Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
Post At the End of All Things OOC
on: September 08, 2005 12:20
Ok, we need to move fast here. I have spoken with the moderator PB and we have outlined the main problem with the thread. Krev, so here's what we have to do, we have until this coming wednesday to remove Krev or the thread will have to leave COE. Now this shouldn't be too much of a problem, as long as we plan this carefully.
I can reveal that Sarac, Narya, Erestor, Ailia and Brenna are at teh final stages of the quest, the island is where I intended Krev and our group to face off. But please realise that this is by no means the end of the thread, indeed our characters can still continue dispite Krev's death. One might indeed say that it is just the tip of the ice berg.

So therefore we should try to catch Glorfindel, Ryn, Samen and Ainu up with the rest. Therefore I propose that we use the trusty Eagles of the Misty Mountains to transport them to Tol Morwen, for that is indeed where the rest are! Once there we proceed with the final showdown, and vanquesh Krev. Now as we lack the time to plan a brilliant reverse ritual for his little immortality spell, I would advise that we use a blessed weapon to KILL him off. Now there is Glorfindel's knife, that I know Krev has. So if we can get the knife off Krev, then someone can finish him off. What do you think?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: At the End of All Things OOC
on: September 08, 2005 12:59
souds like a plan to me! I like the eagles and knife-- and I'd love to keep the thread here, as long as we don't have to compomise the main points of the story too much.

*pokes shiny new ooc thread*

[Edited on 8/9/2005 by dreamdancer]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 03:08
Sounds good - and if that is all we must do I'd say go for it - but then we should work fast until Wednesday - so that we are sure this thread can stay.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 09:22
Agreed, any other thoughts?
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 10:27
LoremasterMiar you took the post write out of my head! Samen, as you may or may not know, has a falcon by the name of Ash that he can speak with. I already have half the post written as I type this post. I can post it if you all like and get this taken care of once and for all. I'm currenetly on AIM as we speak my name is IsildursHeir55 and I'll be on for a while if you can catch me and give me the go ahead.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 11:56
Nice one Legolas2, I like it. I've just posted myself. Lets all ave a good crack at Krev before we kill him though, we don't want to make it too easy do we?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 02:03
well I've posted... hope its alright. I'm cringing over it right now.
*cringe*
see?
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 05:36
Hey wait for meeeeee!!!!!!!

EVIL people. And EVIL time zone.

yeah that sounds just about right... exit Krev... and find another of Glorfindel's little loose ends left lying around...? He *really* needs to learn how to tie up loose ends. XD

Ahrgh wait. Question. Do they mean remove Krev from thread entirely (aka go back and edit posts like crazy), or kill him and forget about him?

[Edited on 9/9/2005 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 02:14
That is a good question.... We should make sure with the mods that what we did was ok....

And - LoremasterMiar, would you read my last post? Amarie actually did an emergency treatment for Narya's wound while you all were fighting - so I do not think that anyone could see the rock beneath it - there is a bandage around it!

But if my post is disturbing the flow of things - I have no problem with editing - just tell me...
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 04:00
Bleh... I have to try and remember what I put this morning now. *sigh*

Anyway, I think it was basically: I have a suggestion for a continue-ment... -ion? of the plotline - skipping off back to Rohan for a *cough* happy ever after (and a wedding. ^^) But anyway, I'm suggesting Rohan as it involves a bit of travel, so that gives us a chance for some fun along the way.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 08:07
yes! to Rohan! its been forever since we've been there!

..in fact, we havnt been there at all in this thread, have we? o_o

a wedding, yes! and there's still a child to be born at some point in time, still relationships to work on, and you know our characters have been in enough trouble to still have enemies running around. there's no telling what they could run into! :evil: *clings to thread* nooo, it cannot end!!

I certainly hope the mods will accept Krev just being defeated and therefore 'gone'... because thats the way its turned out, it seems
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 08:19
Yes, Rohan is a great idea, seeing as at least half the party have connections there and I for one want a change of scenary from Rivendell!
But now that we're back there we've got two characters nearly dead and three injured. So Glorfindel's packed u all off to seperate rooms and we do some nice non combat related posting! And then....well, Krev maybe gone but...I still need something for Rohan and our third outing.
Ideas are wanted, PLEASE!
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 04:39
Hmm... This idea isn't exactly related to any character past, but it was this *very* random thing that popped into my head... (I *did* happen to be reading excessive amounts of fanfic) They could get caught up with a ring of horse-thieves. (you know, they wanted elf-horses, there was a convenient party with elf-horses headed to Rohan...)

OR considering about half our characters come from Rohan, surely there is a loose end or two left lying around...?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 05:36
hmm, well, there were some baddies in MiR, but since we havnt completed that thread we don't know who got away and who didnt purple had a character who I think she wanted to escape in the end. I can see where that would be a loose end..
*ponders*
I just woke up, so my brain isnt working that fast I'll keep trying to come up with some ideas, though
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 10:41
*runs in a full volume, half dressed for bed*

ACK! I had an idea! And yes, it involves Hean. And I just need to get things up and running. So if we head to Rohan - or prefrably to Edoras for a bit of a side trip, I'm all good to go with evil plot twists and fun! :evil:
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 12:55
I like it! Yet another adversary from the past who once again wants revenge on our gallant band of heroes and heroines! But I have been wondering about something else, and that is Ryn's father, dd, I'm quite curious about him. Perhaps he could be tied into the plot in some way?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 01:00
As far as she knows, he died while she was an infant. That, at least, is what she's been told her whole life. There's a great chance that it wasnt true, of course, that he left for whatever reason, and morwen told her children he was dead to save them from some other grief? and I suppose he could just show up years later...

hmmm, this is interesting.. *ponders*
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 12:36
Sounds like a good idea to me dd! Anyway, now we have to deal with the matter of Elladan and Sarac. Now during an English Lit lesson, in which we are covering King Lear and have just done the disownment of Cordelia, it would seem to me to be appropriate to have Elladan banish Sarac from Rivendell, following their 'duel.'
I would, Legolas 2, prefer swords, or other weapons to fists as I think it keeps in with the fantasy genre, more than a match of fistycuffs.
So I have edited my post to allow for the banishment, and please provide feedback!

EDIT: Thanks for the edit L2!
[Edited on 14/9/2005 by LoremasterMiar]

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by LoremasterMiar]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 15, 2005 03:44
*pokes thread*

live! live!
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2005 11:09
LOL! So what are we going to do next? So far we have an idea to go to Rohan, and a possible plot line with Ryn's father, but Legolas 2, what about Sarac? And in particular I feel the need to divulge some more information about ATEOAT to the characters, maybe research in the fantastic Imladris library is in order?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 12:47
ooh, yes! Let them do some research They can be like us angelic little college students, researching for homework instead of *cough* playing on the computer...

As far as where to go after that, the journey back to Rohan could be full of surprises. Its not a short distance I don't have any more ideas at the moment, though... getting ready for work... *snarl*
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 02:13
Well Sarac still has a loose end to tie up. It's this whole big thing with this ancient evil that's been obsessed with beating Sarac down into dust and if Sarac kills him Sarac will live again so he's trying to find and kill him. But if, we pursue that course of action we risk getting banned; so that's not a very good idea... I'll try to think of something. In the meantime me and Aneras have a plan that will really set things off...
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 05:14
Brenna wouldn't be much help in a big libary dig as she can't really read, but that could be interesting.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 08:12
Good idea L2, we're still on thin ice here, so I would appreciate to be informed of any plans you ad Aneras cook up, for now. Also I really enjoy your plot lines, anyway for now, good work guys and keep it up!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 12:47
Ryn can't read well either shes just trying to learn, when she's not running from insane people who want to kill her...
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 04:25
*Gasps*

Can't read?! Well I *suppose* Erestor can remedy that... *evil grin*

ooh, yes! Let them do some research They can be like us angelic little college students, researching for homework instead of *cough* playing on the computer...

*Coughs* Same for me, except substitute "college" with "secondary school".
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 12:40
So, I just talked to LoremasterMiar and we came up with some ideas. As far as I understood it, we are still on thin ice with the rp, because of Sarac. So we were brainstorming about how we could get Sarac back to life and so back into the new rp rules.
We were discussing what in Middle earth could be powerful enough to do that and we came up with the idea, that it could be Galadriel's mirror and the water in it. And of course the power of love. And since Narya is out of the question and will remain with Elladan, there might be need of a new love for Sarac - so we came up with Ailia.

Now if he would fall in love with Ailia, wouldn't he do everyting for her - including trying to get his life back - then the combined power of love and the water out of Galadriel's mirror (with maybe a little elven magic from Glorfindel, Amarie and Erestor) could do the trick...
We also thought about this : Sarac could go on a quest to redeem his life, like a test and so prove worthy of Ailia's love.

So let us know what you think....

Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 01:00
That sounds good - but I don't think Galadriel's mirror is that good a choice... It might not be in working order any more, you know... Oh yay. And it seems no character in this RP is single anymore...? XD
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 02:38
Single characters in our RP? Eeesh... Anyway, we didn't start off with that many, if you count Samen and Brenna as already being one... Hang on... Okay, ignore me.

Anyway, what I was going to say was (apart from nancing about my new found touch typing skills) waaaaas... Great idea, you guys! *Squees and nances around the IT rooms scaring all the year 11s* I don't know about Galadriel's mirror either - it might have some reniment of power. Is Celeborn still around? We've already said that Cirdan is. They could be helpful.

*Swears loudly and bounces back* Oooh! Isn't the Elf Stone of Elessar meant to have some sort of power? Jeez, I've got to check that up in the HoME books when I get home... I'm sure it had some sort of healing properties... No, I really have to look at that. I'll post back as soon as pos. but banned from the 'net at the moment, so schools my only access point. I'll check that up tonight.

EDIT: And in a second rare moment of genius I figured I could check the encycopedia here, and...

It was said that the stone also held unusual properties…the wearer's hands could bring healing from injury. In a later version, this power extends over the land as well. This idea of healing may have been involved when it was said that the hands of the king would be the hands of a healer - the power may have been augmented by or derived from the Elfstone.

Is that of any use?

[/rabid]

(Link to that entry: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Encyclopedia&file=index&action=DisplayTerm&pn_vid=4&pn_id=4975)

[Edited on 20/9/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 11:04
Hey guys, a little bird told me I was being discussed.

First I want to apologize for putting us on thin ice. I'm sorry about that and it was never an intention of mine.

Secondly, Sarac knows what he has to do to become alive again. If you read Darkening of Mirkwood he learned how he has to live again. I'll admit that carrying out crusade could get us banned unless we played it the right way so if you all want to go with that then cool, let's do it.

If you don't want to read Darkening of Mirkwood I'll give you the story in a nutshell. Narya took out his soul and only Dark Sarac was left. Narya tricked Dark Sarac into telling her how to kill The King of the Ulrae. If Sarac kills The King of the Ulrae he'll live again. But the only way he can kill him is if he stabs him in the skull with a dragon tooth, soaked in the blood of a virgin Elf women. You can see how that might get us in more trouble.

Finally, I just want to say that Sarac is not going to fall in love with Ailia. Sorry but he is in love with Narya. It doesn't matter if she dies or anything because she's who he loves.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 12:26
Ok, thanks for the input L2. Loved the little Sarac - Ailia discussion and thanks for not ripping her limb from limb!
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 01:56
Okay I am at an absolute loss as to what to post for Sarac. The new character I want to bring in really can't/shouldn't be brought in until/unless we ever get on the road somewhere and Sarac can't leave/ be seen unless it's by Narya and Aneras hasn't posted for a while so Narya's been missing in action. Of course I've just remembered that I also have Samen in this thread a feel like an idot.

Well, still, if anyone has an idea as to what Sarac can be doing or should do please PM me or post here.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 11:43
Why not have him drop out of the radar for a while, leave Rivendell, and then we can pick him up on the way to Rohan? It would make sense that he woud remain near by because of Narya. However I think we still have a while to play through in Rivendell yet. Hey guys any ideas of how we should spend our time in Imladris before we head south?
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 01:20
*sighs* SO busy I haven't been round for a while. Hm.

Erestor and Amarie are currently... really caught up in their own affairs. I suppose Ailia could spark off a major book search for references to The End of All Things or something... Or she could try and locate her lineage. *ponderponderponder* Oh look. The *moment* I get the com someone *else* wants it too. *tragic sigh*
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 09:55
*sighs* SO busy I haven't been round for a while. Hm.

Erestor and Amarie are currently... really caught up in their own affairs. I suppose Ailia could spark off a major book search for references to The End of All Things or something... Or she could try and locate her lineage. *ponderponderponder* Oh look. The *moment* I get the com someone *else* wants it too. *tragic sigh*

I know the feeling. Anyway, some great ideas there, and indeed that is what I intend to do with Ailia at least. For alas Glorfindel needs to settle down for a quiet life, and so I need a new character. However I stil have to work out Ailia's powers.
Ok, so guys and gals, we need a plan of events through Imladris and what the incentive to go to Rohan is going to be? Post when ready!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email