Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Princes of Exile
on: September 10, 2005 06:13
"When ou find someone you love, you can marry that person and have children, You dont have to do it because its your duty or something, there are loads of men in the village, you will find someone i am sure." He didnt look at her but at his brother. He sounded like him...
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 08:03
"I agree with Mirluin,and i too would like to see what is beyond Ossiriand." She paused for a moment. "Do you ever wish to return to your homeland?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 03:58
"I want to go back... But its hard..." Elurin replied and looked at his older brother.
"It would bring back memories... maybe some that we dont want to remember. Like Elurin said... It's hard..."
Elurin tried to change the subject... "Shall we have lunch?" He asked.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 06:14
Mirluin smiled and said, "Yes, let's eat. I'm starving."

It made her sad to see the unhappiness sadness pass over Elureds and especially Elurins faces. She wished that they would travel someday and take her and her sister with them.

Poking Elurin in the side, she said, "Could you pass the bread, please?" Her voice was light and she laughed a little, her eyes sparkling as though she knew some secret that they did not.

[Edited on 11/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 08:18
Elurin got the bread and looked in her eyes.
"Sure, here it... What?" He asked when he saw the sparks in her eyes and he rubbed the spot where she poked him.
"Are you okay? ... Metally?" He joked and he took a piece of bread from the basket.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 09:06
Mirluin laughed softly and, taking the bread, passed the basket along to Mirgalen. "Did I hurt you?" Her voice had sarcasm laced lightly into it and, though there was concern in her eyes, there was also laughter.

"I am as wonderful as I can be on such a beautiful day with my sister and two good friends. However, I think I know something that you do not and I shall not share it with you...yet." She grinned widely and laughed again. She was in the company she loved best. She was not ready for this particular secret to be shared, though.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 09:42
"Oh thats just mean!" Elurin whined and he smiled. "You are making me curious. You've got my weak spot now... Awww, come on... You wouldnt have secrets for me now would you?" he joked. He respected her choices, allthough he was the nosy type and couldnt resist secrets.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 06:20
Nanniel interrupted the friends conversation. "I'm hearing too much talking and not enough eating!" she said smiling. "Eat befor your food gets cold."

The group smiled. "Yes, Naneth."

She poked Elurin's shoulder."You don't have enough meat on your bones, so eat up!"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Nanniel opened it to find another youth standing before, distraught. "Olore, what happpened?"

"It's Elfaron," he said, panting. "Something happened. There's been an accident. You must come quickly."

Nanniel's face paled. Elfaron was the leader and elder of the village. She was a healer in the village and hated to think of what might have happened. "I will be there immediately she said."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 12:15
"Yes Naneth..." Elurin said and bagan to eat is bread. He was just about to take the second bite as knocking on the door interupted him.

"It's Elfaron," the boy said, panting. "Something happened. There's been an accident. You must come quickly." He ran back, closely followed by Nanniel and Eluréd.

"Oh my... Should we go too? I am going..." Elurín said and followed his brother.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 08:56
Mírgalen gathered her mother's things in shock. She handed them to her mother and followed her, with Mírluin and the boys following close behind.

When they reached Elfaron's home, Nanniel instructed the group to remain outside while she tended to their leader and if they wanted to be useful, them boil some water and get clean bandages.

Nanniel walked inside to find Elfaron badly wouded. "How did this happen?" she asked, shocked.

*~*~*~*

Mírgalen and her friends gathered the thing's her mother asked. Another healer who was also called took them and left them outside.

"I hope he is alright," Mírgalen said quietly. She walked over to Eluréd. "Are you alright? I mean, he did practically raise you and your brother. If it's bothering you, you can tell me."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 09:53
Elurín was doing his very best to enter the house, but was kept outside by the door closing before him. Someone inside had locked it. Then he desperately tried to look through the windows.

There he was, his sort of Father, lying on the ground, blood everywhere...

Someone saw him looking and quickly closed the window hatches.

But Elurin had seen enough. He saw Nanniel shaking hear head sadly, he had seen the cuts his mentor had.
Elurin silently walked away from the group, not sensing that he was followed.

Eluréd looked at Mírgalen. "I have no idea in what shape he is... And he is old, maybe his time has come..." He spoke darkly. He was scared. Elfaron had once told him that he was like a son to him, and that when the old man would pass away, Eluréd had to take over the reigns of his people.
But Eluréd wasnt ready. He was scared for his fathers life, and for the responsibility he had to take.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 03:55
(OOC-> Sorry, guys. I've been really busy lately.)

Mírluin quietly followed behind Elurín. When he just kept walking and did not stop at all, she called out to him softly, "Elurín. Please stop." Her voice pleading with him.

When he turned and looked at her with sadness deep in his eyes, she let out the breath she hadn't been aware that she was holding. Holding out her hand for him to take, she said, "Come and sit with me. Talk to me. It will help you feel a little better at least." She smiled at him sadly and waited for him to take her hand.

[Edited on 6/10/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 10:07
He walked on and on... Still unaware of the person behind him. He was starteled when he heard a voice plead: "Elurín. Please stop."
When he turned around he saw that it was Mirluin.
He looked at her with sadness in his eyes. He did not want her to see him this way, not this weak.
She sort of gasped. He knew it, he was a wreck...
She held out her hand to him, awaiting him to grasp it.
"Come and sit with me. Talk to me. It will help you feel a little better at least."
She smiled at him sadly and waited, still, for his reaction.

He grasped her hand, maybe a little too tight.
He felt like his whole being was disabled, torn into pieces, the bits lying everywhere and he had to walk miles to get the pieces together.
They sat down together, somewhere on a fallen treetrunk. He had walked far away, through Laerion's fields automaticly, wanting to go towards his secret hideout. But here he was, not even near it, lost in thoughts, accompanied by Mirluin.

"I am scared..." He said.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 11:20
"I am scared..." Elurín said.

Mírluin was silent for a moment, trying to find the right words, but knowing that there were no right words. She still held his hand; his gripping hers tightly as though his life depended on that small contact, but she wrapped her other hand around his hand as well.

Leaning her head against his shoulder, she asked quietly, "Why are you afraid? Tell me what to do to take away the sadness in your eyes." What she had meant to sound as a command had come out as a plea and her heart broke seeing him so destroyed and lost. She waited for his answer, all the while leaning on his shoulder and holding his hand, offering what silent comfort she could.

[Edited on 6/10/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 09:28
Elurín almost broke out in tears. Here he was, with the girl he liked so much, more as just a friend, but he couldnt talk to her about his feelings. He was broken inside; he knew different, but he hoped that his mentor would be okay when they came back to the village.
"I am scared that I wont be able to... talk to him... to lay my problems on his shoulders for just a while... He was like a father to me Mírluin..."
He suddenly noticed that he was holding her hands quite tight and he loosened his grip on her hands.
They seemed so small in his hands. He kept them safe in his hands, shielding them from the coming cold of the night.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 10:02
Mírluin listened carefully to his words and heard great pain in them. When she turned her head to look at him, she could see the rapidly fading flicker of hope in his eyes. She knew in her heart that when they returned to the village, there would be no good news.

"I know how it feels to lose your father." Her voice was very soft. Tears formed in her eyes, but she fought them knowing that Elurín needed strength from her.

Scooting over on the log, she pulled him in such a manner that his head was resting in her lap. Gently brushing her fingers through his hair they were silent for a moment and then she spoke again, her voice soft and soothing. "Tell me what troubles you wish to tell him. I may not be able to solve them for you, but I find it helps to do talk about them to another."

Mírluin continued brushing through his hair. It hurt her greatly to see Elurín, who she had come to have very strong feelings for, broken.

After a lengthy silence, she leaned forward and kissed him gently on the forehead. "I desperately wish I could make things well again, but I cannot. Please let me help you in some way." Her voice was a whisper in his ear. "Please!" It came out as a strained plea.

Sitting back, she continued her quiet ministrations of comfort and waited silently for his response.

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 10:43
"I cannot tell you... You wouldn't understand... You are helping me allready, by being there for me. I thank you, though I might seem harsh or angry, I am not. Thank you Mírluin..."
He closed his eyes, memories charging his head, he was safe, but his feelings were making him vulnerable.

Eluréd sat inside the cabin, the head of his father resting in his lap. The man tried to speak, but Eluréd shhh-ed him. "Quiet my old friend, talking will not help you."
But the old man would not listen. "You know what I expect... of you... You must take... my place in the village... I want you... to become the leader... My son..."
Eluréd broke. This was it. He was really going to die and they all knew it. "Shhh... keep your strenght..."
The man shook his head and grasped the hand of Eluréd. "You lead them... I love you... tell your brother... I love him too..."
Elured bowed over the body of the man. "My father." he whispered. He hugged the man, as he died.
Eluréd looked at the body in shock. It had happened... He stood up. Anger flowed through his body. Where was that brother of him?
He walked outside, devastated.
"ELURÍN!!! WHERE ARE YOU?! YOU DWARF! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE NEEDED YOU?! ELURÍN!!!!!!!!!!!" He cried and raged, his booming voice carrying far.

Elurín shot upwards upon hearing his brothers voice boom over the fields. He could hear and feel the pain that was inside the voice. He ran and ran, creating a bigger gap between him and Mirgalen, who was following him.
When he arrived at the house he skidded to a halt.
The door was open.
He could see his father.
He had died!
He was to late!
He cursed himself.
Then suddenly something struck him, creating searing pain on the side of his head. He was struck to the floor.
The figure of his brother was towering over him.
"WHERE WERE YOU! YOU WERN'T THERE! HE WANTED YOU THERE!" Eluréd delivered another blow to his brother, this time it came in the stumach. People emerged to the scene, restraining Eluréd.
Elurín yelled back, tears streaming over his cheecks of pain and sadness and anger. "I KNOW! CURSE ME!"
Both brothers were contorted inside, it felt like losing BOTH of their parents again.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 12:04
Mírluin arrived at the fallen leader's home just in time to see Eluréd strike Elurín in the head. A gasp escaped before she could silence it.

Standing by her sister, she felt completely helpless. When others came and held Eluréd back, she saw the pain and sadness and anger in the eyes of the brothers.

All of a sudden, she could see, clear as day, the evening that her mother, her sister, and herself were told of her fathers death. Pain streaked through her, both for her and her family and for the two who had lost yet another parent. Her legs crumbled beneath her and she sat hard on the ground. Tears slowly fell as she stared at the ground.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 01:28
Nanniel and the others had done all they could for Elfaron, but to no avail. Finally they let Eluréd in to say his final goodbyes, after which, he tore after his brother.

As Nanniel prepared the body for burial, she saod to the others, "These were no accident."

*~*~*~*

Mírgalen raced after Eluréd as he ran to his brother. "Eluréd, stop!" she cried as he punched his brother, but he either did not hear her or did not care. She was vaguely aware of her sister beside her. After the brothers were separated, she ran to the grief-stricken youth and threw her arms around him, unaware that she was weeping as well.

"Eluréd, I'm here," she said, over and over to calm and soothe him. She suddenly realized how vulnerable he looked, feeled. It made her want to kiss his troubles away. It was in this moment that she realized how much she loved him.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 02:30
Slowly, Mírluin dragged herself off the ground. She watched her sister and Eluréd for a moment. Then she made her way over to Elurín.

He was curled against the house, slowly rocking. Tears were flowing unchecked down his face. Sitting next to him with her back against the building, she pulled him into her arms. For a moment, he fought her and then seemed to give up in defeat.

Holding him, she gently rocked back and forth. She could feel his entire body trembling with the tears and pain. Mírluin gently lifted his face and wiped away the tears, though more replaced them. Struck by the defenselessness she saw in him, she kissed his cheeks.

Putting her cheek to his, she whispered to him, her voice raw with emotion, "Elurín, I am here. I shall not leave." She turned her head slightly to watch Mírgalen and Elurín for a moment. When she came back to Elurín, she felt such love, she felt she might happily drown in it. "We shall conquer this together. We will find who did this." Her voice was filled with frustration and resolve. Whoever had done this would not get away with such a dasterdly act.

[Edited on 11/10/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 10:22
Eluréd sunk to the ground, ashamed, angry, sad and helpless. As Mírgalen put her arms around him he hung limp inside of them. "This cannot be happening..." He mumbeled.

Elurín crawled to the wall of the house, then sat down with his arms around his knees. Mírluin came over to him, hugging him tighly, offering all comfort she could give. His head and stumach were burning with pain of the blows Eluréd had delivered to him. He wasnt on this world anymore, he was in the past. Only when Mírluin kissed his cheeks he focused back to where he was. "I can't handle this... I am leaving..." He stated and he buried his head in Mírluins arms.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 04:34
"I am leaving..."

Mírluin's heart stopped. Slowly, she lifted his head so that he was looking at her. His eyes held a deep sadness and she knew that he would never come out of his pain if he left, alone. "You cannot leave...Where will you go?" Her words came out in a heartbroken whisper. "Eluréd needs you now, Elurín." For all its truth, she knew that part of her was lying. She wanted him to stay for her. "You do not have to do this alone." She wanted to tell him she loved him and that she would always be there when he needed her, but she did not think this was the time for such admissions and she was not ready for she feared that he would never feel the same about her. He was at heart a prince, afterall.

Her gaze slid down to his trembling lips and she wondered vaguely if the look in his eyes would change to something better if she kissed him.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 11:05
[they dont know their princes right? only the old man knew]
"No he doesnt need me." He said harshly.
"And I will leave, alone or not alone, but I am leaving. Tomorrow morning."
He looked in the girls eyes. He wished she would come with him, but she couldnt, she had a life here. He hated Eluréd. Was he the only one in pain?! Elurín thought not. Eluréd had been shouted at, hitten by and hurt by his brother. He did not want to stay here.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 05:05
(OOC-> If they don't know that they're princes, pretend I didn't say that. Sorry.)

Mírluin couldn't say anything for a moment. Tears came to her eyes and, though she tried to fight them, they slowly slid down her cheeks.

Letting go of Elurín, she leaned back against the house again and stared out into the distance through her watery eyes. "Where will you go?" Her voice was shaky and filled with resignation. "Just tell me where and tell me when you are leaving in the morning. I will come out to say farewell." Her voice was scratchy and flat. She had no more arguing left in her.

She could think of nothing to say that would keep him there and though she wanted with all her heart to go with him, she could neither leave her family and friends nor could she know that he would want that.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 09:01
[Dawn is at sunrise right?]

"I will leave at sunrise."
He was silent for a moment, watching how the tears of Mírluin slid down her cheeks.
Then he couldnt control himself anymore. "I wish you could come with me. But you have your life here, I cant take you away from that." He stood up.
"I love you..." He mentally slapped himself. You stupid. "I am sorry..."
And with those words he walked off, to pack his bags for the morning to come.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 09:29
(OOC-> Yes.)

Mírluin stayed where she was for a few moments, trying to register the last of what he had said. When the words 'I love you' finally registered in her head, she threw herself off the ground and ran after him.

"Elurín, stop!" she yelled at his back. When she met up with him, she bowled him over as she hadn't actually thought that he would stop. Not giving herself a chance to chicken out, she grabbed his face in her hands and kissed him.

Without giving him a chance to say anything, she hugged him tightly. "Did you really mean what you said? That you loved me?" She looked in his eyes and he did not have to say anything for her to know that he had. She knew he would not throw such weighty words around.

"Don't be sorry for that. It is such a weight off my shoulders to hear you speak those words." She gave a short laugh, knowing that she was babbling. She couldn't stop it, though. She wanted him to know how she felt before he walked out of her life completely.

"I have loved you for many years. I will go with you, just tell me where and I shall pack. I will follow you anywhere." Her voice became desperate and, though she feared the words she had spoken, she knew that her sister would understand.

"Please do me one favor...." She trailed off knowing what his answer would most likely be for if he wouldn't do it for his brother, why should he do it for her. Screwing up her courage, she spoke again. "Stay a few days. Say good-bye to your 'father.' Say farewell to my sister. She will miss you." She looked at him, but couldn't read his expression. "Wait for your emotions to calm. I don't want you to make a decision that you will regret." By the end, her voice was soft and somewhat broken.

If he left, she would be lost without him. She gave him a watery smile and kissed him again. He responded by wrapping his arms around her.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 10:39
He heard footsteps racing from where he had come from. Then he heard a shout. "Elurín, stop!" He winced. You moron, what have you done now...
He stopped, she almost flew past him.
As he faced her she grabbed his face and kissed him.
He responded carefully, big eyed, for this had not what he had expected.
Before he could say anything she said "Did you really mean what you said? That you loved me?" While hugging him.
She looked in his eyes as if she wanted to see if he had been lying, but he had not. He said nothing.

"Don't be sorry for that. It is such a weight off my shoulders to hear you speak those words." She laughed but stopped quickly.

"I have loved you for many years. I will go with you, just tell me where and I shall pack. I will follow you anywhere." Her voice became desperate.

"You can't...-" He started but she spoke again.

"Please do me one favor...." She fell silent...
"Stay a few days. Say good-bye to your 'father.' Say farewell to my sister. She will miss you." She looked at him.
He looked at her blankly.
"Wait for your emotions to calm. I don't want you to make a decision that you will regret."
She kissed him again. He wrapped his arms around her in response.
"I cannot stay. It breaks me to stay here. I MUST leave. But I shall leave the day after tomorrow at dawn then. I will say goodbye to your sister, and to 'father'. Are you sure you want to come with me? Not that I do not want you to come, but what about your life here? I do not intend to stay away forever, but I must take time off if you understand me..."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 12:03
Mírluin let out a breath and put her head on his shoulder.

"You shall not be away forever. I will return with you." She stopped and stared blankly ahead for a moment. "My sister will keep watch over your brother. I shall go and keep you company. I have always wished to travel and I can think of no one better."

After a moment of silence, she hugged him tightly and whispered, "Thank you, Elurín."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 01:26
Elurín smiled shortly.
'Thank you too." And with those words he walked off to pack his bags.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2005 03:14
(OOC:.....Wha? I'm unable to get on for a couple days and the story runs away! Oh, well. Yes, Sigilien, dawn is at sunrise. Oh, and the boys knew they were princes, but they didn't tell anyone for fear they would tell the sons of Fëanor and they would come and kill them. But I suppose maybe they told the old man, but only him.)

Mírgalen held Eluréd till he was calm again. "Your brother is leaving, my beloved. Will you not stop him? You both belong here."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 06:11
"Your brother is leaving, my beloved. Will you not stop him? You both belong here."

Elurín did not look at his brother. Why would he stop the one who wasnt there when the old man died? Why would he look after Eluréd when he doesnt want Elurín to do so?

"If he wishes to leave let him be. I will not make choices for he for he does not want me to do. Why would I bother to take care for someone who left his father to die? Why would I bother to look after for someone who doesnt want to be looked after? Why should I bother to prevent someone from doing things when that person finds himself capable enough to think for himself? I will not stop him."
Eluréd stood up and went back inside to pay even more respect to the old man.

Elurín was busy packing his bags in his home, leaving an outfit for tomorrow to wear. Meanwhile he was thinking about Mírluin. Was it wise of her to leave this place? But he wanted her to come with him, oh yes. But still... was it wise?
While he was pondering he didnt see a black figure sneaking past his window, who was on his was back to where he had come from.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 02:38
"My beloved, we all deal with tragedy in our own way. Your brother most likely wanted to be alone to prepare himself should the worst happened. How would he know that it would happen so suddenly?"

She paused for a moment. "This is not just about Elfarin, is it?"

"You might as well join your brother," a sinister voice said behind them. They turned to face their leader's nephew. "We all know that you are not qualified to take his place. You're not even kin. What makes you think the people would follow you?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 08:08
"This is not just about Elfarin, is it?"

"How do you mean that?...-"

"You might as well join your brother. We all know that you are not qualified to take his place. You're not even kin. What makes you think the people would follow you?" Said someone behind them.
Elurín turned around to face the man who was speaking. It was the nephew of Elfarin, looking darkly upon them.
Elurín looked back angrily. This man shouldn't be speaking this way about himself and his brother.
"I am at least more qualified than yourself... Where were you all the time when Elfarin ruled over this village? I never saw you helping him or giving him advice or even talk to him... I didnt even see you paying respect to him just now... Where were you?! Elfarin wanted ME taking over his duty, not you, he never told me he wanted that to happen. You should respect his decision, but you havnt even been to his body yet. What kind of nephew are you anyway!"
The anger Elurín was holding flowed out of him. This person didnt deserve that rank. It was Elurín who had been told to take over that hard duty...
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2005 01:29
"I am his own flesh and blood," he replied. "I think you should leave until you can prove you were meant to lead the village. Go to Tol Galen, where Luthien Tinuviel and Beren Erchamion lived and died, and bring back Beren's sword, Dagmor. Then we will see that you are indeed fit to lead our village. Tol Galen lies in the southern part of Ossiriand, in the middle of the river Andurant." Various other village sided with the nephew of Elfarin.

Mírgalen slid her hand in Eluréd. "Wherever you go, beloved I shall follow," she whispered as the crowd began chant for him to take the quest.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2005 11:39
Elurín and Eluréd looked at eachother. Elurín looked angrily at the man, but waited for Eluréd to respond.
"It seems that the crowd wants the proof aswell. Then I will go, But I still think that you are not qualified for the position, He wouldnt have you there, he asked me."
Elurín looked amazed at his brother. "Are you serious? The man asked you, and you will risk not getting what he want if the quest doesnt work? This is crazy!"
Eluréd looked in the eyes of his challenger, and not at his brother.
"That is my decision. I will succeed."

[ah right its just that 'Elurín' suits an older person, Eluréd feels younger if you get what I am saying... Okay edited it!

[Edited on 20/07/2004 by Sigilien]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email