Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Murder in Rohan OCC
on: March 11, 2005 07:57
This takes place after the War of the Ring. Eomer is now king of Rohan. When Sauron was destroyed, many of his orcs survived and now rove over lands of men, causing havoc where they may. Rynwyn’s dearest friend has been killed while scouting- but not by orcs, it seems. She has come to the ‘crime scene’ before any others and suspects a traitor among the men of Rohan. She wishes to find him and have revenge, but she has no skills in tracking and needs help following the trail. *hint hint* ; Oh ja- please only join if you're willing to write fairly lengthy posts!

Have any ideas for the plot? Suggestions? Questions? Post them here!
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan OCC
on: March 11, 2005 12:48
Just posting to explain about the actions of Glorfindal. If you read his lengthy character bio you will see he was betrayed at an early age, when his own kin slew his mother at the mouths of the Sirion. As a result he hates treachery and dispisses it when other elves are involved. Be warned I will be playing this aspect to it's fullest extent.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 02:30
that makes things more interesting! ^_^ characters with interesting histories are more fun to rp with anyway....
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 03:41
Hi...I just goined this looks really interesting. Uh, so the plot. It could be the good old, he new too much thing, maybe there's more than one traitor in the village. Perhaps they are planning an uprising but he heard the conversation, maybe they told him that if he told anyone they would kill him, but even though he didn't they killed him anyways.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:14
welcome! That sounds like an idea to me... I hadn't really thought about why there was a traitor on the group. I guess it could be like you said-- Reothed knew too much about plans of the bad guys and so, got killed. poor guy!
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 03:58
I just joined this thread and I hope that I can contribute to it moving forward. I put maybe too much ooc info in the post to kind of introduce my self. I am used to RPG just not online. I hope I can make the adjustment.
I hope the two names for one charecter are not too confusing to every one if it is I will be happy to try and explain it in a different fashion so it makes sence.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 05:41
Lo! Hope you didn't mind Brenna and I crashing your party. I just thought to myself: "Rohirric traitor... BRENNA! What have you done now?" LOL!

Opps, looks like I crushed your plans for the traitor... Sorry, I can cut loose if you guys want to stick to the origanal plan. Or we could keep it as the same, but the people involved were to cowardly to kill one of their own so they hired Brenna.

Oh, BTW, Brenna also has multiple names. This time I'm going to have her using Leoma when around people; a younger girl with an embaressing past that she's trying to run away from. She's going to head over to the nearest village and hide herself there while she buys/steals a new horse, at least.

Translations of the names I used so far:
Brenna = Little Raven (OE/Gaelic, I can't acctually remember which!)
Alvyn = Elf joy (OE)
Leoma = Light (OE translation of Eleanor)

[Edited on 12/3/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 08:23
I like your idea! ^_^ How bout this: Reothed DID know too much and so the girl was hired by the evil MAN from rohan to make sure reo was killed during the orc attack.... since he was such a skilled warrior and all, the orcs couldn't kill him

welcome to MiR (hee funny abbreviation) tawar-meldis and purplefluffychainsaw... glad to have ya aboard! ^+^
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 09:17
Nah stick with us! I like the whole assasin's feeling guilty thing. Ya, so...cool, can't wait! I don't really get the sudden amount of elves in Rohan but it's fine, I like the characters. BTW in the db, it says Fae is 22 I'm playing her when she was younger, 17 or 18.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 06:45
now I feel like I must make Reothed a character for later use... before he died, of course. 0-o poor, poor guy.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 12:47
**Jumps aboard, dragging luggage and begins to settle in.** Okies, we'll stay... ^^

_mook_, I know what you mean, love! Yet another reason for me to drag Brenna into this rather then, say, Nenndil, and the reason why I wanted to make her the assassin rather then just another girl who stumbled across there at that particular time!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 05:25
I like Brenna. she's a cool character...
I think I'm gonna stop taking new members. 0-o I always get confused with so many... and I think we have a good group right now. *wonders in suspense what's going to happen*
hmmmm....
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 06:55
Here's a good idea. If Brenna is still nearby to the group, she could herself be attacked by Orcs (or some other evil beings), and the group come to her aid. Once she is within the group Brenna could discover who she has fallen in with, and since the friends of the man she killed have now saved her she now has a moral dilemma of what to do. Of course the party have absoutley no idea who she is, and completley trust her. I think that it has a nice twist of irony to it!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 09:49
aah... the evil ironic twists.. *rubs hands together* heh. that sounds rockin, if everyone else agrees ^_^
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 06:27
Wow good one, that would make an excellent twist, so how's it sound chainsaw?
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 02:26
I've already had Glorfindel pick up the trail. I mean lets face it chainsaw, you didn't exactly move steathily. But I've held back and returned to camp to inform the others. Everyone ok with that ok?
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 06:44
All of this sound great to me! Don't worry about that, LoremasterMiar, I killed off Alvyn for a reason... As much as I like Brenna there's only so much one can do on her lonesome. ^^
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 11:51
Glad to hear! I look foward to hunting you down! lol
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 12:45
huzzah! this is really heating up...
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:57
... I just have to say this...

Brenna has a little following!

*CricketCricket* All right, all right... **Retreats back to her hole**

EDIT: Sorry I haven't been posting: I'm letting Brenna catch up on some sleep while you guys decide what to do. I'll probably wake her next time.

[Edited on 15/3/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 04:34
Just a couple af questions. if you dont mind...

For one is Breena cloak that she has wrapped around shesalf a lorien cloak of just a reguluar one... it would be harder for us to see from a distance if it was lorien... that is the reason for the question... ??

Plus is there going to be others ( evil others and maybe even a good one or two extra at about the same time as we find her ) if not it wil be very hard for any mistake to be made as to her identity as the killer which would probale shorten her life exeptance unless seh stels a horse and runs away.
just trying to stay in line with others and not good off too far ahead or behind.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 06:46
Brenna would ne'er use anything from the elves... No offence, my dears, but that's how she is. It's a normal cloak.

I'm going to take her down to a village - it'll be easy enough for her to loose herself amongst them, especially if she does something unexpected, which, knowing Brenna, she will do.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 10:32
No taken. By the way I've laid my trap, and if all goes well then the group should be splitting up.

Dreamdancer, if there are going to be any interloper perhaps they'd better be put in sooner rather than later. But whatever happens I'm looking forward to it!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 01:37
interloper? 0-o I'm fine just letting it run the way its running. 'tis very intruiging....
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 01:45
So how is Brenna getting away? I'm so confused...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 03:15
this one is moving fast 0-o
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 07:46
Tell me about it!
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 09:39
Ok, I added some bad guys, I hope that's ok, Brenna needs a break, oh and anyone feel free to play the bad guys, Ismale and Hanmel.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 02:24
I love the bad guys! They make things more fun,
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 08:52
any suggetions as to where the plot could go from where its at? I'm enjoying this... *wonders about Glorifindle*
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 07:50
Oooh! Not that I've been spending great amounts of time thinking about RPing or anything... But, I had a vaugly good idea about where this could be going. Now I just need to transfer it into sensible language that makes sense.

Right, well, we know that Reothed found out about something that he wasn't meant to know about. Maybe this was an uprising - influenced by the wildmen who are still out for the Rohirric lands. These wildmen have allied themselves with orcs and anything else that's come to close, and are using the villagers (sorry, but in my head I've named Reothed's village Chatam: is it all right to leave it as that?) to help them. I'm not sure how. But the villagers don't know about this, they've been told that they'll get something out of it. And then Reothed found out about their plans, and they had to hire Brenna to kill him, which gets us up to where we are at the moment. And at the moment we need something to distract your characters from killing Brenna, because she's being a bit of an idiot at the moment, and I don't particually want to have her killed off. So - and this is where I was leading to, believe it or not - what if the wildmen and their allies pick this, rather inconvienient, moment to start their attack? And, just as a coincidence they could hit the village we're in (did I name it Otham? I can't remember.). That would cause a slight distraction. There'd be some fighting, which would give Brenna a chance to prove that she's not all bad, and then we could have a race with the Wildmen to Edoras to warn King Eomer. That would be interesting after what Glorfindel did to the horses...

Anyway, that's just a suggestion (a very long sugestion); don't feel that you have follow it or anything.

EDIT: Happy easter all! And happy New Year/ Ring day from last Friday... :love:

[Edited on 27/3/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 08:17
that sounds rockin.. better than anything I could have come up with ^_^ I'm all for it! *peeks at everyone else* yall agree?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 01:34
bumping this up... the way the thread is going, our goodies are about to come close to getting Brenna. going on purple's suggestion, I think they're about to put their plan into action when the vllage is attacked by wild men/orcs. (since there seem to be a lot of them around anyway) Brenna can end up helping in the battle, as suggested, and if everyone else is in aggreement we can pick up with the race to Edoras thing. but waiting for input on all of this before making any final decisions. ^_~ share thoughts!
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 01:51
It seams to me that if she does some good deeds then there is some change of her surviviing, but somehow I personally think. At least from the veiw point of the character i'm playing anyhow that she will need to come clean about who it was that hired her and help unravel that plot if she truly wants to live.
Just my feeling on the matter. After all if we just up and get her banished or killed that would be the end of the whole story line...It would be more interesting to let her squirm may threathen to take her before king eomer...
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 08:34
I don't mind too much about having Brenna pressed for imformation (though to be trueful it won't take over-much to get her to tell your characters anything: she all ready feels slightly betrayed by the fact that orcs were involved), and Brenna thinks that anything that puts her in the spotlight for a while is good... *Coughshowoffcough*

The thing with Brenna is that although she can obviously distinguish good from bad she doesn't particually care to pick one over the other, and so she often switches between one and the other at a moments notice. She wouldn't worry about suddenly changing to help your characters instead of those who hired her, especially since she has done what she was paid to do, and they brought in the orcs.

(BTW: I'm going to post as often as I can in the next week, but I'm at my grandparents, so I don't want to have to hog the internet for too long. I'll try and keep as active as possible, but I don't like feeling guilty!)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email