Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post Becoming a Ranger
on: October 02, 2006 03:37
This is a story about a half elf named Amdireth. She has been knoiwn to be a trouble maker in her small town. She is then sent away by her family and she has to be able to make her own way. She decides as she's on the road that she wants to become a Ranger. So far she is headind to Rivendell from her twon, she hopes to pick up supplies and maybe a horse. She is about to meet someone on the road, whoever comes first can be that person. I hope that fills you in, this is going to be a journey to Gondor and Amdireth is going to become a Ranger. Any questions?
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Becoming a Ranger
on: October 03, 2006 09:04
My character is Amdireth, she is rude and rough sometimes, she is not trusting. She is planning to make her way to Gondor to become a Ranger.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 09:59
Ok, my character is Nathron, he is old (and I mean from the first age) cautious but open, he is usually not comfortable around large crowds. He is accompanying Amdireth on her way to Gondor (although she doesn't know that yet, she thinks that he is only accompanying her to Rivendell)
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 11:03
HI just a few questions and statements ...

right, so were going to rivendell. But rivendell/imladris is in the NORTH and gondor in the SoUTH so it doesnt make sense to go up for provisions and horses and then come all the way back down again. MAYBE a good idea would be for Amdireth to want to train with the rangers in the north, Eg aragorns group before he bacame king...................

Also minstrell of the daw, just a quick note to say that Simrahil is just as old as Nathron, if not older. Look him up on the rpg characters and youll understand. THanks, i dont meen to be horrible if it sounds at all like that but i just need to get a few things straight.

[Edited on 6/10/2006 by Irmo_of_lorien]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 11:09
Hey minstral of the dawn, ive just read Nathron again in the rpg characters and i have an idea. maybe part of the storyline could be that Simrahil and Nathron used to be friends, or even relatives in Valinor, but in the crossing they lost each other and have forgotten about each other since. Just a thought
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 06:29
Hmm...that is actually an interesting idea. Perhaps that would be fun to play. I'm game. (for my character)
And I almost think that we need to travel by foot for a while. It would make the task more interesting at the very least.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 03:29
Alright everyone, Imo is right, I wasn't think about the direction where we were going. I think it would be good since we have already set a course for Rivendell that my character joins the Rangers in the North. Maybe later they can have a quest down in Gondor, but for now Northward we go!
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 09:56
right, so now we are going sout ,,,,,,and in one day weve reached the gap of rohan when weve come from rivendell.

THis doesnt make sense. I thouight we were joining the rangers in the north..

PLEASE HELP and i thing the mods are going to be confused aswell. can someone decide abpout where were going and be realistic about trevelling
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 12:48
you're right Irmo, we are supposed to be going North, but I'm confused as well. I'm going to look up the exact location where we are supposed to be heading, I'm going to delete my last post. Please any other questions post them here. I'm really sorry about this because I'm also confused. I will get us back on track.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 12:57
Alight everyone, I'm really sorry about the confusion. Here we go....now we are supposed to be heading to Arnor from what I've read and the best way to get there from Rivendell is first to head through a place called the Trollshaws. please either go to the encyclopedia or to the maps and check out the direction we are heading. I hope this makes sense.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2006 05:17
I think I understand now!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 12:00
Okay everyone, here are some ideas for after Amdireth's training and stuff. I'm thinking she is deffinately going to head back to her home town to show how great she has become, but I'm thinking that her home town is going to be destroyed by some Uruks or something like that. Almost everyone will have been destroyed in the battle, or massacre is more what I'm thinking and so she'll basicly be a lone traveling ranger, no home or anything, just Arnor and the other rangers. I'm not sure what is going to happen past that little adventure and your ideas are greatly needed, so please put them in here.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 12:34
Ok, um....for her training she should have to do alot of calistenics , weaponry training, and tests as to her hunting and tracking skills.
As for her village, I think that she should come back, and it is still intact, encounters her father, yadda, yadda, fight, then uruks (and/or orcs) come, and there is a big final battle. After that...fill in the blank.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2006 07:53
okay, I like your ideas Minstral, that does sound better and its not as sad. More ideas are wanted for afterward, but I think we should wait and get there first.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2006 02:05
alright everyone...this is just an idea, but I think it would be good to speed through Amdireth's training. Maybe a month or so, but it really depends on the timing. anyway, thats just something I wanted to put out there, and please everyone put your ideas in here. Let me know what you think about this, because the sooner they can all go on adventures throughout Middle earth.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2006 04:12
To speed her training would be a good idea. Perhaps Amdireth gets word via the rangers of an orc threat near to her home village. This is after her training which in the circumstances would be cut short, and so she goes back home.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2006 03:00
Yes, speeding it up would be good. They're all very good ideas
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2006 04:24
Alright great. In my next post it will be about a month or two later.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 12:00
Okay, just to let people know new characters can still join in. Since we will be going on to other missions new people can jump in. Just put the name of your character in here and join in on the adventure!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 06:57
Hey guys. I made a new character and I want to use him in an rp. I want to make the rp like a sequel to Becoming a Ranger. Its going to mostly be about the new character Benn, but he is going to be trained as a Ranger by Amdireth.
They'll end up going on an adventure and since your characters are her best friends I thought it would be best to ask you if you would be interested first.
I'm not sure when I'm going to make it but it will probably be after Christmas sometime.
Just post in here if you are interested. And don't worry, this will not be taking the place of Becoming a Ranger, its just a sequel.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 05:16
That would be great, count me in!
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 05:38
Sure Cant wait
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 07:35
Great, I'm glad you will be able to join.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 08:44
I'll be joining to Can't wait!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 10:39
Great everyone will be joining. As I said I will be setting it up after Christmas, I don'y have much time right now.

But even when I put it up don't forget about Becoming a Ranger, that one still has a ways to go.

I will post in here when the rp is going to start.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2006 11:43
Hi all

Who's the new character, and how are they going to fit into the story
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 10:41
Elfala's plays two characters, he has yet to post them in here but I will ask him to.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 03:30
Hi, sorry about the brief pause. Okay my char's are long time friends. They are in Lorien "vacationing". Arnarel was prince of Mirkwood, but his father disowned him and gave the title to his brother and Mirelwen is the adopted daughter of Glorfindel. He sent her there to tell Aragorn something, and to get her away to see other parts of ME. I am just playing two helpers in Lorien who were assigned to take care of your company and The Fellowship.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2006 11:24
thank you for the lovely introduction Elfalas, you are than welcome to join our journey.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 11:36
alright guys, as you know this is for Ranger's Apprentice also.
I want to kinda move on from Amdireth's injury, so Aravis, if you could in the next post give her the medicine and we can move on from there. Amdireth might still be sore and whatever from the wound, but other than that we are going to finally get to the North!
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 03:13
Sounds great I am stil debating just how Leassa would react, so sorry if my posting is a bit sparse at the moment.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 09:19
don't worry about it, we just need to get moving a little.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 03:21
Alright, this is for Becoming a Ranger, guys we need to figure out what is going to happen next. Will they continue to follow the Fellowships path, or are they going to go back tot he North and receive another misson? I have no objections to either, so you guys can decide.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 04:25
Ah! I actually have no idea, this has left us in a sticky situation. What if we head to Gondor or around that area, because there we can join with Faramir and keep near the fellowship.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 09:45
Joining with Faramir would be fine Of course, I have no objections to going back to the north either. Up to you
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email