Post RE: what scares you?
on: May 16, 2008 08:40
Spiders, snakes, and bees.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: what scares you?
on: August 21, 2008 01:04
Open water terrifies me! I think i've seen Jaws a too many times (the music is playing through my head!!!!!)
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: what scares you?
on: November 24, 2012 03:00
I am not really scared of heights, but I can not do rock climbing. I think that is because where I did rock climbing you were held up by automatic belays that wouldn't hold you up if you let go. I also don't like bugs.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 06:25
I live on the shore of a small lake. Sometimes, late at night, I hear a giant splash. I get a little afraid when I hear that. I think it is The Watcher. Being in the ocean scares me. I feel that I am trespassing.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 04:25
I'm not scared much of anything. Though I do fear that one day I will anger many people (friends, family) and they will turn their backs and I will be with out a friend, and completely alone.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 12:44
You will never be alone because you always have yourself.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2012 01:07
what scares me:
permanent isolation.
painful death.
THE WORLD ENDING ON THE 21ST OF DECEMBER!! (just kidding, i know thats not gonna happen lol)
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2012 06:12
Pretty much the same thing as Lastiel_Rusc.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2012 08:33
Lindarielwen, how can you be scared of the ocean?! I would totally be a mermaid if I could. Well, I guess that's why I'm in the realm of Ulmo.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2012 12:44
Eruwestiel_Evensong, when I am in the ocean, I feel like an uninvited guest. The ocean belongs to the creatures of the sea. Well, you could invite me in if you turn into a mermaid.

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2012 07:45
I feel completely at home in the ocean. When I was little I had a baby bottle with fish pictures on it. I have loved fish ever since. Yes, I'll certainly invite you if I do.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 01:59
i love staring out at the ocean....its kinda like staring into my own eyes cause they are exactly the same colour..... but i don't like swimming deep in the ocean.
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 11:21
Your eyes sound so pretty Nessa! I don't swim well so I stay at the edge of the water. I have never been in very deep
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 04:42
Nothing really! Well, sometimes i imagine something is walking up to my window and looking in it. (A Bigfoot maybe. Y'all will think i am crazy, but i watch the Finding Bigfoot show! )
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Slugs *shudders*
Getting stuck (I never wear dresses for this reason)
Falling (I can't do climbing)
Leaving things behind (I am very clingy)
Living, dying, being forgotten without ever finding my purpose.
Not being able to help people.
Needles! *runs off screaming*

[Edited on 07/24/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Council Member
Send Message
Kind of uncomfortable in oceans, where currents could like, I don't know, sweep me into deep waters... I'm also claustrophobic.

[Edited on 07/08/2013 by 213415]
...all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, I never even posted in here. Um...let's see. I don't like heights a whole lot, and...hm. I'm not really scared of bugs, and I'm not at all scared of dying. I know where I'll be, and I thank God for that.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Certain spiders scare me. Not tarantulas or other kinds like them because they're too fuzzy. But the brown recluse and other black spiders we have here I can't stand to look at. Like selective arachnophobia.

I'm also scared of (ready for this? it's weird) falling over backwards down a steep set of stairs.
It only happens to me on certain stairs, usually the ones found in really old houses. They have to have little to no railing, be very small steps that my feet don't fit on, and have to be really steep. it also happens when I'm carrying a heavy load, like books up stairs. It's not a height related fear because I have no problem climbing things, extreme rides, or standing on really tall structures.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I don't think being scared of stairs is a bad thing. I fell down stairs once and I've been very cautious ever since, very nasty experience.

I'm not scared of spiders but they do make me jump sometime as they scuttle across the floor. Poor little blighters. But then I live in the UK so nothing to be scared of really, except the government.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Any sudden noises or touches. Like if something falls down., Or even if someone turns on the TV or radio without telling me. My parents and sister always have to say, "Julia, Im turning on the TV now," or I'll have a heart attack. My freinds laugh at me, but respect it. I am also home alone a lot, so if I hear the phone or the doorbell, I jump really high and usually yell out the name of the thing, so if the phone rings I'll yell, "PHONE!" Thus scaring my dog.
And if anyone touches me when Im not expecting it, same thing. I won't scream, though, but I will jump. There's this one lady at my church who will grab my arm to get my attention or touch my arm when she's talking to me. So thats pretty much the extent of it.
And about the stairs...we have a healthy relationship: stairs are there, I fall up or down. No fear there.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I am afraid of the "ghost" that lives in our house. It is simply just our old house creaking and moving, but we make fun of it and named it Bill. Long story short, every time we hear "footsteps" upstairs or a door randomly closes because of the wind, we blame it on Bill. Accept, it's been happening a little to often for it to just be noises. I'm sorta concerned...Well anyways, I'm afraid of running into a bear while we walk in pitch darkness to the creepy bathrooms at camp. Seriously. I can handle racoons, foxes, coyotees (which I have actually been in contact with before) and stuff. But bears are cree-py. I'm also afraid of being in a very big open room when it is dark and silent. I'm afraid of cutting my finger on the lid of my dog food's can. I'm afraid of being stung by a bee. I'm afraid of very high hights. Not like a tree hight, higher. I'm afraid of falling of of rides at amusement parks and falling to my death. So, basically, I'm afraid of everything that is normal to be afraid of. The good thing is, I don't have to be afraid when I know that God is with me through ALL of it. Good ANd bad times! As the lesson from an ol' Veggie Tales story reminds me, I can trust God NO MATTER WHAT!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Get the kind of can opener that opens the can on the side...no more sharp edges to worry about. Seems like a lot of us do not like heights or going in the ocean. Do not be afraid of "Bill"...as long as nothing bad happens all should be fine. I had a ghost once long ago in Ohio. It touched my hair but I was not afraid of it. Then I moved and the ghost stayed behind. And as long as you have your faith, then all is well.
MellyrnNuinGilgalad
Council Member
Send Message
I have arachnophobia, but my biggest fear is not to be in control.
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow...
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Ah, now we get to it, Mellyrn. Boromir, Denethor, Saruman...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
BILL!!!!!!! The ghost at Rodwens house! But I thpught he was friend;y? I heard him- or saw him one day when i was over there. He moved the shower curtain. But we are pretty good at ignoring him and freak out once we leave the room, after the shower curtain time. IDK. Rodwen, didnt a bear move your camper before?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm scared of bees and wasps, and of spiders and snakes. But then, I live in Australia so... I have good reason I'm also scared of the dark, and of heights.
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yes Maxie, a bear did move our camper once. It was the middle of the night at camp, and all of a sudden we just felt a giant bump and the camper shook a lot. Then you heard a low grunt and big foot steps walking away from our camper. This has become a normal and often experience for our family, since we still go to the same camp ground. And we have since I was born. I'm not TOO afraid of them anymore. I know that all I have to do is just stay away from them, and let them live. After all, those animals were there in the first place. We humans are the ones that invaded their homes.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Ok..what am I scared of?? Well, there's a couple things that I can think of..
-blood: it makes me sick looking at it, and I nearly passed out when donating for the first time. Even reading about blood (Trial of the Long Knives in the Eragon series) made me sick.
-old people dying: I actually have the legit fear that I'll be around when old folks pass away or get hurt. Nursing homes creep me out :/
-Wild animals in the woods: We've had coyotes and bears around our campsites, and they creep me out at night. You can see eyes in the forest reflecting the light from our campfires O.O
-Drowning on a boat: I'm not that great of a swimmer, and I hate the thought of a boat turning over while we are out on the lake at camp. I love life jackets

[Edited on 07/20/2013 by lotrelessar94]
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I guess I'm afraid of drowning. Just the thought of being trapped under water unable to breathe...*shudder* Plus I can't swim.

Rodwen, your little eggs worked!! Yay!!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Drowning does sound like the worst way to die. Can you imagine being trapped so you cant breathe no matter how hard you try???
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam, drowning is a very freaky experience (Almost drowned once) and I have to say, it's probably become my biggest fear. I used to be okay with open water, but I've kinda become a bit hesitant around oceans, lakes, and even ponds. It's frustrating to not be able to swim without totally freaking out...
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
I concur. When I was around 10 or so (50+ yrs) I was bobbing around in the Russian River in Northern California. The water was murky and I didn't see a pot hole. Stepped in it and all I could see was green water above my head. Nearly pulled my mother in with me, but a friend got out us. Ever since then I am very hesitant to go into water where I can't see the bottom. You'd think after all these years it would have changed, but it's not. I'm not a strong swimmer, never have been, but now I can't get my head under water without problems (bad ear) so it's even scarier. Funny, haven't thought about that in a long time.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my gosh, that sounds so scary! I sometimes get paranoid when I jump into deeop water that I wont be able to et up quickly, but that at least isnt so bad.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah drowning is sort of a legit fear for me. I can swim, thats not the problem, its being trapped underwater inside something where I can't get out or up for air. Something like in the movie "Life of Pi" of anyone's ever seen that, like being trapped after the boat has started to sink. I can't swim for long periods of time without getting really tired, so I'm DEFINITELY not a strong swimmer. When in doubt, I default to doggie paddle or the jellyfish float. Let's just say i'd prefer the swimming pool to the ocean...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, always go to doggypaddle if needed Never fails. i have seen Life of Pi, for the record, but you know that, lotrelessar.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email