Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
shiregirl08
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: January 10, 2003 01:46
I love the fight to the ford, and the music from green dragon. but I can't find the green dragon music anywhere=\
shiregirl08
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:11
I can't find anywhere to get the music from the scene at the green dragon. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thank you.=)
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:12
the beer song?I know where to get it but it's not such a nice site...I can email it to you though.
~Eowyn~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:13
I listen to the FOTR soundtrack on my walkman under the bedcovers each night while I'm supposed to be asleep. Luckily I didn't get caught yet or I'll be dead!:evil:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:14
I love to play the FOTR-Cd in the car and croon or howl away at full volme. Usually it makes me cry - the music is so powerful! especially the music after the fall of Gandalf, the fall of Boromir and "May It Be."

Can't wait to hear TTT soundtrack.

I LOVED the "Forth, Eorlingas" scene. Bernard Hill as Theoden is positively Shakespearean. Like a King Lear who reclaims his sanity in time to save his kingdom.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Lady_Goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:15
Ooh "Forth Eorlingas" is one of my favorite songs too from the soundtrack! My favorite part is when the woman starts to sing and I can picture the Ents in Isengard and Gandalf leading the Rohirrim down the huge hill.... I'm going to learn what she is singing so i can belt it in the car!

Hehe that's what I do with "Anirion"! Ai aa-a-a-aa-a-a-aanirion.....undooo-o-o-oo-o-o-o-omieel...
Skye
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh "Forth Eorlingas" is one of my favorite songs too from the soundtrack! My favorite part is when the woman starts to sing and I can picture the Ents in Isengard and Gandalf leading the Rohirrim down the huge hill.... I'm going to learn what she is singing so i can belt it in the car!
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
It's a remix of the song "Lux Aeterna" from Requiem for a Dream. The piece was remixed by Ajax projection and titled "Requiem for the Rings."

I actually just listened to the soundtrack for the millionth time, and Forth Eorlingas still gives me chills. I think it's the combination of that woman's voice with the strong instrumentals.
Kylara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:16
Does anyone know the name of the piece that is played on the TTT trailers?
Ainulindale
Last Homely Housekeeper
& Gallery Shirriff

Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:16
"Forth Eorlingas!" For some reason, the song just makes me wish that I had horseback riding lessons more frequently than only Thursdays...

I have never been on a horse. I have never seen a real horse except those minature ones at the zoo. It doesn't help that i absolutely adore horses, either. I don't know where to go riding here.

anyway howard shore's music is wonderful!!! It's not as nice to listen to throughout like FOTR soundtrack, but the only thing that could ever take the academy award away from him is the chamber of secrets (Harry Potter) which i honestly doubt very much...
~Eowyn~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:17
"Forth Eorlingas!" For some reason, the song just makes me wish that I had horseback riding lessons more frequently than only Thursdays...
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
I got the soundtrack for Christmas, and Forth Eorlingas is my favorite song on there. It's such an amazing and emotional song, that I can't help but get chills everytime I listen to it. I think that's the huge difference between the TTT and FOTR soundtracks. The TTT soundtrack feels like it has so much more emotion packed into it. Amazing job Howard Shore, yet again!
truebizotic
Council Member
Send Message
I got the soundtrack yesterday from a friend and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I really love the rohan themes...and the helm's deep music. If Howard Shore doesn't win Best Soundtrack at the Academy Awards I'm going to be really mad....:angry:
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:18
It's one of my favorite tracks on the soundtrack
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:21
I thought the music was simply AMAZING....I mean....aaaahhh coool....
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 09:21
Forth Eorlingas is what Theoden says before his final charge at Helm's deep. It is also the name of the song track on the soundtrack for this event. I think that scene is one of the best from the film, because it is so greatly fitting with the music. Shows what an amazing composer Howard Shore is! What do you think?
Kyla
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2003 12:57
I was reading the lyrics and I noticed there were words to two "songs" I guess, that weren't labelled on the CD. Are they parts of other songs maybe? "The Ents" and "The Missing" are...well...missing! Would someone be able to help me out?

[Edited on 13/1/2003 by Kyla]
eleannor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2003 09:55
I love both soundtracks, particularly the 'king of the golden hall' , the violin theme for Rohan reminds me of celtic music somehow. in a couple of weeks im going to london to hear howard shore conducting the royal philharmonic orchestra in the fotr soundtrack. can't wait!
Phery
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2003 10:08
eleannor,hi! I am new to the board..second post in fact and I was wondering if the soundtrack you have has the extra bonus track. Mine doesn't It only goes up to 19! It has Arwen on the cover and I was wondering if that has anything to do with it?
It would be nice if I could recieve some help
~*Phery*~
eleannor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 04:15
no, my soundtrack sounds exactly the same as yours! I didn't even know there was a bonus track, although i know you can buy extended editions of the soundtrack. has anyone else got this extra track?
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 06:09
My CD for the TTT soundtrack has 20 tracks... I'll list them, otherwise I don't know how you can compare:

Foundations of Stone
Taming of Smeagol
Riders of Rohan
Passage of the Marshes
Uruk-Hai
King of the Golden Halls
Black Gate is Closed
Evenstar
White Rider
Treebeard
Leave Talking
Helm's Deep
Forbidden Pool
Breath of Life
The Hornburg
Forth Eorlings
Isengard Unleashed
Samwise the Brave
Gollum's Song
Farewell to Lórien

I hope this helped...

(I bought the Special Limited Edition direct from Time Warner) :love: :love: :love: I'm so impressed with the quality of the music Howard Shore turns out... it makes for a stunningly excellent soundtrack in an already excellent movie !
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 06:20
ah i was wondering about the extra track i heard about... its farewell to lorien then i guess cus i dont have that my last track is gollums song.

darn!

Lavalier
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 10:47

Soz, I'm not about to be helpful but I just wanted to agree; loved the TT trailer music-so dramatic. If you find out where to get them etc, please let me know. I heard the piece from TT was composed by someone from Duran Duran or something-I'm not making it up! They were def from an 80's band anyway!

Are you talking about the song thats played in the trailor when Eowyn says to Aragorn "Where is she, the woman who gave you that jewel?" Cause if you are, I heard that was called Cleaning Apartment and was on the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack.

If you're not, can anyone tell me if the song Im speaking about is on the soundtrack? I havn't got it yet.

On the FotR soundtrack, A Knife in the Dark is my favourite track.

Claire
Tasha
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 06:59
the lotr music is sooooo awesome! i have the second soundtrack and i hope to get the first!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: January 17, 2003 03:40
well, my favourite bits from TTT OST would be the Edoras theme (it's wonderfully authentic), the Hornburg part of the Elves (the Lórien theme on horns) and Isengard Unleashed

as for Gollum's Song, it's perfect
it's practically copied from Björk's work - and I do understand that she doesn't appreciate it - but it fits the mood and Gollum's story just perfectly
Kyla
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2003 11:39
This bothers me. Why do they bother putting lyrics on a CD to songs that aren't on it? I suppose it could be a marketting conspiracy "mwhahaha! They'll see these are not the only songs they COULD have and then they'll buy it again for ONE EXTRA SONG!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" It's just not fair *sniff*
Annungrodion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2003 02:52
the extended or special edision only has one song and the cover is made to look like a leather book. The extra track is Farewell to Loríen which is one of my favourite. Evenstar and Forth Eorlingas are also good!
Gandalf_the_White
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2003 07:59
I haven't got the soundtrack yet, I intend to get it today. I downloaded "the ring goes south" and loved it. I just listen to it repeatedly.
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2003 11:01
I love both the soundtracks. ^^ My favourites are Samwise The Brave (TTT), The Breaking of the Fellowship (FOTR) and I like The Bridge of Khazad-dum (FOTR) as well.
whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2003 12:10
I have both LOTR cd's and I lvoe them!
I love on the TTT one how its got the map!!!!!!
My fave songs are Gollum's Song, May It Be and Concerning Hobbits
CpFan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2003 05:31
Between the two, the FoTR soundtrack is more of a favorite.
I like the Concerning Hobbits, Ringwraiths and All of Enya's songs.
On the TTT soundtrack, I liked Samwise the Brave, Evenstar and Gollum's Song. (And I wish Bjork had acutally done it, but it's still an awesome song. )
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2003 05:59
I made a tape of TTT to play in the car..it really makes that mundane experience so much better. ( Driving anywhere here is long and mundane!) I particularly like all the elvish bits..all the parts with vocals, like Evenstar and Breath of life, and Farewell to Lorien.

[Edited on 24/1/2003 by highlandergirl]
hobbitgrrl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2003 06:13
I love The Shire. That muusic is soooo pretty...the key of D major...just absolutely gorgeous!
_Legolas_Greenleaf_Orli
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2003 01:07
:love: i don't have the FOTR soundtrack but i have the TTT one and it is sooooooooo amazing!!!!!!! i :heart: it
Annungrodion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2003 11:23
i think i know some parts of Evenstar.
THe second part when Isabel sang goes.. "Estelio han, estelio han" somehting like dat. It means Trust this. I think*
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email