Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: the Masquerade
on: November 25, 2006 08:18
As the others began to catch up, Reya decided it was about time to get out. Being unsure of who these people were, she came to the conclusion that it could be wise to cause a delay. However- this delay shouldn't be a too long one, because then the guards could come to halt them, and even bring them in for questions. This was something she could not risk, having a slightly messy record.

The small hallway turned out to be much shorter than the girl had predicted. After only a five-minute walk, she had reached the end of it, and had now the choice of the door to the left, or the door to the right. Unable to make that decision, she found it wise to consult with the rest.

"I will have to require your names, good sirs," she said, weighing her options. "for I am going to tell you mine;" - and turning towards them concluded - "I am Reya, of nowhere worth mentioning."

[Edited on 25/11/2006 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 09:38
Nathron walked just behind the strange woman. Feeling as if he should be on his guard. After only a short while they stopped at a set of doors.
"I will have to require your names, good sirs, for I am going to tell you mine; I am Reya, of nowhere worth mentioning."

Nathron let himself calm a little, then nodded to Reya, "I am Nathron, and if I may be so blunt: Which way are you leading us? Which door do we take?" His voice was calm controlled, but he was tense, he felt that this was a waste of time. Introductions could be left until later, and he had the feeling that they were being stalled.
laurels
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 09:53
(we'll see how this goes as to whether ninny is the assasin or not )

Ninquelótë followed close behind, but careful of her distance. Her brow furrowed slightly; she was just as confused as ever.

She remained silent and, hopefully, invisible, still wanting to figure out just what was going on.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 12:50
Turning back to the doors, the girl replied. "I think it's the left door. No, I am sure it's the left door." After another minute of consideration, Reya made up her mind. She bent down on her knees in front of the door. Removing a silver brooch from her hair, the girl extracted a tiny knife with a curved blade. Fitting it into the hole on the lock, she turned it. Nothing happened. She tried again, then again, wrinkelig her forhead. After another try, she rose, eyes flickering the group. Resting a slender arm on her hip, she looked down.

"I cannot open the door."

[Edited on 25/11/2006 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 03:42
Nathron sighed when he saw that she couldn't open the door. He walked up to the door, looking at it with contempt.
"Well then, I suppose we'll just have to try the other door." He said stepping back a pace. He moved to open the door.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 05:40
(I'm making it a little confrontation with the assasin. Don't worry, the story isn't ended yet)

'I'm Illian of Rivendell.' Illian was getting more and more nervous, he felt that they were being followed.
'What in the Hall of Mandos are we doing, following a stranger?' he thought. However, he had no choice but to follow, or face the guards alone.

When Nathron opened the door, Illian drew his sword, and entered the room.
He looked around, he gasped, he (almost) collapsed.

The probably-true-assassin is standing right in front of them, holding a short knife. Behind it/her/him, there laid several guards, all slain in a...very uncomfortable way.

[Edited on 26/11/2006 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]

[Edited on 26/11/2006 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 05:47
Nathron opened the door, and as he did he saw a guard drop to the floor, dead. The assassin stood over the corpse, a wicked looking knife in hand. The assassin paused, startled by the entry of the group.
Nathron lunged at the assassin, drawing his own dagger. He clashed with the assassin once, twice, in quick sucession then suddenly found himself flung back against the wall from a powerfully aimed kick. The assassin took one more look at the group and vanished. Perhaps the assassin was still around...perhaps the assassin was not really gone, only biding its time. Nathtron shuddered as he sat upright, the kick had broken or cracked at least two of his ribs.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 08:46
Still clinging to his sword, Illian rushed to Nathron's side, only finding out that Nathron's ribs had been broken.

'In the name of Eru, I'll pursue the assasin to its death, whatever the cost.
It should be killed before he harmed any one else.', he silently vowed.

' Nathron, can you walk on your own?' He turned to the injured elf.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 06:55
With the assassin gone, Reya could finally move again. She was no coward, but with only the tiny blade, she would have been nothing but an easy match for the armed hit man.

"Well,this certainly rules any of you guys out." The girl walked across the hall and bent down to help Nathron up. With the elf back on his feet, she walked to the left door, and pushed down the handle. Than, to everyones surprise, the door opened with a squeak. "I am sorry, but I couldn't take any risks," the girl explained, walking into yet another hallway.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 07:03
Nathron nodded as he rose to his feet, aided by Reya. He winced slightly at the pain in his chest but pushed through it. He had had worse.
Reya walked over to the left door and opened it with ease.
Nathron grinned, "I thought something wasn't right." He said with a laugh, which was short lived as it hurt his ribs.
"But it is understood, and you are forgiven, at least by me you are." He cleaned his own balde and tucked it into his belt.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 07:50
"I am sorry indeed," the girl said sincerely, adding a slight smile. "I never thought someone would get hurt."

The hallway they now walked through, got colder and colder, until Reya began regretting not bringing her cloak.The wooden walls from the previous hallway was nowhere in sight, and the stone corridor was lit up by lanterns, bathing the corridor in yellow light. "It's freezing in here," the girl whispered, as the echo of their footsteps spread through the hall.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 01:41
"Not really," Nathron said, looking about, "But then...we do not feel the cold as other races do." Nathron shrugged, he had lived for a lot of his life in the north, it had always been an intrest to him.
"Although I must say that it is too quiet here." He spoke in whispers but even they sounded loud.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 02:24
"I don't know about you, but I definately do feel it." In spite of her childhood in nothern Rhovanion, Reya had never grown used to coldness and snow- something her long years in the Harad-regions had strengthened.

Shivering, the girl wrapped her arms around her shoulders.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 03:01
'Here take my cloak, lady Reya.', said Illian, and put his black cloak round the girl.

He immediately found out that this was too rash. Not only the girl's face blushed, but he himself felt cold.

'I got a bad feeling about this...',he said aloud.

[Edited on 27/11/2006 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 05:25
"Shh! Quiet." Nathron said in a whisper, halting in his steps.
He looked about warily, he could feel that they were being watched. Then the extreamly soft patter of footsteps drew his attention. They seemed to be coming from all around, and Nathron drew his dagger defensively.
"We had better get out of here."
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 02:22
Despite her blush, Reya thanked Illian, holding his gaze a few intense seconds. Hearing the footsteps, the girl wrapped the cloak tighter around herself, lowering her voice.

"What is that?"

[Edited on 28/11/2006 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 04:20
Nathron shook his head, "I know not, but I had think we had better leave before we find out. Reya you have led us thus far, now I think we had best continue our trek." Just as they started to walk on the footsteps stopped. Nathron froze in place, he couldn't see who was there, but someone was.

OOC: I thought that the assassin or a guard could make an appearance here.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 10:22
The next second, a guard stepped out of the shadows, looking curiously at the group. "My lords, m'lady." He made a short nod. "Are you lost? If it is the party you are headed for, I must inform you that it takes place in the Great Ballroom."

--

At those words, Reya turned to Nathron, eyes wide open. Her expression said only one thing: he doesn't know!
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 02:26
OOC: What if both the assasin and the guard appear?

Then the guard looked around, seeing the sword in Illian's hand, and widened his eyes.

'Why on earth have you drawn your sword, lord? Is there any need...'

Before he could finish, a dart thrown from nowhere hit his neck, precisely piecing
the weaker places of the guard's armor. He then fell down without a word, dead.

'Hmm...puunnnny elves and you, naive girl, hinder not my business and I'll spare your lives.' A voice boomed from above in the ceiling, not loud but very clear.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:05
((okidoki.. but just so you know, reya's an elf to ))

By the Valar.. How could he have followed us? Did we follow him? This can't be happening! Thoughts rushed through the girls head, her heart racing. Silver eye flickered from the dead guards body, to his killer.

"What do you want? Kill us?"

--

"Oh, no, my fair Lady," the man said grinning selfishly. He wore dark clothes, having his hood up, so that the elves couldn't see his whole face. Tough considering his roughly shaved chin, he was almost certainly human.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it already." He put down his bow, extracting a long dagger from his belt. Moving fast, he grabbed Reya by the shoulder. And pointing his dagger into her throat, answered the question.

"What I want you to do, is to show me the way out."
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:34
(It's Lord Darth Sidious coming! If you know what I mean...)

When Illian saw the assassin appeared out of nowhere, he already knew something bad would happen.

But he didn't expect to fight a kidnapper...

Illian swung his sword towards the man like a lightning,but he evaded his blow, and stepped backwards.

'Anymore annoying moves the girl will be dead.', the villain chuckled.

Illian thought: !@#123#@123^%(&

OOC: It seems someone is not posting for a long time. I don't want to just let 'move their characters out of the way'., so post soon!

PS: Sana, I post really quickly, right?

[Edited on 28/11/2006 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 11:37
((yeah, sure. but about the other people; how about we just wait, and see if they want to come back? i think it'd be the most fair thing to do.))

"You two, get in front of me, now!" Illians attack had done nothing but enrage the assassin, who- pushing the girl on her knees- pulled his own sword. "Now tell me, who knows the way out of this palace?"

--

Being flung to the floor, scratched Reya's knee pretty bad. Feeling the hit man's gloved finger on her shoulder again, made the girl jump. Pushing his hand off her, she rose to her feet.

"I do. And if you stop trethening us, I'll show you."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 01:17
Nathron had stiffened when the guard had appeared, but when the assassin had he had visably gone for his own concealed weapon. He took on a defensive stance as the assassin made to kidnap Reya.
Of course! The assassin was looking for an exit! But this wasn't a good thing.
I do. And if you stop trethening us, I'll show you."

"Reya! Don't tell him anything! It is not worth it! He will kill you one way or another, assassins do not like to leave a trail for others to follow." Nathron shouted, "Am I right, or am I right?"
He directed his question at the assassin, who grinned visably.

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 01:33
"Clever, boy, clever." The hooded man grasped the girls neck, making her bow to the floor. Stumbling forward, Reya fell awkwardly silent. "What say you?" The assassin sneered into her ear. "Will you show me the way, or do you not treasure your life?" Minutes of silence passed, with each the assassin tightened his grip.

Finally, without a word, the girl lifted her hand, shaking. Her stretched-out finger pointed at a spot on the wall, where one of the bricks was smaller than the other. And with a defeated look at Nathron, she spoke.

"There. It's there."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 01:56
Nathron didn't speak. He didn't think that he could have even if he had wanted to. He looked at Reya with sad eyes. The assassin would get away! And he couldn't be allowed to do that.
"Good girl." The assassin said, smiling at Nathron.
He shoved Reya to her feet, and, his sword still at her throat, pushed her towards the wall.
"Open it...Do it or you will feel the kiss of my blade on your throat."
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 02:58
The girl reached out, pushing the brick hard with her fingers. As she did so, several other bricks began moving sideways into the wall, creating a small door. Inside, a stairway went down into the darkness, and by what the assassin could see, it was not very long.

Holding the girl hostage, the killer turned his back to the stairway, approaching it backwards. "Just a little bit further.." he mumbled between short glances into the pit.

Suddenly, the man screamed, and fell backwards, down the stairs, loosing both the girl and his sword from his grip. Not willing to waste another second, Reya pushed hit the brick with her hand, closing the door, and ran as fast as she could along the corridor. "We must hurry! The stair is a dead end, he'll catch up with us in a moment!" She shouted back to the others.

[Edited on 29/11/2006 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 04:51
Nathron was shocked, and the expression showed clear on his face. Cleaver, he thought with a wry grin.
He ran after Reya, knowing that they had to prepare themselves better, this assassin was devious, dangerous to them. They had to find a better solution.
"Where to, Reya?" He asked ahead.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 11:07
Illian immediately said to the others:

'Go now everyone, follow Reya! I'll cover your backs.'
He said that 'cause it seemed to him that he was the only one who had a proper weapon against the villian. Besides, he desired to meet that man face to face, to fight.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 12:28
Nathron skidded to a halt, noticing that Illian was going to remain behind. Nathron ran back, grabbed the elf by the collar, and dragged him along. Nathron ignored the complaints and curses that came his way. When they stopped for a moment he spoke.
"We are not prepared to face the assassin, we have to think of a better strategy. It would do us no good if you are killed!" He looked the elf in the eye, unblinking.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 02:59
Catching her breath, the girl nodded in agreement with Nathron. "Illian, you cannot do this now. Besides, if you do win the battle, how will you get out? With no assassin, the guards would probably blame you!" Whispering intensely, Reya let herself slide down against the wall. Between breaths, the girl caught herself thinking that this was, so far, one of the most exciting Masquerades she had ever attended, and all the regrets of coming had vanished from her mind.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 11:16
'Right, but where're we going now?' Illian aws still catching his breathe.

'Wait...maybe we can trick the assassin to run into the guards...and with our help, we may eliminate him -- the more people the more chance.'
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 02:29
The girl got to her feet. "We're getting out of here," she said. "Very quickly." She lay her hands on the wall, as if searching for something.

"The plan of yours, Illian, is actually something- but I am not sure it would work." Her hands stopped as they reached a round hole in the stone wall. The girl pulled her dagger out of her belt, and shoved it's handle into the opening. A loud "click" echoed in the hallway, and as the elves watched a hatch opened in the floor beneath them.

"And down there," Reya said, pulling out the dagger, "is where we're going."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 05:16
Nathron could only look on in shock and surprise as the trap door opened.
"Just how long have you lived here anyway?" He asked, starring down the tunnel, "You probably know this place better then the guards." Nathron shook his head, what HAD he gotten himself into?
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 02:54
'Nice guide.'Illian muttered under his breathe.

'But playing hide-and-seek forever with the assassin is not a good idea. He has the more chance of winning. We must find a way the face him.'

Still looking backwards and running forwards, Illian thought 'OH...I hope I didn't say sth stupid again...'
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 08:10
"I haven't lived here a day of my life," the girl replied unaffected. "I just believe the tales the elderly tell." Walking to the hatch in the floor, Reya looked down, then swung her feet over the edge, and jumped. Hitting the floor several feet down, she got up again, waiting for her eyes to get used to the darkness. "And adding a little bit of luck to that, gives you exactly what you need," she whispered, and spotting a door on the opposite wall, concluded: "A way out."

[Edited on 2/12/2006 by Sana]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email