Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: At the End of All Things OOC
on: January 11, 2006 08:08
Erm... LMM, where *does* the thread open? (As in, the continuation.) Sorry. Being a bit slow. But then again, I didn't see the new thread until ten minutes ago. Been busy. So are we still in Rivendell or in Rohan already?
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 10:27
d'oh! forgot to mention the book *kicks self* ok,well the book is the one Ailia found in Rivendell containing that ever so lovely extract related to At the End of All Things, to simplify things Glorfindel has the book, for now. As for where we are, we are in Rohan and have been for a few weeks now, I'm guessing we would be in the middle of preparations for Samen and Brenna's wedding, but of course that's not my decision. The point is that Rohan is where we are, in Glorfindel and Ryn's home village.

Sorry, been so busy with revisions I haven't had time to make everything clean...
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 09:46
Oooh, can I ask on behalf of Brenna/Samen (Hope this is okay, L2), if they can stay with Glorfindel and Ryn? Just until they get things sorted.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 11:36
errrr....we would love to have you, but is there room? Ailia is staying too remember and G's not exactly pleased with Samen, since he called him a 'coward' among other things...
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 04:51
Yeah... wouldn't Brenna have some digs of her own? Also would Glorfindel still be Samen's best man?

Finally, who's Hilligan? Or should I just read Murder In Rohan?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 06:12
I outlined MiR for you earlier in this thread, WS... Hiligan is Rynwyn's older (one-armed) brother.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 05:58
Sorry, missed the part about Hilligan.

Purple- I don't care where we are, put you should post first for us.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 12:39
Well, Glorfindel's still dealing with a lot, and he still dosn't want any part of this ATEOAT quest, but he's not gonna miss his best friends wedding?
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 05:43
Huston, we have a problem.

Like, seriously. My parents have gone "OMG you suck no more internet for yoooou".

So I'm limited to being good for the next however long. And wondering why sneaking my G/friend into the house is such a bad thing.

Anyway, I might be back on regulary (I never did learn how to spell that word) by the end of the week. Otherwise, I have no idea.

I'm going to post now, and I should be able to get on most days from school, but I can't promise that. And if things get really bad, I'll attack the libary like I did in the summer.

So, yeah, anyway...

Okay, I'll assume Brenna/Samen have acquired a house at somepoint with Brenna's well earned cash. Actually, L2, as you need to know this, that's the money from the jobs she had that were *good*, like saving the king.

Also to L2, but also to those involved in MiR, I'm writting up MiR as I did It All Started In An Inn, so when that's done (but I'm lazy and it could take a while), I can send that to you if you want me to.

Anyway, I'd better run and reply before my dear mother gets into school. Ta-ta for now.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 04:46
Ok well here's hoping everything goes to plan.... *crosses fingers*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 05:50
I'll post soon. I havnt been feeling very well, but as soon as this blows over and I can concentrate well enough to write, I'll get up another post.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 01:46
WOW! How do I follow a post like that? DD, I may well have to take my time with this one!
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 02:10
OK well I'll need to post to bring in Ailia and to of course have G talk to Hiligan. I'll get down to it soon.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 12:52
GAH! I called myself a writer and I forget rule 1 of any story, a cohesive plotline! Well now it's time to amend this little oversight, roll on first adventure.
Ok, Glorfindel is obviously in a extremely foul mood, worse than usual I'm afraid. Now I plan a little bit of retrubtion here as one of the locals winds up dead, after a brawl with Glorfindel. A little who done it I thought...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 09, 2006 01:01
okies, we have some plotting ideas for this thread.

Way earlier we entertained the idea of Rynwyn's father- believed to be dead- returning to the thread. LMM and I discussed this idea a bit, and came up with this possibility:

Purple, if its ok with you, we could say that Ryn's dad (he's still nameless) is in league with Cuan- or at least knows him- and if so, depending on what your plans for Cuan are, could be helping him in whatever he's going to be doing.

Ryn's dad's history is that he went off to battle while Ryn was an infant and never returned- therefor believed to be dead. The truth is that he was taken captive. His story could take two turns there. If he's going to be helping Cuan, we could say he stayed in captivity until he was rescued somehow by Cuan and owes him a debt. If not, he escaped but never returned home because he was too ashamed, and basically didn't care all that much about his family.

So he magically shows up again. He'll probably dislike Glorfindel like most of the villagers, and probably have something against all of the characters for one reason or another. If he's working with Cuan then he has a hidden purpose for returning- if not, he's going to stir up general trouble, or anything else I can think of.

Ideas/input on that, anyone?

And also, Ryn is probably going to give birth soon. We're going to say she's pretty close to her due date for the sake of speeding things along.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2006 06:03
hey dd - we should talk about the birth then (if you want an easy one or a hard one, if it's a boy or a girl, etc.....) - so, let's chat about that on msn a bit......

liswen
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2006 11:07
done! Whenever I get a chance to post next, I'm going to go ahead and have Ryn go into labour. I just don't think she'd get through all this stress without it, and I'd rather go ahead and get it done. much going on at once!
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2006 12:11
Sounds like a good idea to me! How would you prefer for Cuan to get involved? Either way's good.

Gods, I need to get online at some point to talk to y'all real time, but I might not be able to because of *rolls eyes* deadlines, etc. Hopefully I will, anyway.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 02:04
LABOUR! LABOUR! I go on holiday and Ryn goes into Labour! (Glorfindel faints in shock)

EDIT: WOW! Those posts are fantastic! I am truly awed by the effort, and thank you all for putting such effort it there. (Revives Glorfindel). However I must ask you all to leave things where they are for the moment, as Glorfindel and Ailia need to do some major catching up!
I feel that if I was to post now I would not be able to live up to the simply top notch standard posts, so I would request that you all wait for me to try and come up with something to match that. Therefore I'm going to hold off until the weekend before I make any move in the actual thread. I'l still post in the OOC, but that'll be it.
So once again thank you all so much, and I better getting planning!

[Edited on 14/2/2006 by LoremasterMiar]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 04:45
there's the proud daddy! *pokes Glorfindel*

I probably won't be posting again (since you asked us not to) but if I find myself completely unable to restrain myself, it will just be a follow up post to Liswen's awesome post, basically ending up at the same point where she left off. No catching up for you there. But the weekend? How shall we survive until then? *falls over dramatically* welcome back, btw
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 06:02
THE WEEKEND!!!! HOW CAN YOU EXPECT US TO WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!!

*Walkers_Shade shoves his muse of the keyboard*

Sorry about that, he got out of his cage.

Anyway I think I can wait

*muse screams in terror*

Anyway I have an idea. Since it seems that we're going to be having a huge mob after us I was also thinking people could maybe start recognizing Samen and remembering what he did and even though he's good now people don't easily forget what he did.

There's also thecruel tricks he pulled on Angelus and Krev that Glorfindel could tell if Samen's pushed him too hard.

I'm :evil:
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 04:17
Hey, don't abuse the muse or I'll steal it! I need a new one, mine have been misbehaving. *glares at Jack, who's bright idea it was to drink rum on monday*

I'm happy to wait, only 'cos it gives me a chance to recover my typing skills and catch up on some of the school work I'm *meant* to be doing.

*sidles of to do some catching up posting. *
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 05:58
*dancing*

A late valentine for all you lovely people. I figured I shouldn't just keep it for two of you, since you're all glompable... so here it is!

the way things are looking I won't be able to post til this weekend anyway o_o *throws things at college*
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 06:16
Don't worry Purple, Angelus (my muse) got sucked into the vacum cleaner yesterday night during South Park episode. He's alright though.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 12:26
BY THE MIRACLES OF TECHNOLOGY I HAVE POSTED! FOR A DAY NOW I HAVE STRIVED TO CREATE THE BEST DARN POST I HAVE EVER DONE! BY ELBERETH AND LUTHIEN THE FAIR I SURE HOPE I'VE DONE JUST THAT...OTHERWISES PROCLAIMING IT IN THE SILLY OVER STATED TONE IS DOING LITTLE MORE THAN AN ABYSSMAL IMPRESSION OF GLORFINDEL (OR AILIA).
So therefore my friends I leave my piece for your scrootiny, so feedback would be very much appeciated. Anyway, I'm STILL away, it's just there's internet cafe where I'm staying so I'm here while the rest of my clan are playing dominos.
Anyway Walker, I like the idea about the villagers recognising Samen, but I feel it might be wise to hold it off for a bit, savour the moment of little Kayla's birth (Yes! I've picked a name, sorry buttercup!) but I wish to make it known now that I want have Glorfindel deal with the consequences of his actions, in the form of being summoned the Edoras to answer for Eomer. WS, how about we tie those to things together? Glorfindel and Samen could be exiled for a while little while, or incarcerated for their crimes (I take it Eomer is blissfully ignorent of both his and Skyla's past.) Anyway I'm not sure about you, but I wish to work on building up Ailia's character for a while, but also to further a possible line for the bad guys.
DD, it might even give us a reason for Ryn's dad to 'dislike' Glorfindel even more, a no good heart breaking, neighbour killing traitor?
I've just kicking out ideas, so feedback for this too please...

Right I gtg, and Liswen well done on two frankly superb posts, I really felt involved in the story there and I must say I found it very hard to follow such marvelous work.

I hope I did ok...

Anyway, byes and hugs and love to you all.

Take care

LMM
(having fun in moderately sun coniditions with scattered cloud cover)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edited for language
Bereth

[Edited on 16/2/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 01:00
GAH some absolutely gorgeous posts there... No idea at all how I'm to follow.

Has Glorfindel been reading too much Shakespeare...? That style of speaking is getting SOOOO.... familiar. XD Not that it's a bad thing, lol. ><

I think it would be a good idea to have to drag Glorfindel up in front of Eomer... Think of all the angst it could cause Ryn! *sadistic grin*

Btw, happy valentine's day all and enjoy your holiday, LMM!

[Edited on 15/2/2006 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 03:10
I must agree with Sirithros that the last few posts have been wonderful. I also agree that someone has been reading too much Shakespeare. We're reading Macbeth in my English Lit. class and that style is very farmiliar to me.

Aside from all that I just want to ask LMM, what, exactly, was happening in the bottom third of your post? The last time we had Orcs teaming up with human we nearly got kicked from the site. I assume you're not bringing someone back from the dead, or the depths (but no one else is down there is there?) I'd just like to know.

Finally, Me, Purple, and DD were chatting on MSN the other day and Purple came up with an idea. I was thinking about having Glorfindel to let slip or blatanly tell the others what Samen did to Krev or to Angelus. It'd add a little dum... dum... dum...
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 03:20
Oh my god Walkers_Shade - we're doing Macbeth for lit. too. And I just finished an essay this morning on the relationship between Lady M and Macbeth... ><

And LMM...? Was re-reading your post, and I think Amarie has fallen asleep in Glorfindel and Ryn's room (Morwenna left her there) so she wouldn't be outside...?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 03:38
ooh, I love Macbeth. *fair is foul and foul is fair

And you're right, Siithros, but I've talked to Lis and when I post next (hopefully somtime today) I'll wake Amarie up and move her out of the room (probably as Glorfindel is coming in), so that Ryn can give her a quick thank-you.

and yesh! I'm in awe of all the awesome posts! thats why I love writing with yall ^_^ yall are all great writers!
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 01:16
And just *how* am I supposed to follow posts like that?! *mock glare*

Oh yes, just wanted to check with you guys, but would it be ok if my friend Autumn_Winds joined us so's she can take over Lante? I figured I wasn't rping her quite as well as I should because there's something of a sub-plot between Liswen and myself stemming from that... Do tell me what you think, k?

~ Siri
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 06:36
First of all - great posts you all.....

and Siri - your friend taking over Lante is fine by me...

Liswen
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 17, 2006 12:45
*is dying from man flu that she caught off her father.* Of course, I get in the holidays. *uninpressed*

Anyways, OMGEZZZZ! Awesomest posts! :disco:

Siri, that's good with me, so if she's willing to face the cliffhangers with us...

Heh. We're doing Othello, thank the heavens 'cos we did Macbeth and Midsummer nights dream for the last five years. But now I'm doing Midsummer for Drama (meant to be learning lines now 0_o) so all things shall be peace.

On what WS said: it could either be Glorfy, or Cuan when he comes in. Which ever works best.

*runs off to try and do some of the holiday work she's been set despite illness*

*SNEEZE*

OOh, forgot to mention, spent a while yesterday writting what we have of this post into a novel format (with chapters et alls 'cos it was getting too long and confusing). If anyone wants to go through and beta it for me then that would be appriciated. I've put it into English rather than American English because that's easier for me.

[Edited on 17/2/2006 by purplefluffychainsaw]
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2006 02:17
OOh, forgot to mention, spent a while yesterday writting what we have of this post into a novel format (with chapters et alls 'cos it was getting too long and confusing). If anyone wants to go through and beta it for me then that would be appriciated. I've put it into English rather than American English because that's easier for me.

That just about proves that birds of the same plumage tend to congregate.

I'VE BEEN DOING THAT TOO OVER THE PAST YEAR.

Anyway I wouldn't mind some more reading material... *hint hint*

Sympathies 'bout the flu. Seems like whenever someone in *school* gets it, sooner or later the *whole* school will, so I guess I know how it feels... ><

To quote a friend of mine :
"Fair is foul and foul is fair
Macbeth has too much facial hair."

One day I will scan in the lousy illustration in my lit book so you can see what I mean.

When I acquire a scanner.

Anyway, Liswen if it's ok with you... Ahrgh I will try to get you over msn 'cos there's some stuff Autumn_Winds needs to work out (little nitty-gritty details; there's a reason I asked her to take over and flesh out Lante )...yes?
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2006 07:23
Right, well I'm back. *siddles into normality again* and after a lengthy discussion on msn, involving pretty much every player from the thread I believe that I have finally managed to form the basic plotline for the group.

Our main baddie this time is Cuan, an old 'friend' from MIR, now he is out for one thing and that is revenge. Unfortunately, as two previous attempts have shown, brute force is not going to be enough, so this time, he thinks a little outside of the box. Stealth is the name of the game here, as we can all see the relationships within the group starting to fracture. So, in true evil fashion, Cuan uses this to his advantage, seeking to divide and conquer the heroes. My first idea was to have Glorfindel banished/imprisoned for killing Faeolaf. For Samen, his past could catch up with him too, thus removing the two of them from their friends and loved ones.

From discussions with Liswen and Siri, the Amarie-Erestor-Lante issue is only going to grow, and of course this is going to greatly affect the others. From here, I thought there could be operatives of Cuan's within the village, to help spur rumours along and work on bringing things down from the inside. The final step would be for he and his followers to swoop in for the final blow, once the group is in complete disarray.

This is only an idea for now, so please post any more ideas or bits that I might have left out, as I currently have some major jetlag. :dizzy:
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2006 10:16
In case you're wondering why I'm having Samen kind of breakdown is because he hates being back in Rohan because that's where he's done his worst deeds. And now with a "clear" conscious he wants to settle into a normal life but he's still wracked with guilt and he wants to resolve "The End Of All Things" and it's becoming a bit too much.

I want to have him leave everyone for a bit to clear his head but while's he's out people start recognizing him and get really really mad. I was also thinking he could inadvertantly run into Cuan, without knowing who he is, and accidentaly leading him straight to the others.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email