Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Authwen_Elenara
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Onward to Gondor (part 2)...(open to all!!!!!)
on: June 16, 2006 04:43
Authwen look around to see if they were all there, she notice Malleloth leave, and whisper softly, "Eru watch over you."before turning back to look where she was going, behind the rest she watch them all, she sighed looking up at the branches, it would soon be time for her to decide, for the edge was near at hand, and her mind was still troubled, she saw a falcon dart into through the branches, and fly right at her. "Hello, little one."she said holding out her arm for the bird to land on. She saw the letter and removed it quickly, she read while she rode, she was needed in Gondor, she now had nothing to decide her father had once again given her no choice.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 10:32
Durhen came up alongside Authwen. He saw the letter in her hands, but he decided no to pry. The last time he had it had nearly lost him a friendship. He would not do so again. He let himself fall into a dream-like state. Trusting Mallgwae to warn him if danger was coming.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 03:42
((sorry i havnt replied for a while just finished exams))
"Durhen" he shouted while cutting a branch off the nearest tree "take my sword I can't afford an other mishap" He nodded towards Authwen "I will tell you alone of what caused that out burst" Johan told durhen everything there was to know about his "problem" (minsterel see the pm)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 06:38
(That is sad. Hopefully see you in Gondor, Galenfea!!!)

Ardinlas saw Malleloth leave. She sighed, her one companion from the beginning was gone. A falcon suddenly burst into the group with a parchment attached to it. It landed on Authwen's arm, and she took it from her. Ardinlas turned ahead and waited for any news that she should know about.

"I will tell you alone of what caused that out burst"
. Ardinlas heard Johan talking to Authwen, and she rode ahead to the edge of the clearing to give them privacy. "Perhaps I am not meant to make this journey, boy," she muttered to Shadow, stroking his snowy neck. "It seems that everyone has left me, save you. Mithlirian, Malleloth, who is it to be next? Surely it is important if Aragorn summoned be, but in truth, is it worth it?"

Ardinlas surveyed the plain ahead of them, and she could see no signs of danger lurking about, but that didn't mean that there was none. Shadow pricked up his ears and snorted, glad to be out of the forest. "I would have you run, but we would leave our companions in the dust." Laughing, Ardinlas dismounted and let Shadow go, the great horse lunging mightily forward and galloping as fast as the wind, the blood of the Mearas surging through him. Eventually, Shadow would come back; his bond with Ardinlas was too strong, but she knew that he needed time to be a horse, and not tethered to her will. Free as the wind, Ardinlas thought. That is what we both are.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 03:11
OOC: Yay! I'm back from France!

IC: Durhen turned Mallgwae about, watching the Maeras gallop away. He smiled gently, then rode up alongside Ardinlas.
"It would appear that your companion has left, perhaps, until he returns, you would care to ride with me?" He asked quietly.
He looked breifly over to Johan and nodded in understanding. He knew of nothing else to say.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 08:07
(Welcome! It has been a long time since I have posted either...)

Ardinlas thrust Shadow from her mind and looked at Durhen. "Mithlirian won't return; he has decided to return to Mirkwood." Her voice sounded almost wistful. However, a smile lifted the corners of her mouth. "It would be my pleasure to ride with you, once my mount has decided to return, that is."
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:05
Durhen smiled cheerfully, he quickly swung himself off of Mallgwae, landing neatly beside the great horse.
"Then until your steed's return I shall walk beside you. No one should have to look up to another, not even in simple cases like this." Durhen couldn't stand being under another's rule so he tried to make everyone equall as possible.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:23
Ardinlas smiled back at Durhen as they began to walk. "Whatever suits you," she said. "I don't mind looking up to others. I have always been looked up to, as the king's nephew, so it is nice to know the feeling once in a while." Her eyes scanned the great plain in search of her horse. "Tolo hi, Mirlos. Let us go," she whispered into the wind. There was no sign of the Mearas. Where was he? Ardinlas thought. He is never gone this long.

("Tolo hi, Mirlos."-Come now, Snowjewel)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:38
Durhen nodded, "Well, I'm not one people usually look up to...for most of my life I have been a mere stable boy...no joke. I have found that I do not look up to authoraty well, even though I respect the need for them. If you'll forgive me for saying so." He stroked the siide of his horse's neck.
"Tolo hi, Mirlos. Let us go,"
"Is something wrong?" He asked, pausing in step.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:49
Ardinlas laughed. "Do not worry, I have often felt that as well." Her face turned serious. "Shadow should have come back to me by now. Unless there is something out there, he is never gone for more than a few minutes."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 12:00
Durhen's face darkened, he listened for anything, for any indication. A chill wind blew and Durhen found himself shivering, even though he was not actually cold.
"Something comes..." He whispered, "Get on!" He said, lifting Ardinlas up and onto Mallgwae, then getting on behind her, "We will find Shadow, and then we must leave. There is something foul in the air." His voice remained calm, but there was fear in his eyes.
Authwen_Elenara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 07:14
((OOC~Sorry, my computer was down, and now I'm going to be moving, so I wouldn't be on for a while. If you want you can say at Authwen followed, I'll try to be on as much as I can))

IC~

Authwen looked at the others as they left the forest, then she looked back at the place she had stayed for the last few years, home...no, she had no home, she never had and she doubted much at she ever would. The only place at she had ever been at home was back when she was a young girl, back when she was just Angelface...back when she was with Merry, happily staying in the shire. She looked back at the others, riding out of the forest. "Don't forget me" she said nodded to them, turning Isillire slightly, she stopped. 'no, I can't stay here anymore' she thought turning back to the others. "Well, what are we waiting for?"she asked, Isillire braking into a run.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 09:30
Ardinlas felt the chill in the air as well. "The wind speaks of evil," she whispered with apprehension. She let out a piercing whistle. With no sign of her horse, Ardinlas' face paled. "He should have heard that." Turning to Authwen, she called, "We aren't leaving you. Come on!"

Her thoughts racing through her head, the maid glanced hither and yon for some sign of Shaodow. A movement in the grass caught her attention. "Urge Mallagwae over there," Ardinlas told Durhen, pointing.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 11:37
Mallgwae did not need the prompting. He was already en route to investigate the movement. The golden horse approached apprehensively, his ears folded back against his head. Durhen drew his sword, holding it lightly at his side.
Out of the grass suddenly leapt an Easterling, his spear raised aloft. The man let out a war cry, Mallgwae reared in shock and anger, lashing out with his hooves. The man fell beneath the horse's hooves, but he was only the first of a large raiding group.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 10:36
(Ooohhh! More Easterlings! I am dealing with them in my other thread, Treason of Dol Guldur.)

As Mallgwae reared, Ardinlas gripped his mane tightly. She leapt from his back and landed in the grass. Getting to her feet, Ardinlas took out her sword as well and rushed back into the forest where she climbed a tree. From her vantage, she saw another shape in the grass, but what it was, she couldn't tell. She called again for Shadow, and immediately she heard an answering whinny. The shape in the grass moved toward her.

Shadow, hearing his mistress' call, headed toward the forest and halted beneath the tree she was on. Leaping onto Shadow's back from the tree, she urged him to Durhen's side. "Have you any idea their numbers?" she asked hurriedly.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 11:22
"Is 'too many' a good answer?" He asked jokingly. "No I have not, but they are not a large raiding group from what I can see." He launched himself into the battle, his sword slicing through air, neck, and flesh.
"Where are the others?" He shouted above the fray.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 06:43
"I don't know!" Ardinlas cried above the noise of the melee, striking at the sea of flesh that swam in front of her. "If anything, we should try to retreat before we are overwhelmed!"
Lord_Elurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 03:44
(Hi guys! )

Aion watched the fray below the tree he was on. The elves, or was one not quiet elven, were going to be overwelmed soon. The Easterlings just kept coming. He made a split second decision, jumped down and cleaved an easterling in half, fighting his way towards the elves.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 06:06
OOC: Hello! Lord_Elurin! And I'M BAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!

IC: Durhen cut through another easterling. He noticed someone approaching them, a man, elven or human Durhen couldn't rightly say at first glance. Durhen threw himself at his latest opponent. His blade cutting left and right.
Durhen ducked a swing and stabbed up, killing his enemy.
"Hello friend!" He shouted at the new arrival.
Lord_Elurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 06:00
(Aion's profile is in the RPG characters)

Aion glanced at the tall elf that had shouted to him. He didn't hear what the elf had said because of the sound of the battle but he couldn't worry about it now. He fought against the tide of the Easterlings cutting, stabing, ducking, and blocking the blades thrust at him.
As soon as he had killed one, another jumped in his place. Suddenly out of nowhere a blade cut through the air and cut his left arm.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 06:00
Durhen swung under a blade, ducking barely in the nick of time. The new arrival wasn't so lucky. He got hit on his left arm. Durhen moved towards the newcomer, but the momentary destraction had caused the hilt of a blade to collide with the side of his head. He grunted and fought back with a passion, killing his adversary. He felt his head. It bled slightly, and there was a headace there, that hadn't been there before. Oh well...
"Are you alright?" He asked the newcommer. Now side by side with him.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 08:33
Ardinlas noted the newcomer and smiled briefly at him before returning to the melee. The Easterlings kept coming, wave after wave, shouting in their language. Weapons of every kind flashed before her eyes, daggers, swords, spears, halberds, axes, anything and everything. "We can't keep this up for long! Durhen, friend, we need to retreat!" Wyndfar sang as it cleaved an enemy in two, his head thudding as it hit the ground. Gritting her teeth angrily, she fought determinedly on.

A spear pierced Ardinlas' leg, and she flinched, drawing it out and killing its wielder. Her blood flowed freely, turning Shadow's pure white side wine-red. Her eyes burned with battlelight. Her attacks became more frenzied, still accurate, still deadly. However, even the mightiest warrior will fall, and Ardinlas' strength was fast deserting her.
Ecthelion_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 02:21
*hi, need help? *

A great battle horn sounded above the melee. Many of the Easterlings turned to face the lone horseman, including those in the front line, who quickly fell to the three fighters's blades.
Ecthelion shot arrow after arrow into the Easterlings, wishing he had paid more attention to his tutor in archery, as his arrows missed his targets. The Easterlings were coming slower than before, but it was still a problem.
He thought quickly and charged near the three. Shouting to Aion, "Jump on, let's get out of here!"
Wielding a great battle-sword, no Easterling could stand against him. Slicing and hacking, he created a barrier of Easterlings, giving Durhen and Ardinlas a second to get their breath back before the horde came from the sides.
They were closing in.

[Edited on 18/9/2006 by Ecthelion_of_Gondolin]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 07:35
Ardinlas urged Shadow out of the battle, seeing the newcomer come in and help. "Retreat with us, sir!" she cried, as Shadow flew by in a blur. "We cannot defeat them! Follow me!" It took all the strength she had left so she wouldn't fall off her horse. She cling grimly to Shadow's mane and wrapped her legs around his sides. His side stained red, the mighty horse lunged through the melee, craving for the chance to be on open ground again.

(Welcome!!!!!)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 01:36
Durhen head the call to retreat, and so he did so. Sending Wind Chaser galloping away from the battle, seeming to vanish into the trees. He stopped long enough to make sure his companions were still alive. He grimaced at the sight of the battle. Pulling out his bow and shooting down as many enemies as he could.

OOC: Welcome its good to see this back in play.
Ecthelion_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 06:56
Ecthelion sliced an Easterling in half, and picked up the reins and urged Dawn away from the battle. Handing his bow to Aion, he asked "Do you know how to fire a bow? I don't. Would you shoot some of them for me?"
Lord_Elurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 05:12
(Sorry I didn't post before, I was Ecthelion told me he wanted to so I waited)

Aion glanced and Ecthelion and wondered where he had come from. But he jumped up onto Ecthelion's horse and shouted to Ecthelion that he was wounded in his arm. Then he reached down and started slicing at the Easterlings that were trying to drag him off.

He noticed that the Easterlings ranks were thinning but he decided that in the best intrests of the company they should flee. He shouted to Ecthelion to get them out of there and then the elven lady.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 07:22
Ardinlas led the escape party, mind intent on getting out of there. She acknowledged the newcomers with a nod then concentrated her efforts on figuring a place that would be safe for them. A rock outcropping about a mile away caught her eye, and Ardinlas shouted to the others, "This way!" She urged Shadow toward the outcropping, but not before she heard the sounding of feet trampling along behind them. Oh great, was her thought as they neared the rocks. Just what we need to have, a siege.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 08:07
Durhen pushed Wind Chaser onwards. Glad to be away from the battle. But it was not over yet, that he knew...He spotted the outcroping, but when he heard the following foot steps he felt a wave of despair, would it never end???
"Ardinlas, we have to get out of here, if we go to the rocks we will be trapped!"
Ecthelion_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 05:59
Ecthelion spotted a weak spot in the Easterling ranks and yelled, "This way!" He urged his horse into the ranks and plowed through, but waited on the other side for Durhen and Ardinlas, striking the hordesmen to the ground as they came.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2006 10:19
Durhen noticed Ecthelion break through the ranks of easterlings.
"This way!"

Durhen followed, eager to get away from the hordes. His sword cut left and right, he only hit to get them to back off, not to kill, his lust to just defeat his enemies was quickly passing, replaced with discust and sadness. He hated taking another's life...he was to young, how many of these people were forced into battle? How many women would lose husbands and sons? Durhen did not want to think about it.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 22, 2006 05:51
Ardinlas wheeled Shadow around and with a burst of speed, galloped after Ecthelion (though she didn't know his name at the time). She had sheathed Wyndfar and dug her hands into Shadow's mane, willing him to go faster. "Forget the battle, our lives will be forfeit if we don't leave here," she muttered to him. Hating to have to leave a battle, but valuing her life and the lives of her companions more, Ardinlas came abreast of Ecthelion and eased Shadow to match his mount's gait. "I am Ardinlas, daughter of Arinar. And who might you be?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2006 12:44
Durhen quickly broke free of the mob, and galloped after Ardinlas. He finally caught up with her and the newcomer. He slowed Wind Chaser down to their pace.
Durhen remained silent as Ardinlas tried to make conversation, he wanted to shake off the horrible feeling he had at the moment.
Ecthelion_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2006 04:59
"I am Ecthelion III, of the House of Hurin." he said, already riding away from the Easterlings, who were running after them, but were losing ground until they were out of sight. "And this is my horse, Dawn." He turned towards Durhen. "Are you alright?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2006 04:01
Durhen was startled out of his thoughts by being addressed. He looked up at Ecthelion, "Yes...yes, I'm quite alright. I am just not used to facing men. It is not easy for me to kill them...I'm Durhen, by the way. My companion," He motioned to his horse, "Is Wind Chaser."
"To where are you headed Ecthelion?"
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email