Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
nessa76
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: January 27, 2003 04:54
I think both soundtracks are awesome, I love evenstar, I think that is my favorite, but it is really hard to choose they are all great in there own way and how they fit in the movie. Im suprise it hasnt won more awards.....
nessa76
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2003 05:02
They are both great CD's, my favorite on TT is Evenstar it is such a beautiful song!!!
nimaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2003 05:03
Greetings from the dark continent!
I bought the LOTR soundtrack a while ago and I've just won the TT soundtrack in a competition! I can't wait for it arrive in the post.:love:
My favourite track on LOTR is "Concerning Hobbits". I even have it as a ringtone on my cell-phone!
Plantagenet
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2003 09:01
I love the two soundtrack very much! You can re-live the movie over again with the music only! I love the theme of the 'last marsh of the ents'!
elvenskye62
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 08:04
I love the soundtrack for FOTR. My favorite is "The Ring Goes South". The only problem is it's too short!! It's really awesome when played on a surround sound system and cranked to full volume. Question: Is there much difference in the two soundtracks for FOTR and TTT? Didn't they pretty much use the same music for both? I know there was new music for the Edoras/Rohirrim scenes.

[Edited on 10/2/2003 by elvenskye62]
Annungrodion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 08:50
I love the soundtrack for FOTR. My favorite is "The Ring Goes South". The only problem is it's too short!! It's really awesome when played on a surround sound system and cranked to full volume. Question: Is there much difference in the two soundtracks for FOTR and TTT? Didn't they pretty much use the same music for both? I know there was new music for the Edoras/Rohirrim scenes.

[Edited on 10/2/2003 by elvenskye62]

yeah...each movie has a theme. For FotR, Howard Shore used the ones we here in um..concerning hobbit / the ring goes south. Then in TTT, he used the theme of Edoras, Rohirrim. But he did explained that he wanted to refresh some of the character's role by placing in theme from FotR as well. Thus, you get to here songs in TTT which has FotR's theme... eg: Samwise the Brave.
elvenskye62
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 03:54
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be buying a new cd this weekend
King_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 07:18
Hiya! My favourite parts are definatly these:

FOTR: Concerning Hobbits, Rivendell & the music in the chase with the Nazgul and Arwen.

TTT: Fangorn, Elves tune in Helm's Deep, Rohan theme and Gollum's song -it is so sweet, it makes me cry!

Bye, Elessar.
elvenskye62
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 08:05
You know, I've seen TTT three times and I can't for the life of me remember Gollum's theme! I'm definately buying the soundtrack this weekend.

Personally, I love the whole FOTR soundtrack. I guess if I had to pick more than one favorite they would be: The Ring Goes South, Concerning Hobbits, The Breaking of the Fellowship (just because it has the words to In My Dreams in it), Rivendell and Lothlorien. May It Be is really pretty too, but sad I think. Not so much just the words, but the song as a whole.
~Niphredil~Greenleaf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 05:21
Is there a soundtrack for the extended edition of FOTR? I have the regular one, but I really like the extra music that was in the extended edition! If not, does anybody know where I can find downloadable mp3's or WAV soundfiles of ANY of the songs in FOTR or TTT???
Aroha
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2003 02:49
i loved all of the music...it was amazing.....
my fav was the rohirrim theme tho..wow
Annungrodion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 04:52
Is there a soundtrack for the extended edition of FOTR? I have the regular one, but I really like the extra music that was in the extended edition! If not, does anybody know where I can find downloadable mp3's or WAV soundfiles of ANY of the songs in FOTR or TTT???

hmm...i think the only extended song from FotR is included in the special edition of TTT album, which is track 20, Fareware to Lorien. You can find the songs in mp3 format from plenty of sites or from KaZaa
Eowyn123
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 06:40
I loved both sound tracks espeisleyTTT
where can you get them from?,I`ve searched everywhere!!
Eowyn123
elvenskye62
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 02:03
I loved both sound tracks espeisleyTTT
where can you get them from?,I`ve searched everywhere!!
Eowyn123

I purchased mine from Wal-Mart.
Annungrodion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 11:37
i found plenty in music stores in my country.
janola
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 05:19
Howard Shore's score for both FOTR and TTT is excellent. As a musician, I appreciate his use of instrumental and vocal music and the use of recurring themes to represent people/ideas/places. And I'd like to think that Tolkein would really have especially liked the hobbit music. I bought the FOTR soundtrack before the movie opened and had to resist humming the music during the film.

I really like the vocal music of the elves best of all - it has a tranparent beauty, yet it evokes a little mystery and (in the the Lothlorien theme) just a hint of something a little scary. The other thing that caught my attention immediately is the Uruk-Hai theme in 5/4 time. The DOOM DOOM is straight out of Tolkein's books.
Alqualondë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 01:24
I really love what Howard Shore has done with The Fellowship and The Two Towers soundtracks. I think the music really brings out some emotion in the films, which is always very important in drawing the audience into the movie.

I really do love the elvish music on the soundtracks. Janola, I totally agree with you on the elvish music.
It has a tranparent beauty, yet it evokes a little mystery and (in the the Lothlorien theme) just a hint of something a little scary.
I really do think it has this beautiful sound, it really draws me to it. It's also very relaxing.
elvenprincess_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 04:20
I think the soundtracks are amazing...definitely grammy-worthy...my favorites are from FOTR, which i personally liked more than TTT, tho i like Evenstar and breath of Life...most of the songs are so beautiful, they make me sad...i think about the doomed love of aragorn and arwen...*tears filling eyes!*
i also like many meetings, council of elrond (aniron is beautiful), and the breaking of the fellowship...
Dunwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 02:43
I have both the FOTR and TTT special edition soundtracks and I love them both. On FOTR I think my favourite songs are Concerning Hobbits, The Breaking of the Fellowship and May it Be. On TTT I think my favourites are The Riders of Rohan, The King of the Golden Hall, The White Rider, Helm's Deep, Breath of Life, The Hornburg, ok all the rest of them.

I love the lyrics to Gollum's Song...so sad. It makes me sad!:cry:
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 09:35
I totally loved them too:love:. I usually listen to them in the morning when I wake up and at night while I'm reading the books. I like the First one better though.
:love::blush:
CelebElin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2003 06:12
yeah i love them both!!! i just bought the FOTR track and it's wonderful. I have a couple of questions though. First: does anyone know what's being said in the parts of the track with the righwraiths?? like in a knife in the dark and flight to the ford?? it's really creepy music (fits the wraiths perfectly) and i was just wondering what the words ment. Alos doees anyone know where the 2 songs are that are listed in the TT booklet, cover thinkgy but are not on the CD?? are they parts of other songs?? i was really excited to here the Ent song but when the track came up ther wer no words!!!!
Well, if anyone know s and can help me out that would be great

Anyway, i just love these soundtracks..they were the 1st soundtracks that i've ever bought, i'm not much into instrumental, or at leawst i wasn't. Howard Shore did an awsome job. Does anyone know of anythik else he has composed??

well guess thats it. bye ,thanks for ur help if u can give it
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2003 02:09
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i love the soundtracks soooooooo much!!!!!!!! it's all i listen to anymore, then my parents, friends, and family force me to listen to other things. and in school i start humming the music and my language arts teacher sent me to the school counselor even!!! i have it that bad......
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 01:49
I LOVE both FOTR and T3 soundtracks. I wasn’t sure if I would buy T3 after seeing the movie the first time and even said to my husband, “I don’t think I’ll buy this soundtrack” (if it had been a record - those old black plastic thingies with grooves in them - I would have worn out FOTR’s in the first few months…), but after the second time we saw T3 I realized it was so different, and yet similar. I think Howard Shore (who won a Grammy for FOTR last night!) did a fantastic job of creating new music that fit the new characters - especially for Rohan. I love the sound of the hardinger when you get the first aeriel view of Edoras.

If you liked these soundtracks, you might want to listen to the one for “The Time Machine”. The movie was ok but the soundtrack is awesome! I never purchased a soundtrack before the first Harry Potter movie, which I had to have, then FOTR, then “The Time Machine” and now T3. FOTR lives in my car and plays all the time even though I have five other CD’s in the changer. In the house, I go from TTM to T3 and have yet to tire of either. I usually have T3 playing while I'm on this site! Obsessed and possesed and it's not my fault!!!

CelebElin ~
Here is a short bio on Howard Shore. I haven't heard any of these soundtracks or seen the movies.

Howard Shore has composed the scores for over 50 films, including The Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia, After Hours, and Seven. His collaborations with David Cronenberg have resulted in scores for Cronenberg's films The Brood, Scanners, Videodrome, The Fly, Dead Ringers, Naked Lunch, M. Butterfly, and Crash, spanning a nearly 20-year period by the year 2001.

Shore's formal education came at the Berklee School of Music in Boston. From 1969-1972 he recorded with the group Lighthouse. He was one of the original creators of Saturday Night Live and served as its musical director from 1975-1980. In 2000, Shore began work on one of the most expansive projects of his career when he signed on to produce scores for film adaptations of the Lord of the Rings series. He spent a year just working on the first film, using Tolkien's texts and drawing from eighth and ninth century music sources to try to evoke the books' magical worlds

~~~

[Edited on 2/25/2003 by NenyaGold]
mortal_Arwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 03:26
I bought both CD's my fav music for the ttt soundtrack is Samwise the Brave. I don't really like Gollums song as much as May it be.
elvenskye62
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 04:02
Ok I was just wondering who here has TTT soundtrack and if so, what's your favourite song/s.

Well, I FINALLY got TTT cd and I really like it! I would have to say my favorites are: The Riders of Rohan, The King of The Golden Hall, Helm's Deep and The Hornburg. I like these songs because they have this one particular and familiar score that's in every one of them. It's the one with the violin. I swear it pulls me right into Middle-Earth every time I hear it!

I also like the song, The Uruk-Hai, because it has alot of familiar scores in it from both TTT and FOTR.

I'm not too keen on Gollum's song yet. I like the words, they're so very sad but so true to his character and what he felt was a betrayal from Frodo. It's just the style of the singer that bothers me. Not that she doesn't have a good voice! It's just that the other songs with singing have sort of an ethereal sound to them and this one doesn't. Guess I'll have to get used to it.

[Edited on 14/4/2003 by elvenskye62]
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 05:46
I'm not too keen on Gollum's song yet. I like the words, they're so very sad but so true to his character and what he felt was a betrayal from Frodo. It's just the style of the singer that bothers me. Not that she doesn't have a good voice! It's just that the other songs with singing have sort of an ethereal sound to them and this one doesn't. Guess I'll have to get used to it

I'll agree that the song is very different from the rest of the music in the movies. But then again, isn't Gollum much different from all the other characters? I thought the fact that the song wasn't ethereal was the entire point of it. He's not an ethereal creature, and his "theme song" (if you want to call it that) shouldn't have that ethereal quality.
elvenskye62
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2003 03:50
I'll agree that the song is very different from the rest of the music in the movies. But then again, isn't Gollum much different from all the other characters? I thought the fact that the song wasn't ethereal was the entire point of it. He's not an ethereal creature, and his "theme song" (if you want to call it that) shouldn't have that ethereal quality.

Yep, you're right. I guess I just like the "Elf" songs better. I do like the words to Gollum's song though, like I said, even though they are soooo very sad

[Edited on 8/7/2003 by elvenskye62]
Boromir9
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2003 08:19
I love both soundtracks! I can't wait until TROTK soundtrack!
Faenorion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2003 04:26
I really love Howard Shore's music! He is one of the best composers I have ever listened to (Save Hans Zimmer ) He gives his music so much thought and creativity! My favorite songs are both in [/i]Isenguard Unleashed[i]- Haldirs Lament and The Ents.... Just gives me chills! I Also love Gollum's Song- Emiliana Torrini- Her voice matches the part so wonderfully! Also, I LOVE The Call in Helm's Deep! Gives me chills!

Haldir's Lament:
Ar sindarnóriello caita mornie,
Ar ilye tier unduláve lumbule...

The Ents:
Chorus in Sindarin
rithannen i geven [2.18]
thangen i harn
na fennas i daur
ôl dûr ristannen
eryn...

Solo [Ben del Maestro] in Sindarin

...echuiannen [2.58]
i ngelaidh dagrar
ristar thynd, cúa tawar
dambedir enyd i ganed
si linna i 'waew trin 'ylf
Isto i dur i chuiyl
i ngelaidh dagrar

The Call:
Hwær cwóm helm? Hwaer cwóm byrne
Hwær cwóm feax flówende?
Hwær cwóm hand on hearpestrenge?
Hwær cwóm scir fýr scinende?

VERY COOL!

Faenorion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2003 04:43
I'm not too keen on Gollum's song yet. I like the words, they're so very sad but so true to his character and what he felt was a betrayal from Frodo. It's just the style of the singer that bothers me. Not that she doesn't have a good voice! It's just that the other songs with singing have sort of an ethereal sound to them and this one doesn't. Guess I'll have to get used to it

Gollum's Song is SUPPOSED to sound that way- the other "ethreal" songs are supposed to be pretty and tuff, and Gollum is certainly NOT the pretty type- I think the song suits his character well, as is the style of the singer... IMHO....
elvenskye62
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2003 07:11
Gollum's Song is SUPPOSED to sound that way- the other "ethreal" songs are supposed to be pretty and tuff, and Gollum is certainly NOT the pretty type- I think the song suits his character well, as is the style of the singer... IMHO....

I know that now. Thank you

[Edited on 8/7/2003 by elvenskye62]
Annungrodion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 04:18
the lyrics of evenstar is out!

Solo in Sindarin
Ú i vethed nâ i onnad. [0.00]
Si boe ú-dhanna.
Ae ú-esteli, esteliach nad.

Chorus in Sindarin (simultaneous with above)

Chorus in Sindarin (alone)
Nâ boe ú i. [0.48]

II.
Solo in Sindarin
Estelio han, estelio han, estelio, [1.58]estelio han, estelio veleth.

Teliach nad, estelio han. [1.58]

[Edited on 18/01/2003 by Annungrodion]
RangerNorlin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 04:59
anybody know where I can get the fingering chart for penny-whistle, for the Hobbits theme?
Faenorion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 02:21
the lyrics of evenstar is out!

Solo in Sindarin
Si boe ú-dhanna.
Ae ú-esteli, esteliach nad.

Chorus in Sindarin (alone)
Nâ boe ú i. [0.48]

II.
Solo in Sindarin
Estelio han, estelio han, estelio, [1.58]estelio han, estelio veleth.

Teliach nad, estelio han. [1.58]

[Edited on 18/01/2003 by Annungrodion]

Hey- if you or anyone need lyrics for ANY song in a diff language on either soundtrack, post what song and track number and I'll post it!
Dunwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 12:02
Hi

Does anyone know what instruments were used in Isengard Unleashed? If you do, could you let me know? I need the info for a school project. Either reply or PM me if you know.

Thanks,
Dunwen
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email