Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Forest of Elderberries
on: May 08, 2005 01:39
"Wherever the wind takes you." She muttered. It was an answer she could have given, though she might have put it different into words. The mare glanced at the sky, thinking about a reply.

"Homeless," Did she whisper, not especially to him as well to herself. Suddenly she noticed a slightly difference in Bree's behaviour, but she couldn't place it. The stallion's company had made her a bit more at ease in this strange forest, and she wasn't that much on her guard anymore. "What is it?" Anxiously did she look around.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 03:14
"I think there is a dangerous predator close by..." Bree answered as he looked around. He then looked back to Ninquelë. "We should be careful," he said, as he stepped forward. "Although I think we should go and see what it is."
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 01:19
Lossen stared intently at the water, waiting for a flicker of fins. He saw a silver flash and swiped in the water, claws out. The water was not deep,but the angle of the sunlight was misleading, and he missed. The fish, now confused, spun around in circles, not sure which way was away from the predator. When the water calmed again, Lossen waited for the right moment. Just as the fish stopped swimming for a split second, Lossen swiped again, and this time his claws met fish flesh. He fished the animal out of the water, and ripped it in half, giving Lila the bigger.

Have you been around here long? Most kittens I know wouldn't dream of catching their own fish. They let their owners do it for them.

Lossen thought for a second, and answered, "Not more than a week or so, I guess. I don't have any owner. A little girl took care of me when my own family died, but she was killed."

He fell silent, reminiscing of beautiful sunshine, running through endless fields of wildflowers, and the now distant laughter of a young child. His mother and father and siblings had been killed in a forest fire that Lossen could hardly remember, but he alone had been spared. Now that his only owner had been killed by orcs, he was on his own.

He decided not to voice his thoughts to the other cat. She seemed nice enough to trust, but he had never had a true friend cat before, and he wasn't taking any chances. If she asked about his past, he would tell her, but otherwise he kept quiet.

Lossen sank his teeth into the fish, ripping off the skin. The meat was juicy and sweet, and he licked the bones dry in seconds. Having finally satisfied his hunger, the small kitten lay on the sunbeaten rock and patiently waited for Lila to finish her snack.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 03:18
Lila's eyes grew wide when she saw the delicious fish that Lossen had caught. She munched happily on it and listened to him tell his short story.

How sad she thought, but she did not speak. Her own life had been a happy one and she travled by choice, not necessity.

She took her time eating the fish, licking the bones dry and then washing her own paws all in a deep silence. She glanced every now and then at the kitten who had laid out on a rock nearby. Finally, she felt the need to speak.

"It is far too quiet around here," she said, her eyes glancing around in both wonder and fear. "I'm used to town's with lots of activity and people. There's a most tense atmosphere in this forest, like something's just waiting to happen, don't you think?"

Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 08:16
(hey guys, sorry for not posting sooner; my computer is seriously broken and until it's repaired, I won't be able to post. I'll catch up; I still want to be in this thread! Hopefully I'll be back on in a week or so)
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 05:23
It wasn't in her nature to look up the danger, but when Bree stepped forward she followed him. 'Just be careful.' She whispered, and slowly did they step along. Ninquelë made sure she'd stay a bit behind, not very pleased with the situation and hoping that the stallion knew what he was doing.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 09:33
Bree looked back to the mare. "Don't worry, I know what I am doing. You are quite safe with me." He said, sensing her uneasiness. Once he had reassured her, he continued forward until he suddenly stopped at the edge of the clearing. There, he could see a very large wolf talking to a fox. It looked irritated, and Bree took a step backwards weary of the harm a wolf could bring to them. If there was one, then the likelihood was that there could be a whole pack near by.

"We must keep away from it, until we know it will not harm us." He explained.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 04:47
Kahn cautiously approached and nosed Tokala's injuries. She wasn't too badly injured, mostly shaken. The older fox sat back on his haunches and watched her clean the wounds, but kept a cautious watch on the wolf from the corner of his eye.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 11:34
((Sorry guys. I sure do neglect this thing alot. I'll try and be a little nicer to that wolf, Aerhiril. )

"I thank thee for sparing my life, but I do wish you would find some other bone to pick then ours", Tokala spoke softly to the protruding wolf. By "ours", she meant "the hearts of the forest", or, "the wildlife".....but she guessed that the young wolf already knew what she meant by that.

For some reason, unbeknownst to the little fox, something troubled her.....though it wasn't the wolf. True, she couldn't look into his eyes for more than a few seconds before turning her head, but there were other reasons to fear this predator. If one foe had come, it surely meant that others would follow from behind. The last thing she wanted was to view many more wolves like this one marching into Elderberry's forest.

She turned to look at Kahn, giving him a small of nod of which was of no meaning to him. Then she stood up on her weak legs, and bowed soflty to the wolf.
"I beg of your forgiveness sir, and ask for you to remain here....as long as you return kindness to me and my kin. This forest is wild, but the sun seems to shine upon you. See? It was indeed foretold, in the days of Elderberry, that one unwelcome stranger would be honored amongst us. I believe....you are the one."

And indeed, it was now twilight, but a thin ray of sun shone every brightly through the yellow-lit treetops, and down upon the wolf.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 04:15
The wolf frowned in surprise. Of all the things he had expected to hear, this was not one of them. An invitation to stay in one place was a kind one to him, and it almost felt as if he was being asked to join a pack... Almost. Because of course, there were no wolves around. But was not a fox similar to a wolf?

But it was the second part that had troubled him most. If the Vixen was not making it up to sweeten his decision, then what was this prophecy that she was on about? He began to think that he had been mistaken for someone, or something else. He had noticed the odd presence of sunlight, but shook it off as nothing more than the lingering presence of dawn.

"Vixen," he addressed her by, not knowing her name. "Your words are kind, and your offer even kinder. I have been here before but only on passing in the deep hours of the night. I do not stay in one place for long, for as you can see I am a wolf, and wolves roam the lands free." He then stopped. If he had had the intention of turning down the offer and taking his meal instead, it no longer seemed to him to be the best idea. Perhaps he could stay? Even if it were only for a while.

"I do not know of the 'one' you speak of, but I know that I am unwelcome. But what could I give you and this forest? And what would I eat if you asked me not to hunt here, and not to eat your friends? I cannot live on Elderberries, I need meat." He paused a moment. "Besides, I have no need to stay in this forest" he snapped. Not intentionally, but it was just his nature to be harsh. He needed convincing, but he was seriously considering the idea.
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 03:33
Ninquelë smiled and walked side by side with Bree. The sight of the wolf did kind of surprise her. She had expected to see the warg she had seen earlier that day, but a wolf didn't make the situation any better. One wolf was bad, but a pack would be fatal.

"Yes" The mare answered.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 06:45
“Good” he answered.

“Well, if there is another pack close by, you need not worry.” Bree said. “They’d have to go through me before they could get to you,” he said proudly. “I don’t suppose that I ever mentioned I am a war horse?” As he boasted he arched his neck to make him self look, and feel, grander and more important than he actually was.

“Any way, how long do you plan on staying in this forest? I have always wanted to travel, and would be delighted if you should want to come with me.” Bree began to walk away from the clearing with the wolf in it, without thinking that the fox may need some help with the dangerous animal. He was too busy trying to impress, which was something he could not help but do for he was a stallion, so he was occupied with other things.

“But what would you like to do, Ninquelë?”
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 05:10
The mare laughed. "You didn't mention indeed, I'm sure you were a great warrior."

They walked along through the forest while they talked. "I'm not sure how long I'll stay here." She said. "I'm just wandering around a bit. But it would be my pleasure to join you." Ninquelë smiled happily, she was a social animal and was glad with his company. The days had seemed so long alone, and the nights had been endless.

She looked at the sky, which was turning darker every minute. Some stars were already visible, vaguely shining in the distance. She turned her noble head to him and said: "I think we should find ourselves a place to sleep before we head on."
Evil_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 08:24
Haeisil took a deep breath and stood up as tall as he could. Proudly (Only in appearance) he walked over to the wolf and tapped him on the back (more like the back leg) "Good day mister big, huge wolf person. But I find that I must ask you to leave my dear friend.... Ahh... fox here alone. Otherwise you'll have to suffer the consiquensis!"
The squirrel gulped as the wolf starred at him, "I ahh... am a master in the art of.... ahhh... umm.... art of 'nut gathering technics'! Beware my evil wrath!!" Haeisil raised his arms in the fashion a bear would do and made a pathetic growling noise, "Gah! Gah!"

lol
[]<------ Haiesil *laughs*
/\~<--- That's his tail
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 09:26
The wolf looked down at the rather puny squirrel that had tapped him on the hind leg. It was funny, but the wolf did not know how to deal with this situation. He had never been challenged by a squirrel before. "Nut gathering techniques?" He laughed mockingly. "Very well, if you challenge me I shall accept it."

He bared his teeth and suddenly growled as loudly as he could. The squirrel looked as if it's little heart was about to stop. the wolf laughed again.

"If I do leave you're little foxy friend alone, then I shall be taking my meal with me and returning here to hunt regulary. However, I am considering staying here and if she can give me a good reason why I should, then I shall never harm her or her pathetic friends again."

((As I said, Wolfy 'ain't very nice...))

-------

((But Bree, however... is much nicer!! Even if he is slightly full of himself...))

Bree tossed his head in agreement. "Yes, I think we should find somewhere to rest." He pranced around until he found a nice spot next to a cherry tree. The roots had been exposed to the elements, and they formed a little shelter which two large animals could easily lay under, or stand near by under the sheltering branches of the tree. Bree however insisted that he keep watch.

"You need rest, fair mare. I shall watch over you until I am sure all is well. Once it is I shall sleep too. But until then I am looking out for wolves." He arched his neck and stood tall so that he could see all around him. All was quiet, and it did not look as if they would be bothered by anything that night.

"I hope this place suits you, if not we can easily find another." He looked at her kindly to see what she would choose to do or say.

[Edited on 21/5/2005 by Aerhíril]
Taentri
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 09:11
Cos had followed Haesil over to the big wolf. When the tremendous creature growled, the little bunny looked up at the clouds in confusion, poked the squirrel in the side and said, "But-there-no-thunder-clouds!"

Haesil didn't answer. He looked petrified. Cos decided it was his job to tell the wolf off for scaring the squirrel. He hopped forward to about an inch away from the wolf's muzzle and grabbed its nose with both paws.

"No-here-look-wolf-Mister!" he began hotly. "You-is-nots-to-be-scary-ing-little-squirrely-squirrel, or-any-buggies-here. You-understands?"
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 10:10
"I do understand, but I refuse to take orders or even listen to Prey such as yourself!" The wolf snapped as he shook his head violently, forcing the rabbit to let go of his nose. He then quickly lifted his head so it was out of reach from the little rodents.

"Now, if you are quite done threatening me, then I shall be leaving with my meal as I originally intended to do." He growled as he walked back over to the pheasant, and looked back at the others to make sure that they wern't going to try any tricks. The Vixen had not spoken for some time, but right now the wolf was a bit occupied with the squirrel and the rabbit. He bent down to pick up the dead pheasant.
Evil_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 12:46
Haeisil gulped as the wolf walked away, "That was very brave Cos!" He hugged the bunny and stared at the wolf with big eyes.
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 12:18
((sorry it took me so long, the computer ate my post.))

"It is far too quiet around here," she said, her eyes glancing around in both wonder and fear. "I'm used to town's with lots of activity and people. There's a most tense atmosphere in this forest, like something's just waiting to happen, don't you think?"

Lossen sat up and stretched, bringing himself back to reality. "I know what you mean. I suppose to me, who has lived in the forest all my life, the city's bustling activity would seem rowdy and loud and dangerous, just as to you the forest might seem eerie and silent. Myself, I actually rather like the feeling of adventure waiting to happen, the exhilaration of such mystery and suspense of not being sure whether there's something behind you getting ready to pounce. Of course, I grew up here, and I have gotten used to the atmosphere. You will too, in time.”

Lossen was prone to long speeches. He often continued for long periods of time, not even noticing that most of the time his audience got bored and stopped listening after the first few minutes. This was one of those things he was not at all proud of, and was rather embarrassed once again as he looked over at Lila, expecting her to be not listening.

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by gelireth_undomiel]
Taentri
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 12:41
Cos looked at Haeisil in surprise. "I-is-brave?" he asked in a high voice. "No-no-no-no," he squeaked shaking his head. "I-is-wits-out-of-me-scared-by-biggie-big-wolfie!"

The rabbit gave Haeisil a hug back. "But-he-was-scary-scaring-yous, little-squirrely-squirrel. Needed-off-telling-did-he. No-more-big-wolf-scares-any-buggy."
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 28, 2005 08:17
Ninquelë smiled. 'The spot seems fine to me.' She said. 'But lets stay up together, there's no need for you to stay awake all by yourself, although I do appreciate the offer.'

'So, where would you like to go to? Assuming we can find a way out of this forest and we're not eaten by any wolfs tonight.' Did she laugh. 'I personally always loved the fields of Rohan, but considered your situation, that might not be such a good place to head for.' She looked at the stallion standing next to her. 'The hills of the Shire are worth a visit too.'
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 08:09
"The hills of the Shire sounds like a fabulous idea to me," Bree answered. "But if you'd like to go to Rohan, then I am sure we could manage that. All I'd have to do would be to stay away from Edoras and the other settlements. We'd both have to keep out of sight, or they may think that we've escaped from their stables." He added. "I've always wanted to see Lorien too though..." Bree said as he looked around. "Have you ever been there before?"
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 09:00
'Yes, it's beautiful. Elenriel and I went there a couple of times, but I prefer Imladris. Have you ever seen the sun shining through the autumn-coloured leaves? Have you ever seen the grey stones sparkling after a soft shower?' She sighed and smiled happily. 'I can't imagine Valinor being anymore beautiful.' Did she whisper softly. She turned her head away and yawned, the day had been long and tiresome, but she didn't want to fall asleep already.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 01:50
"No, I have seen none of those things, but should very much like to." Bree sighed, as he swished his tail. "Perhaps if you do not mind, we could return to Rivendell's woods and see the grey stones sparkle after rain." Bree noticed she was tired, so he decided to suggest that they get some sleep. "We have a long day tomorrow, and can talk of adventures in the morning." He said.
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 10:06
Ninquelë smiled and bowed her head. "Goodnight Bree." She said. Slowly did she fall asleep. And for the first time in many months did she dream again in soft pastel-colours, the fields turned green again and night was driven away. Sunbeams shone as she chased butterflies like a young foal. A little smile came on her face, as the night passed by.

[Edited on 1/6/2005 by ~Mirilien~Undómiel~]
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 04:48
"Goodnight," Bree replied as he closed his eyes to rest. He did not fall asleep for some time, but when he did it was so deep that he did not wake until the first light of the sun filtered through the trees. Until then he dreamed of Rohan and the meadows he missed.

((Hey where is everyone else? My wolf is stuck in Limbo as no-one's posted in a while. Come back peeps!))
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 01:34
(( OOC: Come on guys, don't stop posting )
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email