Register

Author Topic:
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Wayward Vagabonds
on: February 10, 2007 01:09
((Stef himself is contagious. ))

Denthor glared down at the stranger from atop his grey horse. The mare was docile for the most part, but she had been trained how to use her hooves and he greatly itched to send her the signal for them. But he held back, knowing - and cursing his knowing and the fact he cared - that it would upset Stef if a potential friend/ally was run into the ground by a horse. His horse.

"There is no country 'Down', true enough," the swordsman acknowledged gruffly. "And again you're on the mark when you guess I mean to be rid of you. Whether by words or by the sword - which I have no reservations about using! - I plan to keep you from this pack of ours. It is already too large."

There, his intent had been stated and to Denthor's slight shock, Stef seemed to be at a loss for words for the briefest of moments.

The red-head hadn't expected such an omission from Denthor at all. Often getting the swordsman to speak was akin to pulling teeth, but for some reason, Denthor was uncharacteristically talkative today. Stef decided it was best to make the swordsman accept the decision he had come to quietly.

"Well then, gentlemen," the red-head said, casting a reproving glance at Denthor to let the swordsman know just how disgusted he was with him. "It would seem we have reacched an impass, would it not?"

"Gentlemen, pardon my interruption," Kemen said clearly, "but as amusing as thy performance is, the road that lies before us gets no shorter as we stand here. Prithee, carry on thy conversation as we travel."

Startled, having nearly forgotten Kemen in his frantic thinking process, Stef turned to see the rather disgruntled Elf looking very annoyed from the pillion seat on Juniper's back.

"He has a point you know," Denthor remarked.

Stef's brilliant idea of having the two duel it out faded right away. He thought briefly about becoming sullen and using that to encourage Denthor to let the stranger in, but dismissed the idea. More likely the gruff swordsman would simply hit him over the head, sling him across Juniper's back and continue on.

"If you're in such a hurry," Stef drawled, "then you can go on. I intend to look for a comfortable bush to use. I'll be back in a little while. And, Denthor," he added, as he started into the forest, "I'll never forgive you if you disappear while I'm gone."

Stef though himself rather clever by his twisting of the situation. Perhaps this would work out nicely.

Denthor glared at Stef as the red-head disappeared. Vaguely he wished he dared leave the bard behind, but it wasn't worth the trouble. So, for the moment at least, it seemed he was still stuck in the dubious company of the stranger, whose name he still did not know. He chose the easiest way to remedy his dilemma. "What's your name, stranger?"
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 04:31
((Kemen's becoming annoyed.))

"If you wish to walk the rest of the way, seeing as I am seated on your horse at the moment, I shall leave," Kemen said, shifting again, but this time fully into the saddle. He leaned forward and stroked Juniper's neck.

"You're not going to like this, but your master needs to be taught a lesson," he whispered in elvish, hoping the mare would understand. "With your permission, we're going to ride to that bend in the path ahead of us and wait for him. Just to see what happens." He made no move to take up the reins, trusting Juniper to make her own decisions regarding Stef.

Summe, on the other hand, had already made her decision. With a neat toss of her head, she flicked her reins from Kemen's hand and moseyed her way down the path. She, like her master, was annoyed with the red-haired two legs and his strange mannerisms, and she hoped the red-haired two legs' horse would follow her as she left.

Kemen made no move to stop Summe as the mare moved down the path. He knew that she would come at his whistle if he needed her. And besides, she wasn't going that far. Kemen settled to wait for Juniper's decision, stroking Hwesta's feathers as the goshawk settled on his arm.

((I really want to see how Juniper decides... ))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 04:24
(((Kemen has a right to be annoyed. I'd be annoyed. lol)))

Juniper watched as her master disappeared off into the woods. She could feel the alien presence of someone not her master on her back, but it didn't make her uneasy. Stef had dragged this rider up onto her, after all, and she trusted his decisions. She also obeyed his commands. However, given the current situation, and the lack of commands issued, she thought it rather prudent to follow her master.

The rider who was on her had a horse, but for some reason was not riding her. That horse - one that smelled like rasberries to Juniper's nose - began to saunter off, for all the world like she was to be leading the herd. Slightly affronted, Juniper threw her head up and stalked off after Stef, ignoring the protests coming from her back. Her master hadn't ordered her to stand, and he certainly hadn't told he to go with this rider. Therefore, she would find him and ask him exactly what he wanted her to do.

Her mind made up, Juniper broke into a slightly faster gait - more of a rolling walk than an actual trot, but slightly uncomfortable all the same. She rounded a bend and there was Stef, leaning against a tree, his hands behind his head, staring up into the foliage. Juniper stalked forward, then nudged him hard in the chest to make him open his eyes. He did and laughed. She snorted, telling him in no uncertain terms that she was very upset with him for leaving her with no direct orders.

"Sorry, love," he said, running his hand up and down her silken neck. Then he cast a glance up to Kemen who had moved from pillion to the real saddle. "Stand," he whispered to Juniper, and the mare planted all four feet, holding perfectly still. She wouldn't budge until he asked her to.

"So it would seem Juniper's brought you to me," Stef said, cocking his head slightly to one side. "Did you follow me or was it her doing in its entirety?" He paused, closing his eyes for a moment. "No, don't answer me that - I know she brought you. You're just getting annoyed with my delays, correct?" Stefan was guessing, but as with most of his guesswork, it hit the mark nearly perfectly. He could tell by the expression on Kemen's face. The Elf wasn't particulary happy to be in the company of so many others and then to top it off, a maddening human taking all the time in the world to conduct simple business...

Stef smothered a smile at the thought, and the mental image that sent to him. "Well, may as well be going back then," he said tactfully. "Though," he added, glancing at the saddle, "you may have to guide Juniper because I won't be able to see sitting behind you." Without waiting for any sort of reply - and indeed, not expecting one - Stefan swung up behind Kemen, settling himself easily on the pillion seat and loosely wrapping his arms about the Elf's waist for balance.

"Tell her 'at ease', and she'll move again," he whispered into the ear of the Elf. "Otherwise she'll stand here for days and never move an inch, no matter what you do."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 04:29
((*snrk* Ah, Stefan. :love: ))

Much to Kemen's chargrin, Juniper followed Stefan into the trees. He was tempted to drop from the moving horse's back, but decided against it with a sigh. The elf was in no mood to walk the rest of the way to Harad, seeing as Summe was still unable to carry him, and he wasn't about to hitch a ride with anyone else. He was... comfortable with Stefan around, despite the infuriating nature of the red-clad human.

"It would be most appreciated if you just got on with things - these delays are driving me out of my mind," Kemen said sharply, more sharply than he usually spoke. "I would leave your group on my own if I could, but it appears I cannot since my blasted -" His tongue chose that moment to tie itself in knots as Stef swung up into the pillion seat behind him. And used Kemen's waist for balance.

And to top it all off, spoke directly into his ear. Kemen jerked forward, clapping a hand over the delicate point that was being bothered by Stef's breath. The elf hated it when people did that. Shooting the human a glare over his shoulder, he did as Stef had suggested.

"At ease," he said, and gently turned the mare back towards the group, nudging her into a slow trot.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 04:39
(((Dentor's still waiting for Celtic's reply...)))

Stef laughed a little as Kemen turned Juniper around. "Not one for whispered conversations, then, are you?" he commented to the trees. "Well, no matter then."

He was silent as the two of them rode Juniper slowly out of the forest and back to where Denthor, the others and the stranger were still congregated. Stef wondered vaguely if perhaps there was something he could do to make the time pass quicker...maybe make this whole thing more interesting.

One quick glance at the side of Kemen's face told him though, that if he insisted on making something interesting, he'd better figure out a way to do it without causing any more delays. That at least would give him food for thought for another few hours, assuming Kemen's reaction to him climbing up pillion didn't.
CelticRain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 08:20
Jahael looked up at the swordsman, a glint of annoyance in his eye. Who did this man think he was, speaking to him with such contempt? Certainly, he was not arrogant and did not think he was above the man, but he did at least hope for a little more respect. It looked like he wasn't going to get it, though, judging by the swordsman's tone and the intentions he expressed towards to the thief. Jahael wasn't entirely sure he'd be able to interact civilly with this man. Did he really want to join the group? Yes, yes, of course. Safety in numbers, isn't that what they said? Not that Jahael usually traveled in numbers, anyway, and was none the worse for it. Regardless, this would be a nice change.

Wait - was he really looking for company? Willingly? Something must really be wrong with me, he thought to himself.

He chose to respond to the man instead of dwelling on his private thoughts.

"You are rather forward, if I may say so, sir," the thief began. "And I am really no one of tremendous consequence; you will gain little by knowing who I am. But nevertheless, I find myself inclined to answer you. I am Jahael, swordsman. Would it be untoward for me to ask your identity, now that I have revealed to you mine?"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 03:03
Tilitha had sheathed her sword a long while ago, and was just watching the events unfold before her. This new character was pretty closed mouth about himself, only recently and reluctantly giving him name. She was almost ready to scream during Jahael and Stef's showdown of words and who could twist them better.

Soon Stef and Kemen had gone off somewhere, and Denthor and Jahael didn't seem to be going anywhere. With a sigh she shook her head and started walking forward. As she passed between the two she said.

"Jahael, this is Denthor, and I'm Tilitha. Now that we know each other how about we get a move on instead of standing and waiting for the end of Time?"

Tilitha never could sit, or stand, still for very long. Especially when something needed to be accomplished.

"Find Stef and Kemen too please," she said over her shoulder, "I'd like to get somewhere before I die," she muttered under her breath.

She continued to quickly walk forward, not looking back, and even passed Kemen's horse. If they followed her or not, she really didn't care at the moment. Tilitha just needed to move and get away from the crowd.

((Hopefully that's all right, just moved it a bit for now))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 08:16
Stef laughed a little as Kemen turned Juniper around. "Not one for whispered conversations, then, are you?" he commented to the trees.

"Not in my ear, thank you very much," Kemen snapped at the human behind him. While he was usually calm and reserved, there was something about Stefan that annoyed him - and drew him out of his shell at the same time. Strange combination, that.

They reached the others just as Tilitha disappeared around the bend in the path. Kemen glanced at the others, and turned Juniper along the path. There was no way in the Void that he was going to stand here doing nothing for any longer. And if Stef didn't like that decision, tough luck. Kemen was guiding Juniper at the moment, by Stefan's decision.

Summe was waiting for them just around the bend. She snorted at the other mare and tossed her head, as if to say, Silly red-haired two-legs. Kemen reached out and rubbed her nose gently as he slowed Juniper to a walk.

"It seems Juniper is very loyal to Stefan," he whispered to her in elvish. "She won't do anything unless she's given a direct order." Summe snorted in derision at that - she couldn't believe a horse would do such a thing. Take direct orders like a slave, and from an annoying two-legs like Stefan? Never! She tossed her head again and began to walk forward.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email