Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: the Masquerade
on: December 02, 2006 12:19
Nathron shook his head, "Well, then the elders must have maps of these locations. Even with a marker here these hidden halls would be hard pressed to locate." He felt a little clausterphobic, but he ignored it as best he could, and found himself extreamly releived when Reya declared that there was a 'way out.'
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 09:41
(Why not make passing this secret passage a bit more 'fun'?)
It took a few seconds for Illian to get used to this darkness...

'Reya, since even the assassin needed to ask for the way out, maybe there is a advantage we may take?'

While he is talking, Illian nervously looked around the passage, fearing for traps and foes that came out of nowhere.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 09:33
(sorry i haven't posted for a while, school has been hectic{exams are on})
Ellen stared around the passage as her night-eyes grew used to the gloom. She smiled and strode foward. Bending down, she picked up a small stone and tossed it seemingly nonchalantly into the passage. it clacked against the stone walls. Illian stepped foward, but Ellen pulled him back as a cloud of darts hummed into the wall.
"There are traps in here, I believe. I have excellent night vision, perhaps I could help spy the traps?" she said, half smiling.
At the look on their faces as they stepped past the darts, she laughed.
(by the way, ellen isnt one of those laugh in the face of danger people, she is just really light hearted.)
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 10:42
"The tale of how I gained this knowledge, is yet to be told. But this is neither the time, or the place, master Nathron." The girl turned to the sound of the closing hatch. Suddenly, a swoshing noice drew away her attention.

Seeing the others dodge the darts, Reyal froze. She had clearly not expected this. "I may be a guide, but surely I am no warrior." Examining the wall where the darts had come out, the girl turned to Ellen. "All help is welcome."
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 03:56
(Hey Reya, Illian is talking to you....)
OOC:'school has been hectic'...I agree!!!

'Thanks Ellen. I don't know what I can do to repay that...
As for spotting traps, maybe Nathron and I can help?
We are elves after all.'

Finishing his words, he returned his sword to its hilt, and drew out a shorter one instead. Long swords were no good in (quite) a narrow passage. After looking around, he spotted something on the ground...

'I must say I'm confused. Why in Arda do they build statues here? This one seems to be cut into half...(closer look)by a sharp blade, I suppose. Why anyone would like to attack a statue?'

Unfortunately, as he was walking , he stepped onto another trap again.
A statue, or sth like a statue, appeared out of nowhere. It brought its blade down on the elf.

The blow was barely parried.
'I see why that person attacked a statue...', he muttered.
Then another blow was coming....

[Edited on 4/12/2006 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]

[Edited on 4/12/2006 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 04:44
Nathron ducked low as the darts flew out. Of course...there were always traps! Why could there never be anything nice and easy to deal with like a frog, or a few orcs. This would proove interesting at least.
'Thanks Ellen. I don't know what I can do to repay that...
As for spotting traps, maybe Nathron and I can help?
We are elves after all.'

Nathron shook his head, years of sailing at sea had taught him how to tread carefully on dangerous footing, but still...
They passed some statutes and Illian did not notice until the last second that it was a trap. Nathron groaned as a statute came to life.
He came up behind the statute, and plunged his dagger into the weakest point of the golem. (an annimated statute is referred to as a golem, just mentioning so there won't be any mix ups) He pummeled it again and again until it shattered and broke. No longer able to function.
Nathron looked about, annoyed. "Alright, enough fun and games, now we have a duty to do, and we can't afford to hang around here. Illian, you watch the walls, if there are any traps please notify the person behind you, I will scout up ahead." And Nathron stalked forward.
He was as alert as ever, but then he came to a section where even he could not tell which was a trap and which wasn't. Nathron gingerly took a step forward and suddenly found that there was no solid ground beneath his foot. And then he was falling...falling. He managed to catch himself on a small out cropping of rock, barely wide enough for two hands.
"I guess I don't practice what I preach." He said to himself in disgust.
He did not know if his companions had fallen into the hole with him or not, but it would certainly bother him if they had done so. They should not be punished for his own misfortune. But he didn't know.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 03:00
Illian cautiously moved near to the hole where Nathron had fallen into.

'Nathron, hold on.' ,he said. 'Let me pull you out.'
He then grabbed the elf's right-hand and started pulling him up.
A golem jumped out of nowhere again,which is possibly made for such a situation, and attacked Illian.

Illian was forced to fight the golem , held on Nathron's hand, and keeping his balance so that he would fall into the hole -- at the same time.

He can't hold that for long...

(Someone help him then!!!)

Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 06:46
((oh, sorry, i missed it))

Dodging the golem and Illians blade, Reya leaped forward to help. Grabbing Nathron's hand, the girl pulled as hard as she could, shouting back at Illian. "Take care of the statue, I can do this!"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 11:44
Nathron was pleased that his companions were alright, but when they were attacked by the stone golem Nathron couldn't help but wish that he was out of this hole. He knew that Illian couldn't hold onto him for very long.
Soon enough Reya and Illian changed spots, and with her help he managed to get back on solid ground. Illian seemed to be doing well with the golem, eventually defeating it. Nathron sighed, there were to many traps in the tunnel.
"Onwards?" he asked quietly.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 12:20
'We should.' ,Illian answered. Then he took out a matchbox.

'Before we proceed, I think we better get some light. Darkness will only blind us and hinder us in this dangerous place. What say you?'
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 07:05
"A little light would be good indeed." Reya knelt gazing down into the darkness. "Throw one in, so that we can see how deep it is."
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 06:02
"A little light would be good indeed." Reya knelt gazing down into the darkness. "Throw one in, so that we can see how deep it is."

Ellen seized Illian's hand just as he was about to drop a bundle of lit tinder down the hole.
"No! I think I smell pitch down the hole, and on Nathron's hands. Nathron, give me your hand." she ordered, hand out streched. He did so.
"No, this isn't pitch.Nor is it any thing else I know of that burns. I was wrong." She said, letting go of Illian's hand. He dropped the tinder down.
"Well better safe than sorry." She said, grinning in the dim, flickering light.
The flame of the dropped tinder fluttered down the hole for a minute or two before flareing, illuminating a small square littered with what looked like bones and bits a what was perhaps wood, the way the flame was burning.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 12:50
Nathron held out his hand to her, a little apprehensive, but when she comfirmed that there was no pitch on them he was content.
"Well, nothing down there that will merrit attention, I should think, but what is that off to the corner? In the shadows, I can make out a small door way of sorts, can any of you see it?" He pointed it out.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 01:55
Reya narrowed her gaze. "Yes. I can see it." As she bent forward looking into the holel, a lock of her brown hair fell in front of her face blocking her view. The girl tied it away instinctively, and turned her back against the hole.

"The question is," she said looking at the others, "is it possible to get down there without ending up like that pile of bones." Then without awaiting answer the girl climbed over the edge, hanging her self by the fingertips. "Wish me luck." And with those words, she let go.

[Edited on 7/12/2006 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 03:32
Nathron tensed involentarily as he saw what Reya intended, he lunged for her but was to late as she fell down the long shute.
"Reya!"
Nathron looked about, then grabbed onto the ledge, intending to follow her down. What was she thinking! She could get seriously injured, or worse, killed!
Nathron landed heavily, his old leg injury (one he recieved in another game) hit him a hard reminder that a few weeks ago he hadn't been able to walk without a limp, and even now he fought to maintain the appearance of a perfect walk. It was hardly noticable, but still there. He had done his best to disguise it during this ball.
"Reya?" He asked, looking about.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2006 05:37
'I hope Reya didn't kill herself outright...',Illian muttered.
Then he shouted, 'Nathron, is it safe down there? Can you see lady Reya?'
Too impatient to wait for Nathron's response, Illian took out another bunch of matches, then jumped down. Not a heavy landing, but he felt something sharp on the floor.

'Ouch...nothing really special here, except these little sticks which are almost rotten.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2006 07:19
A look of disgust was on Nathron's face as the light revealed what those little 'sticks' were.
"They are bones." He said through clentched teeth. "The Valar only know how long they have been here." He shook his head.
Finally he spotted Reya near the door's entrance.
"Reya?"
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2006 03:08
The pit had turned out to be somewhat deeper than Reya had assumed. Her jump from the edge of it, ended in the girl hitting her head pretty hard and loosing consciousness for a moment.

When she woke, Reya could neither hear nor see anything around her. Crawling on all four, the girl had reached the wall, and held on to it while walking step by step towards where she believed the door would be. Her guess turned out right, and before long time had passed, her fingers came across the opening in the stone wall.

The girl stood in front of it for quite some time, while the sparkles faded away from her gaze, and the sound of things regained former loudness. She heard noises coming from everywhere, but couldn't really make out anything until-

"Reya?"

"Yes?"

[Edited on 26/12/2006 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2006 04:17
Nathron sighed in relief. Reya was alive. He carefully walked over to her.
"Are you unhurt?" He asked, he could see, even in this low light, that she was a little dazed. Perhaps she had hit her head or something.
"Give us some warning next time you decide to jump off anything." He said, smiling slightly.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2006 06:28
"I have had better days," the girl replied, raising an arm to her forehead. "And I do not think I'll do something like that in a while." Still holding on to the wall, she walked slowly through the door.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 06:29
(Hey guys I'm back, alive )

Illian followed Reya closely, hoping to ...protect her incase there was danger.
With his lightened matches, he saw clearly what's behind the door...

OOC: Srry, but that's all for today -- got to sleep
Plz, continue this RP, and make it more 'Tolkien'.
I apologize for introducing the golems
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 12:24
A tunnel...it seemed to have no end in sight, none that could be seen at any rate.
Nathron took a match and lit a lantern that was at the front of the door. There was a set of stairs that led up in a low slope.
"I think that we should travel this route." he said, turning back to his companions, "We might be able to bypass the traps upstairs."
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 06:26
((ooh, i thought you had died or something. but this is back up again. yay! anyway guys, let's try to keep this Tolkien, or i'm afraid it'll have to go. and without trying to sound like someones mother-in-law: potbelly just reminded me that they didn't have matches in those days, so let's try to avoid those kinda things ))

A strange chill was coming from the pipe-like passage, making Reya shiver in spite of the fact that she was still wearing Illian's cloak. "Goodness, what now?" The girl whispered silently under her breath. But as the seconds passed without anything strange happening, she decided to believe that it was just fresh air.

[Edited on 26/12/2006 by Sana]
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 08:47
(ALRIGHT, Illian will now use a tinderbox)

Illian walked into the tunnel. The ceiling was too low for him -- he had to bend down his head as he progress.

He reached the end long before he expected, without meeting any traps. He found a trapdoor there, but he hesitated before opening it. Instead, he listened.

'Nothing out there, if my ears aren't deceiving me.', he said to the others. After that he opened the trapdoor, only to receive a surprise.

The assassin stood right before him , grinning evilly. 'Going anywhere, Elf?'

Without hesitating, the villain stabbed Illian, barely missing his heart.

(I suggest making the assassin's blade poisoned, with the Nazgul's or Sauron's poison. More Tolkien ,right?
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 08:40
OOC: Probably. SOunds ok to me.

IC: "Illian!" Nathron grabbed the elf as he collapsed, preventing his fall.
Nathron looked up at the assassin, "Yrch!" He shouted, and lunged up at the hateful man. The assassin retureated, a smile on his face. Slamming the trap door down on Nathron's fingers.
Nathron cursed and held his hand. Now they were trapped. He could barely move his now bloody hands.
"Quick, let's get him out of here." Nathron carried Illian out to the mouth of the tunnel.
"Does anyone know any healing arts?" He asked, he was not skilled in that field unlike most elves.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 09:54
((yay, this is back up again : D))

Reya knelt by Illian's bloody torso, tearing open his shirt in order to see the wound properly. She then used the sleep of her dress to wipe away the blood around it. Reaching around her left ankle, the girl extracted a short knife, and cut the cloak she was wearing into pieces. Working quietly, Reya made a weak bandage across the elf's chest, trying to put as much pressure on the wound as she could.

"This is all I can do right now. We must get him to the Haling House instantly," the girl said rising. "And that blade better not be poisoned." She looked worried for the first time since their meeting.

Looking up, her gray gaze stopped at Nathron's hand. "You're hurt," she whispered. Picking up a piece of cloth from the floor the girl walked over to him, taking his hand in hers. As she carefully wrapped it around his fingers, her brows drew closer together. "There," she said. Holding his hand a little too long before letting go, the girl suddenly turned around, placing herself next to Illian on the ground.

[Edited on 24/1/2007 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 12:03
Nathron helped Reya bandage Illian. He grimaced as his hand tried to move but would not. The fingers were far to bloody, he could only move three if he tried, and even that was causing him extream pain.

"You are right, we must get him out of here, I shall carry him back to the opening and we shall get him out somehow." Nathron started to pick up Illian.

"You're hurt,"

"It is but a few bruises, they will heal in time." But Reya would have none of it. She gently bandaged his hand, he almost suspected that she might be a healer, or even a mother, for her touch was that light and firm. He glanced at her as she held his hand, then suddenly spun away. Nathron could not think of anything to say.

He walked over to Illian and picked the elf up. Even though his limp was far more hindering then before, he managed well enough to get him back out into the open.

"Now, all that remains is to get him up there." He said.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 10:13
Looking up through the darkness in the pit, the girl said nothing. She had no idea how to get up, and was pretty sure that none of the others did either. Pointing this out would only make it worse.

The ribbons that were holding her hair up at the party was long gone, and the girls brow hair lay loose on her shoulders. Tying it back, the girl walked across the pit. It turned out to be wider than she had thought, and it took quite some time before she reached the opposite wall. Reya let her fingers search for holes or shelves which they could use to climb up, but found nothing. The wall was made out of solid rock, and appeared unwilling to let the company return to the hallway above it.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email