Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Princes of Exile
on: July 19, 2005 01:15
Eluréd and Elurín, the grandsons of Beren and Lúthien, were left to perish in the forest after the sons of Fëanor killed their parents, and were never heard of again. It was assumed that they perished, or did they?]

*~*~*~*~*

[i]Mírgalen ran ahead of her sister Mírluin as they went to gather water from one of the many rivers of Ossiriand. She looked up in time to notice two boys, travel weary and exhausted wandering on the the other side of the river. She turned to her sister and ordered her to go back to the village and get help.

*~*~*~*~*

Many years had passed since Mírgalen and Mírluin discovered and befriended the mysterious brothers. They had been adopted by the childless elder of the village. Together, they had all grown into early adulthood.

How swiftly time flies, Mírgalen thought to herself.

"Mírgalen!" a voice called.

She turned to see her sister, and the brothers Eluréd and Elurín headed for the fields. "We're gathering the Laerion's harvest for him, do you wish to join us?" Eluréd explained. Laerion had injured his leg the week before and was in no condition to be working.

"Of course!" she said, and ran to join them.

(OOC: For some reason, the computer is putting this all in italcs, I don't know why. Only the first two paragraphs should be in italics. Oh, just FYI, this is a scripted RPG, so please the OOC forum and/or PM to join. Thank you.

[Edited on 19/7/2005 by Lady_Tolwen]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Princes of Exile
on: July 19, 2005 02:06
(OOC-> Yay! Glad this is begun. :disco: Is this ok?)

Mírluin was glad that her sister was to join them in gathering the harvest. She enjoyed spending time with Mírgalen and the 2 brothers.

"What is it that you were so deep in thought about, sister?" she said laughingly. The four of them continued on to Laerion's fields talking and laughing amongst themselves.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 04:28
(OOC: Yes it is! )

"Oh, just how fast time flies," she answered. She stole a glance at Eluréd. He was busy supervising his younger brother in the gathering and not paying any attention to anything else. Elurín, on the other hand, was more interested in irritating his brother. Mírgalen laughed at their antics. "Hurry up you two, or we will finish before you get started!"
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 04:34
Mírluin laughed at Eluréd and Elurín along with her sister and rolled her eyes dramatically.

"I think perhaps we let them come along with us for amusement, more than the work that they do," she said smiling broadly at this thought.

She continued to gather with her sister as the 2 males continued to get nothing done.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 05:51
"Perhaps," Mírgalen mused. "The autumn festival is coming up soon. Any particular edhel you want to go with?" She asked.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 07:50
"That, my darling sister," Mírluin answered, "is a question I shall not answer in our present company." She grinned and continued her work. "What about you? Any particular edhel you would like to attend with?"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 10:12
"Oh, no, you're not going to play that game with me!" she said with a wink. "I shall not tell you either."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 02:28
Mírluin stuck out her tongue and rolled her eyes. She should have known better than to ask.

Suddenly, she stopped. Frowning for a moment, she realized how quiet it was.

"Why is it so quiet?" she asked Mírgalen, looking around for the boys. "Where are Eluréd and Elurín? They were here a moment ago."

She looked at her sister and had the feeling they were like-minded at that moment. She wasn't even sure they wanted to know where the two were.

'Those boys! Probably up to no good.' she thought infuriated. As usual they had promised to help, and where were they? Not helping.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 11:40
[Sorry guys, I have been incrediously busy all of the sudden... You know, family coming over, birthdays, and a boyfriend suddenly! takes a lot of time but i am here now!]

Eluréd had started to help the girls, until suddenly he saw his brother moving away from them. He groaned softly.
"Elurín, what are you up to now." he thought and he followed his brother as he left the fields again, moving for the forest.

"Elurín! What are you doing? Where are you going?" Eluréd called out to his brother and he quickened his pace. Elurín stood still. "Why do you ask, it's none of your buisness, why do you always watch me?" he said, when his brother stood beside him. "It is becoming, very, very irritating. Leave me alone will you? I only wanted to visit my favourite spot." he said and walked away.
Eluréd stood still for a few seconds, then he returned to his brothers side. Softly he said: "I have a favourite spot in the forest too."
Now Elurín stood still again. The usual mischievous glint was back in his eyes and he spoke as if nothing had happened, as if he hadnt been angry. He grinned. "Its not in the forest. You'll see."
Eluréd followed his younger brother cautiously, not knowing where they would go. And indeed, a few metres before the edge of the forest, Elurín opened a secret hatch in the sandy ground. They descended the small wooden steps, to a few metres underground. It was cold here, though it was quite warm outside. Elurín lit a torch and put it in a standard on the wall.
Now Eluréd could see where he was. He grinned too. "So this is why you hunt so often..."
This was Elurín's secret provision closet. There was food everywhere, mostly meat. There were bottles of wine, a cask of beer and bottles of mead. There was a bag of grain, and all sorts of other things.
"Where did you get all this?" Eluréd asked.
"I found most of it. There are at least two caves in this forest and most of what I found came from there."
Eluréd believed his brother, he wasnt a thief, and noone in the village had been robbed.
"I am saving what can be saved, you know? for hard times or something. When the crops in the village are bad. Just so we always have something to chew on."
Elurín shivered. "But I only wanted to check on my stash, shall we go again?"
Eluréd nodded. "Lets go back to the girls, maybe they told eachother who they want to take to the Autumn Festival?"

[oh and Lady? Could you please send me the link of the other thread you needed help with? I can't find it on my own.]

[Edited on 20/07/2004 by Sigilien]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 06:37
Mírluin scowled at the boys when they finally showed their faces again.

"Where have you 2 been? I thought you came to help us." She rolled her eyes and continued to work.

She noticed that Elurín seemed to be preoccupied with something. "Is something wrong?" she asked.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 05:10
"No, offcourse not, nothing wrong." Elurín said and he began working alongside of the girl. "So, did you two figure out who to take to the festival?" he asked with a smirk.

Eluréd on the other hand began working silently, thinking of what his brother had said to him, why he had been angry. He sighed and continued doing work.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 04:51
"What would make you think we would tell you who we want to go to the festival with?" Mírluin asked grinning. "Who do you want to take?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 12:15
Elurín smiled. "I dont know yet, It seems that you and your sister are the only girls in this town that I know well... So I suppose it will be one of you." He bowed so he could whisper in her ear. "Personally I think that master Eluréd over there would like to take your sister to the festival." He grinned as he went back to work.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 06:46
Mírluin giggled and whispered back, "Perhaps he should ask. I don't think that she would object." Then she grinned evilly and said, "Who will you take then Elurín?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 06:47
Elurín smiled. "I always liked you more that your sister, So... Uhm... Would you like to come with me at the Festival?" He was silent for a short moment then he added: "But if you had someone else in mind..."

Eluréd stood next to Mirgalen and suddenly stopped working to ask the girl something. "Do you think I watch over my brother too much? I dont want him to be angry..."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 06:55
Mírluin smiled shyly. "No, I didn't have anyone in mind." She blushed a little. "I would like that."

Looking over, she saw her sister and Eluréd whispering to each other. "I think we may be done with the gathering. Perhaps, we should bring Laerion's harvest to him." She grinned and she and Elurín began walking towards Laerion's house, knowing that her sister and Eluréd would follow soon thereafter.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 07:34
Mírgalen's heart skipped a beat when Eluréd came and stood so close beside her. But his question quickly brought her back to the present. She smiled knowingly. "As the eldest of our siblings, it's our duty to be protective of them and at least try to keep them from harm. It's natural. But sometimes we must step back and let them make their own mistakes, so that they will learn from them and mature into adulthood." She laughed at her answer. "I sound like Naneth."

She gathered the basket into her arms. "I think we're done here. Mírluin and Elurín have already left."

As they started to walk back to the village. "I think Mírluin and Elurín are going to the festival together. Any particular elleth you have in mind on taking?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 08:42
Elurín smiled happily. "Great." He said in one breath and started to gather the harvest into a large basket, then he walked up to the girl and they both began walking to the house of Laerion.

Eluréd picked up his basked too. "He says I am overprotective, I dont want to seem like that, I just want no harm done to him..." He sighed but then his face cleared up a bit.
"But please let me not linger in this mood, The festival is a much better subject as you thought of allready."
He smiled and then he returned the answer of Mírgalens question.
"As a matter of fact, there is one Elleth that I always found more... maybe attractive is not the right word... Interesting is not the answer also... Charming. The girl I would like to take to the festival has always seemed more Charming and sparkling then the other girls I have seen."
He paused.
"Would you like to accompany me at the festival?"
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 03:22
(OOC-> Umm...I'm just wondering if Elurín and Eluréd are in the database. If not, could someone tell me what they look like. Thanks! )

Mírluin walked along next to Elurín.

"Do you ever think about before? Before you came here, I mean. Before your parents..." Her voice was very soft, almost a whisper, and trailed off at the mention of his parents. She looked up a him. She did not know if he would answer her; how he felt about that time in his life.

[Edited on 12/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 05:38
"Well, Actually... I do not anymore... I would like to forget the whole thing, but I think Eluréd is sometimes sad about them... Me too, dont think I am not sad, but just not like him. I try not to think... about them I mean."

[Uhm... I actually dont know... Tolwen?]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 01:23
"I would want to forget too, I think." She looked at him for a moment, lost in thought. "Perhaps forgetting would be best."

They walked along in silence for a few moments and then on impulse Mírluin said, "I am glad we found you. I like having you around." As soon as the words were out of her mouth. however, she blushed furiously and clapped her hands over her mouth.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 06:20
Elurín now grinned broadly.
"Thanks, I'm also glad you found me. Maybe we both like having me around." He joked but his grin faded to a smile.
"I'm serious, I like you having around too, that's why I asked you didnt I?"
He placed the basket on the floor and left the house, Mírluin behind him.

[Tolwen? I'm just pasting the story here again, but it's slightly edited...]

Eluréd picked up his basked too. "He says I am overprotective, I dont want to seem like that, I just want no harm done to him..." He sighed but then his face cleared up a bit.
"But please let me not linger in this mood, The festival is a much better subject as you thought of allready."
He smiled and then he returned the answer of Mírgalens question.
They were walking on, and soon they arrived at the house.
"As a matter of fact, there is one Elleth that I always found more... maybe attractive is not the right word... Interesting is not the answer also... Charming. The girl I would like to take to the festival has always seemed more Charming and sparkling then the other girls I have seen."
He paused.
"Would you like to accompany me at the festival?"
He looked at his brother and Mírluin and then he looked back at Mirgalen.
"I understand if you don't want to, afterall I am not the only man in town."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2005 12:51
"Yes," Mírluin said feeling a little sheepish. "I suppose that would make sense."

As they left the house, she casually linked her arm with Elurín's.

[Edited on 19/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 11:46
(Well, based on the description's of their parents, grandparents, and sister, I would imagine that they would have dark hair and grey eyes. Just my oppinion. Sorry it's been awhile, been on vacation.)

"I would be honored to accompany you to the festival," Mirgalen said, blushing. "I was hoping you'd ask. True, as you've said, there are many in the village, but I'd choose you above all others." Mirgalen rediscoverd the baskets they were holding. "Oh, I forgot about Laerion! Come on, lets go surprise him with our work!" Then she sprinted out of the field.

(Um, having a bit of writers block. Do you think something should happen at the festival? At a loss for ideas.)
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 07:56
Elured looked at Mirgalen.(a little red) "Excellent. I'm glad that you..." he smiled again "Chose me."
Then he remembered Laerion too. "Oh yes! I forgot him too. How stupid of me."
He chased after the girl, keeping his basket steady.

As Mirluin linked her arm with his, Elurin felt suddenly very warm even though there was a cool breeze blowing through his black hair.
He heard a girls laughter and he looked back over his shoulder. He stopped dead. His brother was making a fool of himself! That was a rare sight... He was looking with his mouth open and didnt even know until Mirluin told him.
Elured turned around again, and they headed back to the village, talking and laughing about Elureds silly behaviour.
"I think he might be a little in Luuuve, because I have never seen him acting that way." Elurin said grinning.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 10:12
Mírgalenknew she and Eluréd were acting silly, but she didn't care. She was so full of joy, she just did what her heart told her. They eventually stopped at Laerion's home, panting and out of breath. "Won't ....Laerion be....surprised?" she gasped.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 04:25
Mírluin shook her head, laughing. "Is there anything wrong with love?" She gave him a silly frown and smiled at him.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 07:21
As she frowned that way Elurin suddenly felt the urge to kiss her. But he didnt. Instead he answered Mirluin.
"Offcourse not... But its just that I have never seen him... that way." He smiled back at the girl.
'Two brothers, In love with two sisters' he murmured, luckily not loud enough for Mirluin to hear.

Elured stopped beside her. "I think he... will be..." He was wheezing slightly, because he sometimes had problems breathing.
"We have... done it quite quick..."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 10:20
(OOC: Ok, We've established who's going with who to the festival. Perhaps an antagonist of some sort could apper?)

After delivering the baskets to a surprised but grateful Laerion, the group found themselves sitting around the table at the sister's house eating their midday meal served by their mother, Nanniel.

"Elured, Elurin, do you have any thoughts for what occupation you would like to pursue?" Mirgalen asked. "A farmer, a blacksmith, a swordsman?"

[Edited on 2/9/2005 by Lady_Tolwen]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 10:56
Mírluin smiled at her sister.

"Yes, what shall you do?" She smiled shyly at Elurín. "Shall you stay here? I should be very sad to see you go."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 10:15
'I would like to become a blacksmith.' Elurin replied. 'And I wouldnt be so happy to leave, so I wont.'
Elured then also replied the question. 'A Farmer would be more my liking. Making sure I can get reasonable crops, so I can feed some people. and I would get plenty of time to think.'
Elurin asked the girls:'And you two? What do you want to do?'
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 01:44
"Well, I suppose I shall marry and have a family," Mírgalen stated matter-of-factly. "I'm surprised none of you wants to be a warrior." Secretly, Mírgalen guessed it was from something in the boys' pasts that would keep them from making such a decision. She had hoped that she they would suddenly decide to make a visit to their homeland and take her with them; she longed to see places other than Ossiriand. But that seemed as like it would never come.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 04:33
Mírluin looked for a moment at her sister, then spoke. "I should very much like to travel." She smiled softly. "However, I think I shall have to agree with Mírgalen. I shall probably marry and have children." She frowned for a second at that thought and then just as quickly as it appeared, it was gone.

[Edited on 10/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 05:08
"You dont like that idea do you?" Elured asked seriously. "Marry and having children I mean..."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 05:47
Mírluin turned to look at Eluréd. She thought over her words carefully before she spoke. "It is not that I dislike the idea, but I wish to marry for love. Not just out of duty." She glanced shyly towards Elurin and smiled.

[Edited on 10/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email