Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Hobbitself88
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: March 04, 2003 02:17
I loooove both soundtracks for LOTR. I think that they're beautiful. :heart: For the first soundtrack, since I've seen the first movie so much, I can talk along with the soundtrack and say the lines in time to the music. I know that's really weird but I can't help it.
PiPpiN_LucK
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 06:53
OMG I love both of the soundtracks sooo much especiallt TTT!!! I love the Rohan theme with the cool string instrument, Isengard Unleashed (especially when it swells) and the part of The Hornburg when the elves march into Helm's Deep. But of course, I love it all :heart: . My other fav soundtracks are the Star Wars ones, John Williams is a genius! He and Howard Shore are both geniuses!!
Legolas{Greenleaf}
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2003 12:10
Just to throw my two cents in! *Throws two pennies into the pot* I love the soundtracks to both movies, although I thought that FotR's soundtrack was much better....No offense to anyone else who liked TTT better, it's just that TTT had so much new music that I started to wonder where the theme was...You know, the Fellowship theme, even if the Fellowship is scattered...Just when I thought that I would never hear it again, THERE IT WAS! I was so happy, I believe it's the last soundtrack, unless I'm beyond mistaken! I was jumping up and down with joy, and my friend gave me the weirdest look! Anywho, now that I've made a total fool of myself...Teehee :blush:
Gandalf666
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2003 08:48
Where the hell is the translation for the track #17 (The Ents)???
I still want to know what they sing, it ´s my fav song of the whole soundtrack.
Dunwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2003 07:50
Hi people, elves, hobbits, etc...

I am doing a school project on the song Isengard Unleashed and I was wondering if anyone knows what instruments were used in it. If you do know or if you have any other info on this song either reply to this post or PM me.

Thx,
Dunwen
Nenya217
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 12:07
I finally got my hands on the FotR soundtrack last week, and I haven't turned it off since. I'm completely in love! My favorite tracks are Concerning Hobbits, Many Meetings, Aniron, The Breaking of the Fellowship and May It Be -- I think enya's two pieces are her most beautiful and moving work. I also love the dramatic opening to the Bridge of Khazad-dum, and the final haunting vocals after Gandalf falls. Now I HAVE to get the TT soundtrack!:love:

My only problem with the FotR is that the web link for "bonus content" that pops up when I play the CD on my computer does not work. I have tried it numerous times and get a "Page cannot be displayed" window every time. I was following the link out of curiousity more than anything, but it did annoy me. Anyone else have this problem?
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 04:17
I'm glad to see a lot of us love the soundtracks as much as the movies.... TT soundtrack is by farmost my favorite. I loved it enough to have the ringtones downloaded to my cellphone. When someone calls me I hear the Goldenhall theme. I switch between that and the Fellowship theme. Too bad they didn't have Gollum's voice telling me "You have a call, preciousss"...that would be great!
Celeborns_Lady
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 01:12
I love the two soundtracks. My evil sister broke my FOTR one when she borrowed, so I went and bought another, and got the TTT one from a friend, its so great.

I love The Bridge of Khazad Dum on the FOTR, its so beautifully haunting and wondrous, and i like Gollums Song by Emiliana Torellini (think thats how you spell it, im writing this from college), its soo good, and i cant wait for the ROTK one to come out (and the film) :love:
Amarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 04:45
and i love those soundtracks. i have the frodo-and-sam TTT soundtrack cover. whta about you?
Taniwha
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 10:48
I love the elvish lyrics, though it is a bit hard to hear them sometime especially during the singing, as the vocals are sometimes quite quiet like for example in Lothlorien when there is one singer, Elizabeth Frasier I think (not sure) and its hard to hear her sings the words because of all of the music in the background.

It's all beautiful though, I've recently heard Evenstar and Breathe of Life from TT, and I'm in love with these songs, the vocals are clearer, liquid and beautiful! My fav though would be Evenstar, I fell in love with the song on just hearing it and not knowing what the heck it was!

It is so good, moving, unusual and it catches your attention like a person snapping their fingers together in front of your face, the sound is haunting and if you listen to the vocalist, she is one great singer. Clear, lilting and almost bringing ya to tears. WOW!

I have 'Farewell to Lorien' as well, though I haven't really listened to it yet, this song's from the TT limited Edition soundtrack, like a bonus song. So I haven't found the lyrics quite yet, and yes I can't help but read through the lyrics as I listen to the song *blissful sigh*

H.S and P.J have really outdone themselves in the soundtracks for both films, they're absoultely phenominal!:love::love::love::love:
ChildofIlluvatar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 05:12
I still think that Blind_GuardiaN should have been at least asked about doing the soundtrack for "The Fellowship of the Ring".

My gosh, Blind_GuardiaN basically IS the J.R.R. Tolkien Metal/Rock band.

Although, I like the original soundtrack like it was, but I still think that Blind_GuardiaN could have been considered as well.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2003 08:20
ChildofIlluvatar I sort of agree with you. Have heard some of their music and think it would have done well for some of Orc or battle themes. Not sure how well it would have fit in with the overall orchestral sound.

Still it would have been a nod to them (and probably a real honour for them) to have been included.

Some of you commented on Gollum's theme. It IS eerie and sad, which is exactly why I am becomming more and more fond of it.

Absolutely raving mad about Evenstar. Breath of Life, the whole Rohan theme and Forth Eorlinas.

Kudos to Howard Shore (brought to you by your friendly, neighbourhood Canadians, eh?).
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Linithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2003 07:00
I love all of the music from the LOTR films, and guess what? I have seen in concert, the FOTR music, played live by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and conducted by HOWARD SHORE himself. It was the coolest thing ever. I cried at the end, even with out watching the film. It was brilliant.
My favourite bits of LOTR music are track 17 for LOTR where Frodo and Sam leave inthe boat, and track 16, can't remember what it's called, but where the Rohirrim ride down the big hill into battle. I love Aniron and May it Be too. And the flute tune for Hobbiton and the violin - fiddle - thing tune for Rohan. It's all so lovely.
Annungrodion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2003 07:11
I still think that Blind_GuardiaN should have been at least asked about doing the soundtrack for "The Fellowship of the Ring".

My gosh, Blind_GuardiaN basically IS the J.R.R. Tolkien Metal/Rock band.

Although, I like the original soundtrack like it was, but I still think that Blind_GuardiaN could have been considered as well.

who's blind guardian?
Simbelmyne
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 22, 2003 08:37
I love all of the music from the LOTR films, and guess what? I have seen in concert, the FOTR music, played live by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and conducted by HOWARD SHORE himself. It was the coolest thing ever. I cried at the end, even with out watching the film. It was brilliant.
My favourite bits of LOTR music are track 17 for LOTR where Frodo and Sam leave inthe boat, and track 16, can't remember what it's called, but where the Rohirrim ride down the big hill into battle. I love Aniron and May it Be too. And the flute tune for Hobbiton and the violin - fiddle - thing tune for Rohan. It's all so lovely.

You mean the concert on the 9th of Feb? I went and, I agree, it was great!
Alldie
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2003 09:59
I agree awesome beyond ALL reason. Several songs touched me an made me cry. I listen to it at least once a day I LOVE THEM!!:heart:
Alcarcalimo
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2003 02:04
I'm yet to hear them.. are either of them sold anywhere anymore? :\

[Edited on 24/3/2003 by Alcarcalimo]
Alcarcalimo
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2003 02:08
and in school i start humming the music and my language arts teacher sent me to the school counselor even!!! i have it that bad......

well done... language arts is boring anyway
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: March 23, 2003 04:04
Suilad...........

The music is awesome!
mayitbe
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 03:02
The music.. where to begin.. it's so awesome! it fully transports you to middle-earth.. it so magical.. I love Aniron and May it be from Fellowship.. and TTT.. Helm's Deep, Breath of Life (so nice), and well .. actually I like.. no.. love all of them.. I can't stop listening to them.. bring on Return of the King!!!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 03:44
You may be tired of hearing this, but I just found another Canadian connection to TTT.

Isabel Bayrakdarian (who does Evenstar), is a Canadian artist! She and Howard Shore are doing us proud!
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Tanta
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 07:43
:heart:I looooooooooooooove the soundtracks they are THE most beautiful sets of music I have EVER heard. My fave tracks are no.17 from FotR, and no.16 from TTT.:heart: what does everyone else think?
IvyoftheVine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 02:44
I :heart: the FotR soundtrack! I listen to it everyday to and from school. My favorites are Concerning Hobbits and A Knife in the Dark. I really want to get TTT CD, but I hardly have time to go to the store any more. But I'm sure I'll love it based on what I heard in the movie. And I can't wait to hear what they've done for RotK!
Ruiner
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2003 12:14
Both the Fellowship and TTT Scores are amazing. I personally like the Two Towers score better because it evokes more emotion. Plus it builds on the already existing themes in the first movie. I just wonder if the score for Return of the King will surpass the Two Towers score!
Voguette
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2003 12:00
Oh my god, I absolutely LOVE the soundtracks! I agree with everyone who loves "Evenstar" on TTT- that is definitely my no.1 favourite love-it-so-much-it-makes-me-want-to-cry song!! Also love "Foundations of Stone" on TTT and "The Prophecy" on FOTR. :heart::heart::heart: <-- how much i love the soundtracks! Can't wait for the ROTK one!!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: April 04, 2003 04:56
You may be tired of hearing this, but I just found another Canadian connection to TTT.

Isabel Bayrakdarian (who does Evenstar), is a Canadian artist! She and Howard Shore are doing us proud!

Wow, that's soo cool! Canada has some great singers.
Findabhair
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2003 05:02
YEAH! I love all the lord of the rings music, and have both soundtracks. I found the music completely and utterly compelling, and really beautiful. Who couldn't possibly love the Shire songs? And in the TTT soundtrack, I found the violin of Rohan, and the Rohan themes amazing! All of it is wonderful. What more can I say? The feelings one would expirience when listening to all of the songs can not be described (or just barely) with any word in the English language.....ta well. Must go, and keep listening to the music! I hope, well rather I know, that the RotK soundtrack will be equally incredible! Ta ta!
Genrys
Rhînmallen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 05:01
Both soundtracks are great, but I have to say that TTT is a tiny bit better. This Rohan theme tops everything (and they messed it up at Oscar night...) and Gollum's song is so, how shall I phrase it, to the point. It sums up the character. Marvellous!
Simbelmyne
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 05:14
OK, people I need help. You know the hardinger? I need a picture of one. It must be a gif, transparent or same-colour background. Please help!

~*~Simbelmyne~*~
hobbitchild
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 01:24
I love the soundtracks...I can even play some of them...including the shire theme...
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 04:17
Suilad,

I've listened to both of the CD's so many times I can hear the music and hum to it in my head....the music is awesome! FOTR was great, TT was awesome....so ROTK has to be even better.
talagand
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2003 12:53
I found the lyrics to all the songs in elvish in TTT, as well as what songs they were in (including The Missing), but I can't remember the web address...I think it was dialogsttt.com. sorry.
hobbitgirl2003
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2003 02:01
I so love them!!!!! Especially the "Concerning Hobbits" song! LOVE IT! I haven't heard the 2nd one yet. I LOVE THE FIRST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Periannath~
StoneofSeeing
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2003 08:09
I didn't really like Gollum's Song much at first, either, but it's grown on me. Like Gollum himself, the words and melody are poignant and tormented. It took a few listens, but I now think it's very suitable for Gollum and descriptive of his tortured existence.

That's exactly how I felt about it too...at first it was pretty unusual, but it has such depth. Whenever I'm feeling sad, I listen to it, and it helps me put things in perspective. It helped me face feelings about my grandmother's death. Songs that do that are truly masterpieces.

And I really loved A Breath of Life and Evenstar too. THe CHoises of Master Samwise was good too, the song has so much hope in it.
Nanluth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2003 12:01
I find the soundtracks to be indescribably amazing (I'm listening to TTT at the minute!), as they transport me to Middle Earth. I listen to the soundtracks at least once everyday (many say I'm insane :dizzy: and 'sad' These people know nothing!) The music is sooo emotional, bringing tears to my eyes as I picture the scene that is taking place.

I love each track from both the CDs, yet if pushed to choose my favourites I would have to say:

FotR- Concerning Hobbits- it's sooo happy and full of life.
A Knife In The Dark or the Black Rider- as they both create such an amazing atmoshpere, as the suspense builds...
The Breaking Of The Fellowship- it's just fantastic and oozes with emotion- makes me want to :cry: as I imagine the scene!

TTT- Evenstar- because it creates an instant calm, when all stress and worries disappear for a short time.
The Hornburg- wow! Especially the arrival of the Elves- It makes me want to jump up and down shouting "They're here!! We're going to be O.K.!!! (that it when it happens isn't it?? I've had heated discussions with my sister as to when this actually takes place!)

One final reason why the soundtracks are so fantastic is that I recently used extracts from the CDs with my P6 class on teaching practice. I was using it to show the kids how music can be used to create different moods and atmospheres- telling a story. Many of the kids were able to tell me what the tracks were from and what was happening. In many respects it ended up being guess the LotRs scene (great fun while learning !)

Can't wait until the release of RotK soundtrack! I'm sure it'll be even better- if it's possible!
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email