Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
elf_arrow577
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Newbies sign up here for a newbie-buddy!!
on: December 10, 2010 05:47
Hi! I'm kinda new and was looking to meet some friends!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: December 10, 2010 09:44
Welcome, elf_arrow

Perhaps if you were to post a bit of an introduction in the Newbies thread, answering some of the questions from page 1, we'd know a little more about you. What would you like to know about the CoE site that potential friends might be able to help you with?

If you have any questions, do PM (private message on the left side of any page below the block picture) either Gondolinian, the moderator of the Newbies thread or any other moderator, myself included, to help you out.

Meanwhile, enjoy and carry on!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
elf_arrow577
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2010 02:35
Hey I'm pretty new around here and need some help! I would really like to meet some new friends here
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: December 12, 2010 11:48
Hi elf_arrow577. Have you got any specific question so far? Our site is huge but if you look around a bit and read up, you should be able to discover most. Feel free to contact me with whatever question / problem you might have though, I'll be happy to help you out.
The best way to make new friends quickly is to introduice yourself a bit more in the 'Newbies Introduction Thread', which is also in the newbies forum. That way our members can get to know you a bit better. And of course joining the discussions in the forums help as well .
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Gladhaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2011 05:05
Welcome, elf_arrow577

To integrate yourself to this community in the best way, I would suggest you a great thing which is called the Realms. You can learn about it there. The concept (which is explained in a detailed way in the link) is that you choose the Realm you like the most according to the description each of them gives, and then you join and introduce yourself. It's a great way to become part of a little family which shares your interests, and it really helps making friends. In any case, it helped me a lot to make contact with very nice people. In the beginning, it can perhaps be less intimidating than trying to integrate the big whole community (although the latter is also awesome, believe me ;D).

I'm not here since a very long time, but you can also write me a private message if ever you want to, I'll try to help you the best I can (: The CouncilOfElrond forum is really great, I'm sure you'll quickly be able to get along with it. You'll see that we all share the same passion and that people around here are really sympathetic.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 03, 2011 06:27
Thanks for your suggestion and personal testimony about the Realms Gladhaniel, I'm sure our Realm members will appreciate it as well .

To all our newbies: if you ever have questions about the site (how do I post my fan-art? where can I change my signature? ...) that you haven't been able to find answers to in the forums (the Newbie Forum contains a lot of info already!), or that your buddy (if you have one) can't answer, don't hesitate to contact me (through private message, chat, in a post if necessary). I'll be pleased to help.
legolasgurl13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2011 04:52
Hi,im a newbie and i dont know ANYONE on here and I would like to make friends.
hobbitsrulemyworld101
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2011 01:03
Hey, im Feanna, and Ive only been on here for a couple of weeks. I have found my way around pretty well so far, but would love to make some more friends. I already know someone from real life (SnowMelyanna-not in Vana though), and Tooky but would love to know some oter people better!!
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2011 10:36
Hello, I'm Laryssa. I'm 16, and just joined this site tonight. I was very excited when I came across it because I know that I'll enjoy all it has to offer. I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, and I think it'll be great to meet new people that are also fans. I wish that I read all the books before I watched the movies, but at least I'm reading them now. I hope to hear from some of you soon.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: February 06, 2011 10:32
Hi Feanna and Laryssa, welcome to our site. Perhaps you could also introduce yourselves in the Newbies Introduction thread, which is meant to be used for introductions. Most people will quickly look there to see who joined up and what newbies are around, so your chances of meeting many people are higher there.
The newbie-buddy thread iis meant more for people who need some help getting around the site or have many questions that need answering. For really meeting people the best way is to go out into the different forums and post there where the topic interests you. You'll see that you'll meet many new people quite quickly that way.
Lexa22lalala
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2011 02:40
Hey (: I'm a newbie, but I'm trying to find some people on here now......... and yeah I might want help getting around here
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: February 21, 2011 08:15
If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to contact me Lexa. I'll be happy to answer whatever questions you have .
Latarina15
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2011 10:38
hey i just found this site and i have no idea what im doing can someone help me out?
icador_nightbane
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2011 11:49
im new here to the site and although i am a huge lord of the rings fan i would like some help finding out how everything works
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: March 03, 2011 11:18
Hi Latarina15 and icador_nightbane. I'll send you both a pm (private message, you can find them by clicking on the number in the left toolbar, "You have .... private messages").
A good way to start off in our community would be to introduce yourselves in our Newbies Introduction Thread. That way you'll quickly get to know our members and make many friends.
TishaDonoghue
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2011 11:21
Hi, I am also new to this webpage. My name is Tish and I'm from Ireland. I'd love it if someone would be able to help me out. Thanks
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 11, 2011 08:27
Hello TishaDonoghue, welcome to the council of Elrond. I'd be happy to help you out, just send me a pm (private message) with whatever question or problem you have about the site.

[Edited on 11/4/2011 by gondolinian]
Arwen_Evenstar3597
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2011 03:50
Hi! I'm Erulissë.
If anyone has any advice or anything, I'd love to hear it.
I'm pretty new and don't know much about what to do now. Thanks!
~Hae ephadron/Theri thaur/Am na dhû/Las fîr I ambar/A trehil i ‘alad 'lân uir tri 'wilith...~
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 29, 2011 08:10
Hi Erulissë. My suggestion is to explore the site a bit, by using the toolbar on the left. Once you've taken a look at some of our sections and fora, you might already have a better idea of how it all works and what we have to offer. I don't know what your interests are, but I would definitely check out our Elvish Lessons if you want to learn Elvish, the Last Homely House section if you like to turn your environment a bit more into Middle Earth, and the forums and Realms to meet other people and join our community. But all our other sections are great as well, it all depends on your interests.
Let me know if you have any issues / questions after that, I'll be happy to help you further. Just send me a pm (private message) or contact me through our new chat-bar!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2011 12:24
Hi TishaDonoghue and Erulisse!!! If you need help, I'm also available even though I'm not on the staff. ttyl
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
willa
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2011 02:25
hi Im Wilma-Louise (or Willa) and im pretty new around here and Id like a buddy if anyone can help me out
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: July 14, 2011 08:52
Willa, if you have any questions about the site, how it works, what you can do in here or anything else, don't hesitate to send me a pm. I'll be happy to help you out .
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2011 09:06
...I guess I forgot to post...I already sent Willa a pm last night, and we've been exchanging them...I hope that's alright.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: July 14, 2011 09:16
Of course LadyBrooks! The more members get out and help our newbies, the better . A small post in here does make it easier to know if someone already has a buddy though .
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2011 09:19
Well, I'm always available to help the newbies...I thought I had posted, but I must have got distracted chatting with one of my friends on here and not.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 14, 2011 06:07
I am also willing to help so feel free to pm.
Ireath
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2011 03:54
If anyone can help me? I am a newbie and help would definitely be appreciated ;D
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 02, 2011 07:25
I'll help you, Ireath.
Caeline
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2011 08:35
I might need some help, having a hard time to find my way through all the things on here. I'm a bit lost, haha.
Llarian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2011 03:14
Caeline, If you need a hand with anything let me know. I haven't been an official "member" for long, but I've been prowling around the site for a few months. feel free to pm me with any questions you might have and I'll do my best.
IarwainBen_adar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2011 11:23
Hey i'm a 17 year old boy from Norway looking for friends feel free to pm me
legolasfan154682
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2011 05:28
My name is Fairion. I'm 13 and i live in Iowa. I just signed up, and i've never used a forum before, so can someone please give me tips on using it? I'd also like to make some friends on here.

[Edited on 9/10/2011 by legolasfan154682]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: October 09, 2011 08:30
Hi legolasfan154682, I'll send you a pm (private message) with some help.
Feel free to pm me yourself if you have any questions, IarwainBen_adar. I'll be happy to help.
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: November 04, 2011 07:04
If anyone has questions or wants to get to know people I am available as well - PM me.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Arcollowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2012 03:04
Hey, I'm a newbie, I think I'm finding my way around alright but it might be handy to have a more experienced hand show me the ropes
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email