Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: Onward to Gondor (part 2)...(open to all!!!!!)
on: May 31, 2006 04:37
(I thought that Johan was called Terathorn...)

Ardinlas turned to Durhen and Johan and said, "If I might barge in, I have been there only last year, and it seems to me the prince is aging quickly. How long do you think that it will be before Elphir is made the Lord of Dol Amroth?" The prince had looked terribel and in ill-health the last time she had been there, and Elphir had been coming into his prime. Such was the mortal life; men live and die. Elves lived forever. Ardinlas was a Half-Elf; where in the spectrum of mortality was she?
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 10:03
"I know not, Lady Ardinlas," Durhen said, "I could not judge for I have not seen the prince as of late, it is merely possible that he had caught some cold, for ever illness is prone to those with mortal blood." Durhen thought on this, death, ilness, they were forgin concepts to him, though he had seen his share of them, in the past, through the faces of others.
"You are half-elven yourself, are you not, Ardinlas?" He was uncertain as to how she would prefer to be refered to.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 11:08
Ardinlas nodded gravely. "Yes. My mother Arnedil was the sister of King Thranduil, and my father Arinar was could have been considered a blood-brother of King Elessar. He was one of the Dunedain. However, they were both slain by Orcs before the time I was twenty." At this, her eyes clouded, the memory of it still haunting her. "However, I would not dwell on my elven ancestry much for I am more at home with Men than even though I live in Mirkwood now. And please, do not bother with a title for me; I might be related to the royal family of Mirkwood, but there really is no likeness between us. But come, what of you? I am sure I have seen you before."
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 11:29
The company suddenly noticed Johan was not among them. Ahead they heard the sound of orcs. 5 orcs came bursting from the trees. Behind them the form of Johan appeared and slew the orc clossest to him with a single stroke.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 03:54
"Ardinlas, I am from Mirkwood. I was raised by the King Thuranduils advisor, Collelril, after my parents death. I never knew my father, and my mother was killed by orcs when I was but 100 years of age. You might have seen me about the courts of the king at one point or another."
Suddenly 5 orcs appeared through the trees. Durhen drew his sword and with a shout of fury and excitment charged into their midst. Mallgwae reared high up and struck the orc with his hooves, Durhen chopped his head off, knowing that it was just stunned.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 07:07
The arrival of the Orcs spurred Ardinlas into action. Shadow reared up, whinnying fiercely, and struck down an Orc, landing on its head. Ardinlas, wielding Wyndfar, beheaded the horrific enemy to be sure he was dead. Fire blazed in her eyes as she waited to see if others were around. "Gurth 'ni yrch!" she cried. "Death to them all!"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 09:40
"Gurth 'ni yrch!" she cried. "Death to them all!" Ardinlas cried, and Durhen laughed, parrying blades right left and center, but not killing the orcs...let them know fear was his thought, and someone else might wish to kill them as well.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 09:54
Ardinlas looked at Durhen oddly and rode near him, dodging blades and parrying blows. "Why are you laughing?" she asked as Shadow leapt back from an impending attack. She wheeled her horse around skillfully and brought Wyndfar down on an enemy's skull. It cracked under the forceful blow, and it fell heavily. How many more? Ardinlas wondered. I will kill as many as show their hideous faces near me.
Authwen_Elenara
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 10:02
Authwen saw more orcs coming. She whisper for Isillire twards them, full speed. She hair flying behind her, and her sword now drawn, she sliced off one orc head and pulled out a knife and hit another on the head with the butt of her sword, stabbing another with her knife. She knew how to kill and kill quickly, she had to, the forest was always coming under attack, and she had to protect it. She saw a arrow coming at her, but ducked before it hit her, but in doing so, another orc, cut her sword arm, she cursed loudly, and killed the orc which had cut her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 11:25
Durhen smiled, "Ardinlas, my parents were killed by orcs! It makes me quite happy to kill them, to make them pay for thir crimes!" His face hardened and he killed another, slicing its throat out. His smile returned, and a look of pure cold fury and malice, and not a little pleasure, creapt into his green eyes.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 11:27
"Ai!" Ardinlas cried as more Orcs charged into the clearing. Why are they near here? "Gurth a chyth vin! Hain dago!" Looking anxiously around, she saw Mithlirian leap from Aoreth into a nearby tree and climb up into the spreading crown.

"Keep them at bay!" the Elf called. "I will get them from up here!" He picked off an Orc with a well-aimed arrow.

Ardinlas nodded toward him and urged Shadow into the woods, hacking and slashing through the throng of Orcs. Death met all who encountered her blade with the blood-red hilt. "Ortheritham hain!" she muttered to Shadow as the snowy horse plunged his way mightily amongst the enemy.

Ardinlas cursed as a sword found her leg, cutting a narrow, shallow gash through her clothing and nicking her skin. Wheeling her horse around, she plunged Wyndfar into the neck of her injurer. It seemed hopeless for the small company as they fought. How many were in the clearing now? Thirty? Forty? Ardinlas lost count. Whatever the number, unless something was done, they could and would be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

-------------
Gurth a chyth vin!- Death to our foes!
Hain dago!- Kill them!
Ortheritham hain!- We will defeat them!

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 12:16
Durhen stopped playing games with the orcs, slaughtering any who came near him. His sword and hand were turned black from the blood of the orcs he had killed, but he cared not. Arrows strted raining in from above and so he urged Mallgwae to move with greater haste. There were many orcs, and they were in trouble.
Durhen let himself fall into a battle trance, he had nicks and bruises, and a gash on his leg, but in the battle trance he felt nothing. All he could do was kill the orcs. But there were still many to fill their places. He relied on Mallgwae to make sure he was in the right position to kill the orcs.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 04:49
Ardinlas was just getting into her stride when a blow from an axe handle sent her flying off Shadow onto the ground. Mithlirian looked at Ardinlas and shouted, "Are you all right?"

"Fine," Ardinlas replied, gritting her teeth as she stumbled up. Her leg would hardly support her weight. Shadow was at her side like lightning, and the Half-Elf mounted him quickly. She resumed fighting, Wyndfar humming through the air and cutting Orc hides and armor like a knife through warm bread. This was where Ardinlas was home, on the battlefield surrounded by her hated enemy.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 09:49
Malleloth had hidden Mellon in the undergrowth when she realised that there was to be a serious fight. She needed both hands free.
"Stay there, hound, got that? Stay!"
Then she drew her sharpened training sword and plunged into the battle, chewing her lip and trying not to show that she was frightened. She had rarely been in proper fights and didn't have the experience that it seemed all her companions had. But even though she sensed that she was the youngest and weakest of the elves, she was determined not to be looked down on.
Her sword pierced an orc's belly and she twisted it before pulling it out, drawing a stream of black blood out with it.
"Gurth a chyth in edhil!" she yelled, ducking under a curved scimitar and hacking into another, then trying to make her way towards where she could hear one of her companions shouting. This was not a situation in which she wanted to be alone. Better to have another warrior at her back.
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 09:49
Durhen charged the orcs head on, hot, silent tears unknowingly slid down his face.
"Die filth or Sauron!" He shouted and sliced another's head off.
He saw Ardinlas fall and weeled Mallgwae over towards her, coming up along side her, his sword weaving a deadly dance of death.
"Ardinlas, are you hurt?" He asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 10:26
"I am all right, Durhen," Ardinlas said over the din of battle. She saw the tears on his face. "What is wrong, my friend? You are weeping." The fire in her eyes dimmed slightly, but her temper with the Orcs had not. Wyndfar was moving with a mind of its own as Ardinlas maneuvered Shadow around the Orcs, always trying to stay one step ahead of her enemies.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 10:40
Durhen blinked, weeping? we wiped a tear from his face,
"I had not relised..." he whispered softly, Mallgwae reared up and crushed the skull of an orc, "I think it be only memories, Ardinlas, I never knew my father because of orcs, my mother died when I was but 100 years of age because of orcs, and I have seen...many friends die at the hands of the orcs..." He sliced the thraot of another orc. "Allnelia..." he whispered.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 11:04
"Orcs?" Ardinlas sighed, trying to stay her emotions; her anger was welling up inside her."My parents were the same way; both died when I was young. Of course, being an Elf, you probably have seen more if it than I have, and I have seen a lot." An Orc attempted to unseat her from Shadow, but a quick thrust from her father's dagger stopped it for good. It was harder for Ardinlas to maintain her balance, as she was bareback, clinging to Shadow's sides with only her legs, which weren't that strong at the moment due to her injury. Another Orc leapt from a tree and knocked her yet again to the ground. Swiftly, Shadow brought his hooves down on the unfortunate's head and broke his neck. Ardinlas tried to stand, but her leg gave out. She fell heavily against Shadow, causing the horse to sway. She cursed softly and swung herself carefully into a nearby tree and parried off blows while attempting to do so.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 12:01
More orcs came running out of the trees and from the side. Johan noticed that many of his new found companions were hurt. Johan was alive when the first orcs were made by mutilating elves and he still had a lingering feeling of woe when ever he killed one. He some times even tried to help them back to the light but never suceeded,
" Lasto beth nîn. Tolo dan na ngalad" he said to the opproaching orcs. They paid no heed and carried on attacking. So Johan slew them with a look of sadness in his eyes.
"Hiro hyn hîdh ab 'wanath." he whispered to himself and then threw himself back into the fight. Some of the company looked frightened where as others looked angry and some were in a rage of killing but none were showing cowardess.
"Tangado haid!" He shouted"Avo 'osto! I Anor hílol!"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 12:09
Durhen leapt off Mallgwae, defending Ardinlas with sword and fist. He felt no remorse for the orcs like Johan did. He killed them with anger and fury unbefitting an elf. At one point grabbing one of the orcs the ripping out his throat with his hand.
He cared not, he was angry, and he had a friend to defend. He would not let her die.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 12:16
Johan thought with the orcs and ended up wrestling with one of the larger ones unti Johan had it by the neck
"Tolo dan na ngalad?" he said. The orc spat in his face so Johan broke its neck and moved on.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 12:30
"Johan! You will not get through to the orcs!" Durhen shouted, "They will not listen, they only know to kill. Do not throw your life away for the hopes of talking one onto our side!" Durhen's voice was harsh, but trully he felt sad, had this elf ever seen what the orcs could do? Had he ever lost someone because of them? Durhen hoped to get through to them.

OOC: Johan_Oder, could you please translate your elvish phrases for me, I am not very proficient in the language and would like to know exactly what you are saying. Please and thank you!
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 12:42
(yeah fair enough Tolo dan na ngalad means come back to the light just FYI)

Johan kept on fighting
"I was there Durhen!" He shouted "I was there when elves were tortured and mutilated into orcs! But your right. The light of the Eldar left them long ago. Its just a dream of mine that one orc could come back..." an orc jumped on him spitting and snarling. Johan cut it down. "But in my heart of hearts I know there is no real hope. Hiro hyn hîdh ab 'wanath." in death may they find peace
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 12:51
Durhen smiled weakly and nodded. He understood what Johan was saying. "Then keep that dream, mellon, we dream far to little these days. And of good dreams even less."
Durhen slew another orc, but he felt sad now, he had not though about the past, he had always just killed orcs, out of spite, out of fury, it didn't matter, he hated what they had done to him and his family.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 01:15
"You say orcs killed your family?" Johan said, "Mine suffered a far worse fate than being killed by orcs. My entire village fell to the thrawl of the..." he slew an orc with a quick merciful strike to the neck."... dark lord. i alone left Angband still as an elf. Because I was in a deep chamber. The orcs forgot about me and I was forced to live of rats and any orc foolish enough to walk that deep into the dungons.If you kill blindly you might as well become an orc right now!" He then lowed his head "Forgive my outburst it was not meant as a personal attack" He then slew another orc with great grace and skill.
Authwen_Elenara
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 02:01
Authwen fought as if it was her last day, which it could be if she wasn't careful. She pulled out different kinfes and swords, and daggers, she killed quickly, or left them to die on their own, she aimed to kill everytime her sword fell. She didn't care right now if the orcs were once elves, she hated orc for what they did, not what they had done, and that gave her power to raise her sword.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 02:07
Durhen grinned, "No offense taken, I understand your thoughts. The only reason I attack..." He punched an orc before stabbing it in the gut, "so violently, is for what they did to my sister and I. I to was captured by orcs, but we were held in the east of Mirkwood. My sister was married, and with child when the tortured her, slowly, painfully, I was forced to watch. And in their cruelty they let me live..." Durhen chopped another orc's head off, "I was found by a patrol a week later, half-starved, for my hands had been bound with iron and I could not catch food, I was nearly mad with grief and pain. That is why I kill the orcs with such pleasure." And he smiled broadly as he slew another.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 02:16
"Well then your dark anger seems to be forged from light. The light being the love of you sister." An orc stabbed Johan in the chest. But made no mark for Johan had forseen the strike and one in the lingering is able to leave their mateial form fo a while. But doing this caused Johan to drop his sword armour. Johan jumped back and stood naked before the orcs. The orc that attacked him came after him again and Johan ripped off its arm with a strange fury and clubbed it round the head with its own arm. He then picked a sturdy looking stick of the ground and weilded it like a sword. His atacks were a lot more brutal with this blunt weapon and some how more skillful, as one who has learned to fight well with weapons other than those made by painstaking craft.
"I must tell you that I have had little dealings with orcs except during the last alliance. And then it was in combat. I had no idea how they treated there prisoners." he said "pray tell, what was your sisters name?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 03:17
Durhen leapt to his side, slashing at the orcs, "My sister's name was Earfae. She was my younger sister." Durhen ducked under an orc's wild swing and brought his sword up stabbing the foul creature. It was not completely dead, and it brought a small blade down on Durhen's shoulder, peircing his flesh. Durhen gritted his teeth in pain and stabbed the orc again. It was dead this time.
With a grunt he pulled the dagger from his shoulder, tossing it into another orc's throat.
"They treated their prisoners in all manner of ways." He said softly, "Some worse then others." He felt anger, and sadness at the memories, and resumed fighting.
Authwen_Elenara
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 04:40
Authwen finish off the orcs around her, she saw no more coming. She turned Isillire toward the others, killing orcs as she rode over to the others. The orcs were almosted all gone, she smiled at the thought, but kwen that it was a slim chance that the orcs would ever really all be gone. She sighed and cut a head off yet another orc. Isillire trambling another. She looked around few orc lingered still in battle, but the worse was over.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 05:13
one last orc ran at Johan and he clubbed its legs and then its head whilst it lay on the floor.
"Well then that one was for Earfae." He looked around the remaining orcs were fleeing. He threw his club and it smashed through the back of the nearest orcs skull. He then gathered up his clothes and carved a little elvish J and O into the club and left it sticking out of the orc.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 12:02
Durhen smiled softly, "Thankyou, mellon, I am certain that she appreciates the gift." He bowed. But as he did his shoulder suddenly flared in pain, he clutched at it with a hiss. Removing his hand he saw red blood on his fingers.
Tyris tore a strip of cloth off his cloathes and bound the wound as best he could for now. But it would have to be tended to later on. It was deep and rather unsitely.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:08
Johan had gathered his clothes and was dressed again.
"Come now its getting late we must press on" he said
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:18
Malleloth limped over to join the others, picking up Mellon on the way. He'd stayed where she'd left him, fortunately. Her leg hurt, she wasn't sure why. Perhaps she'd pulled a muscle during the fight. She rubbed reflectively at it and winced, but glanced at the wounds some of the others bore and felt ashamed of herself.
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:47
"You look troubled, Malleloth," Durhen said, "Are you well?" She looked a little upset, and he wondered as to the reason. Perhaps she had a qualm with the orcs, a history like he and some of the others had? perhaps she was unhappy that they had had to fight at all. He rubbed his shoulder absent-mindedly, it was numb and cold. He did not enjoy the feeling a bit.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email