Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Commentaries
on: March 18, 2005 07:07
Well maybe all the hobbits were together in the same room for all three movies. Perhaps they weren't very active during the other actors scenes though. Remember at the end of RotK all the hobbits were again in the same room.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 09:41
Remember at the end of RotK all the hobbits were again in the same room.

Well, they kinda "had" to be, didn't they? It just wouldn't be a commentary without them commentating at the very end of the movie. Billy even gives a little "speech" about how it's "the end of all things" near the beginning of the credits in ROTK.

But I dunno. It's all very confusing. :dizzy:
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 11:37
But that fact implies that they were in a room together all along, unless they took breaks throughout the movie to change groups...
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 04:30
Welp, I really don't know. They've got me busted.
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 07:26

I'm forced to agree. i guess it's just one of life's mysteries that someone else'll have to solve for us .

if someone else does happen to stumble across the answer though, i'd be glad to hear it .
Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 11:55
I think all the hobbits were together, but everyone else was on their own, which is really too bad, because then they couldn've told Orlando Bloom to shut up. I may be angering a lot of Bloomites here, but he just goes on and on and on about how he worked so hard on this one shot, or how he was trying to get this feeling across, or how he loves some actor. *rant end* Sorry about that folks, but it's been in my system for a looooooooong time.
Other than that I love the commentaries! Andy Serkis is particularly brilliant, especially in the end of RotK......"Finally got to stand up after nasssty Peter Jackson made us crawl around for four years, gollum!"
Phantasmagoria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 02:29
I loved the hobbits the most, too. And I think Ian was very interesting... yes. Too bad Viggo wasn't on there... =/
I was so surprised when David made that comment about how to ride the barrel horse... I was like omg! hahaha. I wish he got to talk more... I think it was either the TTT or RotK where Sam and Elijah were talking about subway sandwiches during Faramir's part and i was lke OMG SHUT UP Let Daisy talk *sigh*
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 04:51

I'm forced to agree. i guess it's just one of life's mysteries that someone else'll have to solve for us .

if someone else does happen to stumble across the answer though, i'd be glad to hear it .

*lol* Yeah, one of these days...

Alya: Actually, Orlando hardly talked at all during the films. He was pretty quiet 80% of the time. But yeah; when he did talk....it was...pretty "weird". *lol* Sometimes...
bwcogburn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 11:28
I love the commentaries except for one thing. They will start to talk about something and then just drop the subject to talk about something else and then you are driving yourself crazy trying to figure it out.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 04:18
I loved the cast commentaries:love: , only Sean Astin seems to go on and on a bit, my sister and I cracked up laughing when in one of his long talking parts Elijah cut him off saying 'well said.' Also having read the books when one of the actors says something about the story that is contrary to the books than that annoys me a bit but this didn't happen much. (for example someone said on the FOTR commentary that Sauron made the orcs, when it was Morgoth not Sauron). Other than that I loved them, the hobbits were really good but I think it would have been good if Viggo had been there as well.
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 10:04
I just finished wading through the cast commentaries today - I loved them, they were informative yet really entertaining as well. I agree with elvishmusician that some of the things they said did annoy me, there were a few times when they said things that you'd really expect them to know, but other than that it was really good. It would have been nice to have Viggo as well, but at the same time I do find his voice quite difficult to understand at times! I really loved the random stories that got dropped into conversation.

Did anyone manage to figure out how it was actually done? Sometimes it seemed like they were split into very segregated groups, whereas at other times they seemed to be talking to people who up to that point I'd assumed were somewhere else!

Also does anyone have any recommendations as to which commentary I should watch next? I was thinking about the director one, as it seems kind of logical...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email