front all the time and would get then where they needed to go.

Ooc - Yell if you find that ridiculous, kind of an on the spot idea.

Ic - "I know Ainu. We can only pray to whoever may be listening that this will work." Den stood again. "I'll carry Finnar, I may be weakened but it's the kind of thin the guards would do," He sighed sadly, "And it's not as if he weighs a lot after all. I will go ahead once we are out in the corridor, I will remember how to get us there, but it might be an idea if one of you two checks out first to see if the coast is clear."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 11:00
Menel chose to go with the second group, waiting until Thon and his men had taken the gate to move forward. That way, she could move independently from him and not have to worry about him getting to close. They went through after the gate was taken and then secured the area for Thon's group, each securing for the other until Menel's group reached the door to inside. They entered, and found the inside of the door unguarded, but guards at the bottom of a small staircase. Menel sent another memeber forward toward the bottom of the stairs, and then whistled in a sing song manner, taking out one of the guards with an arrow when he turned. The one at the bottom of the stairs took out the other guard with a quick blade thrust and then nodded to menel that they were still unnoticed. Menel turned and signalled to Thon that they were ready for them to join them.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2005 12:21
Galenfea nodded at Ainu, smiling, then took her own cloak and tucked it around Finnar for warmth before Den picked him up, cradling his skinny form in his arms. He bit his lip and closed his eyes tight in pain as he was moved, but did not cry out.
Ainu went to stand with them while Galenfea checked outside.
"All clear," she breathed. "Here goes nothing."
And they stepped out into the corridor, following Den's whispered directions to the stairs to the upper levels. Galenfea was aware of a small disturbance of some description going on near the gate, but said nothing, though her eyes showed her fear and concern. If this was a rescue attempt and Ethoner arrived to find his brother, an unknown elf and two guards, he would likely kill her and Ainu before they could even identify themselves. On the other hand, what if it caused more guards to be sent to the cells and they were caught by the haradrim?

Gaeron was with Ethoner's group, running as fast as he might, knife in hand. He hated everything about this. Even the air of the place brought back memories, but he forced himself to ignore the sickness rising in his throat. It felt good to be the one striking the blows.
"This way!" he breathed, pointing down the corridor that led to the cells.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 04:01
(ooc- with everyone else inside.. i guess ill take control of those in the rear gaurd)

Earendil was well aware that they 5 left here might be hard pressed to keep the treat open especailly if what happened to the other patrol was found out and an alerm raised.

So she spoke to one othe 3 elves in the party and told him "it would be wise for us to go down this path at least to the point were I took out the last patrol. That way we will know if there is likely to be any alerm raised. Plus it will put us in a possition to stop it. Every one keep your eyes and ears open. We have no idea when or were the little orc will show up."

With tha Earendil and that elf went down the trail to wait for the next patrol. They walked without leaving tracks as elves are kow to do when they wish.

Once they are slighlty past the spot of the attack they went to trees and found varntage point that would leave the a good veiw of both the path and the clearing.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 06:53
Ainu didn't really notice the disturbance near the gate- he was concentrating on trying not to stumble. The armor seemed heavy to him in his weariness and pain, though he should have worn it without any problems, and it was all he could do to walk upright. They passed a few men, but these were hurrying to the gate and paying no attention to the prisoners being moved. The minstrel decided that Ethoner and the others must have started their 'attack'- that could mean that Holodrum and his men were here, but it might not. Even so, could they afford to turn back? What if their friends had nothing to do with it? If they went with that hope and found it otherwise, that would be their end...
Another soldier hurried by and caught Ainu's wounded arm with his armored elbow-- the elf sucked in a hissing breath and faltered as renewed pain shot up to his shoulder, but the offending soldier was too busy to take notice, and vanished in an instant.

They had passed out of the corridor and were heading for the stairs, mainly following Den, when Ainu - though tired and with senses muddled- heard a voice he recognized a good way behind, hardly audible to him but clear enough to make out- it was Gaeron.

"This way!"

The minstrel stopped walking and shared a glance with Galenfae, certain that she had heard it much clearer than he. With a word he halted Den as well, pained to see how weary the man was, and carrying Finnar in that state...

"We should go back," he whispered, tightly gripping the haradric sword at his belt- but fear was gripping him- he wouldn't make the final decision, for his choices all seemed to turn to ill. No, he would leave it to the others- but they were running out of time.

(lemme know if this is ok- writing when half asleep- probably not a good idea )
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2005 02:53
Ethoner brought his sword round in a vicious upswing, neatly unseaming the man coming at him. "Second group forward!" He called, "Gaeron, go with then but stay at the back, guide them."

Den had been wondering why the Elves had stopped and was shifting his feet to get moving again when his head snapped up and he frowned in the direction of the cells.
"Thon?" The young man felt hope bouying him up and lending him strength. Seeing ainu's hesitance he took charge. "There is an alcove not far ahead, we should be able to hide there until help arrives, as it sounds as if it will. Follow me!"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2005 03:00
Menel followed Gaeron's direction, and headed down toward the cells. She slid along the wall, and saw just ahead of her, what appeared to be a man and an elf, both injured, and two guards slipping into an alcove set into the wall.
She strung her bow, and called back to the ones behind her, "Tell Ethoner I have seen his brother!" She hurried along the hall, and bracing herself for an attack, drew a bead on the dull shine of armor barely visible in the darkened alcove. She heard hurrying footsteps coming down a set of stairs to the front of her and knew she would only have moments.
"Give up the man and elf and I will not have to kill you!" she snarled at the haradrim she jknew crouched there in the darkness, and waited for what she hoped would be a quick response in her favor.

**In case anyone is curious, Menel has indeed drawn down on one of her companions, unknowingly. All she saw was Haradhric armor. There is also a further contingent of guards coming toward her and the rest of the rescue party, from the opposite direction they were moving in, so they are about to be face to face with a bunch of very ticked off guards.**
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2005 01:35
"Give up the man and elf and I will not have to kill you!" she snarled at the haradrim she jknew crouched there in the darkness, and waited for what she hoped would be a quick response in her favor.

Galenfea swore under her breath, then raised a hand to tug away the mask that concealed her face.
"Menel, it's us!" she hissed.
She heard Gaeron's voice echo as he called something, and Finnar apparently heard to, for he shifted a little in Den's arms and called back, as loud as he could. It was not very loud.
((I'd best leave it to you to decide Menel's reaction to seeing Galenfea))

Gaeron ran with the other group, as Ethoner had asked, and guided them with clear calls from their midst. Suddenly he froze where he stood as he thought he heard someone call back. The voice was weak and pained, but he recognised Finnar...
"Valar, no!" he breathed, standing rooted to the spot.
"Gaeron!" called one of his companions, turning.
((Got to go. Will probably edit, but felt I should get something up!))
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 03:51
"Galenfea?" Menel wondered aloud. The next second, she motioned them back into the darkness, for the footfalls of the running soldiers had suddenly become the reality of the soldiers in front of them. Menel fired off a shot, striking the first soldier to enter the hall and sending him staggering back a bit. By the time the soldiers had recovered from that shock, she had prepared another arrow and fired off that shot as well.
Suddenly she found herself being charged by one of the soldiers, who was screaming something in Haradhric as he ran into her and knocked her into the wall. Menel grabbed for her quiver and stabbed at him with an arrow.
"ETHONER!" Menel screamed as loudly as she could.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 10:49
"ETHONER!"
Den's eyes brightened. So it was true, Ethoner was here. But there was no time to dwell on this as he shifted in the alcove so his body was shielding Finnar's from the seething mass of bodies scant feet from them.

"MENEL!" Thon forged his way forward to stand beside the elleth, kicking back the man she had stabbed and taking down one trying to take her from her off side. He sensed movement beside him and turned to see shapes crouched in an alcove one seeming to be Galenfea in Haradic Armour. He pushed that aside as unimportant until they'd cleared the way of soldiers a little and dove back into the fray.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 01:32
"Ainu," said Galenfea softly, drawing her knife, "Wait for your chance, then get the others out. Don't join the fight."
Ethoner had arrived now and was fighting alongside Menel. Seeing him, Den's eyes gleamed with joy and hope, even as he mostly kept his back to the fight, sheltering Finnar.
Galenfea crouched in the mouth of the alcove, and, when she thought the time was right, she dived into the fray, sticking her knife into a haradic soldier. Another turned in confusion as he saw what looked like one of his own men attacking a comrade, then let out a yell of rage and understanding as he saw the female face, the pointed ears and the demonic grin.
"Nick of time!" she said to Ethoner and Menel as she joined the fight.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 04:03
Ainu had been too stunned to say anything when Menel had drawn her sword upon Galenfae- and he had had no time to say anything before the fight was up again.

"Ainu," said Galenfea softly, drawing her knife, "Wait for your chance, then get the others out. Don't join the fight."
Ethoner had arrived now and was fighting alongside Menel. Seeing him, Den's eyes gleamed with joy and hope, even as he mostly kept his back to the fight, sheltering Finnar.
Galenfea crouched in the mouth of the alcove, and, when she thought the time was right, she dived into the fray, sticking her knife into a haradic soldier. Another turned in confusion as he saw what looked like one of his own men attacking a comrade, then let out a yell of rage and understanding as he saw the female face, the pointed ears and the demonic grin.
"Nick of time!" she said to Ethoner and Menel as she joined the fight.

The minstrel didn't want to just run and leave his friends behind- but the only weapon he had left to his name was the crude haradric blade at his hip-- and in his present state he wouldn't he much help anyway- so-
"Come on!" he said to Den, tugging at his elbow, "We've got to make a run for it!"
Ainu pushed his way out of the alcove, hewing desperately at the soldiers who rushed past the others, trying to keep the way "safe" for Denethor to get by- but suddenly three more of the men came from the direction he had hoped to move in, and he was forced into fighting. The men were confused at first, but after the first fell the other two overcame their shock at being attacked by 'one of their own', and fought back. Even as he forced his aching limbs into motion with the sword, Ainu thought ruefully that he would die here... and just as his hope (and his strength) had seemed to reach its bitter end, a horn sounded from outside the fortress, ringing long and deep, echoing off the stone. Many of the soldiers within halted in their onslaught and looked at eachother in alarm.

(since holodrum hasnt been around, think its fine if we have his men show up? o_o at least maybe they can scare our baddies enough for us to get away... just a thought. holler if I need to edit!)
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 10:34
Even as the sound of the horn echoed through the halls, Menel felt a sudden pain in her side. She looked down and saw one of the Haradhrim had stabbed her. She punched him in the throat, and the knife pulled free as he fell. She pressed her hand to her side, and started to move toward the door, holding onto her side, and pulling her dagger with her other hand. She slashed at another of the men who stood in her way, and called to Galenfea and Ainu, "Let's go, let's go!" She didn't say anything about her injury, just tried to get everyone out.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 12:19
Galenfea heard the horn call and made use of the moment's surprise to dart towards Ainu, Den and Finnar. Then she heard Menel yelling, "Let's go! Let's go!" and ran harder, locking blades with a man that had sought to stab Den as he ducked aside, still trying to protect Finnar.
"Go!" she shouted, holding his blow back and moving to block every attempt he made to break her block. Another sword skidded across the chain mail she wore and she blessed it, for all that it was heavy and impeded her movements.
Ainu protected Den's retreat and, when she was sure they were clear, Galenfea suddenly pulled back, making the man reel forwards and crash to the ground as she too turned to run. She glanced at Menel and gasped as she saw blood starting to ooze between the other elf-maid's fingers, but a glance at Menel's face silenced her. If Menel didn't want to draw attention to it, who was she to decide othwise, so long as it didn't look too serious?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 02:32
Ethoner turned in the fight just in time to see Denother break from the alcove behind another in Haradic armour that he assumed could only be Ainu. If he had had time to think then he would have despaired at him gaunt his brother had become, how pale he was, how weary and how his healer's spirit still shone through as he carried another elf towards freedom.
But Thon didn't have that time, he had a battle to fight an merely contented himself with the knowledge that Den was alive.
He moved back behind menel, keeping the oncoming soldiers, those that had not peeled away at the horn sounding, at bay. Elves from Bergion's party were at the fore and could open the way for them.
"Keep moving!" He called.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 01:19
Ainu did his best to clear the way for Den and Finnar, and to keep them from getting hurt- finally he had to throw off the helmet, its weight becoming too much- but he didn't dare get rid of anything else- the armour was keeping him alive.
The door out came into view- it was guarded, but the sound of battle came from outside. All at once the entire group was hurrying toward it, Thon in the back holding off the soldiers that pressed after them.

"Keep moving!" He called.

Ainu did- they came to the door at last and broke through. They had some steep ground to cover to make it down, but the elf didn't care about that- he let Galenfae and Menel push toward the front with Den and Finnar, and he fell back, helping Thon.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 07:12
Keep moving, Menelfaroth. You cannot stop now, no matter how badly you hurt. You cannot risk further injury or death to those you have rescued. Her breath was coming in short wheezing gasps now, and she felt lightheaded and weak. But everytime she wanted to stop, the thought that if she was going to prove herself a warrior and not a toy to Ethoner, she was going to have to keep forging on. She could not draw back her bow, the pain in her side too great for her to compensate for it, and so she was using her sword. Anything that came at her with weapon raised was a prime target.
She was having to hobble most of the time, pressing her hand against her side as she ran, trying to staunch the flow of blood somehow.
Menel kept glancing back at Ethoner making sure that he had not fallen in the battle, or Ainu for that matter. Whenever she did, she got a new surge of energy, but her blood loss was sapping her strength considerably.

[Edited on 4/12/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 05:57
Eareendil has looking out over the clearing when she heard a slight noise form down the path. She looked in that direction and nodded toward the elf in the tree near her. He nodded yes and she knew there was yet another patrol headed there way.

They remained quiet. soon they saw the patrol. This one was moving very slowly and quietly. It had a total of 5 men in it. The tracker was confirming every foot fall of last patrol. This one would no doubt be able to tell were the last attack happened. There was no way aruond it they would have to kill the 5 men. As quickly and quietly as possible.

As the patrol appooaced ther was still no sign of a patrol in the clearling. As they got close Earendil nodded to her companion and the both drew arrows and pulled back on their bows. Earendil grimaced slighly but helt it taunt. all of these human were looking down to up that would be their saving graace if you got one.

With a nodd the 2 elves each shot a different human. teh were both dead instant y. the other 3 ran straing forward to ward the base camp. Both Earendil and her compainoin wera ble to pick off one more. this left a single man running pell mell toward camp.

The other olf wuckly let the 3 at base know what was coming and to make sure he didnt excape.

It did not take him long to reach the base camp were he was shot without warning.

all five bodis were quickly disposed of.

will do with typos later

Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2005 01:58
Gaeron fought like a fury to try to get past the guards the blocked his path and reach his brother. He had heard Finnar's voice, he was certain of it! His companions were either side of him, also trying to open a way back into the tunnels, so that the other party could make it out.
He raised his knife to block a downwards sweep from a sword and looked into the face of his opponant, then gasped.
"You!" both man and elf gasped as one.
Gaeron recovered first. "Yes, me! And this time, I'm fully conscious and holding a weapon!"
His fist flashed out and caught the man full in the face. He followed it, knife raised for the kill. He'd so wanted to do this!
His knife plunged to the hilt in the throat of the one that had helped to so mistreat him, and perhaps his little brother too.
He looked up as more people came running towards him, and recognised Menel, and that might be Ethoner at the back. After a moment, he recognised the two 'haradrim' and scrambled back, turning on the guard that had sought to take advantage of his distraction. He was growing tired and hoped that the remaider of the fight wouldn't be long.

Galenfea shoved another away from her, aware of the battle going on over by the gate. She heard Gaeron yelling and hoped that he wasn't hurt, then dodged another blow that nearly took her head from her shoulders.
"Menel!" she called, seeing Menel stumble a little. "Do you need help?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2005 03:21
"Menel!" she called, seeing Menel stumble a little. "Do you need help?"

Menel shook her head, more to clear the ringing in her ears than anything, and said, "No, just keep going!" She stumbled again, and this time fell to one knee. That turned out to be fortunate, because she was being chased and the one following her had just taken a swipe at her head. When she dropped, it caused him to miss, and she spun around and kicked him as hard as she could in the face. He staggered back and when he charged forward again, he met the business end of her sword. The battle was starting to slow, and she ran as best she could over to the prisoners, hobbling their way painfully toward the rocky canyon.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 12:42
Thon saw Menel flagging and felt his heart constrict painfully, but knew that the best he could do for her was to hold the soldiers off of her back so they could all get out alive.
The open doorway created a welcome point of light in the dark, stone hewn passage to aim for and the Haradrim seemed to be falling back as they got closer, maybe figuring that they had bigger fish to fry with whoever had sounded the horn. Whatever, it was a welcome twist.
Outside Thon turned to run back to where they had left the rearguard, chivvying along those that were slowing when a shout caused him to turn back.
"Northern Scum!!!"
The soldier that had nearly started a fight with Thon back at Holodrum's camp was circling around from what must have been the main entrance to the fortress.
"New Friend!"
"You run Northern Scum. We been told you not die," He jerked a thumb at the door int he rock, "But they no know that. You're job done, our turn now!" He flashed a feral grin and spun with his sowrd drawn, lopping the head off of a man who had come out to find just who was shouting.
"Run!" Shouted Thon, "Holodrum is keeping them busy! Run!"
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2005 12:52
ooc:Hey guys I missed some, but I happened to look back, and thank you Alsin for remembering me and getting me back after so much time.

IC: Holodrum rode at the head of his troops. A magnificent cloak made him look like a king comeing for a war council. Too bad Holo's intensions were not so beniegn.
Looking up at the mountain Holodrum saw no outside clue of the Elves and Ethoner being inside and fighting, though judging by the fact that his most trusted scout hadn't found anyone where Holo had told him to look, gave Holo a good guess as to where they were. He wondered though, if the Haradrim knew yet. "Haradrim!" Holo shouted at the rockface, "Brother, come out!" Holo waited a minute for an answer, and when none came he smiled. Geuss they did know of the elves.
Turing his attention away from the waterfall fortress he looked at the people right behind him. "Pass the word along the lines," Holo said to his company leaders, "There is a friend of mine and his companions in there. They most likely will be battling out and need our help. Don't kill them at the very least. We attack now!"
Holodrum removed the cloak and passed it to a man who took it carfully to the back of the line. "Hurry men, assemble!"
Moments later the company leaders sounded the charge and all the men knew of Holo's instructions, and were marching toward the fortress. Holodrum walked along the lines and signaled Martone. Martone called to his company and they started toward the secret entranceWith Holodrum. Stopping at the entrance he motioned Martone and his men forward and started again somewhere in the middle. His men knew what to do.
Outside Astin looked over the waterfall and surrounding rock. These friends of Holo's must be quite troublesome. This fortress is supposed to be invulnerable and hardly a fight has been raised against... His thoughts were cut off when, just as the men were getting close, archers jumped out and started shooting down The attackers. "Form Up!" Astin shouted, "Fend off the arrows, find the archers!" Some of the men found an easier way up then to scramble up the side of the rock. Making there way up that they were able to find an entrance, despite the arrows still raining down. Holodrums archers answered arrow for arrow now and were able to previde good cover for the accending men.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 07:04
Menel kept forging ahead. The pain in her side was now far more than a stitch, and the blood was beginning to literally run down her side. She wasn't sure she would make it to cover, but suddenly several elves appeared out of nowhere to grab he former prisoners and Menel followed them to a small hideaway in the rock. She heard one call to Thon and the others, and as she reached the small stone alcove, her legs finally gave way unde her and she collapsed. Fortunately for her, there was an elf stanidng right there. When he caught her, his hand struck her side, and she screamed in agony.
"Ethoner! Menelfaroth is hurt, badly!" was the last thing she heard before warm darkness overtook her and she passed out.
*Please see OOC*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 06:40
The process of getting away and moving forward became a blur to Ainu, but he kept going and following the lead of the others because he knew he had to.

"Run!" Shouted Thon, "Holodrum is keeping them busy! Run!"

The elf didn't need to be told twice- he gave up with the haradric sword, dropping it to the ground and tearing away some of the other armor as he pushed himself onward. It was just too heavy- by the time he struggled into the spot of (relative) safety that the others had run to, he was down to the mail shirt. Since they were in a shielded spot- at least for the moment- he collapsed to a sitting-position and put Galenfae's bloodied hankerchief back against his jaw, which was the main cause of his dizziness and pain.

as she reached the small stone alcove, her legs finally gave way unde her and she collapsed. Fortunately for her, there was an elf stanidng right there. When he caught her, his hand struck her side, and she screamed in agony.
"Ethoner! Menelfaroth is hurt, badly!" was the last thing she heard before warm darkness overtook her and she passed out

Ainu might have jumped to his feet to help Menel if he'd thought he could, but he could only look on with a pained expression. Until now he had not noticed how serious her wound was. The elf who had caught her lay her gently down to inspect it. He wondered how badly everyone else was hurt- if they were hurt at all- and what they would do now. In the very back of his mind he was wishing he knew where his lute had been left- losing the sword and bow were hard blows to be sure, but the lute he wanted safe most of all. It was no use asking anyone now- he just contented himself to be silent and rest until someone said they were to move on, if they were to go at all.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 04:54
Earendil and her companion had barely gotten the 4 bodies hidden when they heard the horn sound. Not 2 seconds later before they had a chance to climb back in to a tree they heard from downthe trail.
"D***, elves, you are the reason for our patrols disaapearing. Get em!"

The words were barely out the mans mouth and their were 2 archers with bows drawing them back. Earendil and her companion jumped behind trees and missed being shot by mere inches.

They then began to move in the general direction of the base camp. always keeping severl tree between themselves and the archers. Plus they were not moving paralell to each other so the men could not be sure if one of them might be planning something stupid. The patrol felt safe after all there were 10 of them and only 2 elves.

Both of the elves know without a doubt that to appear for even long enough to take one shot would result in a quick death. So thye kept moving through the trees. They kept out of sight and kept changing direction so the men were hard pressed to keep track of them.

The male elf took a few monents and informed his freind at the main camp that they had been seen by a large patrol.

The three elves there went into hidding. They knew that the humans would likely make there way to them and they did not want to be surprised but rather do the surpriseing. It did not take very long for Earindel and her freind to make it back to the clearing of the main camp. They slipped into trees and waited the couple of minutes for the humans to get there.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 09:10
"Ethoner! Menelfaroth is hurt, badly!"

"What!?" Thon sheathed his sword in a fluid movement and ran to kneel beside Menel.
He gently reached out a hand to stroke her hair comfortingly as the elf she had fallen into lifted her shirt to expose the wound.
"When did she would herself before?" He asked.
"I... I didn't know she had." Thon frowned and fought back the fresh surge of worry as he noticed the bright blood blooming on the old bandage.
The elf stripped the bandage and inspected both wounds.
"They will heal. But she needs rest, somewhere she is not likley to be disturbed."
"Well that's just the problem isn't it?" Thon snapped, then immediatly caught himself, "Sorry, I didn't mean that. Could you just do what you can for now?"
The Elf nodded and Thon rose to find his brother. They were safe enough here for long enough for them to catch their breath and deal with the most pressing casualties.
He found Den crouched near the Elf he had been carrying, watching the Elves that were tending to him with a wary eye.
"He's in good hands Den." He crouched down and looked into his brother's eyes. Dark brown, like his own, but holding fresh pain and fear that would take a lot of time to dull. "it's alright Den." Thon raised his hand to Den's cheek, "I'm here now."
Den leant into the touch then leant forward, slipping his arms aorund Thon, taking comfort in his warm, solid presence.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2005 02:51
When they plunged headlong into this new hiding place, Gareron finally caught up with the mortal man who was carrying Finnar. He crouched beside them as his brother was carefully laid down and one of those that had brought them in here began inspecting his many wounds. Finnar shrank away from the stranger, his eyes wide with fear. Gaeron took his hand, carefully, and he looked round. For a moment he struggled to focus on this new face, but when he finally managed it a light came into his eyes at last.
"Gaeron?" he breathed. A small smile touched his face at Gaeron's nod. "I'm dreaming..."
"No, Finnar. I'm really here. It's all right." Gaeron laid a hand on Finnar's cheek, gently trying to avoid touching the bruises across his forehead and around his eye. "All right, gwanur nin. You're safe now."
He could only hope that that was a promise that he could keep.
Galenfea had been fighting a rearguard action as they left the doorway, and was among the last to head down the hill. She heard a scuffling noise and looked over to see the oters diving into a hiding place among the stones, and was turning to follow them when a glint among the stones caught her eye. She went over, creeping until she remembered that she was without her cloak and in armor so speed would be a far better protection.
It turned out to be Ainu's sword, still lying where he had dropped it. She smiled as she scooped it up and tucked it into her belt, alongside her own dagger. He'd be pleased to have that back again.
She was just about to head back to the others when she heard something above her. The sound of battle still going on in the caves. And now that it was man against man in there, her haradic armour would not help her. She headed for the nearest shelter with all possible speed, but stumbled from pure shock when an arrow skimmed against her armour. Another narrowly mised her head and she dropped to the ground, lying quite still and hoping that they wouldn't come to investigate whether she really was dead. She was aware of a tickling along the side of her head and hoped that it was her hair. But even if the arrow had skinned her brow, it would not be deep.

((Yell at me if you have an issue with what Galenfea's doing. And she's not really hurt: just a scrape on the side of her head. But she is playing dead.))
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2005 12:35
Earendil has well aware that the grop she was with was out numbered 2 to 1 but if they could take out both archers inthe first round that would be huge. As such Earendil drew bead on the archer nearst to her. Still she had no idea how the would corrdinate the attack.

The humans were only a few paces into the clearing when there was a yell. It came fron one of the humans. Earendil concluded that someone had been seen so she let her arrow fly as did all of her compainions. All of the arrow were sent forth with deadly accuracy. The sad part was that they all landed in the 2 archers. All the humans wer now running in diferent directions some going toward the archer they had seem other just running to get out of the clearing.

It only took Earendil a couple of seconds to get another arrow ready to fly. By that time it was appaerent. That one of her compainions now had 2 soilders charging straight for them. Earindil took aim on the back one konwing that no onein there right mind would expect help with the first attacker only with the following one. The second human fell dead atbout 10 or 12 feet from the young ranger who had been left with the elves.

The ranger met the attacker head on and in a short time that human lay dead as well.
Even as the ranger was fighting the man Earendil was looking over the clearing. AS couple of elves had broke cover and wre charging after humans. There was no sign of any other survivors. Until without warning
Earendil felt a pain in her side. Follow almost immediatley by a shout in common tongue. "Come down out of the tree and stop being a coward. Yeah bloody elf"

At that monent Earendil know without a dooubt she was in fact coming out of the tree the direct way, by falling, her balance had not been perfect when she shot the man across the clearing and a jolt of being hit in the side by a dager had left her unbalanced. Earendil looked down just before she started to fall. With the dager still in her side if she landed on it, it would be drove much deeper into her and most likely kill her. So Earendil hoped to land in such a way that the dager did not hit the ground first. Eardendil was well aware that the human would be on her in seconds after she hit and there would be little she could do to stop him from killing her. She would be defenseless.
Earendil hit the ground hard, the pain from the dager in her side was muchworse then a contact with ground pain. Darkness way approaching swiftly. Earendel senced rather then saw the human coming toward her.

((ooc- I am well a ware that Erendils resque has to come fromthe troop left behind as a back gaurd. but coe has been tryinf to eat this post so will post that tomaorrow.))
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 01:00
When things seemed to be quiet again, Galenfea cautiously raised her head and poked curiously at the side of her forehead, where the arrow had skimmed her. The hair on that side was dripping blood and she swore. Still, as she had guessed, the wound was only shallow and she was perfectly able to get up and scramble back to rejoin the others, watching the entrance to ensure that she was not seen as she slipped into their hiding place.
There was a bit of panic as she entered, but they soon recognised the face that went with the armour and she made her way to sit by Ainu, noting as she did so that Gaeron was sitting by Finnar, holding his hand and talking softly to him.
"Ainu?" she said, "I've found your sword." And she held it out to him.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 07:09
ooc- thanks for the post now I can finish mine.

Just as the ranger was putting his blade through his opponite he heard the words
"Come down out of the tree and stop being a coward. Yeah bloody elf"
The young ranger headed straigth for the speaker. Before he got htere he heard teh thud of a body falling. He assume that an elf had fallenout of the tree but he was not sure why that had happened. All he knew for sure was that after a fall like that even an elf would be hard press to put up a good fight. So he moved faster to make sure he arrived at the fallen elf before the human could kill them.

As the ranger was moving across the clearing there was one other watcher as well an elf in the tree. He was unable to shoot the offending man becasue the ranger was in the way. The elf swore under his breath that if the fallen elf died because of the ranger the ranger would die as well.

The ranger was not heard by the man who was intent on killing Earendel, so that he was swinging his blade down to cut off her head and was totally surprised when his blade found another blade instead of a soft neck. Then the man turned on the ranger and swung again. The two fought for a minute or two before the ranger found an opening and stabbed the man in the chest.

The elf int he tree had came acroos the clearing and was watching the fight with interest. When the ranger defeated the man he dropped to one knee besdie Earendel and checked out wound. He was relieved that the wound was not that deep . It must have been something else that had caused her to fall.

The elf quickly removed the dager and bandaged the wound.

The other returned and reported the none of the patrol had escaped.

The older elf there sent word to Bregion. "we are not sure how much longer we will be abel to hold this spot unless patrols stop."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 07:15
When Ainu didn't see Galenfae with their group in hiding he became worried, and went to look out. He saw her lying still some distance away and felt fear grip his heart. Was she hurt? Was she dead?! That simply couldn't be so- he wanted to go out to help her, but he couldn't- because it was too dangerous, and because he didn't know if he could manage it. If he was to do anything, he'd have to catch his breath. One of the elves put a hand on his shoulder and urged him to sit down, so he did, feeling ashamed to be doing so. He glanced at Menel, then at Thon and his brother, and at the other elves.

There was a bit of panic as she entered, but they soon recognised the face that went with the armour and she made her way to sit by Ainu, noting as she did so that Gaeron was sitting by Finnar, holding his hand and talking softly to him.
"Ainu?" she said, "I've found your sword." And she held it out to him.

Ainu smiled, genuinly glad to see her alive.
"Thank-you," he said, taking the sword, "I'd thought it was lost to me forever....are you alright?"
He was thinking that, actually, he owed her his life- she had been the one to save him, hadnt she?

"Thon," he said after a few more minutes, "Don't you think we should move someplace safer...?"

(sorry I was gone for so long! *clings to thread*)

Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 11:14
Thon pulled away from Den and looked around. Those that were still conscious seemed to have gained their breath a little and, glancing out of their cubby hole, the battle seemed to be focused on Holodrum's encroaching force, rather than the one that was running away.
"Very well Ainu. We go back to where we left the horses and the rear guard, mount up as well as we can and run. We don't stop until we are a good distance away." He stood, scooped Menel up in his arms and gestured for some of those that were still fit to preceed him. "Ready?" A ripple of nods, "Run."
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 01:37
"Thank-you," he said, taking the sword, "I'd thought it was lost to me forever....are you alright?"

"I'll live," she muttered, a trifle ruefully, pressing a hand to her bleeding head.
"Very well Ainu. We go back to where we left the horses and the rear guard, mount up as well as we can and run. We don't stop until we are a good distance away." He stood, scooped Menel up in his arms and gestured for some of those that were still fit to preceed him. "Ready?" A ripple of nods, "Run."

Galenfea had stifled a groan as Thon announced that they were about to run for it. Her head did hurt, but she knew she was good for a while longer. She'd make it to the camp, she knew that. Further? She hoped so.
She squeezed Ainu's hand for a moment, then, as Ethoner gave the order to go, she broke and ran with the rest. She could see Gaeron, and guessed that someone near him was carrying Finnar.
She jumped the last few rocks and fled into the trees, becoming aware that there was the sound of a fight up ahead.
"Oh Valar!" she panted, "Just what we don't need!"

((Yell at me if you have a problem with the last bit))
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email