Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I can't swim at all. I only recently got the hang of floating on my bake. Took me forever. Life jackets are wonderful.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You should learn! Its easy once you get the hang of it. Can any of your siblings swim, or can your parents? Im sure they'll be willing to teach you. Your probably better off learning, just in case
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I wish I could swim...we don't have a pool though. Some of our friends' grandparents have one, but they live about an hour away. Some of my siblings can sort of swim, at least enough to pretty much keep them from drowning. I don't know if they know enough to teach me though...

Back on topic, our government is kinda freaken' me out...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with that statement, Mareth! And I think I might be speaking for everyone. There are just so many things going on now, and i think we're all scared. We just have to trust and know that everything will be a-ok.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
They are getting so much control over our personal lives, it's crazy. I'm so thankful that we still have religious freedom, but I wonder how long it will last. But of course God is in control.

[Edited on 08/28/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I completely agree with you on that. When our founding fathers first established our government way back when, they called it "laissez-faire" which means "hands-off," but now our government has their metaphorical hands in every aspect of our lives. They are crossing moral and religious and ethical boundaries and setting standards in places they don't belong doing so. They are trying to define marriage and abortion laws, yet they still demand separation of church and state when our "religion" tries to step in and try to grab ahold of the progress we've already made. Which really frustrates me.

Ugh, our government really has me worried. And we're drowning in debt. Which means we are in a very weak position internationally. We are supposedly the richest nation on the planet, yet all of our resources come from other countries, and we are indebted to them. Geesh America, get back on track. And while you're at it, elect someone that's right for you and doesn't suck up to every politician who unveils your weak spots and your shortcomings when you lie and refuse to make things better.

Anywho, I got that off of my chest. I apologize, moderators, I've said my share
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Now I completely agree with you!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh and what also scares me is when my 1-year-old MacBook Pro won't turn on even after it was just fully charged :'( D': I'm taking him in to the Apple store this weekend to see what's wrong.
I know it sounds lame, but the technology in our house is practically part of the family. They ALL have names. And we're all HUGE Apple fans And when something goes wrong with them, we can get really concerned. Just another weird tidbit about our family
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, and Mareth, i still don't know how to swim, even though I've taken swimming in school. I can only doggie paddle. I can not float on my back. But I can do the 'jellyfish float" which is the only life-saving swimming position I can pull off. I'm not a huge fan of swimming except when it's really hot. And swimming in a pool is a whole lot better to me than swimming in the ocean
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
The only "swimming" I do in the ocean is ride the waves. All we do is jump with the waves that come. It's really fun, except for when one crashes right on your head. That hurts...it's happened to me more than once. I've tried skimboarding also. I'm terrible at it. I can't stay on that stupid skimboard for more then two seconds, if that. Then I fall. Hard. Ouch...
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Snakes scare me, all of them, even the so called "harmless" ones. And steers if I'm in their field because they are HUGE.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I used to be afraid of snakes, but you have to realize that they wont hurt you as long as you're not hurting or threatening to hurt them. Once I figured that out, I was all about finding them and holding them. Their not too bad really. You also have to be taught the right way how to handle them. You can't hold them by their mid-section, especially if they're harmful. You have to hold them behind their heads because they can't reach back there to bight you or anything. And if they're constrictors, just run! No I'm kidding! Lol! Sorry for the long post thing...
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I remember when you used to be afraid of them. You were littler then, but then you actively searched out worms and snakes and such. You were a strange child Just kidding, Im one to talk.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Lol! Exactly.
I'm one to be very afraid of the unknown. Its a typical thing but it doesn't mean it can't be a fear!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
True! It just means you don't know what to expect and when to expect it. I suppose that happens to everyone.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, so the thing I was most scared about turned into some really bad news...

I said a couple of days ago that my MacBook wouldn't turn on, and that scared me. Well, it should have scared me more than it did at the moment. I set up an appointment at the Apple store this past Friday, and I brought it in to get checked out. The smart guy at the Apple store was really nice, but he still couldn't turn it on... He opened up the underside of the laptop, and found corrosion from water damage on the inside of the logic board!!!!! My MacBook is no longer functional, unless I pay $750 to send it off to Apple to have it torn apart and put back together. That was the worst part of my weekend And the worst part is that I can't delay fixing it because i need it for college ASAP :/

R.I.P. Toby (yes, my laptop had a name )
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh no! Poor Toby! Can you ask your parents to loan you the money and then you'll pay them back? I feel SO bad for you cause I know how bad you need Toby for school.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
A friend of our is selling a MacBook Pro identical to Toby, but a year older, for 400. And the guy who gave us another estimate to fix the damage (between 250 and 500! but closer to 500) said he'd buy Toby off of me with its hard drive (:/) for 225. So thats 225 more towards another MacBook. I'm still trying to figure it all out, but I think I'll manage.

Sorry for getting off topic, mods back on track!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im sorry, lotrelessar I know how bad you need a laptop, especially in relation to your major...

I am scared for school tommorow! Ah! Where did summer go?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm scared of saying the wrong thing. I'm scared of talking to people about things they have unknowingly done that hurt you, in case they get angry or upset. I'm scared of never finding a purpose. I'm scared of people stealing my work (this happened to me today). Not like school work, drawings and songs and things like that.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Awww, who stole your work? That is technically plagerism and therefore illegal.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email