Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Long Journey Home (free for all. still need more players.)
on: May 31, 2005 11:49
'I'm sorry mister Frodo, I hope I didn't hurt you?' Sam asked and he smiled at Legolas who just entered.

'Oh, I am fine. May I ask why you are walking here so alone, I suppose every other hobbit in Minas Tirith is still eating.' She grinned. 'I was up very early so I had my breakfast allready.' She picked up her list and looked at it for a moment. then she looked back up at Pippin and smiled.
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 02:47
Isabella stopped dead when she saw Legolas. She stared at him a minute, but she felt frozen all over. Only her brothers voice broke her concentration. "You look at him as if you hadn't seen him in a thousand years."

Nariel didn't even break her gaze as she whispered back to her brother. "It feels like it's been longer then that." Not wnting to make a scene finally she smiled at Legolas and then looked down, playing with her food. "Yes Frodo we met in Rivendell. I must say I'm very very happy to see that you are doing so well." She could see a slight shadow hovering over Frodo, and she quite indeed knew that all wasn't well. But he seemed healthy at least. Now was not a time to question his happiness.
mushroomcrazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 03:20
frodo was worried. sure, he'd had nightmares before; butnone had ever been as real as the one last night. he looked up when he noticed that everyone had stopped talking and were looking at him. "I'm sorry, my mind was wondering. What did you say?" "They were asking about the dream, mr. frodo. I told them that you woke up fighting and they were curious." "oh." frodo told everyone about his dreamand then asked if Legolas, Isabella, or any of the other elves could explain why a dream would feel so real.
Legolas was sitting, looking at his plate and then sneaking glances at Isabella whenever he thought she wasn't looking. He was looking at her profile when she suddenly turned around and met his stare.
AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 05:30
(I'm Playing an elven girl, Eldarwen,)

Eldarwen rode in on her horse. She had had to flee from her home because of her father. He had killed her human mother. She was half elf, half human. Her mother had been beaten by her father and she had fled for shelter. She rode in wearily. Her stomach growled and her eyes drooped. She couldn't hold on much longer. Eldarwen finally gave in and slipped of her horse and slipped into unconciousness.

[Edited on 6/6/2005 by AragornArwenElf]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 12:31
[Thrandir time!(he needs a thread too]

Thrandir was on his way to Minas Tirith, the last place where they had seen his father. He needed information where his father could be. His sister was away to Rivendell, searching for their father, or information, there. He rode on and on for days, until suddenly his eyes caught something. A reigned horse, alone. Thrandir dismounted his horse and walked towards the horse who was walking around without knowing what to do. 'What are you doing here alone? Where is your rider?' Thrandir said while he stroked the horses muzzle. Then he saw something that didnt belong on the ground. Something he first identified as a bunch of clothes was, as he approached it, in fact an elven lady. She was lying unconcious on the ground. Thrandir quickly got his flask of Miruvor out of his pocket and kneeled beside the girl. He took her in his arms and let her drink some Miruvor. Then he carried her to his horse. There was nothing he could do but to bring her to Minas Tirith, for he was no healer. He mounted his horse and kept her safely in front of him. He whisteled for her horse and they continued to the white city.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 05:05
Merry soon decided that he had had quite enough to eat, and he sat back very satisfied in his chair thinking about what the day would bring. Frodo still sat in an uneasy dream, while Sam looked on with worry. Aragorn thought over the hobbit's words, and Merry waited expectantly for his answer.

((Where's Gandalf?))
AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 11:07
Eldarwen awoke riding a horse. Her eyes opened in surprise. She turned her head around and saw a man.
"Who are you? We have never met!"
She eyes him over and pulled her cloak closer around her as she saw the white city approaching.
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 02:53
Isabella was lost deep in thought, and she sighed. She noticed Frodo glancing back and forth between her and Legolas worriedly. She quickly looked over to Legolas and found him looking at her. She was pretty sure she knew what this dream met, but she didn't want to speak on it, no not til she was positive. "Legolas, can I speak to you outisde a moment?" She asked, her voice soft. She watched as he nodded and stood, she too stood and followed him out to a huge balcony, shutting the door behind her. She did not dare look at him, fearing the sigt of him would steal the words from her. "It's time that Frodo and the rest of the hobbits return to the Shire. His dreams are horrible, and so real. I fear things will get worse for him if he does not return." She then, not being able to help herself stole a glance, only to find him watching her.
AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 04:52
Eldarwen looked ahead in awe as she saw the White City approach.
"Who are you? I must know the name of the man who rescued me."
By now Eldarwen had realized that this man was to help her, not harm her.
"I am Thrandir. You fell off your horse, I felt the need to help."
She nodded her head to him.
"Well, thank you. I am in debt to you."
She gave him a dazzeling smile as the passed through the gates into Minas Tirith. They rode along the road to the castle.
"Why are we here Thrandir?"
"I need information on my father. He has disappeared."
"Oh, I'm so sorry..."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 11:52
'Don't be... And why YOU are here is because you need a bed to sleep on, to regain your strength. I'm sure you were too tired too continue and then fell unconcious. I have bought a small place here in Minas Tirith, If you like you can sleep there, so you dont have to rent a room. I have a spare bed so that won't be a problem.'
They stopped in front of some public stables and they dismounted. Thrandir helped Eldarwen off, for she was still a bit weak.
'So, what would your choice be, staying in a pricey room in a dark smelly inn, or in a slightly dusty house for free?'
mushroomcrazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 01:47
frodo got up and asked Aragorn if he could speak to him as soon as was convenient.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 05:31
[]-ooc- omg, guys sorry, i'm stupid and forgot to post that i would be leaving for a few days but i'm back now and will catch up![]

-bic-

Pippin shrugged his small shoulders. What would be a decent answer? Surely not 'io wasn't hungry'. No one would believe that from a hobbit. Would they? Stubborly, he gave yet another shrug. 'I just needed some fresh air. The dining hall was getting rather stuffy if you know my meaning.'

He stretched with a large exhale then slumped his hands abck into the pockets of his trousers. "Suppose I better get back before thy catch on to my disappearance... Would you join me?"

AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 01:36
Eldarwen smiled weakly.
"A free room would be nice."
She stepped down from the horse and stumbled a bit. She regained her composure.
"Are you alright?" asked Thrandir.
"Yes, I'm quite alright."
Eldarwen followed Thrandir to the little room and lay down on the bed. It was so comfortable. She began to drift off to sleep almost immediately.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 02:33
Thrandir smiled and closed the bedroom door behind him and sat down on a comfy chair, thinking of what to ask tho whom, he had been told thathis father was last seen in an inn, so thats probably where he had to go. He sighed and stood up. After leaving a key on the table and locking the door behind him, he went on his way to the Inn.

'Really? You mean to your other hobbit friends? I would love to join you.' Ruby said happily and smiled at Pippin.

Sam looked at Frodo and asked: 'Is it about that dream mister Frodo? I must tell you something... I have this strange feeling, and I've had it since I saw my Gaffers burnt house in a short dream, and I'm afraid Mister Frodo...But I thought I was too concerned... as usual...' Sam smiled weakly and looked at Frodo, waiting for what he would say.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 01:44
"Yes," he laughed grimly. "To my other hobbit friends but also the elves and the men, and the dwarves of course. Now come along now, eh?"

As a normal hobbit does, Pippin scurried ahead, guiding Miss Ruby back up to the Dinning Hall where he had earlier left the others sitting and eating in cheer.

He burst in full of excitement, snatched up another's chair and sat it down near his. He then scrambled back onto his chair and stood clumsily on two knees and joyfully introduced Ruby. "Friends, this is Miss Ruby Gamgee. I do not know if you have already met her but still; an introduction is neccessary!"

Suddenly, he sank abck down into his chair and his cheeks flushed a nice apple red; others were staring at him.
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 02:00
((OOC: Hope you don't mind me taking a bit of control of Legolas for this post. Needed to to get through it. If anything needs to be changed let me know.))

Isabella could not stand to rip her eyes from his. Eyes she had not met in far to long. She silently willed him to speak, but he did not. He simply returned her look. She tried to read him, but now she was unable to. He was different. She was different, she had grown up. She did not live in a world of fairy tales any longer.

Finally she could not stand the silence. "Say something! Anything!" She begged of him, but still he did not speak. Angry, she force herself to tear away from his gaze. Taking one final glance at him she turned to walk away.

"Isabella." He said her name, plainly, as if she had just been spotted by him. But still she did not turn back. "Isabella!" He grabbed her arm jerking her around to face him. She pulled from his grip and looked at him, questioningly, confused. "Don't leave me."

She turned her head, contorting her face. "I am not here to play games with you Legolas." She turned once again and began to head back towards the dining area, but not before speaking softly, so soft that he could barely hear her. "After all you left me first." And she began to walk with fury, with rage. She needed to speak to Frodo.
AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 12:40
Eldarwen awoke a few hours later, very sore. She looked at her arm and at the deep scar. Good, she thought, it's healed. She slid out of bed and walked out of her room. She noticed that Tharndir was gone, and she took the key he left. She had decided to go exploring. She hopped onto her horse, and trotted into the White City.
mushroomcrazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 04:18
(OOC: sorry everybody!!!! i didn't know i was gonna be gone for so long!but now that i have a home connection i'll be able to keep up better. and inspiring_addiction, i love it. i coudln't decide where to go with legolas and isabella, so thanks.)

Frodo waited a few seconds before he answered. "no sam, I don't think that you were too concerned; not this time. i think that there is more to these dreamsthan meets the eye." He looked at sam to see what affect his words would have. as he'd xpected, sam looked slightly shocked. " well, i guess i kinda expected that, from how Isabella and Legolas acted. but do you really think things could possibly be that bad in the shire?" "That bad and maybe worse if we dn't get there soon." He and sam just sat still for a moment trying to take it in that their beloved shire could've been touched by the vil of sauron and saruman.

Legolas watched Isabella storm off and was kind of shocked at how she'd treated him. then her final, muttered wordds reached his ears and he realized that she had every right in the world to be angry, even angrier than she had been. but he also thought that he desreved a chance to explain his actions and was slightly hurt that she hadn't even given him a chance to do so. He started towards the dining area but then turned towards the door that would lead him outside, the room suddenly felt warm and stuffy, and he was starting to feel closed in.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 09:25
Pippin again ate but this time to his full satisfaction and then he slipped from his chair. Being back to his own manner, he strolled quickly about then slide to a smooth stop near Sam and Frodo. They were caught up in conversation again, the same old worried glances on their faces. Curious, perhaps it was the dream. Or perhaps it was the stale bread. Who knew?

The hobbit walked over to the two, hands stuffed into the pockets of his trousers and a meek smile carressing his lips. "Why are you two so low looking, eh? Was it something you ate?... Or uh, the dream?"
mushroomcrazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 01:37
frodo and sam turned towards the younger hobbit and loooked at him for a moment before answering. "It's the dream. but the good news is we'l be heading back to the hire today." Frodo decided that there was no sense in worrying pippin so he left out the part about why they were leaving so suddenly.

Legolas walked outside towards the garden, the flowers wold relax him and help him decide how to approach isabella. he thought back to a time before he'd ever even heard of frodo or most of the others, and the ring was still just a fairy tale to him.
He was walking through the forest by his home thinking about isabella and not really noticing anything around him.he felt a hand on his houlder and jumped about a mile high. then he realized it was just isabella. they walked on together in silence for a little ways and then sat down on a rock beside the stream that ran through these woods and their town.they talked for awhile, but he couldn't remember exactly what about, and he suddenly knew he loved her. he didn't know when he started to, he hadn't even realized that his feelings were strong enough to turn into love, he only knew he loved her. but, not being sure that she felt the same, he didn't say anything. over the course of a few months though, both revealed their feelings. and, as always must happen when people realize they love someone, he had to leave. Elrond had sent for him to come to a meeting. He swore to isabella that he'd be back as soon as he could and that he'd write if something came up. but, well, we all know what happened next, and he didn't get a chance to tell her that he'dbe late coming home, very late.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 08:48
"We're going back home? Today?" He could not help his excitement. "Oh I can't wait! Should I be getting ready then? Wait, then you should be getting ready to." He silenced his quick yapping thencontinued on again. "Do the others know? Does Aragorn at least know? What about Merry because I haven't really seen him much since the meal and even then we didn't speak too much."

The blank stares he recieved told him to be quiet and so he did. Drooping his shoulders and lowering his eyes he began to leave. "I think I will go get ready then."
mushroomcrazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 01:41
legolas sighed and leaned against a tree.then he did something he hadn't done in a very long time, he cried. he heard the horses hoofs in time to collect himself and get control of his emotions. by the time the lady and her hosre reached him, you'd never know about his little outburst.

as down and upset an worried as frodo was, pippin's exitement was fairly contagious and helped to bing frodo back to earth. after all, a dream is just a dream, so why was he so worried? he'd had enough problems and worry because of the ring, and he was detirmined to never have to go through anything like that again. "Come on sam! lets go get ready!" he wasn't quite happy enough to go running of like pippin had but he did walked very quickly.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 08:26
((Hey guys, I am afriad I can't stay in this thread anymore. Please feel free to take over Merry, and I may join back sometime in the future. Cheers!))
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 10:24
Sam looked at Pippin as he was talking excited and smiled. Frodo seemed to cheer up too and Sam cheered up because of that.

Ruby looked at Pippin and waited till he sat down to ask: "Are you leaving allready then? That would be a shame..."

Thrandir went to the Inn and asked for the owner. When the man arrived, Thandir asked him to go somewhere private. The man looked at him with a raised eyebrow and Thrandir explained that he had something to talk about.
They went to a back room and Thrandir told the man about his father. "And now I need to know when you saw him the last time... " Thrandir said and looked at the man hopefully. "I have seen him a year ago for the last time, he was talking to a hobbit, Hobbits don't come here often so I watched him most of the time, your father joined him and they talked almost whole the night, the day after your father had a quick chat with the hobbit and then he left... That hobbit stayed here, I might even have his name in my guest book. If you go to the Shire, you might even find him and ask him about your father." Thrandir looked at the man with his mouth open till he was aware of it. He shut his mouth quickly and thanked the man. They drank a pint together and then Thrandir went back home to find the bedroom empty. He sat down on the couch and waited for the girl to get back.
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 12:00
((OOC: Sorry I have been somewhat absent. The power cord on my laptop shorted out and I'm waiting for a new one. From now on I'll have to use our other computer when I get the chance but I'm still here!!))

Isabella took a detour and walked about for herself for a bit. She bit her lip. Maybe she had been a little too harsh to Legolas. But he had hurt her, he had hurt her spirit. She was much different then she use to be. And although seeing Legolas again brought up old feelings, feeling she had fought to forget, she would not become weak and blind as she once was before.

Finally she found the hobbits seemingly in a better mood. Deep down she knew things where most likely not right at the Shire. Things had changed everywhere. She shook her head as soon as she heard that the hobbits planned on leaving. There was no need to say anything then. not yet anyway. She walked up to Frodo, startling him a little bit. Although she wanted to spend time with her brother this would get her away from Legolas. It was easier to tuck the pain away when he wasn't standing nearby.

She knelt down to Frodo and smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I shall make the journey with you dear hobbit. Just don't leave me behind." Forcing a small smile she walked away and outside, sitting down in the dirt. And breaking down, for the first time in a long time, she cried.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 06:30
After a while Thrandir decided to go out again. He left a note on the table that he would be back soon and he went outside.
He was thinking and his legs brought him to his favourite spot automaticly. Soon his thougths were interrupted by sobs coming from somewhere else in the gardens.
He searched and saw an Elven lady crying. He walked towards her slowly and pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket. He sat down beside her and offered the handkerchief without saying a word.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 06:13
Pippin nodded, his smile fading and he glanced solenly to Ruby. "Yes, my friends and I are leaving this today. This evening if we can help it."
AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 08:48
Eldarwen had rode through the dity, but found it quite boring. She rode back to the cotage to see the Thrandir had left again. She had felt bored in this place. She had to go back to Mirkwood. She wrote a note to him, telling to him she had left for Mirkwood, she walked out of the cottage and hopped onto the horse. She rode to Mirkwood at that very moment.
mushroomcrazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 12:43
frodo couldn't figure it out. he'd only met isabella once before, and then not for very long. so why was she wanting to come with them back to the shire? and besides, she'd only just got here and hadn't really had a chance to talk to her brother for very long and they were leaving today. "oh well," he thought, " maybe she's one of those that must be constantly on the move to feel happy." then he remembered the way she and Legolas had kept looking at each other. "or maybe she's trying to get away from him. but why? she still really cares for him, even [/i]I[i] can see that. they probably had a fight and didn't have a chance to make up before he left." he pushed the thought from his head and ran up to his room where he promtly collided with someone. looking up he spotted gandolf. "Gandlolf! where have you been all morning?" "you shall see soon enough. whats the rush?" "we're all leaving for home today! the others are homesick, and , to tell the truth, so am i."
AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 01:51
Eldarwen kicked her horse again. She sped ahead on the dirt road, dust and dirt kicking up everywhere. She wondered if her family would remember her. She had run away as a child, and now was the first she had wanted to be held in her mother's arms again. Her husband had been killed in battle, so she was all alone. Maybe they would take her back. She shook the thought rom her mind and kept riding.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 09:09
Sam followed Frodo as he left and offcourse saw Gandalf too. Sam stood there, smiling as Frodo hugged the old wizard. Someone else probably heard the exlaim of Frodo too and was running towards the door.

[keep it moving! hope it wont break down...]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 09:17
Pippin was bound with excitement as he leapt up the stairway that would soon lead up to his staying quarters. With as much speed as he could muster, he collected what he could of his belongings and shoved it all in a pack.

"Oh I can't wait," he announced merrily then once prepared, he raced his reflection down the stairs again. On his way down the halls, he once again joinned the company of Frodo and Sam and Gandalf!

he had spent all the Minas Tirith battle with the wizard and had hardly seen him since! He gave a yell and sprinted past Sam but he stopped his racing only a few paces before the great wizard and placed a hand on his hip. "Where have you been? I have not seen you much at all since the battles and such."
mushroomcrazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 12:08
"and i am very sorry for that. and what sort of mischief have you been getting into since then?" he said this with a smile in his eyes and they all knew he was only kidding. "now, if you will all just excuse me for about 1-2 more hours, i will show you all where i have been and what i've been doing. but first, i get the feeling that all is not well with one of the fellowship?"

(ooc: sooo sorry i haven't been here! i had to work in the church's firework tent so i couldn't get to a comp)
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 03:47
"You are leaving again?" Sam asked with big eyes. "And I couldnt even hug you yet!"
Sam looked at Frodo. He supposed that Frodo was that one person in the fellowship that was not so happy.
But Frodo was not the only one. Sam was getting homesick and he wanted to see Rosie so bad!
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 08:50
((-ooc- I just realized we had no more Merry! We can't have a fellowship without ol' Merry now can we? Well, I don't think so... so I'll take over him for now, if no one minds that is.))

BiC:

Pippin scoffed in a playfull manner as the wizard walked, once again, away from the group. "I suppose he would not really want to know what I have done, so far but I'm sure he will hear of it from some of the cooks." he laughed to himself then slammed his hands into his pockets.

Slowly, his eyes traveled towards his two companions, Frodo and Sam, and thoughtfully admired them. So badly he wished that he could have gone with them to Mordor instead of being luggage for the orcs but, it had to be done. If he and Merry hadn't have been captured, he guessed, the brutes would have found poor Frodo and would have won the war right there. But Boromir died too...

The hobbit bowed his head and slumped his shoulders. But before he could get too much more into this strain of thought another merry voice joinned them.

"Why it is that everyone is looking so gloom?" Merry laughed, looking from one friend to the other. "I just, uh, ran into Gandalf in the hall!" he exclaimed proudly. "Did you not see him? I literally did run into him though... knocked me right over."

Pippin laughed and shook his head. "Why, Meriadoc, you are just as bad as I am!"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email