Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Khallandra
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: April 13, 2003 09:30
Personally my favourite would have to be....Isengard Unleashed - the beginning is sad then some Uraks then Ents marching - it has the perfect balance (and the first part of the song is dedicated to Haldir ):heart:
HO|3|3|7_F@NC|ER
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2003 04:47
Howard Shore is a genius! He is soo good! I love both soundtracks. my favourite track from the 1st one'd probably be breaking of the fellowship - it's so sad. specially at the bit when sam goes into the water... i can kind of replay the scene in my head. from the 2nd one, favourite is forth eorlingas. tis the first one i listen to every time i play it.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 08:21
I dont have it yet. :starts sobbing: i'll get it though. In the FotR one, my faves are Concerning Hobbits, May It Be and The Breaking of the Fellowship. But they're all so beautiful!

><><><
~frody~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2003 03:08
the soundtracks are 100% cool!! and terific. i wouldn't be able to last a day without either hearing it or me singin one of the songs. and i was so happy that enya was on it cuse enya is my favorite singer. Plus but in dreams was the first song i sung an i acctually sounded good. i hope all of you chicks and dudes enjoyed them.:love:
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 05:44
What is the cheapest price you can buy the soundtracks at?
Galwain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 07:23
I believe I saw one for either $9.99 or $14.99....I'm not reliable when it comes to valuta...

I really cannot seem to pick which soundtrack I like best. However, at the moment I am in love with TTT because of the dramatic violin parts (especially in 'The King Of The Golden Hall'; one of the best tracks) and ethereal vocals.

The best tracks from FotR have to be 'The Breaking Of The Fellowship', 'The Bridge Of Khazad-Dum', 'Flight To The Ford' and 'Aníron/The Council Of Elrond'.

The best from TTT are probably, as mentioned, 'The King Of The Golden Hall', 'Foundations Of Stone', 'Helm's Deep', 'Evenstar' and 'The Hornburg'.

So it turns out I like both love-themes! Didn't realize it until now. Anyhow, thumbs up for Shore. Brilliant work .

Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 08:08
I ADORE both sound tracks . They're the only ones I own and the only instrumental music I ever listen to. They don't NEED words, there's so much feeling in the music. FOTR is my fave, I love May It Be, and The Bridge of Khazad-Dum might be the most exciting piece of music ever written. I love the diverse and unusual things they've done in TTT to get all the different moods and I am among those that think Gollum's Song is amazing. It was the perfect way to round off the open-ended TTT with an atmosphere that makes you ask questions. What next? WHAT?
LauraQ
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2003 01:33
I LOVE these soundtracks!!:heart: Howard Shore ia an absolute genius, and the music is soooo evocative, full of emotion and power, poignance and grace. just wow.

So I have both soundtracks---I Listen to them in the car, and made tapes for my walkman so i can listen when I'm out doing yardwork...(especially like the Hobbit theme then). Also like foundations of Stone, and Riders of Rohan...but my favorites change day to day!!!

For those of you still wondering, I have seen both available at Target stores recently, and you can also order them here at Council of Elrond!!!

Those of you who saw/heard the concert>>>>WOW! i bet it was fabulous!!!

Looking forward to THIS CONCERT is Seattle , WA, July 2004:
music from all three films, as well as film clips from the movies--directed by Howard Shore---Tickets go on sale in August:
http://www.seattlesymphony.org/season/series/series_detail.asp?seriesid=99

also, so for you music and Extended version FoTR fans...here's more : Music from the extended FoTR:
http://www.sa-matra.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lotr/

and finally...another *treat. there are music cuts on Nine Companions site (including the theme from the TT trailer---a very powerful piece!!!)
go here: http://www.ninecompanions.net/sounds_ttt.html , scroll down to songs, click on TT trailer song.
There are tons of sound files at this site! very cool!

**ENJOY!!
LauraQ
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2003 01:38
sorry the Extended FOTR music linky thingy didn't work: try this:
http://www.sa-matra.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lotr/

love the Passing of the Elves...beautiful....*sigh.
Galwain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2003 12:47
Sigh. And it's another one of those moments you'd sell your soul to go live in the VS...
~Shieldmaiden_of_Rohan~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2003 05:12
Here's the site for the lyrics for TTT!!! ELvish and all!!!!!! I already have most of it memorized! SO COOL! I totallt :heart: this music! Yep, I CAN'T wait for the symphony in Seattle!! That's gonna be so cool!!!
elfenfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 05:13
I only needed to see FOTR once before deciding that I absolutely had to get the soundtrack. The music for both films is so emotional, and fit the movies perfectly!Even though I listen to each CD at least once a week, I'm still as enraptured as the first time. It's just so powerful!
Personally, my favorite tracks are all the elvish ones. Enya's songs are great too, I've been hunting down all her CDs ever since, and Gollum's Song is haunting. But my absolute favorite parts are when the elves arrive at Helm's Deep and when Haldir dies. I actually noticed that part the first time I saw TTT, and knew that there was no way I could survive w/out the music.:heart:
What I found especially interesting is listening to Howard Shore's comments during the EEDVD. It gives u an extraordinary insight into the music; so many details!!
The soundtracks are just great!!
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 10:32
I am completely and utterly in love with these soundtracks..And I have just been to a LOTR double feature which reminded me, among other things, of how much i love them!

FOTR soundtrack is really quite diverse, and my favourite tracks are really quite different..first of all, "Concerning Hobbits" has to be one of my favourites, considering my hobbity nature. And my other favourite is "The Breaking of The Fellowship" because it is, IMO, the most emotional track..I never tire of listening to it..and "In Dreams" sung by the boys choir is just beautiful!

TTT soundtrack..well the Rohan theme really takes the cake doesn't it? but equally favourite for me is a bit in "The White Rider" which, in the movie, is when gandalf and the 3 hunters are riding to Edoras, and you see a great wideshot with this amazing music! I think my favourite track here would be "Forth Eorlingas" because it is possibly my favourite part of the movie..but with TTT it's almost impossible to choose! The music for the Ents marching to Isengard is also awesome! And Gollum's song really deserved an oscar nomination! (I mean, no offence to anyone, but IMO I didn't think eminem's song was really oscar worthy, up against gollum's song)

so I have no idea how howard shore does it..but thank goodness he does!
elf_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2003 08:29
The soundtracks are well cool! I have both of them. I really like the part in 'Flight to the Ford' when the horns play, 'The Ring goes South', 'The Breaking of the Fellowship' and 'Mayit be' from FOTR. From TTT I like 'Riders of Rohan', 'The Uruk-Hai' and most of the others, except Gollum's song. It's really creepy. I can't wait for the next movie soundtrack!
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 11:58
i luv the fellowship!!!!! we played the symphonic suite in orchestra, and combining that w/the movie. i just had to get it!!!!!! i haven't gotten a chance to get the towers one cuz i'm a lil strapped for cash. my parents refuse to buy me anymore cds unless it's for my b-day/christmas. :cry: but i have heard clips and it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope i get it soon!!!!!!!!
ev
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2003 07:17
howard shore completed middle earth for me! i thank peter jackson.You´ve done a great job!
TheBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2003 05:27
I don't usually notice sound tracks that much until I watch a movie a couple of times. When I realised how awesome the FOTR soundtrack was - especially Many Meetings which just doesn't leave my head (even after 18 months) - I remembered that I was given the CD for xmas '01.

To my horror, when I opened the case, the CD was missing! So I don't have the CD and haven't got around to buying another one.

TTT was great as well and reminded me in various parts of the Braveheart score. Anyone notice this?
EldarExilePrincess
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 18, 2003 07:35
This is actually a direct copy of a journal entry of mine from my old name, Evuliel, and another reply.

Suilad!

As I'm writing, I'm listening to the soundtrack of FotR! I'm actually weeping, I don't know exactly why! To me, it's so very real and personal. I take it very literally. As I listen, I hear the dialogue in the movie going on in my head and I see the scenes flashing before my eyes in correspondence to the music! Anyone else have a similar experience? I hope I'm not the only one with this 'problem', in some people's view, which is certainly not my view!

The most touching tracks to me were 'Many Meetings', 'The Council of Elrond (of course!)', and 'Concerning Hobbits', but 'Many Meetings' was my favorite especially when I visualized Imladris (which I love a lot!) and my fair Elf Prince Legolas of Eryn Lasgalen coming to Imladris! 'The Council of Elrond' was great and is a favorite, too! I love the music when everybody volunteers to join Frodo! "And you have my bow!" (What language was Enya singing in for the theme for Aragorn and Arwen? Elvish? That was soooo very romantic! I imagined Legolas and I standing together, with nothing but love for each other!)

'A Journey in the Dark' was sad, and I wept the longest for it! I mean, how can no one weep? Look at the former glory of the Dwarves, and how they were all killed! It's so sad! 'The Bridge of Khazad Dum' was great, especially the part when they're all running (the very beginning), the part when Frodo and Aragorn are on the bridge all alone and balancing themselves to not fall (that was quite freaky for me when I first saw the movie! It still is whenever I see it now!), and I really cried till I was gasping when the part comes after Gandalf falls! The only part I didn't get was the guys going "Who! Who!" like owls. That was stupid and weird. I wonder in what language the choir sang.

'Lothlorien' was really Elvish in my opinion and one of my favorites! I wish I knew the song for the lament of Gandalf! I'd love to sing it! (Does anyone know of a site that I can get the song off of, if there is one? How about a site that I can get 'May It Be' from in words?) I thought the music that is playing when Galadriel tells Frodo "even the smallest can change the course of the world" or something like that, and the part when they're leaving Lothlorien in 'The Great River' was very sad. A really uplifting part was when they pass the statues of Aragorn's forefathers'! My blood just started rushing!

'Amon Hen' was spectacular! I never knew how good it sounded! It sounds so dramatic and freaky when listened to by itself without pictures and all the sounds of fighting! Especially the part when that hideous Orc shoots Boromir, and he is fighting to his last breath! I really wept. Every time I see that part, I weep. I can't help it. It's just too sad and heartbreaking, especially the part where Aragorn is weeping for Boromir. One time I got sick because I cried so much!

Oh, 'The Breaking of the Fellowship'! MY ULTIMATE FAVORTIE! This is the one part where I break down completely. I can't stop myself here. It's just so sad for me, about the same as the part where Boromir dies, and so very touching. Those are the two saddest parts for me. Mmmhmmhmhmhmhm! Ahaahahhahahahahha! (I'm humming, by the way!) The part where Frodo brings Sam out of the water! They're hugging each other in the boat now! Sniff! Sob! Ah, the part where Boromir is sent off in the boat! NOO!

"Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands."
"Then the fellowship has failed."
"Not if we hold true to each other. We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death!" (My favorite phrase!)
"Yeeeeeeeess! Come on!" They run off after the hobbits. (Blinking away tears!)
"Mordor! I hope the others find a safer road."
"Strider will look after them."
"Sam I'm glad you're with me!"

'May It Be' never sounded so sweeter and sadder. I'm half-crying half-singing! Anyone else out there like me? I hope so!

I danced to some of the tracks, which was hard at times! I was basically teary-eyed throughout the whole track. I'm going through some rough times now in my life, and this is my only outlet, through 'The Lord of the Rings' and this really wonderful site! I just wish I were a member of the real Council. (In fact, I have written a fanfiction story called 'The Lady of Fangorn Forest'. I submitted it to this site, but I haven't checked if it's been posted. While listening to the soundtrack, I dedicated some tracks to parts of my story.)

Where did Peter Jackson get the Elvish words for Arwen, Galadriel, Elrond, and Legolas to say?

(Can someone tell me how to change my Avatar to a different one from the ones this site provides? I don't have my own.)

I don't think I heard the music that was played when Biblo dropped the ring onto the floor. I wonder why. It also seems that other music was deleted as well.

Well, I have finished now! Namarie (Navaer)!
Frodo_007
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2003 07:36
I absolutely adore the Soundtracks!They really help me relax and calm downI like FOTR Soundtrack better than TTT, though i LOVE both of 'em
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 05:47
I LOVE the LotR Soundtrack!! Especially The Two Towers; Gollum's Song :heart: , Isengard Unleashed, The Uruk-Hai, Foundations of Stone, Evenstar and The Hornburg! :love: From The Fellowship I Love Concerning Hobbits, The Treason of Isengard and The Council of Elrond! Can't Wait Till RotK Comes...
Love,
Ann
mrs_bloom/wood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 06:05
[b]I love the soundtracks! I'm not usually in to music like that - but some of the songs are really beautiful. I listen to them everyday!
kingurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 11:13
Kingurl just got them!!! Well, burned them actually but still!! WOWZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i friggin' love them!!!!!!!!!!!! Thery're absolutely amazing!!! I am in love with the shire theme, and the breaking of the fellowship/in dreams, may it be and the rohan theme!!!! ooooooooo la la!!!!

[Edited on 24/5/2003 by kingurl]
Galwain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2003 07:55
Kingurl just got them!!! Well, burned them actually but still!! WOWZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i friggin' love them!!!!!!!!!!!! Thery're absolutely amazing!!! I am in love with the shire theme, and the breaking of the fellowship/in dreams, may it be and the rohan theme!!!! ooooooooo la la!!!!

Yes, it's gorgeous, no?
It seems that my copy is permanently stuck in my discman. I don't mind though! I'm still in love with it, so. And when you guys are listening to it, do you sort of picture the scenes that go with it as well? I do and I always need to dab away a tear during 'The Breaking of the Fellowship'. It's just too sad!!
green77leaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 05:30
I agree with all of you, the soundtracks rock, Howard Shore has officially replaced John Williams as best movie composer! I'm a horn player, and I love the horn parts in there! Question- does anyone know where I could get myself some horn sheet music?
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 03:29
I love both soundtracks. I can't really say which one I like better, because to me they are both different from eachother and can't honestly be compared From FotR I like, well all of them! From The Two Towers the ones that really stand out to me are Foundations of Stone and The Riders of Rohan. Evenstar was done exquisitely but it's so horribly sad! I keep seeing the viewing table scene over and over :cry:

I like Gollum's song, yes it is very sad, but in some ways I think we can all relate to it. I've been going through some hard times and the people I thought were my friends turned out to be nothing more than casual aquaintances, that hurts So the line "No loyal friend was ever there for me" brought me to tears. Also just thinking about Gollum's situation and what is to come, it's all so meaningful! I take the song is aimed at Frodo and Sam, specifically I think the line I just mentioned says in a way that Gollum is envious of never having a friend like Frodo does.

Here's the kicker, I don't actually own the tracks LOL. I'm kinda broke right now so I listen online. I'll give ya'll the link in case anyone else wants to hear.

http://www.spydirweb.com/SoundTrack.htm

I'm positive the soundtrack for Return of the King is going to send me into a bawling fit :cry: But that's a good thing in this situation. I like music and films that tap on all of the emotions.
Celebroch
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 03:45
LOVE THAT MUSIC!!!
have it as my background for playing Age of Empires. It really builds emotions, especially that violin part and the Fellowship part, my favorite track is probably the Uruk-Hai or Riders of Rohan. I'm working on the Hobbit music on my recorder... it sounds pretty neat. There isn't much that's easy to play for French Horn, though...
Cressida
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 01:17
Can anyone help me figure out what the Gondor theme is?

I've heard conflicting reports. One is that it's the gorgeous horn solo which is heard under Boromir's speech to the Council of Elrond, "By the blood of our people..." and continues through Legolas' revelation that Aragorn is Isildur's heir. The other is that it is the music heard under Boromir's description of the White City when he is talking to Aragorn in Lothlorien. The two themes are not the same, although they might be related musically.

Does anyone know which, if either, of these guesses is correct? Also, does Howard Shore talk about the Gondor theme in any the commentary or documentaries, and if so, where?
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 02:27
Cressida, I never thought about that

I imagine we'll find out the real Gondorian theme whenever RotK comes out, until then I think we're forced to speculate :blush:
kingurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 04:28
Can anyone help me figure out what the Gondor theme is?

I've heard conflicting reports. One is that it's the gorgeous horn solo which is heard under Boromir's speech to the Council of Elrond, "By the blood of our people..." and continues through Legolas' revelation that Aragorn is Isildur's heir. The other is that it is the music heard under Boromir's description of the White City when he is talking to Aragorn in Lothlorien. The two themes are not the same, although they might be related musically.

Does anyone know which, if either, of these guesses is correct? Also, does Howard Shore talk about the Gondor theme in any the commentary or documentaries, and if so, where?

I'm almost positive the two are realated musically. I listened to both, and I think they're variations on the same theme, like they did for the Shire and Fellowship themes. However I was always thinking that the Gondor theme was heard as Gandalf was walking through Minas Tirith in the Fellowship. So I don't know. We won't really know until the realease of RotK
ElhaymGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 07:08
I love both of them, it´s an awesome music!
Trelithe
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2003 03:11
Wait...there is an extended version for the FOTR soundtrack? Does it actually have the song from the Passing of the elves?
I love both FORT and TTT. They seem to never leave my cd player. I am currently trying to find flute music for the scores, but I don't think that will be possible. They seem to either have it for orchestras/band or piano. I may have to get the piano music since it is similar to the flute. Any suggestions?
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2003 09:20
I've heard that there's a special bonus track from the two towers, don't remember the name but It's very lovely :heart: Does anyone knows it's name?
Cressida
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2003 05:03
The bonus track on the TTT soundtrack is called "Farewell to Lorien." It's very pretty, but it's not the Passing of the Elves music. I'd really like to have that on a recording sometime too...ideally in an extended version that completes the song beyond what we hear in the movie!
Remmirath
Sleepless Astronomer
Send Message
on: June 19, 2003 05:48
I love BOTH soundtracks, and just yesterday I downloaded the song from the Two Towers trailer!!! WOW, I love that song and have been listening to it constantly for the last two days on my computer. I'm listening to it right now, it's soo awesome

I will come back to post my fav FOTR and TTT songs later but I have to go now . . .
jhobbs
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2003 07:49
Yeah, the soundtrack is definitely a great one. Howard Shore did a fantastic job composing those pieces. Bravo!
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email