Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
Post Orlando Bloom
on: December 18, 2002 08:07
There seems to be a lot of little threads in this forum about Orli, and they are getting a little difficult to keep track of. So I thought that a single thread devoted to our favorite elf would be a good thing. I think it needs a better name, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. In the meantime, any ideas?

~*Vala*~
hobbit_girl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Orlando Bloom
on: December 18, 2002 08:08
here's a couple links to some interesting things i found on Elijah and Orlando.

Vote: (i strongly encourage males to NOT click this link) http://www.ym.com/stars/nov2102.jsp

Orlando: http://www.ym.com/stars/nov2002.jsp

Elijah: http://www.ym.com/stars/nov1902.jsp

Seanthi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 08:18
I just read a short interview with Orlando Bloom in the paper and apparently it could have been so that he hadn't played the part at all.
A few years ago he fell from the third floor and hurt his back, but he had a surgery and as we all know he is okay.
frodosluvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 08:18
yeah i read that awhile ago too...........apparently he like walked out of the hospital 13 days after his surgery......on crutches of course..................i am so glad that he was able to play Legolas though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is sooooooooo HOTT!!!!:drool::drool::drool::heart::blush::love:
~Ascarantwen_the_Elf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 08:19
Wow , he tells this story in almost every interview...it's getting old....@.@
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 08:20
Well he can't assume that everyone knows..and...if that happened to me (and actually something very like that has happened to me, not nearly as severe though), people ask about it and the story just becomes something to tell folks. Kind of an explanation...and it's just great to be okay after the whole ordeal. He's probably *still* in shock.
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 08:21
I have 2 agree with ~Ascarantwen_the_Elf~. The back accident is pretty global now.

iarfalaswen
WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 12:19
I heard he initially tried out for another role-I think it was Faramir.

@-'-,------------
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 01:15
Yes, he tried for Faramir, but got the messages pretty quick that he didn't fit in, but if he would like to try for Legolas.
hobbit_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 01:40
Yes, he tried for Faramir, but got the messages pretty quick that he didn't fit in, but if he would like to try for Legolas.

Faramir? i don't think he could've done that role at all! so far he's done a great job as legolas...
Ainulindale
Last Homely Housekeeper
& Gallery Shirriff

Send Message
on: December 20, 2002 08:06
yup i don't think he'd have fit faramir at all! he's nearly 20 years younger than Sean Bean, and a lot younger than Miranda Otto. I wonder who else could have made a good legolas............
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 08:23
Oh yeah, Orlando was also interviewed by TeenPeople in the Dec/Jan edition with Justin Timberlake on the cover.

[Edited on 4/1/2003 by Lady~Eowyn]
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 01:54
have i told you all the story of when i first saw orlando bloom??? its not very interesting

i had seen the film but not bothered looking up any cast stuff- i was watching "so graham norton..." and they said right now we have the actor who plays legolas....... i expected some blonde haired blue eyed boy and got

a gorgeous dark haired dark eyed male *thud* i was blown away- loved his hair loved his eyes :drool::drool:
Airetasarë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:41
Ok, I just opened my new YM an dother than being disgusted by Christina Agulairia on the cover I found Legolas on the calender promoting the new movie!!! But I didn't get it at first...why him? why not like Aragon or Frodo? bigger characters, when it hit me, O YEA! Legolas is the one always drooled over. use poor Orli's looks to drag people in for cash. how typical

**just had to say that he he**

(Note: This and the following few messages were merged from another thread.)

[Edited on 12/26/2002 by Valaöré]
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:44
Just like they have that copy of the Two Towers with Legolas/Orlando on the cover. They have discovered their key to doubling all sales!
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:45
You want my honest opinion I would be shocked if they had a Fellowship member OTHER than Legolas in YM...I mean think about it...you really think they're going to stick one of the older guys in there? Or Gimli, perhaps?
Moved to Casting Forum...
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:45
Maybe YM could feature Elijah too, but other than that, I think those are the only characters those readers would be interested in.
WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:46
Because he's pretty? I still think Elijah Wood looks very young. Although after a few dozen reqatchings, I am warming to him.

What is this magazine? Can I get it in England?

@-'-,--------
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:47
YM= Young Miss, as far as I know....I'm not sure about
England
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:49
Ok, I just opened my new YM an dother than being disgusted by Christina Agulairia on the cover I found Legolas on the calender promoting the new movie!!! But I didn't get it at first...why him? why not like Aragon or Frodo? bigger characters, when it hit me, O YEA! Legolas is the one always drooled over. use poor Orli's looks to drag people in for cash. how typical

LOL! how true... *laughs*
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:50
YM did feature Elijah! They have a special edition or whatever. One with Orlando and the other with Elijah.
Princess*of*mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:53
Would you prefer Legolas/Orli to be blonde or brunette ( black-haired)? Personally, i think he is cute either way!!!!:drool::drool:
WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:54
Wow. Legolas thread 3759034583 coming our way. *Sniggers*
I think it suits him blond. Although I usually prefer dark. But he should be blond.

@-'-,---------------
~Ascarantwen_the_Elf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:55
I agree WR, I just pictured him with brown hair....very strange... Even if I prefer brown or black hair, it would just look weird on him.
Elbereth_Jones
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:57
Darker hair suits Orli.
Blond suits Legolas.
Simple as that. I don't really have a preference- sometimes I go for dark guys and sometimes I go for guys with blondish or sandy hair, but Legolas just has to be fair, IMO.
Princess*of*mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 03:58
I agree with all of you. But! He si cute, ,all teh same.
flare
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2002 01:19
Orlando Bloom is the hottish member in the fellowship. I am so gonna see his next movie.:drool:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 12:33
If oyu have the YM edition(January) then you can read alot about those two. Like how Orli cracked his skull 3 times. Broke both legs, etc. That's alot of broken bones.
Tara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2003 08:22
um....I know that this has been brought up about Elijah, but I haven't seen a thread questioning Orlando's sexual preference anywhere. I have read some interesting tidbits about him being bisexual...although they have all been on the internet so I don't trust them particularly. Any thoughts or info on the subject? Has anyone heard of The Deed Poll? Is it a Hoax?
Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere...but I couldn't find it...

Peace
Bethelarien_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2003 08:30
I heard Orly was gay, but that was from one of my friends that hates LotR. So it's not very reliable.

If he really is gay, man, what a shame.
WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2003 08:58
Well, he did say these:
"No matter how straight you feel, Atti is the man who makes you reconsider."
~on Andre Schneider~

"I always loved his soft voice and his looks. So it was quite easy to fall in love with him."
~on Andre Schneider~

Ah, who cares. Its not like we have a chance anyway!

@-'-,--------------
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 09, 2003 01:43
Oh yes, I love it when we get to hear elves talk! I love their soft voices.
WingedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2003 09:08
IMDB says he made an uncredited appearance in series 1 of The Office. Does anyone know if that's true?

Also, how long is his cameo as the rentboy in Wilde?
nurrcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2003 05:33
I heard Orly was gay, but that was from one of my friends that hates LotR. So it's not very reliable.

If he really is gay, man, what a shame.

okay, like if he was gay, it would be SUCH a horrible thing. tone down the homohatred, okay? it's not a bad thing. i have lots of gay friends, and it bugs me when people are so ignorant. besides, i wouldn't mind seeing orli w/ another guy! :drool:
WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2003 03:54
Honey, if you think thats homophobic, you're lucky! I've had alot worse.
I think they were joking about not bein able to marry him. :heart::cry: Oh well.
I think everyone is a little bit anyway.

@-'-,-----------
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email