Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
Post what scares you?
on: February 16, 2007 01:02
ok, this might seem like a really strange/depressing idea, but having seen the "who's afraid of spiders" i just thought i'd put this up here. so, like the title says, what really terrifies you? i suffer from a severe case of Aichmophobia, which is a fear of needles and shots. i can't even think of a needle without breaking into a cold sweat and feeling physically sick

[Edited on 16/2/2007 by IthilionofMirkwood]
Pipina
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: what scares you?
on: February 16, 2007 08:42
It seems strange, I know, but... the dogs! I can't stay in a pavement where is a dog!
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 02:10
I'm afraid of spiders, of drowning, of being trapped in small places, etc. I'm certainly not afraid of needles, but I've been known to faint after having a lot of blood taken from me if I had to fast beforehand.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 07:28
I'm scared of spiders and being trapped in small spaces where you can't get enough air. I wouldn't say that I have claustrophibia, but I just don't like the idea of getting stuck somewhere and not being able to get out.
I'm not scared of needles either.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 12:58
am i the only one scared of needles? oh well, i suppose that i can take some consolation in the fact that they freak out Alice Cooper as well. big bad shock-rocker can hold onto a twelve-foot anaconda but freaks out at the sight of a needle! makes it seem a little more ok.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 03:14
I am afraid of spiders, snakes, and being in small spaces. I hate being in crammed crowds, elevatoers, or any other rooms/spaces. I prefer to be outdoors, where its open and no one is around coughing or breathing on me or bumping up against me. I hate crowds and small spaces. I also do not like heights unless I am in a tree, nor do I like germs. I constantly wash my hands and do not eat/drink after anyone.
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 03:37
I used to be crazy scared of needles, esp. when a nurse messed up my blood-work and left me with a huge bruise in my inner elbow ... ouch .... but I can master that one pretty well. The only thing that really freeks me out is hieghts .... last summer i went on some carnival rides not more then 50 feet in the air and was seriously nautious and nervous. but it felt good to do something that scares me so much ... is that weird or what?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 08:29
lol Drauglin, sometimes it is fun to be scared, maybe that sounds weird....
Yeah, I'm personally not fond of heights either, and I HATE flying in airplanes. I like my feet on the ground much better.

I'm not scared of crowds buit would much rather be outside in a beautiful forest or on a hiking trail.....
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 11:43
I'm scared of spiders...although less than usual. I also am terrified of leeches, but my weirdest irrational fear is that of nail files.
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 09:12
i have a phobia of cockroaches.weird huh?
nelenata
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2007 08:12
I hate heights. I really, really hate heights. I went on an activity weekend with my youth group and we went rock-climbing... My God, it was awful. Really really frightening. I was about 20 metres up this rock face, with no visible handholds, and the girl belaying me was tiny, and there was no way she'd have held my weight if I'd fallen. (Or I didn't think she would anyway... hey, I don't think all that rationally once the sweat's broken out on my palms. ) I finished it in the end, but it was the scariest thing I've ever done in my life.

I don't like spiders either. Small ones I can cope with, but bigger than a 5p piece, and I really don't like them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2007 03:34
Rainyaviel of Rivendell, I don't think it's weird to be scared of cockroaches. I used to live in California and there were lots of cockroaches there, I hated them!

I don't like heights either nelenata. I hate flying in airplanes, but I have never gone rock climbing....
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2007 10:05
I do not know if I mantioned this already, but I do not like heights. I also do not like balloons, guns, or elevators. I also am scared of snakes.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 02:22
I think some snakes are cool actually....I don't like rattlers or poisoness ones, just the cute little ones.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 02:53
I like snakes.

I hate little black ants, sharks and escalators. Hieghts and small spaces do not agree with me either, but I don't mind them too much.
Nelladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 10:21
I like snakes too
But I hate water weeds and being pushed out from the boat in deep places who knows what's down there?
nelenata
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2007 02:45
I like snakes too.

I think the weirdest thing that freaks me out is plumbing and bathrooms! I know I sound like a right weirdo saying that, but pipes and tiles and taps and icky things like that creep me out. I hate old-fashioned bathrooms... I can't turn my back on any of the bathware lol, it makes me really neurotic! I have no idea what I think it's going to do to me, but... Green bathrooms are worst. And black ones. Nice light bright modern ones are alright. It's exposed piping I can't deal with. This summer I stayed in a flat with a washing machine in the bathroom, and there was this tap that stuck right out of the green tiled wall... ecccchhhhh... I couldn't stop looking at it! I think my worst nightmare is being trapped in a swimming pool with no water in it, on my own. All those tiles and pipes and grilles in the floor... aaagh.

Errrrrr. I think I must have been dropped on my head in a bathroom when I was little! I've got better as I got older, but I still don't like strange bathrooms and showers. I'm not dangerous, I swear...

[Edited on 30/8/2007 by nelenata]
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: August 30, 2007 10:49
Heights!

*shudders*

Not all heights though. I don't mind cliffs or bottomless chasms or skyscrapers or trees. Just don't make me climb a ladder. Or even a table.

I'm not overly fond of confined spaces or crowds either.
SHADOWFAX9043
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2007 06:18
bugs

and i don't like ladders
but i'm not afraid of heights
is that weird?
nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2007 12:20
Heights, definitely. It's one of the few things that really scare me...I'm not too fond of spiders, either, but I wouldn't call it a phobia. But heights, and they don't even have to be that great, really freak me out.

It depends, though, on the overall situation - a viewpoint platform is allright as long as there's a 'sufficient' rail or fence around it, no matter how deep you can look down, but standing on the third step of a ladder is horrible to me...

Crowds make me nervous and, when they're moving, agressive. I wouldn't call it a phobia, either, because it's not really fear that I feel, just the urge to get out of the crowd.

Talking about fears, not phobia...I am scared, of course, of losing loved ones, or becoming gravely ill. But then, everyone is, I guess. When my dearest is due home and hasn't called in that he'll be late, I get nervous, and after a while even scared, thinking about all the horrible things that could've happened to him...

hugs
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2007 02:21
I also have an irrational fear of towels, like dishtowels, the kind you can wind up and flick someone with. My sister did that to me a lot and now when someone pulls one out and starts to wind it or anything i get twitchy and jumpy.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 05:24
Heights. Once I was climbing a ladder and about 20 feet up I looked down. First I started shaking, then my hands got all sweaty, then before I could really panic I just slowly got back down.

I also hate tiny spaces. I almost had a panic attack when i was to go up in a little plane but sit in the back seat with my brother, and the seat was about 18 inches wide. I almost started crying, but I got to stay on the ground. Give me good, hard ground any day!!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 17, 2007 12:08
I have a fear of heights but what scares me more is hate and prejudice. Also things that I cannot explain.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2007 04:57
What people thinks scare me sometimes but like Awelyn hate and prejudice are a part of it too.And also, I hope it won't happen to me but getting old without friends and family is on my mind too.
cutegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2007 01:27
The only things im afraid of r Satan(the devil) and spiders
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 17, 2007 03:37
dolls coming alive. especially the store maniquinns. theyre terrifying.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2007 10:09
honestly, i'm not afraid of much. i used to be afraid of needles, then i had a long hospital engagement and that sucked the fear out of me right there. strange dogs, then i got two of them... running out of pistachio pudding...then i got a job.

i think one of the only thing that really scares me is children. it's just stressful being around them. there's so many bad things that could happen. especially in a zoo, or aquarium, etc. i used to detest going to the zoo with my younger siblings because they'd always be leaning over the rails and walking up to the peacocks and my imagination would get away with me. hippos are vicious! if one of them fell over into the hippo den, who knows what would happen. especially if they fell in the water, not being able to swim. Grown ups it doesn't really bother me. but toddlers scare me like none other. :blush:
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 25, 2007 01:43
little kids scare me too... buit not as much as dolls... :blush:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2007 07:22
I am scared of tornadoes, bugs (except lightning bugs, spiders, butterflies, and house flies), heights, little kids also, and germs, I hate getting sick!!!!!!!!!
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2007 01:39
I am terrified of: spiders AND their webs
heights
water depths deeper than chest-height
dead bodies or parts of dead bodies or things that looks like it

(oh, and Lord Elrond when he is angry )

And I get scared when people are angry with me.
Roheryn19
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2008 04:23
Forests at night.

Ive learned not to be afraid of dead people; I work in a hospital.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 10:26
Ooh, I live surrounded by a forest. Sometimes I imagine that Ents live there, and Huorns. There's this one tree that looks like a monster ready to eat the basketball hoop in the turn-around...the leaves always look like teeth, good imagination I suppose....
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2008 10:18
B-B-B-B-Bakshi... I have Bakshi-phobia...
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2008 02:35
Same here Lol! Bakshi is the worst thing created, ever. It's the stuff nightmares are made of, and not just the wake you from your sleep, breath coming quickly nightmares no. Its the screaming at the top of your lungs waking in a cold sweat eyes wide nightmares, and night terrors too...*shudders* Eep!
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2008 08:33
I am terrified of spiders, paralysis(is that a word? you know, when you can't move?), brain damage, heart failure, aliens (its embarassing, I blame E.T.).

...and posession (I know, it sounds weird to be afraid of being posessed, but what if it were possible? to be trapped in your own body, but not be able to control yourself. Watching someone else say and do things totally not like you...) which is bad, seeing as how its probably not even possible... does anyone else break into a cold sweat at the thought of it?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email