on: February 25, 2009 08:08
Ya, it is very interesting.

I have never been to a Mardi Gras.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: dixie ringers! (southern usa)
on: March 05, 2009 08:33
Me neither. We celebrate Carnival in Spanish class...it's something that some countries celebrate that's like Mardi Gras but it's not. We made masks...it was fun.
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 05:16
I am from the South. Pasadena Texas. Just a hop, skip and a jump from Houston. How about us Texas Fans getting together sometime where it is not too far to travel for anyone?
Austin is 210 miles from where I am.
Erucenindë, I go to Oldtown Spring on a semi regular basis. To the Little Dutch Girl. I was Dutch before I became American in 2004. How about meeting sometime there?

[Edited on 15/3/2009 by ArwenLegolas]
Tiro nin Elbereth
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 08:02
I think it would be awesome for all of us Texas Ringers to get together some time... isn't it ironic that the three of us (ArwenLegolas, Eruceninde, and Merides) are all realm leaders?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 08:20
and aint it weird that all three of us live fairly close to each other?

ya, my g-ma lives pretty close to Old-Town Spring.

I went thru Austin the other day, in the rain, following my dad who was in this big truck....there were times i couldnt almost see the road, and one stupid idiot wouldnt let me come over in the other lane and....*rants*

(doesn't like city driving....even on the highway)
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 04:01
Yup, we are all Realm Leaders. Must be the Clean living we do here in Texas. (yeah, right)
Tiro nin Elbereth
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2009 05:11
Yay, another Dixie Ringer!!! Welcome. We're glad to have you! I've been a realm leader at one point and I'm not from Texas... Virginia's a pretty nice place too.
lordoftheringer
Assistant Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
on: April 09, 2011 06:19
Even if this thread isn't active, I've got to represent Texas! *gets out her Dixie flag*
"The more tragic things get, the more I feel like laughing." - Mat Cauthon
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: dixie ringers! (southern usa)
on: February 25, 2013 12:12
Howdy! I'm from west Texas and currently going to school at texas A&M. Whoop!
I saw this and had to jump on in. =)
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2013 01:25
I'm from Arkansas...close enough lol.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2013 10:48
Does Florida count?

I really like the term Dixie Ringers! We could form a band!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 05:26
Good ole Mississippi here! How y'all doin'? (I really don't have a southern accent. Sorta wish I did :/ ) But I love my sweet tea and cornbread!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 08:00
Mississippi! The reason we (I and my family), don't really have a southern accent is because our dad is from up North, and mom grew up in Brazil. I too, love sweet tea and cornbread!

Yes, Dixie Rangers is a very epic sounding name!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 04:17
I love pretty much all "southern" food. My friends and I did a crawfish boil for the first time this weekend and it was pretty much the most delicious food I have ever eaten. I guess technically we were calling them crawdads so a crawdad boil. =P
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 08:07
I also live in Texas... not too far from A&M. I grew up and have lived here except for 2 years in FL. I love Texas and don't want to leave it.
jakalova
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2013 09:16
I am far away from my northern homeland of Michigan's Upper Peninsula (Say Yah to da U.P. eh!) in South Carolina. I've been to Texas (airports lol) before but never had a chance to see/do anything interesting.
Fable
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 01:12
I am from Florida, myself!

Also, I do love me some grits.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm from the good ole state of Mississippi.

[Edited on 09/03/2013 by Mellwen_Bronwewen]
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
thorin_joke-inshield
Council Member
Send Message
From Virginia here. Grateful to hear of any other virginians on here. Private message me. Hardly ever check forums
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I live in (but do not hail from) Bavaria in Germany, which by many Germans in- and outside the state is considered to be Germany's equivalent of Texas (by size it is the largest state, and as with California in the US, we have a smaller state with about half again as many inhabitants). Does this give me a quasi-Texan (not born there) status?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Gandolorin! You are more than welcome to become a Fake Floridian..
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Central Florida born and raised, hurray for Florida!
finnr_sig
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:Hey Gandolorin! You are more than welcome to become a Fake Floridian..

Oh dear, Florida (along with Alaska and Hawaii) is a US state for which we do not have even the remotest equivalent! No hurricanes, no 'gators, no Everglades, no space center, no Disney thingy, no orange plantations, much drier and colder here. And even during the two years I went to college in the US I never spent a - would it be winter or spring? - break there.
And what's the speed limit there? Here, at 80 mph I'm dawdling, 100 mph is cruising speed, and in a hurry means 120 mph plus. All this with my 2700 lb 133 cu in pocket racer of course. My mom's 302 cu in 1969 Mustang definitely felt close to uncontrollable when I took it to 90 mph, so what feelings of control (or lack of it) your {cough, cough} "small" truck would convey at three-digit speeds is a thought that raises hackles on my neck.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Just remembered - you're fake too, right?
Wascloth-
Council Member
Send Message
This might be a stupid question but is Maryland considered part of the south. I know its kind of a border state but still.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Checked the Mason-Dixon line in Wikipedia. Maryland is south of it and would therefore be considered a part of dixie. (Though this line was not entirely a border between slavery and non-slavery states, but Maryland seems to be definite).
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Tis true, I am a Fake Floridian. I have found this state to be very welcoming and the people very gracious.

From where in Central Florida do you hail, Finnr?
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, currently I live in Orlando but grew up a little north in a small town that even people in the same county dont know
finnr_sig
Wascloth-
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks' Gandolorin I'm glad it is. And your right it was a border state during the civil war.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email