Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Renegades (Free for all, Men, Elves, Sauron Spawn, whoever!)
on: January 08, 2006 08:48
ooc- im working from the view point that the fighting you hear is the last sword swings of the fight between the lone ranger and the last human.. if you had something else in mind let me know and I can edit.

ic- As the group is running Bregion shouts. "We had best hurry our reargaurd has been under attack as well."

-------

The elf who had bandaged Earendel (Geldrin) had barely finished when he heard foot steps. "Freinds on gaurd we're about to get a good deal of company." He pointed in the direction of the waterfall, more for the benifit of the ranger then any of the elves. The rear gaurd all stood at the ready arrows notched waiting to see what would come through the woods.

The first one into the clearing was an elf, one from Bregions group. Geldrin yelled, "hold your fire."

The new comer said,"we are to head out immediately."

The rest of the attacking force came pilling in. Geldrin yelled. "Mount up. We have a wounded elf here as well.Leave the man."

ooc- if I have jumped a head of things let me know... It sounded from the last post that the attacking company would be arriving any minute.

Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 09:43
There weren't enough horses for everyone to ride, so those that couldn't walk mounted up while others fanned out to form a rear guard.

((Sorry, that's pathetic, but I hadn't the foggiest idea what to write!))
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2006 04:32
Geldrin took it upon himself to carry Earendel. He had hoped for a few minutes to talk about his friend. the one who had helped this ellethin the first place and had than fallen for her.

They were rideing as quickly as possible with all the animals at least having 2 riders, all the injured were being carried. Those that were fully healthy were the only ones left to run and those would be changed out every hour or 2 at the most that way no one would be over exhausted.

There was need to put as much space between them and the stronghold of the humans as possible. With all the speed they could manage.

About an hour into the trip Earendel woke up. She saw Geldrin was holding her and could feel the horse as well. It took a minute for her to realize that the company was not only complete but larger then before.

After she had taken in what was going on, Geldrin spoke to her, "why did you fall, the wound was not that deep?"

Earendel thought carefully. "I was off balance and the shock of getting hit and the pain all that was needed to cause me to fall."

Geldrin continued"YOU should have stayed in the cave you would have been well cared for. HE would gladly have given his life save you."

Earendel sighed"I have no wish for anyone to give their life for me. That is the main reason I could not stay."

ooc- i for one am, not were this troop is heading off too... cant go any further without that info.

Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2006 12:18
((I don't know either, but we'll have to do something...))

When they thought they were a safe distance away they stopped to rest, as even those that were unhurt were weary and those that were...
Galenfea looked around. Gaeron looked on the point of collapse, slumped against a tree, gasping. The strain that he had put himself under in the desperate escape was telling on him; he was not yet recovered from his own injuries. Ainu was swaying and she instinctively steadied him. Menel was still unconscious and Finnar too had passed out during the ride.
She knew that they needed to keep going, though it was likely that the Haradrim would be occupied with each other for at least a while. Still, they all needed rest.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 22, 2006 01:56
Ainu *had* been pushing himself hard- and he'd refused a horse, since there were others who needed to ride- as as he went he stopped paying attention to where they were going or how long they'd been running. He only noticed when everyone else stopped, and as he slowed he swayed in his weariness- and probably would have fallen if Galenfae hadn't steadied him.

"Thank-you," he said, attempting a wan smile as he leaned against a tree. He put his hand over hers as it rested on his shoulder. She really had done much for him... if not for her he'd not have his sword and probably wouldn't be alive at this moment. He couldn't think of anything else to add, to express his gratitude... so he removed his hand and concentrated on taking the few precious moments of rest for all they were worth.

(I'm not sure either. sorry I havnt posted in so long!)
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 10:36
"Try sitting down," Galenfea suggested. "I always find it helps."
She sat beside him, leaning on him a little, for she too was weary. She hoped that she would be able to get up again when the time came to move on. She also took the opportunity to have a look at the wound that the man interrogating Ainu had given her in the fight. It was long, and had stained her torn tunic rather badly, but it was not deep and the blood had clotted. She'd wash it when they stopped for the night, as they must.
"How's your jaw?" she asked Ainu, glancing at the ugly wound.
"Mustn't sit down, mustn't sit down," muttered Gaeron, over and over, like a mantra. If he sat down he'd never get up, he knew that well enough, but his knees felt ready to take the decision for him. He stood leaning on a tree beside Finnar, who lay unconscious on a patch of grass. Blood was beginning to soak through a bandage to his arm and Gaeron's heart bled in sympathy. He went to move a little nearer, but his knees buckled and he collapsed beside the still form of his brother, stars flashing across his vision.
Idiot! Get up! he thought, trying to struggle up, but unable to find the strength and energy. Someone lifted him and he leaned heavily on them, closing his eyes.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2006 12:49
((Just adding something to try to bump this up a little))

Galenfea scrambled up as she saw Gaeron collapse. Someone else arrived at his side before her and helped him to stand again, but she knelt in front of him and took his face in her hands.
"Gaeron?"
Silently, he opened his eyes. They were dark with exhaustion and pain. She looked from him to the one supporting him.
"I don't think he can keep going much longer."
He needs a real rest, she thought as she and the other person helped him to lie down to get what little rest he could. We all do. But there's so little time!
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 11:41
Thon moved among the group, bolstering their flagging reserves.
"Come on, just a little further! There's a place up ahead we can be safe for the night, where we can tend to our wounds, drink, eat and sleep. Think on that, just a little further!"
Again he lifted Menel in his arms, ensured that Den, Finnar and Gaeron at least had mounts and moved them on, in turn cajoling and threatening.

It was nearing sunset when a wall of rock appeared among the trees and Thon directed those on foot into a small crack in it that soon widened out into a fair sized cavern. The horses were left outside under the care of Marakion and a couple of other able bodied Rangers while the injured were laid inside.
Thon placed Menel in a corner near the back of the cave and sat by her, having ensured that Den was being taken care of.
She shifted and groaned so he lifted her on one arm and tried to get her to drink from a canteen. She took a few sips and her eyes began to flutter open.
"Thon?" She whispered.
"Yes Menel, I'm here." He smiled at her but his brows drew together into a frown, "But you're lucky to be. Why didn't you tell me you were injured before we set off?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 11:58
Menel looked up at Thon though a haze. "I didn't tell you because I knew how you would react. It is an old wound, one that happened before I even met you, so it is not like you could have saved me from the injury anyway. And besides that, what does it matter to you if I am hurt or not? It's not like I have a real purpose in the first place, except as a cheap distraction every now and again, whether it be for you or someone else."

She shivered and said, "I feel very good. Is there something I could use to get warm?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 12:15
Thon slipped off his own cloak and swung it round her shoulders.
"I could not have saved you, but maybe I could have helped tend to it, surely you had problems reaching?" He sat back on his heels. "And of course it matters to me whether you are hurt or not, you are more than a distraction, you're not a distraction at all, you're a warrior and..." He paused and shook his head, "That all came out wrong."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 12:31
"Oh, that's right, I am not even good enough to be a distraction anymore. I forgot about that." She lay back and said bitterly. You don't care, so why do you pretend to? You had your fun kissing me and then you just went on your merry way." She turned her head so he would not see the teas in her eyes.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 12:41
"Dammit woman! I'm not pretending! I do care very much for you! I'm sorry if you feel that I'm pretending but I don't see what else I can do! i've apologised for my impossibly stupid and unfeeling comments but there frankly hasn't been time since in which we have been stopped or you have been conscious for anything else!"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 12:56
She snapped her head around and said, "Well, when you go into Captain-god mode, and act like an impossible horses rear, what do you expect me to think. I'm sorry for becoming unconscious on you and making you have to carry me back here! I wanted to be with you, and trying to deal with how I feel about you and you have made me feel wothless and like a cheap hussy!" She lay back, pulling his cloak around her and rolled over to face the wall.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 11:38
Thon sighed and seemed to deflate, his anger leaving him.
"Menel, please." His voice was low and he made no effort to keep his feelings out of it, "You have nothing to apologise for, even if you are being sarcastic. I deserve every name you can throw at me and more. How can I prove to you that I really do care for you and want you to be happy?"
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 07:24
ooc: ok this quick post is set just alittle before you guys left the fortess thread time. I'll post more up to date soon when I think of something.

IC:Holodrum fought on. Out of the thirty men he had taken into the fortress through the back door 17 were left including Holo. Planning to invade the fortess to it's core this small band continued forward, never resting, and coninuously fighting for each foot.
"Look out!" Someone shouted from behind, and Holo had to react quickly to deflect the sword that was coming for his head. Parrying quickly and stabbing Holo dispached the impertinant advarsary and continued on with his men. Now alittle more cautious of his back.
Pulling out a small map that his spys had copied down he checked his progress.
"Not nearly far enough." He muttered to himself. Looking back up he shouted "How do we fair men?" A rousing shout let him know his men fought on and would continue to. A band of 5 haradrim cut in through a side passage and attacked Holo's group from the side. The Haradrim were quickly cut down by Holodrum and his men, but another one of the 17 was slayn.
Holodrum knelt down beside him as he breathed his last, "We fight on!" the man said weakly. Holo smiled and said, "We do indeed." Standing up again Holo growled, "Alright men, find me my brother."

[Edited on 19/4/2006 by holodrum]

[Edited on 21/4/2006 by holodrum]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 11:40
"I wouldn't waste anymore of my breath insulting you, Ethoner of Gondor!" Menel hissed at him, keeping her voice low as well. "It's a little late for you to be proving anything to me. You want a playmate, not an equal. You made that abundantly clear. It's too late now to try to pretend you didn't spill your guts just because you want to touch me and know that nothing will come of it." She turnd her head and glared at him. "And what a laugh you must have had at my expense! I wa falling for you, thinking that maybe we could make something of this jumble of emotions. But I guess I was the only one having feelings like that." She winced and pressed her hand to her side, going white with pain and gasping for breath.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 11:50
Thon moved convulsively as if to touch her, to help her, but he pulled back. His memory was full of the fire flashing in her eyes and he knew that anything else he said would just fall on deaf ears and any help be thrown back in his face.
His own expression hardened.
"Alright. Believe what you will, apparently nothing I can say will convince you otherwise." He rose from his knees beside her, "Goodbye Menel." He stalked over to where Den leant heavily against the cave wall. "Women!"
Den gave an almost silent chuckle, "Nice to see some things never change."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 03:36
Ainu sat at Galenfae’s suggestion, letting out a sigh of relief as he rested. When she leaned against him a small smile tugged at his lips. He was growing very fond of her indeed, though in his present state he couldn’t do more than be grateful for her help. After all, it was just because of her that he was free at all…
At her question he hitched one shoulder in a half-hearted shrug.
“I’ll be fine,” he said, though the wound was throbbing painfully. He’d dealt with worse before, though, so he was sure he could handle it… or, at least, he *hoped* he could.

When Gaeron collapsed the minstrel started to get to his feet, when others rushed to the fallen elf’s aid he just stayed where he was. They were a distance from the fighting, but not far enough in his opinion…

Thon came around and tried to raise their motivation, urging everyone to go just a little further… and finally Ainu got to his feet and forced himself to move forward by sheer will.

Once they were within the cavern he once again sank gratefully to the ground and was content to rest his back against the cool cave wall. There were others with wounds more serious than his who needed tending, and he would wait… for the moment he just sat with his eyes closed, wondering what had become of his lute. It had been left behind when he and Galenfae had gone to ‘spy’. It was probably crushed, or lost, or stolen… and he’d lost his bow as well. But at least he had his sword… something else to thank Galenfae for.

Opening his eyes he searched for her, hoping to inquire after her wound… and he picked up on the tension between Thon and Menel. It saddened him, since they’d been growing so close before, but he didn’t interfere…

(well, its something, right?)
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 05:31
ooc: ok I've fast forwarded now, one post more and I'll be done in the fortress and meet y'all again. Maby for the last time

Astin, Holo's second in command, could not believe the luck. Barely 2 hours ago they had launched an attack on this supposedly impenetrable fortess. Already they were making good progress. It was as if something had sent half the fortess into confusion and chaos before they had arrived. Whatever had happened he was glad. Pulling out a copy of the map Holo had, Astin aproxomated their location in relation to the treasure room. "farther down men!!"
The army Holo had assembled had not had long to train together, but the thought of the tresure this fortress may contain bought at least temporary love of each other. Contingents of men broke off down side corridors as the march continued. Men were lost on both sides, but Holo's army pressed on.
At last, after a few more hours, Astin found them to be getting very, very close. The enormous door that now blocked their way confirmed it. Not to mention the small army of guards that quickly formed ranks and held back the attacking army as long as they could. Astins leadership combined with sheer forces eventually had the defenders either dead or surrendered and stripped of weapons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~meanwhile~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holo had continued forward alone. He had fought with his men untill they reached a small corridor with no other side passages. He knew that this was the place that would lead him to his brother. Leaving the remaining twelve men, including Marton, to hold the corridor, Holo had walked fearlessly forward. He knew that his brother would have a few last guards at his door, but Holo was confident. When he finally rounded the last bend he faced The Door, and the two top guards chosen to hold this door against an army.
Holding up his hands Holo started to speak, "Fellow Haradrim, I have no appointment with you." The guards only chuckled and readied their weapons. Holo continued, "Surly you hear it, a battle rages below us. This fortress has been breached. You were grossly unprepared for a small invading force and the resulting confusion has caused you to fall to a greater force." The men looked at eachother, they had assumed the sounds would be sounds of their fellows driving back the attacking force.
The guards were resolute though. They had their orders. "You will not pass us, fool. and we will not step aside whatever you say."
"I thought as much," Holo said smiling. Quickly drawing his sword, holo sidestepped a swing one of the guards had aimed at him then bashed the man in the face with the butt of his sword. The other guard had acted a split second after his fellow and Holo was hard pressed to block the next attack. He did, but just barely as a new cut on his arm bled slightly. Pushing the sword away and grimacing slightly at the pain Holo turned his blade and deftly flipped his opponents sword out of his grasp and away. Then quickly pointing his sword at the guards throat he growled, "Let my brother know I am here."
Nodding slightly the guard backed toward the door and knocked 3 times. Still not looking away from Holodrum when the door opened slightly the man called into the room, "Sir someone claiming to be your brother is here. And I believe he wishes an audience."
A cold voice answered from behind the door, "I could here the sounds of your encounter quite clearly, and I must say i am disappointed. Remind me to kill you later for failing."
The guard grew pailer, if that was possible at this time, but could asnwer in no other way then, "Y-Yes...sir."
"Well let him in Fool," The voice continued, "It has been along time since I had a reunion."
The guard, still not looking away from Holo grimaced and worked to pull the door farther open. As Holo passed through, sword still drawn, he wispered to the guard, "Pray I am successful boy. It may be your only chance." With that Holodrum walked in the door and for the first time in years faced his brother, the leader of this waterfall fortress. Grorthen.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 09:03
Menel saw Ethoner leave her side through the waves of pain that assailed her. That was all the proof she needed.She tried biting back her tears, but it was senseless. An entire dam could not hold those tears back.

Bregion came over and checked her side, calling over a healer when he checked her forehead, and found her not only sweating, but with her temperature high as well. He turned and looked with a hateful glare at Ethoner.

Through it, she clutched Ethone's cloak tighter around her, and eventually, aided by the healer's herbs, she fell into a painless, dreamless sleep.
Once she was out, the healer covered her head with a cold cloth and piled more blankets on her.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 09:09
Thon sighed in response to his brother's quip, "No Den, some things never change and never will. Will you be alright if i were to go outside for a while?"
"Aye brother, I am not injured, just in need of rest. Go, calm yourself."
Thon briefly squeezed Den's hand in thanks, stood and strode out of the cave to lean against the rock face in the moonlight and wonder why he was such a success as a Ranger but such a failure as a man.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 09:42
Bregion saw the ranger head outside, and followed him. He was going to put an end to all this.

"I have never seen such a callous disregard for someone in my long years." Bregion's voice was soft, but with an edge to it. "She needs you, and because of a few coarse words, you walked away. She may have been angry, but it your own fault. You were the one who treated her like she was nothing more than an object. You were the one who forgot she was a warrior. She didn't. Yes, Menelfaroth has done some foolish things in the past, but she let herself fall for you. Now she is suffering and all you can do is walk away from her. I hope you're happy with yourself, Ethoner of Gondor."

The tall dark haired elf's eyes had narrowed and he hands were clenched into fists at his sides.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 09:53
"Happy?" Thon pushed away from the cliff and faced Bregion, "How can I be happy? I let myself fall for her as well, I thought she could see that. But then she lets a few ill thought out words, which I am prone to I make no secret of that, go straight to her heart and closes her ears to all the reparations I try to make in the circumstances! I never forgot she was a warrior, I was not happy with her putting herself in danger alone though. While I tried to think how to put someone else with her my mouth ran away with me. I. Did. Not. Mean. It. But she will never see that."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 10:05
"So instead of being a good Captain and watching over one of your fighters, when she is hurt and needs you, you prove yourself less than a Man again by walking away." Bregion shook his head and said, "You worthless pile of orc dung."
His fist was up and moving before even he realized it.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 11:01
Thon caught Bregion's fist square on his jaw and staggered back in surprise.
"Lowering yourself to my level eh?" His eyes lit up as he tasted blood from a split lip. This was what he needed, a chance to let off steam and retain what little honour was left to him.
He swiftly rebalanced himself and darted back into the fray, hoping his longer reach and weight advantage would work in his favour against an elf. He closed in, attempting to trip or overbalance Bregion so he could be pinned at at his mercy.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 11:16
Bregion took a hit from Thon, but he rolled with the force of the punch and managed to come out still on his feet. He bounced up onto a rock and brought his fist down, aiming it directly for the center of Ethoner's skull.
He connected , and Bregion saw with satisfaction the man stagger back.
"You never loved her!" he spat at the tall Ranger. "You just played with her, toyed with her, then you delivered the cruelest blow you could, didn't you?"

His fist slammed into the Ranger's gut.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 11:21
"And you think you do?" Thon made use of his crouched position to tackle Bregion back into the cliff. "I don't see you in there caring for her either." He smashed his elbow into the Elf's face as he tried to regain his breath.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 07:53
"At least I haven't lied to her about my motives. I haven't pretended to be something I am not to try to win her over, Ranger!"
Bregion felt his face swell slightly from the blow from Thon's elbow. "At least I have not deluded her into thinking that I am some noble man. She knows my attentions are born purely out of a physical attraction to her." He kicked Thon in the knee and threw another punch at his head. "And for your information, I was the one that discovered she was feverish and sat with her until the healer came over while all you did was walk away muttering to yourself."

[Edited on 22/4/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2006 01:05
When they entered the cavern Geldrin was going to have Earendil tended to at once but she stoped him. She reminded him that many were hurt far worse then her and had not had the benefit of having even a partly trained healer.

When the healer was called to Menel. Earendil had senced the tension between her and Thon. She was surprised that the human had walked away when the elleth needed him.

That would have been odd if he cared, maybe she had been wrong and Thon didnt care.

Geldrin grinned, "see how uncareing humans are. You should be happy when an ellon falls for you."

Earendil frowned, "You forget I know humans far better then you do. Some one falling for me is not what makes a difference to me. It is how they act. Not what they say. Besides if one truely falls for another they do not try and change them in to something they are not."

With a nod in the direction Thon had went. "This human is definately a man who had been in charge much of his life. It shows in his actions. He probably has never had to deal with his emotions, that is often the way it works."

Now that the healer was done with Menel he came over to Earendil and make sure her wound was properly cared for.

( i know this doesnt do a whole lot but ... keeps things moving slowly)
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 09:04
*Joint post from Alsin and myself to finish up the fight*

Thon staggered back again, the world going oddly muffled from the blow to his head. He hadn't quite heard what Bregion had said but knew it wouldn't merit an answer so he just growled deep in his throat and dove back into the fray. His fist were flailing, trying to land blows wherever he could, head, ribs, it didn't matter.

Bregion jumped back to try to avoid one of those blows and realized too late that he had gotten himself trapped in a corner. He swung at Ethoner, desperate to get out of the trap he had sprung on himself.

"Ha!" Thon slipped a hand down to his belt and withdrew a long dagger from its sheath. "Not feeling so clever now are we?"

Bregion swallowed hard, and his eyes flickered in fear. With the addition of the long dagger, there was no way that he could beat Ethoner, even if he did manage to draw his own. He would have to have first strike, and the Ranger was too quick for that to happen. Bregion did the only thing he could. He held his hands out to his side and dropped to his knees in defeat.

Seeing the elf kneeling in supplication before him the fight drained out of Thon and he lowered his knife. "I..." He sighed. "I want you to know Bregion that I never meant to hurt Menel." He turned to go back inside, "Take good care of her."

Bregion looked up at him and said, "Go to her now, while she sleeps, when she wakes and finds herself comforted in your arms, it will drain the fight out of her." Bregion looked down at the ground. "Then maybe you two can work this out."

Thon raised and eyebrow but continued on inside. The thought of actually having to lose Menel felt like a knife twisting in his gut and he knew he could not stand it. It had to be worth a try.

Inside the cave Menel was sleeping so he wiped the back of his hand over his mouth to get rid of any blood that might still be there, lay down beside her and gently shifted her sleeping form so that her head was pillowed on his arm as his other slipped around her waist.

Menel sighed in her sleep and rolled over, snuggling against his chest and sliding her arms aound his neck. She mumbled something low in her sleep, too low for Thon to understand, but a small smile pulled at her lips as she sighed again.

Thon sighed as well, revelling in how right she felt against him and trying to ignore the insistent worm of doubt in his stomach that whispered his worst fears.
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 07:27
"Ahh, brother! How good of you to join me!" Grorthen called. Sitting atop a pillar of stone, he looked truely like an underground king. Respledant in gaudy jewlery and a flowing cape, Grorthen sat there staring at his brother. If Holodrum noticed the look of pure hatred Grorthen had for him, he made no indication.
"Indeed Grorthen," Holo responded calmly, "I've traveled long and hard to find you again." Holodrum looked aroud, but the room he stood in seemed terribly bare, as if Grorthen had either not unpacked, or had repacked and hidden everything very quickly. Deducing the trueth Holodrum spoke again, "You were always one to need assurance of a quick exit. Though which you run from, me or a small band that invaded before, I know not."
"Shut your mouth!" Grorthen exclaimed, "You know nothing of me fool. And you know nothing of my halls!"
Holodrum just smiled, "I know enough. This room is a dead end," Holo said looking around, "And the only other exit is through me and thrity-five of my best men." Holo knew that his minor lie of numbers would not scare Grorthen...yet.
Grorthen laughed again, "Such a force could not hold me back and you know it."
"I do," Holodrum said, "which is why my main force has been buisy pilaging and taking your main plunder room."
That got to Grorthen, who stood up suddenly glaring at Holo, "If I find one coin missing..."
"You find more then that gone from this 'fotress',"Holo interupted, "Every glittering bauble, every speck of gold will be picked clean and long gone before you can deal with me."
Grorthen jumped down from his throne then, and though the younger, seemed to tower over Holodrum. "We'll see." With one hand Grorthen reached up, unclasped his cape and moved it aside. With the other just as fast he drew his sword.
Holodrum calmly walked up to him, drawing his own sword on the way. Seeming still as calm as ever Holodrum spoke again, knowing that it would drive Grorthen crazy, "I give you one last chance brother. Stop this foolishness. Forgive me, and our father and mother, and come home."
They were now close enough for sword blows to start, but Grorthen laughed again. This time the evilness that came through the laugh seemed to crawl up Holo's spine. "You ask for pardon with sword bared? and expec....Gwooah!" Holodrum hadn't waited for Grorthen to finish.
Moving quickly Holodrum had closed the last of the distance between them and attacked first. Grorthen had had just enough time to mount a defence and deflect the blow. Holodrum didn't pause though he attacked again trying not to give Grorthen ground to start attacking. Grorthen gave just enough ground, and started to focus on turning the tables. Getting low Grorthen used both hands on his sword to not only stop Holodrum's latest attack, but also to push it away and get an opening. Taking that opportunity Grorthen struck, and landed a grazing shot to Holo's arm as Holodrum dived away. Grorthen spat at Holo then, "I will never forgive you."
Though saddened by this, Holodrum had expected it. "Then I am sorry for you." Holodrum ran in and started the attack all over again, but Grorthen was not taken off guard this time. and the battle progressed, with niether giving ground.
Holo was able to slice low then and land a wound on Grorthens leg, but Grorthen mearly returned the favor to Holo's other arm. None of the damage so far was serious and niether combatant seemed at all affected. Grorthen pushed holodrum away again, and the men started to circle eachother. Though they had sparred many times, both brothers had grown in their time apart and neither was so sure of victory anymore to try and end it quickly.
Grorthen came in then sword ready for a viscious slicing attack that would behead a boar, but Holodrum was to quick. Dodging just in time, holodrum stabbed downward and made contact with Grothen's leg. Screaming out, Grorthen slammed both fists and the butt of his sword into Holos back. Luckily it didn't break Holo's back, but the wind was knocked out of him.
Holodrum fell to his knees, not thinking well for lack of air, he was able to crawl away and once he could breath, stand up shakily. After getting up he looked at Grorthen and realized why he was still alive while out of breath. When Holodrum stabbed his sword into Grorthens leg, he had missed the bone and in fact gone through and the angle that Grorthen had bent his leg had caused the sword to poke into his lower leg as well. It was a gruesome sight.
Grorthen was pinned. Because of the sword he couldn't extend his leg and it was embedded at such a narrow angle it was impossible to remove. Nothing else could be heard now exept for Grorthen's agonized screams. (Is it possible)Holodrum wondered, (to hate someone, yet feel pitty after they've tryed to kill you?) He doubted it in this cercomstance.
Holodrum walked forward, limping alittle at some wounds on his legs he didn't remember getting. As Holo got closer Grorthen gradually quieted untill he was able to look up and glare at Holodrum. "Grorthen," Holodrum said, "It's over."
Grorthen screamed again, this time less in pain, more in defeat. He was not going to give up now though. Useing his good leg Grorthen crawled back to his throne and pulled himself up, leaning fully on it and using his good leg as a brace. "No!" Grorthen said, "It will never be over so long as I live Holodrum! I have forged my way up. I have gained the power! I will kill you!"
Holodrum just stood there, leaning slightly to the left and once again he spoke as if he was not erupting with rage. Spoke as if he did not wish to slice Grorthen's head off, "No brother. This. Is. The. End. I gave you your last chance. You refused to leave it behind, and now, I must leave you behind." A look of fear passed over Grorthen, but was soon replaced by rage again. Holodrum continued as if nothing had happened, "I am going to walk out that door, and I am going to leave. There is nothing else you can do, and you will remain here. There is nothing I can do for you either brother, even if I helped you, I could not get you to a healer in time. I'm sorry my brother. This is the end."
Turning around, Holodrum walked out the door. Every step was agony though. Not because of his injuries. Because of the final cries he heard from Grorthen, still full of hate, even to the end. When Holodrum looked back he saw the guard he had left alive. The guard was shaking and was clearly afraid. "Y-y-you defeated him?" the guard asked. Holodrum mearly nodded. Next second the guard had his weapon back up, and rather shakily pointed it at Holo exclaiming, "T-then I must avenge him!"
Shaking his head Holodrum sighed, then spread his arms out wide, "Then strike, I have nothing left. My brother would not let go of his hate, and I have failed my mission. Just let me ask one thing," The guard who had been advancing slowly, stopped again, yet still shook. "What is your name?"
Taken off guard, the man stood there for a second, not sure what to do. "U-um...Halger."
"Then Halger, can you do what my brother could not?" Holodrum asked, "Can you forgive? Neither one of us wants to attack now, and surely it would be better then taking revenge for a man you cared nothing for."
Halger couldn't move. How could he respond to that? This man had killed his hired master, yet...Halger looked nack at the door and continued to think. When he turned around again he jumped. Holodrum was gone, and though Halger soon realized Holo had just moved on when his back was turned, it shook him into action. Halger ran forward and caught up to Holo easily, "I don't know how to respond to your question. but I do know that I can not kill you."
Holodrum turned again and faced Halger, "That gives me some hope then." Holodrum stumbled then pitching forward slightly, but Halger reached down and caught him. Holodrum smiled, "Lets get out of here." He said softly. Using Halger for support, Holodrum got back to the men who had been waiting for him this whole time.
Getting out was much easyer then getting in Holodrum found. The fighting seemed confined to little clashes here and there, but nothing major was left. Most of Grorthen's men had surrendered or died, and what treasure was stored here was now carted up and out and was hopefully on it's way back to Holo's own fortress.
When Holodrum got out into the sunlight, it was darker then he expected, due to the fact that night had fallen. Holodrum found everything just as he had ordered it. Astin was waiting for him, with a medic, and a change of cloths Holodrum would be very glad for. Astin smiled when Holodrum stepped out, then looked serious again when he saw Holodrum's face. "Anything all right sir?" Holodrum simply grimaced as he sat down to let the medic look him over.
"The only thing I can say that is of any consolation," Holodrum said quietly as the medic traeted the worst of the wounds so Holo could at least ride and move, "Is that for now, it's over."

ooc: ok the part I signed Holo up for in this adventure is through. I'd like to keep him playing though. Holodrum is going to send out a scout after you guys trying to locate y'all. He can find you, or not. Up to y'all. He would come unarmed, and mearly wishes to find you. Interact alittle if you want, but Holodrum will be quick to follow if the scout finds you.If you want or need, use the scout to get some needed medical supply's or just word to the outside. He'd be more then willing to help, after informing Holodrum of caurse.

[Edited on 29/4/2006 by holodrum]
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2006 12:12
((Sorry, I was away for a while, then wasn't very well. I'll try to write something decent))

Galenfea was kneeling beside Gaeron and Finnar, trying to persuade Gaeron to leave his brother's side and get some sleep.
"You're no use to anyone half alive!" she yelled at him. "You need rest. You already collapsed once."
"I need to be here."
"No, where you need to be is somewhere, anywhere, else. I'd suggest taking this outside, but I'm trying to persude you to rest, not fight. Go and sleep!"
He opened his mouth to reply and she laid a hand over it. "I don't want to hear another argument. Gaeron, please go! I'll keep an eye on him."
He sighed and his shoulders slumped. She hugged him.
"I've not yet had time to thank the Valar for the fact that I've got my stupid, headstrong big brother back!" she muttered into his tangled hair.
He laughed softly and hugged her back. "You need to rest too, Calen. You'll be crying next."
She nodded. He was right about the crying part. The last few weeks were beginning to catch up, but she had no intention of admitting that.
"Go away! I'll sleep later."
He crept away, choosing a place to sleep that was easily within sight of her and Finnar. She smiled, remembering how, only a little while before, she had been carefully choosing a place to rest where she could see him.
Finnar stirred a little and muttered something, but she couldn't catch it. She just did her best to soothe him back to sleep.
When he was settled again, she looked around for Ainu, wanting to ensure that he too was here, and that he was comfortable. She caught sight of him sitting against the cave wall, watching her. Seeing her looking at him, he smiled. She smiled back, trying not to show how worn out she felt. She noticed that the wound on his jaw had not been treated and she admired him, even as she inwardly scolded his foolishness.
Finnar moved suddenly and whimpered, making her break the eye contact as she moved to take his hand and stroke his forehead, whispering softly in the hope that she could pull him out of the nightmare.
"It's all right, Finnar. It's all right," she breathed, not looking up as someone moved to join her.

((tag! ))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 04:44
Ainu could hear the muffled sounds of a scuffle without the cave- or, he thought he could- but, as before, he didn’t interfere. His eyes were on Galenfae as she scolded Gaeron for wearing himself out, and finally convinced him to go sleep. So, he was her brother… and he called her Calen again. He watched the careful way she soothed Finnar, and the concern in her face for both of the elves they’d rescued- or, escaped with- and felt something stirring in his heart at it. Did she ever stop to think of herself?

Suddenly she was looking around, and when she caught him looking at her he smiled tiredly, hoping to reassure her, or offer comfort… and she returned the smile. Ainu could tell she was weary, though she tried to hide it. He couldn’t blame her, of course… he was still in pain, waiting for someone to tend his jaw, but trying very hard not to show it.

Finnar moved suddenly and whimpered, making her break the eye contact as she moved to take his hand and stroke his forehead, whispering softly in the hope that she could pull him out of the nightmare.
"It's all right, Finnar. It's all right," she breathed, not looking up as someone moved to join her.

Ainu recalled well his reaction when he’d first beheld Finnar in the filthy little cell; he’d actually mistaken him for no more than a pile of rags! And, having endured nearly the same horrors decades ago… being taken prisoner, tortured and frightened… his heart truly ached for the ellon. So, with a grunt he got to his feet and moved over, kneeling beside him and looking on his face with a furrowed brow.

“It will take a long time for the nightmares to cease,” he remarked quietly to Galenfae, feeling his heart thump once at the memory of his own nightmares, “And he’ll never truly forget… but he will come out of this.”

With that he bent a little closer to the ailing ellon.
“Finnar,” he said, his voice firm... and that did it. The elf’s bleary eyes opened, and though for a brief moment they were full of terror, they landed on Galenfae and then closed again only a few moments later.

“You should get some rest,” Ainu then commented to Galenfae, resting a comforting hand on her back, and a small grin quirked his lips, “You are the one who went on a mad mission to save us- and we’re in safety now. You can sleep.”

He half-way noticed Thon coming in and taking Menel in his arms, but his attention was on the elleth beside him… he had suddenly noticed how beautiful her eyes were, even when they shone with weariness.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 11:26
Galenfea looked into Ainu's eyes for a moment, then shook her head.
"I can't sleep, not yet, I practically promised Gaeron that I'd sit with Finnar. He needs the rest more than I do."
He looked like he was going to protest but she held up a handnd to silence him, speaking before he could ignore the gesture.
"I appreciate it... truely, I do... but he's my little brother... or as near as I have." She tore her eyes from his face to look at Finnar. "I have to look after him, now that I've found him." She touched his tangled hair, caked with blood and filth. "Poor little scrap," she muttered, "You've had a hard time of it, the last few weeks."
Once again, tears began to rise unbidden in her eyes, brought on by sheer weariness and the release from tension. She blinked them away, shaking her head and only letting a few soft sobs escape. She felt Ainu once again lay a comforting hand on her back and turned to look at him. He'd been a good friend, always there. She liked him very much now, but she could not obey him and go to get some sleep as he had advised her. She could, however, do something to help him, if she wasn't too tired. The healers had worked hard, but she had a little skill, and she reached for her pack, taking out her little sewing kit.
"It's not totally sterile, but I can do something for that wound," she said firmly, threading a needle. "Hold still a minute!"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 01:34
Menel had been having very pleasant dreams for a time, but then thoughts began to stir, and visions of blood spilled on a dusty floor, of a body falling, wide blue eyes staring upwards unseeing.

Menel's own eyes popped open and she seemed almost startled to find herself curled up with Ethoner. She could hear voices elsewhere in the cave, and shifted slightly to raise herself up on her elbow, to see over the broad shoulder of the tall Ranger.

Her heart sprang with relief when she saw Ainu, Glaenfea, Earandil, all the others that had gone into battle with them, and to see the rescued there as well. She sighed and said softly, "We lost no one..."

She looked to the side and saw Bregion sitting against the rock wall, staring off into space. She had a feeling he was responsible for her being where she was, in Thon's comforting embrace, and she smiled.

She lay her head back down, just as the pain increased in her side and she felt a wave of dizziness overtake her. As she stared at the sleeping face of the human she had fallen in love with, she finished her thought. "We lost no one...but I have almost lost myself."

Menel swallowed hard and closed her eyes against the sparkling burn of tears. She was going to have to tell him the truth. And then she was going to have to leave him.
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email