Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
two_cute
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Commentaries
on: March 17, 2003 03:42
I've been trying to figure out which one it is, Teg or Tig. With Dom's accent, it was hard to tell. But then, does it really matter?

It's Tig
two_cute
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 04:04
I loved that part when they where talking about the scene in the Prancing Pony where they looked asif they where stabbed by those Night-riders (or something). It was something like:

Dom: Their probably saying to each other "Oh the Hobbits are just pillows, they're just pillows!" ... who would of thought it!

Billy: "They become feathers, when you stab them"

Dom: "How can he carry a ring when he's just made of feathers?"

that part totally cracked me up, also i loved the impression that Dom done of Christoper Lee - "Can't get up these god-damn stairs, Peter!" it's just watching Christopher Lee saying that on the DVD then hearing Dom say it, it's just really funny

Also, i thought what they said about Katie and Billy Jackson (cute hobbit children) was real sweet... i liked it when Dom was like "Gorgeous kids, so gorgeous" I was like "Awww!" lol
Cressida
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 11:03
I loved watching the cast comentaries!

And I LOVED when Sean Astin and the Hobbits started talking about how jealous they are of Orlando Bloom.

Yea "A source of great annoyance to me" (Sean Astin)

I thought it was cute that Orlando also praised Sean Astin for doing such a great job as Sam! I wonder when everybody got hear the others' comments--maybe not until the DVD came out.

I also loved how the cast seemed to be just as big fans of the movies as we are!

I've now listened to all the directors' commentary and half the cast commentary. Next I want to hear from the designers--I'll bet they have fascinating things to say.

[Edited on 19/3/2003 by Cressida]
Alagdalwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 02:03
The Cast Audio Commentary is hilarious. I love it. Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Sean Astin, and Elijah Wood were together when they did the commentary and they just made it so funny. The things that they talk about, like "Tig," are just so great to listen to. And I loved the way they talked about other cast members.
I could listen to the commentary over and over again because it makes me laugh so hard.
And I loved it when Orlando was talking about the little kids that Bilbo was telling the story to. Like how he was saying that he loved the way that the little girl was really getting into it. It's so cute. And when he is talking about the old hobbit that laughs at Gandalf's fireworks then his wife glares at him and his face turns back to an angered look at Gandalf. I love it.
Great, all of it's just great! I think I just might have to go and watch it now, again.
Aine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 04:03
Hi,

I have the extended DVD, but I've not seen all the commentaries yet. Just too busy.
So I have this question: Does anyone know if there's a piece about Legolas' eyes in it? About the color that keeps changing?
If so I'd very much like to know where (someone told it's said in the cast commentaries, is that true?).

Anyway I could also use some help with my 'eye- theory', so if you're interested, please click at the link below (and visit the last page of this forum).

Thanks

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=2931
lil_pip
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 07:53

Hhahhha.... I tried to watch other movie commentaries, but they are just so boring after listening to Dom, billy, lij, sam et al. Love the tig game...(*just bloody brilliant!!*)

The hobbits made the se dvd so great!! Like the part in the appendix (i dont remember.... it might be a day as a hobbit, or making of the fotr... something like that) where billy and orli were describing their meeting...
lil_pip
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 09:53
Hehe... i found it.... billy and orli are so cute hahha..... i wish i could celebrate my birthday twice, with orlando bloom too! hahahha

Billy - when i was getting ready to get out. They said, when you get to heathrow (sp?), you'll be traveling with someone called Orlando Bloom
Orli - I just left my family behind, and my friends and my life, and i was like ... a little teary-eyed the thought of leaving everything behind, my dog and everything
Billy - i see this guy...you know, i thought he looks elf-life
Orli - this wee guy walked over and i said...
Billy - 'you wouldnt be orlando bloom, would you?' He said 'BILLY!'
Orli - I was like 'omg, youre a hobbit' and we had a huge embrace
Billy - It was my birthday as well, i turned 30 that day. so we had champaign on the flight, so when we got to LA, because of the time difference, it was my birthday again. we had more champaign because it was the 28th again

Hehehe... 'it was my burth-day' love his thick accent

much love
lil pip :love:
Vénëa
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 12:54
Hi!

I also think the cast commentaries are great!

I also must say that Dom does really great impressions! ... and I LOVED his John Rhy-Davies impression (Indy! We are digging in the wrong place! Asps! Very dangerous - you go first!) ROTFL!

As I am not an English native speaker BUT a language freak, it drives me mad that I don't understand every word! So, could anyone out there please, please tell me what exactly John Rhys-Davies' supposed answer to the Indy-joke is???

Someone also mentioned that Elijah (and others?) used lots of words more common in British than American English. I'm interested in that sort of thing! So if anyone would like to tell me which expressions sound really British... well, that'd make me happy! :love:
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2003 06:30
The commentaries were fantastic! The actors commentary was hilarious - me and my friends have transcripted half of it! And we have talken to playing a lot of tig recently, especially when sitting outside the movie theatre in the early hours of boxing day morning! The design team commentary was really interesting, as was the production/post production team commentary. Just a warning if you haven't yet watched the Director's commentary and are planning to, it contains spoilers to ROTK. If they start talking about ROTK - turn down the volume unless you want to be spoiled! Most of it is just story spoilers, but there are some movie spoilers in there too to be wary of.

By the way: www.dominicmonaghanscrazygames.com is an actual site...But unfortunately not related to LOTR..Someone else trying to promote their movie by using that link. Oh well...play cup anyway! It's great!
Valandil_Calafalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2003 03:49
I've only listened to the directors and cast commentry. I haven't listened to the others yet. The directors commentry is very serious and very informative, whereas the cast commentry is just plain funny to listen to. Especially when they keep on saying how amazing and great Orlando Bloom is.
~Ascarantwen_the_Elf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2003 10:33
I've only listened to the directors and cast commentry.

Wow. I haven't listened to the directors commentary cause well.....no matter how informative it might be, I always find them a bit boring after a while. Note: the cast commentary of 'Jacka**' is just plain stupid o.O.
Silmarwen22
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2003 02:51
The cast commentary was great (I think I've only watched it once or twice), but I REALLY loved Peter, Phillipa and Fran's as well. They did a great job, and I got a lot of insight into the making of the movie, which I thought was fantastic (to quote Elijah ). I learned lots of cool facts-so never fear-it's not too dry or boring!
NessaStar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2003 03:28
*laughs* First off, the actors version of their commentary is a must see ( or must-listen?). If you listen to it extensively, it's some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard. I started laughing so hard...
Some of it was sad though. Like when they were running out of Moria, Orlando was saying that he was talking to Peter Jackson and he wanted to get across the fact that Legolas had just witnessed his first death, and that it was hard for him to understand. The face he made was SO SAD! It had me in tears. But in the commentary, I learned the rules for the game "Tig" that Billy and Dom made up. And Orlando's lembas commercial...I could go on and on... I love how they're always talking about how goodlooking and talented Orlando is. Well, can you blame them? lol
~Nessa~

Lórellin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2003 03:29
I have only listened to the cast commentary so far.. which was hilarious..loved it. Kind of saving others for now.
Diva
Viggo Vixen, Supplanter of Arwen & Anti-Hugging Harpy
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 07:08
The cast commentary is my fav...but I wish Viggo was in there
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 09:18
I was reading just recently that Dom said only Billy and he would be doing the TTT commentary. Too bad, I loved listening to the whole group on FOTR. But it will probably be hysterical anyway.
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2003 06:19
I've only listened to the cast and directors commentry, and I love them both! The cast is really funnyand the directors is really informtive!

~Becki
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2003 02:11
I don't have the DVD (just extended VHS) but I wathced commentaries with my friend Beth at her house and I just LOVED them! We actually started playing Tig in English the next day, and ppl were lookin at us funny, but other ppl were laughing and going, "Oh, Tig! I love that game!" LoL
But I really hated that Elijia kept using all this British lingo when he sounds so figgin American.... it was really annoying, especially when he said "lovely"
Daughter~of~Elrond
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2003 04:33
I LOOOOVED the commentaries!!! I've only listened to the Directors and the Cast though. But the Cast is my favorite. I know everyone's saying this, but I love the "Tig" thing.

A couple weeks ago, I had a friend over and we we're really bored, so I was like, "Hey, have you ever heard of Tig??" And of course she hadn't so my little brother and I taught her how to play, making it up as we went along. We did the exact same thing to her that the hobbits all did to Elijah; we each picked an animal and told her if she wanted to Tig, Tag, or Tog anyone she had to make that animal noise first (my brother picked baracuda, BTW...LOL). And she could never get the order right just like in the commentaries, so we were telling her all the time, "If you want to Tog me, I hafta be tagged first!!!!" It was soooo funny, and she still hasn't found out.

I also love the lembas commercial; I just play that over and over and over.....I think I'll go listen to it now.....:love:
runaround
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2003 03:51
I loved the feathers part, and most of the other hobbit stuff.

The only thing I didn't like is when either of the wizards started talking, because they went on and on and on....
WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 12:57
See, over in England, we used to play Tig (or Tag) all the time as kids. So I got that bit straight away.
It just cracked me up, all the different accents. Because Sean Bean is from Yorkshire, and it is very rare you hear that kind of accent on TV/film, but I come from Yorkshire, so it's kind of cool to hear it.

@-'-,---------
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 05:24
Yes! I loved the cast comentaries and the director/writers comentary too because they know most of what was going on. I love Dom and Billy!:love:
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 04:21
Ahhhh....tig and tog. The main reason why we all watch the commentaries so we can learn how to play!!

*lol* Yep, I love the commentaries!! I just recently listened to the ROTK EE cast commentary, and it was hilarious. I was laughing for a good half hour at Billy and Dom's...."distant" humor.
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 09:59
I think the cast commentary is the most fun. I never watch commentaries more than once, but I do that with the cast one for another reason also: I really love how polite everyone is to everyone else. You can tell they really respect each other, and that makes me feel great.
luv_aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 09:11
I love the commentaries...they're def. the best part of the extra stuff on the EEs...I just wish Viggo were on the commentaries.....sigh...
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 02:17
I really love how polite everyone is to everyone else. You can tell they really respect each other, and that makes me feel great.

I love it, too. Makes me feel good. Elijah is so nice to everybody....
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 04:29
for me i kinda watched the EEs in the wrong order (ttt, fotr, rotk). One day i had just accidentaly pushed the wrong button on the remote and i started to hear all the actors' voices. I really enjoyed the ttt one, so i later bought the fotr and rotk EEs.
Only problems, a) no viggo... would've been nice to hear what he had to say. b) i was watching at night, so everytime i laughed - every few minutes - i'd wake someone up.
totally worth it though.
I loved being able to listen to all the accents and nuances in everyone's speech patterns. Personally, i wasn't bothered by Elijah say "lovely" or "brilliant". He was around people who said it and picked up on it. I find it funny.
My Billy and Dom were the best! (i only say my out of affection - i'm really not trying to steal them from the number of other swooning girls) They are so funny as a duo that it's hard to imagine anyone else being in their place. And the way that their duo interacts with the relationship between Elijah and Sean is so fun.
Alright, i'll admit it - i'm a hobbit-fancier..................Tig!

[Edited on 15/3/2005 by Bealocwealm]

[Edited on 18/3/2005 by Bealocwealm]
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 04:48
FOTR commentary was great! I liked it when I went to the second disc and all the sudden I heard someone making a trumpet sound lol! I also love all the little funny stories.

TTT I had a hard time sitting through, I may watch that one again because when i was watching it people were running around and distracting me.

ROTK was great as well! I love how Andy Serkis did the voices. lol "Gollum was over acting that day yes..." "Shut up!" lol!! Anyway all in all I really liked the commentaries!
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 06:21

ROTK was great as well! I love how Andy Serkis did the voices. lol "Gollum was over acting that day yes..." "Shut up!" lol!! Anyway all in all I really liked the commentaries!

*lol* Haha! I love that part. My sister comes in to watch the ROTK commentary just to hear him say that.
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 09:33
I like the commentaries,but Dom and Billy talk way too much!!! Also Ian McKellen has such an annoying voice,every other word is 'ummm' or 'and and and'...he's so stupid and annoying....Viggo really should be on them, that's weird how he doesn't come! I wonder if everyone sits in the same room, b/c sometimes it seems like somebody didn't just hear what the other person said and stuff...lol
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 09:47
*lol* Yeah, Billy and Dom kinda...."overtalk". *lol* But it's funny. I can always use a good laugh.

Hey, Mr. McKellen isn't annoying/stupid!! He's just...different. I like his talk: he's very "narrative".

I think Viggo is just....tired. Ever hear him greet you on www.lordoftherings.net? He sounds like he's gonna doze off or something. *lol*

Yeah, I think some of them might be in one room and the rest of the "crew" in another. It always seems like Mr. Bloom is in a separate room by himself, 'cause no one hardly ever answers him.
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 06:36
Yeah, I think some of them might be in one room and the rest of the "crew" in another. It always seems like Mr. Bloom is in a separate room by himself, 'cause no one hardly ever answers him.

I get really confused by this... they sound as though they're in various groups in different rooms, but then they'll say something to someone from another group... i dunno.
i love that Billy and Dom get so much air-time - it makes up for seeing them less in the movies. (plus i just love to listen to them)
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 03:57
From what I can gather (from memory) in FotR, Sean, Dom, Billy, & Elijah are in one room while the others are probably watching it seperately. In TTT & RotK, Sean, Andy, & Elijah are together while Billy and Dom are together in a seperate room. At least that's what I can guess... not all the cast members are watching it at the same time since they are all probably busy with other endeavors and couldn't schedule a time for them to be together all at once. The hobbits maybe an exception since they were all so close.

And Viggo... well I never got the impression that he was the "Hollywood" type and didn't like to be bothered too much outside the acting job itself. As much as I love him, I think he didn't want to be bothered to do the commentaries...
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 05:25

And Viggo... well I never got the impression that he was the "Hollywood" type and didn't like to be bothered too much outside the acting job itself. As much as I love him, I think he didn't want to be bothered to do the commentaries...

Hmm. Yeah, you're right. That's probably what it is. Although, I can understand that. I wouldn't want to bothered with autographs, photos, commentaries, and the like. Actually, wait...I take that back. I LOVE doing commentaries!!! *lol*
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 05:32
From what I can gather (from memory) in FotR, Sean, Dom, Billy, & Elijah are in one room while the others are probably watching it seperately. In TTT & RotK, Sean, Andy, & Elijah are together while Billy and Dom are together in a seperate room. At least that's what I can guess... not all the cast members are watching it at the same time since they are all probably busy with other endeavors and couldn't schedule a time for them to be together all at once. The hobbits maybe an exception since they were all so close.

This is exactly why i find it so confusing. I'll use RotK as an example. Seemingly, Sean & Elijah were in one room, Dom & Billy in another, Andy was in his own as were any others.
At times though, D&B would pose a question to Elijah, and Elijah would answer. Or one person would mention something and the others respond to or elaborate on it.
Perhaps someone would relay the messages at times... i dont know
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email