Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Princes of Exile
on: November 23, 2005 03:35
(OOC: Um, Sigilien, I thought Eluréd was the oldest..... )
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 10:13
Elurín and Eluréd looked at eachother. Elurín looked angrily at the man, but waited for Eluréd to respond.
"It seems that the crowd wants the proof aswell. Then I will go, But I still think that you are not qualified for the position, He wouldnt have you there, he asked me."
Elurín looked amazed at his brother. "Are you serious? The man asked you, and you will risk not getting what he want if the quest doesnt work? This is crazy!"
Eluréd looked in the eyes of his challenger, and not at his brother.
"That is my decision. I will succeed."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2006 06:44
(OOC-> Sorry about the ridiculous delay...I've been uber busy and completely spaced this one.)

Mírluin stood next to her sister and watched in shock what was happening. She knew that nothing good could come of this and she worried that Eluréd taking on this quest at the behest of Elfarin's crazy nephew would be nothing, but tragic for all of them. She worried for Elurín because she knew he would do anything for his brother. She didn't think that she would be able to cope if anything happened to him.

(Sorry, I'll fix that issue mentioned below.)

[Edited on 11/1/2006 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2006 11:47
"Tol Galen..." Elurín murmured, "I dont even know where that is... And Beren's sword, Dagmor, How does it look? I want to know for I am coming with you brother, If you like it or not."

"I dont know how the sword looks,"Eluréd said, totally ignoring the fact that his brother just told him that he would come with him on this dangerous quest,
"Tol Galen lies in the southern part of Ossiriand, in the middle of the river Andurant." Eluréd said annoyed, "He just told us you stupid."

Elurín looked at his brother angrily and turned around and went home, followed by the young sister.

"If you are coming with me, shall we go and pack your bags?" Eluréd said lovingly at the girl holding his hand. "Thanks for you supporting me."

[Okay, its a little hard for me now...
Elurín is the younger brother, but wich sister does he love?
Eluréd is the older brother, but.... Same question!?
Its just that Mirluin is worried for Eluréd taking the quest, ]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2006 04:48
(Sorry for my delay, a series of unfortunate events*no pun intended * has occurred and I was unable to post.

[Recap: Eluréd is the oldest and is coupled with Mírgalen.
Elurín is the youngest and is coupled with Mírluin.
Mírluin is worried about Eluréd taking the quest because Elurín would surely follow.]

"I would follow you to the end of this world," Mírgalen responded. "Come, let us hurry before Naneth tries to stop me," she added with a mischievious smile and darted back to her dwelling.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2006 12:22
Elured turned around without one look at his brother walking away and he smiled at Mirgalen. "Yeah, Lets go." He said and they both walked away to go and pack their bags...

[Lady Tolwen, maybe its better for you to pick up the role of Mirluin aswell?]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2006 05:46
(OOC-> I am terribly sorry about taking so darn long. :blush: I have been super busy and every time I sat down to write, I was totally uninspired. Then I was logged out of the site and had to figure out what my password was...I know excuses, excuses. I am going to try harder, though.)

Mírluin ran after Elurín and grabbed his hand. "Come and help me pack, my darling. We must hurry before Naneth returns. And I do believe my sister is coming." She was babbling again, but Elurín said nothing to stop her.

The two walked towards her home and when they arrived, thye came across their siblings. It appeared as though they were saying a momentary farewell.

When Eluréd left to go pack, Mírluin asked her sister, "Are you going too?" Mírgalen looked at her questioningly. "Yes, sister, I am going with Elurín and you, it would seem, are going with Eluréd. Am I not correct?"

Without waiting for a response, she entered the house with Elurín and began to quickly pack her things. While she was packing, Mírluin thought she could hear her sister doing the same.

(Again, I am sooooooooooo sorry it took me so darn long to post. It wont happen again.)
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2006 09:10
(Lol, don't worry about it Aranel. I'm gulity as well, though my excuse is lots of illness in my family. So don't sweat it.)

Mírgalen hastily packed essentials. Food, water skins, various knives for protection and skinning quarry should the need arrive. Then she added a few changes of traveling clothes for obvious reasons. Next, she grabbed medicinal herbs and bandages, ointments and other various things that Naneth claimed had healing properties.

She thought about leaving her emerald necklace behind, but something inside her wouldn't let her.

When she had finished packing, Mírgalen returned to Eluréd. She could feel him eyeing her necklace. "I know it's eccentric and impracticle, but I could bear to leave it behind. It's just too precious, she explained.

Soon their siblings had also finished packing and they all turned to leave Naneth's dwelling...Only to find her standing at the door.

"Did you really think you could sneak off unnoticed?" she asked sternly glaring at her daughters. Then her features soften. "I have gifts to give you before you start your journey, and I hope they are useful."

She gave Eluréd the sword of her long-lost husband and Elurín a bow and a quiver of arrows that had belonged to him as well. Then she gave Mírgalen a pair of long knives and Mírluin a feminine sword.

"Naneth," Mírgalen said, "I don't recall Adar ever using these."

"He didn't. I did." At their questioning stares, she continued,"An elleth should know how to protect herself, which was what these were for. They have proven themselves useful to me and I hope they do the same to you. Now, my children, go and omplete your quest, so that I may rejoice at your homecoming."

Having said that, she turned and briskly walked away.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2006 09:56
Elured looked at the sword the woman gave him, running his hand over the hilt, and Elurin strapped the quiver to his back and began admiring the fine work of decoration on the bow.

"Naneth," Mírgalen said, "I don't recall Adar ever using these."

"He didn't. I did."

Elurin looked up from the bow and listened to the womans explanation. Elured, on the other hand, listened to her while he was exploring the sword to find the name of the one who made it.

The woman turned and walked off leaving her children behind just like that.
"I wasn't... suspecting that." Elurin said looking slightly open mouthed at Mirluin and Mirgalen.
Elured dissapeared into his room and returned with the sword sheathed to his side. "I think it would be smart to leave now. Does everyone has everything he/she wants with him/her?"

He waited untill everyone had nodded in agreement and then he smiled slightly. "Okay, then lets go!" He said and he walked off and tucked a map into his jacketpocket. Mirgalen caught up with him and Elurin and Mirluin were following behind them.

"This means we will miss the Autumn festival..." Elurin said somewhat disappointed. "And I would have wanted to..." He stopped abruptly. "Stay with them, I will be right back."
Elurin ran back to the house they had left not even a minute ago.

Soon after, he caught up with them again. "Like I was saying... I wanted to dance with you on the festival."

As they were approaching the edge of the forest Elurin shouted to Elured: "Should I get some more provisions?"
Elured stopped to think. "I dont think that would be bad. Yes, that would be nice." He answered a little coolly to his brother.

Elurin smiled broadly. "Come with me!" He said cheery, ignoring his brothers behavior.

He opened the hatch in the sandy floor and somehow lit the torch. "Ladies first..." He said and he waited till all the others had descended the small wooden steps.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2006 10:10
Mírluin's mouth dropped open at the sight she saw before her. Linking her arm with Elurín's and whispered, "Where did you get all of this?!"

She looked over at Mírgalen and could see the same confusion in her eyes. Eluréd did not seem at all surprised, though.

Mírluin watched as the two brothers began to pack away some of the items in the 'underground hideout.'
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2006 05:51
Elurin smiled broadly.

"There are two caves far ahead in the forest. I stumbled upon them, and saw that there hadnt been a person there in for a long while. There was food there, and wine and ale and other drinks. I thought that that could come in handy when we have bad crops or something. I am using this hideout for savekeeping of the village may the day come when the village resources run out."

He packed the last rabbit he had caught and skinned and dried and put it in his bag.
"I think we are ready to go, fully equipped..."

He looked at his selfmade hunting bow, who looked a little pathetic besides the bow he had on his back now. He smiled.
"And if we come to the point that we run out of food, I can always hunt for more if there is any prey around." He said linking his arm with Mirluin again.

Elured took the torch from the wall again and began leading the group out of the cold hideout.
At the start of the stairs he put out the torch and stepped out of the hatch.

Elurin cleared the place of evidence that there was a hatch around and they continued their way after Elured had taken a look on his map again.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 01:54
(Sorry, I've been sick with the flu and a stomach virus :dizzy: Not fun.)

Mírgalen loked in awe at the brother's secret horde of stuff. "There's enough provisions here to last...well, a really long time!" she exclaimed. "Too bad we can't take it all with us."

After the brothers collecting the things they wanted they continued on their way.

"How long do think it will take us to get to our destination?"Mírgalen asked.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 02:05
Mírluin walked with Elurín; their arms still linked. Her sister and his brother were just ahead of them.

"How long do you think it will take to get where we are going?" She almost said nothing for want of not sounding like a baby, but curiosity won.

As they walked, she laid her head on Elurín's shoulder for a moment.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 03:28
[If you look on the Middle earth map, what kind of distance would it be between the village and the place of destination?]

Elured looked around. "I don't know yet. I first need to find something I can see on the map aswell. Then I can see how long we walked over that distance. How is everybody doing? Everyone fine?"

Elurin smiled. "I really doubt that you are in a comfortable position." He placed a hand on her head to stop her head from banging to his shoulder everytime they took a step.
"Oh, I am fine by the way, Elured"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 03:51
(OOC: Sorry guys, I've been pretty sick with the flu and a stomach virus at the same time. :dizzy: And then there's been family problems...And today I got a car!!! So, I've been pretty busy.

Um, about the map/distance thingie, we'll have to look at a map of Middle Earth before the fall of Numenor and then go from there. I'll get to work on it ASAP unless someone beats me to it.)
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 05:36
[I dont have a map like that, I do have the regular lotr Middle earth map]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2006 08:34
(Hmm...Goes to dig out her maps under her pile of LotR junk...)
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2006 09:13
After a long time walking, Elured stopped near a weird rock formation. He looked on the map, but the rocks were not on it. Elured sighed. "I dont know where we are yet. But shall we take a break and eat something? I'm growing a little hungry, does that sound ok?"

Elurin smiled. "Yeah I guess I am a bit hungry too, and my feet could use a little time off. How about you, Mirluin?"
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2006 12:31
Mirluin smiled and said, "I am hungry and my feet are ready for a rest."

As soon as she saw a suitable seat, she sat and began to rub her feet. For just a moment, she doubted her decision to come for her feet hurt already and she knew worse would come. It was only for a moment, though, for when she looked at Elurin, she remembered why she had come.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 08:56
(OOC: Ok! I finally managed to find my maps and it's roughly 100-150 miles, give or take a few miles, from where they are to Tol Galen. I have no idea how to convert miles into kilometers, I don't use it. So, what we need to figure out is how many miles (or kilometers) a person can walk in a day. Does anyone know the answer to that?)
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 10:27
[Distance: 1.25 miles. Walking time: 26 to 29 min
Note that they are walking two/three hours non stop, pause a little while and then continue. And offcourse they will be spending the night in the wilderness.]

"Mirgalen? Are you hungry aswell?" Elured asked and looked at her lovingly.

Elurin sat down beside Mirluin and opened his bag and reached for a waterflask and something to eat. He tore a loaf in four pieces and gave a piece to all.
"Here you go." He said to Elured, and Elured said "thanks" in a quite hushy voice.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 03:14
(Thanks Sigilien! ....)

"Thank you, Elured." After she ate, she took off her shoes and rubbed her aching feet. She was used to walking but not such long distances, and pebbles always managed to find their way into her shoes. "Perhaps by tomorrow we'll all be used to this sort of traveling," she said hopefully.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 03:24
Mirluin swallowed a bite of bread and laughed softly. She stretched and said, "I certainly hope so."

All of a sudden she felt a chill in the air and looking up, Mirluin saw the sky filling with clouds. She had a sinking feeling the sky was going to open up angrily. "I think perhaps we should find some sort of shelter, elsewise we will be getting very wet."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 01:27
(OK, I've enlisted the help of my mother and she's come with the conclusion that it would take roughly eight days if they walked for 8 hours a day. Sound good?)
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 03:38
Elured looked up. "Yes, I think that will be the case. Shall we split up and look for a hidingplace?"

Elurin nodded and grabbed the hand of Mirluin. "Lets go find a hideout quickly!"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 12:42
Mírgalen glanced around quickly. Luckily, she spied a cave nearby. "We should stick together," she said. "And there's a place we can shelter over there." She pointed in the direction of the cave and then began to move towards it.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 03:48
Mirluin grabbed Elurin's hand and ran after her sister as the sky opened and began to pour. By the time they reached shelter they were all soaked.

Shivering a little, she looked around her. "Now what do we do?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2006 07:34
Elurin and Mirluin arrived in the shelter soaking wet.

"I think we better sit close together and warm ourselves to eachother. We should at least stay here untill we are dry..."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2006 05:13
Mirluin sat on the floor next to Elurin. After a moment, she scooted closer to him, leaning her head on his shoulder as he put his arm around her.

"There is some wood over in that corner. Perhaps we could get a fire started?" She looked at Elurin hopefully. The prospect of fire sounded wonderful to her.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 06:10
Elurin looked at the wood and looked if it was dry, and luckily it was.
"Sure, We could try. Elured, could you pass me the sparkstones please?"
Elurin looked at Mirgalen, but there was no Elured sitting besides her. He looked around the cave, but he didnt saw Elured. The cave had a passageway, but did Elured go inside?
"Where has Elured gone?" Elurin asked the two girls but neither knew.
Elurin went to the entrance of the cave and shouted "ELURED!" in the rainy wilderness, but there was no reply.
Elured did the same thing at the passageway, but other than a few irritated bats flying out of the passage there was no sign of life.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 11:18
Mirgalen looked up startled. Elured had been at her side a moment ago. Where in Arda could he have gone? Instead of going further into the cave, she went out in the rain, calling for her beloved. She was instantly soaked through. She wandered around the surrounding area in vain. Saddened, she returned to the cave, as wet as a drowned rat and every bit as miserable.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 01:19
When Mirgalen returned to the cave, wet and alone, Mirluin went over to her and tried to comfort her. She put a blanket around her sister's shoulders and looked helplessly at Elurin.

Once a fire was started, they all huddled around it for what little warmth it offered. Mirluin looked saddly at her sister and said, "I am sure he is ok, Mirgalen." Then she scooted over towards Elurin and whispered, "What do we do now?" She huffed out a sigh and, wrapping her arms through one of his, she leaned her head on his shoulder.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 01:38
"I dont know. It's not like him to run off just like that. Nobody saw where he went right?"
Elurin began to think.
"What if he went on without us to keep us safe from whatever? Would he do that? I hope not..."
Elurin had no idea what his brother could do in this kind of situation, especially after the loss of someone he had loved very deeply.

-----------------------------------

Meanwhile Elured was goallessly walking around the forest, scouting a little and thinking. The rain didnt even bother him. He didnt even care. He didnt know what he was doing, and he didnt know what to do. Faguely in the background he could hear people yelling, but who it were he didnt know. Suddenly all went black and the last he heard was a soft thump right beside him.

----------------------------------

Rhuanion jumped down from the branch and he landed right beside the elf that had fainted. Oh my how the other elf looked sick. Rhuanion was a healer so he knew very well. The elf had walked like he was drunk and he wasnt focusing on the things he saw. A miracle he didnt walk in the marsh nearby.
Rhuanion sighed. "Just when I went looking for rest and come here for my peace this happens!" He thought.
He pulled an elvenblanket from his backpack and layed it over the elfs body.
Then he lifted the elf up and went to the cave for those people yelling might be where he had to be.

[Edited on 20/07/2004 by Sigilien]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 05:44
Sigilien,

Uh...just exactly who/what is Maeve? She does not sound like a Tolkien related character (have you read the Guidelines at the top of the Forum).

Please make sure she meets the guidelines and if not, edit/correct her presence in your post.

Thank you,
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2006 04:01
(Maeve? Who's Maeve? Sorry it's been awhile. I only have a minute, but my grandmother is in the hospital and it's really serious. I'l try to post again as soon as I can. Again, I'm sorry about this. )
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email